PDA

View Full Version : Milenko's Graphic Novel Reviews

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-19-2018, 04:23 PM
����MY REVIEWING CRITERIA AND OTHER STUFF����

How Everything Flows Together: The Flow of the comic is what I'll be looking at here. This category may surprise you.

The Storyline: The plot. I'll give a brief overview and my thoughts on it.

Artistry: The art of a comic book is vital to its success. I'll be talking about that here.

re-readability: Whether I would read it again. Anywhere from 0%-100%.

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: What I liked and didn't like about the Graphic Novel. Basically everything above with some things I may not have added.

My Rating: Anywhere between 1 & 5 stars (*) with 1/4 increments.

Final Thoughts: Just some personal thoughts. Doesn't have any bearing on my rating.

Up Next: The next Graphic Novel I will be reviewing.

Old Man Logan be first

Spidey
02-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Sunstone. But I'd prefer if you covered it in all 5 issues or not at all. If you pick it up, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I covered it myself a while back. Like to read your thoughts on it.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-20-2018, 08:50 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51LoG5uYr7L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Unlike some Trade Paperbacks that jump all over the place (some will on this list) this onecwas designed as a single stoey from the get go so that takes care of any issues with this one.

The Storyline: it's 50 years in the future and all the Marvel heroesvare dead and Logan is an old man as well as a pacifist living in what was once California but is now an arid wasteland run by an insane Hulk and his incestuous brood The Hulk Gang. A blind Hawkeye gets Logan to join him in bringing a batch of Super Soldier Serum to DC for The Resistance in order to get enough rent money for The Hulk Gang. Sadly it was a set up by Red Skull's secret police. Hawkeye is killed and Logan is presumed dead and taken to the White House and Red Skull. Logan revives and kills Skull before using pieces of the old Iron Man armor to quickly get back home with the cash. When he gets home he finds his wife and children dead and for the first time in 50 years he pops his claws and kills the entire Hulk Gang including a bat shit insane Bruce Banner. After they're dead he takes a baby Bruce Banner Jr and goes off to fix the world.

Artistry: it looks digitital so it may be but it's still awesome. 10/10

re-readability: I've read it a dozen times already so the re-readability is fairly high

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: I loved everything. A gripping alternate universe story that i couldn't put down. I was done with this inside of 30 minutes

My Rating: * * * * *

Final Thoughts: Just amazing. You owe it to yourself to pick this up. Logan may be based off this story but this is better by far.

Up Next: Batman: A Death in the Family

Sunstone. But I'd prefer if you covered it in all 5 issues or not at all. If you pick it up, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I covered it myself a while back. Like to read your thoughts on it.
I'll grab it when I can. I have a list so i won't forget.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
05-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Batman: A Death in the Family

How Everything Flows Together: It's all one story so it flows like you would expect.

The Storyline: Jason Todd want's to find his birth mother and his journey takes him to Iran where he finds his mother but The Joker has dirt on her and uses her to lure Jason into a trap where he beats him to death. To keep Batman from doing anything Joker then becomes an Iranian Ambassador with Diplomatic Immunity. I'll leave the ending for you.

Artistry: Very well drawn but a bit dated.

re-readability: i'd but ot right in the middle at 50%

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: it was all dated. I just couldn't get sucked into it.

My Rating: * * *3/4 out of 5

Final Thoughts: I love Batman and this was historic in the sense that DC let the fans decide if a major character lives or dies but it's a bit dated.

The main thing I don't really care for in my DC comics is the use of real places, leave that to Marvel. Gotham & Metropolis i like but NY and the UN not so much

Originally printed in 1988 I'm sure people loved the international politics that was throughout the entire thing. Things like the the Lebanese Civil War and Famine in Ethiopia and the Ayatollah Khomeini making The Joker an Iranian Ambassador to the UN. None of that really translates well 30 years later in 2018 though. I do suggest this to any Batman fan for the historic aspect of the fans voting alone but the story is good if a bit dated.

Up Next: A Lonely Place of Dying

Jack-Hammer
05-10-2018, 11:42 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51LoG5uYr7L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Unlike some Trade Paperbacks that jump all over the place (some will on this list) this onecwas designed as a single stoey from the get go so that takes care of any issues with this one.

The Storyline: it's 50 years in the future and all the Marvel heroesvare dead and Logan is an old man as well as a pacifist living in what was once California but is now an arid wasteland run by an insane Hulk and his incestuous brood The Hulk Gang. A blind Hawkeye gets Logan to join him in bringing a batch of Super Soldier Serum to DC for The Resistance in order to get enough rent money for The Hulk Gang. Sadly it was a set up by Red Skull's secret police. Hawkeye is killed and Logan is presumed dead and taken to the White House and Red Skull. Logan revives and kills Skull before using pieces of the old Iron Man armor to quickly get back home with the cash. When he gets home he finds his wife and children dead and for the first time in 50 years he pops his claws and kills the entire Hulk Gang including a bat shit insane Bruce Banner. After they're dead he takes a baby Bruce Banner Jr and goes off to fix the world.

Artistry: it looks digitital so it may be but it's still awesome. 10/10

re-readability: I've read it a dozen times already so the re-readability is fairly high

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: I loved everything. A gripping alternate universe story that i couldn't put down. I was done with this inside of 30 minutes

My Rating: * * * * *

Final Thoughts: Just amazing. You owe it to yourself to pick this up. Logan may be based off this story but this is better by far.

Up Next: Batman: A Death in the Family

I'll grab it when I can. I have a list so i won't forget.

Old Man Logan was one of my favorite storylines of any comic in well over a decade.

Any storyline that really emphasizes the human aspect of Wolverine, the simple fact that he's a flawed human being trying to do the best he can to make up for awful things that he's done in his past is always a good read to me. That aspect and to protect the ones he loves are the constant, key elements of this story and that's never lost among all the battles with post apocalyptic gangs and inbred cannibals. Flawed heroes are simply a lot more fun and more interesting to me than paragons of virtue and black & white morality.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
06-12-2018, 07:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/u6bcrfk.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: pretty good being 1 story.

The Storyline:This is pretty much a direct sequel to A Death In The Family in that it deals with Batman coping with the death of Jason Todd, which is to say not very well. He's taking chances he never would have in the past and has been getting injured so much Alfred actually tells him he doesn't plan plan on spending the rest of his life as a nurse. In comes Tim Drake. Years ago he figured out the secret identities of both Batman & Robin (Dick Grayson) and as such is able to figure out Jason Todd was Robin as well. He spends his half of the story trying to convince Dick to stop being Nightwing and become Robin again thinking that with someone at his side he'll simmer down a bit. Dick refuses saying Robin died with Jason Todd but goes to help Batman hunt Two-Face as Nightwing. Instead of giving up Tim puts on the Robin costume himself and actually saves Batman & Nightwing. After capturing Two-Face Bruce agrees with Tim, Alfred & Dick and agreed to take thing with Tim one day at a time. He becomes the 3rd Robin.

