PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Chat

Pages : [1] 2

Yaz
02-20-2018, 06:50 AM
What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What do you dislike? All video game related chat is welcome.

Right now 99% of my gaming is taken up my PUBG. It is a fun game and one that should only improve once the Xbox version catches up to the PC version in full release. I did recently get Monster Hunter World and plan to start that this week as well.

Next month I have two games coming out that I am really looking forward to. Far Cry 5 and Sea of Thieves. Far Cry has been a solid series for me over the years and while it can be repetitive, the story in this one really peaks my interest. Sea of Thieves is pirates, and I have always been a fan of pirates. In high school a friend and I dressed as pirates to give a presentation for our sociology class and I have always had a soft spot for MMOs. Hopefully this delivers.

For Norcs and Barbs, there is a game launching soon that the two of you may be interested in. Kingdom Come Deliverance. It has peaked my interest a bit with the promise of an authentic representation of live in the the Holy Roman Empire. I always enjoy RPGs, and if they can deliver on their promises, I think this could be a hit. I'll link to the site for those who want to check it out.

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 06:51 AM
I've watched Shroud play Sea of Thieves on Twitch for an hour or two and I STILL don't understand what the point of the game is.

Right now, I've been playing quite a bit of Team Fortress 2. It's an old game, full of cheaters and cheesiness, but I still enjoy it nonetheless.

JGlass
02-20-2018, 07:00 AM
I'm intrigued by Far Cry 5 because I'm interested to see how they include all the crazy stuff they have over the years while basing the game in America. It made sense that you could drive around wherever you want, shoot tigers with rocket launchers, and jump off the top of a mountain in the last two games because they took place in chaotic nations with no government, but how is Far Cry 5 going to logically explain why the American government isn't doing anything about the cult-run town or the insane person that's trying to stop them by stealing cars, shooting military-grade weaponry, and murdering the local wildlife in order to make a quiver that holds more arrows.

Surprised people are still playing Team Fortress 2, Sly, especially when Overwatch is a thing. A great thing.

Fallout
02-20-2018, 07:17 AM
As someone who used to play TF2 competitively, Overwatch, whether directly or not, was the Team Fortress 2 killer. Sure, TF2 definitely has its advantages being free and running better on low-end systems, but Valve's mismanagement of the game, coupled with the Meet Your Match update as a desperate attempt to do what Overwatch was doing, drove a massive portion of the fanbase, both casual and hardcore, away, and it never recovered.

Right now, apart from playing through the original Tomb Raider trilogy and Pokemon Platinum (since I neglected the fourth generation Pokemon games), my go-to game is Rainbow Six Siege. Unlike the glorified point-and-click adventure that is Counter Strike, Siege has a lot of nuances and liberty to the game that makes it an absolute blast to play regardless of skill level.

Also, to make this not an anti-Valve post, I still play Dota 2 from time to time, and it's still by far the best MOBA out there in terms of refinement and attention to detail.

Барбоса
02-20-2018, 07:30 AM
Haven't gotten round to playing LoZ: BotW yet after finishing Odyssey.

Slyfox696
02-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Surprised people are still playing Team Fortress 2, Sly, especially when Overwatch is a thing. A great thing.I think when you compare the price points, it's not surprising at all. I can play TF2 for free, whereas Overwatch has cost a lot more over the time. Plus, for me, I think TF2 is a little slower of a game and I enjoy that too. It's better for the casual player who has other things to do while he games.

I've considered playing Overwatch, and now that I see the price has come down, I may look into it more (though starting over learning a new game does not sound fun to me). You play? Is it worth $20 or $30?

As someone who used to play TF2 competitively, Overwatch, whether directly or not, was the Team Fortress 2 killer. Sure, TF2 definitely has its advantages being free and running better on low-end systems, but Valve's mismanagement of the game, coupled with the Meet Your Match update as a desperate attempt to do what Overwatch was doing, drove a massive portion of the fanbase, both casual and hardcore, away, and it never recovered.The TF2 matchmaking is just the worst and their ability to catch and ban cheaters is wretched as well. When I stop playing, it'll likely be because of one or both of those factors.

Yaz
02-20-2018, 07:52 AM
TF2 did get a major update not super long ago, though that last time I put any real time into the game was when they did the whole robot invasion thing. Do they still have the large community market for cosmetic items?

From what I understand about Far Cry 5, the player (who is built through a character creator this time) actually plays a sheriff who is trying to take down a doomsday cult. While I'm sure they will need to build on that, it does at least give some explanation as to why it looks like you are getting free reign to blow shit up with military hardware.

Siege was a pretty fun game when I played. I'm average at best at most competitive shooters, but with Siege I felt like the different operatives had different feels and you could make up for being an average player by finding a niche role in a squad.

Sea of Thieves intrigues me because it looks like it will be a thought out and polished open world game to play with my friends. Yeah, it has no clear goals, but for years and years I have tried to find an open world game that wasn't WoW or Guild Wars that I could play with friends and was actually a polished game. Too many early access Steam games in that category burned me.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-20-2018, 08:05 AM
I'm playing Boderlands 1,2 & The Pre-Sequal on my ps3.

I'm going to need to get a PS4 soon as i doubt they'll have Borderlands 3 on last gen consoles

Fallout
02-20-2018, 08:16 AM
TF2's last update was good, but I couldn't shake the impression that it was a swan song for ten years at the top of class-based shooters. Valve are focusing primarily on CS and Dota, as well as their Dota-inspired card-game going forward. TF2 is a distant fifth in their priorities when you factor in projects concerning Steam in general also, which really doesn't bode well for Left 4 Dead, Half-Life, Portal and the rest of Valve's properties.

Honestly, Valve's complacency is going to catch up to them. Ubisoft, Blizzard and yes, even EA, have all caught up to Valve's initial refinement within the FPS genre, and the CS:GO fanbase is going to dwindle down into competitive purists as time goes by. Games like PUBG, Overwatch, ARK, Siege and Fortnite (pretty good actually, runs better than PUBG, that's for sure) are all gaining traction, and CS has nothing else to offer but the same stuff again and again. Dota is fairing well on the competitive stage, but is still having a tough time with a more casual audience against League Of Legends. Valve's been lucky that EA have shot themselves in the foot with horrendously awful business practices, but they can't play the waiting game forever. Eventually, they need to do something revolutionary once more, on the level of the first two Half Life games.

ShinChan
02-20-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm playing Sleeping Dogs. And it's almost complete. And that's such a relief since I thought that I could never do it.

Uncle Sam
02-20-2018, 09:20 AM
I'm playing Sleeping Dogs. And it's almost complete. And that's such a relief since I thought that I could never do it.

Sleeping Dogs: Uper Duper Definitive Edition (which must surely be its official name) is my most recent acquisition on PSN, largely because Yakuza 0 wasn't quite scratching the itch that it needed to, largely because that itch was "I want to play a game like Sleeping Dogs." I had Sleeping Dogs on, I wanna say... PS3 the first time round and really enjoyed the first few hours before I got distracted by a pair of breasts or some jangling keys or something. Once I've flogged Yakuza on eBay - because it's currently providing some sort of psychological barrier - I look forward to giving Sleepy Dawgs a thorough working over.

Speaking of remasters, Shadow of the Colossus has caught my eye. The graphical leap seems pleasant, and in keeping with the artistic direction of the original version, but I'm more interesting in its improved performance because I remember the first one having a tendency to really chug.

supermatto64
02-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Lately I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my PC via Cemu, mostly to hold me over until World releases on PC later this year. I've actually been doing quite a bit of Wii U emulating lately, as I've also been playing BotW (on the road to finishing it for the third time), Mario Maker (there's always new levels in the course world and I always get ideas here and there), and others.

I'm tempted to get Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch, as the emulation in Cemu isn't the best thing in the world compared to the games I mentioned, and of course the mobility plays into that as well.

Regarding the Switch I also play some Splatoon 2 here and there (mostly during the Splatfests), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the family (they get mad at me for always winning but have fun anyway lol), Mario Odyssey (finished the game but it's fun to explore all the kingdoms), and Mario + Rabbids (which I've yet to finish as other games distracted me).

And in between all that I try to cut down my speedrun times in Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG.

Fallout
02-20-2018, 09:35 AM
I had Sleeping Dogs on the Xbox 360, but truth be told, I couldn't really get into it. It was too slow-paced at the beginning I found, and by the time I started playing it, GTA V was on the horizon and it was a matter of time before I got into that game. Sleeping Dogs was far from bad, I just think I was a victim of timing for it, much like Sam. I'll probably give it another try at some point, I've just added it to the bottom of my to-play list, which is pretty big, but thankfully, most of the games on there are short games from the Megadrive/NES/PS1 era.

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 09:43 AM
I know it's old and has been topped since, but Age of Empires is releasing a Definitive Edition of the original game today. I'll be picking that up rather soon and playing the heck out of it, as I've been doing for years now.

Fallout
02-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Age Of Empires 2 is a classic, one of the very best in the RTS genre. While I slightly prefer Red Alert 2, and Emperor: Battle For Dune doesn't get enough love, the Age games are great. The fact you can convert an elephant's religion so it can fight for your side is hysterical.

Ty Burna
02-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Currently splitting my time between Monster Hunter World on Xbox One and FFXII: The Zodiac Age on PC. I'm realizing now that the length of both games does not play well into trying to split what minimal gaming time I already have in two. I've been enjoying the grind of Monster Hunter World, although admittedly I haven't gotten far on it quite yet as I'm still considered in the "tutorial" time frame. FFXII was an RPG I watched my cousin play through quite a few hours. I never owned a PS2 when it came out so I never got the chance to actually play it. With it on PC now remastered, I figured it was as good of time as any to give it a try.

I also had to completely setup my Retropie system again, though I'm glad I did so as I found some rom sets that were organized and labeled perfectly.

klunderbunker
02-20-2018, 10:06 AM
I spent a lot of time playing 2 also but I didn't have as much fun as I did with the first one.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 10:58 AM
Not much time for me to play anything at the moment, but when I do, it's Call of Duty: WWII on my xbox one. Occasionally, I'll play some WWE 2K17.

John
02-20-2018, 11:24 AM
I'm too cheap to buy new games so I'm stuck with what I can find at the used game store. Currently it's WWE 2k14 for the 360 which I got for $2. Best WWE game I've played in years.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 03:45 PM
I'm too cheap to buy new games so I'm stuck with what I can find at the used game store. Currently it's WWE 2k14 for the 360 which I got for $2. Best WWE game I've played in years.

Never played 2K14. Is it any good? And dude, for $2.00, that's a deal!

Fallout
02-20-2018, 03:52 PM
2K14 was the last great WWE game in my opinion, although I've not played 2K18 yet.

FalKon
02-20-2018, 03:54 PM
The main game that's consuming most of my time right now is Fortnite. Never played a Battle Royale game before but this was free so I tried it and I'm addicted. All my friends are addicted too and we spend way too much time on it. Feels good to play a game for multiple hours at a time ever since the Destiny downward spiral. I'd love to play Monster Hunter, Division or Sea of Thieves but with University coming up, I can't justify it. Also, I have some games in my backlog to finish: The Witcher 3 (all of it), Dark Souls 3 (DLC) and Hellblade (all of it).

On top of playing Overwatch and Call of Duty, as well as switching to PC to play Stardew Valley and Age of Empires/Red Alert games (trying to finish their campaigns), I think I'll be set for a while. Then you've got the added problem of wanting to play games like Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Nier:Automata that had great games, and getting a switch for Breath of the Wild & Mario Odyssey... uh, why does gaming have to be so difficult?

Gelgarin
02-20-2018, 04:02 PM
Speaking of wrestling games...

To the disbelief of basically everybody, they did a new Fire Pro for PC and stuck it on Steam. If you can get past the graphics, it has far and away the best customization facilities of any wrestling game.
It lets you go under the hood and customize your edit's AI behaviour, controlling factors such as which moves they will use at different stages of the match (including which moves they will try to finish matches with), as well as a host of general behaviours such as how well they will cooperate with team-mates, how likely they are to acquire weapons from outside and how much they will prioritize winning over entertainment/aggression.

It's not all that to actually play; but if you get a kick out of simming matches, there's nothing better on the market.

John
02-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Never played 2K14. Is it any good? And dude, for $2.00, that's a deal!

It's pretty damn fun. I've played 2k16 and don't like the simulation feel of the controls, even though the matches tend to be more realistic. 2k14 has the arcade feel that the old Smackdown vs. Raw games had but with far better graphics.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 04:50 PM
I wish I could buy video games for 2 bucks.

Барбоса
02-20-2018, 05:12 PM

Perhaps the best £2 I ever spent was on a video game. It was...

Yaz
02-20-2018, 05:18 PM
Perhaps the best £2 I ever spent was on a video game. It was...

There was this game rental service, way before the days of GameFly, and it only did PC games. You could get like 48 hour rentals of current releases and then they had a large backlog of older games you could play as long as you wanted. Alpha Centauri was one of the better games I played on that service. My only regret was that I was in my teens when I played it and didn't fully grasp the scope or lore of the game. I wish I could go back and replay it. I may have to check ebay.

They did release Civilization Beyond Earth and touted it as the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, but it honestly felt more like an expansion to a non existent Civ game. It wasn't awful, just rather average and not Alpha Centauri.

Барбоса
02-20-2018, 05:31 PM
There was an expansion for SMAC called Alien Crossfire, which added new stories, factions and technologies. It was seemingly rare enough that you would have to buy a copy on ebay for up to $150, then one day in a local game store I found it for £3. Another great purchase.

It is definitely worth getting yours hands on and shouldn't be that difficult.

Gelgarin
02-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Shame Alien Crossfire was the only Civilisation based expansion in history to make the core game worse.

Sniping navel Xenofungus that targets tile improvements, anybody?

Барбоса
02-20-2018, 06:44 PM
Boy, did i love using Xenofungus...

#AbsoluteUnit
02-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Anyone got live?

John
02-20-2018, 08:43 PM

The video game place I go to has racks full of old 360 and PS3 games all for under $10. Hundreds of old sports games like Madden '07 and so for a buck each. It's ideal if you're content not having the newest games like I am.

Jam
02-20-2018, 10:43 PM
Haven't not read the responses in this thread yet, my answer will go to one game that I play the most then a few other games I play less but still a good amount. The game that has consumed my life: Overwatch. No matter how toxic the community is, I still find it fun pulling out the win. Plus, I've met a couple of cool people. I used to play solely on XBOX. But I sold my XBOX for a PS4 and picked up a mid-level gaming laptop. I gotta say, playing Overwatch on PC has made playing Overwatch on console unbearable. The movement just feels so different. Plus, Blizzard is really great at doing patch notes and setting up events. They also have custom games. The question should be, how does one NOT enjoy Overwatch?

