PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Pool General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

smarkmouth
08-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Observations? Objections? Smack talk? Do it here.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-03-2018, 07:09 AM
So a player could have all women on their team, right? Not that I'd do that, just asking.

smarkmouth
08-03-2018, 07:25 AM
So a player could have all women on their team, right? Not that I'd do that, just asking.

No, we want to avoid that with the new rule. If there were a few players with such a roster, no other players would have ANY main roster females in their own rosters. In fact itnwould only take about 6 players with 3 women to break the game in this regard.

From the News & Announcements thread;

As a result, the new rule will be that players must have at least one female superstar from RAW or Smackdown in their rosters, but have no more than two total female superstars.

Sorry for any confusion.

(These changes are reflected in the Rulebook and changelog, for anyone who missed this revision.)

#AbsoluteUnit
08-03-2018, 07:30 AM
why are players getting points after losses?
Loss - 6 Points

smarkmouth
08-03-2018, 08:27 AM
why are players getting points after losses?

I wanted there to be some value in losses and jobbers, and didn't want someone like Roman running away on the scoreboard. I went with half the victory points, rounded up so it was divisible for tag team matches.

That being said, I'm willing to open this up for debate before the scoreboard launch. I won't go at low as zero, so I think a fair score is 6 or 4. What do you think? Anyone else want to weigh in?

Awesome_Miz
08-03-2018, 09:59 AM
I wanted there to be some value in losses and jobbers, and didn't want someone like Roman running away on the scoreboard. I went with half the victory points, rounded up so it was divisible for tag team matches.

That being said, I'm willing to open this up for debate before the scoreboard launch. I won't go at low as zero, so I think a fair score is 6 or 4. What do you think? Anyone else want to weigh in?

I think 5 or 4 would be good enough points to go off on for losses cause after all we want winners as well in our pools. The way I see it someone could go after a pretty heavy pool of jobbers and a champ or two, since champs lose quite a bit due building up the contender or storyline purposes. For myself personally am go between 5 or 4 since 6 points seems a little too strong. However it's up to you and how you see things.

Stone Cold Tea
08-03-2018, 05:23 PM
I think 5 or 4 would be good enough points to go off on for losses cause after all we want winners as well in our pools. The way I see it someone could go after a pretty heavy pool of jobbers and a champ or two, since champs lose quite a bit due building up the contender or storyline purposes. For myself personally am go between 5 or 4 since 6 points seems a little too strong. However it's up to you and how you see things.

I think that scenario makes it more interesting. It's adds a different element to superstar selection. There's 12 participants so let's say that's one top guy each, it adds more value to the lower card players.

Yaz
08-03-2018, 07:01 PM
I was the guy you pitched the original idea to back on WZ and I get the 6th pick? I thought for sure you would rig the "random" aspect like the NBA in '85 to make sure the Knicks got Ewing.

I do like the idea of some value in a loss. One guy has to win, but it isn't like traditional sports fantasy where guys on a losing team still get you points. The team of jobbers as strategy is a unique idea. Just sorta Moneyball the whole roster. After the initial season, I'd support looking at an adjustment for points the loser gets, but for now I think its fine.

smarkmouth
08-03-2018, 09:52 PM
I think that scenario makes it more interesting. It's adds a different element to superstar selection. There's 12 participants so let's say that's one top guy each, it adds more value to the lower card players.

Small correction; 14 participants. And honestly, as a participant, I think my first round pick will be a midcarder who regularly has a match on the weekly shows.

Or is that what I want you to believe? Mwah-hahahhahaha!

I was the guy you pitched the original idea to back on WZ and I get the 6th pick? I thought for sure you would rig the "random" aspect like the NBA in '85 to make sure the Knicks got Ewing.

Yaz, I would give you the world if I could. The pool is above our mortal rules.

smarkmouth
08-04-2018, 10:04 AM
It is presently 12:04 PM EST. The draft thread will be opened near midnight. I may post early, but if so, Fallout will have 24 hours from midnight to make the first draft pick.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-04-2018, 06:26 PM
hawkins will be my first pick. dude has mad potential.

smarkmouth
08-04-2018, 06:42 PM
hawkins will be my first pick. dude has mad potential.

Yet you're not for 6 point losses? :wink:

#AbsoluteUnit
08-04-2018, 07:16 PM
I have no witty comeback for that at the moment. Take your like.

smarkmouth
08-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Suggestion to all players; Adjust your email settings here on SCF to receive emails when you receive private messages, even if just for the duration of the draft. I will PM anyone who hasn't made their pick after the first 12 hours or so, so if you receive push notifications on your phone or whatever you should get an alert when I message you.

Just a suggestion, you are in no way obliged to do so.

(Under General Settings, bottom option in this image)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dj2Ek6XX0AAfBTo.jpg:small

Skairipa
08-06-2018, 12:36 AM
^ You Suck.

I guess I'll take someone phenomenal = AJ Styles

I already bitched at Matrix for taking Seth. Since scoring doesn't start until post SummerSlam, I am gonna take my boy D Bry.

The advantages of having an early first round pick have already paid off.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrandPeriodicHare-max-1mb.gif

BestSportsEntertainer
08-06-2018, 01:19 AM
It's a little surprising that no one has taken Reigns yet.

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 01:54 AM
It's a little surprising that no one has taken Reigns yet.
Same for Brock. Main event of Summerslam. I guess that they both will be taken before first round itself.

Yaz
08-06-2018, 03:18 AM
Matrix and I talked about Roman a bit earlier. I'm not gonna give away our super secret discussion, but we both agreed on where we truly value Roman.

smarkmouth
08-06-2018, 05:41 AM
Same for Brock. Main event of Summerslam. I guess that they both will be taken before first round itself.
Just a reminder dude, the scoreboard doesn't go live until the RAW right after SummerSlam

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 05:43 AM
Just a reminder dude, the scoreboard doesn't go live until the RAW right after SummerSlam
I know. ��

smarkmouth
08-06-2018, 05:46 AM
Good good! I'd have felt bad if someone started the game misinformed, especially if it was because if I wasn't clear somewhere.

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Good good! I'd have felt bad if someone started the game misinformed, especially if it was because if I wasn't clear somewhere.
Nah. Bro. You have done it very well. Very very well.

smarkmouth
08-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Shin!

#AbsoluteUnit
08-06-2018, 10:57 AM
I like how smooth this draft is going. Plus, I would've hated to pick as late as Wednesday (which was my projected draft time).

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 10:59 AM
I like how smooth this draft is going. Plus, I would've hated to pick as late as Wednesday (which was my projected draft time).
It’s damn smooth. I am trying to think but I can't remember what smooth wrestling transition I wanted to use here.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Dammit. Is it too late to play?

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 11:03 AM
In words of Daniel Bryan, Yes. I guess.

smarkmouth
08-06-2018, 11:05 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised myself. I wasn't expecting too many people who would have to wait full days for their pick, but I was hoping against long queue times. So far so good!

(Though, as I say that, A11 hasn't logged on since the 31st, so we'll see)

Sorry dude, afraid so.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-06-2018, 11:05 AM
It’s damn smooth. I am trying to think but I can't remember what smooth wrestling transition I wanted to use here.

I totally forgot about Finn Balor until I looked at your signature. I'm dumb. #ShouldveDraftedHim

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 11:13 AM
I totally forgot about Finn Balor until I looked at your signature. I'm dumb. #ShouldveDraftedHim
Trust me. It happened for your good.

ShinChan
08-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Is anyone else confused about this? Like whom to choose. Your favourite wrestlers or the ones who could make you win. I'm confused. For sure.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-06-2018, 11:54 AM
I'd say that if you're one of the lower people to select, just pick "the best wrestler available" with your pick. Remember though, this "league" doesn't start until the RAW after SummerSlam.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Is anyone else confused about this? Like whom to choose. Your favourite wrestlers or the ones who could make you win. I'm confused. For sure.

I was. I wanted to choose Daniel Bryan or Finn Balor but ultimately went with Lashley.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-06-2018, 07:09 PM
KB or Sly should give a rundown on everyone's draft choices, obviously after the draft is finished.

