PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 35

DNA 2.0
11-09-2018, 03:58 PM
So, with Roman Reigns out of the picture and Triple H possibly injured for a long time, this thread really catches my interest. WWE has been putting Roman on the main event of Wrestlemania ever since WM 31. He was undoubtly a huge deal for WWE for the event. But now, he's out of the picture. Triple H might also be out of the picture. There are also plenty of rumors flying around about HBK having a match and Batista having a match. I really hope they don't wrestle. I usually don't mind part-timers coming back, but I'm tired of this. Let's see how WWE's active roster can rise up to the occassion instead.

Booking the card was hard for me, since we've seen most feuds that we could see on WWE.

Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar(c) vs Seth Rollins
For me WWE should push Seth Rollins as the next big babyface. His feud with heel Dean Ambrose will probably make him even more red hot than what he is now. He will be ready to face Brock Lesnar at the main event of Wrestlemania 35 and dethrone him. Have him win the Elimination Chamber.

WWE Championship - AJ Styles(c) vs The Miz vs Daniel Bryan
Styles faces and beats The Miz at TLC. Then he beats Bryan at the Royal Rumble, but with the help of The Miz. Styles kinda turns heel since he beats Daniel with Miz's help. Bryan enters the Rumble in order to take revenge against The Miz. Miz does everything during the match to eliminate Bryan. Finally, it's just Bryan and the Miz remaining as the final two. Gallows and Anderson appear and help the Miz win the Rumble. The leads to a weird triangle with Styles saying that he had nothing to do with The Miz helping him and Gallows and Anderson joining the Miz, so he gives Bryan a rematch at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Shane refuses the match. Instead he books Miz, Anderson and Gallows vs Bryan 3-on-1. This makes Bryan even more suspicious. He thinks that everybody is plotting against him. Miz and company beat Bryan. They proceed to a post-match beatdown. Styles appears. The club leaves without hurting Styles. Styles tries to make peace with Daniel but Daniel puts him in the Yes Lock. In the following weeks Bryan goes on a rampage in order to be put in the title match at Wrestlemania, Styles now is mad both at The Miz and Bryan and Miz is trying to light the fire between Bryan and Styles even more. This leads to the triple threat at Wrestlemania.

The "It's not your scene anymore" Money In The Bank Ladder match - John Cena vs Kurt Angle vs Bobby Lashley vs Randy Orton vs Shane McMahon vs Jeff Hardy
Wrestlemania crowds love these matches. Plus it's Jeff and Shane in a hardcore match.

RAW Women's Championship w/ Stephanie as the special guest referee - Charlotte vs Ronda Rousey(c)
Charlotte wins the Royal Rumble. And you just know that Stephanie will get involved.

SD Women's Championship - Becky Lynch(c) vs Asuka
Asuka needs redemption.

Tag Team match, maybe for the RAW Tag Titles - Drew & Dolph vs Owens & Zayn
That's your dream match and you don't even know it, yet.

No Holds Barred match - The Undertaker vs Braun Strowman
This is what Braun will turn into and Wrestlemania is all about the spectacle, so here's a spectacle.

Intercontinental Championship - The Lunatic Psychopath(c) vs The Demon King
This just screams IC title match and the gimmicks would make for a nice somewhat cringe-y, somewhat serious build-up.

United States Championship - Shinsuke Nakamura(c) vs Samoa Joe
Nakamura will turn face again. Him vs Joe will be a nice US Championship Wrestlemania match.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal - winner: Rusev

Women's Battle Royal

Cruiserweight Championship match involving Rey Mysterio

What are your cards?

smarkmouth
12-13-2018, 02:59 PM
I'm even more at a loss about where they're going now. Daniel Bryan's heel turn and championship reign have REALLY thrown a curve ball that changes WM35's complexion as much as Roman's hiatus does. Thought they would turn Miz but it looks like Miz is facing Shane, and the only top babyfaces on Smackdown right now aside from AJ are Hardy and Rey Mysterio, neither of which appeals to me as a Mania marquee match.

Perhaps they have to go the multi-man route for the WWE Title? Bryan vs AJ vs Joe vs Shinsuke, perhaps.

