PDA

View Full Version : Forum Changes or Requests

Ty Burna
02-18-2018, 08:11 PM
Post here any changes you see that need or can be requested to be made so Sly can keep a running tally.

Allow Image BB Code for signatures needs to be set to yes.

Slyfox696
02-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Should be good

HBK-aholic
02-19-2018, 07:26 PM
Is there a way to see who's viewing a current thread? I miss that bar at the bottom.

Slyfox696
02-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Is there a way to see who's viewing a current thread? I miss that bar at the bottom.
If it were anyone else...

HBK-aholic
02-19-2018, 07:51 PM
If it were anyone else...

Love youuu ❤

Lee
02-19-2018, 11:09 PM
I use the light theme but if I view anyone's profile it goes to dark theme.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 06:19 AM
I use the light theme but if I view anyone's profile it goes to dark theme.Yeah, I'm not sure what causes that. If you hold down the Shift button and hit refresh, it should change back.

I've been looking into that, but not sure why it does that.

Gazprom
02-20-2018, 08:48 AM
Is it not to do with people having that theme set as their profile theme by default? You can change it to whatever you want, so presumably that overrides the viewer's preference?

Storm Trooper
02-20-2018, 08:56 AM
I'm using the dark theme (KB's Desire to be exact), and I noticed when quoting someone that in the preview the quote was illegible, as it was a white text in a white box. I needed to highlight the text in order to read it.

Even when reading quotes in threads light grey text in a white box is difficult (not impossible) to read.

John
02-20-2018, 04:15 PM
This is very minor but when you click your profile there's a section for who has viewed your profile. Right now it's white text on a white background with the default skin.

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 04:17 PM
This is very minor but when you click your profile there's a section for who has viewed your profile. Right now it's white text on a white background with the default skin.
I've mentioned that to Sly (tech guy). It's been a problem in a variety of areas but it seems to be easily fixable as he's changed several of them already.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 05:47 PM
Is it not to do with people having that theme set as their profile theme by default? You can change it to whatever you want, so presumably that overrides the viewer's preference?It seems more like a caching issue. If one does a hard refresh, the original white comes back.

I'm using the dark theme (KB's Desire to be exact), and I noticed when quoting someone that in the preview the quote was illegible, as it was a white text in a white box. I needed to highlight the text in order to read it.This should be good now.

Even when reading quotes in threads light grey text in a white box is difficult (not impossible) to read.I'm not sure I follow.

This should be good now.

I appreciate you all helping to find these little things which need fixing. We did testing, but it's just difficult to find everything.

Fallout
02-20-2018, 05:49 PM
The Youtube tags I think are redundant now. The video tags work perfectly for linking videos; in fact, the Youtube ones don't work at all.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 05:55 PM
The Youtube tags I think are redundant now. The video tags work perfectly for linking videos; in fact, the Youtube ones don't work at all.That's weird because when we first installed the BBCode for Youtube, it worked just fine. I even had a test post in the Admin forum which worked at the time. No idea why they stopped working.

But I agree, no reason to waste time fixing them when there's a perfectly good video button already. Thanks for the suggestion!

HBK-aholic
02-20-2018, 06:07 PM
I can't see who gave me rep. Like, I see my rep list, with comment and which post it was for. But no username it was from.

But on my Rep I've given, I can see who I gave it to under the date.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 06:59 PM
I can't see who gave me rep. Like, I see my rep list, with comment and which post it was for. But no username it was from.

But on my Rep I've given, I can see who I gave it to under the date.Acknowledging your post, but I'm actually testing a better system to replace rep. Not sure if it will work though.

HBK-aholic
02-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Acknowledging your post, but I'm actually testing a better system to replace rep. Not sure if it will work though.

I shall wait patiently.

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 07:03 PM
I shall wait patiently.

No you won't. Infraction for lying.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Just a quick question, I get this forum is practically new, but what are the requirements for a forum signature? Thanks.

Storm Trooper
02-20-2018, 07:40 PM
This should be good now.
Thanks.

I'm not sure I follow.

I was getting at the light grey text in a slightly darker grey quote bubble, which I circled in the picture provided. It's not as bad as I originally thought though.

I appreciate you all helping to find these little things which need fixing. We did testing, but it's just difficult to find everything.
glad to help.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-20-2018, 07:43 PM

But on my Rep I've given, I can see who I gave it to under the date.
It was me

Fallout
02-20-2018, 07:49 PM
It was me

All along, Austin?