Artistry: Still pretty 80s which is to say good but dated.

re-readability 55%: a bit more than a Death In The Fanily but not by much

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: I liked it. The story showed Batman is in fact human with actual emotions which is nice.

My Rating: * * * * out of 5

Final Thoughts: It's good but nothing to write home about really. Read A Death In The Family if you haven't.

Up Next: The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
06-12-2018, 07:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rjBhza5.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows pretty good. All the issues are right in a row instead of skilling some like they do sometimes.

The Storyline: This one tells the story of Civil War from the view of everyone's favorite webslingerc Spider-Man. He's Tony Stark's right hand arachnid with a new suit not to different from the Iron Man suit when you think about it. At first he's all for thr Superhuman Registration Act, even going so far as to unmask on National TV. Since then he's been having 2nd thoughts and demands to see where the other Superhumans are being kept. Once he realizes it's in the Negative Zone he knows he made a mistake and goes back on National TV to denounce the S.R.A. Parker goes into hiding with Captain America and the others and they get ready. The final battle happens but i don't know how it ends. That's in Civil War

Artistry: much more modern and clean than the last 2.

re-readability: easily 85%

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: i loved it. Who doesn't love a good Spider-Man Comic? The story kept me engrossed and the art was done very well.

My Rating: * * * *1/2 out of 5

Final Thoughts: This was was really enjoyable. I haven't read Civil War yet but this does a great job of telling the story from a certain perspective instead of the broad story trying to get everything in. The one thing that bothered me above all else was how they would do a scene and say wanna find out what's on the tv screen? It's in Civil War 5 & 6 or this scene is in DareDevil #93 if you want to read the rest of it. Being a compilation of individual comics i can understand why they're doing it but it still bothers me.

Up Next: The Road To Civil War

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
06-13-2018, 11:56 AM
https://i.imgur.com/x8pAE4P.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It doesn't. There is 3 different stories all in 1 binding.

The Storyline: there are 3 different ones.

Artistry: All 3 stories were different but I liked it.

re-readability: 10% I've only read it once.

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: it just seemed like a mash up of things that didn't really belong together and that took a lot of enjoyment out of it for me

Final Thoughts: This was passable but barely. Illuminati gave us the rumbles that would become Civil War (as well as set up Planet Hulk) and gave me a look at characters I've never read before as well as one I never knew existed which is always awesome. The art had that sketched look which I enjoyed. Had they added more like this i would love this one as much as I do all the others but i fell on its ass after this.

I may have missed something but The Fantastic Four didn't even belong. It didn't seem to pave the way to Civil War like everything else did so even with good art it just pulled everything down.

Spider-Man added to the other Spider-Man G.N. I have and the end leads right into Civil War.

Spider-Man & Illuminati were highly enjoyable and I recommend getting this for those alone but F4 brought it way down and is unfortunately right in between the 2 .

My Rating: * * out of 5

Up Next: Civil War

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
06-13-2018, 12:11 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/Civil_War_7.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: About as good as ylu'd expect with a songle storyline.

The Storyline: You've all seen the movie right? Instead of Sokovia it's Stamford. Insyead of Tony & Co it's a group of young super heroes that accidently cause a villian named Nitro to blow up an elementary school as well as a few city blocks to get away.

Artistry: Modern and amazing

re-readability: 100%

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: I love the more modern style more.1

Final Thoughts: Mark Millar & Steve McNiven come together to give us quite possibly the biggest event in the Marvel Universe and they hit another one right out of the park.

just like Old Man Logan everything flows together perfectly the modern illustration and the linear storyline makes this one another I can't put down.

Millar & McNiven are quickly becoming my favorite combo in comic books. Their writing and illustration just work, there's no other way I can say it.

My Rating: * * * * * out of 5

Up Next: Flashpoint

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
06-16-2018, 09:14 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Flashpoint_%28DC_Comics%29.png

How Everything Flows Together: Like Old Man Logan & Civil War this is just one novelesque story the split up into parts so it all flows together perfectly.

The Storyline: Anyone who has seen Season 3 of The Flash or the Animated movie Justice League: The Flaspoint Paradox knows the basic storyline. The Flash goes back in time to keep his mother from getting killed and succeeds. In doing so he creates a massive change in the timeline. Superman is missing, Batman is Thomas Wayne instead of Bruce & Cyborg is the American hero. Also Aquaman & Wonder Woman are both completely nuts and have sunk Western Europe & Taken over the UK respectively. Flash goes about getting everything fixed and by the end knows not to mess with the timeline anymore. This was another amazing read and one I could not put down once I picked it up and the Storyline was a big part of that.

Artistry: My favorite kind, it's modern, sleek and will translate well into the future. I enjoyed looking at the illustrations almost as much as reading the story which is a plus in my book.

re-readability: 100%

Why I Liked/Didn't Like It: I loved it. I'm more of a Marvel fan in the fact that most of my favorite superheros growing up were from Marvel but DC is growing on me. I'm excited to read more from the company and see if they can change my mind some more of if Marvel will keep an Iron grip on my heart.

Final Thoughts: If you're a fan of any of the main DC characters I suggest this one as well as all the tie in ones that takes place in the Flashpoint world that are about each individual hero. I don't have those ones yet but I will and I'm rather excited to read them.

My Rating: * * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next: Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-15-2019, 12:40 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Hiketeia.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: This isn't even one storyline spread out over a few comics. It's a one off story so naturally it flows perfectly.

The Storyline: This is described as a modern greek tragedy and after reading it i can see why. A woman kills 4 men in Gotham causing Batman to chase her. She runs to NYC where Diana (Wonder Woman) is her people's ambassador to the UN. Right on her doorstep Danielle performs The Hiketeia, an ancient greek ritual that binds the two women together. Diana takes her as her supplicant and protects her from everyone including Batman when he tracks her to New York. They fight each other until Danielle, seeing only one way to stop everything throws herself off a bridge killing herself.

Artistry: it's not as modern looking as Flashpoint or Old Man Logan but I think it'll still translate alright in 10 or 20 years.

How Much I liked it: had never heard of this one before I saw it at the library so i wasn't sure what to think. Having read it i definitely plan on buying it and adding it to my collection. If you haven't read this i highly suggest it.

My rating: * * * * 3/4 out of 5

Final Thoughts: I was a bit leary about getting these from the library but I'm glad I did. I hope the rest are as good as this one.

Up Next
X-Men: With Great Power

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-15-2019, 12:57 AM
https://iwt.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/cbr-covers/4ef9d1240859408c71edac754d83cff8_xl.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together great except the last one didn't fit. 1-10 was the main story but #11 was about Xavier telling Jubilee a story about a vampire he met so she would be at ease with her own vampirism. Good but out of place.