Other games that I play to a lesser extent are: Fortnite, Call of Duty: WWII, and Smite. Fortnite is such a good game even if you die early in the game. It's just so arcade-y, I love it. Call of Duty, I like it simply because it's boots on the ground. The zombies mode on it isn't bad either, like wow. Tbf, CoD has been pretty good with zombies for a long time now. Smite is just a fun game all around, probably my favorite MOBA (sorry LoL fans).

However, in the next coming days, I'm going to purchase a Nintendo Switch. I already know that'll probably consume my life. Super Mario Oddyssey, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2. Then the rest of the games that are coming out this year. Oh boy. It's definitely a good time to be a gamer.

ShinChan
02-20-2018, 10:56 PM
An unpopular opinion for sure. But I have never been interested in Vice City or San Andreas. Never. Not sure why. It is just not my taste, I guess. And that's why I love Sleeping Dogs. It's more of what I love in video games.

Did someone play Contra? I was mad for it in my childhood.

Dagger Dias
02-20-2018, 11:02 PM
Playing the Secret Of Mana remake and loving it so far. It's so great to see that beloved classic finally get a remake. Also finishing up getting the remaining Power Moons in Mario Odyssey. I'm up to 560.

JGlass
02-21-2018, 06:39 AM
Haven't not read the responses in this thread yet, my answer will go to one game that I play the most then a few other games I play less but still a good amount. The game that has consumed my life: Overwatch. No matter how toxic the community is, I still find it fun pulling out the win. Plus, I've met a couple of cool people. I used to play solely on XBOX. But I sold my XBOX for a PS4 and picked up a mid-level gaming laptop. I gotta say, playing Overwatch on PC has made playing Overwatch on console unbearable. The movement just feels so different. Plus, Blizzard is really great at doing patch notes and setting up events. They also have custom games. The question should be, how does one NOT enjoy Overwatch?

I got one of my former roommates/best friends into Overwatch HARD on the PS4, but it was my PS4 and he wanted his own account, so he just got it on the PC. Ever since then he's petitioned HARD for me to get a gaming PC to join him on PC OW, and I just haven't done it. I don't want to spend the money on a desktop when I'm perfectly happy with my PS4, but everyone says that OW on PC is scores better than OW on the PS4.

Uncle Sam
02-21-2018, 06:56 AM
Do you know how to play with a mouse and keyboard? Because that was always the biggest barrier for me when it came to competitive PC shooters. It shouldn't take much commitment but I am extremely lazy.

Ty Burna
02-21-2018, 09:47 AM
So with Microsoft building towards becoming the Netflix of gaming with Game Pass (the ability to download the games fully being a huge bonus unlike PlayStations streaming games which sucks hard), is this the future of gaming?

The gaming industry has been the last of the major media forms to fully embrace the monthly subscription for access to any and all games. It's always been a question of viability money wise if that slow nickel rather than a fast quarter would work. I like that Microsoft is going to take that chance with Game Pass. They will need to with acquire other publishers or partner with them to increase the library available for Game Pass. The option to straight out by the games should remain as well, but if you're kosher with games possibly dropping from the rotation like Netflix does, I don't see it being a major problem.

So are you on board with moving to a subscription model if new games come out immediately on it ala Sea of Thieves soon, or do you prefer to own your games at $60 a pop? What's the ideal price point for a subscription model that's viable for the company yet also affordable for the customer?

Yaz
02-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Most of what I have heard about the future of Game Pass sound good in theory, but I see a lot of people complaining about it. I'm not sure how much stock I put into those complaints because the same people who argue that Game Pass could put brick and mortar stores like GameStop out of business will go in a different thread and trash GameStop as the devil incarnate.

It isn't as big a deal for me as it used to be, but I used to be one of those guys who liked having physical copies. Now I only own two physical Xbox games, The Fractured But Whole and Has Been Heroes. I'm much more open to a subscription model than I would have been a few years ago. If they do give a bit of a better warning for game that will drop than Netflix currently does with their shows (just a small line of text) then I think I would be almost completely on board with a sub based model. Not sure on the price though. $60 for AAA titles has been the norm for about as long as I have been buying my own games, so it will be interesting to see how prices may change if sub based services become the go to in the near future.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-21-2018, 01:10 PM
I'm not in the loop, but what are the "best" games coming out this year for Xbox one?

Undying
02-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Just posted this in the what are you playing thread, but almost through with Persona 5 and started a new playthrough in the Witcher 3 as well. I have Breath of the Wild for Cemu but haven't touched it yet due to time constraints.

I built a gaming desktop a month ago after saving for a while, but mostly have just been using it for school, work and emulators.

Lee
02-21-2018, 02:27 PM
So with Microsoft building towards becoming the Netflix of gaming with Game Pass (the ability to download the games fully being a huge bonus unlike PlayStations streaming games which sucks hard), is this the future of gaming?

The gaming industry has been the last of the major media forms to fully embrace the monthly subscription for access to any and all games. It's always been a question of viability money wise if that slow nickel rather than a fast quarter would work. I like that Microsoft is going to take that chance with Game Pass. They will need to with acquire other publishers or partner with them to increase the library available for Game Pass. The option to straight out by the games should remain as well, but if you're kosher with games possibly dropping from the rotation like Netflix does, I don't see it being a major problem.

So are you on board with moving to a subscription model if new games come out immediately on it ala Sea of Thieves soon, or do you prefer to own your games at $60 a pop? What's the ideal price point for a subscription model that's viable for the company yet also affordable for the customer?

I've been saying it for years in that's how Nintendo should run the virtual console. Imagine £5.99 a month for the full virtual console backlog they had on WIi/Wii it would be incredible.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Taking my time with Witcher 3, COD WW2 and Smite.

Jam
02-21-2018, 04:10 PM
@JGlass - He's not wrong. The FRAMES man. Like, I'm not one to really care about it but wow. It makes a big difference. Haven't played on mouse and keyboard in a while so it took me a bit to get used to it again but it didn't take too long. Also, I forgot about keybinds. So you can have customizable controls, I love it. Makes it so easy. However, my competitive ranking on PC is low gold while I was plat on console. People on PC are just better. I agree though. Overwatch shouldn't warrant buying a PC/gaming laptop. It's a great game but... you should find more games to enjoy on PC to get one.

Fortnite gameplay on PC and console though. I'm not sure which one I like more. Building is a pain in both.

ShinChan
02-22-2018, 08:17 AM
And yes, I completed Sleeping Dogs. It feels such a relief. 😁

Fillet Club
02-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Just posted this in the what are you playing thread, but almost through with Persona 5 and started a new playthrough in the Witcher 3 as well. I have Breath of the Wild for Cemu but haven't touched it yet due to time constraints.

I built a gaming desktop a month ago after saving for a while, but mostly have just been using it for school, work and emulators.

Ah man, I wish I could experience Persona 5 with a fresh set of eyes all over again. Easily my favorite game of last year.

At the moment I've been sinking in a lot of hours into Monster Hunter: World, it's the first in the series I've actually played and I'm having an absolute blast. I currently have the Shadow of the Colossus remake sitting there on my shelf... Waiting for me.

I'd better hurry up as well, Vermintide 2 and Yakuza 6 are quickly approaching...

Yaz
02-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Question for anyone. Has there ever been a video game character who you felt attachment to? Not in a sexual way, but a character whose story you saw play out and you became interested in. I have two in particular.

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/14700000/John-Marston-red-dead-redemption-14740700-494-599.jpg

Lee Everett from The Walking Dead
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/4/43/NTL_Lee_Shed_Box.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20140403013045

I cried at both deaths.

supermatto64
02-23-2018, 11:02 AM
I can definitely second the love for Lee. I never finished Red Dead Redemption to be honest, I'll have to go back and do that some time.

I got really attached to Setsuna from I Am Setsuna.
38and yeah,
I cried when she died.

Uncle Sam
02-23-2018, 11:47 AM
My John Marston was an absolute psychopath to be honest. It was difficult to square the cutscene's depiction of Marston as a noble hero, reluctantly doing the work of evil men, when during my time playing with him he had a higher body count than any other single person... possibly in the world.

That's kind of why the character of Trevor in GTAV is so clever - it's what a character capable of carrying out the actions of the player would be like, and it's repulsive.

supermatto64
02-27-2018, 01:27 PM
To all my fellow DDLC players out there, a mod released within the past few days called Doki Doki RainClouds, where you play through Act 1 of the game in Sayori's perspective. It's written well and I highly recommend it.

Slyfox696
03-01-2018, 01:58 PM
So, in an update, I'm not sure I've played a video game in like a week's time...I may have played a game or two of TF2 this weekend and I played about 5 minutes of Stranded Deep, which can be pretty fun if you create your own island. Other than that...not a lot going on.

JGlass
03-01-2018, 05:18 PM
So, in an update, I'm not sure I've played a video game in like a week's time...I may have played a game or two of TF2 this weekend and I played about 5 minutes of Stranded Deep, which can be pretty fun if you create your own island. Other than that...not a lot going on.

Being a real adult sounds rough.

Slyfox696
03-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Being a real adult sounds rough.I had no idea how good I had it until I became one...

Lee
03-01-2018, 07:28 PM
I've been ill so I've been playing a bit of Zelda. Hadn't played since summer and forgot how good BOTW was.

CyberPunk
03-03-2018, 07:57 AM
FF XV on PC. Is it worth it?

I play a lot of Overwatch, PUBG and Fortnite these days. Been trying to get into Witcher 3, but for some reason, after 8 hours or so, I'm still not enjoying it that much. May be I should play the first two as well?

JGlass
03-03-2018, 09:34 AM
FF XV on PC. Is it worth it?

I play a lot of Overwatch, PUBG and Fortnite these days. Been trying to get into Witcher 3, but for some reason, after 8 hours or so, I'm still not enjoying it that much. May be I should play the first two as well?

Nah, if you're not into W3 by now, there's no sense in playing the first two. Maybe give it a few more hours, try to complete some of the monster hunts and story missions, but it's possible it's just not your cup of tea, especially if online multiplayer is more your jam.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-04-2018, 08:51 AM
I've been hopelessly addicted to COD WW2 for two weeks straight. That's all I've played. There's something charming about WW2 weapons that I really love, I don't even know why. Perhaps nostalgic for COD 1 for the PC I guess. The progression system is kind of deep and I've been grinding and grinding for new weapons and gear. Still pissed at the low amount of multiplayer maps. I really want more redone maps like the BEAUTIFUL winter Carentan remade from COD1. And please, please fuck right off with your 20 dollar DLC for three maps that should have been there at game release.

Battlefield is coming out with their own version of WW2 next and will most likely blow this one out of the water.

Stone Cold Tea
03-04-2018, 12:27 PM
I've been hopelessly addicted to COD WW2 for two weeks straight. That's all I've played. There's something charming about WW2 weapons that I really love, I don't even know why. Perhaps nostalgic for COD 1 for the PC I guess. The progression system is kind of deep and I've been grinding and grinding for new weapons and gear. Still pissed at the low amount of multiplayer maps. I really want more redone maps like the BEAUTIFUL winter Carentan remade from COD1. And please, please fuck right off with your 20 dollar DLC for three maps that should have been there at game release.

Battlefield is coming out with their own version of WW2 next and will most likely blow this one out of the water.

Absolutely love this game. Been playing it since they release the beta for pre-order and it's feel so good to have a boots on the ground cod back. Every weapon feels different and there's hours of challenges to keep you entertained.

What your main class Jeff?

I go with the Bar with extended mags advanced rifling and grip. Machine pistols as secondary and I run ordnance as training. I would recommend the Volksumgehwer if your into assault rifles and it has basically no recoil and ridiculous fire rate. It's like a sub machine gun on roids.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Absolutely love this game. Been playing it since they release the beta for pre-order and it's feel so good to have a boots on the ground cod back. Every weapon feels different and there's hours of challenges to keep you entertained.

What your main class Jeff?

I go with the Bar with extended mags advanced rifling and grip. Machine pistols as secondary and I run ordnance as training. I would recommend the Volksumgehwer if your into assault rifles and it has basically no recoil and ridiculous fire rate. It's like a sub machine gun on roids.

I've gone with my goto weapons from COD 1. Bren and Garand both prestiged twice with various attachments I swap around when I get bored. My other load outs are Shotgun with incendiary rounds (Brutal!) A version of a rare Tommy Gun and STG and PPSH swap out with Carbine now and then. I'm saving up for an MP40, it's too bad actual credits take forever to collect, even if you specifically select contracts that pay credits instead of supply drops. I wish I had The Bar weapon myself , that would definitely be in my loadout. Damn thing is like a tank cannon. Ya I have The Volks , almost seems like cheating with the 0.1 recoil.

Stone Cold Tea
03-04-2018, 01:01 PM
I've gone with my goto weapons from COD 1. Bren and Garand both prestiged twice with various attachments I swap around when I get bored. My other load outs are Shotgun with incendiary rounds (Brutal!) A version of a rare Tommy Gun and STG and PPSH swap out with Carbine now and then. I'm saving up for an MP40, it's too bad actual credits take forever to collect, even if you specifically select contracts that pay credits instead of supply drops. I wish I had The Bar weapon myself , that would definitely be in my loadout. Damn thing is like a tank cannon. Ya I have The Volks , almost seems like cheating with the 0.1 recoil.

I've not been a big fan of the LMGs on the game this year. They feel very underpowered and my play style probably doesn't suit them. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can get the MP40 by prestige airborne. Must say I do prefer the type100 from the SMGs. That was the only class I ran for my first 2 prestiges.

The shotguns on this game are sick. I most always need 2 shots to kill by that's cos my aim can be pretty trash. Do enjoy equipping rifleman and running expeditionary with a shotgun, volkstum and a mine. You can lock the middle house down on saint marie with that set up if you put a mine on the steps and a mine at the back entrance upstairs. Got a choice of the windows to shoot from and rage killers keep coming back for you. I like to call it holding down a position instead of camping though.

I agree there could be more maps on the game. 9 is quite the let down when some of them feel very similar. I barely notice the difference between London docks and flak tower for instance. I would say my favourites are Gibraltar and Ardennes forest.

Smally
03-05-2018, 02:56 AM
Donâ??t really get much time to play games anymore so tend to just buy 1 at a time. Currently about 40% through Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, done the main story, just a lot of gold bricks to collect and redo the levels

Slyfox696
03-05-2018, 06:10 AM
Don’t really get much time to play games anymore so tend to just buy 1 at a time. Currently about 40% through Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, done the main story, just a lot of gold bricks to collect and redo the levels
The Lego games are usually quite a bit of fun, if a bit similar across all the games.

CyberPunk
03-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Nah, if you're not into W3 by now, there's no sense in playing the first two. Maybe give it a few more hours, try to complete some of the monster hunts and story missions, but it's possible it's just not your cup of tea, especially if online multiplayer is more your jam.

I do enjoy RPGs. Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc are some of my favorite games. May be I'm not familiar with W3 characters, and that's why I'm finding it difficult to enjoy.

