PDA

View Full Version : Unconventional Wrestling Opinions

Elky
07-23-2018, 03:40 PM
What opinions do you hold are contrary to common IWC opinions?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Kyle O'Reilly > Adam Cole

2006 was a great year for WWE

The B Team are the most entertaining tag team in WWE

Styles is boring as a face, and I haven't enjoyed his current title reign. His ring work has been very underwhelming, and for this year he's nowhere near the best in the world or even Top 10.

Alex
07-23-2018, 04:47 PM
Impact has been really good the past few weeks.

(Dunno if this unconventional or not but still) WWE is no longer the be all and end all. Since the rise of smaller companies doing inter promotional stuff and streaming wrestler's can have a bit more creative control and make decent money without having to do the WWE schedule.

Spidey
07-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Sometimes the program isn't going to cater to our desires, and that's okay. We can be a bunch of pretentious assholes sometimes and should learn to consider the feelings of others, typically kids, before swishing our wine glasses at the product. What doesn't work for me may very well be the best thing a company should go for. There are hundreds of pro wrestling shows I can find with various motifs anyways that I doubt I'll be hard up on seeing what I want to see. Sometimes the best thing any of us can do for ourselves is to step away from a show. And if we choose to return, then maybe we'll have a fresh perspective on what we're watching. Maybe it's not WWE that sucks either, but us for allowing our knowledge of wrestling to influence our enjoyment of wrestling.

klunderbunker
07-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Sometimes the program isn't going to cater to our desires, and that's okay. We can be a bunch of pretentious assholes sometimes and should learn to consider the feelings of others, typically kids, before swishing our wine glasses at the product. What doesn't work for me may very well be the best thing a company should go for. There are hundreds of pro wrestling shows I can find with various motifs anyways that I doubt I'll be hard up on seeing what I want to see. Sometimes the best thing any of us can do for ourselves is to step away from a show. And if we choose to return, then maybe we'll have a fresh perspective on what we're watching. Maybe it's not WWE that sucks either, but us for allowing our knowledge of wrestling to influence our enjoyment of wrestling.

This Saturday a buddy of mine and I were at a house show. We thought it was one of the worst shows we've ever seen (both been watching over thirty years) but there was a six year old at his second show. He thought it was incredible and didn't stop cheering all night long.

DNA 2.0
07-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Gargano isn't main event material.

Jack-Hammer
07-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Gargano isn't main event material.

I think he is as far as NXT goes. Gargano is a genuinely traditional babyface, at least at the core of his persona, and has fans hanging on everything he does or says. They're cheering him, they want him to come out ahead of the despicable bad guy, AKA Tommaso Ciampa, and they want to watch him do it. That's extremely rare in American pro wrestling these days because so many smarks want to cheer the heel because they're not supposed to or because he's "cool" or whatever. Gargano vs. Ciampa have been the two best wrestling matches of 2018, in my opinion, and the feud has reached another plateau as Ciampa is now NXT Champion with the ultimate payoff being that in the 1 on 1 rubber match that's eventually coming, probably at TakeOver: WarGames, Gargano becomes NXT Champion.

On the main roster, Gargano is one of these guys who may not get the time of day from Vince McMahon. He may even wind up on 205 Live, which is a depressing thought. The show has gotten a helluva lot better since Triple H took it over, but 205 Live exists primarily just to give WWE more content on the WWE Network and to give guys who just aren't going to do anything else on the main roster something to do and that puts huge limits to the potential of the show and the CW Division.

smarkmouth
07-29-2018, 11:28 AM
Adam Cole going "Boom" during his theme is about ten thousand times cooler than shouting "Adam Cole BAY BAY!"

Daniel Bryan is the most important member of the active WWE roster, and management needs to keep him happy above all others. (Not that he's an egotist who's hard to please)

I'd absolutely be encouraging of one more main event run for the Big Show.

Sufferin' Succotash
11-20-2018, 05:16 PM
Lesnar is fantastic and we're lucky to have him.

NXT is overrated and the reason the majority of call ups "fail" is simply because they're just not that good.

Kane > Undertaker.