Skairipa
02-20-2018, 08:03 PM
I might have missed it, but is there a way to get a notifaction when someone quotes your post here? If not, can that be a thing? That can be handy at times.

Yaz
02-20-2018, 08:31 PM
I might have missed it, but is there a way to get a notifaction when someone quotes your post here? If not, can that be a thing? That can be handy at times.

I mentioned this to Sly, I forget where, but I believe he said it is a work in progress.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 08:33 PM
I mentioned this to Sly, I forget where, but I believe he said it is a work in progress.
I've actually been testing it tonight. Still working on it though.

Yaz
02-20-2018, 08:37 PM

Test faster. Not like you have two forums to run anymore ;)

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Test faster. Not like you have two forums to run anymore ;):eyeroll:

I'm also testing a separate plugin as well, hopefully to replace the rep system. So, a little busy.

I think the quote one will be ready soon, perhaps tomorrow (I need to do backups before I install the plugin, just in case and it's too late tonight). Not sure about the other.

Yaz
02-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Cool cool. Still mad you didn't give me my black Santa emoji.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Cool cool. Still mad you didn't give me my black Santa emoji.
Haha, I just didn't see it being used much. But, I think both plugins should be ready. It may be tomorrow, but may also be Thursday, as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Skairipa
02-20-2018, 09:17 PM

Sounds good. I'm glad it's in the works at least.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Any chance we could not have a time limit on editing pur posts?

Sometimes i post and go do something only to come back and notice something I want to fix.

My OCD would thank you if it was possible

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-20-2018, 09:44 PM

Sometimes i post and go do something only to come back and notice something I want to fix.

Case in point

Storm Trooper
02-20-2018, 11:09 PM
So I noticed another issue when trying to answer a poll. Same as the prior one I saw. White text box with white text for the poll, I needed to highlight the text to read it.

Lee
02-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Can we have a black santa emoji please? Or as he's called around the world "normal santa"

Skairipa
02-21-2018, 12:02 AM
Can we have a black santa emoji please? Or as he's called around the world "normal santa"

#JusticeForBlanta

Lee
02-21-2018, 01:42 AM
So I can't see who reps me. I can see the rep and the comment but not who.

Echelon
02-21-2018, 03:28 AM
In the chit chat sub forum, the video tags do not seem to work. On the bar in Quick Reply next to INSERT IMAGE, there is no INSERT VIDEO option in that sub forum. At least for me there was not. Using the [*VIDEO][*/VIDEO] tag also did not work.

Slyfox696
02-21-2018, 06:39 AM

No, we want to keep a time limit on editing of posts, that way a poster cannot go back and change their post after another has quoted and replied to it. Right now, the time limit for editing a thread title or adding a poll is 5 minutes and the time limit for editing a post is 10 minutes. That should be enough time to correct any major issues.

So I noticed another issue when trying to answer a poll. Same as the prior one I saw. White text box with white text for the poll, I needed to highlight the text to read it.Should be good. The more of these you find and report, the more I appreciate it.

Can we have a black santa emoji please? Or as he's called around the world "normal santa"Ugh, fine! :lmao:

I'll get it uploaded sometime soon.

So I can't see who reps me. I can see the rep and the comment but not who.Working on a rep replacement at the moment. If the rep replacement doesn't work, then I'll look into this.

In the chit chat sub forum, the video tags do not seem to work. On the bar in Quick Reply next to INSERT IMAGE, there is no INSERT VIDEO option in that sub forum. At least for me there was not. Using the [*VIDEO][*/VIDEO] tag also did not work.
Yeah, I see the same issue. I'll look into that when I get more time.

smarkmouth
02-21-2018, 09:05 AM
What dimensions should we limit out signature images to?

Slyfox696
02-21-2018, 09:08 AM
What dimensions should we limit out signature images to?For now, keep the same as WZ.

"Signature images can be no larger than a grand total of 800 pixels. Signature Images can be as wide or as tall as 500 pixels, but they must in total only add up to 800 pixels. For example, if you have a Banner that is 500 pixels wide, then it can be no longer than 300 pixels. Anything over 500 pixels wide will result in removal or a request to remove it, and will be subject to a Signature Infraction."

However, we've thought about changing them a little and making them a little more forgiving.

Fallout
02-21-2018, 09:08 AM
I was curious, while I think VBulletin is fine, what is your opinion on Xenforo?

ShinChan
02-21-2018, 09:17 AM
So, my time settings are GST + 5.5 but the time I'm actually getting is GST +5. Even at the bottom, it's GST +5.