I'll give it another try.

supermatto64
03-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Anyone catch the Nintendo Direct?
I'll take that Detective Pikachu amiibo, Solaire amiibo, and Smash Bros., please and thanks.

JGlass
03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
I've been playing South Park Fractured But Whole the past few days, and I'm blown away by how good the game is. I went in with admittedly low expectations given that Stick of Truth didn't impress me much, but Fractured But Whole has taken all the issues I had with Stick of Truth and solved them.

First of all, the combat is actually interesting and occasionally pretty challenging. The combat system is fairly unique, involves a decent amount of strategy while still being easy to pick up, and is much more fun than it was in Stick of Truth. The puzzles are similar in that while they are generally rely on the same few concepts it does require you to put some thought into it and, generally, the trickier the puzzle the better the reward.

A South Park game wouldn't be a South Park game without humor. Stick of Truth was funny, but my problem was that it relied almost entirely on fan service. Fracture But Whole still makes most of its laughs with fan service, but the game's story and the interactions the character have are quite funny as well. I haven't had too many laugh out loud moments, but there have been some which is more than I could say about Stick of Truth.

The last thing I'll mention is that the game is constantly introducing new concepts to keep things fresh, but it's done in a fairly organic way, and the concepts don't change the game drastically as much as they allow you to access new areas, solve puzzles that you couldn't before, or try new combat strategies. It keeps the game fresh and keeps you engaged.

Bonus: the character customization in this game is dope. Here's my guy:

https://i.imgur.com/LP2JVS7.jpg

#AbsoluteUnit
03-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Anyone feeling the Farcry 5 game? I think I'll get it once the price goes down. But the game looks real cool.

Slyfox696
03-22-2018, 06:41 AM
I tried Far Cry....2??...maybe???

It was a long time ago and I thought it was terrible. I've also come to the realization about myself that I just don't have the desire for story mode games much anymore. I've thought about trying Far Cry 4, but the price never drops low enough where I'd buy it.

Барбоса
03-22-2018, 07:44 AM
Got all of the updates for R2TW and Attila TW, I have started a play through as one of the new Desert Kingdoms in the Lakhmid Arabs.

Starting as a puppet state of the Sassanids has some drawbacks in terms of immediate expansion, but it does bring significant trade/economic benefits. It has a rather nice undertone of religious strife in the Arabian Peninsula with Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism and paganism all intermingling, which is a rather historical addition.

My first real action, instead of attacking my Ghassanid Arab enemies, was to march southwest and resettle a desolated city called Yathrib... so to become much better known as Medina.

I'm also playing some FiFA18 on the Switch in career mode, with my character starting at Derry City but quickly getting a move to SPAL, a new Serie A team in Italy. Currently sitting in the Champions League places, despite being relegation fodder.

I'll get around to playing Breath of the Wild yet...

Maybe once I get an Ojo Projector...

JGlass
03-22-2018, 11:53 AM
Anyone feeling the Farcry 5 game? I think I'll get it once the price goes down. But the game looks real cool.

Did you play Far Cry 3? I did and I thought it was awesome.

I played Far Cry 4 too. It was also very good, but basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 3, but on a different map.

Far Cry Primal looked like it was basically the same thing as Far Cry 3 and 4, but in primitive times, so I didn't even bother.

Far Cry 5 looks like it's the same thing as Far Cry 3, 4, and Primal, but set in racist red neck America. The idea of killing religious cultists does work for me, but I'm not not sure I'm willing to pay full price for a game I've played twice already. Maybe this one will have no features that make it special and if that's the case I'll shell out the $60, but otherwise I'm willing to wait.

Fallout
03-22-2018, 12:16 PM
I've not played much of the Far Cry games, only a bit here and there, but Ubisoft does seem to be producing much better games these past couple of years after the disaster that was the Assassin's Creed Unity launch. Siege is gaining a lot of popularity (thankfully), and Far Cry 5 looks like a lot of fun. I might give 2, 3 and 4 a full playthrough first before I give 5 a go though.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-22-2018, 12:51 PM
Did you play Far Cry 3? I did and I thought it was awesome.

I played Far Cry 4 too. It was also very good, but basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 3, but on a different map.

Far Cry Primal looked like it was basically the same thing as Far Cry 3 and 4, but in primitive times, so I didn't even bother.

Far Cry 5 looks like it's the same thing as Far Cry 3, 4, and Primal, but set in racist red neck America. The idea of killing religious cultists does work for me, but I'm not not sure I'm willing to pay full price for a game I've played twice already. Maybe this one will have no features that make it special and if that's the case I'll shell out the $60, but otherwise I'm willing to wait.

Yeah, I've played 3 and 4 before but not primal. But, this is spot on. I think i'll buy MLB The Show 2018 first. I haven't played a baseball game since, like, 2009.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I have the Xbox 1, not the PS4.

Slyfox696
03-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I've played 3 and 4 before but not primal. But, this is spot on. I think i'll buy MLB The Show 2018 first. I haven't played a baseball game since, like, 2009.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I have the Xbox 1, not the PS4.If you're JUST looking for a baseball game, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings on the PC is INCREDIBLY fun. It goes on sale sometimes and you can get it for 50-75% off. Totally worth it.

I'd like to play The Show again, but I don't have a PS4. By the time I was willing to buy one, I've decided to just wait for a PS5. And isn't the Show only on PS4?

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-22-2018, 02:31 PM
The only Far Cry I played was Fat Cry 4 for the PS4. Pretty solid game, waaaaay more fun when a pal logs on and both of you tear through the map. Alone gets repetitive and boring, the -capture a base, collect a zillion little things in the base- repeat, repeat, repeat gets pretty boring after awhile. But that seems to be the main template for almost every open world game that comes out now. I'm playing Battlefront 2 now, really beautiful game. Being a big Star Wars nerd helps. Next pick up will probably be Monster Hunter.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-22-2018, 07:08 PM
If you're JUST looking for a baseball game, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings on the PC is INCREDIBLY fun. It goes on sale sometimes and you can get it for 50-75% off. Totally worth it.

I'd like to play The Show again, but I don't have a PS4. By the time I was willing to buy one, I've decided to just wait for a PS5. And isn't the Show only on PS4?

Hey Sly, do you play any games nowadays?

Slyfox696
03-23-2018, 06:25 AM
I haven't played games as much lately, as I've just been busy with various things in real life (the latest is track season). But in my free time, I'll play Team Fortress 2, Stranded Deep, or NBA 2K17/College Hoops 2k7 (whichever basketball I feel at the moment). I also love playing Minecraft, but I'm kind of taking a break from it. I also throw in a little Super Mega Baseball every now and then.

Fallout
03-23-2018, 07:31 AM
What's Stranded Deep like? I've heard good things from my friends about it.

Slyfox696
03-23-2018, 12:38 PM
What's Stranded Deep like? I've heard good things from my friends about it.If you just play it straight up, I think it's a little on the tedious side, at least when trying to go to different islands at the beginning.

If you're willing to take the time to create your own island, where you can give yourself plenty of resources at the start, I think it's pretty fun.

Fallout
03-24-2018, 07:01 AM
F1 2015 is free for a very limited time on Humble Bundle, so if you're remotely interested in putting it in your Steam library, I'd rush to get it now.

I've been playing it, and the memories from the 2002 game I used to play with my dad on the PS2 are flooding back.

Slyfox696
03-24-2018, 08:57 AM
I saw that yesterday. I wasn't sure if I'd ever play it, but I went ahead and got it anyways. Even if I never play it...so what?

Alex
03-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Started playing Soul Reaver on Steam and Viewtiful Joe on an emulator. Haven't had this much fun in ages

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-25-2018, 04:55 PM
I'm currently playing the Campaign in COD WW2, I'll probably never listen to another overly critical game review again. This is downright fantastic, excellent sound and immersion that really puts you in WW2. I'm not far into it, but there's a scene on a tank convoy that gets ambushed by fighter planes, it's so real looking I'd swear they used actual motion capture tanks and planes, the conversation leading up to it has absolutely fantastic facial expression that is also top notch. I seriously scoffed at this campaign at first, really with that negative reviewer in the back of my head as I played. I'm really glad I went a little further, it's excellent after D Day. (Which I think I was a bit unfair to quickly toss away like it sucked)

Барбоса
03-27-2018, 04:43 AM
Had one of those massive showdowns in Attila TW last night, where you risk virtually everything in a massive early game attack.

Gathered virtually all of my forces, bolstered them with some mercenaries and struck at the Ghassanid Arabs. The subsequent siege battle of Dumatha involved several thousand men but came down to essentially one act and counter on my left flank. The Ghassanids sent their main cavalry force to defeat my catapults, without which I am unsure if I could have gotten into their citadel.

Fortunately, I had positioned my camel corps behind the catapults, which destroyed the Ghassanid cavalry, allowing my infantry centre to pin the opposition in place, exposing them to cavalry/camel charges, total envelopment and complete destruction.

That victory has now opened the entire Levant to my victorious army, Taking advantage of two separatist movements providing a buffer between the Roman provinces in Syria and Judaea/Egypt, I think I can make rapid advances against Jerusalem and into North Africa...

Just have to keep an eye on that potentially annoying Sassanid king... even though he is making in-roads against the Romans, he might find my capital at Hira too tempting.

Undying
03-28-2018, 10:57 AM
Being on my second playthrough of Witcher 3, my main focus in the early goings has been playing gwent and collecting the cards something I paid little to no attention to whatsoever the first go around. It sounds easy when you first start just get a higher number than the other player but I'm slowly diving into the strategy behind the game as I could be up by like ten points but if my opponent uses a frost card or any weather affect the game shifts just like that. I got my ass handed to me by the Baron last night. Among mastering gwent I've also made it a priority to utilize alchemy this time since my last playthrough I just got by on signs and fast attacks.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Call of Duty or Battlefield?

Fallout
03-28-2018, 05:42 PM
Meh, both have their pros and cons. If you want just escapist, fun gunplay, CoD. If you want more realistic, epic gameplay, Battlefield.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-28-2018, 06:02 PM
Fair. I liked Battlefield 1, even though the graphics were shit.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Call of Duty or Battlefield?

I love both, they offer two different styles of shooter. Call of Duty usually offers more of an arcade feel with run and gun gameplay with splashes of camp thrown in. I'm a COD fanboy as I started with COD on the PC and consider it in the top 3 games of my life (Especially time played) There was so many mod maps made by gamers that the variety was endless and the community of players became like a family. I won't find that kind of fun playing a game again.

Battlefield provides a wider scope of a shooter. Bigger maps, vehicles, tactics, it's just all around a better shooter. My problem with Battlefield is it tends to become boring after an hour playing compared to COD, I'm not even sure why. Maybe because Conquest is usually the Go To mode in multiplayer and those can last as long as 28 minutes. That's pretty long for a round, so the thought of starting a whole new round can be daunting.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-29-2018, 03:12 PM
Yeah, so I was playing FarCry 5 at my neighbors apartment the other day, and I was real impressed. So I bought it yesterday and it's "expected" to arrive on Saturday. Yeah, whatever, but this game looks real good. Can't wait to check it out by myself.

JGlass
03-29-2018, 09:20 PM
Yeah, so I was playing FarCry 5 at my neighbors apartment the other day, and I was real impressed. So I bought it yesterday and it's "expected" to arrive on Saturday. Yeah, whatever, but this game looks real good. Can't wait to check it out by myself.

This raises a question I have:

How many people still buy physical copies of games still? My last physical copy of a game was the new Doom, and I don't plan on ever buying a physical copy of a game again.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-29-2018, 10:23 PM
This raises a question I have:

How many people still buy physical copies of games still? My last physical copy of a game was the new Doom, and I don't plan on ever buying a physical copy of a game again.

I do, there's a game store nearby and I either trade in games I'm not playing or just buy them. Battlefront 2 a couple weeks ago was 30$. Very good price for a game still on the market for 70 plus bones. I could care less if it was used.

Slyfox696
03-29-2018, 10:39 PM
I would buy physical copies of games if I had a current gen console. But I have a PS3 and a PC, so the only games I buy are used PS3 games or downloaded games. I prefer physical copies of games, but I think those are not long for this world.

A11
03-30-2018, 08:47 AM
Buying brand new games off the ps4 store is way more expensive and the price takes an eternity to drop, you can get some good sales every now and then but fuck paying $30 extra when its cheaper for game developers to not have to print and ship anything. Thats just my experience in australia dont know how that compares to the u.s store

Undying
03-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Buying brand new games off the ps4 store is way more expensive and the price takes an eternity to drop, you can get some good sales every now and then but fuck paying $30 extra when its cheaper for game developers to not have to print and ship anything. Thats just my experience in australia dont know how that compares to the u.s store

I generally catch a lot of good deals on the playstation store, November especially I think I got Overwatch for 10 dollars and a couple of others. I switched to just hard copies last year when that patch came out that supports external hard drives (I think it was last year, either way never tried it until then).

JGlass
03-30-2018, 10:42 AM
I guess for me I'm either happy to wait for the price drop on the PS store or I figure I'll pay full price anyway. Either way, I'm more than happy to pay a little extra for the covinience of not having to change the disk every time I want to play a different game and not have to give any money to GameStop.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-30-2018, 11:19 AM
GameStop is trash. I just use Amazon.

klunderbunker
03-30-2018, 11:48 AM
GameStop is trash. I just use Amazon.

When the SNES CLassic came out last year, the pre-orders were literally sold out online in ten seconds. I was annoyed but then had an idea. I went to Game Stop (less than ten minutes away) at about 1:30 in the afternoon. I easily got a pre-order because I was the second person to come into the store and ask about one all day.

smarkmouth
03-30-2018, 11:59 AM
I was disappointed when I missed the boat on the NES and SNES classic, but I could live. However, should they launch an N64 mini I'm going to get violent.

Slyfox696
03-30-2018, 01:04 PM
I was disappointed when I missed the boat on the NES and SNES classic, but I could live. However, should they launch an N64 mini I'm going to get violent.I didn't bother...I can use an emulator and get the same thing on my PC.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-30-2018, 01:14 PM
I didn't bother...I can use an emulator and get the same thing on my PC.

Do you play on Steam? (Apologies if that didn't sound right)

Fallout
03-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Do you play on Steam? (Apologies if that didn't sound right)

Emulators aren't officially released on Steam unless you count things like Megadrive Classics and stuff, and even then, you can just emulate those games on Kega Fusion.

You can run them through Steam as non-Steam games to say "Hey, I'm playing my Megadrive Emulator" but other than that, they aren't official Steam releases.