Y 2 Jake
12-16-2018, 02:55 AM
I'd be surprised if Joe and Nakamura even made the main card.

smarkmouth
12-16-2018, 05:49 AM
I mean, same here, I just couldn't see where they're going with the WWE title... until the thought of heel Daniel Bryan defended against John Cena entered my mind.

Jack-Hammer
12-16-2018, 06:34 AM
I could see Daniel Bryan defending against Cena at WrestleMania. Cena's officially and truly a part timer now and he even recently said that his "time" is over and that it's someone else's time now. If there's a Superstar Shakeup before then, which is possible as ratings are sort of in the toilet right now and Vince is going to be on Raw tomorrow night, I could also see someone like Seth Rollins challenging Bryan at WrestleMania. Rollins has been the true workhorse of the red brand this year and he's ready to head back to the main event picture.

What I absolutely do NOT want to see happen, and this may be a worst case scenario, is for the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania XXXV to feature Shane McMahon.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-16-2018, 07:39 AM
I think Bryan should lose the title ASAP. Sorry, not sorry.

ShinChan
12-16-2018, 07:41 AM
I think Bryan should lose the title ASAP. Sorry, not sorry.
And the reason being?

#AbsoluteUnit
12-16-2018, 09:51 AM
And the reason being?

Not at liberty to discuss this situation at this time.

mrluck_07
12-16-2018, 04:35 PM
I could see Daniel Bryan defending against Cena at WrestleMania. Cena's officially and truly a part timer now and he even recently said that his "time" is over and that it's someone else's time now. If there's a Superstar Shakeup before then, which is possible as ratings are sort of in the toilet right now and Vince is going to be on Raw tomorrow night, I could also see someone like Seth Rollins challenging Bryan at WrestleMania. Rollins has been the true workhorse of the red brand this year and he's ready to head back to the main event picture.

What I absolutely do NOT want to see happen, and this may be a worst case scenario, is for the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania XXXV to feature Shane McMahon.

Doubt that happens.

DNA 2.0
01-19-2019, 02:26 PM
There are definately some interesting rumor flowing around Wrestlemania 35 and those include...

Lesnar vs Rollins
Styles vs Orton
Bryan vs HBK
Triple H vs Batista
Becky vs Ronda
Undertaker vs Balor

I can't say I'm hyped. WWE have shot themselves on the foot so many times these past 2 years and have completely shuttered the momentum of many stars. Everybody looks like everybody at this point, there's no different in having Balor vs Taker or Zayn vs Taker or even EC3 vs Taker. Not for me. Add the Roman Reigns hopefully-not-retirement in there. The entire roster is butchered. Bryan's gimmick and heel turn is the only thing that looks fresh and unique.

smarkmouth
01-29-2019, 06:51 AM
At risk of Charlotte beating Asuka again, WrestleMania 35 should end with the 4 Horsewomen standing tall, all champions.

Y 2 Jake
01-31-2019, 09:17 AM
Bryan retains until Mania, that much seems certain. I'm thinking Undertaker could be his opponent.

- Big match
- Has to appeal to both guys
- People want to see it
- No obvious opponent for either

FunKay
01-31-2019, 10:08 AM
Bryan retains until Mania, that much seems certain. I'm thinking Undertaker could be his opponent.

- Big match
- Has to appeal to both guys
- People want to see it
- No obvious opponent for either

I had similar sentiments, but with Cena instead of Taker. Cena going for number 17 versus "I'm going to be champion forever" could be a fun wrinkle to a match that has a lot of history behind it already.

SmackDown in general is quite intriguing heading into Mania. Aside from Miz/Shane, nothing seems very concrete over there, with Bryan, Styles, Joe, Ali, Orton, Hardy, Mysterio, Andrade, Rusev, Nakamura, and I suppose Truth too, all without a really obvious Mania match. Like obviously Ali and Joe are at each other right right now, same with Rey and Andrade, but can we see them dragging them to singles matches at WrestleMania? So I'm intrigued about where we go...

Yaz
01-31-2019, 12:41 PM
I was thinking about potential off the wall opponents for Bryan at Mania and there is one guy who stands out above all the other left field candidates, Aleister Black. He has a very polished style in ring that I think would mesh well with Bryan and he has enough of a character that he wouldn't need much time to connect with fans, assuming they allow him to do so. His time in NXT seems wrapped up and I would absolutely love to see what sort of entrance they can cook up for him on the biggest stage possible.