Fallout
02-21-2018, 10:42 AM
I'd also like to ask about the prospect of tournaments. I expect the WZT will be migrating here, but I'd also be very interested in seeing some of the tournaments that WZ saw in 2009, like the band, sitcom, game and movie tournaments returning also. I'd be happy to help out with hosting if it's only a question of dedication and some competence.

Lee
02-21-2018, 11:04 AM
I'd also like to ask about the prospect of tournaments. I expect the WZT will be migrating here, but I'd also be very interested in seeing some of the tournaments that WZ saw in 2009, like the band, sitcom, game and movie tournaments returning also. I'd be happy to help out with hosting if it's only a question of dedication and some competence.

You hold yourself in such high regard.

Fallout
02-21-2018, 12:19 PM
You hold yourself in such high regard.

The preceding word being some. I think I can afford to be honest with myself instead of driving myself to self-loathing and depression.

klunderbunker
02-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Tournament....not for the time being. We've been open less than a week. I'd like to see us a lot more established first.

Lee
02-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Could I have an apology please?

Slyfox696
02-22-2018, 09:07 PM
Could I have an apology please?
You only get an apology from me if you apologize first for that thing you didn't do.

Lee
02-22-2018, 09:08 PM
You only get an apology from me if you apologize first for that thing you didn't do.

Fuck that you hypocrite. I wouldn't ask anyone for an apology, why have you insinuated that I have?

Lee
02-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Also is there a members list?

Slyfox696
02-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Also is there a members list?
It's under "Community".

Lee
02-22-2018, 09:33 PM
My apology is under community? Thanks Sly.

Slyfox696
02-22-2018, 09:36 PM
My apology is under community? Thanks Sly.
You'll get your apology as soon as Prax apologizes on behalf of Moon Knight for what he said to Jonny.

ShinChan
02-23-2018, 02:08 AM
So, my time settings are GST + 5.5 but the time I'm actually getting is GST +5. Even at the bottom, it's GST +5.
Um? Can someone?

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 07:12 AM
Um? Can someone?I'll try to look into it later this morning. But, if I forget, feel free to bump your post to remind me. :)

smarkmouth
02-23-2018, 09:21 AM
I just posted a thread in Wrestling Discussion with spoiler tags. They work fine in the post, but I see that in the Newest Posts sidebar that the text I had written is plain as day. Not a big issue as per what I wrote, but I could see that being a problem in the future.

I also don't imagine we're worried about short posts being flagged as spam at this point?

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 09:36 AM
I just posted a thread in Wrestling Discussion with spoiler tags. They work fine in the post, but I see that in the Newest Posts sidebar that the text I had written is plain as day. Not a big issue as per what I wrote, but I could see that being a problem in the future.Hmm...interesting.

I also don't imagine we're worried about short posts being flagged as spam at this point?No, just don't post a bunch of stupid things. As long as it has some benefit, it'll be fine.

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Um? Can someone?
How about now? I can't check myself, so you'll have to tell me.

ShinChan
02-23-2018, 09:46 AM
How about now? I can't check myself, so you'll have to tell me.
Still the same issue persists.

Yaz
02-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Still the same issue persists.

If you go to general settings, you can manually override the timezone setting. If it is set to auto, then it automatically detects the setting based on your device location, but there is an option to turn that off and set the timezone yourself.

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Still the same issue persists.I was able to duplicate your issue. I did some Googling and came up with this thread which links to another. I cannot work on it right now, but I'll try to get to it in a few hours.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/4381146-timestamp-off-for-india

ShinChan
02-23-2018, 10:07 AM
I was able to duplicate your issue. I did some Googling and came up with this thread which links to another. I cannot work on it right now, but I'll try to get to it in a few hours.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/4381146-timestamp-off-for-india

No worries. I just thought that I should notify about this. Because I thought that someone else may also face similar.

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 10:12 AM
No worries. I just thought that I should notify about this. Because I thought that someone else may also face similar.Probably not many who will face the issue, but I'd still like to get it fixed for you if I can.

ShinChan
02-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Thank you.

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Thank you.
After reading more about it, it appears as if it is a minor bug in the vBulletin system which occurred as they prepared the forum for use with PHP 7.1. The fix which is mentioned in that thread I linked seemed to have mixed success. I'm very hesitant to edit a core forum file if it's not an officially supported fix or doesn't have more support as a fix. As such, I'm probably not going to be able to take care of this at this time.