Slyfox696
03-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Do you play on Steam? (Apologies if that didn't sound right)I play PC games on Steam, but not emulators.

smarkmouth
03-30-2018, 02:55 PM
I didn't bother...I can use an emulator and get the same thing on my PC.
Steam is great but it never quite appealed to me. I don't play much video games but when I do I like to be playing in person with friends while having a beer and a laugh. N64 was the first console I recall to really nail multiplayer. I'll play online on a few, but not enough to merit getting even a half-decent gaming PC.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-30-2018, 04:49 PM
I play PC games on Steam, but not emulators.

Thanks Sly. That's what I was asking to begin with.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-30-2018, 05:06 PM
I had Steam on my laptop but it felt like it always wanted to run in the background and update , start up on its own. It got really annoying so I deleted it. I'm sure there's a setting where you can make sure it doesn't automatically start up during your laptops start up and auto updates but I couldn't be bothered with it.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
04-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Playing Witcher 3 on my new Samsung television I got awhile ago. I didn't know about this setting....

Press settings on the tv controller.

Go to picture, then Expert Settings.

Select HDR + Mode

Slap yourself in the face for not discovering this mode before. It's like a brand new picture all together. The difference is down right shocking.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-08-2018, 02:09 PM
I hate PS4 only games. Screw you Sony!

A11
04-13-2018, 01:09 AM
Did anyone get the new UFC game? Is it any good/ how deep is the career mode?

ABMorales787
04-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Since I get most of my non-emulator games off Humble Bundle, the latest I've checked out is Splatter. A so far fun platformer where you go through a factory interacting with different types of slime to get around. It's pretty creative.

SSJPhenom
04-20-2018, 02:12 AM
I hate PS4 only games. Screw you Sony!

Sony by far has the best exclusives on the market. That's why I'll always pick a PlayStation over any other gaming device. BTW, gonna go ahead and call it now; God of War for PS4 will be this year's Game of the Year. Unless, of course, Spiderman, Detroit: Become Human, or Days Gone are somehow better. I doubt anything will be though.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
04-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Playing Witcher 3 (Xbox One)

I'm level 16 and I'm at the main quest story where they track Ciri through this forest that has been destroyed by a powerful spell. It's led Geralt and Yenn to track down this Craven guy who fled this village that was attacked by the Wild Hunt. Currently in the Herbaruim trying to track his prints...got sidetracked and followed the Warewolfs prints instead...then fought him, wasted damn near all of my food trying to beat him but I just can't get his energy down with his constant healing, retreated and back to tracking Craven. Here's my build so far:

Level 16

Lesser Red Mutagen : Level 2 Muscle Memory, Level 2 Strength training, Level 1 focus.

Lesser Blue Mutagen: Exploding Sheild level 1, Sustained Glyphs level 2, Melt Armor level 2.

Heightened Tolerance level 2.

Steel Sword: Blade from the Bits
Silver Sword: Witchers Silver Sword

Verden Archers Gambeson : Light Armor
Hunting Boots
Hunting Gauntlets
Tracker Trousers

I get the feeling I should be more advanced than this being level 16...like I'm stretching too many skills and not focusing on a set offense for my character. Like I'm gunning for a balanced attack when I shouldn't be.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-22-2018, 12:48 PM
How's the new God of War game?

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
04-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Playing Witcher 3 (Xbox One)

I'm level 16 and I'm at the main quest story where they track Ciri through this forest that has been destroyed by a powerful spell. It's led Geralt and Yenn to track down this Craven guy who fled this village that was attacked by the Wild Hunt. Currently in the Herbaruim trying to track his prints...got sidetracked and followed the Warewolfs prints instead...then fought him, wasted damn near all of my food trying to beat him but I just can't get his energy down with his constant healing, retreated and back to tracking Craven. Here's my build so far:

Level 16

Lesser Red Mutagen : Level 2 Muscle Memory, Level 2 Strength training, Level 1 focus.

Lesser Blue Mutagen: Exploding Sheild level 1, Sustained Glyphs level 2, Melt Armor level 2.

Heightened Tolerance level 2.

Steel Sword: Blade from the Bits
Silver Sword: Witchers Silver Sword

Verden Archers Gambeson : Light Armor
Hunting Boots
Hunting Gauntlets
Tracker Trousers

I get the feeling I should be more advanced than this being level 16...like I'm stretching too many skills and not focusing on a set offense for my character. Like I'm gunning for a balanced attack when I shouldn't be.

To add to my stats: 42 Quests Completed with 289 parts in total to these quests. This game is something else really. Still feels like I'm only 20 percent done of the game too.

SSJPhenom
04-22-2018, 09:02 PM
How's the new God of War game?

Amazing, awesome, generation defining, one of the greatest games ever made, absolutely wonderful, can't get enough of it, wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow so I could play it all day, and I'm not even anywhere close to beating it.

As I said, probably going to be game of the year. There are some titles out there with the potential to beat it though. We'll see.

Uncle Sam
04-23-2018, 04:16 AM
As someone who liked God of War enough that I even played the PSP ones, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not so desperate to be part of the zeitgeist that I'll be getting it within a week of release. In fact, the hype is such that I'm more than happy to wait to play it in a bit of a calmer atmosphere.

JGlass
04-23-2018, 09:07 AM
As someone who liked God of War enough that I even played the PSP ones, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not so desperate to be part of the zeitgeist that I'll be getting it within a week of release. In fact, the hype is such that I'm more than happy to wait to play it in a bit of a calmer atmosphere.

Ooh la la, someone has patience.

I don't, I got swept up in the hype and bought the game this weekend. It's pretty excellent, but I think I'm still in the early goings here.

SSJPhenom
04-23-2018, 10:03 AM
I pre-ordered the game as I do most signle player adventure/rpg types. Its relatively inexpensive to preorder a game as it only costs $5. I don't actually purchase them, though, until I see the reviews and what not. As soon as I seen perfect scores from IGN, Gamespot, Game Informer I knew I was picking this up the day it came out.

I have Spiderman PS4 and Detroit Become Human pre-ordered as well.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-28-2018, 01:02 PM
What's the best WWE 2K game?

Fallout
04-28-2018, 01:53 PM
2k14, because it was made mostly by THQ before they went out of business.

Uncle Sam
04-29-2018, 03:00 AM
The developers of WWE games since 2000 has been the same - Yuke's - from SmackDown to SmackDown vs. Raw to '12 to 2K18. THQ didn't make games, they published them, and the same is true of 2K.

EnviousDominous
05-07-2018, 05:36 AM
I've been playing (or binging more like) the original Borderlands game on PSNOW.

The game is mindless fun, and I'm hopelessly enthralled. I haven't been following the story, mainly because the only time I can play it is when my fiance is asleep and I have to keep the volume down. I was up until 3am playing it last week.

There's lots of silly side-missions where you either retrieve items or you kill something. I compulsively have to complete every one of them.

I'm at the end of the game, haven't been able to find the free time to kill the endboss though. I recommend it for people who just like to wreak havoc in a video game, plus it can be played cooperatively if that's your thing.

Slyfox696
05-07-2018, 12:38 PM
I've been playing (or binging more like) the original Borderlands game on PSNOW.

The game is mindless fun, and I'm hopelessly enthralled. I haven't been following the story, mainly because the only time I can play it is when my fiance is asleep and I have to keep the volume down. I was up until 3am playing it last week.

There's lots of silly side-missions where you either retrieve items or you kill something. I compulsively have to complete every one of them.

I'm at the end of the game, haven't been able to find the free time to kill the endboss though. I recommend it for people who just like to wreak havoc in a video game, plus it can be played cooperatively if that's your thing.
The only thing which bothered me about Borderlands is that it, ultimately, was fairly repetitive. It was fun at first, but after basically doing the same thing over and over and over again (just with supposedly stronger weapons), it gets a little old.

JGlass
05-07-2018, 02:36 PM
The only thing which bothered me about Borderlands is that it, ultimately, was fairly repetitive. It was fun at first, but after basically doing the same thing over and over and over again (just with supposedly stronger weapons), it gets a little old.

There's a lot of games like this: Destiny, The Division, Borderlands, 90% of cell phone games...

I was talking to my friend about this type of game the other day and kind of talked myself into seeing the appeal of it. If you really like the gameplay, it's actually a pretty neat idea, especially if you play co-op with your friends. It's like playing a game of pick up basketball with some friends: the game is never going to change, the players aren't going to get that much better or worse, but if you enjoy the activity, you don't mind doing it over and over again.

That said I played The Division and got sick of it after a month or so when I realized that the only reason I was playing these missions was so I'd be able to beat the same missions more easily the next time I played these missions, and that realization pissed me off.

I think that style of game is probably about 200 times more fun when you're playing it with people you enjoy talking to/playing with, but when you're playing it by yourself or with randos, your enjoyability of the game relies on how quickly you get sick of doing the same thing over and over again, and I get sick of repetitive tasks very quickly.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
05-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Welcome to the club. If you like 1 you need to play 2

Everything that's good about 1 is muliplied 10 fold

Slyfox696
05-08-2018, 06:31 AM
That said I played The Division and got sick of it after a month or so when I realized that the only reason I was playing these missions was so I'd be able to beat the same missions more easily the next time I played these missions, and that realization pissed me off.Yeah, that's kind of where I was with Borderlands. It just got to the point where I was leveling up for the sake of leveling up. While I'm sure there have been times I haven't minded it, that game wasn't one of those times.

I think that style of game is probably about 200 times more fun when you're playing it with people you enjoy talking to/playing with, but when you're playing it by yourself or with randos, your enjoyability of the game relies on how quickly you get sick of doing the same thing over and over again, and I get sick of repetitive tasks very quickly.Probably 100% on the money here.

EnviousDominous
05-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the club. If you like 1 you need to play 2

Everything that's good about 1 is muliplied 10 fold

One game that I've played that's an example of the types of tropes utilized for Borderlands, but fails miserably at presenting them in a fun or interesting manner was Rage.

After playing Rage all the way through and hating myself for playing it, Borderlands was a breath of fresh air.

With Borderlands:

The driving was kind of annoying, using only the thumbsticks to steer and accelerate seemed silly. I was complaining to myself about there being no fast travel system, and then I unlocked the fast travel system.

The gameplay is very repetitive, but it's perfect for someone like me. I have OCDs about doing a thorough job of cleaning an area, so mowing down enemies with an explosive augmented shotgun was very soothing.

The experience system is satisfying, but seems like a petty aesthetic when all you really care about is having an arsenal with high stats.

I killed the end boss the other day. Not going to spoil the ending, but I'd be complaining if the game up until that point didn't keep me enthralled.

I started a game on 2 and already ran into what seems to be a famous glitch where you get hopelessly trapped in a porto-potty door. I'll pick it up and play some more when the frustration wares off.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
05-10-2018, 01:19 AM
I started a game on 2 and already ran into what seems to be a famous glitch where you get hopelessly trapped in a porto-potty door. I'll pick it up and play some more when the frustration wares off.
I have never had this happen to me ever. Where did it hapen to you?

EnviousDominous
05-10-2018, 07:03 AM
I have never had this happen to me ever. Where did it hapen to you?

Very early on there's that mission to get Claptrap to his ship. I was going through what I believe was a shipwreck, in an effort to raise a platform elevator that Claptrap was waiting on.

I opened a porto-potty and went to pick up the loot inside, then I couldn't move. I could look and shoot. Couldn't walk in a direction or even jump. I looked online and saw that a few message boards had posts from people who encountered the same problem at various areas of the game, and the consensus was that you could only resolve the problem by quitting the game.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
05-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Very early on there's that mission to get Claptrap to his ship. I was going through what I believe was a shipwreck, in an effort to raise a platform elevator that Claptrap was waiting on.

I opened a porto-potty and went to pick up the loot inside, then I couldn't move. I could look and shoot. Couldn't walk in a direction or even jump. I looked online and saw that a few message boards had posts from people who encountered the same problem at various areas of the game, and the consensus was that you could only resolve the problem by quitting the game.
Well that blows. At least you're still in the beginning ofcthe game if you have to start over

EnviousDominous
05-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Well that blows. At least you're still in the beginning ofcthe game if you have to start over

It's not a huge setback. I was able to start again at the first settlement with everything I had earned up until the glitch happened.

I finished the mission and all, I'm just probably going to take a little while longer than usual to get back on it.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-13-2018, 01:24 PM
I hate how expensive video games are.

Alex
05-14-2018, 02:47 AM
I've always been someone that's waited a few months to get a game. When I was a kid I had to save pocket money as my parents wouldn't buy me games so I just waited and that's carried over to adulthood. Even moreso now since DLC is a thing. I'd rather wait a few months and get the game with all the DLC included and get the full package.

I've broken the PS3 out and started playing Killzone. It's a bit more repetitive than I remember but still enjoyable. The story was what always hooked me anyway. Looking forward to playing 2 and 3. Have to get Shadow Fall eventually as well.

Slyfox696
05-14-2018, 06:17 AM
I've always been someone that's waited a few months to get a game. When I was a kid I had to save pocket money as my parents wouldn't buy me games so I just waited and that's carried over to adulthood. Even moreso now since DLC is a thing. I'd rather wait a few months and get the game with all the DLC included and get the full package.

I've broken the PS3 out and started playing Killzone. It's a bit more repetitive than I remember but still enjoyable. The story was what always hooked me anyway. Looking forward to playing 2 and 3. Have to get Shadow Fall eventually as well.Yes, I cannot remember the last time I've purchased a video game at full price.

And I cannot play shooters with a controller anymore. I'm not trying to be a PC elitist, but after playing with a mouse for so long, a shooter on a controller just feels horrible.

A11
05-15-2018, 09:00 PM
I havent played any of the previous god of wars what do I need to know about them to play the new one?

Uncle Sam
05-16-2018, 03:33 AM
Kratos is a very angry man and he killed all of the Greek gods. There, you're set.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
05-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Finally, finally wrapped Witcher 3. The game is massive, I think it's my first open world game I've ever completed. Definitely my favorite RPG ever.

SSJPhenom
05-21-2018, 02:02 PM
I havent played any of the previous god of wars what do I need to know about them to play the new one?

What Uncle Sam said. He has major anger issues and killed all of the Greek Gods and most of the Titans. Oh, you also need to know that he himself is a god. (technically a Demi god, but they don't make that distinction in the games).

Alex
05-22-2018, 11:13 AM
So I completed Killzone 1 and liked it. Started playing Killzone 2 and I'm bored to tears. Maybe it's because I've been playing Shadow Warrior and Wolfenstein recently but Killzone 2 is so dull. Killzone 1 was fun because you could swap between characters and the weapons were all different and most had alternate fire as well. That seems to have gone in 2.

Please tell me 3 and Shadow Fall are less dull

mrluck_07
05-24-2018, 12:31 AM
Who plans to cop WWE 2K19?

#AbsoluteUnit
05-24-2018, 02:50 PM
I really miss the NCAA football games. But screw you Ed O'Bannon.

SSJPhenom
05-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Gonna be picking up Detroit Become Human tomorrow after work. I'm kinda excited about that.