A11
08-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Fuck I'm glad I got on today, I've been flat out the last 6 days and hadnt checked here and then remembered about this. I'm not even up to date with what is going on so I'm hoping for anything above last and I'll call that a success.

I had a quick read over the rules, probably too late to change rules but thought i would throw this suggestion out for a future season. Being reward for not being the one to take the fall in multi man matches and being rewarded more for getting the fall. E.g In a triple threat match if roman reigns gets pinned by seth rollins, reigns should get the usual 6 points for a loss and rollins the 10 for a victory. Lesnar as the third man who didnt get pinned should pick up 8.
Or in tag matches if reigns and rollins beat the miz and dolph ziggler with the miz taking the fall and reigns getting the fall. Immediately halve the points and you would have reigns and rollins on 5 each and the miz and ziggler on 3. I believe a point should either be taken from the person who took the fall and rewarded to the wrestler who gained the fall. In this case that would make the scores Reigns 6, Rollins 5, Ziggler 3 and the Miz 2. Alternatively you could take a point off rollins and reward it to reigns and a point off the miz and reward it to ziggler. Meaning the scores would now be Reigns 6, Rollins and Ziggler 4, the miz 2.

That could be a pain in the ass to sit there and figure out. I know you said you will be basing it off kb's review but does that mean it will be based off his results summary or the full match summary write up he does? Because if it is the full write up then another points categories could be successful distractions/interference with it being multiplied if it results in a win.

I'd also like some negative scores placed in, what they would be I dont know though.

Obviously the more scoring factors you add in the more complicated and time consuming the process will be for you but I'm sure we could all just calculate our own scores and you could just basically act as an auditor to ensure nobody is dicking the scores around (severe punishments for those found to be deliberately or consistently doing so) and another competitor to could correct it as well to ensure it is double checked. So essentially each player would tally their own and another players score each week and then whoever the league commissioner is (if it ever changes) just has to look at the two totals and rule on any differences. I'm sure a spreadsheet could be made up that calculates the total of everything with just a simple Y/N checklist being used

Sorry for the long ass post

smarkmouth
08-07-2018, 06:19 AM
Fuck I'm glad I got on today, I've been flat out the last 6 days and hadnt checked here and then remembered about this. I'm not even up to date with what is going on so I'm hoping for anything above last and I'll call that a success.

I had a quick read over the rules, probably too late to change rules but thought i would throw this suggestion out for a future season. Being reward for not being the one to take the fall in multi man matches and being rewarded more for getting the fall. E.g In a triple threat match if roman reigns gets pinned by seth rollins, reigns should get the usual 6 points for a loss and rollins the 10 for a victory. Lesnar as the third man who didnt get pinned should pick up 8.
Or in tag matches if reigns and rollins beat the miz and dolph ziggler with the miz taking the fall and reigns getting the fall. Immediately halve the points and you would have reigns and rollins on 5 each and the miz and ziggler on 3. I believe a point should either be taken from the person who took the fall and rewarded to the wrestler who gained the fall. In this case that would make the scores Reigns 6, Rollins 5, Ziggler 3 and the Miz 2. Alternatively you could take a point off rollins and reward it to reigns and a point off the miz and reward it to ziggler. Meaning the scores would now be Reigns 6, Rollins and Ziggler 4, the miz 2.

That could be a pain in the ass to sit there and figure out. I know you said you will be basing it off kb's review but does that mean it will be based off his results summary or the full match summary write up he does? Because if it is the full write up then another points categories could be successful distractions/interference with it being multiplied if it results in a win.

I'd also like some negative scores placed in, what they would be I dont know though.

Obviously the more scoring factors you add in the more complicated and time consuming the process will be for you but I'm sure we could all just calculate our own scores and you could just basically act as an auditor to ensure nobody is dicking the scores around (severe punishments for those found to be deliberately or consistently doing so) and another competitor to could correct it as well to ensure it is double checked. So essentially each player would tally their own and another players score each week and then whoever the league commissioner is (if it ever changes) just has to look at the two totals and rule on any differences. I'm sure a spreadsheet could be made up that calculates the total of everything with just a simple Y/N checklist being used

Sorry for the long ass post

Dude, I'm glad you remembered in time! I've been peeking at player's "most recent activity" in their profile when it's been their turn and I thought you might miss.

I like the thought of a deducted point for taking the fall in a multi-man contest, particularly in Triple Threats and all. I even considered something quite similar, but I got to a point in which I was drawing a chart for the scoring system and felt it was getting too complex for the first season. We're currently discussing the points attributed to a loss up at the first page of this thread so I'm interested in your take.

The same to be said about additional scoring systems. Should we do a second season (I'm feeling hopeful), I'll definitely be open to that. This thread has already yielded a couple cool ideas.

We do have a few negative points as well, but it's only for player conduct in failing to meet roster requirements. I can't think of an on-screen instance to do so.

Awesome_Miz
08-07-2018, 08:55 AM

For me personally you might see my username and could say it was without a doubt that Miz was going to be my pick if he was available. However that's not why I chose him as my 1st pick pick,even though hes my personal favorite, but rather due to where I see him going post-SummerSlam. I had someone else in mind, not going to say who of course, but after much thought I felt Miz was better than my other choice.

It could get tricky when deciding, but the thing to consider when choosing some from the roster is where do you see WWE going with X superstar after SummerSlam.

This could be a hint or I might just be playing with your mind..... ;)

ShinChan
08-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Even it's you playing with my mind, thank you. Because even that would work out good for me.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-07-2018, 02:28 PM
KB or Sly should give a rundown on everyone's draft choices, obviously after the draft is finished.

^ That would be a great idea. Why didn't anyone think of that?

smarkmouth
08-07-2018, 02:39 PM

I'm not sure how much they've visited these parts so far, so I'm going to go ahead and quote them both without any context so they get alerted to come here and see it.

Seriously, even the WWE could not have written a more ridiculous story. And they've tried.

Adorybull.

Slyfox696
08-07-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure how much they've visited these parts so far, so I'm going to go ahead and quote them both without any context so they get alerted to come here and see it.Someone quote me when the draft is completely finished and I'll take a peek. But KB would probably be a better expert on this, as he's way more into wrestling at this point than I am.

klunderbunker
08-07-2018, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure how much they've visited these parts so far, so I'm going to go ahead and quote them both without any context so they get alerted to come here and see it.

Let me know when it's done and I'll take a gander.

Yaz
08-08-2018, 01:34 AM
Shin taking Ronda is interesting because she is such a wildcard. There is a good chance she heads into the post SummerSlam landscape as champ, but will she actually be around and competing on a week to week basis? He will get those PPV points for sure, but might not get points week to week.

A11
08-08-2018, 03:40 AM
If someone moves brands and that puts me out on having two raw or two SD, how long have I got to fix it?

smarkmouth
08-08-2018, 04:52 AM
If someone moves brands and that puts me out on having two raw or two SD, how long have I got to fix it?

Assuming a move happens on TV, players have until the end of the next trade window(Wednesdays through Saturdays) to resolve their roster. If they do something like tweet about it during the trade window we may have to adapt case by case.

If a move happens during the draft and the wrestler has been already been drafted, the player holding him won't incur any end-of-draft penalty, so long as they've otherwise been respecting the roster requirements. They will also have until the end of the incoming trade window to resolve any roster balancing.

smarkmouth
08-08-2018, 05:06 AM
ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS, but URGENT FOR THE FOLLOWING (No context quotes to alert player attention)

I'm game.

Same pinch bro.

I have never done one either but I'm in. Thank you for the PM, smarkmouth.

Aye, put me in.
I'm in.

As we get to the end of the First Round, this is an important reminder concerning the draft order. We're moving from top to bottom (1st round), bottom to top (2nd round), top to bottom (3rd), bottom to top (4th) top to bottom (5th).

From the rulebook and draft thread;

Draft order is top to bottom and then bottom to top, repeated until all players have filled their Five Superstar Rosters.

ie
First Pick: Fallout
Second pick: Dave
Thirteenth pick: ShinChan
Fourteenth pick: Stone Cold Tea
Fifteenth pick: Stone Cold Tea
Sixteenth pick: ShinChan
25th pick: Dave
26th pick: Fallout
27th pick: Fallout
28th pick: Dave
and so on.

