PDA

View Full Version : NCAA & NFL Football 2018-2019 Thread

jmt225
09-02-2018, 03:51 AM
I have no comment regarding the controversy surrounding Ohio State and Michigan State since I haven't bothered reading much up on it. I'm only going to comment on the games themselves.

West Virginia is my pick to win it all this year and while defeating Tennessee in 2018 isn't something to brag about, I still feel like my expectations were met with the Mountaineers performance today. I LOVE their team and truly believe they can be very special.

Ohio State's defense looked awful today. Yes, putting up over 70 against a well known school is impressive, but the Pac 12 isn't known to have good defenses. I don't see this year's Buckeyes making it to the playoffs with defensive play like that.

Auburn's defense on the other hand looked stellar. Was very, very impressed with those guys. Washington is legit in their ranking and Auburn dominated most of that football game. I don't think they have the offensive weapons to win it all this year, but Auburn could ruin some things for other teams along the way.

All I'll say about Alabama is that they need to park Hurtz on the bench and let Tua take over. I get Saban wanting to be nice, but it will cost them big in the end if they don't fully commit to Tua as being their starting QB. That kid is tremendous.

Michigan vs. Notre Dame... I was watching All In so I unfortunately had to sacrifice watching this game. According to Twitter, Harbaugh is on the hot seat despite it being the players who let him down from the sounds of it. A dropped TD and missed chip shot FG... I mean, it's hard to blame the coach for that, but I didn't see the rest of the game so I don't know if it was poorly coached or not. That said, it had to be devastating for Michigan fans to start their season like that, but glorious for Notre Dame despite from all indications that this was a pretty ugly match-up. I'm rooting for the Fighting Irish to have a good year though.

I also didn't see any of the Texas game but wow, what a disappointment that had to be for Longhorns fans. Couldn't believe they lost to this Maryland team that's going through so much turmoil. I thought this could have been the year where Texas became contenders again... guess not.

And LSU vs. Miami today... go Tigers! :o I don't expect much from LSU this season but a win today would be nice. Hopefully they get it done.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Tua is incredible.

the Pac 12 isn't known to have good defenses.

^ You are mistaking the Pac-12 for the Big 12.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Not sure how anything could cost Alabama when the committee is so far up their ass that they could go 0-12 and still make the playoff.

Yaz
09-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Alabama also consistently has one of the most cupcake schedules any powerhouse team has ever had. They have the least away games against other power conference teams by far. I think only once since Saban got there have then played an away game north of the Mason Dixon Line. A few years back they had a home and home series against Michigan State, when MSU was kinda meh. Well they played at Bama and MSU did way better than expected so Bama paid to cancel the game at MSU. They constantly schedule "neutral" site games but the games are always either in SEC territory (Atlanta or New Orleans) or in Dallas. Alabama is consistently good, but there are a lot of holes to be poked in their armor if you want.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-03-2018, 12:57 AM
A few years back they had a home and home series against Michigan State, when MSU was kinda meh. Well they played at Bama and MSU did way better than expected so Bama paid to cancel the game at MSU.

Alabama has played Michigan State twice under Nick Saban. They've won by a combined score of 87-7. So maybe you're thinking of another team?

Yaz
09-03-2018, 02:12 AM
Alabama has played Michigan State twice under Nick Saban. They've won by a combined score of 87-7. So maybe you're thinking of another team?

No, it was Bama. They fucked up MSU's schedule by doing it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/26/alabama-michigan-state-football-series-off/2877807/

BestSportsEntertainer
09-03-2018, 02:30 AM
No, it was Bama. They fucked up MSU's schedule by doing it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/26/alabama-michigan-state-football-series-off/2877807/

Alabama did cancel the 2016-17 home-and-home series against Michigan State but not because the Spartans did better than expected in a game in Tuscaloosa.

Should Alabama play more out of conference road games? Probably. However it isn't nearly as big of a deal as you're claiming. Look at the neutral site season openers Alabama has played in the last few years.

2012 - Michigan - 41-14 - Win

2013 - Virginia Tech - 35-10 - Win

2014 - West Virginia - 33-23 - Win

2015 - Wisconsin - 35-17 - Win

2016 - USC - 52-6 - Win

2017 - Florida State - 24-7 - Win

2018 - Louisville - 51-14 - Win

Besides maybe West Virginia, would it have really mattered if Alabama was playing on the road?

Slyfox696
09-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Great win for my Fighting Irish Saturday. They completely overwhelmed Michigan in the first half and then clamped down on them in the second. The Irish defense was incredible as of the 17 points the Irish surrendered, 10 of them were the fault of the special teams (poor punt leading to great field position turned into a FG and a kickoff return for TD). I think going undefeated with as brutal of a schedule as they have is unlikely, but, barring unforeseen circumstances, they should definitely be a 9 win or better team (and being in the playoff hunt would not at all be unexpected).

#AbsoluteUnit
09-03-2018, 10:34 AM
It's early obviously, but going through the games all weekend and there was a bunch of field goal attempts that missed the uprights. A bunch of them were shanked not even close to the field goal.

jmt225
09-07-2018, 04:14 AM
So all three TDs scored in last night's game were by 2 players both starting on one of my fantasy teams.

That plus the Falcons losing in heartbreaking fashion... I couldn't have asked for a better NFL opening night! :) :) :)

Slyfox696
09-07-2018, 09:29 AM
I honest to God forgot the NFL started last night. I care way more about NCAA than the NFL.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-08-2018, 08:36 PM
That was a horrible call in the Clemson vs Texas A&M game. The ball was clearly out of bounds.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-08-2018, 09:27 PM
KB must be happy that Kentucky finally defeated Florida. The Wildcats took care of business and got the job done.

klunderbunker
09-08-2018, 10:23 PM
KB must be happy that Kentucky finally defeated Florida. The Wildcats took care of business and got the job done.

I'm.....not all the way back yet.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-09-2018, 06:41 AM
Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky, and Duke all won yesterday. Funny thing is it's not basketball season yet.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Lol at Nebraska and Florida State.

Slyfox696
09-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Lol at Nebraska and Florida State.Anytime Florida State loses, I'm happy. The fact they got pounded by Syracuse makes it even better (though, in fairness, Syracuse should be decent this year).

Also, Notre Dame is now 3-0. Assuming they take care of Wake Forest next week (which they should, but Wake always seems to give us fits), it should set up a hell of a showdown with Stanford.

Yaz
09-16-2018, 12:56 AM
Plenty of surprising results. LSU, who had been an SEC afterthought the last decade or so, look legit. Texas spanked USC (much to my happy surprise). BYU edged out Wisconsin, who were thought to be Ohio State's biggest Big 10 nemesis this year.

jmt225
09-16-2018, 04:42 AM
I'm not fan of winning due to PI calls, but a win is a win nonetheless. Good for LSU and Coach O. I hope they can keep up this momentum, although I still think they're far off from ever defeating Alabama this year. Georgia, too. Mississippi State will also be tough.

The SEC is the best this year then it's been for a long while imo.

Storm Trooper
09-16-2018, 05:47 AM
Anytime Florida State loses, I'm happy. The fact they got pounded by Syracuse makes it even better (though, in fairness, Syracuse should be decent this year).

Also, Notre Dame is now 3-0. Assuming they take care of Wake Forest next week (which they should, but Wake always seems to give us fits), it should set up a hell of a showdown with Stanford.

I'm sleeping every week Notre Dame plays (the joys of working overnight....) and record every game. I wake up, see the score alert on my phone, and am immediately dejected by seeing how they barely held on to defeat Balls State and then Vanderbilt, and I can't bring myself to watch. This team is underperforming. It's good their winning so they won't plummet in the rankings, but still, how do you not blow out Balls State? And what the hell is a Ball State? There's no state called Ball.

Slyfox696
09-16-2018, 05:54 PM
Plenty of surprising results. LSU, who had been an SEC afterthought the last decade or so, look legit. Texas spanked USC (much to my happy surprise). BYU edged out Wisconsin, who were thought to be Ohio State's biggest Big 10 nemesis this year.I'm not sure what to think of a LSU team that doesn't run the ball 3 times in a row and then punt every single possession. They were somewhat fun to watch against Auburn.

I'm not fan of winning due to PI calls, but a win is a win nonetheless. Good for LSU and Coach O. I hope they can keep up this momentum, although I still think they're far off from ever defeating Alabama this year. Georgia, too. Mississippi State will also be tough.

The SEC is the best this year then it's been for a long while imo.PI is PI and it was clearly a foul on Auburn. And yeah, I don't see LSU being a consistent challenger to Georgia or Alabama as long as Orgeron is there.

I'm sleeping every week Notre Dame plays (the joys of working overnight....) and record every game. I wake up, see the score alert on my phone, and am immediately dejected by seeing how they barely held on to defeat Balls State and then Vanderbilt, and I can't bring myself to watch. This team is underperforming. It's good their winning so they won't plummet in the rankings, but still, how do you not blow out Balls State? And what the hell is a Ball State? There's no state called Ball.Ball State actually played pretty well against Notre Dame. Not sure if it was a scheme issue or what, but they looked good. They didn't look as good yesterday, but that could have been a letdown.