Alex
05-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Debating whether to get Hard Reset Redux for PS4. Looks interesting but I've heard conflicting things about it

mrluck_07
05-25-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm so behind w/ the latest games but the last time I played anything it was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Lee
05-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Street fighter fans who have time to burn:

https://tiredoldhack.com/2018/05/26/the-complete-history-of-street-fighter/

Fallout
05-30-2018, 06:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts

So it looks like we're going for a full Kanto reboot, which I'm perfectly happy with. I'm not a massive fan of allowing people who have played Pokemon Go to get an advantage within the game, because I always saw Pokemon Go as a stand-alone thing, but it seems be a pretty big leap from the 3DS games. So I'm quite excited.

Fallout
05-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Double post, but this is big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

From what I've heard, this is basically the Fallout equivalent to the Elder Scrolls Online. Colour me interested.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-31-2018, 08:07 PM
Fortnite or Pub G?

Fallout
06-01-2018, 07:57 AM
Fortnite or Pub G?

Depends what you're going for. If you want something more realistic and down-to-earth, PUBG. Otherwise, I'd give the advantage to Fortnite, because it's F2P, and has more depth to it, if you're fine with the cartoony elements.

Lee
06-01-2018, 08:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts

So it looks like we're going for a full Kanto reboot, which I'm perfectly happy with. I'm not a massive fan of allowing people who have played Pokemon Go to get an advantage within the game, because I always saw Pokemon Go as a stand-alone thing, but it seems be a pretty big leap from the 3DS games. So I'm quite excited.

PoGO has had 800million downloads worldwide. I think PoGo will benefit this game more as people will buy it due to their playing of the game.

Fallout
06-01-2018, 11:21 AM
PoGO has had 800million downloads worldwide. I think PoGo will benefit this game more as people will buy it due to their playing of the game.

That's fair. I've heard since this is supposed to be more of a spin-off game, and the official 8th Gen games will come later. I'll still be getting it, most likely after I save up the money for a Switch when the price goes down a little bit.

Lee
06-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Best way to describe it is New Super Mario Bros to the 3D Mario games. Still main titles but not at the same time.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Depends what you're going for. If you want something more realistic and down-to-earth, PUBG. Otherwise, I'd give the advantage to Fortnite, because it's F2P, and has more depth to it, if you're fine with the cartoony elements.

Good analysis dude.

SSJPhenom
06-13-2018, 03:00 PM
OMG, omg, OMG. Capcom just released some footage of the Resident Evil 2 remake!!!. It looks absolutely fantastic. Better even then the Resident Evil remake. It's scheduled for release on January 25, 2019. Then, a month later, on February 22, 2019, Days Gone comes out. This has been an absolutely amazing time to be a video game fan. In the next year alone we're getting Spider Man PS4, Read Dead Redemption 2, Days Gone, Anthem, Resident Evil 2 remake, Last of Us 2, and possibly the Final Fantasy VII remake (Don't think that one will be ready for a while). This is awesome.

Storm Trooper
06-13-2018, 09:32 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://pre00.deviantart.net/c5f3/th/pre/f/2018/164/7/4/super_smash_bros__ultimate_official_key_visual_by_ leafpenguins-dce7bwu.jpg

EVERYONE IS HERE! December 7th can't come soon enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93H7YC-83o

#AbsoluteUnit
06-13-2018, 10:22 PM
^ That looks awesome! By the way, December 7th, 2018 is a friday this year.

Anyway, I played Smash Bros when I was younger when it was released on N64 and I almost always played as Samus..

...I did not know Samus was a girl until a buddy of mine told me. Didn't matter, still whooped his ass!

Spidey
06-13-2018, 11:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9PClQKOmg

SSJPhenom
06-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Just got Monster Hunter: World last Friday for my birthday and I have to say, it's fun as hell. It's not going to wow anyone with a story or with graphics, but if you're looking for some fun hunting down building sized monsters in an open world with friends no less, then this game is recommended.

It's loads of fun and that's what a video game should be first and foremost; right?

Fallout
07-01-2018, 08:59 AM
So I've got a decent haul so far from the Steam Summer sale. I've got:
1: Oblivion, which I've never actually played, and I already think it's far better than Skyrim. Skyrim was dreary and dull, whereas Oblivion is far more vibrant and interesting.
2: Killer Instinct 2013, which is great fun, if hell on my fingers, since I never use the analog stick for fighting games so I can have more precision for button inputs. I've decided to main Glacius, which is odd, considering I didn't play him much in the original, but I love zoning characters that can feasibly hold their own at close range too.
3: Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy. Crash 2 is my all-time favourite game, and this remake more than lives up to the hype. I feel like a kid again playing this.

I'm also playing the only main series Pokemon game that I've not played being Heart Gold/Soul Silver (specifically the latter), and forcing myself to use mediocre Pokemon that I wouldn't use normally. This obviously means that I chose Chikorita because the Chikorita evolutionary line is a steaming dog turd in comparison to any other starter evolutionary line. Currently, I'm about to challenge Morty, been getting through the game without any white outs, but the gym leaders are an actual challenge in this game (although Whitney must have got nerfed hard).

Slyfox696
07-01-2018, 03:10 PM
So I've got a decent haul so far from the Steam Summer sale. I've got:
1: Oblivion, which I've never actually played, and I already think it's far better than Skyrim. Skyrim was dreary and dull, whereas Oblivion is far more vibrant and interesting.I always enjoyed Oblivion more than Skyrim, including the storylines.

I picked up House Flipper from the Steam sale and that's been it. I was hoping Raft would go on sale but didn't. I also would have considered Fire Pro Wrestling, but the discount wasn't enough for me.

Slyfox696
07-01-2018, 03:12 PM
On a different note, is there anyone considering signing up for EA Origin Access Premier when it becomes available? I'm about 95% sure I'm getting it.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I'm not a fan of the COD: Black Ops series. I wish they would've continued the Modern Warfare series instead.

Slyfox696
07-09-2018, 08:38 PM
So I have Origin Access. For $30 every 12 months, you get a huge inventory of games you can play whenever you'd like (sort of like Netflix, only you download and install them). I think it's a great deal and I very likely will sign up for Origin Access Premier when it debuts (which will grant me immediate access to FIFA 19, Madden 19, Battlefield 5, etc.).

With that said, I'm playing through Battlefield 4 Premium's single player campaign and, holy hell, is it terrible. It is so buggy and glitchy. There's a scene where you're supposed to swim through tunnels and it should only take about 20 seconds...it took me 20 minutes because of a glitch (and you can Google it) which makes it nearly impossible to swim. I'm constantly hitting shots (both head and body) that do not register. There are times where if I point my gun in a certain direction it will not even fire.

What an absolutely terrible game. I played through Battlefield 3 and really enjoyed it. But I'm REALLY having trouble finishing this one. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

SSJPhenom
07-10-2018, 06:01 PM
Playing the Bioshock Collection on PS4. I can't believe I never played any of those games.

Fizzy
07-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Picking up my copy of Octopath Traveler tomorrow. Can't wait! Been dying for a solid JRPG on the Switch

#AbsoluteUnit
07-12-2018, 10:41 PM
So, the Nintendo Switch is dope as hell. I played with my neighbor and it's awesome. "Shocker", I know. I don't get a lot of time to play video games at the moment (I have an Xbox One) but that thing is awesome. Think I may get one. It's fun.

Slyfox696
07-13-2018, 07:53 PM
So, the Nintendo Switch is dope as hell. I played with my neighbor and it's awesome. "Shocker", I know. I don't get a lot of time to play video games at the moment (I have an Xbox One) but that thing is awesome. Think I may get one. It's fun.Without trying to sound like a snob, I just can't hardly stand to game on anything other than a PC anymore. For games that are better with a controller, I have an Xbox One controller, but the PC is just better in every way, at least in regards to what I enjoy doing.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-13-2018, 09:46 PM
It's cool man.

Fizzy
07-14-2018, 07:08 PM
at least in regards to what I enjoy doing.

At least you included this which separates you from the rapid and snobby PC gaming fanbase. I game probably 80% on my PC and agree in its superiority, but sometimes I want to lounge on my couch with a console like the old days. The Switch is perfect for lounging on the couch, lightweight transportation, and gaming on the move. It helps that my friends all have a Switch and with it being so lightweight, we can easily set up a time to hang out and play some games in person.

Slyfox696
07-15-2018, 10:00 AM
At least you included this which separates you from the rapid and snobby PC gaming fanbase. I game probably 80% on my PC and agree in its superiority, but sometimes I want to lounge on my couch with a console like the old days. That's what the Steam Link is for. Obviously. ;)

Get a Steam Link, grab a Xbox One controller and game like you did in the old days. :)

Fallout
07-19-2018, 01:55 PM
I still play on my 3DS on occasion, but I'm mostly on PC exclusively nowadays. I can run both modern and emulated games pretty easily pre-PS2 era, and even the PS2 games I play (HCTP, MGS3 and Sly Cooper mainly) still run OK.

Slyfox696
07-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Of all the old games out there, I was there was an update to EWR. Not a roster update and not TEW, but an actual update to EWR. TEW is just too complicated to sit down and play casually.

Yaz
07-19-2018, 03:41 PM
Of all the old games out there, I was there was an update to EWR. Not a roster update and not TEW, but an actual update to EWR. TEW is just too complicated to sit down and play casually.

I think I have discussed this topic with you (or someone forum related) and it is spot on. TEW can be downright overwhelming. It has a ton of features, which is great for some people, but sometimes some of the basic stuff you need to build a roster is buried in a stream of menus. When the latest version, 2016, launched, I decided I was finally going to sit down, block off a weekend, and really try to advance in the game. By the time I had started my own fed and built the roster and was ready to run the first show, I was about three or four hours in and just felt burnt out.

The company that makes TEW, Greydog Software, makes some fairly solid sports simulation games but it seems like with each release they add more and more features that take the games from casual to hardcore. As much as it pains me and reminds me that I am getting older, I just don't have the time to sit and devote the time required to those types of games. It is a big reason why MMOs have basically fallen off my radar.

Spidey
07-19-2018, 03:45 PM
God me too. I hate how TEW is set up. EWR is much more user-friendly, but immersion for me is a problem. I don't think we need a full list of things a superstar has in his arsenal like "Chain Wrestling" or "Puroresu" to get that effect for EWR, but something small like roster format, main screen format, or hell a longer upkeep on wrestlers' careers like lengthening that retirement time would be nice.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-20-2018, 05:31 AM
Traded for Monster Hunter World for Xbox One, pretty decent game so far. The most important part of the game (that's done really well) is the monster battles. The creature effects, music, weapons and graphics are fantastic. The story is subpar as is the characters. The Handler is over the top annoying and I'm only a few hours into the game. She came out on a mission with me, I wandered off to explore a cave when her character came to a point on the map where her cart reached the objective, she screamed for me to come and see it.....over and over and over and over again every 45 seconds to where I just said O.K FUCK I'll go there!!! Other than that, good game so far, digging the variety of weapons in the game that caters to every type of player.

SSJPhenom
07-21-2018, 03:58 PM
So I recently ran across Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequal at Gamestop and since it was buy 2 used games get one free I got them all. Is the Borderlands series any good?

Fizzy
07-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Borderlands 1 and 2 are phenomenal. You'll get at least 50 hours from BL1 and more on BL2 as it has an insane amount of post game content. Overall, on Steam I have over 90 hours in BL2. Both games are way better with friends.

The Pre-sequel is alright. It's a fun little game, but pales in comparison to the other two.

Slyfox696
07-26-2018, 04:55 PM
So I recently ran across Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequal at Gamestop and since it was buy 2 used games get one free I got them all. Is the Borderlands series any good?I thought the Borderlands I played (I believe it was 2) was overrated. It was the same game play (and in some cases, same maps) over and over, just with guns that have higher ratings against monsters who receive an increase in difficulty (meaning your new guns are as effective at the middle point of the game as your first guns were at the beginning of the game).

Borderlands 2 was fun, but only for a certain amount of time.

Fallout
07-26-2018, 05:42 PM
I thought the Borderlands I played (I believe it was 2) was overrated. It was the same game play (and in some cases, same maps) over and over, just with guns that have higher ratings against monsters who receive an increase in difficulty (meaning your new guns are as effective at the middle point of the game as your first guns were at the beginning of the game).

Borderlands 2 was fun, but only for a certain amount of time.

Yeah, I can get behind that criticism. 2 kept me engaged more than the others because of the quirks in the quests and good gunplay, but I did quickly get bored of playing through the game on Insane mode (or whatever it was called). Not because it was difficult, but because firefights took an eternity.

Good game, but not perfect. The first one is alright, but a bit boring. Not played much of the Pre-Sequel.

Slyfox696
07-29-2018, 01:12 PM
Origin Access Basic has added even more games, including Cities: Skylines. From all the reviews I've ever seen, Cities: Skylines is what SimCity should have been but wasn't. I've played Skylines for a while and it is very enjoyable. At this very moment, I'm playing one of the games they added, Mad Games Tycoon, where you create and grow a video game development company.

Additionally, it has now been announced Origin Access Premier (which will give access to the latest games, including Madden 19, FIFA 19, Battlefield 5, etc.) will debut this coming week (maybe even tomorrow). I've said it before and I'll say it again; Origin Access is a hell of a deal, regardless if you get the Basic ($5 a month or $30 for 12 months) or Premier package ($15 a month or $100 for 12 months).

EnviousDominous
08-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Video game endings. They are supposed to be your reward for all of your hard work and dedication. Some games, Eye of the Beholder for example, give you an ending that's essentially a middle finger. Then there are some games that cause your jaw to drop with how wickedly awesome your experience becomes when you witness an ending that more than compensates you for your dedication.

The absolute greatest video game ending that I've ever seen was granted to me for completing an obscure DOS game called "Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight".

This game was very tedious and had a huge learning curve. You play as a knight who has to travel around a large map in an effort to find the Moonstone and return it to a sacred grove (Stonehenge).

The controls are stubborn as all hell. You can level up and have more hit points and do more damage, but you'll only start doing well when you learn how to cope with the clunky controls. A dragon will randomly fly across the map, and if he attacks you the battle is insanely difficult to win. Die, and you lose your accumulated items and wealth.

I remember losing my mind at how difficult this game was, but eventually I learned how to wreck every potential enemy (to include the dragon) and finessed it the first time I ever actually beat it.

The ending... blew... my... fucking... mind. Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqCUqYpqldU

You become A FUCKING CONSTELLATION!

I literally screamed "HOLY SHIT!" when I saw it for the first time, and it took a few weeks for it to fully sink in. The stars in the sky have existed since before our time and will exist long after we're gone. Essentially; you become a God. The absolute greatest ending I've ever seen.

Slyfox696
08-03-2018, 03:45 PM
I have Madden '19 downloading now. I was thinking it wouldn't be available for a couple more days, but apparently it is good to download and play now. I have to go to town, but I plan to be playing by tonight. Should be fun...I hope! First Madden I've played since Madden 25.