Awesome_Miz
08-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Shin taking Ronda is interesting because she is such a wildcard. There is a good chance she heads into the post SummerSlam landscape as champ, but will she actually be around and competing on a week to week basis? He will get those PPV points for sure, but might not get points week to week.

That's what popped into my head as well, because when you consider all things Ronda has just competing in her first TV match since her debut all the way back in January. But we could be wrong and WWE might build her up on TV and destroy all women. Who knows?

Stone Cold Tea
08-08-2018, 09:28 AM
I didn't think anyone would chose my first pick but after Raw this past Monday he must have been in a few people's minds. It was a very tense wait.

smarkmouth
08-08-2018, 10:03 AM
He's a good get, I think! I considered him but thought I'd have time.

My second pick is Coming up right after the break
Why you gotta do this, though?!

Awesome_Miz
08-08-2018, 10:44 AM

I'm thinking he's going for heel of the year lol

smarkmouth
08-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Well if that's the case, I hope Tea read the rules carefully.

When the player before you has made their pick, you have 24 hours to make your pick(s) before the next player gets to choose.
Pick(s).

ShinChan
08-08-2018, 11:41 AM
I'm thinking he's going for heel of the year lol
And I'm the one nearest to him. Jai Mata Di.

Awesome_Miz
08-08-2018, 11:57 AM
And I'm the one nearest to him. Jai Mata Di.
You just better not take my Heath Slater bay bay!!! I need him and all his kids to achieve greatness! Lol

ShinChan
08-08-2018, 12:03 PM
You just better not take my Heath Slater bay bay!!! I need him and all his kids to achieve greatness! Lol
Adam Cole BAYBAY!

smarkmouth
08-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Just a bit of math for y'all;
We're 15 picks out of 70 picks into the game so far, all accomplished within the first 90 hours of the draft. That's an average of one pick every 6 hours.

Considering we're drafting in a rather unconventional format that accomodates people all across the globe, I think that is excellent! Well done, everyone!

That being said, if we maintain this rate, we are looking at a draft that lasts 420 (nice) hours, which is 17.5 days. This is not a bad thing, it's still a great rate! It just means we may all be working with our first 3 or 4 round picks for the first week of the game, as per the revision in the event of an unfinished draft.

IN THE EVENT of an UNFINISHED DRAFT
If RAW on August 20th begins and we have any rounds left in the draft, the game will commence but with a temporary revision. If, for example, we have only completely finished the third round of drafting with some players already making their fourth round picks, then we will temporarily â??suspendâ? those fourth round picks (they will still be officially drafted but wonâ??t be gathering points), and everyone will be playing the first week(s) of the game with their first three round picks. If you are missing superstars due to you missing your draft, then you will be starting the game with less superstars than other players.

Cheers! I hope you're all having fun.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-08-2018, 06:22 PM
If the first 3 people ahead of me drafted at that 24 hour mark, today would've been my first pick. I dig it.

Stone Cold Tea
08-09-2018, 12:28 AM

Sorry I just think I'm funny.

Spidey
08-09-2018, 12:35 AM
As a spectator, all of this has made for a fun read. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to see how well/bad you folks do when it's crunch time.

I gotta get in on this next go round.

ShinChan
08-09-2018, 12:50 AM
I was torn between Charlotte and Drew. So, basically chose favourite.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-09-2018, 11:15 AM
If this is "season one", will season 2 be royal rumble to 'mania?

ShinChan
08-09-2018, 11:24 AM
If this is "season one", will season 2 be royal rumble to 'mania?
You found the question I lost. Thank you. I have the same question.

smarkmouth
08-09-2018, 11:30 AM
That would be my hope. I would like to incorporate the build up towards Rumble in the game(Iwanna see the trade windows when we're all trying to figure out who wins the Rumble), but I worry that may be difficult to draft over the holidays. Fine tune all that after this game, but that time frame is my goal

#AbsoluteUnit
08-09-2018, 12:23 PM
RR 2019 is January 27th. That's plenty of time, no?

smarkmouth
08-09-2018, 12:39 PM
I should have been clearer; I'd like to include the entire month of January as part of the games. Ultimately, it's not a dealbreaker, I just think it'd be fun. Then again, so long as that trade window before the Rumble is open, then that's interesting in it's own right.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-09-2018, 08:05 PM
If any of y'all take my next pick I SWEAR, I'LL DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN IN THIS THREAD ABOUT HOW MY GUYS ARE NOT BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT. GET @ ME

ShinChan
08-09-2018, 10:04 PM
If any of y'all take my next pick I SWEAR, I'LL DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN IN THIS THREAD ABOUT HOW MY GUYS ARE NOT BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT. GET @ ME
What's your next pick?

#AbsoluteUnit
08-09-2018, 11:02 PM
What's your next pick?

Linda McMahon. Do not hate!!!!

ShinChan
08-10-2018, 01:04 AM
Linda McMahon. Do not hate!!!!
She isn't included in the roster. Anyone else?

#AbsoluteUnit
08-10-2018, 01:50 AM
She isn't included in the roster. Anyone else?

kevin dunn

ShinChan
08-10-2018, 02:56 AM
kevin dunn
Wow.

smarkmouth
08-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Matrix and I talked about Roman a bit earlier. I'm not gonna give away our super secret discussion, but we both agreed on where we truly value Roman.

Now that Roman has been drafted, I was wondering if you two would share? I was figuring that even if he was champ, his whole shtick about Lesnar's reign was how he doesn't show up. He's gotta go against that grain, no?

Also, damn you. Can't believe you did that to me on Rusev Day.

A11
08-10-2018, 10:44 PM
I had one strategy and that is completely fucked now. Dont exactly know if I'll be able to trade for it but you never know

Yaz
08-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Now that Roman has been drafted, I was wondering if you two would share? I was figuring that even if he was champ, his whole shtick about Lesnar's reign was how he doesn't show up. He's gotta go against that grain, no?

Also, damn you. Can't believe you did that to me on Rusev Day.

Dude, I get online and start looking at who is left and I was waffling between Ziggler and Rusev and I couldn't in food faith take Ziggler given how much I dislike him.

On Roman, we both felt like he is going to get you a W almost each time he wrestles, but ever since he started his fifth quest to vanquish Lesnar, he has only wrestled on TV a few times. We figured there was more value in a guy like Seth, who is lower on the card, but wrestles almost each week as opposed to a guy like Roman who will probably only wrestle once or twice between PPVs.

The run on women really depleted the talent pool. There are two left who I feel would have been decent picks, but there are too many questions around them for me to reach. I have a plan next round though, and if anyone figures it out I will cut you.

smarkmouth
08-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Just an FYI, I've moved Nikki Bella to the specialties category, as well as added Brie. Noticed Nikki was in the SD roster and it didn't seem apt. Damn you, Wikipedia.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Whoever picks Naomi will get a Like from me.

Should've said that earlier brah.

Skairipa
08-11-2018, 01:35 PM
I really hope I'm right in thinking WWE does something with Ruby and gives her a solid push so she's not a terrible pick.

OYDK
08-11-2018, 02:40 PM
I really hope I'm right in thinking WWE does something with Ruby and gives her a solid push so she's not a terrible pick.

I actually think Riot's a pretty solid choice, especially considering the lack of women that were left. At the very least she should be featured most weeks, unless of course WWE has one of their weird mood swings and decide to take her off TV for a month straight for no reason.

So far, I'm pretty happy with my picks. I'm thinking Shin will come out of SS with the US title and Becky's either going to leave SS with the Women's title or she'll be chasing it going forward. Either way, both should be featured pretty heavily in the coming months. At least, I hope...

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-11-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm happy with my 2 picks so far.

I have an idea or 2 in mind for my third choice as well

Skairipa
08-11-2018, 11:14 PM
I actually think Riot's a pretty solid choice, especially considering the lack of women that were left. At the very least she should be featured most weeks, unless of course WWE has one of their weird mood swings and decide to take her off TV for a month straight for no reason.

So far, I'm pretty happy with my picks. I'm thinking Shin will come out of SS with the US title and Becky's either going to leave SS with the Women's title or she'll be chasing it going forward. Either way, both should be featured pretty heavily in the coming months. At least, I hope...

