PDA

View Full Version : I need help...

Dave
04-04-2018, 01:39 PM
So, it may sound a bit funny to some but my friends and I are really into pub quizzes. This WrestleMania is the first time that I have convinced all of them to come. With that in mind, I am hosting a quiz of my own in my house with the other 8 taking part. Only 2 of them know about wrestling but it feels odd to me to not include a wrestling round when we are all gathered for a wrestling event. So, for that reason, I am looking to you for help.

I need some entry level wrestling questions that have some mainstream appeal too. I don't want them to be too hard or too obscure. For instance, "What is the name of Dave Batista's character in the Guardians of the Galaxy series?" is a perfect question.

Any help is appreciated.

Fallout
04-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Which wrestler is known by his nicknames "The Nature Boy" and "The Dirtiest Player In The Game?"

What is the name of WWE's flagship show, broadcast every Monday night?

Which wrestler has the finishing move called Sweet Chin Music?

Which wrestler is known for having his theme songs sung by Motorhead?

This the kind of thing you're looking for? I'll think of some more later on.

Dave
04-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Which wrestler is known by his nicknames "The Nature Boy" and "The Dirtiest Player In The Game?"

What is the name of WWE's flagship show, broadcast every Monday night?

Which wrestler has the finishing move called Sweet Chin Music?

Which wrestler is known for having his theme songs sung by Motorhead?

This the kind of thing you're looking for? I'll think of some more later on.

Yep, those are decent. Keep them coming!

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
04-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Who lost to Floyd Meyweather Jr at Wrestlemania?

Who came out to chokeslam Pete Rose at Wrestlemania?

Who dared blow cigar smoke in Rowdy Roddy Pipers face?

Spidey
04-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Trying to get them as basic as possible.

John Cena played the titular character of what recent family movie?

Who was Thunderlips in Rocky III?

The Rock starred in Disney's Moana. What was the name of his character?

Where is Death Valley?

Clincher:

How many Fast & Furious movies has The Rock been in?

Echelon
04-04-2018, 02:13 PM
"What is Dwayne Johnson's wrestling name?"

"Which iconic wrestler used to wear Red and Yellow?"

"Which wrestler is closely associated with the sound of breaking glass?"

"This wrestler is a professional comedian who was thrown off a steel cage."

Echelon
04-04-2018, 02:40 PM
If you really want to get hardcore Dave, ask them "What were the real names of professional wrestlers Warrior and Test?"

It's actually an extremely easy question.

FunKay
04-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Which American President put his hair on the line versus Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 23?

Which wrestler became Governor of Minnesota in 1999?

Who is the only wrestler to have appeared in The Simpsons?

Can you name the only person to have held championship gold in both the WWE and UFC?

Captain Lou Albano famously appeared in the music video for which Cyndi Lauper hit that began the fabled Rock and Wrestling Connection in the 1980s?

Some Scotland centric questions:

Can you name the only Scottish champion in WWE history?

Which Scottish professional wrestler in currently competing at the Commonwealth Games in amateur wrestling?

Alex
04-05-2018, 03:31 AM
I love pub quizzes too. Closest I get to a wrestling question is occasionally during a sports round. Anyway here are some suggestions.

Which wrestler starred in John Carpenter's 'They Live'

Which secret society did Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall name their WCW stable after

Limp Bizkit's 'Rollin' was used by which wrestler as his theme song in the early 2000s

Uncle Sam
04-05-2018, 06:31 AM
The Meantime Posse - i.e. Tasty, FunKay, Gelgarin and myself - once participated in a wrestling quiz and came second with only minimal cheating. I know, we let the side down.

A11
04-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Which Scottish professional wrestler in currently competing at the Commonwealth Games in amateur wrestling?

The answer to this one is, who gives a shit about the commonwealth games. I think australia actually cared more about the winter olympics than they do the commonwealth games

BaconBits
04-05-2018, 09:51 AM
What year did a WWE star win the strongman competition at the Arnold Classic?

FunKay
04-05-2018, 10:26 AM
The Meantime Posse - i.e. Tasty, FunKay, Gelgarin and myself - once participated in a wrestling quiz and came second with only minimal cheating. I know, we let the side down.

The big thing I took from that was I knew way too much about the midcard of 2003-circa WWE (Thuggin' and Buggin Enterprises w/ Chris Nowinski).

The answer to this one is, who gives a shit about the commonwealth games. I think australia actually cared more about the winter olympics than they do the commonwealth games

Of course. I mean the only sport I've seen them care about recently is match fixing cricket.

More questions for you Dave:

Which multiple time WWE/World Heavyweight Champion appeared in Blade Trinity?

Which Scream actor held the WCW World Heavyweight Championship?

The Big Show appeared as 'Captain Insano' in which Adam Sandler film?

Can you name the Olympic Gold medalist who is also a WWE Hall of Famer?

The Elimination Chamber PPV is named No Escape in which country (bonus point for why too)?

[It also occurs to me my earlier UFC/WWE question was wrong as both Ken Shamrock and Brock Lesnar have won titles in both companies and you could maybe spin Dan Severn in their too]

Awesome_Miz
04-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Here's a very tricky question: Who does the WWE highly promote yet no one can see him?

Also one more good one: Which wrestler had supposed beef and wrestled Andy Kaufman?

EnviousDominous
05-07-2018, 05:24 AM
I ran a trivia night event during my last deployment. One thing I did was have a bonus question where teams could earn 1 to 10 points.

