PDA

View Full Version : KB Answers Non-Wrestling Questions

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 02:34 PM
If I can run two forums, I can have two threads.

Fallout
02-19-2018, 02:38 PM
What are your political views? I'm guessing you're generally liberal in the American sense of the word.

klunderbunker
02-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Yeah I'm mostly liberal (though I don't agree with everything the Democratic Party does). I actually used to work for the Kentucky Democratic Party and helped get the Governor re-elected.

Skairipa
02-20-2018, 01:41 PM
What are your favorite sports teams (if any) for baseball, football, basketball and hockey?

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Cleveland Indians
Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Pelicans (and Kentucky Wildcats)
Dallas Stars

Fallout
02-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Yeah I'm mostly liberal (though I don't agree with everything the Democratic Party does). I actually used to work for the Kentucky Democratic Party and helped get the Governor re-elected.

Cool stuff. I've actually got a rapport with the leader of the Welsh Liberal Democrats (third biggest party in Britain since UKIP collapsed after Brexit), and I've been trying to advocate for the party to contest the centre ground, as Labour moves further and further left, and the Conservatives are on the brink of civil war between the economic and cultural right.

What do you think of the Democrats right now? What do you think they need to do to win in 2020, outside of trying to look like the lesser evil?

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 03:08 PM
They need to worry about the midterms first. The day after those are over, then they can start presenting Presidential candidates. Worry about getting the House/Senate back first and putting a check on Trump. Then go from there.

To win in 2020, they need to do a lot more than just say "our candidate isn't Trump". They need to win the middle ground voters, and to do that they need to show why you would vote for their candidate, not why you should vote against Trump. Also, they need a rocking GOTV campaign (Get Out The Vote, basically meaning getting every voter you can find and making sure they get to the polls). That can win or lose you an election.

As of right now, they're badly wounded but seem to be pulling things together. That being said, they're also notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, which scares the heck out of me.

Fallout
02-20-2018, 03:20 PM
Completely agree. Look at the mid-terms, it's tricky to know where it will go. On the one hand, mid-terms almost always go in favour of the contesting party, and especially with a president as unpopular as Trump, people like to vote against the current establishment. On the other hand, the geography of the mid-terms is actually more favourable to the Republicans. I think the Dems will just about get their majority back.

I think Warren would be the best choice for the Democrats to run realistically. Bernie is still active, but I just don't get the impression he can quite handle the tidal wave of running for office, he makes Jimmy Carter look like Brock Lesnar. A corporate Democrat would be similar to 2012, maybe a little scare for Trump during the campaign, but he ultimately pulls through. And as for celebrities, I don't think it will happen; the Democrats being more efficient at corporate meddling actually ended screwing their chances, whereas Trump got through the Republican primaries. At most, Zuckerberg runs third-party, and if the Democrats run an establishment candidate, Zuckerberg makes history by winning a state like California, but won't get close to the presidency.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Bro, your UK Wildcats should've beaten Florida in football last year! I was cheering you guys on KB! What happened man?

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Bro, your UK Wildcats should've beaten Florida in football last year! I was cheering you guys on KB! What happened man?

We remembered we're Kentucky. We haven't beaten them since I believe 1987. It's a tradition.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Thoughts on UK's basketball season thus far? NCAA Tournament bound?

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 03:47 PM
Really, really not pleased but I can't stand Calipari. He's been quoted multiple times as saying his job is to get players into the NBA. As a UK fan, screw that. His job is to win NCAA Championships, not pad his resume with having X players in the pros. It also means we have all these freshmen every single year. I could tell you every player from the 1998 team down to the lowest players on the bench. I doubt I could give you three of this year's starting five.

We'll go to the tournament and need a miracle to make the second weekend.

Lee
02-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Cool stuff. I've actually got a rapport with the leader of the Welsh Liberal Democrats (third biggest party in Britain since UKIP collapsed after Brexit), and I've been trying to advocate for the party to contest the centre ground, as Labour moves further and further left, and the Conservatives are on the brink of civil war between the economic and cultural right.

What do you think of the Democrats right now? What do you think they need to do to win in 2020, outside of trying to look like the lesser evil?

SO you're telling me that you are persuading Jane Dodds to get the lib dems, who are fairly central, to move central?

Yaz
02-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Really, really not pleased but I can't stand Calipari. He's been quoted multiple times as saying his job is to get players into the NBA. As a UK fan, screw that. His job is to win NCAA Championships, not pad his resume with having X players in the pros. It also means we have all these freshmen every single year. I could tell you every player from the 1998 team down to the lowest players on the bench. I doubt I could give you three of this year's starting five.

We'll go to the tournament and need a miracle to make the second weekend.

After that bold part I can't in good faith make fun of you for being a UK fan for at least a solid week.

