PDA

View Full Version : SCF Tournament, Round of 32 - The Rock vs. Dusty Rhodes

Slyfox696
04-02-2018, 05:20 PM
The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in San Antonio, TX and is a Round of 32 matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

https://steelcageforums.com/tourney/pics/therock.jpg

https://steelcageforums.com/tourney/pics/dustyrhodes.jpg

#8 The Rock
vs.
#25 "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Fallout
04-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Sidenote, but this is a feud I would have LOVED to see, if only just for the promos.

I favour Rock in this one. Dusty made a great career for himself, with career-defining wins over prime Ric Flair and prime Harley Race, multiple world championship reigns, and infectiously compelling charisma. But as a wrestler, he never really carried WCW, and was more of a supporting player for Ric Flair during his all-time great run. Much of the same thing could be said about The Rock, just changing a few variables like Flair with Austin, and Race with Triple H, but Rock has more up his sleeve, having to actually carry the WWF in 2000 whilst Austin was on the shelf (and doing a damn fine job of it, 2000 is often regarded as one of the WWE's best ever years) and possessing huge mainstream appeal even before he went to Hollywood; an argument could even be made that he was more over than Stone freaking Cold during his prime (although I would disagree). Rock was also a more dominant performer in an environment just as, if not more competitive than 80's WCW. His acting career and return to the WWE were just icing on the cake.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Rhodes was awesome, no doubt. He wasn't the greatest in-ring talent, but he went and got the job done. He's one of the best on the mic. Check out his "Hard Times" promo, that was Dusty in a nutshell. Unfortunately, I got Rocky advancing in this one. Why? Simply alone, Rock has defeated the #1 guy of each generation on the biggest stage of them all; WrestleMania. Rock defeated 80's legend Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 18. Rock went 1 for 3 against the 90's poster boy, Steve Austin. Lastly, Rock beat the 00's #1 guy, John Cena, at WrestleMania 28. To say he's beaten the best, at the biggest stage in the world would be an understatement.

v- Rock.

Gazprom
04-04-2018, 06:28 PM
I'm going with the Rock. Dusty was a good talker and had to be to make the impact he did, but The Rock is also one of wrestling's greatest talkers. Rock also had the luck and successes over his career to go on top of that, and I think that probably just about makes him a bigger all around package. Rock wins.