Notre Dame has done the same thing in all three games. They get off to a fast start, move the ball really well on offense and then hold on the rest of the game for the win. I'm not sure if they just get more conservative in their play calling or if they let down a little or what, but I wouldn't mind seeing them put their foot on an opponent's throat soon. Because I seriously doubt they will get off to a fast start against Stanford.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-22-2018, 05:54 PM
I hate Ohio State. LOL at Virginia Tech and Nebraska. Nebraska's worst season to start since 1945. That was when Tom Osbourne was in 2nd grade.

Slyfox696
09-23-2018, 09:42 AM
I hate Ohio State. LOL at Virginia Tech and Nebraska. Nebraska's worst season to start since 1945. That was when Tom Osbourne was in 2nd grade.Wow, Tom Osborne is old...

Another good win yesterday for Notre Dame, finally putting up some serious points. Also, Missouri played right with Georgia and if not for a fumble return TD, a blocked punt TD and an interception by Georgia to Missouri's 4 yard line, Missouri was every bit as good as Georgia. In other words, except for the self-inflicted wounds, Missouri played with Georgia.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Wow, Tom Osborne is old...

Another good win yesterday for Notre Dame, finally putting up some serious points. Also, Missouri played right with Georgia and if not for a fumble return TD, a blocked punt TD and an interception by Georgia to Missouri's 4 yard line, Missouri was every bit as good as Georgia. In other words, except for the self-inflicted wounds, Missouri played with Georgia.

Ian Book played well last week against Wake Forest. As for Mizzou, they put up a good fight. No shame in losing to Georgia. Stanford vs Your Irish should be great.

Yaz
09-24-2018, 04:19 PM
It's been a while since UT had me this excited. I think the last time may have been, well this.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6dd2351e2023c11f9c69e086e8e15394/tenor.gif?itemid=9804328

#AbsoluteUnit
09-24-2018, 06:03 PM
TRIGGERED @ YAZ

#AbsoluteUnit
09-29-2018, 09:54 PM
I HATE OHIO STATE.

At least our mod's teams won today (Sly's Notre Dame, and KB's Kentucky)

And my Wolverine's barely got by today.

Slyfox696
09-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Notre Dame looked REALLY good yesterday. Aside from the long Bryce Love run, the Notre Dame defense was very good and the offense put up 38 points on a defense that is traditionally very tough. I am worried about next Saturday though. On the road at Virginia Tech is always a tough game, and after a big and emotional win against a good coach and good team, it is the very clear "trap" game. So we'll see. But I'm liking the way Notre Dame looks with Book at QB.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-30-2018, 06:27 PM
I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the Irish but they do know how to schedule quality opponents.

Slyfox696
10-08-2018, 06:49 AM
I was worried about Virginia Tech and the first half suggested I was right to worry. However, in the second half, the Irish put it to the Hokies and came away with a good win. They should be favored in the rest of their games this year. It wouldn't surprise me for them to slip up, but it'd be nice to see them run the table.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-08-2018, 02:11 PM
How did Virginia Tech lose to Old Dominion?

#AbsoluteUnit
10-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Well my Sooners played a great 4th quarter, only losing by 3, while being down 45-24 at one point late in the game. My other team, Michigan, played a full 60 minutes very well. They have a tough test this week as Wisconsin comes to Ann Arbor this Saturday.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-19-2018, 01:06 AM
I don't get to watch the NFL much, but I caught a shot of Thursday's game between Arizona and Denver. Wow, Arizona is bad.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-10-2018, 12:55 PM
I hate Ohio State.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-11-2018, 03:42 PM
As an Alabama fan, Kyler Murray should win the Heisman

#AbsoluteUnit
11-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Agreed. Nothing against Tua but I think Murray has it this year. Tua will win the National Championship, so he won't leave this season without any hardware.

Slyfox696
11-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Another great weekend for the Irish. Big test against Syracuse next week. Two more wins and Notre Dame should be playoff bound.

sanaeerumey
11-16-2018, 04:55 AM
Alabama did cancel the 2016-17 home-and-home series against Michigan State but not because the Spartans did better than expected in a game in Tuscaloosa.

Should Alabama play more out of conference road games? Probably. However it isn't nearly as big of a deal as you're claiming. Look at the neutral site season openers Alabama has played in the last few years.

2012 - Michigan - 41-14 - Win

2013 - Virginia Tech - 35-10 - Win

2014 - West Virginia - 33-23 - Win

2015 - Wisconsin - 35-17 - Win

2016 - USC - 52-6 - Win

2017 - Florida State - 24-7 - Win

2018 - Louisville - 51-14 - Win

Besides maybe West Virginia, would it have really mattered if Alabama was playing on the road? How to take phenq (https://phenq-reviews.com/)

how can you describe the effect of wasting things :(

Sully
11-20-2018, 05:25 AM
Crazy MNF game last night. Would be cool to see this rematch in the Super Bowl, but I see one of those teams being one of the powerhouses that dominates the regular season only to go one and done in the playoffs.

Rooting for Sean McVay and the Rams though to make it there.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-22-2018, 08:06 PM
I find the NFC East to be completely average. None of the 4 teams have impressed me all year thus far.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-23-2018, 10:07 PM
Boomer Sooner.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Lol Michigan. Just lol. You had your one chance to beat Ohio State, and you failed miserably.

Slyfox696
11-24-2018, 07:59 PM
As bad as Notre Dame played in the first half, we may be joining Michigan on the way out of the playoff. Completely uninspired first half.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-24-2018, 09:26 PM
As bad as Notre Dame played in the first half, we may be joining Michigan on the way out of the playoff. Completely uninspired first half.

You're good Sly. My Wolverines got out manned, out played the entire game today vs Ohio State. My only hope going forward is my Oklahoma Sooners. Give the Sooners a slightly decent defense, and they'd be National Champions every year.

Storm Trooper
11-25-2018, 06:18 AM

Ye of little faith. Still got the W. Sure we didn't cover, but a W is a W (unless you picked ND to cover and were giving 10.5 points like me).

Playoffs here we come. WE WANT BAMA (ok not really but we'll end up being the 4 seed and play Bama in round 1 so won't have a choice in the matter).

Big Nick Dudley
11-25-2018, 07:13 AM
People are going crazy over Harbaugh and his 1947 offense. They put up 39 points. The world-beater defense gave up 62. This was on the defense, not the offense.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-25-2018, 10:39 AM
And LSU had zero reasons to lose to Texas A&M, let alone in 7 OT's.

Slyfox696
11-25-2018, 04:47 PM
You're good Sly. My Wolverines got out manned, out played the entire game today vs Ohio State. My only hope going forward is my Oklahoma Sooners. Give the Sooners a slightly decent defense, and they'd be National Champions every year.
Yeah, Michigan is done. I always thought they were a little overrated, but I did not expect them to get blown out yesterday.

Ye of little faith. Still got the W. Sure we didn't cover, but a W is a W (unless you picked ND to cover and were giving 10.5 points like me).It was our defensive strategy to start which killed us. We played so incredibly soft in the first half. Once we started competing against their WRs, we dominated them. In fact, it was only at the end when we played soft coverage again they scored at the end of the game. Hopefully we learned something.

Playoffs here we come. WE WANT BAMA (ok not really but we'll end up being the 4 seed and play Bama in round 1 so won't have a choice in the matter).There is no way we should be any lower than 3. We're undefeated and have beaten numerous teams ranked in the Top 25 at some point this season (Michigan, Stanford, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Northwestern, Syracuse). If we get jumped by a one loss team, it will be absurd.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have faith the committee will do the right thing. Just that it would be absurd.

Oh, also, I don't think anyone wants Bama this yera. I have LONG been the person railing against how the media claims the SEC is better than it really is, but even I don't think anyone can touch Bama this year.

Slyfox696
11-25-2018, 04:50 PM
People are going crazy over Harbaugh and his 1947 offense. They put up 39 points. The world-beater defense gave up 62. This was on the defense, not the offense.
The thing is, these things happen sometime. Sometimes, especially in a rivalry game, a good team lays an egg. It happens.

And to everyone who wants to get rid of Harbaugh, I just want to remind them Michigan was two games (and probably, really, just Ohio State) away from the playoff. Anyone think they'd be this close when Brady Hoke got fired? Michigan fans need to be patient and realistic. And I say that as a guy who pushed back against Notre Dame fans who wanted Brian Kelly fired two years ago.

Storm Trooper
11-26-2018, 02:03 AM
There is no way we should be any lower than 3. We're undefeated and have beaten numerous teams ranked in the Top 25 at some point this season (Michigan, Stanford, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Northwestern, Syracuse). If we get jumped by a one loss team, it will be absurd.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have faith the committee will do the right thing. Just that it would be absurd.
It is absurd if a 1-loss team jumps us. But there are scenarios where it will happen.

