PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown LD - August 14, 2018

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 06:06 PM
I'm not expecting much tonight.

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 06:08 PM
You know, I think my head would explode if we went a full year without Divas vs. Women.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Carmella has the best legs .

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 06:19 PM
Carmella has the best legs .

I'm not sure on that one.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 06:35 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a champion in WWE wrestling jobbers

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-14-2018, 06:36 PM
I miss good ol squash matches like this to make the non no name look amazing.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-14-2018, 06:43 PM
I'd say the most vicious tag teams I've ever seen taking liberties on no names were Demolition and The Road Warriors.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 06:44 PM
Better feud than Punk vs Cena. Don't @ me

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Of all the wrestlers I thought should wear a singlet, Killain Dain was not at the top of the list

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 06:53 PM
With all these commercials, how do you get interested in the matches?

smarkmouth
08-14-2018, 06:56 PM
One day I'll be home to join the SD LD on time. One day.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Is Sanity officially jobbers?

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 07:00 PM
Interesting point - no tag team from NXT has had much success on the main roster since they started doing the Takeovers in 2014.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-14-2018, 07:03 PM
Best promo in a long time.

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
08-14-2018, 07:03 PM
God they botched this so bad. This is a story that should have been told over 6 months after Bryan makes a surprise return at Mania to answer a miz open challenge.

Instead they shove the entire story into one show.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Shit, that TakeOver Main Event. Can't miss that one.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 07:22 PM
If only WWE actually capitalized on Rusev Day

And Zelina Vega exposing Lana is worth $9.99

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 07:39 PM
I'd say the most vicious tag teams I've ever seen taking liberties on no names were Demolition and The Road Warriors.

British Bulldogs.

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 07:40 PM
God they botched this so bad. This is a story that should have been told over 6 months after Bryan makes a surprise return at Mania to answer a miz open challenge.

Again: why does any of this surprise you?

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 07:42 PM
These inset promos for other matches might be the most annoying things WWE has come up with in years.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 07:45 PM
Someone should lend Jeff a hand

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Abrupt ending

smarkmouth
08-14-2018, 08:17 PM

Again: why does any of this surprise you?

Y'all are joking, right? They've spread this story out since Bryan's return, and I very much doubt this is the last chapter. Don't equate the hype videos to the entirety of their storytelling efforts.

KB, did you not anticipate a rematch between them under championship circumstances at WrestleMania in your questions thread?

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Smackdown
Date: August 14, 2018
Location: Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, South Carolina
Commentators: Tom Phillips, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton

It’s the final show before Summerslam and there isn’t much to do this time around. Sunday is set up and unless they add one more match to the card, which is entirely possible around here, I wouldn’t get my hopes up on much happening tonight. Hopefully the promos are good enough to carry things. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Signed, Sealed And Delivered (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2018/08/14/smackdown-august-14-2018-signed-sealed-delivered/)

klunderbunker
08-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Y'all are joking, right? They've spread this story out since Bryan's return, and I very much doubt this is the last chapter. Don't equate the hype videos to the entirety of their storytelling efforts.

KB, did you not anticipate a rematch between them under championship circumstances at WrestleMania in your questions thread?

I did, assuming this isn't Bryan's last big match before his contract is up.

And they really haven't spread it out since Bryan's return.

smarkmouth
08-14-2018, 08:58 PM
-Yeah, I'll be shocked if Bryan doesn't resign. 2K just announced that he's the focus of showcase mode, which will no doubt be heavily promoted for the next few months.

-How so? Perhaps there could have been more direct interaction, but they've actively peppered solid teases wherever it made sense to do so since April. There's a handful of good examples in the Miz-Bryan feud tracking thread, and I wasn't even as dilligent as I could have been. And if there is indeed another 8 months left of the feud, then we're STILL possibly in a slow build stage of this feud.

I'm not trying to disprove you and 13th, I just don't see a heavy fault in this program. Easily the second best feud going into this weekend.

klunderbunker
08-15-2018, 12:40 AM
-Yeah, I'll be shocked if Bryan doesn't resign. 2K just announced that he's the focus of showcase mode, which will no doubt be heavily promoted for the next few months.

-How so? Perhaps there could have been more direct interaction, but they've actively peppered solid teases wherever it made sense to do so since April. There's a handful of good examples in the Miz-Bryan feud tracking thread, and I wasn't even as dilligent as I could have been. And if there is indeed another 8 months left of the feud, then we're STILL possibly in a slow build stage of this feud.

I'm not trying to disprove you and 13th, I just don't see a heavy fault in this program. Easily the second best feud going into this weekend.

They talked a bit early on, then nothing happened for months, then it's Summerslam time and they're feuding again. They could have teased it a lot harder.