Yeah it was between her and Ember, and I feel like there's better odds of Ruby being a success considering she has a character on the main roster and Riott Squad get matches often. Plus if women's tag titles come, could fully see Riott Squad getting them.

Yaz
08-12-2018, 04:47 AM
Yeah it was between her and Ember, and I feel like there's better odds of Ruby being a success considering she has a character on the main roster and Riott Squad get matches often. Plus if women's tag titles come, could fully see Riott Squad getting them.

First Seth and now Ruby. You are a real fucker you know that

Skairipa
08-12-2018, 08:27 AM

If women didn't go on a run i was taking Almas, who was also taken. I was left with no other choice.

smarkmouth
08-12-2018, 09:47 AM
I've now begun PMing players once I notice their draft window is open. Please consider adjusting your notification settings if you think you are in a position to readily receive them. Cheers!

Suggestion to all players; Adjust your email settings here on SCF to receive emails when you receive private messages, even if just for the duration of the draft. I will PM anyone who hasn't made their pick after the first 12 hours or so, so if you receive push notifications on your phone or whatever you should get an alert when I message you.

Just a suggestion, you are in no way obliged to do so.

(Under General Settings, bottom option in this image)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dj2Ek6XX0AAfBTo.jpg:small

Skairipa
08-12-2018, 02:52 PM

Hey uh, before I'm up to pick again, who you looking to take in the 3rd round? Not that I'm looking to take them or anything...

Yaz
08-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Hey uh, before I'm up to pick again, who you looking to take in the 3rd round? Not that I'm looking to take them or anything...

Leave me alone, you already have a woman taken.

A11
08-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Am i the only one looking at whats left and thinking ah fuck nothing is left?

ShinChan
08-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Am i the only one looking at whats left and thinking ah fuck nothing is left?
Same pinch bro.

A11
08-13-2018, 02:18 AM
Uhh shit not much left on SD, I'll take Big E.

^ 2nd time you've taken my dudes, not cool.

Anyway, I'll take Kofi Kingston

Yeah nah sweet i didnt have these two as my pick and back up in case the other got taken ffs

Yaz
08-13-2018, 03:00 AM
I'm kind of thinking taking my top two guys from SD was a mistake. I have no doubt that D Bry and Rusev will do well, but the SD card is pretty fluid. On Raw the guys at the top are gonna be on top for a while. Not much room to advance when Roman and company have reinforced the glass ceiling with fucking Mithril.

Fallout
08-13-2018, 03:18 AM
I'm kind of happy with my picks. Joe was always going to be my first pick, but I did have a bit of hesitation between him and Braun.

Ziggler and Carmella were picked mostly for rematch clause purposes. I don't think they'll completely plummet down the card even if they lose their titles.

smarkmouth
08-13-2018, 05:44 AM
Guess I gotta play my ace in the hole....well more like my queen in the hole.....my queen of spades in the hole.....I pick Shayna Baszler is what I am trying to say.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/thats-a-bold-move-cotton-gif-5.gif

Yaz
08-13-2018, 10:44 AM
http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/thats-a-bold-move-cotton-gif-5.gif

Someone had to grow some balls and make an NXT pick. My dream scenario is Ronda wins the title at SummerSlam, the next night Bazler comes out to congratulate her friend, before she locks on the rear naked choke and puts her out.

A boy can dream.

ShinChan
08-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Someone had to grow some balls and make an NXT pick. My dream scenario is Ronda wins the title at SummerSlam, the next night Bazler comes out to congratulate her friend, before she locks on the rear naked choke and puts her out.

A boy can dream.
Especially when there's a DREAM in NXT.

OYDK
08-13-2018, 12:02 PM
We're gonna have to wait 24 hours for A11 to pick aren't we...

#AbsoluteUnit
08-13-2018, 12:35 PM
^as usual, yes. He was online late last night or something.

Skairipa
08-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Anybody else not have a clue who to take in round 4?

Awesome_Miz
08-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Anybody else not have a clue who to take in round 4?

Me personally I have at least three people in mind depending on everything. But round 5 will be the one were everyone will be questioning who to get except for this Chick Magnet Punk ;) lol

#AbsoluteUnit
08-13-2018, 03:30 PM
im still getting hawkins guys.

Skairipa
08-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Someone should draft Neville, totally heard he's returning on Sunday and getting a massive push towards the WWE Championship.

A11
08-13-2018, 07:07 PM
We're gonna have to wait 24 hours for A11 to pick aren't we...

8 hours isnt bad is it? I mean the pick before me was made 1am my time

A11
08-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Also that natalya pick could be genius now or horrendous, she's either going to take time off or get a big push. I suspect big push

#AbsoluteUnit
08-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Are most of these guys here from the old WZ? I only remember Yaz, Fallout, Storm_Trooper, and Milenko from there.

A11
08-13-2018, 11:29 PM
i was there

OYDK
08-14-2018, 12:59 AM
8 hours isnt bad is it? I mean the pick before me was made 1am my time

Acceptable. Acceptable.

ShinChan
08-14-2018, 03:34 AM
Are most of these guys here from the old WZ? I only remember Yaz, Fallout, Storm_Trooper, and Milenko from there.

Me as well.

Storm Trooper
08-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Also that natalya pick could be genius now or horrendous, she's either going to take time off or get a big push. I suspect big push

I doubt she'll take off 3 months. Would I be surprised if she is not in Brooklyn, and not at TV the next week? Not at all, especially since it's conceivable that memorial services could be this weekend.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if she gets involved in the Rousey match.

I see 3 different scenarios for Nattie.

Ronda wins the title Sunday, and Nattie earns a #1 Contender shot for Evolution (Face/Face).
Ronda wins the title Sunday, Nattie turns on Ronda during the celebration, and becomes the #1 Contender for Evolution.
Nattie turns on Ronda in Brooklyn, costing her the championship, Later Nattie wins the belt and Ronda destroys her for it at Evolution.

As I said in my pick-post, I was actually going to pick her well before knowing her father died. After hearing about that it was an even easier pick. Not to be callous, but real-life sadness often-times leads to pushes.

ShinChan
08-14-2018, 07:43 AM
I doubt she'll take off 3 months. Would I be surprised if she is not in Brooklyn, and not at TV the next week? Not at all, especially since it's conceivable that memorial services could be this weekend.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if she gets involved in the Rousey match.

I see 3 different scenarios for Nattie.

Ronda wins the title Sunday, and Nattie earns a #1 Contender shot for Evolution (Face/Face).
Ronda wins the title Sunday, Nattie turns on Ronda during the celebration, and becomes the #1 Contender for Evolution.
Nattie turns on Ronda in Brooklyn, costing her the championship, Later Nattie wins the belt and Ronda destroys her for it at Evolution.

As I said in my pick-post, I was actually going to pick her well before knowing her father died. After hearing about that it was an even easier pick. Not to be callous, but real-life sadness often-times leads to pushes.
I just don't think that WWE will turn her anytime soon.

Storm Trooper
08-14-2018, 08:12 AM
I just don't think that WWE will turn her anytime soon.

Oh I doubt they'd do a turn now. 2 days ago yeah I'd have put money on them doing it. Still wouldn't be surprised if Nattie gets a big push, possibly even winning the title.

smarkmouth
08-14-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm surprised that New Day was the first tag team to be completely drafted. I see value in picking a tag team wrestler who's regularly on TV, but betting which member is in any given match is volatile at best.

Also, how damn funny would a Pool have been if we did it last year after WrestleMania through Summerslam? Jinder would have been lucky to have been drafted in the fifth round.

How old school are we talking? Because if it's less than many years, ouch bro. :D

ShinChan
08-14-2018, 10:39 AM
I'm surprised that New Day was the first tag team to be completely drafted. I see value in picking a tag team wrestler who's regularly on TV, but betting which member is in any given match is volatile at best.

Also, how damn funny would a Pool have been if we did it last year after WrestleMania through Summerslam? Jinder would have been lucky to have been drafted in the fifth round.

How old school are we talking? Because if it's less than many years, ouch bro. :D
And think about those who would have chosen Randy Orton and Nakamura.