Storm Trooper
08-05-2018, 09:13 PM
I have Madden '19 downloading now. I was thinking it wouldn't be available for a couple more days, but apparently it is good to download and play now. I have to go to town, but I plan to be playing by tonight. Should be fun...I hope! First Madden I've played since Madden 25.

Reviews are good for it, which can't be said for some years past. Apparently they decided to work on the gameplay this year instead of re-working a specific game mode. If you are gonna do the Longshot mode (single player campaign type thing), I'd recommend getting caught up on the previous years version since this year is a continuation of the last year story with the same characters, which could be confusing.

Oh, and The Coach is in it, apparently doing the pregame and halftime show. So there's a WWE connection now.

Origin Access Basic has added even more games, including Cities: Skylines. From all the reviews I've ever seen, Cities: Skylines is what SimCity should have been but wasn't. I've played Skylines for a while and it is very enjoyable. At this very moment, I'm playing one of the games they added, Mad Games Tycoon, where you create and grow a video game development company.

Additionally, it has now been announced Origin Access Premier (which will give access to the latest games, including Madden 19, FIFA 19, Battlefield 5, etc.) will debut this coming week (maybe even tomorrow). I've said it before and I'll say it again; Origin Access is a hell of a deal, regardless if you get the Basic ($5 a month or $30 for 12 months) or Premier package ($15 a month or $100 for 12 months).
Origin Access, is this only on PC or is it for consoles as well? I don't game on PC, so it would need to be for PS4. Don't get me wrong I have like 8 subscription services I'm paying for but it's a pretty good deal and I buy at least Madden every year, and would get a couple others as well making it worthwhile.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Video game endings. They are supposed to be your reward for all of your hard work and dedication. Some games, Eye of the Beholder for example, give you an ending that's essentially a middle finger. Then there are some games that cause your jaw to drop with how wickedly awesome your experience becomes when you witness an ending that more than compensates you for your dedication.

The absolute greatest video game ending that I've ever seen was granted to me for completing an obscure DOS game called "Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight".

This game was very tedious and had a huge learning curve. You play as a knight who has to travel around a large map in an effort to find the Moonstone and return it to a sacred grove (Stonehenge).

The controls are stubborn as all hell. You can level up and have more hit points and do more damage, but you'll only start doing well when you learn how to cope with the clunky controls. A dragon will randomly fly across the map, and if he attacks you the battle is insanely difficult to win. Die, and you lose your accumulated items and wealth.

I remember losing my mind at how difficult this game was, but eventually I learned how to wreck every potential enemy (to include the dragon) and finessed it the first time I ever actually beat it.

The ending... blew... my... fucking... mind. Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqCUqYpqldU

You become A FUCKING CONSTELLATION!

I literally screamed "HOLY SHIT!" when I saw it for the first time, and it took a few weeks for it to fully sink in. The stars in the sky have existed since before our time and will exist long after we're gone. Essentially; you become a God. The absolute greatest ending I've ever seen.

One that has stuck with me for the longest while was Bioshock Infinate. The game is pretty damn good (If not a bit short) for a shooting type game. The graphics and atmosphere are pretty great. After a really tough final boss you are then led into the ending portion of the game. Without spoiling it, Bioshock Infinate probably has the biggest mindfuck ending I've ever seen in a video game before. So even if you weren't the biggest fan of the game, they give you an ending that'll twist your head around and keep you thinking long after you shut it off.

Slyfox696
08-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Reviews are good for it, which can't be said for some years past. Apparently they decided to work on the gameplay this year instead of re-working a specific game mode. If you are gonna do the Longshot mode (single player campaign type thing), I'd recommend getting caught up on the previous years version since this year is a continuation of the last year story with the same characters, which could be confusing.

Oh, and The Coach is in it, apparently doing the pregame and halftime show. So there's a WWE connection now.I have no way of playing last year's, so I'll just jump in blindly.

Origin Access, is this only on PC or is it for consoles as well? I don't game on PC, so it would need to be for PS4. Don't get me wrong I have like 8 subscription services I'm paying for but it's a pretty good deal and I buy at least Madden every year, and would get a couple others as well making it worthwhile.It is PC only, I believe. I know Xbox has some kind of a subscription service, but not sure about PS4. But if you have a PC, it is well worth it.

Yaz
08-09-2018, 02:36 AM
Apparently people are having an issue with the ten hour Madden trial on EA Access. I haven't gotten around to giving it a go yet, but people will play for an hour or two, come back the next day and get a message saying their trial time has expired. EA has gone on record as saying they are having an issue with the game not closing properly and the trial timer continuing to run despite exiting the game. Instead of offering the time back, EA is simply blaming the players for not properly closing the game they admit has an issue properly closing and are telling people not to play it until they have a fix.

I hate being the guy to say fuck EA, cause I rather enjoy a lot of EA games, but fuck EA on this one. Hard.

Slyfox696
08-09-2018, 05:28 PM
EA really is a crappy company in so many ways.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-09-2018, 09:03 PM
I love EA, but at the same time I'd love to choke the life right out of the company. NHL has no competition because EA is the only one's making NHL games. I could post a ten page essay here on how EA are lazy motherfuckers that won't fix bugs and rush out fucking bug filled games time and time again. Same with recycling lots of things in their sports titles instead of offering something new or creating a completely new engine from the ground up. (Example, cross crease scoring from the side boards has fooled computer goalies since NHL 09 ) Seriously. 55 other examples of stuff they just don't bother to work on that stick around and are pretty noticable year after year, cut scenes included.

JGlass
08-10-2018, 12:29 PM
I love EA.

Who says that?

Fallout
08-10-2018, 03:23 PM
EA's bad, but at the very least, everybody knows it, even EA themselves and they're a good punchline. But I'll take EA anyday over Take-Two and the shit they're responsible for with GTA, Civ and the WWE games.

Skairipa
08-10-2018, 06:34 PM
EA's bad, but at the very least, everybody knows it, even EA themselves and they're a good punchline. But I'll take EA anyday over Take-Two and the shit they're responsible for with GTA, Civ and the WWE games.

I don't know how much Take Two is really in charge of with WWE Games, but them and 2k really need to get their shit together with those games.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Anyone have the new Madden game yet? How is it?

Fallout
08-10-2018, 08:10 PM
2K is owned by Take-Two.

Yaz
08-11-2018, 09:20 PM
I played a couple of games of Madden and I feel like I got a pretty good grasp on the new features.

The biggest change they advertised is the true player motion. It has some impact, but nothing that I would call completely game changing. If you are running with a smaller running back or receiver that relies on quickness, like a Christian McCaffrey or Tyreek Hill, you can feel his speed. You can make quicker cuts and jukes, but you also stumble from contact fairly easily. On the flip side, if you are running after the catch with a big bodie tight end like Gronk or a power back like Lynch, you feel they aren't as fast or have the ability to make the quick cut, but they stay steady and retain their movement easier after contact. You can still pull off finesse moves with bigger guys and the smaller guys can still run a defender over, but the changes do feel natural and vary the game enough to be enjoyable.

There are a couple of issues with the addition, most I have noticed on kick and punt returns. A few times my returner will try to get a running start before fielding a kick, but due to the true player motion, he picks up too much speed and runs past the catch point. Watching players who rely on speed get up to top speed without the ball is almost laughable, because their legs move faster than their bodies. The weird animations are still an issue. Two guys will jump for a ball and one will clip through the other. I had a play where I tried to hurdle a defender and he went high on the tackle, and my runner's knee went through his head, but the defender still made the tackle. Sometimes the sideline shots glitch out. Like I had an instance where my coach's arms turned into some weird spaghetti noodle things and flailed around while he tried to clap.

Some of the old issues still pop up. Defenders still leap around like they are on the moon to defend passes. AI QBs still have unreal scrambling ability, and their throw on the run ability seems perfect. I've lost track of how many times I'll force a QB from the pocket and a receiver magically gets open for them. The camera also tends to really not know how to handle these plays. It tends to zoom out when the QB scrambles, then quickly zoom in on the intended receiver when the throw is made, giving you almost no time to react.

The AI defense also times all their hits on receivers just right. I don't think i've yet to complete a pass where my receiver took a hit. This presents some issues, because like I said, even when you have a receiver in space the defenders have the uncanny ability to knock the ball down. I've only thrown one pick through six games, so it isn't a complete game breaker, but passing has its challenges.

Another issue I noticed is that often times, when running between the tackles, your back will manage to find the one stray foot to trip over and stumble to the ground. Making sure you don't hold down sprint right from the moment of the hand off does help, but even trying to let the blocks develop doesn't often help.

The presentation has had some changes, most for the better. There are more breaks in the action for the announcers to talk about various things, but you can skip over them. The pregame presentation has new animations and player profiles. They even have little speeches for backup QBs, which is a nice little addition. Post game, they show a short social media style slideshow of your top plays, complete with number of likes.

Franchise has had some changes, mostly for the better. You can now customize the draft class. The coaches also each have their own offensive and defense scheme, which give boosts to your players if they are a scheme fit. Upgrading players is also much simpler. Instead of upgrading each individual stat, you upgrade a stat group based on players style. Like when you go to upgrade receivers, you can choose to upgrade the group for different receiver traits like possession, slot, or deep threat, in addition to a few secondary skills like return skills. Each player has a player type, which you can change if you upgrade a certain group enough, but upgrading the group associated with their player type is cheaper. So you could turn a slot receiver into a possession receiver, but it would be a bit costly.

Ultimate Team, which I didn't spend much time with because it exists only as a pay to win cash grab, has been streamlined a bit. You can choose to play the next challenge without returning to the main Ultimate Team menu. I hear there are more options to play locally, without going online, but like I said, I didn't spent more than twenty or thirty minutes here.

I do think this year the game got enough of an upgrade that I will buy it eventually, but it isn't something I need right away. It still has some of the issues that have plagued Madden for years, but the new features are enough for this to be a step in the right direction.

Skairipa
08-11-2018, 11:47 PM
I think Madden is alright so far, but it does feel harder to win games. Last year I was demolishing every team on pro and on all-pro could win most of my games, this year I'm getting demolished on all-pro and having competitive games on pro. Also noticed it's a lot harder to trade for young players in franchise mode, but that might be for the better as in past years there was times you could give up crappy players and a mid round pick and get a stud young player, this is more realistic.

Yaz
08-12-2018, 04:37 AM
I think Madden is alright so far, but it does feel harder to win games. Last year I was demolishing every team on pro and on all-pro could win most of my games, this year I'm getting demolished on all-pro and having competitive games on pro. Also noticed it's a lot harder to trade for young players in franchise mode, but that might be for the better as in past years there was times you could give up crappy players and a mid round pick and get a stud young player, this is more realistic.

Yeah I feel like they really ramped up the difficulty for all non rookie levels, at least when you are on offense. I played my first few games on Pro, my norm, and found I was settling for field goals more than in years past. Some of that may be due to Indy not being a great team, but I only had one game over 200 yards passing. Even when I played a game with the Eagles just for shits and giggles, Washington's defense was really playing me tough. On defense, I do feel like getting to the QB is harder, but aside from those weird scrambling plays I feel like I can still play good D. With Philly I picked off Alex Smith three times, and with Indy I held Dalton to just over a hundred yards and picked off a potential touchdown pass, and aside from a twenty plus yard run from Joe Mixon where he broke a tackle, I held the run game in check. I also managed a safety in each of the first three games I played so at the very least it does feel harder on offense. When I switched down to rookie just to see how that was, I beat Miami 28-0.

The trading in franchise does feel more difficult/realistic though, I agree. I decided to start one with the Titans because Mariotta is fun to play with, but he has a fairly high injury rate so I wanted a backup QB who was equally as mobile. I tried to trade Blaine Gabbert (70 overall) to Baltimore for RG3 (71 overall) and despite Baltimore having Flacco and Jackson each with a 79 overall, they had zero interest so I tried including picks. Nothing. I'm sure I could have overpaid, but I feel like me trying to give up two 6ths or a 5th and 7th to swap backup QBs was stupid enough already. In 18, I was one year into franchise and I was able to trade a 4th and 6th round pick to Kansas City for Chris Jones, who was an 86 overall DE who was only 24 and still on his rookie contract. Even with the trade negotiator perk, that should have never happened.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-12-2018, 01:10 PM
I really miss the NCAA games. Those were better than Madden. But no, thanks Ed O'Bannon.

Skairipa
08-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Yeah I feel like they really ramped up the difficulty for all non rookie levels, at least when you are on offense. I played my first few games on Pro, my norm, and found I was settling for field goals more than in years past. Some of that may be due to Indy not being a great team, but I only had one game over 200 yards passing. Even when I played a game with the Eagles just for shits and giggles, Washington's defense was really playing me tough. On defense, I do feel like getting to the QB is harder, but aside from those weird scrambling plays I feel like I can still play good D. With Philly I picked off Alex Smith three times, and with Indy I held Dalton to just over a hundred yards and picked off a potential touchdown pass, and aside from a twenty plus yard run from Joe Mixon where he broke a tackle, I held the run game in check. I also managed a safety in each of the first three games I played so at the very least it does feel harder on offense. When I switched down to rookie just to see how that was, I beat Miami 28-0.

The trading in franchise does feel more difficult/realistic though, I agree. I decided to start one with the Titans because Mariotta is fun to play with, but he has a fairly high injury rate so I wanted a backup QB who was equally as mobile. I tried to trade Blaine Gabbert (70 overall) to Baltimore for RG3 (71 overall) and despite Baltimore having Flacco and Jackson each with a 79 overall, they had zero interest so I tried including picks. Nothing. I'm sure I could have overpaid, but I feel like me trying to give up two 6ths or a 5th and 7th to swap backup QBs was stupid enough already. In 18, I was one year into franchise and I was able to trade a 4th and 6th round pick to Kansas City for Chris Jones, who was an 86 overall DE who was only 24 and still on his rookie contract. Even with the trade negotiator perk, that should have never happened.

I'm terrible at playing defense for the most part so I don't know if defense is really harder, I sim defense now usually because I feel like my defense does much better when it doesn't have me to fuck it up.

I was playing around last night in my Cleveland franchise and tried so hard to bring Odell to Cleveland, but Josh Gordon, a 1st and a 3rd wasn't even half way on the trade meter if I remember right so I gave up on that. But pretty much any young star including top rookies are hard to pry away from their current teams.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-30-2018, 03:21 PM
Anyone have the new Madden? How is it?

JGlass
08-31-2018, 11:39 AM
How are we not talking about Cyber Punk 2077 up in here? This game is 40% of why I still have the will to live right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fyz_LriNRI

Long video, worth watching the whole thing if you have an hour to kill.

