PDA

View Full Version : Who would you induct?

mrluck_07
06-04-2018, 02:18 PM
There's certainly no shortage of conversation about the WWE Hall Of Fame. Questionable entries. Snubs. If you were to create a WWE Hall Of Fame who would you induct?

#AbsoluteUnit
06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
The Rock. Yes, I'm very biased but to see him going into the hall of fame would make me mark the hell out.

Spidey
06-04-2018, 04:38 PM
With the notable push to women's wrestling (on top of the rumored Ronda vs. Charlotte Main Event), and it taking place in the New York/New Jersey region, I think it would be crazy as fuck to leave the most important celebrity to Wrestlemania's legacy off the list. Cyndi Lauper more than deserves her due, no question.

Jack-Hammer
06-04-2018, 05:19 PM
For the very first induction ceremony, I think we'd need at least one megastar to be inducted and, as of right now, the biggest star I can think of who's currently not in any sorta wrestling HOF is the Rock. Let's face it, the Rock is the guy who challenges Stone Cold Steve Austin as "the face" of WWE during the Attitude Era, he's a 10 time World Champion, 2 time Intercontinental Champion, 5 time Tag Team Champion, a Royal Rumble winner in 2000, is arguably the best talker in the history of the industry and is probably the single biggest action film star in the world right now. The only reason he's already not in the WWE HOF is the hope, on both sides, that the Rock can somehow find a way to wrestle again at a big WWE event again.

You want people to notice, you want people to care, then announce the Rock as the inaugural inductee and you'll have attention from all corners of wrestling and mainstream media.

Dommyfeds
06-07-2018, 01:32 PM
All due respect to the Rock, I feel like undertaker is the guy, longevity alone.

smarkmouth
06-07-2018, 10:33 PM
I know that this is a far out reply, but this is more for the "Warrior Wing" (though I'd rename that): Chris Nowinski. He didn't have much of a wrestling career, though he was fairly entertaining in his short time, but his post-retirement career has had significant and worthwhile impact on the WWE. Honouring his work in CTE science could be cathartic, and a healing moment for the industry.

Jack-Hammer
06-08-2018, 02:14 PM
I know that this is a far out reply, but this is more for the "Warrior Wing" (though I'd rename that): Chris Nowinski. He didn't have much of a wrestling career, though he was fairly entertaining in his short time, but his post-retirement career has had significant and worthwhile impact on the WWE. Honouring his work in CTE science could be cathartic, and a healing moment for the industry.

Yeah, I could see that. Nowinski's career was cut short due to the fact he suffered a number of pretty serious concussions within the short time he was working for WWE and his work regarding CTE over the course of the last 10 years or so has been really beneficial.

smarkmouth
06-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I could see that. Nowinski's career was cut short due to the fact he suffered a number of pretty serious concussions within the short time he was working for WWE and his work regarding CTE over the course of the last 10 years or so has been really beneficial.
I should continue my thought, though. I would love to see Nowinski's work acknowledged on WWE air but I'm not holding my breath. Inducting him into the Hall of Fame is an unspoken invitation to the Nancy Grace's of the world to revisit their looks into the worse natures of WWE's history. Almost as if the good of his induction will immediately undo itself.

Jack-Hammer
06-08-2018, 08:32 PM
I should continue my thought, though. I would love to see Nowinski's work acknowledged on WWE air but I'm not holding my breath. Inducting him into the Hall of Fame is an unspoken invitation to the Nancy Grace's of the world to revisit their looks into the worse natures of WWE's history. Almost as if the good of his induction will immediately undo itself.

That's a good point and one I can't believe I overlooked. Anything regarding Nowinski will essentially make it open season on WWE for anyone that's ever had any sort of criticism about the company regarding CTE. I mean, it is WWE after all and no matter what WWE does, even if it's genuinely altruistic, critics come from all over to crucify it. It'd almost certainly bring up the Benoit tragedy all over again so this is probably a road best not gone down anytime remotely soon.

klunderbunker
06-08-2018, 09:18 PM
If we're talking people not in already, there are some big names out there, but there's one who is above all of them (including Rock and Undertaker): Vince McMahon.

Very simply put, we're not doing this stuff if Vince isn't around. He's the biggest game changer in the history of wrestling and took it from regional to the global phenomenon that it has become. I'm sure someone would have taken it national one day, but would it have worked? It's really hard to say yes to that, at least at the same level Vince has gotten it to. Sure he may be insane at times and do things that make you feel like he needs to be in a home somewhere, but he created this world that we watch today and without him, there is no Hall of Fame, there is no list of inductees and there is no WWE.

mrluck_07
06-08-2018, 09:40 PM
I like Jack-Hammer's logic.

If we're talking people not in already, there are some big names out there, but there's one who is above all of them (including Rock and Undertaker): Vince McMahon.

Very simply put, we're not doing this stuff if Vince isn't around. He's the biggest game changer in the history of wrestling and took it from regional to the global phenomenon that it has become. I'm sure someone would have taken it national one day, but would it have worked? It's really hard to say yes to that, at least at the same level Vince has gotten it to. Sure he may be insane at times and do things that make you feel like he needs to be in a home somewhere, but he created this world that we watch today and without him, there is no Hall of Fame, there is no list of inductees and there is no WWE.

No doubt! What about his grandfather Jess and Toots Mondt? They did get the ball rolling.

jmt225
06-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Besides The Rock, I think at this current moment the best retired American pro wrestler that's still alive not to get in is Vader. I know he wants it too so I'd really like to see it finally happen for him. Christian is right behind him and certainly deserves it as well.

Non-wrestler I'd say it's about time Heyman and Bischoff got in.

And I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'd like to start seeing some ECW wrestlers get a little HOF love. RVD, Raven, Dreamer, Sandman, Taz, Sabu, Shane Douglas... maybe just one ECW guy a year until all the main players are in.

smarkmouth
06-09-2018, 12:11 PM
And I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'd like to start seeing some ECW wrestlers get a little HOF love. RVD, Raven, Dreamer, Sandman, Taz, Sabu, Shane Douglas... maybe just one ECW guy a year until all the main players are in.

I'd argue that they already got the ball rolling in this with the Dudleys. They may not have been inductees without their WWE runs, but their ECW roots, at the very least, informed their induction. Out of your own list, I'd hope Taz would be next.

jmt225
06-09-2018, 07:53 PM
I'd argue that they already got the ball rolling in this with the Dudleys. They may not have been inductees without their WWE runs, but their ECW roots, at the very least, informed their induction. Out of your own list, I'd hope Taz would be next.

Yeah that actually sucks they were the first ECW guys to get in now that you point it out (unless we count Foley and Funk). I fucking hate Bubba Ray... the fact that he's in over the guys I mentioned makes me sick! lol

#AbsoluteUnit
06-10-2018, 09:41 PM
Oh and my apology, I was the first answer in this thread. I thought this was meant for the current guys who have not been inducted yet. Although, my answer still stands.

King Patrick Star
06-29-2018, 11:23 AM
If I were to create the WWE Hall Of Fame these would be my headliners for the first 6 years.

Year 1 â?? Chris Jericho
Year 2 â?? Stone Cold Steve Austin
Year 3 â?? The Rock
Year 4 â?? Kurt Angle
Year 5 â?? Ric Flair
Year 6 â?? Hulk Hogan