1. If Georgia beats Bama, I wouldn't be surprised if Bama goes to 3 and Georgia goes to 1. I have a feeling Bama is in regardless of next week. If we're lucky in that scenario, Georgia goes to 2 and Bama to 4 (they won't have the 2 of them play in the Semifinals). MAYBE Bama falls to 4 and Georgia only goes to 2, but everyone loves the SEC so they'll get the #1 Seed.

2. If Georgia loses, then I could see OU move up with a dominant win. If they dominate the only team to beat them this season (a ranked Texas Team) then they may make a big move.

OSU shouldn't be in the game at all. Losing to Purdue should be a deal-breaker, and I don't know if the CFP Committee wants Urban Meyer and his scandal anywhere near the playoff this year.

Of course we all know the 4 teams in this playoff should be Bama, Clemson, ND, and UCF. But UCF doesn't get a chance because they don't pay people enough money.

Oh, also, I don't think anyone wants Bama this yera. I have LONG been the person railing against how the media claims the SEC is better than it really is, but even I don't think anyone can touch Bama this year.

Obviously I'd gladly leave that rematch for the National Championship game. Since I expect that matchup first, I'd rather get pumped up about it then get all depressed. Not to mention I want to avenge the BCS game from January 2013.

On another note, I would love to see any of those teams play the Semi-final up north. Put these SEC teams in the cold lets see how they deal when they don't have perfect weather.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-26-2018, 04:50 AM
I think no matter the results next Saturday, ND is in the CFP.

Slyfox696
11-26-2018, 10:31 AM
It is absurd if a 1-loss team jumps us. But there are scenarios where it will happen.

1. If Georgia beats Bama, I wouldn't be surprised if Bama goes to 3 and Georgia goes to 1. I have a feeling Bama is in regardless of next week. If we're lucky in that scenario, Georgia goes to 2 and Bama to 4 (they won't have the 2 of them play in the Semifinals). MAYBE Bama falls to 4 and Georgia only goes to 2, but everyone loves the SEC so they'll get the #1 Seed.Not arguing with you, just those who would present this argument.

That would be ridiculous for Georgia to jump to #1 ahead of Clemson (and Notre Dame, for that matter). Also, if Bama loses and Oklahoma, UCF and Ohio State all win, there is ZERO reason to include Bama (since, apparently, conference championships are supposed to matter or something).

2. If Georgia loses, then I could see OU move up with a dominant win. If they dominate the only team to beat them this season (a ranked Texas Team) then they may make a big move.Agreed and they'd be my fourth team in that scenario, but they shouldn't jump ND.

OSU shouldn't be in the game at all. Losing to Purdue should be a deal-breaker, and I don't know if the CFP Committee wants Urban Meyer and his scandal anywhere near the playoff this year. Agreed, unless Oklahoma, Georgia and UCF all lose.

Of course we all know the 4 teams in this playoff should be Bama, Clemson, ND, and UCF. But UCF doesn't get a chance because they don't pay people enough money.Exactly. Although the committee did get a free pass with the injury of Milton. Now they can say since UCF lost their starting QB, they didn't feel they were good enough to be in the playoff (conveniently ignoring Ohio State's championship year).

Obviously I'd gladly leave that rematch for the National Championship game. Since I expect that matchup first, I'd rather get pumped up about it then get all depressed. Not to mention I want to avenge the BCS game from January 2013. If ND HAS to play Bama, it would be better in the championship game. Better to play them with Saban only having one week to prepare, instead of four.

On another note, I would love to see any of those teams play the Semi-final up north. Put these SEC teams in the cold lets see how they deal when they don't have perfect weather.Amen to that! I've been preaching this for the longest time. Teams like OSU and ND have to build teams to play in the cold. Let's see these southern teams play in the cold.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Barring any chaos, the playoffs seem to be set as Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-27-2018, 08:59 PM
^Love how you included Oklahoma. This guy gets it!

Yaz
11-28-2018, 12:01 AM
Until Texas wrecks that ass again

#AbsoluteUnit
11-28-2018, 02:34 AM
Not cool.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Boomer Sooner. 1 more half to go.

Slyfox696
12-01-2018, 03:11 PM
If Georgia wins, no way Alabama should get in the playoff. They still will, but they shouldn't.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-01-2018, 08:04 PM
What an incredible game today between Alabama and Georgia.

First off I almost want to apologize to Georgia. They've came so close to beating Saban in a big game so many times, and yet they've come up short every time.

Tua was terrible today. I've been one of his biggest fans, and he's been great all season, but he was awful today. Don't even blame the injury. He had it last week and threw for 300+ yards with 5 TDs. He definitely lost the Heisman to Kyler Murray today, and hopefully he recovers from his injury soon and redeems himself in the future.

We're incredibly fortunate to have Jalen. I criticized him a lot when he was starting, and although that was probably fair at the time, he's improved a lot this season. Some of that can be attributed to new QB coach Dan Enos and those young WRs (Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs, and Waddle), but give Hurts credit. He won the game for us today, and I'm confident with him starting until Tua gets fully healthy.

The defense played well for the most part. We gave up some runs we usually don't, but D'Andre Swift is an incredible player. I was especially impressed with Jake Fromm. Just like Hurts, he's improved a lot since last year.

Thanks for the fake punt call, Kirby. It won us the game.

As for the other games, that was a big comeback win for UCF. Even if they get in (and they won't), we need an 8-team playoff.

No matter how much Ohio State goes on to win by, the playoffs will be Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. That Purdue loss was inexcusable.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Sly, I think you're good.

As for the other games, that was a big comeback win for UCF. Even if they get in (and they won't), we need an 8-team playoff.

^100% Agreed. Competition is always good and brings out the best for everyone. I believe that the 4 team playoff was a good experiment going back to the first CFP to the 2014-15 season. Thing is, people want more. More games, more competition, more bowl games. I'm a big believer in an 8 team playoff. The more games, the more money, the more people are happy.

No matter how much Ohio State goes on to win by, the playoffs will be Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. That Purdue loss was inexcusable.

^ This 100%. I'll be the first to admit it, I'm totally biased as a Sooner fan, but this is true. OU lost by 3 at a neutral site in the regular season whereas OSU lost by 29 to a team that finished 6-6 during the regular season. Regardless, OU will be dismantled by Alabama, at least my Sooners will go down fighting.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Tua was terrible today. I've been one of his biggest fans, and he's been great all season, but he was awful today. Don't even blame the injury. He had it last week and threw for 300+ yards with 5 TDs. He definitely lost the Heisman to Kyler Murray today, and hopefully he recovers from his injury soon and redeems himself in the future.

Tua wasn't at 100% going into the game and was then re-injured on the 3rd play. He was still horrible, but it's definitely due to injuries.

With that said, Murray should still win the Heisman. As the saying goes, the best ability is availability. Tua can go for it next season and potentially threepeat, although this season is far from certain.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Congrats to my dude, Kyler Murray. Boomer Sooner. First time back to back Heisman winners from the same team since USC did it in '04-'05

BestSportsEntertainer
12-29-2018, 07:41 PM
No matter what happens in the second half of this game, Kyler Murray deserved the Heisman trophy.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-29-2018, 07:46 PM
I turned it off. Love my Sooners but they're completely over matched.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Oklahoma has had a great season, and it's not over just yet. Ok it's most likely over, but they still had a great year.

I feel bad for Murray. He was getting NO help out there. Pressured on almost every play, drops, maybe the worst defense in the P5. Honestly I'm not sure things are any different if you swapped Tua and Murray. Tua's definitely not a product of the system, but you at least have to consider the fact that he has probably the best supporting cast of any team and an elite defense.

I don't know if Alabama is the best team ever or even this season (goodness this is going to look ridiculous if Oklahoma comes back lol), but they looked like it for the first quarter and a half of this game. Oklahoma mounted some sort of a comeback at the end of the second half, but they've still only stopped Alabama once.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-29-2018, 08:59 PM
I turned it off. Love my Sooners but they're completely over matched.

Turn the game back on lol. This is getting pretty close.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-29-2018, 09:00 PM
Turn the game back on lol. This is getting pretty close.

DANG! MY SOONERS ARE ONLY DOWN BY......9?? LET'S GO

BestSportsEntertainer
12-29-2018, 09:02 PM
DANG! MY SOONERS ARE ONLY DOWN BY......9?? LET'S GO

Well Bama just scored. It's now 38-20. Sorry lol

#AbsoluteUnit
12-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Well Bama just scored. It's now 38-20. Sorry lol

Legit not cool. You are better than this. I expect much more from you. What a let down.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-29-2018, 10:12 PM
The second half was far from ideal. I'm disappointed in Alabama's defense. They let their emotions get to them and made a lot of boneheaded plays. Quinnen Williams had a dirty hit, Raekwon Davis took his helmet off for literally no reason, and several players missed tackles. Oklahoma obviously has a great offense and is going to score, but Alabama gave them way too many yards and plays that they usually don't.