Yaz
09-04-2018, 01:23 AM
I'd bet money that Cyber Punk won't live up to the hype for most people. I say that not because it looks bad or I anticipate it being bad. CD Projekt Red will deliver, as they do, but the game is being hyped up so much. This is fairly common among gamers though I feel. They put things on a pedestal and then bitch when games are 9.75 instead of a full 10.

SSJPhenom
09-04-2018, 01:52 PM
How are we not talking about one of the most hyped games for the last couple of years? Spider-Man PS4 releases Friday and the reviews, so far have been amazing. I've been hyped for this game for 2 years. Literally can't wait for it to come out. I haven't been anticipating a game this much for a long time.

Was hoping it was going to be a GOTY candidate but it doesn't seem like it's going to live up to the unbelievable standard that God of War set. Oh well, it's still going to be amazing and we still have Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Red Dead 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and so many others to go. Great year for gaming.

Fallout
09-04-2018, 04:17 PM
https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news/67726/2k-calls-upon-belgian-gamers-to-lobby-government-reps-over-loot-boxes/

Have I mentioned how much I hate 2K? Because I fucking hate 2K.

JGlass
09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
I'd bet money that Cyber Punk won't live up to the hype for most people. I say that not because it looks bad or I anticipate it being bad. CD Projekt Red will deliver, as they do, but the game is being hyped up so much. This is fairly common among gamers though I feel. They put things on a pedestal and then bitch when games are 9.75 instead of a full 10.

I think the only thing that might disappoint some gamers is that it's trying to be very much like a table top game in video game form, even more so than Witcher 3. The minutia of character builds might turn off people looking for a more straightforward narrative & action driven game, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way to make the game more accessible for more casual fans.

JGlass
09-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Spider-Man was pretty good.

Skairipa
09-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I finished up Longshot mode on Madden 19 last night, another year of a good few hours spent playing a fun story there. And now you have the option to jump right into a franchise with Devin, which is awesome. If I was an Ultimate Team player I'd probably enjoy those rewards too.

SSJPhenom
09-17-2018, 02:09 PM
Spider-Man was pretty good.

Spider-Man PS4 was good. It was definitely fun. Especially to just swing around and stop random crimes. I'd find myself doing that and just messing around more often then I would do the missions. It's story was good and it's graphics were amazing. I don't think it matches up to God of War though and as of now God of War is still my game of the year.

I'm onto Shadow of the Tomb Raider now and I'm definitely liking it. Next major game I'll probably be getting will be Assassin's Creed Odyssey and then it's Red Dead 2 time baby!!!!

Slyfox696
09-18-2018, 06:39 AM
Spider-Man PS4 was good. It was definitely fun. Especially to just swing around and stop random crimes. I'd find myself doing that and just messing around more often then I would do the missions. It's story was good and it's graphics were amazing. I don't think it matches up to God of War though and as of now God of War is still my game of the year.

I'm onto Shadow of the Tomb Raider now and I'm definitely liking it. Next major game I'll probably be getting will be Assassin's Creed Odyssey and then it's Red Dead 2 time baby!!!!I'm looking forward to Red Dead 2, but on the PC, so I'll probably have to wait a little longer.

Lee
09-19-2018, 01:52 AM

I'm onto Shadow of the Tomb Raider now and I'm definitely liking it. Next major game I'll probably be getting will be Assassin's Creed Odyssey and then it's Red Dead 2 time baby!!!!

Read Dead Redemption 2 is rated M on the ESRB. Not suitable for minors, you should be careful.

SSJPhenom
09-20-2018, 02:31 PM
As anyone played Vampyr? If so is it worth a buy?

Yaz
09-20-2018, 11:25 PM
You play as a man who preys on people, but he preys on grown adults and not children.

SSJPhenom
09-21-2018, 05:10 AM
It brings to mind the Souls games, Bloodborne, etc. Heard it had a lot of time as well. Think I'm going to buy it. Seems fun enough.

smarkmouth
09-22-2018, 10:15 AM
I just read that Telltale Games studios is closing up shop. I'm not surprised, but so incredibly disappointed. Single player story driven gaming is just not as marketable as I wish it was.

SSJPhenom
09-22-2018, 12:00 PM
I just read that Telltale Games studios is closing up shop. I'm not surprised, but so incredibly disappointed. Single player story driven gaming is just not as marketable as I wish it was.

Well I don't know how much it wish it was marketable, but it's pretty marketable. Games like God of War and Spider-Man PS4 are two of the fastest selling games ever on the PS4 and they're both single player.

Unless you're just talking about the games in Telltale's style. Then I get where you're coming from.

smarkmouth
09-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Unless you're just talking about the games in Telltale's style. Then I get where you're coming from.
Indeed, I should have been more specific. While God of War or Spider-Man have enriching storylines (from what I understand), Telltale's focus was always rooted 100% in the storytelling. The result was always beautiful arcs with multiple branches, all equally compelling and fun to revisit. I was yet to start Walking Dead's final season, but I'm disheartened that it looks like it will never conclude.

A11
09-27-2018, 05:23 AM
The problem is Telltale sold it on you control the story but then things wouldnt make logical sense. There was a decision in the Game of Thrones season that was the sole dictator in another event and that event would play out and refer to events that happened inbetween the two events but not make any sense. Stuff like that turns people off those kinds of games completely.
That said as much as I hated the game of thrones game, i thought the batman game was incredible

smarkmouth
09-27-2018, 07:50 AM
I hadn't played the Game of Thrones games. I had a feeling the political scope of the series might have been too ambitious to do justice in a video game. Indeed Batman was incredible, as was Walking Dead (no lie, I cried playing the end of season 2). I also gave the demo/first episode of Wolf Among Us, which was damn good too.

Slyfox696
09-28-2018, 05:31 AM
Indeed, I should have been more specific. While God of War or Spider-Man have enriching storylines (from what I understand), Telltale's focus was always rooted 100% in the storytelling. The result was always beautiful arcs with multiple branches, all equally compelling and fun to revisit. I was yet to start Walking Dead's final season, but I'm disheartened that it looks like it will never conclude.I really enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead, but, like all other things Walking Dead, it just got to the point where I wasn't interested anymore.

smarkmouth
09-28-2018, 10:00 AM
I really enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead, but, like all other things Walking Dead, it just got to the point where I wasn't interested anymore.

I felt this very way over the comics. I guess I latched onto the game because there always seemed to be an unspoken end in sight. I invest in things much easier when I know it's not an indefinite serial, myself.

Back to Telltale itself for a moment, I'm reading more and more the terrible conditions the programmers endured towards the end of the studio's run. Never be a sucker for the "it's a privilege to work here" mentality, folks. Get paid for your overtime.

Fallout
09-28-2018, 11:16 AM
The Batman game looked good, but the Game of Thrones game was dull, having played it. It didn't actually feel like you were in a real environment, it just felt like you were at some tourist attraction of Game of Thrones. It's something even the TV show itself has had issues with once they caught up with the books.

A11
10-01-2018, 02:03 AM
Is there a seperate WWE 2k thread or do I just check in here to be informed of the inevitable disappointment

SSJPhenom
10-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Happy to see that Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is getting great reviews from almost all sources. I have to admit that I'm just about Assassin's Creed full and I was contemplating actually not picking this one up, but after reading and watching several great reviews for the game, I'm going to have to give it a go. Apparently it's very very long so it just might keep me busy until Red Dead 2.

SSJPhenom
10-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Monday night because if you pre-ordered the gold edition you got an early release. I didn't pre-order it though, I simply went about an hour before pick-up and hung out and they said that if they had any after the pre orders got theirs then I could buy it so I did. It's not an exaggeration to say that this may be the best Assassin's Creed game ever. You'll hear a lot of people say that it's no longer an Assassin's Creed game but that's bullshit. You still have the core game play elements that made AC what it was. You still have the climbing mechanics, the stealth mechanics, and the climbing big/high things to synchronize mechanic. Other than that it has completely transformed into an open world RPG and it's all the better for it. I'm nowhere close to beating this game, but I can tell you, it's a damn fun ride and I've been enjoying it very much.

Slyfox696
10-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Monday night because if you pre-ordered the gold edition you got an early release. I didn't pre-order it though, I simply went about an hour before pick-up and hung out and they said that if they had any after the pre orders got theirs then I could buy it so I did. It's not an exaggeration to say that this may be the best Assassin's Creed game ever. You'll hear a lot of people say that it's no longer an Assassin's Creed game but that's bullshit. You still have the core game play elements that made AC what it was. You still have the climbing mechanics, the stealth mechanics, and the climbing big/high things to synchronize mechanic. Other than that it has completely transformed into an open world RPG and it's all the better for it. I'm nowhere close to beating this game, but I can tell you, it's a damn fun ride and I've been enjoying it very much.
I gave up on Assassin's Creed before AC 3. I tried to play 3 and when I spend more time watching video than I do playing, then I just quit. Maybe this new one will have less watching and more playing?

SSJPhenom
10-05-2018, 07:16 AM
Definitely not a lot of watching. Also, 90% of the cut scenes in the game have dialogue options and choices for one to make. Definitely keeps you interested.

EnviousDominous
10-12-2018, 03:35 PM
I've been browsing some indy games on PSNOW. Here are a few reviews for your explicit enjoyment.

Dead Cells:

I have a love and hate relationship with the game. It's fun to play, but probably the hardest game I've ever played and I still haven't completed it after playing for two months.

It's a throwback to the days of Metroid, Castlevania, and (to a larger extent) Ninja Gaiden.

The game starts simple enough, you're an undead ninja who has to hack through dungeons because... I honestly don't know. You start with mediocre weaponry, and pick up better weapons and accessories on your way to your eventual demise. The point of the game is to eventually master it in every way and thereby manage to eek by the insanely difficult final level and final boss. There are videos on YouTube showing how some people can absolutely trounce the game and look stylish while doing it.

For my own experience, I've broken one controller and swore to never play the game ever again on a few occasions. Of course, I end up coming right back to torture myself by trying to beat the game. For a game that only cost about $17, it's getting a Hell of a lot of my time.

My advice for the bosses of the game:

The Concierge
This guy has a very basic routine that can be figured out quickly. He starts by stomping slowly toward you, occasionally doing a ground sweep attack that can be avoided by jumping. Wait for his main attack to be telegraphed, and roll behind him and attack to chip away at his health. As his health wares down, he'll employ a new strategy where he'll surround himself with a force field that can harm you if you're near. Just wait out the force field and continue rolling behind him after he attacks and attack him from behind. At the half-way point, he'll use his ground sweep attack and immediately afterward he'll leap toward you. Jump over the ground sweep, and roll past him when he leaps toward you. At this point, he doesn't pull out anything new.

Conjunctivius
This asshole, I tell you what. He floats around the arena, so melee attacks are basically useless unless you can trap him with a wolf trap. Wolf traps are an essential accessory for this battle, not just because they can hold Conjunctivius in place, but also because they hold his tentacles in place. After losing a quarter of his health, everytime he loses a quarter of his health, you'll have to fight his tentacles that are embedded in the ground. They're not that difficult to avoid and defeat, except that there will be one that rushes across the screen and can be very hard to avoid. Wolf traps hold the rushing tentacle in place so you can easily wail away at it. Another good item is the kunai blades, as you can continually whip them at him while he floats around and also cause bleeding.

It's a long battle for me no matter how good I do, I recommend only going through the path to fight this boss if you have to to obtain a specific rune. Later on, just stomp past the Conceirge and avoid this asshole.

The Time Keeper:
Holy shit, this is a tough ass boss. Oh and, this is a female character by the way. So yeah, you're getting your ass kicked by a girl 90% of the time that you fight The Time Keeper.

So, she will launch some shurikens in all directions and immediately toss a grappling hook at you. The hook can be avoided, or parried if you're that good, but 9 times out of 10 it catches me. If you jump or roll at the wrong split second, instead of avoiding the grappling hook it will catch you (even in midair). When you get pulled in, you're held in place and she'll hit you three times with her sword. If you have a shield (which I almost never have), then you can parry her attacks even through you're held in place. Parrying attacks still incurs some damage though.

My strategy? Be a cheap ass bitch. In the game you can obtain two accessory items, and the game allows you to have two of the same item if you so wish. There are two items, the sinew slicer and the double crossbow-o-matic. They sit in place, have a health bar of their own, and constantly launch projectiles at enemies that are nearby. I get one of each, or two of the same of either item before this fight. The AI will sometimes get confused, and the Time Keeper will focus attacks on these accessories. In the meantime while those items are chipping away at The Time Keeper's health, I stay as far away from that psycho as I possibly can.

That's right, I win the fight by avoiding it at all costs.

The Hand of the King:
Fuck this asshole. I have only made it to him a few times, because the level before getting to him is fucking ridiculous. Enemies can launch projectiles to hit you no matter where you are in proximity to them, enemies can stab through platforms and solid walls to hit you, and one enemy in particular does this tornado attack where you have to wait for him to finish as at that point nothing can hit him and you're fucked if you get sucked in.

Pits will open with spikes, and The Hand will rush at you to knock you into the pit. This sounds easy to avoid, but I'm telling you, this fucker gets me EVERY god damned time. I either roll too soon or too late, and he shoves me right into the spikes. I haven't even made it to the second of four phases of this battle, so I'd greatly appreciate any tips from anyone on here who has finessed the game.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:
I had some fun playing this as I was constantly making wisecracks that the main character was EC3, and he was trying to find his grandfather.

This game is a bit like one of my favorite games of all time, The Witness. You wander around solving puzzles, not really certain of what you're doing or what your goal is. The puzzles in this game are difficult to locate however, and you have to trek until the near end of the game map before you find a map that shows you where all the puzzles are located.

This game was more annoying for me. You don't unravel a mystery in this game, you just find random occurrences that make absolutely no sense, and you eventually realize that they weren't meant to make sense.

So... here's the spoiler for why this game isn't supposed to make sense:
You're in the dying dream of a young child. Everything you experience in the arboreal coastal environment is meant to represent his feelings toward his abusive family in some vague symbolic manner.

I believe that the developers built a map with odd puzzles, and incorporated the story (or lack of a story more like) at the last minute to give the game some amount of depth.

If you have a few hours to kill and want to get your mind off of something else, try this one. You won't feel great for beating the game, you'll get a sense of "Hmm, how about that." The best thing I can say about it is that it will likely help clear your head.

SSJPhenom
10-31-2018, 02:25 PM
Got Red Dead Redemption 2 last Friday when it came out. I'm not anywhere close to finishing the game because the game is vast and long, however, I'm going to go right ahead and say that it is a once in a generation game.