OYDK
08-14-2018, 12:30 PM

I'm actually pretty angry with myself for my 3rd pick. I had second and third thoughts literally the minute after I drafted him. I can think of 3 or 4 guys off the top of my head who would have been better picks, all of whom are currently part of a tag team.

My thought process was that Wyatt would get some sort of mini-push after breaking off with Hardy after Summerslam. Now, I think it's much more likely he disappears until the next PPV. Ah well, hopefully my ineptitude pays off.

smarkmouth
08-14-2018, 12:47 PM
My thought process was that Wyatt would get some sort of mini-push after breaking off with Hardy after Summerslam. Now, I think it's much more likely he disappears until the next PPV. Ah well, hopefully my ineptitude pays off.

You may be in luck; https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1029206242688987136?s=19

OYDK
08-14-2018, 01:01 PM
You may be in luck; https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1029206242688987136?s=19

Yeah, I've seen the hints and read the rumors. I just hope they have a plan for Bray going forward. Though I doubt it.

ShinChan
08-14-2018, 10:48 PM

Buddy, Tye Dillinger is on Smackdown. Not Raw.

smarkmouth
08-15-2018, 05:15 AM
Sorry about that, fixed it up.

A11
08-15-2018, 05:19 AM
Not that I'm one to be in a position to complain about timely picks but itd be really handy if stormtrooper could get his pick in now so I can get mine in before I go to bed in 3 or 4 hours and not force the game to be held up

smarkmouth
08-15-2018, 05:34 AM
Not that I'm one to be in a position to complain about timely picks but itd be really handy if stormtrooper could get his pick in now so I can get mine in before I go to bed in 3 or 4 hours and not force the game to be held up

My dude, I appreciate the dilligence but I hope OYDK didn't get in your head. You are all afforded 24 hours and have the right to use them. But, you've given me an idea;

If you are concerned about missing your turn or want tp expedite the draft, feel free to PM me your next few draft picks. Send me a list of names in order of preference. Just make sure you send me the minimum amount of picks. So in A11's case, you would PM me two names, in case your first choice is drafted by Storm. If there were two people ahead of you, I'd ask you to send me three names.

This gives me a slight edge on anyone who does so's strategy, so be aware of that if you do in fact PM me.

This option is now available to anyone who's making their pick within the next three turns until the end of the game.

Storm Trooper
08-15-2018, 05:59 AM

Sorry for the delay due to my stupidity. I made my pick so you're up now.

smarkmouth
08-15-2018, 06:19 AM
Honest mistake. I had a feeling you'd go with Rowan!

A11
08-15-2018, 06:55 AM
To gamble on a specialty or nxt talent or not

Storm Trooper
08-15-2018, 08:02 AM
To gamble on a specialty or nxt talent or not

Your pick was good for a specialty pick. Cena's confirmed to wrestle at Super-Show-Down in Australia (I think against Kevin Owens), and he's wrestling a China Live event, so he may end up doing a mini-run soon.
Of course the problem is that you won't see him doing anything since he's invisible.

@smarkmouth, I'm under the assumption that Super Show-Down (which will air live on WWE Netowrk) will count, correct? At worst it'll be a Greatest Royal Rumble level event.

OYDK
08-15-2018, 09:48 AM
My dude, I appreciate the dilligence but I hope OYDK didn't get in your head.

@ A11; Yeah dude, I was honestly just fucking with you. Now I kind of feel like shit...

Pro tip: Never take me seriously. I'm rarely serious.

smarkmouth
08-15-2018, 10:01 AM
I figured you did, and hope A11 did too. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have name-dropped you like that.

https://em.wattpad.com/deb75eb5fd2f538aec527f0b74d9356b81fbb470/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f 776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f 7279496d6167652f7043376d6e38624e753167682d673d3d2d 3433383431383930322e313463666533373535303534633036 323431383137393138363737382e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

OYDK
08-15-2018, 10:17 AM
I figured you did, and hope A11 did too. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have name-dropped you like that.

https://em.wattpad.com/deb75eb5fd2f538aec527f0b74d9356b81fbb470/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f 776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f 7279496d6167652f7043376d6e38624e753167682d673d3d2d 3433383431383930322e313463666533373535303534633036 323431383137393138363737382e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/62/e4/2d62e4b819f6fb35e49dd883661b7465.gif

#AbsoluteUnit
08-15-2018, 05:00 PM
props to smarkmouth for running this.

smarkmouth
08-15-2018, 05:24 PM
My pleasure, pal. Luckily what I do for a living involves a lot of hovering over a mobile or my computer so I'm happy to do this.

A11
08-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Oh no I wasnâ??t taking it to heart. Even if I was/did it would still be a valid complaint.

smarkmouth
08-16-2018, 09:48 AM
The Fifth and Final Round of Drafting has begun! Are YOU meeting the Roster Requirements? (No recent updates, just your friendly reminder)
Every player will have a roster of Five Superstars. Your team must have at least two superstars from RAW and two superstars from Smackdown Live. Within those four, your roster must have at least one female superstar. You cannot have more than two female superstars. We are only drafting Individual Talents, so don’t show up in the Draft and try to claim “New Day” as one pick.

Your fifth superstar may be anyone from Raw or Smackdown, male or female, or from elsewhere in the WWE or elsewhere in the wrestling world. The talent pool includes select superstars who are not assigned to a specific brand such as John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker etc. The pool also includes NXT, NXT UK, the Cruiserweights, etc, but is not limited to the listed names, either. Are you expecting Cena back sometime soon? Do you want to gamble on a rumoured NXT call up? Think Kenny Omega is coming to WWE and heading straight to Smackdown? That’s your gamble, but keep in mind that points are only awarded in matches from the shows listed in the Goal & Scoring System section.

In the event of a superstar changing brands on television, the player who holds that superstar will have one week to resolve their roster and make sure that they meet the roster requirements. They can do so through trade with another player or with the Free Agent pool. Failure to do so will result in a 7-Point Penalty for every week that they don’t meet the roster requirements.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-16-2018, 03:09 PM
I don't know why I drafted Billie but I have no regrets.

Sooooo, anyone else hear about Meltzer ripping on Peyton last night?

smarkmouth
08-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Not that she doesn't deserve TV time, but I think this Meltzer situation makes Peyton, and by association Billie, good picks in this stage.

Twitter is pretty hilarious right now. Just about everyone in WWE is ripping into Meltzer, who in turn gave a weak apology

BestSportsEntertainer
08-16-2018, 04:04 PM
I don't know why I drafted Billie but I have no regrets.

Sooooo, anyone else hear about Meltzer ripping on Peyton last night?

It was a ridiculous thing to say, and frankly Meltzer has to know better. He's rightfully taking a lot of heat.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-16-2018, 04:15 PM
But if he were to be talking about NJPW women, he'd clearly clean up his act and act "professional". Def deserves 5+ stars.

A11
08-16-2018, 09:20 PM
What a turd meltzer is. Royce is easily one of the hottest women on the roster

smarkmouth
08-16-2018, 10:03 PM
I'm crashing for the night, so since I'm next I PM'd Yaz my draft pick. He has permission to announce it.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-17-2018, 06:04 PM
I never get PM's from you dude.

smarkmouth
08-17-2018, 06:07 PM
I never get PM's from you dude.

My dude, you have been so on the ball that you handle your turn before I notice it's your turn. Only messages Yaz because I didn't want there to be a queue waiting for me overnight.

But don't worry, something's on the way.9

#AbsoluteUnit
08-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Nah, you're good man.

Awesome_Miz
08-17-2018, 06:25 PM
And fyi @smarkmouth has also found out how to email us in case we fall behind. That's new! Lol

smarkmouth
08-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Too late, I Shatnered in your inbox.

smarkmouth
08-17-2018, 06:26 PM
And fyi @smarkmouth has also found out how to email us in case we fall behind. That's new! Lol

Depends on your individual settings.

Awesome_Miz
08-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Depends on your individual settings.

Didn't know that but at the same time idc at all.

ShinChan
08-18-2018, 02:26 AM
I always get his PMs.

smarkmouth
08-18-2018, 02:13 PM
A11's cutting it close. Another 9 count?