The Storyline: The X-Men get word that children are going missing in NYC so they go investigate. This puts them in touch with Spider-Man and they all go down to the sewers where the run into some lizard people. It turns out Dark Beast is using Dr. Connors' research to turn the missing children into the lizard people as well as 3 X-Men. Battle happens, good guys win.

Artistry: It's not my favorite. It just looks a bit to amateurish for me to really get into it from an artistic standpoint.

How Much I liked it: i liked the crossover aspect with Spider-Man but the artistry and #11 not belonging reall took it down for me. All things considered it was just slightly above average.

Final Thoughts: A good read if you like X-Men or Spider-Man but look for it at your library before you choose to buy it.

My rating: * * * 1/4 out of 5

Up Next
Superman Codename: Patriot

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-15-2019, 04:00 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6124wRE-kuL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Spread over five different titles it flowed together surprisingly well. The overarching storyline was present and moved forward through all of them.

The Storyline: Superman left Earth for New Krypton to keep an eye on Zod. At the start of the story Zod is shot and the shooter flies to earth followed by Superman & Supergirl. One there they find out there is a massive conspiracy that is trying to start a war between earth & New Krypton.

Artistry: I like it. Everything is clear and really helps the story. Easily one of my favorites despite not being my favorite style.

re-readability: 25%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it except for one thing. It ended without the storyline being finished. An interplanetary war is still on the horizon and now i need to find out where the story ends so i can get a hold of it. That really brings everything down for me.

Final Thoughts: Why not just finish the story? I can't be the only one who got irritated at the fact it left off in the middle.

My Rating: * * out of 5.

Up Next
Batman/Superman: Supergirl

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-15-2019, 04:01 AM
https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1474996053l/29861042._SY475_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: it's all one title so as usual it flows together awesome

The Storyline: Batman finds a Kryptonian ship and in it is Superman's Cousin. Everyone from Superman, Batman and even Wonder Woman add their opinion on how she should be raised. Darkseid kidnaps & brainwashes her into fighting Clark. Batman saves everyone and Kara officially becomes Supergirl.

Artistry: I like it. It seems to have a classic feel to it so while it's not my favorite it's clear and adds to the story instead of distracting me.

re-readability: 88%

How much I Liked It: Like I've said before I really enjoy cross-overs and this is one of my favorites. The story didn't suck me in like Old Man Logan but it did come close.

Final Thoughts: a very good read that i recommend to pretty much everyone. It's perfect for a Batman fan or a Superman fan.

My Rating: * * * *1/2 out of 5

Up Next
Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-15-2019, 11:26 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1gqEGkOLjL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: it's all one title so as usual it flows together awesome.

The Storyline: Lex Luthor and Braniac take control of everything. Superman is Blackmailed into doing nothing while Batman and others rescue The Atom & The Flash and save the world.

Artistry: I'm not a fan. It looks like a 5th grader drew this entire thing and that really threw me off as I was Reading it.

Re-readability: 47%

How much I Liked It: I liked it quite a bit actually. The story is one that i really rnjoyed reading and it does make me want to read the rest of this series but the artistru really took it all down a good bit

Final Thoughts: Great story bad artwork. Well worth the time though.

My Rating : * * * out of 5.

Up Next
All*Star Superman

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 01:56 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71PCELZWyML.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Same as usual it's all one story spread over a dozen comics.

The Storyline: Superman saves a spaceship full of people and gets overloaded with radiation from the sun to the point where it causes his cells to breakdown, eventually killing him. Before that happens he works on his bucket list and prepares the best he can to die. It turns out Luthor is responsible for everything but Superman stops him one last time.

Artistryp/B]: It's alright. It's done well and fits the classic feel they seemed to have been going for.

[B]Re-readability: 85%

How much I Liked It: I liked it quite a bit actually. The story is one that i really enjoyed reading. It kept me sucked in wanting to know what happened throughout the story.

Final Thoughts: Awesome story that really makes me want to watch the animated film again, which you should find if you haven't.

My Rating : * * * * out of 5.

Up Next
Guardians of The Galaxy

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 02:00 AM
https://grahamcrackers.com/catalog/may130599.jpg

How Everything Flows: It all flowed together great until the end where they tacked on Tomorrow's Avengers. It didn't finish the story and the artistry was bad. They should have just left it out.

The Storyline: Starlord & Co have to fight the Badoon as well stop Thanos from destroying earth. Iron Man was also there and call Golden Guardian.

Artistry: It's alright until Tomorrow's Avengers. That one was horrible and really took it down

Re-readability: 49%

How much I Liked It: I liked it quite a bit. I had only seen the movie before this so i didn't have a lot of knowledge about this group going in. After reading it though i definitely want to read more.

Final Thoughts: Awesome story that everyone should read. If you've never read it before it's a good place to start because it goes into a little backstory to start things off.

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5.

Up Next
Hellboy: The Right Hand Of Doom

Alex
07-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Milenko, you should give American Alien a read. It's a series of Superman stories before he officially becomes Superman

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 12:01 PM
Milenko, you should give American Alien a read. It's a series of Superman stories before he officially becomes Superman

That sounds incredibly interesting. I'll see if my library has it tomorrow. I gotta go downtown anyway.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 09:04 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Hellboy_The_Right_Hand_of_Doom.jpg/250px-Hellboy_The_Right_Hand_of_Doom.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It didn't. All this was is a bunch of stand-alone short stories

The Storyline: There's 9 of them. One if them is, i kid you not a 2 page story about Hellboy eating pancakes for the first time.

Artistry: Good Artistry would have helped but sadly we didn't get that either. It was pretty bad.

Re-readability: 0%

How much I Liked It: I didn't care for it at all. When the first story is about pancakes my hopes aren't very high.

Final Thoughts: i picked this up because I had seen the movies. I was a bit leary getting one from a less well known company but decided I would give it a shot because I enjoy a lot of stuff people think is shit. A decision I regret. If you've never read it then don't bother. If you have then I feel your pain.

My Rating : * out of 5.

Up Next
Batman/Superman: The Search For Kryptonite

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 09:04 PM
https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1320561229l/6752131.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: We're back to perfect flow which is nice

The Storyline: Batman & Superman decide to rid the world of Kryptonite. They go around the world and destroy most of it. Then the US government gets involved and Amanda Waller almost kills Clark with Kryptonite weapons as well as a Kryptonite laced Doomsday clone & unmasks Bruce. Turns out Lexcorp provided them with the weapons so they go pay Clark's old flame and new Lexcorp CEO Lana Lang a visit. Something happens i won't spoil for you. The end has Clark giving Bruce the last piece of Kryptonite just in case.

Artistry: Just like the last one in this series it has that classic feel I'm starting to really enjoy that adds to the story.

Re-readability: 90%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it. Again it's perfect for the Batman or Superman fan so it's really enjoyable if you're like me and are fans of both of them.