Our offense was great for the most part. Tua literally had more TDs than incompletions, so it's hard to complain much. Josh Jacobs was an absolute steal.

Officiating was horrible for both sides, which isn't surprising at all. It seems like it happens in every sport, and I'm honestly not sure how they continue to get away with it.

I'm looking forward to playing Clemson. Should be a great game. Roll Tide

#AbsoluteUnit
12-30-2018, 01:45 PM
The second half was far from ideal. I'm disappointed in Alabama's defense. They let their emotions get to them and made a lot of boneheaded plays. Quinnen Williams had a dirty hit, Raekwon Davis took his helmet off for literally no reason, and several players missed tackles. Oklahoma obviously has a great offense and is going to score, but Alabama gave them way too many yards and plays that they usually don't.

Our offense was great for the most part. Tua literally had more TDs than incompletions, so it's hard to complain much. Josh Jacobs was an absolute steal.

Officiating was horrible for both sides, which isn't surprising at all. It seems like it happens in every sport, and I'm honestly not sure how they continue to get away with it.

I'm looking forward to playing Clemson. Should be a great game. Roll Tide

Is that the first time Tua played all 4 quarters?

BestSportsEntertainer
12-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Is that the first time Tua played all 4 quarters?

He played all 4 against LSU, although partly because Hurts was injured

#AbsoluteUnit
12-30-2018, 05:45 PM
My Ravens came through tonight. But the Browns are going to be scary good in the future. What a game though.

Spidey
12-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Man my blood pressure the first half vs the second half

#AbsoluteUnit
12-30-2018, 09:38 PM
You're good Spidey. Take a deep breath and relax!

Slyfox696
12-31-2018, 04:45 PM
So it's the two teams everyone predicted at the beginning of the season. I wish ND hadn't lost so many defensive players in first half due to injury, but they still couldn't move the ball on offense.

So predictions for Monday?

klunderbunker
12-31-2018, 06:54 PM
So it's the two teams everyone predicted at the beginning of the season. I wish ND hadn't lost so many defensive players in first half due to injury, but they still couldn't move the ball on offense.

So predictions for Monday?

ESPN talks nonstop about how awesome Alabama will be next year if they lose and anoints Saban as the greatest Non-Coach K coach of all time if they win?

Slyfox696
12-31-2018, 07:31 PM
ESPN talks nonstop about how awesome Alabama will be next year if they lose and anoints Saban as the greatest Non-Coach K coach of all time if they win?I'm looking for a prediction more bold than this. ;)

klunderbunker
12-31-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm looking for a prediction more bold than this. ;)

I'm thinking Alabama wins, even though this is the most non-Alabama team in a long time.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-31-2018, 08:47 PM
Bama 37 - Clemson 23.

I just came up with that, don't @ me.

Slyfox696
01-02-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking Alabama wins, even though this is the most non-Alabama team in a long time.It's hard to bet against Alabama and I say that as someone who thinks Alabama has been incredibly overrated for years.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Andrew Luck putting on a clinic right now.

Slyfox696
01-06-2019, 09:41 PM
I don't think I watched a full minute of NFL playoffs this weekend...

BestSportsEntertainer
01-06-2019, 10:20 PM
You didn't miss much. I missed the Eagles and Bears game, but I found the other three games to be incredibly boring at times, especially the AFC games. I can watch college football all day, but I don't really enjoy the NFL anymore. And I say that as someone who thought the NFL was better for years.

Slyfox696
01-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Just looking at the stats during the Ravens/Chargers game, it seemed pretty clear I didn't miss hardly anything. I think, at the start of the 4th quarter, the Ravens had as many "3 and outs" as they did completed passes.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Clemson is very good

#AbsoluteUnit
01-07-2019, 07:34 PM
I don't mind Herbie

BestSportsEntertainer
01-07-2019, 08:11 PM
I don't mind Herbie

He's great. One of the best commentators in the game

#AbsoluteUnit
01-07-2019, 08:23 PM
He's great. One of the best commentators in the game

Agreed. I also like how he doesn't play favorites regarding Ohio State. A non-biased announcer is what's best for business.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Touchdown here and it's most likely over

#AbsoluteUnit
01-07-2019, 09:04 PM
LOL. I turned it off. I'm not even mad.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Trevor Lawrence is RIDICULOUS, and goodness it hurts to see Justyn Ross (another true freshman and the #1 recruit in Alabama) burn us

BestSportsEntertainer
01-07-2019, 09:05 PM
LOL. I turned it off. I'm not even mad.

I'm still holding out hope (...at least a little), but I can't blame you lol. This is easily the worst game Alabama's had under Saban.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-07-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm still holding out hope (...at least a little), but I can't blame you lol. This is easily the worst game Alabama's had under Saban.

2009 Sugar Bowl is worse.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Well it's finally over. Give Clemson credit. They're the better team and dominated us tonight. We have a lot to prove next season. Roll Tide

#AbsoluteUnit
01-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Nothing to regret or doubt. Hold your head up high kid. Win some, lose some.

Slyfox696
01-08-2019, 10:06 AM
As someone who is so sick and tired of the media love for Alabama and the SEC, I was so happy to see Alabama get crushed last night.

As someone whose team also got destroyed by Clemson in the playoff, I was so happy to see Alabama get crushed last night.

As someone whose team got destroyed by Clemson in the playoff, I hated to see Clemson win last night.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-08-2019, 04:22 PM
A few thoughts on the game a day later:

Even with last night's blowout loss, Alabama still had a great season. They were 14-1 and won the SEC and Orange Bowl, and Tua was the Heisman runner up. With that said, a few holes had been visible at various points throughout the season, and they were completely exposed last night.

The DBs were inexperienced since all 5 starters from last season graduated or declared early.

The defense only rushed 4 for most of the year, and while that has worked, it didn't last night. Clemson's OL deserves a lot of credit.

All the coaching turnover has finally hurt. Bama replaced both coordinators (seriously how is Brent Venables STILL at Clemson?) and had 6 new coaches in total. All of them are great recruiters but some aren't the best on-field coaches (looking at you, Tosh Lupoi).

Playcalling wasn't great last night. The fake FG to start the second half may have been the worst call I've ever seen in a football game. Seriously that's not hyperbole. Running with your 3rd string QB with the kicker as the lead blocker against a defense playing it safe? I'm at a loss for words.

We'll be back next season, hungrier than ever. The dynasty is not over just yet. Roll Tide.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-08-2019, 06:18 PM
A few thoughts on the game a day later:

Even with last night's blowout loss, Alabama still had a great season. They were 14-1 and won the SEC and Orange Bowl, and Tua was the Heisman runner up. With that said, a few holes had been visible at various points throughout the season, and they were completely exposed last night.

The DBs were inexperienced since all 5 starters from last season graduated or declared early.

The defense only rushed 4 for most of the year, and while that has worked, it didn't last night. Clemson's OL deserves a lot of credit.

All the coaching turnover has finally hurt. Bama replaced both coordinators (seriously how is Brent Venables STILL at Clemson?) and had 6 new coaches in total. All of them are great recruiters but some aren't the best on-field coaches (looking at you, Tosh Lupoi).

Playcalling wasn't great last night. The fake FG to start the second half may have been the worst call I've ever seen in a football game. Seriously that's not hyperbole. Running with your 3rd string QB with the kicker as the lead blocker against a defense playing it safe? I'm at a loss for words.

We'll be back next season, hungrier than ever. The dynasty is not over just yet. Roll Tide.

Bama loses 1 game and people say their dynasty is over? PLEASE. Bama has made the playoff every year it's been established. Like I said earlier; you win some and you lose some. LOL Bama's dynasty will not be over until Saban is long gone.

Storm Trooper
01-08-2019, 06:42 PM
As someone who is so sick and tired of the media love for Alabama and the SEC, I was so happy to see Alabama get crushed last night.

As someone whose team also got destroyed by Clemson in the playoff, I was so happy to see Alabama get crushed last night.

As someone whose team got destroyed by Clemson in the playoff, I hated to see Clemson win last night.
I agree with the first 2 statements, but I'm a firm believer that, if my team is defeated in the postseason, I would much rather see that team go in to win, as I feel it better to say my team lost to the champions. Especially if the victor is not a rival.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-09-2019, 08:58 PM

I wanted Oklahoma vs Notre Dame. Both of our two favorite teams.

Slyfox696
01-10-2019, 06:49 AM
I think it would have been a more entertaining game, at least from the prospect of being more "fresh" feeling.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-14-2019, 08:50 PM
I would like to see the Chiefs vs Saints in the Superb Owl.