Storm Trooper, your turn otherwise starts at 7:29 PM EST.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-18-2018, 02:40 PM
do it

Stone Cold Tea
08-18-2018, 04:38 PM
Waiting for A11 to pick is like a 2003 HHH math.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-18-2018, 08:21 PM
Well the 24 hours is up so do we skip him?

If we do we should make it by Monday

smarkmouth
08-18-2018, 08:54 PM
We skip him. He'll make his fifth pick after Stone Cold Tea.

ShinChan
08-19-2018, 04:16 AM
So, wrestlingmaster55 is a moderator at WrestleZone Forums now? :eyeroll:

#AbsoluteUnit
08-19-2018, 10:22 AM
WZ is poison. Screw that site.

ShinChan
08-19-2018, 10:26 AM
WZ is poison. Screw that site.
It's just mind-boggling for me.

I have had awesome moments and memories there.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-19-2018, 10:44 AM
It's just mind-boggling for me.

I have had awesome moments and memories there.

Ehh, I preferred that spam sections most. The non-spam zones were full of elitists and people way over their heads.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-19-2018, 10:46 AM
So, wrestlingmaster55 is a moderator at WrestleZone Forums now? :eyeroll:
From what I gather Dave & Killjoy didn't make that choice.

Yaz
08-19-2018, 10:47 AM
This sure is some hot fantasy pool discussion.

ShinChan
08-19-2018, 10:49 AM
This sure is some hot fantasy pool discussion.
Sorry buddy. I couldn't think where else to say that. Never mind. Sorry.

smarkmouth
08-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Yeah, no harm no foul, but let's keep this room friendlier. This isn't the Bar Room.

ShinChan
08-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Yeah, no harm no foul, but let's keep this room friendlier. This isn't the Bar Room.
Sorry, buddy.

smarkmouth
08-19-2018, 12:24 PM
Once more, no worries. We all know now.

Stone Cold Tea
08-19-2018, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure if I made the right choice by picking Team B+. They've been on a good run but I've definitely hamstring myself with my last pick.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-19-2018, 12:46 PM
This starts tomorrow, no?

smarkmouth
08-19-2018, 12:54 PM
This starts tomorrow, no?

Yup! RAW will be the first scored show.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-19-2018, 12:58 PM
So if A11 doesn't pick by tonight, you should assign him someone.

smarkmouth
08-19-2018, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure if I made the right choice by picking Team B+. They've been on a good run but I've definitely hamstring myself with my last pick.

Over the last few picks, I was worried that the remaining Smackdown women would be blitzed and you wouldn't be able to meet the requirements.:D I was prepping to give you a weeks grace had that happened

smarkmouth
08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
So if A11 doesn't pick by tonight, you should assign him someone.
Perhaps I will, since he'll have to pick from the free agents anyway. If he doesn't pick by RAW I'll assign him someone at random so there's a chance he gets points. If he doesn't like the pick, the first trade window will open on Wednesday anyway.

Stone Cold Tea
08-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Over the last few picks, I was worried that the remaining Smackdown women would be blitzed and you wouldn't be able to meet the requirements.:D I was prepping to give you a weeks grace had that happened

Yeah it was a big risk but I figured there'd be a couple left. I was sweating it a bit regarding Ortons recent discrepancies coming to light but WWE don't seem too fussed.

A11
08-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Yeah sorry guys I ended up spending 7 hours at Ikea on saturday, then spent all day playing soccer yesterday so i'll get my pick in now

#AbsoluteUnit
08-19-2018, 04:26 PM
you're good. at least you showed up.

smarkmouth
08-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Gotta say that after SummerSlam, I think the best pick is the #2 overall, Braun Strowman.

Trade Negotiation Thread and Scoreboard launch tomorrow(well today but).

A11
08-20-2018, 04:49 AM
I'm just going to run on the hope that I can take a moral victory of having the universal champion at the end thats a win. Come on Vinny dont lose that hard on for roman now

smarkmouth
08-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Just want to say thanks to everyone for enduring the tedious draft process, which as a whole went damn well! A lot more enjoyable than I anticipated. Either way the inevitably long part of the thus is over!

Already announced for RAW: Dean Ambrose makes his in-ring return against former Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. That pits Fallout(Dolph) against Stone Cold Tea(Dean).

Game On!

Awesome_Miz
08-20-2018, 07:45 PM
And here I thought Curt Hawkins was going in the 1st round;):lol:

A11
08-20-2018, 09:45 PM
I've just looked back at my roster and fuck me it is trash when Cena isnt wrestling

Yaz
08-21-2018, 02:12 AM
Take a tag team and end up picking up two singles Ws. What a pleasant surprise.

smarkmouth
08-21-2018, 05:39 AM
Scoreboard updated after Raw. Please audit your scores to keep me honest, but I think it's accurate. I've even added a little scorecard at the bottom for points left on the table. A new post will be added to that thread at the beginning of every week to reflect updated rosters.

News regarding Trading in Private coming soon.

OYDK
08-21-2018, 09:40 AM
My Raw picks were nowhere to be seen last night. Well, that's good.

Stone Cold Tea
08-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Well the B Team were a dud last night. Wrong time to pick them I guess.

smarkmouth
08-21-2018, 10:11 AM
My Raw picks were nowhere to be seen last night. Well, that's good.

Oof, same. A few of us walked out of Raw with a big 0.

Well the B Team were a dud last night. Wrong time to pick them I guess.
Hey, 8 points is something. Beats them getting one tag loss.

Fallout
08-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Authors seem to have been a steal; there's a good chance they could be moving up the card once this Titus Worldwide feud finally ends.

Ziggler, ehh, I'm holding out some hope for him.

Yaz
08-21-2018, 10:55 AM
I feel fortunate to be tied for the lead after one show, considering all those points came from my 4th and 5th rounder. No flips, just fists (and points).

Fallout
08-21-2018, 11:05 AM
I think there's a good chance Revival and Authors could be facing one another, and the latter might be the ones to take the tag belts from the B Team.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Well last night was terrible for me.

Stone Cold Tea
08-21-2018, 02:00 PM
Oof, same. A few of us walked out of Raw with a big 0.

Hey, 8 points is something. Beats them getting one tag loss.

I forgot they got points for been champs. Happy days.

smarkmouth
08-21-2018, 02:40 PM
I forgot they got points for been champs. Happy days.
Not quite, you get 4 points for a singles loss, which you got twice as Axel and Bo had a singles match each.

smarkmouth
08-21-2018, 06:30 PM
As you can see, the Confirmed Trades thread is opened, but keep in mind the window opens at Midnight EST. (Yeah, I see you eyeing Brie Bella.)

smarkmouth
08-21-2018, 07:38 PM
I realize I may not have been clear about this; during a trade window, you may make moves that violate your roster requirements. But you must resolve any violations by the end of the trade window.

smarkmouth
08-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Scoreboard updated, audits invited.

OYDK
08-21-2018, 09:42 PM
😩😵😰

#AbsoluteUnit
08-21-2018, 10:20 PM
sweeet I got 7 points!

ShinChan
08-22-2018, 01:43 AM
Yay. I got a zero. :lmao:

A11
08-22-2018, 05:16 AM
People getting donuts has me feeling really good about myself considering that I only had three scorers and Cena's going to roll in soon and Anderson has a match next week

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 06:11 AM
Coming up with nil, I'm conflicted. Do I assume my roster gets matches next week (where the fuck was KO this week?!) or do I try to shake some things up. I'm also a little disappointed we didn't see any NXT call ups this week.

Am i the only one that would much prefer to trade in private

Already gotten a few interesting offers in my inbox.

ShinChan
08-22-2018, 08:20 AM
I have actually decided to not trade at all until the end. Even if it remains a zero.

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 09:39 AM
I'm going to start Liking posts in the confirmed trades thread to validate them instead of making individual posts for each transaction. Will be reflected in the Rules and in the trade thread later this afternoon

Storm Trooper
08-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Quick question. Will the Survivor Series matches have any different scoring (i.e. "bonus" points for getting a fall) and will all the members of the winning team get points or just the survivors? I know it's early but if I don't ask now knowing me I'll forget until it's too late.

And do Battle Royals have regular 10-4 scoring (10 for winner 4 for losers)?