Final Thoughts: A great change of pace after the last one. After reading these two in the Batman/Superman series I will definitely be on the look out for more

My Rating : * * * *1/2 out of 5

Up Next
Batman '66 Vol. 2

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:10 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61pSc1lqH5L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It was a bunch of short stories based on the old Adam West TV show so as one whole novel it didn't really flow.

The Storyline: There was a bunch of them so I'm not going to detail on all of them. I would be here for a while if I went through all of them

Artistry: It based on Adam West and I have to give them credit Batman really did look like Adam West. The Artistry was very good for what it was.

Re-readability: 2%

How much I Liked It: It was OK but I didn't enjoy the campiness. I get that the old show was campy so this kind of had to be but that kind of stuff just isn't for me.

Final Thoughts: Out of all the reviews I've done this is the first one I just couldn't finish. Even Hellboy I was able to speed read my way through but this I couldn't. The campy nature just kept me from getting sucked in the way I like and when that happens I just don't enjoy it and don't finish. If you're a Batman fan or a fan of the old TV show give this a shot, maybe you'll have better luck than me.

My Rating: * 1/2 out of 5

Up Next
Batman: Vol. 7 Endgame

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:11 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91IteOKL0gL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It all flows together nice.

The Storyline: I don't want to ruin this for anyone who may want to read it.

Artistry: It's got an amazing futuristic feel to that i love. Crisp, clean & awesome

Re-readability: 100%

How much I Liked It: It may be that the last one was that bad but I loved this one. I couldn't put it down.

Final Thoughts: Simply awesome. This is a must read for everyone. If you're a Batman fan you owe it to yourself to find it & read it.

My Rating : * * * * * out of 5

Up Next
Superman: A Celebration of 75 years

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:11 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/819Eil8B9EL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: it was 75 years worth of comics so while this didn't flow llike most of the others it wasn't supposed to.

The Storyline: there were a lot and i enjoyed all of them

Artistry: it ranged from 1938 to 2011 so this varied as well. It was nice to the artistic evolution of Superman though.

Re-readability: 83%

How much I Liked It: I didn't go into this hoping for a single story so that helped keep my enjoyment up quite a bit.

Final Thoughts: This should be high on the list of every Superman fan if they haven't read this. Just seeing the evolution of Superman makes the slightly boring & outdated parts pretty cool to read.

My Rating : * * * * out of 5

Up Next
Civil War: Frontline Vol.1

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:13 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5120ZsxYiDL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: There's actually 2 main stories as well as 2 smaller stories. They flow pretty well ll this considered.

The Storyline: Everything gets tied in a neat bow and doesn't leave any loose ends.

Artistry: Sleek & Modern like the others in the Civil War saga. Still my favorite style.

Re-readability : 97%

How much I Liked It: Nothing has changed between Vol. 1 & Vol. 2. Why they didn't put it all in one edition is beyond me.

Final Thoughts: It was a nice end to a great story. Had it all been in a single binding it may have gotten 5 stars.

My Rating : * * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next
Civil War: Frontline Vol.2

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:14 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Wu5tBn6zL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: There's actually 2 main stories as well as 2 smaller stories. They flow pretty well all this considered.

The Storyline: Everything gets tied in a neat bow and doesn't leave any loose ends.

Artistry: Sleek & Modern like the others in the Civil War saga. Still my favorite style.

Re-readability: 96%

How much I Liked It: Nothing has changed between Vol. 1 & Vol. 2. Why they didn't put it all in one edition is beyond me.

Final Thoughts: It was a nice end to a great story. Had it all been in a single binding it may have gotten 5 stars.

My Rating : * * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next
Stephen King's The Dark Tower The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:14 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/519kgLYZXBL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Flows together awesome like single novelesque stories tend to do.

The Storyline: Roland starts his journey for the Man in Black and comes across a town. He saves some people, people die. He also gets laid.

Artistry: pretty modern. A lot different than I pictured reading the novels.

How much I Liked It: I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Final Thoughts: I picked it up because it caught my eye and I had no idea King had his name on any graphic novels. I'm glad I did though. A must read for any Dark Tower fan or someone new to the series.

Up Next
The New 52 Batman & Robin Vol. 4: Requiem For Damian

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-17-2019, 11:16 PM
5 Stars
Wolverine: Old Man Logan (Marvel)

Civil War (Marvel)

Batman Vol. 7: Endgame (DC)

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Journey Begins (Marvel)

4-5 Stars
Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying (DC)

The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War (Marvel)

Flashpoint (DC)

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (DC)

Batman/Superman: Supergirl (DC)

All*Star Superman(DC)

Batman/Superman: The Search for Kryptonite(DC)

Superman: A Celebration of 75 years (DC)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 1 (Marvel)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 2 (Marvel)

3-4 Stars
Batman: A Death In The Family (DC)

X-Men: With Great Power (Marvel)

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again(DC)

Guardians Of The Galaxy (Marvel)

2-3 Stars
The Road To Civil War (Marvel)

Superman Codename: Patriot (DC)

1-2 Stars
Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom (Dark Horse)

Batman '66 Vol. 2 (DC)

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-24-2019, 12:00 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nCxjCx%2BlL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Flows together awesome like usual

The Storyline: rather similar to A Lonely Place of Dying. Robin is dead only this time it's his son Damian. He goes nuts until his friends pull him off the edge.

Artistry: Crisp, modern & clean.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it immensely. Had i read Vol. 1-3 first i probably would have loved it.

Final Thoughts: something I highly recommend to everyone. You may way want to read the others first though.

My Rating : * * * * 3/4 out of 5

Up Next
Civil War: X-Men

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-24-2019, 12:01 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/21388/FEB072203_2._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

How Everything Flows TogetherTogether: Not as well as others in the Civil War saga. Most of them take place during the Civil War and show how the mutants are handling it but it's a very loose thread tying it all together. The last 2 are dossiers written from the POV of Tony Stark so they could have been left out all together without changing much.

The Storyline: Each title has it's own core story but the it's all within the shadow if the Superhuman Civil War.

Artistry: Each title had a different artist so it varied but nothing was absolutely horrible but it wasn't as clean as i like either.

Re-readability: 55%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it but the different artists and very loose storyline tying it together took me out of the story on occasion.

Final Thoughts: I do recommend it so you can get a different look at the Civil War but it isn't a must buy right now kind of thing.

My Rating : * * * out of 5

Up Next
DareDevil: The Man Without Fear

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-24-2019, 12:02 PM
[Center]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51dzVO9bnJL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows awesome as per the usual.

The Storyline: It's basically an origin story for DareDevil

Artistry: Dark & Gritty much like DareDevil himself. Not usually my favorite but it works here.

Re-readability: 87%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it alot. If you're a DareDevil fan and haven't read it yet go find it soon. You won't be disappointed.

Final Thoughts: I didn't know what to think going in as I wasn't a big fan. I saw the movie but that's it. I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading this and by the end I was anxiously turning pages to see what happened next.