If more posters show up needing it, I may revisit the issue. But, as for now, you seemed to be okay with it for the most part, so I'll probably leave it the way it is. I CAN tell you if this forum takes off and shows staying power, we'll probably make a move to vBulletin 5, which will likely have a fix. Sorry about that, I wish I could have been more help.

ShinChan
02-23-2018, 10:35 PM
After reading more about it, it appears as if it is a minor bug in the vBulletin system which occurred as they prepared the forum for use with PHP 7.1. The fix which is mentioned in that thread I linked seemed to have mixed success. I'm very hesitant to edit a core forum file if it's not an officially supported fix or doesn't have more support as a fix. As such, I'm probably not going to be able to take care of this at this time.

If more posters show up needing it, I may revisit the issue. But, as for now, you seemed to be okay with it for the most part, so I'll probably leave it the way it is. I CAN tell you if this forum takes off and shows staying power, we'll probably make a move to vBulletin 5, which will likely have a fix. Sorry about that, I wish I could have been more help.
No problem. Thanks. ��

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 10:41 PM
In the chit chat sub forum, the video tags do not seem to work. On the bar in Quick Reply next to INSERT IMAGE, there is no INSERT VIDEO option in that sub forum. At least for me there was not. Using the [*VIDEO][*/VIDEO] tag also did not work.I got this fixed. Somehow the Video tag was turned off for that forum. No idea how that happened since I just copied the settings of one forum to the next. Anyways, it should be good now.

Sully
02-24-2018, 07:36 AM
I know I read that the sections are intentionally being kept basic for now, but I think a sports section at the least could be useful.

ShinChan
02-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Just wanted to say thanks. For the message limit being good enough. I don't need to delete what I don't want to anymore. Thank you.

ABMorales787
02-25-2018, 03:19 AM
I've been stumbling a bit with the images. I tried linking a couple but a message told me they were too big. I tried to upload them and they did but the image appears at thumbnail size. Is there a way to choose what size the image is if it's automatically compressed?

Slyfox696
02-25-2018, 09:41 AM
I've been stumbling a bit with the images. I tried linking a couple but a message told me they were too big. I tried to upload them and they did but the image appears at thumbnail size. Is there a way to choose what size the image is if it's automatically compressed?Yeah, I used to have problems with that on another forum on which I posted.

I've found the best way to deal with that is to just use the tags and put the link to the image in the middle.

Example: [img]https://steelcageforums.com/forumtemplates/forumlogo/forumlogo.png

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Sorry wrong thread.

Sully
02-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Custom user titles, I didn't see them in the settings. I can't remember if they were allowed on Wrestlezone or not, I recall having them though.

I know another forum that uses this similar vbulletin layout even can have html codings in the custom user titles. Things like colors, bold, or even pictures if they're formatted to the right size.

Yaz
02-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Not sure why, but this issue has been popping up today. When I type my response, I hit reply, it posts, but my response stays in the quick reply section. Just started doing this today.

Slyfox696
02-26-2018, 09:00 PM
Custom user titles, I didn't see them in the settings. I can't remember if they were allowed on Wrestlezone or not, I recall having them though.

I know another forum that uses this similar vbulletin layout even can have html codings in the custom user titles. Things like colors, bold, or even pictures if they're formatted to the right size.I had to change a setting, but it should be good now, assuming you have at least 5 posts.

The Prince
02-27-2018, 12:30 PM
I hope you don't mind that I'll join in the conversation if I see something that could help the forum improve. The first thing I would like to know though, is, if it's possible to have one of the styles without the latest posts on the right? If no, I would then like to see a sort of map of events in wrestling, just like WrestlingInc have, to make it even better, just the poster of the next WWE event with a link to the thread discussion.

Slyfox696
02-27-2018, 12:39 PM
I hope you don't mind that I'll join in the conversation if I see something that could help the forum improve. The first thing I would like to know though, is, if it's possible to have one of the styles without the latest posts on the right? If no, I would then like to see a sort of map of events in wrestling, just like WrestlingInc have, to make it even better, just the poster of the next WWE event with a link to the thread discussion.The forum blocks, the "Latest Posts" on the right feature, is a global setting and can either be enabled or disabled, but as best I can tell can not be made template specific. I'll look more into it, but as of right now, I'm not seeing anything.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about a map of events. I looked on the site you mentioned but didn't really understand what you were getting at. Could you explain in a little more detail?