Something like:

At WrestleMania 3, Andre the Giant challened Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship. What was his billed weight for that evening? 10 points for being within 10 pounds, with a point subtracted for every ten pounds off of the correct answer.

Arn Anderson holds the record for most days as the WCW World Televison Champion. How many days has he been WCW World Television Champion? 10 points for being within 30 days, with a point subtracted for every 30 days off of the correct answer.

Kane currently holds the record for the most cumulative eliminations in the Royal Rumble match. How many opponents has Kane eliminated? 10 points for being within 2 of the correct answer, with a point subtracted for every 2 being off of the correct answer.

At WCW's Uncensored PPV in 1996, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage took on The Alliance to end Hulkamania in a Tower of Doom match. Name as many members of The Alliance to end Hulkamania for a point each, to a maximum of 13.

Since the introduction of the TNA Knockouts Championship, 20 women have held the title. For every two women you can name, you will earn one point.

klunderbunker
05-07-2018, 11:35 PM
I ran a trivia night event during my last deployment. One thing I did was have a bonus question where teams could earn 1 to 10 points.

Something like:

At WrestleMania 3, Andre the Giant challened Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship. What was his billed weight for that evening? 10 points for being within 10 pounds, with a point subtracted for every ten pounds off of the correct answer.

Arn Anderson holds the record for most days as the WCW World Televison Champion. How many days has he been WCW World Television Champion? 10 points for being within 30 days, with a point subtracted for every 30 days off of the correct answer.

Kane currently holds the record for the most cumulative eliminations in the Royal Rumble match. How many opponents has Kane eliminated? 10 points for being within 2 of the correct answer, with a point subtracted for every 2 being off of the correct answer.

At WCW's Uncensored PPV in 1996, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage took on The Alliance to end Hulkamania in a Tower of Doom match. Name as many members of The Alliance to end Hulkamania for a point each, to a maximum of 13.

Since the introduction of the TNA Knockouts Championship, 20 women have held the title. For every two women you can name, you will earn one point.

Andre 520
Hogan 294

I'd go 900ish for Anderson.

43. Did I mention I really, really like Rumble By The Numbers?

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson (cage #1)
Meng, Barbarian, Kevin Sullivan, Lex Luger (cage #2)
Z-Gangsta, Ultimate Solution (cage #3)

Unless you're counting managers, that's it for the match. The managers would be Woman, Miss Elizabeth and Jimmy Hart. Brian Pillman was also a member but not in the match.

Not sure there was a thirteenth member, though you might mean Booty Man, who was in the Dungeon of Doom but not the Alliance.

1. Gail Kim
2. Awesome Kong
3. Angelina Love
4. Velvet Sky
5. Madison Rayne
6. Brooke Tessmacher
7. Taylor Wilde
8. Havoc
9. Rosemary
10. Allie
11. Maria
12. Tara
13. ODB
14. Winter
15. Mickie James
16. Taryn Terrell
17. Laurel Van Ness
18. Jade
19. Sienna
20. Su Yung, who hasn't won it yet on TV.

How'd I do?

EnviousDominous
05-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Andre 520
Hogan 294

I'd go 900ish for Anderson.

43. Did I mention I really, really like Rumble By The Numbers?

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson (cage #1)
Meng, Barbarian, Kevin Sullivan, Lex Luger (cage #2)
Z-Gangsta, Ultimate Solution (cage #3)

Unless you're counting managers, that's it for the match. The managers would be Woman, Miss Elizabeth and Jimmy Hart. Brian Pillman was also a member but not in the match.

Not sure there was a thirteenth member, though you might mean Booty Man, who was in the Dungeon of Doom but not the Alliance.

1. Gail Kim
2. Awesome Kong
3. Angelina Love
4. Velvet Sky
5. Madison Rayne
6. Brooke Tessmacher
7. Taylor Wilde
8. Havoc
9. Rosemary
10. Allie
11. Maria
12. Tara
13. ODB
14. Winter
15. Mickie James
16. Taryn Terrell
17. Laurel Van Ness
18. Jade
19. Sienna

How'd I do?

52 points. My mistake on the Alliance question, I thought King Curtis was a member. Bad memory on my part.

Arn was supposedly TV Champion for 870 days, so 900 would be close enough.

43 is right on, Wikipedia claims that he had 44 and their citation for that number links to an unrelated Ric Flair interview.

You're definitely a trivia night ringer.

klunderbunker
05-08-2018, 08:35 PM
52 points. My mistake on the Alliance question, I thought King Curtis was a member. Bad memory on my part.

Arn was supposedly TV Champion for 870 days, so 900 would be close enough.

43 is right on, Wikipedia claims that he had 44 and their citation for that number links to an unrelated Ric Flair interview.

You're definitely a trivia night ringer.

I've uh....been banned from a few wrestling trivia contests. Apparently I broke then because they stopped being competition or something.

King Curtis was the Dungeon of Doom, which was basically half of the Alliance along with the Horsemen. He was gone by then though.

ShinChan
05-09-2018, 03:16 AM
1. Gail Kim
2. Awesome Kong
3. Angelina Love
4. Velvet Sky
5. Madison Rayne
6. Brooke Tessmacher
7. Taylor Wilde
8. Havoc
9. Rosemary
10. Allie
11. Maria
12. Tara
13. ODB
14. Winter
15. Mickie James
16. Taryn Terrell
17. Laurel Van Ness
18. Jade
19. Sienna

I feel great that I could do 16. :p

veenamohithi
05-25-2018, 08:03 AM
"The Rock" :)