PDA

View Full Version : EWR Goodness

Slyfox696
10-25-2018, 07:38 PM
With Spidey recently doing an EWR fantasy booking thread, it got me back into the game as well. Unfortunately, software for it (such as game download and editors) can be hard to find anymore, given the age of the game. So I went through all my stuff and found everything I have for the game and have put it on a Google Site. If anyone is interested, you are more than welcome to download and play this game. And if you have any questions, feel free to post them.

https://sites.google.com/view/slyfox696ewrdownloads/home

smarkmouth
10-26-2018, 05:24 PM
So damn tempted, so little free time...

#AbsoluteUnit
10-26-2018, 05:46 PM
I have no idea what this is. Could someone give me a little detail on what this is?

smarkmouth
10-26-2018, 05:56 PM
In short, it's an incredibly detailed promotion simulator. You're in charge of everything from attaining sponsors right down to feuds and angles. Great game!

#AbsoluteUnit
10-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Awesome. I'll check this out later.

Slyfox696
10-27-2018, 07:39 AM
So damn tempted, so little free time...
The good thing about EWR is it loads really quickly and you can play in your little free time.

I have no idea what this is. Could someone give me a little detail on what this is?You take control of a wrestling promotion. You get to hire staff, hire wrestlers, plan TV shows and PPVs, build feuds, etc. It is really fun. It's a really small download, check it out and see for yourself.

It was released in 2002, but if you don't mind playing with older rosters at the start, you can the hang of it and see if you enjoy it. If you do enjoy it, there are community mods which can allow you to get present day rosters. And the mods are REALLY easy to install (literally just copy and paste like 5 files).

a0161613
10-30-2018, 01:17 AM
I feel obliged to say that I loved EWR and will always be grateful for Sly putting the link on WZ but I would encourage anyone to try the TEW series, if you like EWR.

Slyfox696
10-30-2018, 07:46 PM
I feel obliged to say that I loved EWR and will always be grateful for Sly putting the link on WZ but I would encourage anyone to try the TEW series, if you like EWR.

I tried TEW, it was just too involved for me. Plus I played on their free version which they deliberately slowed and I just didn't think it was that good of an experience.

a0161613
10-31-2018, 07:56 AM
That's fair. I struggled with the demo then played the 2005 version before getting the 2010 version dirt cheap. So now it's not a big deal for me.

Spidey
10-31-2018, 01:23 PM
I love TEW's format compared to EWR, and sometimes the little details are nice to look at, but it takes me hours to prep for one show. They definitely share pros and cons.

Excellent thread, Sly. I can't suggest this enough for those that like tinkering with wrestling tycoonesque games. It's free - huge selling point my dudes.

smarkmouth
01-11-2019, 09:51 PM
I caved. Or at least I tried to. Anyone know how I could get EWR working on a Chromebook? Tried an app that came highly reviewed called Crossover, but it disagrees.

I blame Yaz and Spidey for this.

Slyfox696
01-14-2019, 08:51 AM
I caved. Or at least I tried to. Anyone know how I could get EWR working on a Chromebook? Tried an app that came highly reviewed called Crossover, but it disagrees.

I blame Yaz and Spidey for this.
It's a really fun game if you can get it working. Not sure about how to do it on a Chromebook though.

smarkmouth
01-19-2019, 08:48 PM
It's a really fun game if you can get it working. Not sure about how to do it on a Chromebook though. Indeed, Yaz and Spidey really got me hankering for some nostalgia. By all intents and purposes the emulator I downloaded SHOULD run such a simple game, but, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Yaz
01-20-2019, 01:11 AM
I actually spent like twenty minutes looking, and there are some crossover programs you can try but none of them had very many reviews so I wouldn't exactly trust them.

smarkmouth
01-20-2019, 08:03 AM
You're a good man. I downloaded the one crossover app that I found decent reviews for, and felt lucky when it simply didn't work rather than crash my laptop.

Miko
01-29-2019, 04:02 AM
I used to love this, no computer access anymore sadly been desperate to find a phone compatible version of this or something similar

Slyfox696
01-29-2019, 08:34 AM
I used to love this, no computer access anymore sadly been desperate to find a phone compatible version of this or something similarAs strange as it sounds, I've been wanting a way to play it on mobile for a long time as well. Not sure if there is such a thing.

Miko
01-29-2019, 02:01 PM
As strange as it sounds, I've been wanting a way to play it on mobile for a long time as well. Not sure if there is such a thing.

I have done some googling but can’t really find anything. As someone who knows next to nothing about software I couldn’t imagine it would be the hardest task to make that game mobile friendly. God I miss it, mobile would be the perfect platform for it too, got half an hour to kill? Book a show

Slyfox696
01-29-2019, 02:37 PM
I have done some googling but can’t really find anything. As someone who knows next to nothing about software I couldn’t imagine it would be the hardest task to make that game mobile friendly. God I miss it, mobile would be the perfect platform for it too, got half an hour to kill? Book a show
The problem is the source code is not open and the creator is working with another software company to make a similar product. So the only way to make it mobile friendly is if someone rebuilt the game from scratch or if Ryland were to modify it, neither of which is likely to happen.

Miko
01-29-2019, 02:59 PM
The problem is the source code is not open and the creator is working with another software company to make a similar product. So the only way to make it mobile friendly is if someone rebuilt the game from scratch or if Ryland were to modify it, neither of which is likely to happen.

Oh, well that’s sad, I’ll keep my ear to the ground for a mobile alternative but I don’t hold out much hope, not for something that can suck me in the way that used to anyway

chris15hemsworth
07-19-2019, 07:05 AM
The is so informative. This is more helpful for our
software testing training in chennai (https://www.zuaneducation.com/software-testing-training-course)
selenium training in chennai (https://www.zuaneducation.com/selenium-training-chennai)
software testing class (https://www.webdesigningcourse.in/software-testing-training-in-chennai.html)