PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

Storm Trooper
08-22-2018, 09:05 AM
So I just bought my ticket for Evolution.

Anyone else going to this HISTORIC MOMENT IN SPORT ENTERTAINMENT HISTORY that will be talked about for GENERATIONS?

I'm thinking of wearing an appropriate shirt for the occasion.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/391454273501-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

DNA 2.0
08-22-2018, 10:38 AM
What would be the ideal Women's Evolution Stable? I'm thinking:

Trish Stratus (Ric Flair)
Charlotte (Triple H)

but I can't figure out who would be the rookies. The actual good rookies in the division are old and I can't figure out a "prodigy" like Orton was.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-22-2018, 10:56 AM
^ Ronda Rousey? She is legit an actual rookie.

Storm Trooper
08-22-2018, 11:17 AM
What would be the ideal Women's Evolution Stable? I'm thinking:

Trish Stratus (Ric Flair)
Charlotte (Triple H)

but I can't figure out who would be the rookies. The actual good rookies in the division are old and I can't figure out a "prodigy" like Orton was.

The other 2 aren't that difficult if you think outside the box.

Remember Batista was old when he started, so you're looking for an older rookie that's intimidating. Last I checked an older rookie just "broke" Stephanie McMahon's arm on Monday after winning the title.

And Toni Storm is 23. She fits the Orton mold quite well.

So if you're doing a Female Evolution stable, Trish, Charlotte, Ronda Rousey, and Toni Storm is pretty damn good. Or you can substitute Nia Jax for Rousey if you don't want to overshadow Charlotte.

Jack-Hammer
08-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Evolution could be a legitimately great show. As I said in a thread at WZ, if WWE takes it seriously and doesn't lay it out as though it's some variety show, then it has real potential. The Raw & SmackDown Women's Championships will be defended, as will the NXT Women's and NXT UK Women's Championships. Even if the matches turn out to be relative throwaways, they might still be a whole lot of fun to watch.

Also, keep Stephanie's appearance to a minimum. You know she's going to be there, you know she's going to try to say something magnanimous and inspirational, but she's just not really able to pull that kind of stuff off. She's like her father when it comes to that stuff; you need someone that can project humility in a believable way and neither she or Vince have a humble bone in their bodies.

I agree with Stratus, Flair, Rousey & Storm as a potentially great stable. I don't know that we'll be seeing Storm on the main roster anytime soon. I've avoided any sort of spoilers for the MYC but she's my pick to go all the way and there's a strong chance that she becomes the NXT UK Women's Champion during the 2nd set of NXT UK tapings this weekend. I think Bianca Bel Air could fit in well; she's only been wrestling for about a year, year and a half, but, like the Velveteen Dream, she already looks like a star.

ShinChan
08-23-2018, 12:24 PM
I read somewhere that Ronda Rousey Vs. Nikki Bella may main event Evolution because WWE thinks that they are the biggest female stars.

If it's true, I don't know what to say or feel.

Spidey
08-23-2018, 12:27 PM
If they're saving Charlotte for Wrestlemania, I can see that argument.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-23-2018, 01:20 PM
I have nothing to complain about until the show is over.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-23-2018, 01:29 PM
I read somewhere that Ronda Rousey Vs. Nikki Bella may main event Evolution because WWE thinks that they are the biggest female stars.

If it's true, I don't know what to say or feel.

Honestly Nikki just might be the third biggest star behind Rousey and Charlotte.

However I think that speaks more to how badly WWE has misused Asuka, Sasha, Becky, and Bayley.

Skairipa
08-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Under no circumstances should Nikki Bella even be anywhere near a big match on this card, nevermind facing Ronda Rousey. But of course a historic first time ever thing for the women and they have to make The Bellas a big part of it, just like they did with the Rumble.

What a slap in the face to the rest of the RAW women's division if they get passed over for a match with Ronda here by Nikki freaking Bella.

OYDK
08-23-2018, 03:02 PM
End of the day Nikki Bella is a star, and the WWE is going to use her power for all it's worth. Outside of Ronda Rousey and her sister, there is no woman currently in WWE that even comes close to matching Nikki Bella's starpower outside of wrestling. She's not A-list obviously, but she's head and shoulders above everybody else by far. The Bella youtube channel has almost 2,000,000 subscribers. Nikki Bella is the 6th most followed wrestler on social media with 11 million followers behind (not including The Rock) only John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Shawn Michaels. The next closest woman to Nikki (other than Brie) is Stephanie with something like 6 mil. She stars in a legit reality show that is now on it's what, 7th season (?) even earning her own spinoff.

Nikki Bella is understandably hated by purist wrestling fans, but WWE would be crazy not to use The Bellas at Evolution considering the influence they have on the young female demographic, many of whom wouldn't normally follow wrestling. As people love to say, WWE is a business. Featuring Nikki Bella in a high-profile match at an all-women's PPV is good business no matter how much it might disgust some people.

Smally
08-28-2018, 01:46 PM
If the Bellas make WWE a truck load of money, which they seemingly do, then one of, if not both, of them will get places on the card