My Rating : * * * * 1/2 out of 5

Up Next
The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-24-2019, 12:03 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81hju-WvfdL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows awesome as per the usual even if the way the segued into thr flashbacks were a tad confusing

The Storyline: Ocean bad guys threaten people while humans don't trust or even like Aquaman very much

Artistry: Modern but not as clean & crisp as I've come to expect from the newer ones.

Re-readability: 57%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it but not being an Aquaman fan took me out of the story a bit.

Final Thoughts: It's ok but not a must read unless you're a huge Aquaman fan otherwise you'll probably face the same thing I did, good but overall meh

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next
Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-28-2019, 10:17 PM
https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/4944961.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It was a bunch of idividual stories so the flow wasn't there like it usually is

The Storyline: The overarching story is May trying to get used to being in high school while taking over for her father (Spider-Man) as a superhero

Artistry: It was made to look like one of those old comic strips in the news paper from the coloring to how the paper it was printed on looked. It gave it a nice old school look and feel to it which was pretty cool.

Re-readability: 60%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it. The only small problem I had was the lack of flow between stories.

Final Thoughts: Go ahead and grab this one for a read but unless your a huge Marvel fan in general and a Spider-Man (or Girl) specifically it's not a must read.

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next
Supergirl Book One

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-28-2019, 10:18 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91RQsgpMD7L.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It has an underlying story spread throughout a bunch of individual stories so the flow is just decent.

The Storyline: The overarching story is that a Protoplasmic version of Supergirl melds with a girl named Linda Danvers and can now shift between both forms. Supergirl now has to deal with having all these human emotions as well as Linda's dark past.

Artistry: It was good. Not as modern as I like but this 90s style is growing on me fast.

Re-readabilityo/B]: 25%

[B]How much I Liked It: It wasn't bad but it's not that good either.

Final Thoughts: This is a very weird read. I spent to much time being confused to really get immersed in the story.

My Rating : * *1/4 out of 5

Up Next
Batgirl: Silent Running

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-28-2019, 10:18 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510HJQCZ4VL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: We're back to it being a single story that flows pretty awesome.

The Storyline: The new Batgirl has to fight her past as an assassin while fighting crime.

Artistry: Another with the newspaper comic strip style that's awesome.

Re-readability: 70%

How much I Liked It: I really enjoyed it. Another one I would recommend to any DC fan.

Final Thoughts: I'm always down for learning new things which I probably why I rated this so high.

My Rating : * * * *1/4 out of 5

Up Next
Gotham Academy Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-28-2019, 10:19 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51FqwaKioOL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Some flow flow good while some flow like a stopped up sewage pipe. Luckily this one flowed smooth

The Storyline: The story follows Olive Silverlock as she starts another year at the prestigious Gotham Academy prep school with a bad case of amnesia. Hijinks ensue and we get some scenes with Batman and/or Killer Croc

Artistry: It's got a modern kid friendly style to the artistry which is pretty cool.

Re-readability: 80%

How much I Liked It: I really enjoyed it. I recommend this series to any Batman fan who doesn't mind a more kid oriented story.

Final Thoughts: I skipped over the first time I saw it at the library because it looked like something for kids. It is but I enjoyed it anyway. I'm glad I picked it up and can't wait to read Vol. 2 but I need to take a little detour first.

Up Next
Superman: Red Son (Recommend by Lee)

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-28-2019, 10:20 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Phw2M63RL._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
(Recommended by Lee)​

How Everything Flows Together: Perfect flow like all the other Mark Millar Graphic Novels I've read.

The Storyline: I don't want to spoil this for anyone so I'm just gonna leave you with what got me excited to read this one.

Superman is a Communist

Artistry: Modern yet classic it's perfect for the story being told.

How much I Liked It: I absolutely loved it. I recommend this not just to the Superman fans but DC fans in general as this story has Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Batman

Final Thoughts: What can I say but Thank You Lee for recommending this to me. I was a bit leary buying something I never heard of but I'm glad I did.

Up Next
Gotham Academy Vol. 2: Calamity

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-29-2019, 01:34 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51jwByjnFSL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: The first story follows a secondary character & Damien Wayne. It didn't really need to be there but everything else flowed like you would've expected.

The Storyline: Olive's mother passed away and she's dealing with it the best she can. More Hijinks ensue and instead of Batman & Killer Croc we get Professor Strange & Clayface

Artistry: Same as the other one. It's got a modern kid friendly style to the artistry.

Re-readability: 58%

How much I Liked It: I really enjoyed it. I recommend this series to any Batman fan who doesn't mind a more kid oriented story.

Final Thoughts: This would have been identical to the first one except the first story just wasn't needed. Still a great read even with it.

My Rating : * * * 3/4 out of 5

Up Next
The New 52 Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-29-2019, 01:34 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51S7myHhVoL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It was a bunch of individual stories so there was no flow at all

The Storyline: There's a bunch of these too. Happens in a volume like this

Artistry: All were a bit different but I would classify them as modern with a touch of grittiness to them. It fit nicely.

Re-readability: 48%

How much I Liked It: I really liked it. If you see it pick it up, it's pretty good.

Final Thoughts: I was bummed when I found out it wasn't a single story but don't let that stop you from reading it. It wasn't awful by any means.

My Rating : * * * 1/4 out of 5

Up Next
Batgirl Vol. 1: Batgirl of Burnside

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-29-2019, 01:37 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51wq7FsK78L._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Much better than the last one. This one at least had a single story even if it did get irritating at times

The Storyline: Barbara Gordon (AKA Batgirl) moves to the hipster chic section of Gotham called Burnside to go to college. Her reputation precedes her and in the midst of dates, classes and being 21 she still have to fight crime

Artistry: It was modern with a hipster vibe to it so it works well with the story.

Re-readability: 42%

How much I Liked It: It was ok. Almost quite about 1/4 of the way through because it was just to much hipster for me but I toughed it out

Final Thoughts: It gets a lot better as it gets to the end. I would only recommend to the Batgirl fan as she is the only hero in it besides Black Canary in a supporting roll

My Rating : * * * out of 5

Up next
Ms. Marvel: No Normal

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-29-2019, 07:42 PM
https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1413031883i/20898019._UY475_SS475_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together pretty awesome

The Storyline: Teenager Kamala Khan gets caught in a mist that gives her super powers and she has to learn how to deal with them while also dealing with her strict Pakistani Muslim parents

Artistry: It actually looks like it drawn by hand instead of done on a computer which is nice to see every once in a while

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I would recommend this to anyone who asked about it.

Final Thoughts: I first heard of this particular character through the last Battle Zone Tournament so I picked up all 4 of them when I saw them. i had no idea what to expect so when I saw she was Muslim I was honestly surprised. a great read and i have high hopes for the other 3 I have coming up.