Slyfox696
01-16-2019, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't mind a Chiefs vs. Rams rematch, that game was fun last time. But I think it is clearly we definitely got the four best teams in the NFL this season still left in the playoffs.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Nick Saban about to be the only coach left at Alabama lol

#AbsoluteUnit
01-16-2019, 10:45 PM
BOOM. WELCOME TO OKLAHOMA JALEN HURTS!!!!!!!

Slyfox696
01-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see Oklahoma as the place Hurts landed. It makes sense, I just would not have imagined it.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-20-2019, 06:03 PM
That Saints and Rams game was total bullshit. The Saints are probably my least favorite team, but they absolutely deserved that win. It's yet another game ruined by the referees, and they need to FINALLY be held accountable.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-20-2019, 08:25 PM
Hot take - I'm proud the Patriots are going to another Super Bowl.

Cold take - NFL OT rules need to be changed.

Yaz
01-20-2019, 08:34 PM
If you let one bad call cost you a game, then you didn't play well enough to deserve to win it. Its the same as when a kicker misses a kick and everyone blames them. If the rest of the team had performed better, you wouldn't be letting the outcome of the game ride on one single play.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-20-2019, 08:37 PM
So it's a Rams - Patriots Superb Owl?

Yeah i'll sit this one out.

Fire Marshall Bill
01-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Yeah Saints blaming that game solely on the refs would be stupid. Besides, last year had to be harder on them.

And NFL overtime is way better than it used to be.

Yaz
01-21-2019, 12:16 AM
It is better, but I would still prefer something more akin to college rules. At the very least let teams go the full field once each. People have cited that LSU/A&M game as a safety issue with college overtime rules, but that was an outlier.

Storm Trooper
01-21-2019, 12:42 AM
The simple solution to NFL Overtime rules is that both teams are guaranteed a possession. Literally the only change you make is to remove the "the game ends on an opening drive Touchdown" bullshit. First team gets the ball, scores a TD, and the other team receives a kickoff needing to score. Not difficult at all. 10 minute period for regular season and if it's tied still, the game ends in a tie.

And the Saints did get robbed, but they were outplayed, and they screwed themselves with the playcalls (throwing on 1st down was stupid, and necessitated the 3rd down throw). Hand the ball off 3 times and you're good. Maybe do one of those Taysum Hill taking the snap plays as well. If they don't get the first down then they drain all the timeouts, and the clock some.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-21-2019, 02:44 AM
If you let one bad call cost you a game, then you didn't play well enough to deserve to win it. Its the same as when a kicker misses a kick and everyone blames them. If the rest of the team had performed better, you wouldn't be letting the outcome of the game ride on one single play.

How do people still make excuses for the referees after seeing that?

Referees are always impacting the outcomes of games and screwing teams out of wins, and people don't seem to even care.

Yaz
01-21-2019, 03:43 AM
How do people still make excuses for the referees after seeing that?

Referees are always impacting the outcomes of games and screwing teams out of wins, and people don't seem to even care.

People do care, but blaming the refs for a loss is an easy way out when your team didn't play as well as they could have. There are plenty of fingers to point at the Saints' performance on the field, one blown call, no matter how bad it was, wasn't the reason they lost. And there were calls in that game that benefited the Saints. It isn't like that one play was the only call that favored either team. At one points the Saints had a delay of game that wasn't called and they got to run a play. This isn't the NBA rigging games, good teams will find ways to overcome a couple of bad calls.

Spidey
01-21-2019, 08:52 AM
"The refs didn't do their job properly but tbf the team coulda played better." When do we hold officials accountable for blown calls that impact the game then?

And OT being determined by essentially a coin flip is bogus. What a night.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-21-2019, 08:58 AM
Bottom line: Andy Reid can't win the big ones.

Fire Marshall Bill
01-21-2019, 11:23 AM
Saints won the coin toss and lost. Pats won the coin toss and won. Sounds like 50/50 to me.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-21-2019, 05:55 PM
Saints won the coin toss and lost. Pats won the coin toss and won. Sounds like 50/50 to me.

Why should the Patriots get a chance to score but not the Chiefs?

Fire Marshall Bill
01-21-2019, 09:47 PM
Pats converted 3 3rd and longs in overtime. Chiefs had their chances. They failed.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Pats converted 3 3rd and longs in overtime. Chiefs had their chances. They failed.

Not on offense. If the Chiefs win the coin toss, they score a touchdown and win the game.

Fire Marshall Bill
01-22-2019, 08:37 AM
Iâ??m glad you can see a hypothetical future. Any line on the winning lottery numbers?

They literally changed the rule a few years ago so a team didnâ??t have to drive 30 yards, kick a field goal and thatâ??s the game. Now that the Patriots run down the field, converting 3 3rd and 10â??s along the way, you want it changed? I smell hatorade. New Orleansâ??s amazing offense had their chance and failed. Thatâ??s how coin flips work. Your way guarantees that one day weâ??ll have a 6 hour game. No one wants that. Player safety is part of the reason the rule exists as is.

Slyfox696
01-22-2019, 09:47 AM
I’m glad you can see a hypothetical future. Any line on the winning lottery numbers?

They literally changed the rule a few years ago so a team didn’t have to drive 30 yards, kick a field goal and that’s the game. Now that the Patriots run down the field, converting 3 3rd and 10’s along the way, you want it changed? I smell hatorade. New Orleans’s amazing offense had their chance and failed. That’s how coin flips work. Your way guarantees that one day we’ll have a 6 hour game. No one wants that. Player safety is part of the reason the rule exists as is.
I prefer the college form of overtime. With that said, I think if the NFL would quit letting teams call the coin toss, but rather have a "Home" and "Away" side of the coin, it would help alleviate some of the frustration.

It is an offense dominated league now and the team that got to call the coin toss got to pick to go on offense first and never had to leave the field.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Iâ??m glad you can see a hypothetical future. Any line on the winning lottery numbers?

They literally changed the rule a few years ago so a team didnâ??t have to drive 30 yards, kick a field goal and thatâ??s the game. Now that the Patriots run down the field, converting 3 3rd and 10â??s along the way, you want it changed? I smell hatorade. New Orleansâ??s amazing offense had their chance and failed. Thatâ??s how coin flips work. Your way guarantees that one day weâ??ll have a 6 hour game. No one wants that. Player safety is part of the reason the rule exists as is.

The point is Kansas City didn't have the chance because they lost a coin toss. You can say they should have played defense, but (on the scoreboard) they played equally with New England for 60 minutes and only had one more possession because they lost a coin toss.

Because New Orleans failed, Kansas City shouldn't have a chance? Maybe Mahomes would've scored. Maybe he wouldn't. We'll never know because he lost a coin toss.

And I wanted the Patriots to win. I said that in another post.

The NFL doesn't care about player safety. If they did they would eliminate Thursday Night Football and kickoffs, add another bye week, increase roster limits, etc.

jmt225
01-22-2019, 04:47 PM

The fact is, if the Saints get that call... it's over. Saints win. They run the clock down and kick a chip shot FG to win. Point. Blank. Period.

That call decided the outcome of the game 100%.

Did the Saints have a chance to still win despite that? Sure, and I'm very disappointed in them that they weren't able to take advantage of getting the ball first in OT. But the fact remains, there is no overtime if the referee makes the correct call on the field. So yes, that call did cost them the game.

And someone said last year's loss was worse... as a die-hard Saints fan, I can confidently say the Rams game was the most heartbreaking loss in Saints history. The Saints weren't supposed to beat the Vikings last year, we were lucky to even make the comeback we did in that game. Yes, it hurt to lose with a shock play in the end, but still... we were lucky to be there in the first place. This year, we were supposed to go to the Super Bowl. This was our chance. We had the right team, the right pieces. Everything fell into place. And for the season to end the way it did for us is absolutely devastating.

Drew is a year older next year. We hardly have any draft picks. No money for FAs. Certain guys are leaving. Injuries will happen. This was probably our last chance in the Brees era to win the big one and it got robbed from us. Nothing compares to this heartbreak in terms of sports losses, NOTHING.

Yaz
01-22-2019, 05:07 PM
The fact is, if the Saints get that call... it's over. Saints win. They run the clock down and kick a chip shot FG to win. Point. Blank. Period.

That call decided the outcome of the game 100%.

Did the Saints have a chance to still win despite that? Sure, and I'm very disappointed in them that they weren't able to take advantage of getting the ball first in OT. But the fact remains, there is no overtime if the referee makes the correct call on the field. So yes, that call did cost them the game.

And someone said last year's loss was worse... as a die-hard Saints fan, I can confidently say the Rams game was the most heartbreaking loss in Saints history. The Saints weren't supposed to beat the Vikings last year, we were lucky to even make the comeback we did in that game. Yes, it hurt to lose with a shock play in the end, but still... we were lucky to be there in the first place. This year, we were supposed to go to the Super Bowl. This was our chance. We had the right team, the right pieces. Everything fell into place. And for the season to end the way it did for us is absolutely devastating.