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-27-2018, 12:45 PM
The forum blocks, the "Latest Posts" on the right feature, is a global setting and can either be enabled or disabled, but as best I can tell can not be made template specific. I'll look more into it, but as of right now, I'm not seeing anything.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about a map of events. I looked on the site you mentioned but didn't really understand what you were getting at. Could you explain in a little more detail?
I think he wants just a list of the events and their date/time from all the big promotions.

Lee
02-27-2018, 01:50 PM
The forum blocks, the "Latest Posts" on the right feature, is a global setting and can either be enabled or disabled, but as best I can tell can not be made template specific. I'll look more into it, but as of right now, I'm not seeing anything.

There's a >> symbol to the right, click that and it vanishes.

Not sure why, but this issue has been popping up today. When I type my response, I hit reply, it posts, but my response stays in the quick reply section. Just started doing this today.

Been happening to me all the time. I think it's to do with the auto save option.

Lee
02-27-2018, 01:54 PM

Here's a picture of the >> << arrows to hide the new posts.

Lee
02-27-2018, 01:55 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/410146881419608066/418149005411745803/SF.png

Here's a picture of the >> << arrows to hide the new posts.

Slyfox696
02-27-2018, 02:04 PM
There's a >> symbol to the right, click that and it vanishes.Great point Lee, not sure why I didn't think to say that.

Been happening to me all the time. I think it's to do with the auto save option.
It is...if it is annoying enough, I can look into it.

Yaz
02-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Great point Lee, not sure why I didn't think to say that.

It is...if it is annoying enough, I can look into it.

It is kind of annoying, but I think I like the potential safety of the auto save feature more than my dislike of the text sticking around. It has really only been an issue in LDs, so I'm not that concerned over it.

It's Damn Real!
02-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Sly, if you're looking for a slew of useful little plugins, check out the work of Valter over at vbulletin.org: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=108756

I use multiple of his plugins for my Rangers' forum. Sub-forum manager, Moderating Stats, Auto Birthday Greeter, Attention Zero-Posters, Advanced Registration, Advanced Forum Statistics, and Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count are all personal favorites.

It's Damn Real!
02-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Also, I know you mentioned not wanting to pay for a new theme, but for the money ($28), Primus is a well-designed, well-functioning template with five solid/fluid versions: https://themeforest.net/item/primus-a-theme-for-vbulletin-42-suite/3321272?s_rank=7

I think you'd particularly enjoy the black and white version given the "Steel Cage" theme and all. You can check out a live demo above.

SD619
03-01-2018, 04:07 AM
Not sure what is the best place to post thus, but out of curiosity, what skills and programming languages do you need/use to create and maintain a forum like this?

It's Damn Real!
03-01-2018, 11:43 AM
You don't need to know any of them. But having a rudimentary understanding of basic HTML/CSS and some understanding of PHP would definitely help.

Slyfox696
03-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Sly, if you're looking for a slew of useful little plugins, check out the work of Valter over at vbulletin.org: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=108756

I use multiple of his plugins for my Rangers' forum. Sub-forum manager, Moderating Stats, Auto Birthday Greeter, Attention Zero-Posters, Advanced Registration, Advanced Forum Statistics, and Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count are all personal favorites.

Also, I know you mentioned not wanting to pay for a new theme, but for the money ($28), Primus is a well-designed, well-functioning template with five solid/fluid versions: https://themeforest.net/item/primus-a-theme-for-vbulletin-42-suite/3321272?s_rank=7

I think you'd particularly enjoy the black and white version given the "Steel Cage" theme and all. You can check out a live demo above.I'll check those things out. Thanks!

Not sure what is the best place to post thus, but out of curiosity, what skills and programming languages do you need/use to create and maintain a forum like this?It depends on what you mean. If you're wanting to know how to create a forum like vBulletin forums, there's several languages you'd need to know (HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, etc.). If you mean to set one up and maintain them, then you don't HAVE to know any, but having some understanding of those languages is extremely beneficial to be able to do any meaningful technical assistance.

klunderbunker
03-01-2018, 01:48 PM
I know next to nothing about technology and I could run the majority of a forum like this on my own. However, the big stuff, like installing those mods that Sly has done, would likely be way over my head without someone walking me through it.

Slyfox696
03-01-2018, 01:56 PM
I know next to nothing about technology and I could run the majority of a forum like this on my own. However, the big stuff, like installing those mods that Sly has done, would likely be way over my head without someone walking me through it.Honestly, things like mods are not super difficult. You just need to make sure you run backups before you install them.