Up Next
Ms. Marvel: Generation Why

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-29-2019, 07:44 PM
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/263458942864_/Ms-Marvel-Vol-2-Generation-Why-Marvel.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together pretty awesome. I'm going to say this for all of them

The Storyline: Kamala Khan (AKA Ms. Marvel) has to find someone called The Inventor while still dealing with her parents. Wolverine makes a small apperance

Artistry: A little bit more 'rustic' than the last one but still good

Re-readability: 97%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it. I would recommend this to anyone who asked about it

Final Thoughts: Just as good as the last one minus the slight decrease in artistry

My Rating : * * * * 1/2 out of 5

Up Next
Kingdom Come
(recommended by @Smarkmouth)​

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-29-2019, 08:01 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51lYzYrvKQL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
(recommended by @Smarkmouth)​

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together pretty awesome.

The Storyline: Spectre and Norman McCray look at a future where all the traditional heros like Superman & Wonder Woman have retired and leave the world to a more blood thirsty, violent kind of hero that doesn't care about who they hurt.

Artistry: Perfect and just what it needed to be. The older heros actually looked older and everything was crisp and clean.

How much I Liked It: Kingdom Come continues the trend of recommendations that I was unsure of but I am glad I bought. It was amazing and a great read

Final Thoughts: Another I would recommend to anyone who is a DC fan. a great read and well worth the money

Up Next
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 1: Freefall

smarkmouth
07-30-2019, 05:45 AM
Ha! Forgot I suggested that. Ages ago, yeah? Either way, glad you enjoyed it. Still my favourite DC book, I think.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
07-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Ha! Forgot I suggested that. Ages ago, yeah? Either way, glad you enjoyed it. Still my favourite DC book, I think.
It's tied with Blackest Night as my #1 DC book so far

Alex
07-30-2019, 04:27 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Phw2M63RL._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
(Recommended by Lee)​

How Everything Flows Together: Perfect flow like all the other Mark Millar Graphic Novels I've read.

The Storyline: I don't want to spoil this for anyone so I'm just gonna leave you with what got me excited to read this one.

Superman is a Communist

Artistry: Modern yet classic it's perfect for the story being told.

How much I Liked It: I absolutely loved it. I recommend this not just to the Superman fans but DC fans in general as this story has Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Batman

Final Thoughts: What can I say but Thank You Lee for recommending this to me. I was a bit leary buying something I never heard of but I'm glad I did.

Up Next
Gotham Academy Vol. 2: Calamity

I love Red Son. It's great. I love the ending. I'm not a massive Superman fan but it and American Alien (which you still need to read hint hint) are definitely enjoyable. There's also the alternate reality of the Justice League called the Crime Syndicate of America. I remember enjoying that as a kid

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 07:42 AM
https://d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers/600/18/18165.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together pretty awesome.

The Storyline: Buffy and The Scoobies have to deal with the fallout from Season 8. Buffy lives in San Francisco and weird things start to happen. Oh and at the end of season 8 Buffy kills magic.

Artistry: Perfect and just want it needed to be. Everyone looks like who they're supposed to which is a very good thing. I would have been annoyed otherwise.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it but seeing how I didn't read season 8 I was left rather confused.

Final Thoughts: Read if you're a Buffy fan but find & read season 8 first.

Up Next
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 2: On Your Own

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 07:42 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510kTrdU7dL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together pretty awesome except for the last one. It was a spoof on Sigourney Weaver and Aliens

The Storyline: Buffy deals with Willow being gone and her rookies possibly kicking her out. She finds out she's actually a robot and then Spike, her and Andrew have to find her body after it gets kidnapped.

Artistry: Perfect and just want it needed to be. Everyone looks like who they're supposed to which is a very good thing. I would have been annoyed otherwise.

Role-readability: 90%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it a lot more than the last one. Probably because I knew the back story and they didn't delve to deep into season 8.

Final Thoughts: Still a must read of any Buffy fan. Season 8 isn't necessary but Vol 1 is

Up Next
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 3: Guarded

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 07:43 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91Dr2mHbr0L._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together pretty awesome except for the last one. Although it did tie in it just didn't seem to belong

The Storyline: Buffy goes to work with all the ex-slayers at their security firm. She has trouble separating Slayer from bodyguard

Re-readability: 86%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it and thought it was a nice continuation of the story

Final Thoughts: Still a must read of any Buffy fan. Season 8 isn't necessary but Vol 1 & 2 are

Up Next
Troublemaker Book 1

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 11:43 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515mbPmloxL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It's It's part 1 of a 2 part story so it flows great. Even the sudden stop is done well

The Storyline: Alex Barnaby & Sam Hooker have to find someone while dodging a voodoo cult in Miami

Artistry: I didn't really know what to expect going in but I like it.

Re-readability: 82%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it a lot.

Final Thoughts: I picked this up because Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors and was surprised she had a graphic novel out. It's the 3rd story in her Barnaby & Hooker series and translates well into this new format.

Up Next
Troublemaker Book 2

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 11:45 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61DdyF-XKDL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It's the 2nd half of a single story so aside from picking up in the middle of flows great.

The Storyline: Alex Barnaby & Sam Hooker find the person they're looking for, but now have to deal with the cult.

Artistry: Just like the last one I liked it.

Re-readability: 83%

How much I Liked It:l: I enjoyed it a lot.

Final Thoughts: a great finish to an awesome story. I just wish it wasn't split into 2 parts.

Up Next
The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 11:47 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/915b4jm2etL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: Flows like free beer at a frat party.

The Storyline: Set in The Dresden Files universe PI & Wizard Harry Dresden has to find out who has been killing people at the Chicago Zoo before they kill a gorilla named Moe

Artistry: When the author himself says the artwork is how he envisioned his characters I really can't complain.

How much I Liked It: This is my kind of story, I loved it.

Final Thoughts: It's been a while since I said this but this is a must read for any fan of The Dresden Files or if you just like stories with magic. I can't say it got me hooked on the series but it came close. I'll definitely be buying a novel or 2, those things are everywhere.

Up Next
The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 1

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 11:48 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51FGQ4FEF6L._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: it really doesn't because this is a collection of single comics each with it's own small plot

The Storyline: There are way to many to list here

Artistry: Old school but i really liked it.

How much I Liked It: Despite it not being a single story and the art being dated (this collection was from '59-'61) I absolutely loved it.

Final Thoughts: I don't normally give collections like this 5 stars but this one collection skyrocketed Green Lantern up to 1st place on my list of DC superheroes(tied with Batman) and 2nd favorite over all (again tied with Batman. Wolverine will always be #1). When a book does that it gets full marks from me.

Up Next
Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 11:48 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91JYQ823TnL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together perfectly.

The Storyline: not to much detail to go into here. The Danger Room at Xavier's mansion becomes sentient and tries to destroy the X-Men. By the end of the book they end up on the Island of Genosha where they meet up with the professor and battle the A.I. for the last time

Artistry: a bit campy for me but not to bad.

