PDA

View Full Version : A Very Special Bobby Lashley Interview

EnviousDominous
05-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Last night on Raw, there was an interview with Bobby Lashley reflecting on his upbringing. I think that it was a neat interview, but that it was an odd intermission from the program. I get that sometimes the WWE wants to enhance a performer's notoriety by letting the fans know more about them, while I thought it was neat to learn more about Mr. Lashley, for me it got painfully awkward near the last half. Here's a clip:

https://youtu.be/WbuKWyOKpJM

Now, the WWE seems to be on a kick where they're trying new ways to hype their performers. One of those ways is by putting together short documentaries, and apparently having serious impromptu sit-down interviews.

Yeah, this doesn't work for me. Picturing Mr. Lashely stuffing a dirty rag down someone's throat doesn't make me more excited to see him succeed. The interview itself reeked of being over-rehearsed. I enjoyed the mentions of his family and accolades, but a sit-down interview seemed to expose him as an introvert who was struggling to participate.

Am I being too harsh here?

DNA 2.0
05-08-2018, 12:29 PM
It was a nice way to make Lashley seem, you know, human. So I liked it. But at the back of my head I know they did this because they have no real direction for him.

BaconBits
05-08-2018, 01:15 PM
It was creepy as fuck. I’m not sure where they’re going with it, so I guess I’m sports entertained?

Барбоса
05-08-2018, 01:22 PM
"You see this giant, muscle-bound, freak athlete? He is just like you!"

Pass.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-08-2018, 02:58 PM
It was terrible. Lashley is supposed to be a monster, so in his first promo, he's talking about how much he loves his sisters?

Leave that nonsense for some Network show. As NorCal said in the LD, he should have been talking about how he eats nails for breakfast and whatnot.

But at the back of my head I know they did this because they have no real direction for him.

Exactly. They have no idea what to do with Lashley or many other wrestlers for that matter. Creative is at its lowest point in at least 10 years.

Jack-Hammer
05-08-2018, 06:07 PM
I liked it in the sense that it made Lashley come off like a person. Obviously he's a person, but he came off more than just this stack of muscles. However, all the stuff about the WWE Universe being an extended family was vomit inducing. I mean, that's the kind of hokey, corporate bullshit that Vince tries to inject into so many different things and it almost always succeeds only in undermining whatever it was they were trying to do in the first place.

SSJPhenom
05-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Lashley should be the WWEs full time Lesnar. Instead they have no idea what in the hell to do with him. Why even bring him back? He's so much better than he was when he left and so much more experienced. This could easily work for WWE. Unfortunately for Lashley, however, he's not Samoan or Brock Lesnar enough to make it on Raw. Send him to Smackdown where other people get shots.

jmt225
05-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Lashley's sisters need to be charged with child abuse.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-10-2018, 11:27 PM
I liked his hat, that was cool.

Y 2 Jake
05-11-2018, 03:01 AM
Lashley's sisters need calling up.