The more difficult part would be if you actually needed to utilize the backups because something went wrong...

klunderbunker
03-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Honestly, things like mods are not super difficult. You just need to make sure you run backups before you install them.

The more difficult part would be if you actually needed to utilize the backups because something went wrong...

Which is where I would likely get in trouble.

Lee
03-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Sly you had a thread a few years back on WZF on free programmes etc. to use (open office for example). Could you do one here please?

Slyfox696
03-04-2018, 09:44 AM
I could probably do that when I get some free time.

Spidey
03-04-2018, 11:27 PM
Hey friends, I'm messaging a person on here, and I have a habit of reviewing my writing in PM before sending it, and it says there are too many characters. Is there a way to lengthen this out a bit? I understand if you want to keep this as is, but it would be cool to be able to jot something down, like say for a review or something, before posting it without a character limit like that. Not a major deal right now, but this might pose a problem later when WZCW makes the final transition.

Lee
03-05-2018, 04:36 AM
PM limit here is 5000characters, WZ is 25,000 if you need the numbers.

Slyfox696
03-05-2018, 06:08 AM
Hey friends, I'm messaging a person on here, and I have a habit of reviewing my writing in PM before sending it, and it says there are too many characters. Is there a way to lengthen this out a bit? I understand if you want to keep this as is, but it would be cool to be able to jot something down, like say for a review or something, before posting it without a character limit like that. Not a major deal right now, but this might pose a problem later when WZCW makes the final transition.
I've changed the limit for a PM to 40,000, the same as if you were posting in a thread.

SD619
03-12-2018, 05:38 AM
Is there a way to disable the signature images on the mobile version of the site?

Slyfox696
03-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Is there a way to disable the signature images on the mobile version of the site?If you turn off signatures on the forum, I would expect that would remove them on the mobile site. I do not believe there is a way to disable only on mobile however. If you need instructions to disable signatures, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

ShinChan
03-18-2018, 10:16 PM
So, unless I'm missing it by mistake, there's no sub-forum like Writing Gallery?

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-19-2018, 04:09 AM
How do I tell people to stop dropping by uninvited?

Slyfox696
03-19-2018, 06:17 AM
So, unless I'm missing it by mistake, there's no sub-forum like Writing Gallery?As of right now, no. You can put it into Chit Chat.

How do I tell people to stop dropping by uninvited?I've found the head of a dead horse in their bed gets the point across nicely...

smarkmouth
04-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Just want to applaud the inclusion of the writing gallery, especially on a forum that allows saved drafts!

Slyfox696
04-19-2018, 12:21 PM
I think it's been requested before, but I received another PM about it and thought, "Why not?". So there it is, hope people enjoy. :)

smarkmouth
05-25-2018, 01:53 PM
I just posted a thread in Wrestling Discussion with spoiler tags. They work fine in the post, but I see that in the Newest Posts sidebar that the text I had written is plain as day. Not a big issue as per what I wrote, but I could see that being a problem in the future.

Found a trick around this. While spoilers still show up in the Newest Posts sidebar, quotes don't. While I don't propose that this goes enforced by the admin team, if we could all use Quotes as a placeholder within our Spoilers (if it's early in the post) that'd be swell.

mrluck_07
05-27-2018, 01:14 PM
How about a line for Twitter names on profiles?

Slyfox696
05-27-2018, 04:28 PM
How about a line for Twitter names on profiles?
Not a bad idea, I'll look into this. If you haven't heard anything in a week's time, re-post here. My upcoming week is going to be rather odd and I may forget.

mrluck_07
05-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Not a bad idea, I'll look into this. If you haven't heard anything in a week's time, re-post here. My upcoming week is going to be rather odd and I may forget.

Will do!

Slyfox696
05-27-2018, 11:22 PM
Will do!
Okay, I've added a custom field to everyone's profile where you can now add your Twitter account. It is possible to add it underneath your username, but that would require editing every template and I'm not sure I want to do that.

smarkmouth
07-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Just want to ask if my signature is too large.

Slyfox696
07-11-2019, 06:39 AM
Just want to ask if my signature is too large.Sorry I did not see this before.

Your current one looks fine to me.

smarkmouth
04-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Something been up with avatar's lately? They pop up here and there but mostly I see a text placeholder where they're meant to be.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-05-2020, 01:26 PM
^ Same here. The only avatar I can see is BestSportsEntertainer. Everyone else's is just a text where the avatar should be.