I even think the whole Captain Planet Bryan versus the Occult Black could be interesting.

JHOLCOMB22
01-31-2019, 01:20 PM
I still want a face Miz going over a Heel Bryan at Mania more than anything.
I like the idea of the 4 horsewomen all champions celebrating a la Eddie/Benoit at 20
I think both these men are switching brands whenever they shake things up, so I would like to see Balor vs Styles again

Storm Trooper
01-31-2019, 10:34 PM
Cena/Bryan makes a lot of sense for WWE. They can also play into the Cena/Nikki breakup, with Bryan defending his sister-in-law, and Cena winning anyway because he's the best. Not that I want the Bella's on my TV, but WWE does, and as such they could do that.

Of course, that's only if he's available, with his full-time acting career keeping him busy.

The Aleister Black idea is great, but it would have been better if he got the title shot by winning the Rumble. And then chose Lesnar. And won. In 10 seconds.

ShinChan
02-01-2019, 12:41 AM
Cena/Bryan makes a lot of sense for WWE. They can also play into the Cena/Nikki breakup, with Bryan defending his sister-in-law, and Cena winning anyway because he's the best. Not that I want the Bella's on my TV, but WWE does, and as such they could do that.

Of course, that's only if he's available, with his full-time acting career keeping him busy.

The Aleister Black idea is great, but it would have been better if he got the title shot by winning the Rumble. And then chose Lesnar. And won. In 10 seconds.
We can always dream and then,

"The Dream has no memory of that."

Y 2 Jake
02-12-2019, 08:41 AM
With Ambrose leaving I wouldn't have him in an official match but I would have him come put and cut a promo. He can then run down the promotion and it can be used as a way to introduce somebody from NXT, like Black or Dream, who then defeats him in an impromptu match.

It'd make a change from them just appearing on Raw the next night and could instantly make them one of the hottest stars in the company going forward.

smarkmouth
02-12-2019, 10:25 AM
With Ambrose leaving I wouldn't have him in an official match but I would have him come put and cut a promo. He can then run down the promotion and it can be used as a way to introduce somebody from NXT, like Black or Dream, who then defeats him in an impromptu match.

It'd make a change from them just appearing on Raw the next night and could instantly make them one of the hottest stars in the company going forward.

I like it, but I feel like last night teased a retcon on his heel turn. He's had that "babyface" dynamic about him last week, and telling Rollins to slay the beast seems to reaffirm that. I won't be surprised if Dean's in Rollins' corner for WrestleMania, or if we get one last Fist Bump from the entire Shield after the match.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Or, he doesn't have to show up at all.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-12-2019, 11:21 AM
I like Jake's idea, but do they have time for that? It would be more meaningful at WrestleMania, but you might have to do it on the Raw after.

Y 2 Jake
02-12-2019, 11:47 AM
I always find it strange how they produce such long shows and mismanage the timing of things almost yearly.

DNA 2.0
02-19-2019, 11:51 AM
So I guess we're not getting HBK or Triple H at Wrestlemania huh?

Jack-Hammer
03-15-2019, 07:18 AM
Based on various rumors and the lay of the land in WWE, the final card, as of right now, is expected to look like this:

WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins (Confirmed)
WWE Championship - "The New" Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston (Probable)
WWE Intercontinental Championship - Bobby Lashley vs. Finn Balor (Possible)
WWE United States Championship - Samoa Joe vs. John Cena (Rumored)
WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Buddy Murphy vs. Cedric Alexander or Tony Nese (Confirmed)
WWE Raw Women's Championship - Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (Confirmed)
WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Asuka vs. Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville (Probable)
WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - The Revival vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black (Possible)
WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs. the Hardy Boyz vs. the Bar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev (Possible)
No Holds Barred Match - Triple H vs. Batista (Confirmed)
Retirement Match - Kurt Angle vs. ? (Confirmed)
Singles Match - AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton (Confirmed)
Singles Match - The Miz vs. Shane McMahon (Confirmed)
Singles Match - The Undertaker vs. "The Demon King" Finn Balor (Rumored)
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Probable)
WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal (Probable)

As of right now, there are seven matches confirmed for WrestleMania, though the participants in a few of those matches are yet to be announced. Some of the rumors I've heard include Samoa Joe taking on John Cena for the United States Championship or Cena possibly taking on Angle in his retirement match. I've also heard of Lashley & Balor having an IC title match, though there are also rumors that there'll be a surprise bout featuring Taker at WrestleMania in which he takes on Balor under the Demon King persona; while certainly possible, I think it's the biggest long shot on the card. New Day could be added to the SD Tag Team Championship match, though I would think their role will be to be at ringside for Kofi's match against Daniel Bryan.