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 11:15 AM
Please Discuss: October and Evolution

Storm Trooper just proposed a topic of discussion for the month of October that I think we should consider;

Buying my ticket for Evolution today made me think of an idea to be able to get our rosters to include the talent that'll be on the show. A 1 round Women's draft. After Super Show-down a 1-round draft is held to get an additional Female Superstar on the teams, who is only there from the Draft until Evolution, then is re-inserted into the free agent pool. Hell they can even only have them active for the PPV itself. Doing this would let everyone get a chance to add a superstar that'll be on the PPV card and that's it (like the NXT Women, NXTUK Women, MYC Women, Trish and the Legends, etc) without sacrificing the season long roster and while keeping with the 2-women on the roster rule intact.

I was considering lifting the 2 women restriction for the month of October, but I think adding a sixth spot for an additional womens talent for the month, as well as a mid season supplemental draft adds a bit of drama halfway through the game. So with the above proposal in mind, this is the proposed rules for what we'll call the "Evolution Draft"

-The Evolution Draft will begin September 17th. This will afford everyone 24 hours to make their pick and finish the draft by October 1st, so players will be able to bank points on the build up to the Evolution Draft. Players will only draft women superstars. Whoever you draft in this sixth spot will not be banking points until Raw on October 1st.
-Draft order will begin with Stone Cold Tea and move back up the list.
-You must drop one of your superstars back into the Free Agency (not necessarily this Sixth draft pick) during the trade window on from October 31st until November 3rd.

If you agree, throw this post a like. If not, please discuss

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Quick question. Will the Survivor Series matches have any different scoring (i.e. "bonus" points for getting a fall) and will all the members of the winning team get points or just the survivors? I know it's early but if I don't ask now knowing me I'll forget until it's too late.

Indeed. Survivor Series will have different scoring. As per the rulebook;

Survivor Series matches
Victory/Surviving Members â?? 14 points each
Victory/Eliminated Members â?? 10 points each
Losing Team â?? 6 points each

And do Battle Royals have regular 10-4 scoring (10 for winner 4 for losers)?

Wow, I failed to think of Battle Royals. Thank you for bringing that up. I'm going to score them as follows, but as this is a new rule it should be brought to the group.

Battle Royal of 10 Stars or Under
Win: 10 points
Loss: 4 points

Battle Royal of 11 Stars or Over
Win: 10 points
Final Four(Aside from Winner): 8
Loss: 4

If you agree with the Battle Royal Revision, throw this post a Like. If not, please discuss

Storm Trooper
08-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Please Discuss: October and Evolution

Storm Trooper just proposed a topic of discussion for the month of October that I think we should consider;

Buying my ticket for Evolution today made me think of an idea to be able to get our rosters to include the talent that'll be on the show. A 1 round Women's draft. After Super Show-down a 1-round draft is held to get an additional Female Superstar on the teams, who is only there from the Draft until Evolution, then is re-inserted into the free agent pool. Hell they can even only have them active for the PPV itself. Doing this would let everyone get a chance to add a superstar that'll be on the PPV card and that's it (like the NXT Women, NXTUK Women, MYC Women, Trish and the Legends, etc) without sacrificing the season long roster and while keeping with the 2-women on the roster rule intact.

I was considering lifting the 2 women restriction for the month of October, but I think adding a sixth spot for an additional womens talent for the month, as well as a mid season supplemental draft adds a bit of drama halfway through the game. So with the above proposal in mind, this is the proposed rules for what we'll call the "Evolution Draft"

-The Evolution Draft will begin September 17th. This will afford everyone 24 hours to make their pick and finish the draft by October 1st, so players will be able to bank points on the build up to the Evolution Draft. Players will only draft women superstars. Whoever you draft in this sixth spot will not be banking points until Raw on October 1st.
-Draft order will begin with Stone Cold Tea and move back up the list.
-You must drop one of your superstars back into the Free Agency (not necessarily this Sixth draft pick) during the trade window on from October 31st until November 3rd.

If you agree, throw this post a like. If not, please discuss

The one thing I think would be ideal is instead of just doing the same draft order, go last place to first place at the time of the draft. It gives the last place guy a chance to dig out of the hole prior to the Season Finale of Survivor Series.

ShinChan
08-22-2018, 11:27 AM
If I don't want to pick another, is it okay?

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Sure, you could opt to pass I suppose. I know you want to stick with your originals but I why wouldn't you grab a temporary 6th superstar?

#AbsoluteUnit
08-22-2018, 01:20 PM
I have 2 women already and you can count me out of said draft. Cool idea, I get it, but Evolution is/was the sole reason why I took Bayley and then Billie.

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 02:50 PM
I have 2 women already and you can count me out of said draft. Cool idea, I get it, but Evolution is/was the sole reason why I took Bayley and then Billie.
I should have mentioned in the bulet points, but part of this proposal includes the removal of maximum women during the Evolution supplemental.

Skairipa
08-22-2018, 02:53 PM
I'd be down for adding a 6th pick to add a 3rd woman for Evolution.

Yaz
08-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Stormy's idea of doing the Evolution draft in reverse order of the standings would be how I would do it. I'm not against the idea of doing a new random order as a one off, but I think giving the last place guy the first pick would be a good way to inject some life into them and create a competitive balance.

Also, with the scoring on battle royals, have you considered points for eliminations? It was something I was thinking about asking you closer to January when the Rumble rolled around, but giving, say two points for a solo elimination and a point for a group elimination would be interesting.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-22-2018, 03:31 PM
Better Idea: Let's just wait until October. It's not even September yet.

Stone Cold Tea
08-22-2018, 03:43 PM
I'm up for it. This is how you make stuff better, add stuff as you go along.

smarkmouth
08-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Also, with the scoring on battle royals, have you considered points for eliminations? It was something I was thinking about asking you closer to January when the Rumble rolled around, but giving, say two points for a solo elimination and a point for a group elimination would be interesting.

I definitely want to do something like this for the Rumble. My hesitance for doing so for a random battle royal for number one contendership to the tag titles or something is that eliminations aren't tracked as dilligently as with the Rumble. I imagine most eliminations for a TV battle royal will be lost in obscurity, while Rumble will be tracked quite readily on Wikipedia.

Also, no editing Wikipedia articles.

Better Idea: Let's just wait until October. It's not even September yet.

Indeed, but just a discusion at this stage. Better to get it out of the way early rather than try to make sure everyone's on board with days to spare.

smarkmouth
08-23-2018, 07:11 AM
Just a heads up that I will be out of town until Saturday. I may check in but for the most part I won't be around. All to say, don't panic if I don't validate your trades in short order.

A11
08-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Iâ??m sure Kbs reviews would summarise the eliminations for battle royals well enough and probably the rumble too.
Survivor series rules read like someone could get 4 eliminations then get eliminated by a sole survivor and would get the basic 6 for a loss (as this rule was made before the change to 4 I say itâ??s still the basic 6. I say you should get minimum 3 points bonus for every elimination you pick up and maybe lose 3 if you get eliminated(not sure if you should profit if you get one elimination and then get eliminated. Iâ??d say 5 but if someone managed to go sole survivor and pick up all the eliminations theyâ??d get a mammoth 39 points. Even 3 eliminations would be 29. So 5 might be too high

#AbsoluteUnit
08-25-2018, 07:56 AM
We're including house shows in this league as well?

smarkmouth
08-25-2018, 08:20 AM
We're including house shows in this league as well?
No. You can find the list of shows that are eligible for points in the Rulebook. Tracking house shows against a trade window would be a nightmare.

smarkmouth
08-25-2018, 10:25 AM
I’m sure Kbs reviews would summarise the eliminations for battle royals well enough and probably the rumble too.
Survivor series rules read like someone could get 4 eliminations then get eliminated by a sole survivor and would get the basic 6 for a loss (as this rule was made before the change to 4 I say it’s still the basic 6. I say you should get minimum 3 points bonus for every elimination you pick up and maybe lose 3 if you get eliminated(not sure if you should profit if you get one elimination and then get eliminated. I’d say 5 but if someone managed to go sole survivor and pick up all the eliminations they’d get a mammoth 39 points. Even 3 eliminations would be 29. So 5 might be too high

Indeed, that should be 4 points for a loss. Thank you for catching that. Otherwise I'll open up the conversation about the Survivor Series scoring system to the group, but I'd agree going above 3 points is too high. We won't be debiting points for being eliminated though. Points are only ever going to be deducted by player misconduct such as not meeting roster requirements.