Drew is a year older next year. We hardly have any draft picks. No money for FAs. Certain guys are leaving. Injuries will happen. This was probably our last chance in the Brees era to win the big one and it got robbed from us. Nothing compares to this heartbreak in terms of sports losses, NOTHING.

They ran for like 50 yards all game, Brees threw a pick, Ginn and Hill both fumbled at various points. There were instances in the game where the Saints messed up and it cost them. Blaming the refs is overlooking the poor play of the team at times. It was a shit call, but there is no guarantee of anything after that call. Guys miss chip shot FGs, Vinny missed one for us against the Chiefs.

I'm not saying the call wasn't bad, it was. I'm saying that there were multiple instances of the Saints playing poorly, and if those hadn't happened it wouldn't have come down to one single call.

jmt225
01-22-2019, 05:14 PM
They ran for like 50 yards all game, Brees threw a pick, Ginn and Hill both fumbled at various points. There were instances in the game where the Saints messed up and it cost them. Blaming the refs is overlooking the poor play of the team at times. It was a shit call, but there is no guarantee of anything after that call. Guys miss chip shot FGs, Vinny missed one for us against the Chiefs.

I'm not saying the call wasn't bad, it was. I'm saying that there were multiple instances of the Saints playing poorly, and if those hadn't happened it wouldn't have come down to one single call.

The bottom line is, the Saints did just enough to win the game had one of the referees made the correct call that was so blatant right in front of their faces.

I believe you're a Colts fan, right Yaz? If this exact game happened between the Colts and Chiefs, and it was the Colts who got robbed, you would have the same opinion that I have about it. Every fan of every team put in this spot would.

Yaz
01-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Yeah I am, and earlier this season when we played Philly we had a couple of calls that were questionable to downright blown and it was upsetting. I'm not saying its wrong to be upset. I'm saying that there are sixty minutes in a game and that one single call was not the only deciding factor. Like when Philly beat us, we didn't play as well as we could have, so its senseless to say we lost because of one single call. Saints fans are buying billboards in Atlanta complaining about it and filing lawsuits against the NFL, that's ridiculous and petty. It's a game. There are better ways to channel that anger.

jmt225
01-22-2019, 07:02 PM
Yeah I am, and earlier this season when we played Philly we had a couple of calls that were questionable to downright blown and it was upsetting. I'm not saying its wrong to be upset. I'm saying that there are sixty minutes in a game and that one single call was not the only deciding factor. Like when Philly beat us, we didn't play as well as we could have, so its senseless to say we lost because of one single call. Saints fans are buying billboards in Atlanta complaining about it and filing lawsuits against the NFL, that's ridiculous and petty. It's a game. There are better ways to channel that anger.

I love the billboards thing, I can't lie lol.

The lawsuit is silly though, I agree. I'm not a "it was a fix" guy. I just think the refs made a terrible mistake that ended up costing us the game and a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Yaz
01-22-2019, 08:32 PM
Yeah the whole conspiracy theory thing has popped up on my Facebook at least five times since the game ended. My favorite was "The NFL had to fix the game because no one would show up to an Atlanta based SuperBowl in New Orleans played in it."

Slyfox696
01-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Yeah the whole conspiracy theory thing has popped up on my Facebook at least five times since the game ended. My favorite was "The NFL had to fix the game because no one would show up to an Atlanta based SuperBowl in New Orleans played in it."
Which is absurd, because most agreed before the game there was nothing the NFL wanted more than Brees vs. Brady.

Fire Marshall Bill
01-23-2019, 06:16 AM
I prefer the college form of overtime. With that said, I think if the NFL would quit letting teams call the coin toss, but rather have a "Home" and "Away" side of the coin, it would help alleviate some of the frustration.

It is an offense dominated league now and the team that got to call the coin toss got to pick to go on offense first and never had to leave the field.

The home/away thing doesnâ??t change the coin flip at all.

The point is Kansas City didn't have the chance because they lost a coin toss. You can say they should have played defense, but (on the scoreboard) they played equally with New England for 60 minutes and only had one more possession because they lost a coin toss.

Because New Orleans failed, Kansas City shouldn't have a chance? Maybe Mahomes would've scored. Maybe he wouldn't. We'll never know because he lost a coin toss.

And I wanted the Patriots to win. I said that in another post.

The NFL doesn't care about player safety. If they did they would eliminate Thursday Night Football and kickoffs, add another bye week, increase roster limits, etc.

Again, no one wants a 6 hour game. Your plan is stupid.

Slyfox696
01-23-2019, 09:51 AM
The home/away thing doesn’t change the coin flip at all. Sure it does, because no one gets to call the coin. It is just flipped.

Fire Marshall Bill
01-23-2019, 01:17 PM
I guess, from a certain perspective, you could say it does, but odds are odds and however they go about it, it’s still 50/50. People who moan and bitch about the game being decided by a coin flip wouldn’t stop complaining if it were done the way you suggest. Of course, people like that complain about anything, so what the hell. It’s not a terrible idea anyway. It would remove the manners and fair play aspect of letting the away team call it, but I doubt anyone would care. Not like the refs are playing for the home team. Unless they’re in Foxboro, right? :rollingeyes:

Slyfox696
01-24-2019, 01:41 PM
I guess, from a certain perspective, you could say it does, but odds are odds and however they go about it, itâ??s still 50/50.Yes and no. The odds the coin will land on one side or another is 50/50 (presumably) but at the end of the day people are flipping the coin and people are calling it. Does it make a statistical difference? I have never seen anything which says yes, but it is still the perception of it though. A home/away coin removes that doubt, removes the perception.

People who moan and bitch about the game being decided by a coin flip wouldnâ??t stop complaining if it were done the way you suggest. It's not my only recommendation, just part of it.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-25-2019, 09:20 AM
Julian Edelman is FAR away from the Hall of Fame

BestSportsEntertainer
02-03-2019, 06:21 PM
The Super Bowl has been boring so far

But the worst part is they didn't play Sweet Victory

#AbsoluteUnit
02-03-2019, 07:41 PM
The Super Bowl has been boring so far

But the worst part is they didn't play Sweet Victory

I just didn't care about the game. Haven't watched any of it so far. Cleaned my apartment though, and found $20.00 bill.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Brady and the Patriots win. Again. I'm typically a fan of dynasties, but goodness this is beyond stale.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Ehh, don't take it too hard man.

Storm Trooper
02-03-2019, 09:37 PM
I'm a Jets fan. I'm tired of the Pats winning, and I hate them. But they're the best in the league until Brady and Belichick retire. Until then we just need to respect the fact that we're watching the best of all time.

Congrats to the Patriots, they earned it, they were the best team. I still hate them, but at this point I'm resigned to knowing they'll be there every year.

jmt225
02-04-2019, 02:24 PM
I'm glad the Super Bowl turned out to be a boring, miserable DUD with the Scams losing in such embarrassing fashion. They didn't deserve to be there and that was proven last night.

As far as the Patriots... props to them, mostly their defense and Belichick. I think it's the last Super Bowl we'll see from them in the Brady era though.

Yaz
02-04-2019, 06:05 PM
I find the moral high ground card from fans of the team who were caught paying players to hurt opposing players to be hilarious.

jmt225
02-05-2019, 02:03 PM
I find the moral high ground card from fans of the team who were caught paying players to hurt opposing players to be hilarious.

Nobody was paid to "hurt players." There were bonuses given out for big plays which included big hits (which if you ask any old school type player, was a regular thing on EVERY team). There was never not once proof that the Saints targeted a specific player to be injured. The only real damning evidence was Gregg Williams lockerroom speech where he screamed and yelled about head hunting against the 49ers. Williams was coincidentally fired after that game (long before the audio was released) and has found much success on other teams since then.

So target Gregg Williams and whatever organizations hire that asshole (which is about half the league at this point lol), not just the Saints.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Nobody was paid to "hurt players." There were bonuses given out for big plays which included big hits (which if you ask any old school type player, was a regular thing on EVERY team). There was never not once proof that the Saints targeted a specific player to be injured. The only real damning evidence was Gregg Williams lockerroom speech where he screamed and yelled about head hunting against the 49ers. Williams was coincidentally fired after that game (long before the audio was released) and has found much success on other teams since then.

Seriously?

jmt225
02-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Seriously?

Seriously.

There was never any proof that anyone was paid to specifically injure a player. Saints had a "pay for performance" program which included big hits whether they caused injury or not. Here are the FACTS.

1. The Saints were in the top tier of least injured opposing players that year. So the best team in football that year was really shitty at the part of their job where they were supposed to "injure" opposing players? That makes zero sense.

2. It was a different era of football, where hitting people was allowed. The Saints game plan was to hit the QB as much and as often as possible, a technique used to effect the timing of the opposing offense. How this is proof of a "bounty program" is ridiculous.

3. All the players suspensions were voided... why? Because THERE WAS NO PROOF and it couldn't hold up in a court of law. Sean Payton's suspension was only kept because he didn't have the same appeal process privileges as the players.

