PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys (and one gal) - Kind of nice, eh?

Slyfox696
02-18-2018, 07:33 PM
I thought I'd go ahead and get the chat started here. If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you find anything you see needing change, let me know.

klunderbunker
02-18-2018, 07:40 PM
We're also looking for names for the different sections. Shoot the S*** is one I'd love to see changed.

Ty Burna
02-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Why not go with an old faithful and go with The Cigar Lounge?

klunderbunker
02-18-2018, 08:36 PM
We'd like to have something where people actually know what it means. And there's no smoking here.

Slyfox696
02-18-2018, 08:43 PM
And there's no smoking here.Nazi Mod.

JGlass
02-18-2018, 08:51 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/y23Q27K.gif

Slyfox696
02-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Bant

klunderbunker
02-18-2018, 08:59 PM
If it's a safe space for retards, are Na....That's too much like Trump. I'll retract this one.

Slyfox696
02-18-2018, 09:02 PM
If it's a safe space for retards,I'd eventually love for it to be a safe space for the e-fed and the big wrestling tournament...

klunderbunker
02-18-2018, 09:30 PM
I could go with that. Might need a new name for both but I could go with that.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-18-2018, 11:56 PM
We may leave the name of the fed alone and just have it be an orphan acronym.

We've only discussed it in passing so far though.

Dave
02-19-2018, 01:04 AM
Steel Cage Wrestling - SCW - isn't a bad name though. But aye, we'll likely just keep the name if and when we move over.

Spidey
02-19-2018, 01:20 AM
It's gotta change eventually. Be weird to call ourselves WZCW when we're in a new world over here. Steel Cage Wrestling or Steel Cage Federation is right there for the taking, too.

Loving this layout already. Have you tried yellow font? Already has something better than the old forums.

ABMorales787
02-19-2018, 01:45 AM
I don't know. I kind of feel if we do jump down the line, we should go with a more distinctive name rather than being associated to whatever our home is. Similar to WCPW becoming DEFIANT Wrestling and looking for it's own identity.

Also I'm probably going to stick to this new name. Thing is, outside the forum, I always went by my regular nickname and now I have a status. Small, but it is a status. Plus I'd like to promote work I do here. Which I wanted to ask. What do you guys think about a Facebook page to promote the stuff done here? It would help attract attention once we get rolling here and I got some of the guys on Facebook who can help admin it.

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 01:52 AM
Cool with me, though I'm not a Facebook guy by any means.

Yaz
02-19-2018, 04:28 AM
You could call it "Shooting the Breeze" or "Chewing The Fat" Both have the same meaning.

As far as the fed eventually migrating here, I'm in favor of a name change. Wrestlezone Championship Wrestling, straight out of the redundancy department for redundancy.

Yaz
02-19-2018, 04:39 AM
Oh, I also noticed this when KJ and I post. I think it is due to our signatures, but there is a gap between the post and the line for the signature. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be there or if it is some error, but I thought I'd point it out.

JGlass
02-19-2018, 05:34 AM
I'd say you guys should do an Invasion storyline, but I understand you don't necessarily have enough guys to pull that off.

Slyfox696
02-19-2018, 06:27 AM
Also I'm probably going to stick to this new name. Thing is, outside the forum, I always went by my regular nickname and now I have a status. Small, but it is a status. Plus I'd like to promote work I do here. Which I wanted to ask. What do you guys think about a Facebook page to promote the stuff done here? It would help attract attention once we get rolling here and I got some of the guys on Facebook who can help admin it.
I have no problem at all with a Facebook page, so long as A) It is positive and B) I don't have to mess with it.

HBK-aholic
02-19-2018, 06:47 AM
While this probably won't be necessary for a while, I'd eventually love an option for viewing 50 and 100 posts at a time. Please :)

Dave
02-19-2018, 07:10 AM
Chit Chat is a decent enough name for the Forum, I reckon.

Slyfox696
02-19-2018, 07:45 AM
Oh, I also noticed this when KJ and I post. I think it is due to our signatures, but there is a gap between the post and the line for the signature. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be there or if it is some error, but I thought I'd point it out.If you look at your user information, you'll notice the line between the post and the signature starts about the time your profile information on the left side ends. So my guess is that the signature starts after your profile information (Screenname, avatar, join date, etc.) ends.

ABMorales787
02-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Oh, I also noticed this when KJ and I post. I think it is due to our signatures, but there is a gap between the post and the line for the signature. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be there or if it is some error, but I thought I'd point it out.
It's been a day and you already broke something.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-19-2018, 10:21 AM
For some reason i can't start threads. Not to big a deal right now but it would be a bit of a pain if we move the fed over here

FunKay
02-19-2018, 10:56 AM
I'd say you guys should do an Invasion storyline, but I understand you don't necessarily have enough guys to pull that off.

The ground work for this is sort of in place - I did a storyline where Steven Holmes was buying up other feds as his retirement plan. I pitched an idea concerning this to Dave ages back but I left shortly thereafter. I don't know if he ever took/used the invasion aspect of the story, so it could possibly work.

Slyfox696
02-19-2018, 11:49 AM
For some reason i can't start threads. Not to big a deal right now but it would be a bit of a pain if we move the fed over here
You should have received a PM when you first registered which explained this, but I forgot to write my name in a blank so you didn't.

Right now, you are part of the "New Members" group. Once you get to five posts, you'll move to the full "Registered Users" group, where you'll have all the normal functions. It's just a way to keep spambots from flooding the forums.