How much I Liked It: I've been an X-Men fan since i watched the cartoon in the early 90s so I really enjoyed it.

Final Thoughts: Not having any of the backstory from volumes 1-6 made this one a tiny bit difficult to get through. Still a great read though.

My Rating : * * * *1/4 out of 5

Up Next
Ultimate Fantastic Four

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 10:35 PM
https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/600889.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: flows together perfectly

The Storyline: this volume tells the tail of how The Fantastic 4 became fantastic and how they're coping as well as their first fight with Victor Von Damme(Doom)

Artistry: Not what I remember from the only other F4 G.N. I've read but that's probably because it's a different artist. On the whole not bad at all even if it is a bit weird for me.

How much I Liked It: I've never been a huge F4 fan but I enjoyed this. Probably because I've enjoyed everything I've read that has Mark Millar's name attatched to it.

Final Thoughts: definitely worth a read if your a F4 fan or a fan of Mark Millar. I'm still not a huge F4 fan but this helped bump them up the list by a wide margin.

Up Next
Daredevil: Yellow

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 10:35 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51sGcWi73HL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It's all one story so as usual the flow is good

The Storyline: It's basically another origin story for DareDevil only this time it's in one long flashback in the form of a bunch of letters to his dead girlfriend with each section being one letter.

Artistry: to amateurish for my taste. It looked like something a bored middle schooler would sketch instead of paying attention in history class.

Re-readability: 15%

How much I Liked It: It's ok. I was already aware of D.D.'s origins so this is nothing new and I didn't really care for the fact it was a bunch of love letters.

Final Thoughts: Don't bother with this if you're already up to date with the Origins of DareDevil. It'll just be a waste of your time.

My Rating : * * out of 5

Up Next
Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates: Death of Spider-Man

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 10:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q1HlcMd.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows pretty good which i think will be the norm for the rest of these.

The Storyline: Someone is selling super soilders to other countries and managed to pit Carol Danvers and The Ultimates against Nick Fury and his Avengers. During the big battle in NYC between the 2 teams Spider-Man takes a bullet meant for Captain America and as the title gives away he dies. The bad guy gets stopped and the good guys wonder if the ends justify the means.

Artistry: Dark and gritty for a graphic novel that seemed to have a dark and gritty tone. I liked it.

Re_readability: 80%

How much I Liked It: while i didn't have the backstory from the previous instalments in The Ultimates series the action was enough to keep me hooked.

Final Thoughts: Another one with Mark Millar's name on it that's a great read. You're safe to read anything with his name on it.

Up Next
The Ultimates

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-01-2019, 10:38 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51PqL2OxaIL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows perfectly like I've come to expect from Mark Millar.

The Storyline: Details the set up of The Ultimates and their first fight with a crazed and jealous Hulk who tries to kill Betty Ross and I kid you not Freddie Prinze JR. They also fight the Chitauri who are nothing like the cannon fodder they are in the movies. Here they're a lot more sinister. Cap also beats Hank Pym half to death for being a wife beating, pill popping douche canoe outside of a Chicago pub I swear I've been to before.

Artistry: Simply put Bryan Hitch is an amazing artist. It's some of the best art work I've seen.

How much I Liked It: Another Mark Millar must read. I loved this one from start to finish amidst the variety of feels Millar is great at conveying

Final Thoughts: What can I say that I haven't said about a Mark Millar graphic novel already. The man is great at what he does.

Up Next
Ultimate X-Men

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 02:44 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51r0RX4VWJL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows perfectly like I've come to expect from Mark Millar.

The Storyline: Details the set up of The X-Men just like The Ultimates set up that group. First 6 stories details their fight with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants while the next 6 deal with their kidnapping and escape from a Weapon X facility in Finland. There's also a bonus story from 1975 that's pretty cool.

Artistry: Not as good as Bryan Hitch but still above average. Love the way Wolverine was done in this one.

Re-readability: 92%

How much I Liked It: It didn't make me feel the feels like The Ultimates did but it was an awesome read nonetheless.

Final Thoughts: I've read a bunch if X-Men stories doing this but this one just may be my favorite.

Up Next
Ultimate Avengers: Crime & Punishment

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 02:47 PM
https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1404923519l/8481983.jpg

The Storyline: The Avengers (consisting of The Punisher, Hawkeye, War Machine, Black Widow & Tyrone Cash (The First Hulk) are tasked with killing someone who has been offing some of the richest men in America. That someone is The Ghost Rider and he's killing these men for a very specific reason.

Artistry: Gritty and a bit dark which I'm starting to loke.

How much I Liked It: Enjoyed every page. I'm a fan of everyone in this book so that makes it easier for me

Final Thoughts: it doesn't really tie in to anything else by the looks of it but it's a great stand alone and Ghost Rider is awesome in this.

Up Next
Ultimate Avengers: Next Generation

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 02:48 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ms7PmN7gL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Storyline: Captain America goes rogue when he meets The Red Skull and finds out the villian is his own son. The Avengers are assembled to stop him as well as get something back from Red Skull he stole from Reed Richards.

Artistry: Clean & crisp which is how I like it.

How much I Liked It: Enjoyed every page.

Final Thoughts: another must read that made me feel some feels. By the end I actually felt bad for Red Skull.

Up Next
The Amazing Spider-Man #200

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 02:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/t83NjpX.jpg
(recommended by John McCass)

How Everything Flows Together: It's a single comic so it flows together nice

The Storyline: Mysterio has shot Spider-Man with something that takes his powers away at the same time his Uncle's killer comes back to NYC looking for something in the Parker house. Spider-man must save his aunt and avenge his Uncle's murder (that he could have prevented but didn't)

Artistry: very dated. It's ok but not anywhere near my favorite.

Re-readability: 49%

How much I Liked It: It was ok. The lack of back story is what killed it for me. Action was good though so it wasn't to bad

Final Thoughts: This made me realize why I don't do single edition comics. In order for me to get the whole backstory I would have to go back and read a few more which is a pain in the ass on my computer. I much prefer someone else combines them into one book than doing it this way.

My Rating : * * * 1/4 out of 5

Up Next
X-Men: Second Coming Revelations

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 08:26 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ZpIojIuRL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows ok. It's not a single title but it does have a single overarching storyline that brings it all together.

The Storyline: Mutantkind is on the brink of extinction but are fighting for the survival of the species

Artistry: There's actually a few different styles but none of them are bad to the point that it takes anything away.

How much I Liked It: I liked it but that's probably because of my love for everything X-Men more than anything else.

Final Thoughts: It was ok but without the ones Justin said comes before this one I was a bit lost. Read them in order or risk confusion.

Up Next
Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 08:27 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51pfuNc1pgL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It flows pretty good

The Storyline: Emma Frost & Scott Summers move everyone from New York to San Francisco where they face the same trouble they had before.