4. It's funny that this is being brought up, because just this week it was revealed in Brett Favre's new book that the Vikings were the ones with a bounty program. Straight from the horse's mouth...

“I had coaches start a pot and all the veterans put in an extra $100, $200, and if you hurt someone special, you get the money. There was a bottom line, and I think we all bought in: you’re there to win, and if taking out the other team’s best player helps you win, hey, it’s nothing personal. Just business.”

One of Minnesota’s “targets” in the 2008 season, according to the excerpt, was Nick Barnett, a Green Bay linebacker. The price to “take him out” was $500.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/26/turns-out-the-vikings-also-had-a-bounty-program-when-brett-favre-was-qb/

The Saints were hosed on this bounty nonsense and it hurt the organization big time for a good amount of years. To finally get over that, build a championship quality team, and get robbed by the refs... it really fucking sucks. Just got to hope Brees has it in him to have one more good MVP caliber year, because if he does, then we have at least one more shot. However, I'm not very optimistic with the way he looked from the Cowboys game and that point on :(

BestSportsEntertainer
02-08-2019, 09:32 PM
TIL Dwayne Haskins, who passed for 4,800 yards and ran for only 100 yards last season, is a running QB. Thanks Stephen A. Smith

Yaz
02-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Cause he's black.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Yaz is right. However he threw for 50 touchdowns last season.

So yes, he's a running quarterback for sure!

Not at all.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Justin Fields who had to deal with the hardship of not winning the starting job over a freshman QB who took his team to a National Championship

#AbsoluteUnit
02-09-2019, 07:04 PM
I didn't think Fields was that good to be honest.

Spidey
02-10-2019, 12:23 AM
Not being talked about enough how shit super bowl was. Like I'm excited for xfl levels of fuckery there.

OYDK
02-10-2019, 07:47 AM
Not NCAA or NFL related, but watched an AAF game yesterday (pretty much for the novelty) and was mildly entertained. Some of the rules take some getting used to and didn't know 90% of the players, but it was still pretty decent football. Plus, the games are pretty sped up, running about two and a half hours which is a huge breath of fresh air compared to the usual three and a half hour NFL games.

It's a nice alternative and actually offers some solid football.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Guess which of the players is still in the NFL: the guy who peacefully protested racial inequality or the guy who assaulted a woman in a bar and then lied about it?

Slyfox696
02-11-2019, 01:05 PM
Guess which of the players is still in the NFL: the guy who peacefully protested racial inequality or the guy who assaulted a woman in a bar and then lied about it?
That's not fair, Kaepernick has only been out of the league for two years. Hunt was out of a job for roughly 2 months....

Oh...

OYDK
02-11-2019, 01:30 PM

The apologists will tell you it's because, "he's not good enough to play in the NFL."

The Bills should have something to say about that.

klunderbunker
02-11-2019, 05:31 PM
The apologists will tell you it's because, "he's not good enough to play in the NFL."

The Bills should have something to say about that.

Indeed. I know Kaepernick wasn't great, but was he really not good enough to start for the 0-16/1-15 Browns? Whoever their latest forgettable QB was was better than him? A guy who went to the Super Bowl five years ago at the time? Really?

Now that being said, I believe I remember hearing about him being offered tryouts and not attending, in which case it's on him. But yeah the he's not good enough argument was always nonsense.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-12-2019, 06:40 AM
This has nothing to do with his politics or protests, but at what point to people stop complaining heâ??s not in the league? Like in 10 years are we still going to be hearing Kaepernickâ??s still a free agent? Heâ??s been out of the league for two years. He wasnâ??t that good when he was in. Once people figured out how to contain him, heâ??s a backup on most teams. Heâ??s way beyond a question mark at this point. And again, this is without all the noise heâ??d bring with him.

If thereâ??s one thing situations like Hunt, Hardy, etc prove, you can get in the NFL with giant red flags if youâ??re good enough. He isnâ??t.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-12-2019, 11:19 AM
This has nothing to do with his politics or protests, but at what point to people stop complaining he’s not in the league? Like in 10 years are we still going to be hearing Kaepernick’s still a free agent? He’s been out of the league for two years. He wasn’t that good when he was in.

Once people figured out how to contain him, he’s a backup on most teams. He’s way beyond a question mark at this point.

As KB pointed out, DeShone Kizer started 15 games for the 0-16 Browns and produced some of the worst QB play you will ever see. Nathan Peterman was somehow even worse for the Bills. Brett Hundley started 9 games for the Packers last season and wasn't much better. Even at 31, Kaepernick would be the best backup in the league and could start for a few teams. People underestimate how bad NFL QB play is beyond the top 20-25 QBs.

And again, this is without all the noise he’d bring with him.

If there’s one thing situations like Hunt, Hardy, etc prove, you can get in the NFL with giant red flags if you’re good enough. He isn’t.

This is the sad reality of the situation. NFL owners are swayed by fans, and truthfully most fans don't care about domestic violence (possibly because it's so commonplace that they've gotten used to it). I believe in second chances and forgiveness, but the same people preaching that will vilify Kaepernick. They claim he's disrespecting America or something. Well don't you think the police brutality he's peacefully protesting disrespects America a hell of a lot more? People say it doesn't exist, but it happens every day. I understand why owners won't sign Kaepernick, but that definitely doesn't mean it's right.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-13-2019, 09:47 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know I hate the New England Patriots. That's all

Fire Marshall Bill
02-15-2019, 06:36 AM
As KB pointed out, DeShone Kizer started 15 games for the 0-16 Browns and produced some of the worst QB play you will ever see. Nathan Peterman was somehow even worse for the Bills. Brett Hundley started 9 games for the Packers last season and wasn't much better. Even at 31, Kaepernick would be the best backup in the league and could start for a few teams. People underestimate how bad NFL QB play is beyond the top 20-25 QBs.

This is the sad reality of the situation. NFL owners are swayed by fans, and truthfully most fans don't care about domestic violence (possibly because it's so commonplace that they've gotten used to it). I believe in second chances and forgiveness, but the same people preaching that will vilify Kaepernick. They claim he's disrespecting America or something. Well don't you think the police brutality he's peacefully protesting disrespects America a hell of a lot more? People say it doesn't exist, but it happens every day. I understand why owners won't sign Kaepernick, but that definitely doesn't mean it's right.

Everyone you mentioned in your first paragraph has absolutely zero baggage, rendering the whole thing pointless. And best backup in the league? Thatâ??s laughably stupid. Miss the part where heâ??s been out for 2 years? No one has any fucking clue how heâ??d be anymore.

Oh, and Colin Kaepernick was offered a job in the AAF and turned it down. Just throwing that out there for anyone.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-15-2019, 06:37 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know I hate the New England Patriots. That's all

How original.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-15-2019, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure why the Broncos traded for Joe Flacco since he's not a clear upgrade over Case Keenum. He may be a better leader, but the Broncos aren't in a good position to get a young QB. They don't pick until #10, and this year's QB class is pretty horrible anyway. Dwayne Haskins likely won't be there, and Kyler Murray is far from a sure thing.

This also means Lamar Jackson is officially the starter in Baltimore. Obviously he's a great runner, but he needs to work on his passing ability for the Ravens to take the next step.

Antonio Brown wants to be traded, and that seems to be the only option at this point. There's major problems in Pittsburgh, and some of that starts with Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger. This could be the end of their run. Brown is 31-years old and may be a problem in the locker room, but he's still one of the best WRs. San Francisco makes sense as a trade destination, and Brown said he would like to play with Jimmy Garoppolo.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Oh, and Colin Kaepernick was offered a job in the AAF and turned it down. Just throwing that out there for anyone.

This is true. Because the normal AAF contract is "only" $250,000.

Yaz
02-16-2019, 01:04 AM
Lamar Jackson is my boy. Give him time to adapt to the NFL game and he will be legit.

John Elway is probably the worst GM in the league. Since Peyton Manning here is his list of QBs, Trevor Sieman, Paxton Lynch, Brock Lobster, and Case Keenum. He also looks like a horse.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-16-2019, 07:02 AM
Yaz, it's like you read my mind. Agree 100% with you on Elway. Dude legit looks like horse face.

Since Lamar is on my team, I truly hope you're right. Watching him struggle as a passer against the Chargers in the playoffs was hard to watch.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Lamar Jackson is my boy. Give him time to adapt to the NFL game and he will be legit.

John Elway is probably the worst GM in the league. Since Peyton Manning here is his list of QBs, Trevor Sieman, Paxton Lynch, Brock Lobster, and Case Keenum. He also looks like a horse.

Elway isn't even close to the worst GM in the league. He won the Super Bowl just 3 years ago.

jmt225
02-16-2019, 04:28 PM
It's not easy to get a good QB, especially when you're usually drafting in the late teens and twenties.

Elway drafted Brock Osweiler over Russell Wilson, but at the time, that didn't seem so nutty. Osweiler was ranked above Wilson on pretty much all draft boards.