As for Survivor Series, I propse;
2 points per elimination in a Survivor Series match-up, on top of the original scoring system;
Victory/Surviving Members – 14 points each
Victory/Eliminated Members – 10 points each
Losing Team – 4 points each

A hypothetical Sole Survivor who pins everyone on the opposing team earns 24 points.

Thoughts? Throw it a like if it's agreeable.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-25-2018, 10:37 AM
That's a lot of points.

smarkmouth
08-25-2018, 03:06 PM
That's a lot of points.
How about 1 point per elimination? Leads to 19 max points, but that's still pretty unlikely IMO.

2 points could lead to a very dramatic finish for the game.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-25-2018, 03:58 PM
No, I wasn't disagreeing with you.

smarkmouth
08-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Reminder that the first trade window closes at midnight EST tonight.

A11
08-26-2018, 05:52 AM
For me at least if someone goes through sole survivor and eliminates everyone it deserves a huge sum of points. It is an incredible achievement. We are basing this scoring somewhat on kayfabe and if somebody did an equivalent achievement in the nba, nfl, etc. their fantasy score for their relative sport would be ridiculous

ShinChan
08-26-2018, 09:15 AM
I have an urge to have a zero for a while. I don't know why I want it.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2018, 10:32 AM
POINTS LEFT ON THE TABLE:
Liv Morgan: 5
Sarah Logan: 5
Lana: 5
Curt Hawkins: 4
Titus O'Neil: 2
Apolo Crews: 2

^Umm, you have Apollo Crews.

smarkmouth
08-26-2018, 10:38 AM
^Umm, you have Apollo Crews.
I did not at the time. Swapped my Uso for him.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-27-2018, 05:02 PM
So, there are guys that have 205 Live and NXT wrestlers on their teams. But the only "eligible shows" are RAW and SmackDown right? How will they reclaim points if NXT and 205 live aren't eligible?

A11
08-27-2018, 05:59 PM
So, there are guys that have 205 Live and NXT wrestlers on their teams. But the only "eligible shows" are RAW and SmackDown right? How will they reclaim points if NXT and 205 live aren't eligible?

I dont understand what you are asking? Obviously people were gambling on the nxt talent being called up or they think the 205 live talent will get on PPV. I've done the same thing with Cena

#AbsoluteUnit
08-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Forget it.

OYDK
08-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Fucking eh my raw picks are a complete shitshow. DANA BROOKE EARNED POINTS THIS WEEK! Dana. Brooke. I quit.

A11
08-27-2018, 10:22 PM
two questions, did we end up approving the rule where the person who picks up the fall gets extra points in tag matches (judging by xavier woods points last week we did) and as reigns drew the disqualification surely he picks up the bonus points?

smarkmouth
08-28-2018, 05:42 AM
Fucking eh my raw picks are a complete shitshow. DANA BROOKE EARNED POINTS THIS WEEK! Dana. Brooke. I quit.

I'm just happy that my first round pick finally banked some pounts. Y'know. Before he quit.

two questions, did we end up approving the rule where the person who picks up the fall gets extra points in tag matches (judging by xavier woods points last week we did) and as reigns drew the disqualification surely he picks up the bonus points?

No, Kofi and Xavier won the tag titles. A championship win is 14 points, and in a tag title match those 14 points are divided evenly among the winners. Xavier and Kofi both scored 7. No bonus points, Braun and Roman are splitting DQ win points(assuming I understand the results correctly, haven't checked them yet)

I understood it pre-draft, but I thought Nikki and Tomasso would be dropped by now.

smarkmouth
08-28-2018, 05:46 AM
Just a reminder to everyone to audit their points from last week to keep me honest. A11's total was missing Jeff Hardy's points from last week.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Hey, you may want to move and close the Season 1 draft thread and sticky it. It's just a mess. Sorry.

smarkmouth
08-28-2018, 11:05 AM
Good call. Closed it, but no Sticky.

Stone Cold Tea
08-28-2018, 11:23 AM
B Team look likely to drop the titles soon but I'm hoping they pull out one more fluke win at a PPV. They'll probably drop em the next night on Raw.

smarkmouth
08-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Points and Scoreboard are updated. OYDK, I'm so sorry.

OYDK
08-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Points and Scoreboard are updated. OYDK, I'm so sorry.

Dude I'm actually split between whether to be embarrassed, or whether to just laugh at the horridness of it all.

I'm also interested to see just how long I can stay at 0. With this roster I actually think I can keep it going until HIAC.

OYDK
08-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Honestly though, call me crazy but I'm still optimistic. Once Nia, Bray and Shin (where the fuck is he anyway?) come back, I'll have a powerhouse squad. I just need them all back by mid-September. If not, yeah I'm fucked.

smarkmouth
08-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Honestly though, call me crazy but I'm still optimistic. Once Nia, Bray and Shin (where the fuck is he anyway?) come back, I'll have a powerhouse squad. I just need them all back by mid-September. If not, yeah I'm fucked.

I've fallen into the hysterics column myself once Primo and Epico got TV time before Asuka. But yeah, September could be the only shot at a turn around for us who are slumming in the bottom half.

ShinChan
08-28-2018, 10:20 PM
I would've liked a zero. :lmao:

Yaz
08-28-2018, 11:32 PM
As much as I enjoy New Day being champs, I'm low key hoping Rusev Day get the straps so I can just ride tag team victories to the crown.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-29-2018, 12:13 AM
LOL Billie Kay got me points again!!!! Best draft pick ever.

Yaz
08-29-2018, 12:19 AM
Legit question. Were Primo and Epico on the initial draft list?

#AbsoluteUnit
08-29-2018, 12:24 AM
I didn't even know they were still employed by the WWE.

A11
08-29-2018, 03:58 AM
Partly annoyed that I've still only got three wrestling but am in fifth i believe so cant really complain

smarkmouth
08-29-2018, 05:23 AM
Legit question. Were Primo and Epico on the initial draft list?

Yup. Found them on the WWE roster wikipedia page when I was building this.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-30-2018, 03:11 PM
So does the Free Agency pool have the same rules as the Trade window?

smarkmouth
08-30-2018, 09:03 PM
So does the Free Agency pool have the same rules as the Trade window?

It does. Make any trades with the free agency in the same window, and all trades with the pool are first come first served.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Yo Smark, could you make a list of Free Agents?

smarkmouth
09-02-2018, 02:52 AM
Yo Smark, could you make a list of Free Agents?

Check the confirmed trades thread, it's kept up to date in there.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-02-2018, 11:00 AM
FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 2nd - SEPTEMBER 8th
Eligible Shows: Raw (3) and Smackdown (24)

smark, smackdown should be the 4th.

smarkmouth
09-02-2018, 11:30 AM
smark, smackdown should be the 4th.

http://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/anigif_enhanced-19737-1400112478-17.gif

Stone Cold Tea
09-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Let's do this!

smarkmouth
09-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Let's do this!
https://i.imgur.com/K2Y9PFt.gif?noredirect

Seriously though, what now?

A11
09-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Smackdown being on a tuesday makes it a pain, you basically get everything out of the way and then you have the rest of the week to wait. Sure I could make trades but in saying that I dont want to give a way my big star and nobody wants to trade their star its all kinda dull. And I cant really be fucked wheeling and dealing small time players for a couple more points

Stone Cold Tea
09-03-2018, 08:39 AM
Smackdown being on a tuesday makes it a pain, you basically get everything out of the way and then you have the rest of the week to wait. Sure I could make trades but in saying that I dont want to give a way my big star and nobody wants to trade their star its all kinda dull. And I cant really be fucked wheeling and dealing small time players for a couple more points

Thing is your not dealing with just big time stars. A mid card guy could be more valuable than a main event guy.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Just looked at the Free Agents from RAW. It's not a good look at all. Keep your RAW guys.

Skairipa
09-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Just looked at the Free Agents from RAW. It's not a good look at all. Keep your RAW guys.

Not much left in the SD talent pool either, if only 205 Live counted we could have a lot more to choose from.