The amount of detail that Rockstar has put into this game is nothing short of amazing. Let me give some examples. You can interact/talk to every single NPC that's in the game. Every single one. Some you just say howdy to, some you just tip your hat to, but most you can actually carry on a conversation with. Those NPCs also remember events that happened. For example, if you have a fight with someone in the middle of town and a little while later you try to chat up a NPC, they'll likely say something along the lines of, "You're that feller that beat such n such half to death aren't you? I don't want any trouble mister...". Your character's hair grows in the game just as it would in real life. If you go a week in the game without shaving you'll clearly see the difference on your character. So, you don't just pick one hairstyle to wear throughout the game. You have to make sure your character eats. If he doesn't he'll start to lose weight and get sick which will lower his health. You have to make sure your horse is taken care of. It has to be fed, cleaned, etc. Your character also has to clean himself. If you go a week in the game without a bath, the NPCs will begin to talk to you and treat you differently. You have to dress your character according to the weather. When you hunt and skin an animal you actually skin the animal. It doesn't just happen off screen. The weather doesn't just change all at once like in other open world games. If there's a storm coming you can see it off in the distance getting closer and closer and while the storm is going on the whole sky doesn't just turn grey. There'll be dark clouds, white clouds, grey clouds, and as they move around, you can see the sun peaking through them. When you go into a shop to buy stuff, you don't just talk to the merchant and pick what you want to buy. You can go from shelf to shelf and actually pick up the items you're interested in and buy them. When you loot houses, you actually open cabinets, drawers, etc and root around in them to find things. When you loot dead enemies, you actually go through their pockets. You can hunt, fish, play poker, dominos, ride a train, rob a train, rob a stagecoach, rob any npc, etc etc.

There are dynamic side quests in the game. For example you'll be riding from camp to a town and all of a sudden you'll hear someone call out for help, or you'll hear gun shots off in the distance, or you'll see a camp fire off somewhere. When events like these happen they're a blast to explore because it makes it seem like you're a person in a living breathing world. Plus, they usually have great rewards as well. If you have a bounty on you in a certain area, when you return to that area bounty hunters will hunt you down or sometimes the law will. I haven't even gotten to the story yet, which so far is amazing.

This is game probably has GOTY on lock and for good reason. This year has been amazing with all the high quality games coming out one right after another. I don't remember a time period like this where so many great games came out so close to each other. I hope that this is something that can keep happening every year. Anyways, if you're thinking of getting RDR2, do it. If you're not thinking of getting it, you're wrong, get it. It's worth every single penny.

Slyfox696
10-31-2018, 06:12 PM
Two problems I've seen already with Red Dead Redemption:

1) It's not on PC

2) It seems like there is a LOT of time where you're not actually really playing anythign. Not a fan of those games.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Yes, I'm late to the party, but how is WWE 2K19?

SSJPhenom
10-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Two problems I've seen already with Red Dead Redemption:

1) It's not on PC

2) It seems like there is a LOT of time where you're not actually really playing anythign. Not a fan of those games.

There is a lot of time where you're not actually doing anything but riding or such, but it deminishes as the game goes on. It's really bad at the beginning but it gets better.

Slyfox696
12-04-2018, 12:48 PM
So I purchased Fire Pro Wrestling World the other day and am having a blast. Right now, I'm working on setting up my own promotion with a mixed roster of older workers and current workers (though mostly older).

Anyone else play this game?

Yaz
12-04-2018, 04:15 PM
I had downloaded a bunch of the workshop wrestlers. A mix of current stars and guys from the 80s and 90s I like, plus a handful of the MMA fighters and goofy celebrities. Not sure what happened but Steam deleted all my mods for the game so I have to start over. It's fun. Creating my own characters took a lot of time, which is a big reason I haven't jumped back in, but I had my own fed and everything. Its a lot of fun to just sit back and watch your characters have it it sometimes.

Spidey
12-04-2018, 06:25 PM
love Fire Pro Wrestling World. Sometimes I'll just kick back and put an AI fantasy match on. Enjoying it more than the real thing lately.

EnviousDominous
12-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Kickstarter is having an odd impact on the video game world. I don't think we have enough evidence right now to determine if it's a good thing that developers are able to fund entire video games with (most of the time) a very small amount of detail regarding how the finished product is supposed to look. Some games seem to still have some very basic level design not planned out by the time that they get their full funding.

A game that I'm excited to see, but won't be surprised if I'm disappointed by, is an indie game called Blasphemous.

I'll be honest, I'm a violence junkie. I saw a video preview of the game, which includes several scenes that the developers haven't yet incorporated into anything playable, and I was an instant fan.

The game is 2D, and only has a small area that's playable in a demo. You run through a desolate snowy area, and eventually arrive at a cathedral. It's noted before playing the demo that the game is still very early in its development, and is projected to be released in 2019. They don't specify a season, just 2019. Apparently it's going to be released on the Switch when it's released on PC, so that's a huge step.

There's something very cathartic about running around as a religious zealot, tearing through bad guys who apparently ended up with their fate because they were tempted into a lifestyle of blasphemy.

Yaz
12-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Kickstarter is having an odd impact on the video game world. I don't think we have enough evidence right now to determine if it's a good thing that developers are able to fund entire video games with (most of the time) a very small amount of detail regarding how the finished product is supposed to look. Some games seem to still have some very basic level design not planned out by the time that they get their full funding.

A game that I'm excited to see, but won't be surprised if I'm disappointed by, is an indie game called Blasphemous.

I'll be honest, I'm a violence junkie. I saw a video preview of the game, which includes several scenes that the developers haven't yet incorporated into anything playable, and I was an instant fan.

The game is 2D, and only has a small area that's playable in a demo. You run through a desolate snowy area, and eventually arrive at a cathedral. It's noted before playing the demo that the game is still very early in its development, and is projected to be released in 2019. They don't specify a season, just 2019. Apparently it's going to be released on the Switch when it's released on PC, so that's a huge step.

There's something very cathartic about running around as a religious zealot, tearing through bad guys who apparently ended up with their fate because they were tempted into a lifestyle of blasphemy.

That first part is a good point. I've kicked in for two or three games over the years and while I didn't hate any of them, none of them are what I would call good. I do think the issue lies in the lack of detail as to what the finished product looks like. As it stands, I have no issue with the system because I have yet to read any real horror stories, but one will happen one day and it will be interesting to see how things move forward from it.

Slyfox696
12-06-2018, 06:20 PM
I had downloaded a bunch of the workshop wrestlers. A mix of current stars and guys from the 80s and 90s I like, plus a handful of the MMA fighters and goofy celebrities. Not sure what happened but Steam deleted all my mods for the game so I have to start over. It's fun. Creating my own characters took a lot of time, which is a big reason I haven't jumped back in, but I had my own fed and everything. Its a lot of fun to just sit back and watch your characters have it it sometimes.
I agree. It's kind of like you can run your own EWR, with all the guys you want. And if you spend a little bit of time, you can have the correct entrance music and everything. Very good customization.

ashwinkumarzion
12-18-2018, 04:04 AM
One of my favourite game in my school days is Counterstrike which is very interesting and very good game to play. Playing as multiplayers is very happy to play. I like to remove the bomb as early as possible. I used to play in desktop computer with headphones.

Undying
12-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Fire Pro is amazing. I'm a huge New Japan fan so the fact that it came with the guys plus more in DLC coming soon sold me and the fact I can do the G1 Climax through league and have downloaded the ring designs for Wrestle Kingdom just made it a no brainer. I chose it over 2k19 and havent been disappointed and probably wont pick up another 2k game.

I usually sim almost every match which makes it more fun. Ambrose and Reigns had a blood batch of a match the other day and Dunne is at 11 title defenses for the IWGP Jr title all through sim and just beat Zack Sabre in a 50 minute match the other day. Cant say enough good things about the game.

Slyfox696
12-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Grand Theft Auto V is on sale at Humble Bundle, in case you're like me and haven't bought it yet. It's about $15 and that includes the Premium Online pack.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
01-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Wasn't a big fan of Hitman games before I booted up Hitman 2. I am after this game. Fantastic.

SSJPhenom
01-29-2019, 12:12 AM
Played the Anthem demo over the weekend. What I actually got to play was pretty good. The controls in the world were very tight and responsive and combat was a blast. Nothing beats being able to just take off like Iron Man at anytime, though, and pretty much go wherever you want. Flying was so damn cool. I will say, however, that if the actual game's servers are as bad as this demo's servers then forget about it. I had essentially three days to play this game and there wasn't one time during the three days where I didn't get kicked, couldn't connect, glitch out, etc. Hope they fix that.

Also picked up the remake for Resident Evil 2. Anyone who knows me knows that Resident Evil is my all time favorite video game franchise. So I may be biased here, but damnit Resident Evil 2 remake is the absolute greatest RE game ever made. Imagine, for those who haven't played it, the best parts of every RE game rolled into one to recreate, quite possibly, the best game in the franchise. The tight closed off spaces of the first three games, with the over the shoulder action of 4 and 5, with the atmosphere and graphics of 7, and a retelling of one of the best stories the franchise has ever had. It is absolutely wonderful and damn scary too. GOTY candidate for sure. Now I just hope that the rumors are true and they're already working on the remake for RE 3: Nemesis. That is my favorite game in the franchise and if they remade that like they did this one, OMG!!!!

Slyfox696
01-29-2019, 08:35 AM
Played the Anthem demo over the weekend. What I actually got to play was pretty good. The controls in the world were very tight and responsive and combat was a blast. Nothing beats being able to just take off like Iron Man at anytime, though, and pretty much go wherever you want. Flying was so damn cool. I will say, however, that if the actual game's servers are as bad as this demo's servers then forget about it. I had essentially three days to play this game and there wasn't one time during the three days where I didn't get kicked, couldn't connect, glitch out, etc. Hope they fix that.

Also picked up the remake for Resident Evil 2. Anyone who knows me knows that Resident Evil is my all time favorite video game franchise. So I may be biased here, but damnit Resident Evil 2 remake is the absolute greatest RE game ever made. Imagine, for those who haven't played it, the best parts of every RE game rolled into one to recreate, quite possibly, the best game in the franchise. The tight closed off spaces of the first three games, with the over the shoulder action of 4 and 5, with the atmosphere and graphics of 7, and a retelling of one of the best stories the franchise has ever had. It is absolutely wonderful and damn scary too. GOTY candidate for sure. Now I just hope that the rumors are true and they're already working on the remake for RE 3: Nemesis. That is my favorite game in the franchise and if they remade that like they did this one, OMG!!!!
I didn't realize the Anthem demo was available. I'm not really interested in it, but as much hype as EA put behind it, I may give it a shot.

SSJPhenom
01-29-2019, 11:18 PM
You had to have pre-ordered the game to have played this past weekend. I think the open beta, however, will be open to all users Feb 1-3. If they can fix the servers and the infinite load glitch then it'll be worth it. The combat was freaking amazing. I had a blast fighting and what not. Exploration was also very fun. In free play you just fly around an open world and complete certain tasks and find new loot and items that can be used to upgrade your armor and weapons. There are caves, underground caverns, under water stuff, world events that happen like Titans and giant monsters popping up. I wasn't too impressed with what I seen of the story, but the game play was amazing. Again, what little I got to play glitch free and server issue free.

Slyfox696
02-03-2019, 02:58 PM
You had to have pre-ordered the game to have played this past weekend. I think the open beta, however, will be open to all users Feb 1-3. If they can fix the servers and the infinite load glitch then it'll be worth it. The combat was freaking amazing. I had a blast fighting and what not. Exploration was also very fun. In free play you just fly around an open world and complete certain tasks and find new loot and items that can be used to upgrade your armor and weapons. There are caves, underground caverns, under water stuff, world events that happen like Titans and giant monsters popping up. I wasn't too impressed with what I seen of the story, but the game play was amazing. Again, what little I got to play glitch free and server issue free.

I have the EA Origin Access Premier, so I believe I'd be available for any beta.

SSJPhenom
02-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Did you get to play? If so, what'd you think of it?

Resident Evil 2 remake is the greatest RE game made to date. It's amazing, hands down the best game of 2019 (so far). I love it!!! Also, it's been leaked and confirmed that the next RE game to hit shelves will be the remake of RE 3: Nemesis. Which is scheduled for next year around this time. After that, it's RE 8 which will follow up with the storyline of the Bakers from RE 7 and how Evelyn was created, who created her, why they created her, and what their plans are. According to sources, that game is going to have the new characters Ethan and Mia as well as some of the older RE mainstays like Chris, Leon, Jill, Ada, and Claire. Can't wait. That's scheduled for 2022.

SSJPhenom
03-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Anthem is about 10 pounds of monkey crap in a 5 pound bag. It sucks. The gameplay is fun and amazing, but you can only do the same missions over and over and fight the exact same enemies over and over so many times before you get bored out of your mind. Idc how much you can fly. Stay away from Anthem.

Can't wait for DMC 5 Friday. Besides Resident Evil, Devil May Cry is my favorite game franchise. I played the demo and it's awesome. Feels like classic DMC with great graphics. Can't wait.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Anthem is about 10 pounds of monkey crap in a 5 pound bag. It sucks. The gameplay is fun and amazing, but you can only do the same missions over and over and fight the exact same enemies over and over so many times before you get bored out of your mind. Idc how much you can fly. Stay away from Anthem.

Can't wait for DMC 5 Friday. Besides Resident Evil, Devil May Cry is my favorite game franchise. I played the demo and it's awesome. Feels like classic DMC with great graphics. Can't wait.

Ya I saw that on The Angry Joe show, too bad because it had a ton of potential.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Any good Xbox 1 games coming out soon? I've been out of the loop for quite some time.

Yaz
03-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Exclusives, no, but the new Mortal Kombat hits in early April for PS4 and XBone. Its about the biggest title coming soon I can think of off the top of my head. Definitely in the slow part of the year for releases.

Yaz
03-04-2019, 10:11 PM

Have you never played an MMO?

It is by no means a game that lived up to the hype, but its far from a game you need to stay away from. It doesn't mean EA and Bioware get a pass for it, but give it five or six months and it should be better. Its an issue a lot of MMOs face.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-04-2019, 10:28 PM
Any good Xbox 1 games coming out soon? I've been out of the loop for quite some time.

I think the biggest title coming out soon from Xbox One is easily Cyberpunk 2077. I have my fingers crossed that its not a goddamn unfinished, buggy mess at launch because it looks awesome and has some hype behind it
Plus its an RPG and I've been starving for new RPGs lately.

*Edit* Plus, the Witcher 3 Director just took over the project for whatever reason. Another reason I think it should be good.

Yaz
03-04-2019, 11:33 PM
I think the biggest title coming out soon from Xbox One is easily Cyberpunk 2077. I have my fingers crossed that its not a goddamn unfinished, buggy mess at launch because it looks awesome and has some hype behind it
Plus its an RPG and I've been starving for new RPGs lately.

*Edit* Plus, the Witcher 3 Director just took over the project for whatever reason. Another reason I think it should be good.

Don't worry your pretty little head Jeff, CD Projekt Red is one of the few companies you can count on these days to get shit done right. I've never even played the tabletop game, but Cyberpunk looks like something I need shot directly into my veins.