I've never thought him to be all that great of an actual coach. Certainly he isn't crap, he has had very good runs at UMASS and Memphis (well the wins that didn't get vacated anyway) but most of his success is built on his recruiting ability. Much better recruit than coach for my money.

Take Shaka Smart at Texas. I'm a fan of Texas collegiate teams, mostly for football but it feels weird to root for a college in one sport and then not another, but a lot of the fanbase was thrilled when he was hired because of the work he did with VCU. Thing is, Smart is sort of the anti Calipari. He works best getting the most talent out of lesser players, and fans were upset he didn't have instant success. Sure, being at UT is going to help him pull in better recruits and I think in two years he will find his footing and make Texas into a yearly tournament team, but if I had to pick the better Xs and Os coach, its Smart all day.

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Yeah I'm not a Calipari fan. I did like Smart though.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-21-2018, 08:02 PM
Do you and Sly still admin/mod at WZ?

klunderbunker
02-21-2018, 08:08 PM
I do. Sly's removal lead to the founding of this place.

HBK-aholic
02-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Will you quote notify me so I can see it? Thats a Non-Wrestling question right? ♥

Slyfox696
02-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Will you quote notify me so I can see it? Thats a Non-Wrestling question right? ♥
Just quote yourself.

klunderbunker
02-22-2018, 06:52 PM

Sure. But if you ask me to like every one of your posts like you do on Facebook, I'll be taking someone else to England in September.

HBK-aholic
02-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Just quote yourself.

See this is why you're admin.

Sure. But if you ask me to like every one of your posts like you do on Facebook, I'll be taking someone else to England in September.

LIKE ALL MY THINGS.❤

klunderbunker
02-22-2018, 06:58 PM
See this is why you're admin.

LIKE ALL MY THINGS.❤

I do like all your never mind.

Slyfox696
02-22-2018, 07:00 PM
See this is why you're admin.Indeed

klunderbunker
02-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Indeed

Done.

BoTheDMBFantomas
02-22-2018, 07:53 PM
IĆ¢??m super hyped to be here.

Do you read Barstool at all?

klunderbunker
02-22-2018, 07:58 PM
I’m super hyped to be here.

Do you read Barstool at all?

I have before but not often or regularly no.

Spidey
02-22-2018, 09:30 PM
You a soda man? Got a few choice beverages?

klunderbunker
02-22-2018, 11:49 PM
You a soda man? Got a few choice beverages?

I am.

Coke above all others
Sprite
Sierra Mist if it's a Pepsi place
And Ale-8, a local drink only sold in machines in Kentucky/maybe Tennessee (though available through mail nationwide and in all Cracker Barrels). It's a VERY caffinated ginger ale and one of the most delicious things you'll ever have on a hot day. People actually argue over how to drink them and the smart people drink it from the glass bottles.

FalKon
02-23-2018, 12:17 AM
What "soda" drink would be your top recommendation to someone who only drinks water (and alcohol)? I'm asking for a friend.

klunderbunker
02-23-2018, 12:57 AM
What "soda" drink would be your top recommendation to someone who only drinks water (and alcohol)? I'm asking for a friend.

Never had a drop of alcohol so I'm not the person to ask.

FalKon
02-23-2018, 01:50 AM
I wasn't asking about alcohol, I was asking about soft drinks or sodas. Sorry for my wording confusion.

klunderbunker
02-23-2018, 02:11 AM
Ah. I'm not quite sure what you're asking then. Just sodas I like?

Yaz
02-23-2018, 05:49 AM
I am.

Coke above all others
Sprite
Sierra Mist if it's a Pepsi place
And Ale-8, a local drink only sold in machines in Kentucky/maybe Tennessee (though available through mail nationwide and in all Cracker Barrels). It's a VERY caffinated ginger ale and one of the most delicious things you'll ever have on a hot day. People actually argue over how to drink them and the smart people drink it from the glass bottles.

Finally got around to trying an Ale-8 earlier this week. Not amazing, but I'd drink it again. Kind of a bit of a sharper Sprite or 7-UP. Had a glass bottle the first time from a gas station, then a plastic bottle from a Walmart a couple days ago. For the record, glass bottle had a crisper taste than plastic bottle.

HBK-aholic
02-23-2018, 05:52 AM
Finally got around to trying an Ale-8 earlier this week. Not amazing, but I'd drink it again. Kind of a bit of a sharper Sprite or 7-UP. Had a glass bottle the first time from a gas station, then a plastic bottle from a Walmart a couple days ago. For the record, glass bottle had a crisper taste than plastic bottle.

I figured Ale-8 was only enjoyed by people who grew up with it, because I really didn't like it.

Yaz
02-23-2018, 06:07 AM
I figured Ale-8 was only enjoyed by people who grew up with it, because I really didn't like it.

