PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Wrestlemania Traditions?

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 12:05 AM
We're less than seven weeks away from Wrestlemania and since that's practically a holiday for some of us, what do you do? Are you watching by yourself or with people? Eat special foods? Go somewhere to watch the show? How do you do it and are you doing anything special this year?

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-19-2018, 12:10 AM
I usually just watch on my own and chat in the LDs as no one I know likes it.

Kinda boring but it suits me as i don't do crowds well enough to want to go out. I may make a special snack this year though

Spidey
02-19-2018, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna have a watch party with like three or four friends and we're going to get whatever snacks are at the nearby campus corner store. Probably have some drink on hand. May get my gf involved, but she doesn't really care for wrestling unless Rey Mysterio will be there.

She's coming around to the women's wrestling lately though so fingers crossed I make a fan out of her yet. Wrestlemania is my recruitment tool by god.

Dave
02-19-2018, 01:17 AM
I, somehow in this day and age, have quite a few friends who watch wrestling. Throughout the year, they come and go when it comes to watching PPV's live. But everyone makes an effort for WrestleMania and, somehow, always end up at my house. With the NXT the night before, I tend to make the Sunday my equivalent of the Superbowl.

I intentionally miss NXT the night before, sleep until maybe 3 or 4 in the afternoon and start watching wrestling. I watch the Raw and SD from the week before as a recap, NXT from the night before and then the Kick Off and Mania right after. It usually means upwards of 11 or 12 hours of wrestling.

Everyone brings snack, juice or booze and we have a good time. I normally do a predictions contest similar to the one I run on WZ. There's nothing like watching it with friends.

FunKay
02-19-2018, 10:39 AM
I have a buddy who lives in Cardiff who takes it in turns with me to host Mania. This year we're up at his for NXT, Mania and the RAW after. Pepsi, Doritos and plenty more junk food flow freely as we struggle not to fall asleep at the ever expanding Mania's length.

Phoenix
02-19-2018, 12:21 PM
I've had to unfortunately miss the last few Manias as I'm usually on vacation with my wife at the time and will just follow up on the Network when I get back. Shes doesn't have an interest in wrestling, but doesn't mind me watching it. Funny enough, we're visiting New Orleans next weekend, last min plans due to natural disasters changing our original one, but will probably be able to network it this time. Although, I found out two of my work colleagues were big Attitude Era fans, so might have to see if they're up for a Mania gathering.

I still remember watching WM26 at a bar in Canterbury where people were up late to watch it, which was a fun experience, but I don't think there's anything like that near me now.

Yaz
02-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Until this most recent relationship I always watched by myself with some sort of pizza or burger or burrito type food as the main course and snacks throughout. I usually watch the HOF ceremony Friday evening and NXT on Saturday since that has been a thing and just have dinner while I watch. Sunday, since it is basically an all day event these days, I try to block off my entire day with my girlfriend so we can watch. Sometimes I will hit up the LDs or text some friends who are watching. Thankfully you can pause the Network cause last year I had to poop really bad before the Rollins/Triple H match.

I do miss being a wee Yazzy and watching with my folks though. We used to order every PPV and my dad would always complain to Dish Network over Wrestlemania costing more.

Барбоса
02-19-2018, 12:59 PM
I think that I have only tuned in for one Wrestlemania in the last seven years.

It just isn't worth staying up for for an old codger like me

Slyfox696
02-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Usually the wife and I have friends come over, they bring some snacks, I cook some dumplings or order a pizza, make some cheese dip and we watch the 2305320 hours of Wrestlemania. Not sure about this year though, as our wrestling friends had a baby so....

Yaz
02-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Babies ruin everything. I'm at the age that most of the people I grew up close to already have kids and my girlfriend is at the age where most of those people she grew up close to are just having kids and our social circle just keeps shrinking because, rightfully so, people put their children first.

Storm Trooper
02-20-2018, 09:02 AM
So the past 3 years I've gone to visit friends Wrestlemania Weekend. 2015 was a coincidence, and my friend had not been a fan but we watched while his wife was in another room confused as to why we were watching. 2016 we went to Mania 32 as it was 20 minutes from his house, and his wife watched her first match during Takeover, and didn't know it was predetermined. 2017 we watched it together and she was a fan. 2018 I'm going to be in New Orleans for all the events. With 2019 rumored to be in New York or Philly I'll likely be going again as well.

Uncle Sam
02-20-2018, 09:11 AM
I think that I have only tuned in for one Wrestlemania in the last seven years.

It just isn't worth staying up for for an old codger like me

Rollins versus Triple H was, unsurprisingly, enough to separate me from this plane of consciousness. I am normally successful in staying up-- well, considering WrestleMania is now seven hours long and starts at one in the morning, all night. I'm less successful at being a functional human being the next day.

Gaz - the artist formerly known as Tastycles - came over one year and we ate Doritos in my bedroom.

Seeing the Royal Rumble live was honestly always higher on my list of priorities than a WrestleMania, and now I've done that and it honestly was everything I'd hoped it would be, but I would like to see at least one WrestleMania in person. If the next WrestleMania is indeed in New York, it might be sooner rather than later...

John
02-20-2018, 10:34 AM
The last couple years I've had a group of friends over to watch. They know absolutely nothing but wrestling and it's the only show they watch all year, but they're very patient and always end up enjoying it. I've thought about encouraging them to become fans but I have a feeling one episode of Raw would quickly bring that to an end.

Uncle Sam
02-20-2018, 10:47 AM
See, that's the sort of thing that's an impossibility in the UK.

"Do you want to come over and watch the wrestling? Just for a laugh?"
"Oh, alright, when's it on?"
"One in the morning until five in the morning, or maybe an extra hour either side, I forget."