Elway drafted Paxton Lynch because he was the 3rd best rated QB in the draft where the first two (Goff and Wentz) went 1 and 2.

Last year, it was either signing Keenum and drafting a potentially top 5 DE for years to come, or drafting Rosen or Josh Allen. I personally think he made the right move since Keenum can play well under the right system.

NOW! With all that said... Joe Flacco? That contract? I have no clue what Elway is thinking. He should have either traded for Foles (who I believe in) or let the team stay with Keenum for another year and target Tua, Herbert, or Fromm next year (or even keep Keenum for two years, get the right pieces, and do whatever needs to done to get Trevor Lawrence in 2021). It just doesn't make sense... I'm truly baffled by this move.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT, and nothing will ever change my mind.

- a totally not biased Green Bay Packers fan

#AbsoluteUnit
02-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Joe Montana is the G.O.A.T. in my opinion.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-07-2019, 10:43 AM
The Ravens released a really good veteran safety in Eric Weddle to save $6M so they could re-sign their... 3rd string blocking TE? And he got his own press conference. Am I missing something?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Now the Browns have traded Kevin Zeitler for... Olivier Vernon? I wanted to see them get Odell Beckham.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Jason La Canfora said the Patriots trade for Josh Rosen because they have Jacoby Brissett, the same QB they traded in 2016.

How do so many "experts" not know the first thing about the sports they're being paid to cover? At the very least, they could do a 5 second Google search.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Jason La Canfora said the Patriots trade for Josh Rosen because they have Jacoby Brissett, the same QB they traded in 2016.

How do so many "experts" not know the first thing about the sports they're being paid to cover? At the very least, they could do a 5 second Google search.

I was misled. After watching the actual video, he clearly meant Brissett's contract with the Colts was coming to an end, and New England should sign him since he has experience. Lesson learned - don't judge a situation until you know the full details.

Yaz
03-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Brisset won't sign to be a backup though. He started for us when Luck was dead last year and was more than serviceable and did solid when he started in New England during Brady's suspension and Jimmy G's injury. Unless he gets confirmation Brady is retiring, he won;t go back to New England.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Goodness there's been a LOT happening in the first week of free agency.

- Cardinals sign Terrell Suggs - I never thought he'd leave Baltimore. Great signing.

- Redskins sign Landon Collins - $84M for a safety who struggles in coverage? Ok then.

- Raiders sign Trent Brown ($16M), Lamarcus Joyner ($10.5M), Antonio Brown ($16M) - But they couldn't pay Khalil Mack?

- Eagles trade for DeSean Jackson - Landon Collins needs to work on his coverage skills.

- Lions sign Trey Flowers - Maybe they'll move up to 3rd place in the division.

- Jets sign C.J. Mosley - Another very talented Alabama defender who struggles in coverage gets $80M. At least Tom Brady will have to retire eventually, right?

- Browns sign Sheldon Richardson, trade for Odell Beckham and Olivier Vernon - From 1-31 to... Super Bowl contenders? That's quite the turnaround.

- Cardinals sign Brett Hundley - If you want to know why Colin Kaepernick won his lawsuit against the NFL, here's all the proof you need.

- Packers sign Adrian Amos, Za'Darius Smith, and Preston Smith - Thanks goodness we fired Ted Thompson.

- Jets sign Le'Veon Bell (4 Year, $52M) - He got $35M guaranteed, but I don't think sitting out last season was worth it.

- Giants self destruct before our eyes - They REALLY should've drafted Sam Darnold.

- Jaguars sign Nick Foles, cut Blake Bortles - Foles was nothing in Kansas City but a Super Bowl MVP in Philadelphia, so I have no clue what to think about this.

Yaz
03-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Steelers finna implode and I'm here for it.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Absolutely. Screw those fools.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-16-2019, 05:20 AM
Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill is the new Joe Montana and Steve Young.

Yaz
03-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Ryan Tanehill is poop.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-16-2019, 10:30 AM
*Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

Storm Trooper
03-17-2019, 06:29 AM
Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill is the new Joe Montana and Steve Young.

You mean Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow...

BestSportsEntertainer
03-17-2019, 06:53 PM
You mean Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow...

I was being sarcastic

#AbsoluteUnit
03-25-2019, 07:56 PM
So...... is my dude Kyler Murray going #1 overall?

Thoughts?

Fire Marshall Bill
03-26-2019, 05:08 PM
I believe so. Take a chance with any draft pick but heâ??s going to have to learn to take a hit in the NFL, unlike RG3.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-26-2019, 05:31 PM
The Cardinals shouldn't give up on Rosen after one season.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-26-2019, 05:50 PM
Agreed with both of you. I just want to see Kyler succeed in the NFL.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Imagine passing on Sam Darnold for a RB and then taking Daniel Jones at 6 the next year. And wasting that RB's prime while Jones likely struggles to develop behind a QB that is ready to retire. The same QB you inexplicably benched for Geno Smith. And letting Dwayne Haskins fall 9 more spots to your rival. And literally not even knowing that Haskins played for a Big Ten school. And trading OBJ but still paying him for the first season. And passing on Josh Allen and Ed Oliver.

Maybe it will all work out for the Giants, but they've made some very questionable moves.

Edit - It's also a joke that Tyreek Hill hasn't already been cut. Kareem Hunt is a saint compared to him.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-26-2019, 02:58 PM
2 of my fellow Sooners got drafted - Murray and Hollywood Brown. It was a good night.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-07-2019, 03:56 AM
I'm an admittedly biased Alabama fan, but placing Dabo Swinney above Nick Saban is ridiculous.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-07-2019, 06:41 AM
^ Who said that?

BestSportsEntertainer
05-07-2019, 05:44 PM
^ Who said that?

https://www.postandcourier.com/columnists/ranking-acc-and-sec-football-coaches-from-no-dabo-swinney/article_87a14b04-650a-11e9-baba-5337e6c27191.html

This guy ranked all the ACC and SEC coaches, and the whole thing is clickbait garbage. Dan Mullen at #3 over Kirby Smart and Jimbo Fisher. Ed Orgeron at #16. Derek Mason over former National Champion Mack Brown.

Edit - But it's getting clicks, so I guess it's working.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Never forget 2014 Georgia beat Missouri 34-0 and STILL lost the division to them

Yaz
05-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Mack Brown should have had more than one Natty to his name, I say that as a Texas fan. He is a good coach, but Derek Mason is out here putting together respectable SEC seasons at a school full of future doctors and lawyers. I'd buy that argument.

Jimbo is a fine coach, but he also lacks the ability to institute any sort of control over his players, just lets them run wild. Mullen did good things at Miss St and in one season had Florida performing close to the levels they experienced under Spurrier, so I can see him being ranked highly as well. It isn't all about wins and losses, you gotta take the program into account as well. I'd argue a coach that goes 7-5 at a mid level P5 program is just as good as one who goes 10-3 at a major P5 program.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Never forget 2014 Georgia beat Missouri 34-0 and STILL lost the division to them

I don't understand this.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-09-2019, 04:13 PM
I don't understand this.

Missouri had 1 conference loss while Georgia had 2.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Mack Brown should have had more than one Natty to his name, I say that as a Texas fan. He is a good coach, but Derek Mason is out here putting together respectable SEC seasons at a school full of future doctors and lawyers. I'd buy that argument.

Jimbo is a fine coach, but he also lacks the ability to institute any sort of control over his players, just lets them run wild. Mullen did good things at Miss St and in one season had Florida performing close to the levels they experienced under Spurrier, so I can see him being ranked highly as well. It isn't all about wins and losses, you gotta take the program into account as well. I'd argue a coach that goes 7-5 at a mid level P5 program is just as good as one who goes 10-3 at a major P5 program.

In 5 years as head coach, Derek Mason hasn't won a bowl game and hasn't had a winning record. I can't put him over someone who's won a National Championship.

Don't forget Mason inherited a program that had back-to-back 9 win seasons under James Franklin and went 3-9 in his first season. It took him 3 years and 31 games to win as many games as Franklin did in his 2nd season. Of course Franklin is a great coach, and it's not easy to have success at Vanderbilt, but Mason could be doing much better.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Missouri had 1 conference loss while Georgia had 2.

Correct. Alabama also had 1 loss unfortunately.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Correct. Alabama also had 1 loss unfortunately.

2014 was Saban's worst team since 2010. Even though we lost to Ohio State, I'm still proud for Blake Sims. He was a lot better than he had any right to be. I'll forever be a fan of Lane Kiffin.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-09-2019, 08:39 PM
That wasn't a knock on Alabama. Their 2014 defense was complete ass, except for Landon Collins. I loved me some Blake Sims, not a traditional Alabama QB, but he played the best he could.

Edit: 2014 was much better overall than the 2010 team. Although 2010 had better offensive players.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-08-2019, 07:04 AM
Donâ??t worry. Theyâ??ll still be ranked #1 all year because SEC.