I think there is some truth in this. Regional food preferences and growing up eating/drinking something. My dad's side of the family grew up eating a lot of lower tier meat, especially leftover parts. He loves it because he grew up on it, my mom didn't grow up on it and hates it. Like, I enjoy pork rinds because of my dad, but my girlfriend had never had them before we met and found the concept gross.

Also, differences like how they drink tea on your end of the pond versus how we drink it here. Not a fan of either personally, but I know you've made mention of sweet tea being weird. My dad thinks unsweet tea is an abomination, refuses to drink it.

HBK-aholic
02-23-2018, 06:17 AM
I think there is some truth in this. Regional food preferences and growing up eating/drinking something. My dad's side of the family grew up eating a lot of lower tier meat, especially leftover parts. He loves it because he grew up on it, my mom didn't grow up on it and hates it. Like, I enjoy pork rinds because of my dad, but my girlfriend had never had them before we met and found the concept gross.

Also, differences like how they drink tea on your end of the pond versus how we drink it here. Not a fan of either personally, but I know you've made mention of sweet tea being weird. My dad thinks unsweet tea is an abomination, refuses to drink it.

Yeah this is true. I also struggle with what you guys try to pass off as chocolate, especially Hersheys which to me leaves an aftertaste of vomit, but KB loves it. Not because it's good (its really, really not) but because he grew up with it.

And tbf I also refuse to drink sweet tea. It tastes like I made a cup, accidentally poured sugar instead of milk and then forgot I'd made it for a week and THEN tried to drink it. Nope.

MF Doom
02-23-2018, 08:35 AM
How upset are you about Boogie getting injured?

klunderbunker
02-23-2018, 09:39 AM

I told you the glass was better. It's even mentioned in their ads.

How upset are you about Boogie getting injured?

Quite. They were really starting to click.

Yaz
02-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Oh, so remember our little chat about Calipari a couple days ago and when I mentioned he hasn't been busted at Kentucky yet?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22553502/fbi-probe-corruption-reveals-basketball-powers-broken-ncaa-rules

Spidey
02-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Had never heard of Ale-8. Sounds like something I'd give a try, being a lemon/lime soda from the sounds of it.

klunderbunker
02-23-2018, 02:53 PM
Oh, so remember our little chat about Calipari a couple days ago and when I mentioned he hasn't been busted at Kentucky yet?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22553502/fbi-probe-corruption-reveals-basketball-powers-broken-ncaa-rules

The word duh comes to mind.

Had never heard of Ale-8. Sounds like something I'd give a try, being a lemon/lime soda from the sounds of it.

Its not lemon lime. It's ginger ale.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-27-2018, 11:50 AM
You going to stay on WZ?

klunderbunker
02-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Yep. I've always said I'll leave there on my terms and no one elses. The plan is to wait until Hausman FINALLY realizes what's going on and asks me about it and I'll resign then. That should put me at a few years left.

Yer Maw
02-27-2018, 02:49 PM
What's your social security number?

klunderbunker
02-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Somewhere between 14 and 5147896547899218. I never can remember it.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-27-2018, 05:40 PM
Who is the most overrated actress in ShowBiz today?

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 12:45 AM
Meryl Streep. Like seriously, no one is THAT good.

Yaz
02-28-2018, 02:07 AM
Meryl Streep is.

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Meryl Streep is.

I'm not so sure on that.

Yaz
02-28-2018, 01:26 PM
I'm not so sure on that.

The Academy is sure of it.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Yep. I've always said I'll leave there on my terms and no one elses. The plan is to wait until Hausman FINALLY realizes what's going on and asks me about it and I'll resign then. That should put me at a few years left.

Sorry, who is Hausman?

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 02:17 PM
The Academy is sure of it.

The Academy also said Annie Hall is better than Star Wars and didn't give Rainbow Connection Best Song. Allow me to scoff at them.

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 02:18 PM
Sorry, who is Hausman?

WrestleZone main page writer who is officially over the Forums. He fired Sly, setting off the chain of events that set up this forum.

Fallout
02-28-2018, 02:22 PM
The Academy also said Annie Hall is better than Star Wars and didn't give Rainbow Connection Best Song. Allow me to scoff at them.

They gave Eddie Redmayne best actor.

Honestly, I think giving it to Joe Don Baker would have been less insulting.

Yaz
02-28-2018, 02:34 PM

Well it is a sin to disgrace the name of known pedophile Woody Allen, so what do you expect?

They also gave My Heart Will Go On Best Song over Miss Misery in '97. Fucking Titanic. So I feel ya.

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Well it is a sin to disgrace the name of known pedophile Woody Allen, so what do you expect?