If most of this holds out, which I think it will, then we're probably looking at a 14 to 15 match ard, which is absolutely fucking insane. I feel like I need a nap already just thinking about sitting through that much. This is Vince taking the more is better philosophy to an extreme as by the time WrestleMania ends, you won't have fans left wanting more but, rather, you'll e left with fans grateful that the show is over because they'll be friggin' exhausted.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Don't forget Reigns vs McIntyre. I also expect one of the midcard titles to be a multi-man ladder match.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot about Bayley and Sasha defending their tag titles.

Jesus Christ this show is going to be 10 hours long.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Is there an Andre The Giant Battle Royale this year? I haven't heard a word about it.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-15-2019, 07:40 PM
It wouldn't be missed if they didn't have it this year. I know Vince wants everyone on the card, but it's just unnecessary and time consuming.

smarkmouth
03-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Any thoughts on how Kofi gets to WrestleMania? Seems they've exhausted every straight-forward angle, right up unto Vince saying that this was the "last" opportunity. I came across one fan theory I quite like, suggesting that The New Day will put their careers on the line on a coming Tuesday to try and get Kofi the shot he deserves. I like this one because it continues to perpetuate how supportive they have been to their friend. Not their leader, their friend. Not something you see a lot of in wrestling storytelling.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Any thoughts on how Kofi gets to WrestleMania?

Most likely by plane or car.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-23-2019, 07:59 AM
Any thoughts on how Kofi gets to WrestleMania? Seems they've exhausted every straight-forward angle, right up unto Vince saying that this was the "last" opportunity. I came across one fan theory I quite like, suggesting that The New Day will put their careers on the line on a coming Tuesday to try and get Kofi the shot he deserves. I like this one because it continues to perpetuate how supportive they have been to their friend. Not their leader, their friend. Not something you see a lot of in wrestling storytelling.

I heard they are running a Gauntlet 2, this time it will be more fair. He just has to get by The Uso's, The Bar, Revival, Brock Lesnar, Drew MacIntyre, Bobby Lashley, The Shield and a surprise Brock Lesnar again.

Y 2 Jake
03-25-2019, 05:02 PM
Finn Balor faces Lashley and Lio Rush in a 2-on-1 handicap match tonight for the opportunity to face Lashley in a Fastlane and Raw rematch at WrestleMania.

So Styles/Orton is no longer my piss break match.

Storm Trooper
03-26-2019, 03:19 AM

I'm VERY nervous they're thinking of going the race route. I'm hoping they don't but I don't know anymore.

With HHH putting his career on the line now, and Kurt Angle ending his career, I hope they don't do the career thing. It's too many careers at stake.

All along I thought they would have done the whole "Vince is out of touch" thing and the other McMahons would overrule him, but that no longer seems likely. McMahons have all broken off into 4 different matches with no interplay between them.

Yaz
03-26-2019, 03:58 AM
At the end of the night the winners from the top billed matches will have a fatal four way with a McMahon in each corner, ala WrestleMania 2000. Shane will be in Batista's corner because they are both heels with fine motives but it took them ages to get their motives sorted, Triple H will come out with new NXT Champion Johnny Gargano on the back of his bike from his last few Mania entrances and point to him in a photo op before letting him flounder on the main roster, Steph will be with Becky to shoehorn Steph as the person who invented women's wrestling, Vince will hop on the Rollins wagon simply so he can screw him over and put Roman back in a main event, and Linda will come back in a surprise move to back Kofi to try to restart her political career. It is still gonna be a four way as Gargano is just there for show.

smarkmouth
03-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Joan Jett is set to perform Bad Reputation while Ronda Rousey makes her entrance. If she doesn't also play Cherry Bomb while Drax the Destroyer makes his entrance it's a missed opportunity.