Yaz
02-19-2018, 12:42 PM
The ground work for this is sort of in place - I did a storyline where Steven Holmes was buying up other feds as his retirement plan. I pitched an idea concerning this to Dave ages back but I left shortly thereafter. I don't know if he ever took/used the invasion aspect of the story, so it could possibly work.

Back when Harthan was in charge and I was 2 and Blade was 3, he pitched an idea to me of Blade the wrestler being fired and starting his own rogue promotion and invading WZCW. We actually had a fair amount of it planned out and were going to pitch it to the rest of the team once I took over, but Blade dropped out before that happened.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-19-2018, 01:24 PM
Where do I select an avatar?

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 01:31 PM
From anywhere you like. You can upload your own here. Then go to your profile on the top right hand corner.

Fallout
02-19-2018, 02:20 PM
With regards to the fed, I think making a backup of it here would suffice for frame of reference. I could use some of my free-time to help re-format some of the old shows to a serviceable standard so it's not just a copy-paste job.

Slyfox696
02-19-2018, 02:24 PM
With regards to the fed, I think making a backup of it here would suffice for frame of reference. I could use some of my free-time to help re-format some of the old shows to a serviceable standard so it's not just a copy-paste job.https://steelcageforums.com/wzcw/

Fallout
02-19-2018, 02:26 PM
https://steelcageforums.com/wzcw/

Colour me very impressed. If you need any help though, feel free to drop me a line.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-19-2018, 02:56 PM
I got here by looking at KB's site. If I may ask, what went down at WZ Forum? I dig this site thus far, and I plan on sticking around, no doubt. I just was wondering what happened at WZ. Thanks.

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 02:58 PM
Welcome.

Short version: Sly (the other boss here) said something that wasn't popular with the site's owners. After 8 years of volunteering, they fired him without hearing his side of the story and when he sent them an email listing off everything he had done (including writing the rules since WrestleZone never once told us how to do anything), he was told he made a stupid lapse in judgment and that was the end of their discussions.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-19-2018, 03:04 PM
That seems really pathetic to be honest. But I'd say thanks to you and Slyfox for running that site for the better part of 8 years. I figure that you guys will have pretty much freedom to do whatever you two choose. Anyway, good looking man.

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Yeah we run this place ourselves now. It was more annoying than anything else because A, we weren't told anything about what to say/not say and B, you would think that long with working for no money or benefits would have earned us at least a little stature. Not so much apparently.

Yaz
02-19-2018, 03:22 PM
I was the catalyst because I'm 2edgy4u.

Wildcat66
02-19-2018, 03:26 PM
Behold: The beginning of the end of the WrestleZone era...

And the introduction of the Steel Cage era. May it's reign be glorious and long.

Lee
02-19-2018, 03:31 PM
With regards to the fed, I think making a backup of it here would suffice for frame of reference. I could use some of my free-time to help re-format some of the old shows to a serviceable standard so it's not just a copy-paste job.

Creative are on it.

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
02-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Why not go with an old faithful and go with The Cigar Lounge?

How about we never acknowledge that name existed for anything ever

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Changed to Chit Chat until we can come up with a better one. I've never liked Shoot the and while this isn't great, it's at least better.

HBK-aholic
02-19-2018, 08:17 PM
I miss the real Chit Chat section when can I get that back?

Jam
02-19-2018, 11:34 PM
Interesting. Liking the layout and everything. Not sure if anyone remembers me but I still like to keep up with the old fed when I can. Hope everyone is doing great! Dark mode on any forum is essential. Thank you for making that the default :)

The Bearded One
02-19-2018, 11:36 PM
I had started lurking around WZ again in recent weeks after taking a long break. I'm happy to see this place is up and running with a lot of the people I remember having really good discussions when I was more active. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Skairipa
02-20-2018, 12:32 AM
I found my way over here, I'm liking the lay out of everything so far and I love the dark mode layout as well as custom avatars.

ShinChan
02-20-2018, 03:47 AM
Yay! I'm here as well. Liked the theme for sure.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 06:15 AM
Credit for the dark theme goes to KB, as he found something he liked and we made it happen. Good to see you all here, hope you enjoy a forum that won't make you sick and kill you.

smarkmouth
02-20-2018, 10:48 AM
I'm upset that I couldn't list Nick as my referer.

Otherwise great job!

Shocky
02-24-2018, 05:43 PM
So fresh and clean In here.

Slyfox696
02-24-2018, 07:15 PM
So fresh and clean In here....never expected to see you here, so glad you came! Hope you stick around a little.

Shocky
02-24-2018, 09:00 PM
...never expected to see you here, so glad you came! Hope you stick around a little.

A birdy told me of the drama, so IĆ¢??m here to show my support. Things might actually run smoothly.

Slyfox696
02-24-2018, 10:19 PM
A birdy told me of the drama, so I’m here to show my support. Things might actually run smoothly.And get updated, if you can imagine

latino World order
02-25-2018, 12:06 PM
I'm a big fan of the color scheme.

Dave
02-25-2018, 12:10 PM
A birdy told me of the drama, so I’m here to show my support. Things might actually run smoothly.

I doubt it. The man in charge doesn't believe "retarded" is the worst word in the world.

Slyfox696
02-25-2018, 12:14 PM
I'm a big fan of the color scheme.Good to hear. And if you ever get tired of it, there's some others to choose from.

I doubt it. The man in charge doesn't believe "retarded" is the worst word in the world.It truly is a crisis...

CyberPunk
02-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Is this the place to be now?

klunderbunker
02-27-2018, 10:29 AM
I'd think so.