They also gave My Heart Will Go On Best Song over Miss Misery in '97. Fucking Titanic. So I feel ya.

I saw Annie Hall and it's....eh. I laughed a few times but IT WAS AGAINST STAR FREAKING WARS!

Yaz
02-28-2018, 02:59 PM
I saw Annie Hall and it's....eh. I laughed a few times but IT WAS AGAINST STAR FREAKING WARS!

When Allen makes fun of himself, I enjoy him. The rest of his work is just sort of, look at this kind of awkward guy get a girl. If his body of work was a person, it would be Michael Cera.

Star Wars, as much as I disagree with Annie Hall getting the nod, didn't have the initial impact that it has now. I think most people would agree that Star Wars is a bigger deal and should have won, but in 1977 films like Annie Hall were going to win over films like Star Wars 10/10 times. Even today they would win the majority of the time, because Star Wars isn't Oscar bait. The only films I can think of to win Best Picture that weren't some combination of drama/musical/war/biographical/romance are Silence of the Lambs, Return of the King and Birdman. Even then, only LOTR (as a fantasy) and Birdman (as a dark comedy) really stand out. Its BS, but stuffy old white folk tend to dislike change.

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 03:05 PM
When Allen makes fun of himself, I enjoy him. The rest of his work is just sort of, look at this kind of awkward guy get a girl. If his body of work was a person, it would be Michael Cera.

Star Wars, as much as I disagree with Annie Hall getting the nod, didn't have the initial impact that it has now. I think most people would agree that Star Wars is a bigger deal and should have won, but in 1977 films like Annie Hall were going to win over films like Star Wars 10/10 times. Even today they would win the majority of the time, because Star Wars isn't Oscar bait. The only films I can think of to win Best Picture that weren't some combination of drama/musical/war/biographical/romance are Silence of the Lambs, Return of the King and Birdman. Even then, only LOTR (as a fantasy) and Birdman (as a dark comedy) really stand out. Its BS, but stuffy old white folk tend to dislike change.

Indeed. They also like stuff that isn't particularly funny a lot of the time. But why go with something new, innovative and instantly classic when you can go with safe?

#AbsoluteUnit
02-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Beatles or The Rolling Stones?

klunderbunker
02-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Stones.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-03-2018, 02:31 PM
What will the Eagles do with Nick Foles this off-season?

klunderbunker
03-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Keep him. There's no guarantee that Wentz will be ready for the start of the season.

SD619
03-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Do people seriously want Oprah to run for President?

klunderbunker
03-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Some of the nitwits do.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Who in your opinion, will be the #1 pick in next month's NFL Draft?

klunderbunker
03-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Now that the Browns have Taylor, Barkley.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Favorite 80's band?

klunderbunker
03-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Not big on the 80s. Bon Jovi maybe.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Not big on the 80s. Bon Jovi maybe.

I'm coming to your house for a fight.

klunderbunker
03-17-2018, 05:39 PM
I'm coming to your house for a fight.

To make it worse: I don't care for Rush.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-21-2018, 01:11 PM
What's happening to your baseball team all of a sudden?

klunderbunker
03-22-2018, 07:15 AM
What's happening to your baseball team all of a sudden?

Teams are finding out about us and picking the players off. The pitching can carry us a long way though.

Yer Maw
03-22-2018, 11:26 AM
What do you do for a living?

#AbsoluteUnit
03-22-2018, 05:04 PM
How much does your UK bros win by tonight?

klunderbunker
03-24-2018, 01:06 PM
What do you do for a living?

Write about wrestling.

How much does your UK bros win by tonight?

#AbsoluteUnit
03-31-2018, 03:19 PM
DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, or Karl-Anthony Towns?

klunderbunker
03-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Davis by a wide margin.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Figured you'd say that, not disagreeing with you. I do like Towns though. Biggest UK bust who got in the NBA? (Note, I'm not throwing shade on you, just wanted to know your opinion).

klunderbunker
03-31-2018, 07:31 PM
The Harrison Twins never did anything and should have. I don't really pay as much attention once they leave UK.

Spidey
04-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Spidey asks you how much more third person talk can you possibly stand?

klunderbunker
04-12-2018, 10:39 AM
About a third of the persons would be nice.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-12-2018, 07:54 PM
When did Lebron become the best player in the NBA?

Who was the best player before Lebron?

klunderbunker
05-12-2018, 08:22 PM
2004-5ish. Kobe, by far.

MF Doom
05-15-2018, 12:13 AM
u ever gonna produce a KB Junior?

klunderbunker
05-18-2018, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't bet on it though it's not out of the discussion several years from now.

smarkmouth
05-30-2018, 07:45 PM
What is the one "Like" that you've given?

klunderbunker
05-30-2018, 09:38 PM
An experiment to make sure the system was working.