Artistry: Very realistic. I actually thought some of the scenes had photos in them.

How much I Liked It: I liked it but that's again that's probably because of my love for everything X-Men more than anything else.

Final Thoughts: Well worth the read if you got some time to kill.

Up Next
Wolverine: Get Mystique

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 08:28 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51H0wrp4ltL.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It's all a single story

The Storyline: Wolverine chases Mystique around the world while we (the reader) get a glimpse into their history.

Artistry: Dark & Gritty which really suited this Graphic novel.

Re-readability: 88%

How much I Liked It: I love everything Wolverine and this was no exception.

Final Thoughts: Only one thing bothered me. They said Mystique betrayed the X-Men a few times and that's why Wolverine wants to kill her but they never said what exactly she did, which bothers me just a little bit.

Up Next
Thor

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 08:29 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/223816/223816._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: perfectly except for the last few short stories that didn't have anything to do with the main story

The Storyline: The main storyline is that Odinson is unable to lift the hammer after Nick Fury whispers something in his ear. However a strange woman does pick it up and is now the new Thor. Odin wants the hammer back and goes a bit nuts trying to do so including sending The destoyer to Midgard to get it. Odinson spends his time trying to figure out who the new Thor is.

Artistry: Very good for the main story. The short stories ranged from meh to just silly.

Re-readability: 85%

How much I Liked It: One of the newer Graphic Novels I've read (2014) but it was very good. The comic industry is very good at keeping up with the times.

Final Thoughts: Well worth the read, especially if you don't know who the new Thor is and want to find out..

Up Next
Get Jiro

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 08:30 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/513vVnO8UdL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It's all a single storyline so it flows well

The Storyline: LA is now run by chefs. The culinary industry is the only industry left and 2 chefs control everything. In steps Jiro, a man hell bent on taking them down so great food can be accessible to everyone.

Artistry: Very good & it suit the story perfectly.

How much I Liked It: Being a chef & a fan of Anthony Bourdain I absolutely loved it.

Final Thoughts: A must read for anyone who loves a more out there grahic novel. You won't be disappointed.

Up Next
The New 52 Batman: The Court of Owls

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-02-2019, 08:35 PM
5 Stars
Wolverine: Old Man Logan (Marvel)

The Ultimates (Marvel)

Ultimate Avengers: Next Generation (Marvel)

Get Jiro(Vertigo)

The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle (Del Rey Books)

Civil War (Marvel)

Ultimate Avengers: Crime & Punishment (Marvel)

The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 1 (DC)

Ms. Marvel: No Normal (Marvel)

Batman Vol. 7: Endgame (DC)

Kingdom Come (DC (recommended by @Smarkmouth))

Superman: Red Son (DC (Recommend by Lee))

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Journey Begins (Marvel)

4-5 Stars
The New 52 Batman & Robin Vol. 4: Requiem For Damian (DC)

Ultimate X-Men (Marvel)

Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying (DC)

Troublemaker Book 1 (Dark Horse)

Troublemaker Book 2 (Dark Horse)

Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous (Marvel)

Ms. Marvel: Generation Why (Marvel)

Batgirl: Silent Running (DC)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 3: Guarded (Dark Horse)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 2: On Your Own (Dark Horse)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 1: Freefall (Dark Horse)

Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates: Death of Spider-Man (Marvel)

X-Men: Second Coming Revelations (Marvel)

The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War (Marvel)

Gotham Academy Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy (DC)

Thor (Marvel)

Flashpoint (DC)

DareDevil: The Man Without Fear (Marvel)

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (DC)

Batman/Superman: Supergirl (DC)

All*Star Superman(DC)

Batman/Superman: The Search for Kryptonite(DC)

Superman: A Celebration of 75 years (DC)

Wolverine: Get Mystique (Marvel)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 1 (Marvel)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 2 (Marvel)

3-4 Stars
Civil War: X-Men (Marvel)

The Amazing Spider-Man #200 (Jan 1980 (Marvel))
(recommended by John McCass)

Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny (Marvel)

Batman: A Death In The Family (DC)

Gotham Academy Vol. 2: Calamity (DC)

Ultimate Fantastic Four (Marvel)

X-Men: With Great Power (Marvel)

The New 52 Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift (DC)

The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench (DC)

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again(DC)

Batgirl Vol. 1: Batgirl of Burnside (DC)

Guardians Of The Galaxy (Marvel)

Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies (Marvel)

2-3 Stars
The Road To Civil War (Marvel)

Supergirl: Book 1 (DC)

Superman Codename: Patriot (DC)

Daredevil: Yellow (Marvel)

1-2 Stars
Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom (Dark Horse)

Batman '66 Vol. 2 (DC)

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-03-2019, 04:45 PM
I got bored of just copying & pasting my old review so i got 2 new ones to do before i start that back up again.

https://i.imgur.com/ZQYES2G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/foD3E0M.jpg

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-05-2019, 08:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/B6nhE0k.jpg

How Everything Flows Together: It's all one story so it flows like you would expect

The Storyline: Blak Bolt makes his way home after being imprisoned. He has to notify his friend's wife of his death as well as come to terms with his padt.

Artistry: a little bit rough but very well done at the same time.

Re-readability: 73%

How much I Liked It: Despite not knowing much about the characters or the backstory I liked it a good bit.

Final Thoughts: The lack of backstory kept it going any higher but don't let that stop you as it's enjoyable on it's own.

Up Next
The Man Who Laughs

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-06-2019, 06:12 PM
It seems that I get free Kindle Books as part of Prime. I just downloaded World War Hulk so i'll be doing that soon.

klunderbunker
08-09-2019, 09:26 PM
It seems that I get free Kindle Books as part of Prime. I just downloaded World War Hulk so i'll be doing that soon.

You can get a certain wrestling writer's books from there too. He uh, happens to get paid more if you read them on Kindle than if you buy the books themselves too.

I assure you the following link has nothing to do with this whatsoever:

https://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Hall/e/B00E6282W6/

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-16-2019, 01:01 PM
The Man Who Laughs didn't interest me at all so i returned it and in it's place i grabbed something I've wanted to read & review for a while now so I'm actually excited.

https://i.imgur.com/yOgOIJ1.jpg

smarkmouth
08-18-2019, 08:07 AM
If V whets your appetite for more literary graphic novels, you have to read through Y The Last Man. It's 10 books and you have it in sequence. It's by and large one of my favourite reads.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-18-2019, 10:53 AM
If V whets your appetite for more literary graphic novels, you have to read through Y The Last Man. It's 10 books and you have it in sequence. It's by and large one of my favourite reads.
I've actually read them already. I just need to move them over from WZ

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
08-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Y the last man Vol 1 (https://forums.wrestlezone.com/posts/5750151/)

Vol. 2 (https://forums.wrestlezone.com/posts/5750251/)