Y 2 Jake
03-26-2019, 09:53 AM
I thought she was dead.

smarkmouth
03-26-2019, 10:42 AM
Alive and well. I was lucky enough to see her play Rockfest a few years back. Rocks just as hard as any other act at that festival.

Y 2 Jake
03-31-2019, 04:01 AM
Ricochet and Black vs. The Usos at Mania? Can't see The Revival retaining on Monday.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-31-2019, 07:33 AM
Just 7 days left folks.

Jack-Hammer
04-03-2019, 07:14 AM
As of this morning, WWE announced that the 6th annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and the 2nd annual WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal will be on the WrestleMania kickoff show. I'm a little surprised by this really as I figured both these would be on the main card; the ATGMBR has those two jerks from SNL competing in it and the WWE is in full rah-rah mode when it comes to the women so I figured their battle royal would be there as well, but maybe they figure the women's tag match and the women main eventing the show is good enough, which is most certainly is in my opinion. They could still add a third one before long and history indicates it'll be the Cruiserweight Championship match, though I already expected it to be on the kickoff show.

Unless something changes, this is the full show as of right now:

WrestleMania Kickoff Show:

6th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
2nd Annual WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal

WrestleMania 35:

WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins
WWE Championship - Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner Takes All - Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
WWE Intercontinental Championship - Bobby Lashley vs. Finn Balor
WWE United States Championship - Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio
WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Buddy Murphy vs. Tony Nese
WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. the Bar vs. Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura
WWE Women's Tag Team Championsip - The Boss 'N' Hug Connection vs. Nia Jax & Tamina, the Icconics vs. the Divas of Doom
No Holds Barred Match - Triple H vs. Batista
Last Man Standing Match - The Miz vs. Shane McMahon
Retirement Match - Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin
Singles Match - Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
Singles Match - AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
Various Non-Wrestling Segments

I'll probably skip the kickoff show this time around as neither battle royal interests me at all, it might be different if winning them actually had some sort of meaningful impact on the winner's careers.

Y 2 Jake
04-03-2019, 07:37 AM
That's where they both belong, even if some of the competitors in them don't.

I'm glad because I think that guarantees that the Smackdown tag match makes the main card and I think that could be a pretty fantastic 10 minute match.

Y 2 Jake
04-05-2019, 08:54 AM
The Revival vs. Hawkins and Ryder has been added, bumping the running time of the show to half a day.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Goodness this is one of the dumbest things WWE has done in a while, and that's no exaggeration.

1 - Hawkins and Ryder haven't wrestled on Raw in over a month. They literally haven't built this match in at least a month.

2 - The Revival have been feuding with Aleister Black and Ricochet, and their championship match on Raw had a screwy finish. How are they not the challengers? They would also have a much better match.

3 - Instead Black and Ricochet are in the Smackdown match, sending the Hardys to the ATGMBR.

4 - Curt Hawkins hasn't won a match in over 2.5 years and now has a match at WrestleMania. Kevin Owens does not.

5 - THE WRESTLEMANIA CARD NOW HAS SIXTEEN MATCHES!!! You have to feel bad for Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda because no one is going to care by that point. Either the show is going to be 8 hours long, or several matches are getting cut for time.

smarkmouth
04-05-2019, 10:40 AM
It's actually a shame how promising the storyline of Revival vs the Majors could have been, with the lovable losers keep trying to get a tag title match against the consummate professional heel tag team. Instead, Revival got thrown into countless Ricochet/Aleister combinations, leaving Ryder and Hawkins out doing, as noted, NOTHING that earns a Mania match. I'm not saying this would have burned any barns, but the story could have been, y'know, present.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-05-2019, 12:52 PM
This event will go until like 3:00 at the rate it's going.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
04-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Wrestlemania 4 had 16 matches 31 Wrestlemania's ago and turned out ok.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Wrestlemania 4 had 16 matches 31 Wrestlemania's ago and turned out ok.

It was universally considered a bad show, mostly due to having so many matches.

Y 2 Jake
04-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Prediction: Balor comes out as a pride inspired Demon.