Skairipa
02-20-2018, 01:33 PM
I used to have a fun tradition with my father and uncle we did for a few years of going over my uncle's house and playing the newest WWE video game for a few hours (admittingly that was just my uncle and I) and order a pizza before settling in to watch the big show on pay-per-view. It was fun but the trend ended with Wrestlemania 29 which was also the last one before the network. My tradition now is just watching with my father at home, usually getting some take out from somewhere for dinner,, have a couple drinks and watch the show together. I have thought about inviting over one of my friends who watches wrestling before but for whatever reason haven't done it. May change that this year though.

Gazprom
02-21-2018, 08:18 AM
I used to watch it with Sam, I think. It depends now, if it's in the Easter Holiday, I get up to watch it. This year, I'm back at school, so I will probably avoid spoilers and the forums like the plague and then watch it with my girlfriend and a couple who live in the building next door, who are, astonishingly, the only other people in the Middle East who are British and like wrestling.

Gelgarin
02-21-2018, 08:35 AM
I watched it once in Tasty's flat. We didn't get bullied, Sam didn't drink someone's urine and nobody had to listen to the Big Bossman, so it was an above average event.

Typically, I watch it the day after, unless I'm working, in which case I will watch it live and then spend the next week regretting my poor decision making skills.

Fallout
02-21-2018, 08:43 AM
I'm more a person for Royal Rumble traditions than Wrestlemania traditions honestly. When it comes to the Rumble, I usually watch it with a couple of friends and end up ingesting 3 and a half litres of cider or so.

As for Wrestlemania, it's more of a variable. Sometimes I watch it live (last one I watched live was Wrestlemania 30 though, where I freaked out when the Streak was broken), but otherwise, I catch it the next day when I can put a chunk of time aside.

noahconstrictor
02-21-2018, 08:57 AM
Mine usually is just getting together with my family back home and watching it together, nothing really fancy. Might have a friend or two over if they're vaguely interested, but beyond that, it just gets treated like the Royal Rumble and Summerslam for me in terms of what I do for it.

FunKay
02-21-2018, 08:45 PM
I watched it once in Tasty's flat. We didn't get bullied, Sam didn't drink someone's urine and nobody had to listen to the Big Bossman, so it was an above average event.

Typically, I watch it the day after, unless I'm working, in which case I will watch it live and then spend the next week regretting my poor decision making skills.

I had forgotten about said events. Hopefully it wasn't overflowing with bluttered Australians either?

A11
02-22-2018, 03:52 AM
My group has shrunk to two, the others we've tried to add just cant be arsed because we're spread an hour apart from end to end. I think I'm gonna go all out this year and do burgers for food

Uncle Sam
02-22-2018, 04:11 AM
I had forgotten about said events. Hopefully it wasn't overflowing with bluttered Australians either?

It-- it probably wasn't urine.

Gazprom
02-22-2018, 04:21 AM
“And the winner of the predictions contest is Tony Steecles”

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
02-24-2018, 08:52 AM
Being a bit of a home entertainment tech junkie, I have a pretty wild set up in the living room, and it's exactly for big event stuff like Wrestlemania. 70 inch 4k tv surround sound , theatre style set up. Food and drink aplenty. Feasting and merriment. I also usually watch the documentary "The mania of Wrestlemania" on WWE Network during the week leading up to the show.

Theo
02-25-2018, 03:19 AM
Ours always differs. But two of the last three years we've made the six hour drive to Canada to hangout with Merk and watch the festivities. Probably gonna make it three of four this year.

Last time we each picked a handful of matches on the network and put them into a hat in which we dubbed as "card subject to change". During that process we book how we think Mania and beyond goes.

Spidey
02-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Reminds me, this year I have one buddy who has no clue who the wrestlers are and we've been watching it at his place since The Rumble. He thinks it's fun to not keep up with WWE and just wing the whole thing. His favorite as it stands is Sheamus for the quick elimination and Vickie Guerrero. I think all parties should have one guy who doesn't really watch it but is curious and enjoys seeing their bros go nuts for certain guys. Watching for the spectacle is alright in my books.

navi
02-26-2018, 10:50 PM
Well wouldn't call it a tradition really, just more of the same each year. My son will have some friends over to watch. We have a home theatre in the rec room and you can project it off the whole wall. I'll spend a fortune on snacks and pizza for them as usual. My husband isn't a huge fan of pizza so we'll grab a bunch of Chinese food to share with the kids also.

I usually watch it upstairs in the den by myself with hubby snoring in the chair beside me. I think he might watch this year though, sort of a start of a new tradition. With the main event not really a question as to who will win, probably be in bed early and won't bother watching it.

SSJPhenom
03-01-2018, 03:32 AM
Always get to have a big get together with friends and family. This year will actually be my first time hosting the event at my place. So I'm going to go to Wing Stop and buy a shit ton of different kinds of hot wings, Capriottis to buy a few different kinds of their sandwiches (then we'll cut them up and make them look like little finger sandwiches), cocktail shrimp and sauce, chips with dip, beverages, alcohol, etc. It's going to be fun. Can't wait.

klunderbunker
03-01-2018, 11:39 PM
Anymore it's going to the show. This will be my fourth Wrestlemania attended in five years and I could see that being the case for a long time to come. When I went to my first Axxess, Jim Duggan told me that once I went to one, I'd want to go to all of them. He's been right, as it would almost feel wrong to not be going again.

smarkmouth
03-05-2018, 05:23 AM
I usually get together with either my brother or a close friend, either of which put together a party. Sometimes I put together a pool with a humble dollar-buy in. My wife got me a pro-wrestling crate for my birthday this year, so it's going to be hard to choose a t-shirt this time around.