PDA

View Full Version : Please Let It Be Wrong. Becky Lynch Possibly Off Survivor Series Due To Concussion

klunderbunker
11-13-2018, 01:51 PM
https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/breaking-becky-lynch-possibly-survivor-series-due-injuries/

Egads tell me this isn't happening.

smarkmouth
11-13-2018, 01:57 PM
Possibly the worst timing for Lynch, as the iron is white hot with her right now. I hope they still afford Becky some creative writing to keep her on TV in a relevant capacity.

Sidebar: getting really tired of your shit, Nia. Link to the blow in question; https://twitter.com/briantheguppie/status/1062450845911080960?s=19

BestSportsEntertainer
11-13-2018, 02:07 PM
You have to feel bad for Becky. She's in the middle of the most successful run of her career, so the timing couldn't have been much worse. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery and that Vince doesn't give up on her.

Spidey
11-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Of course they could swing this in Becky's favor like they did for Austin and the countless other legit injured workers who had segments where they're pissed off at sitting out of matches, but people might like that and it could go against whatever image WWE wants for her so ...

I hope it's not serious enough to change the one match that felt important. Outside of Evolution, the big events have been poop lately.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-13-2018, 03:04 PM
I sure will blame this entirely on Nia, of course.

Yaz
11-13-2018, 03:26 PM
So much for the Irish War Paint

But concussions are nothing to mess with so I can't hold it against whoever made this call.

smarkmouth
11-13-2018, 04:00 PM
I sure will blame this entirely on Nia, of course.

It's hard not too. Mayweather would probably admire that right hand, which, by the way, why the hell would she do that when when she's not the focal point of the brawl?

Skairipa
11-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Yeah I like Nia but I'm putting the blame on her too, and didn't she injure Sasha and Alexa within the last year too? I'm about 99% sure on Sasha at least. She's going to get herself a reputation for being unsafe.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-13-2018, 05:59 PM
It's hard not too. Mayweather would probably admire that right hand, which, by the way, why the hell would she do that when when she's not the focal point of the brawl?

I was joking though..

smarkmouth
11-13-2018, 06:01 PM
My bad, but this wasn't an honest botch. Straight right hand to Becky's nose. Hard to blame anyone else on this.

Spidey
11-13-2018, 06:10 PM
Yeah I like Nia but I'm putting the blame on her too, and didn't she injure Sasha and Alexa within the last year too? I'm about 99% sure on Sasha at least. She's going to get herself a reputation for being unsafe.

We talked on Discord, but in case some others get it in their heads this is truth, it's not.

If anything Nia is injury-prone, not one who injures others. You guys can Google this yourselves. It's not like she's Bliss, Sasha, Tamina etc. here.

Ronda Rousey literally sidelined Bliss and that's why she's not competing at Survivor Series, but because this accident was against a roaring hot Becky Lynch and it was by a fatty who only has a job because The Rock, fans will ignore it and call for Nia's head.

It was an unfortunate accident. Par for the course of wrestling.

Skairipa
11-14-2018, 02:48 AM
We talked on Discord, but in case some others get it in their heads this is truth, it's not.

If anything Nia is injury-prone, not one who injures others. You guys can Google this yourselves. It's not like she's Bliss, Sasha, Tamina etc. here.

Ronda Rousey literally sidelined Bliss and that's why she's not competing at Survivor Series, but because this accident was against a roaring hot Becky Lynch and it was by a fatty who only has a job because The Rock, fans will ignore it and call for Nia's head.

It was an unfortunate accident. Par for the course of wrestling.

You know after talking on discord i don't really think Nia is unsafe, but i looked some things up and jeez she has a bad history. Last year she caused Bayley to miss Summerslam due to injuring her, and apparently Zelina Vega got a concussion at Evolution because of the way Nia threw her out of the ring. I like her and all, but at what point do you say it's on her?

Jack-Hammer
11-14-2018, 05:47 AM
I'm not a fan of Nia at all. To me, she has no discernable talent and I'm not going to pretend otherwise just because she's a big girl and it's become fashionable to try to twist any critique of a big girl as an attack just because she's overweight. My dislike for her has nothing to with her being big or as a person, at least not in the sense of how I look at someone as a human being, I just don't think she's all that good of a wrestler. If there's heat on her in this situation, then I think it's justified as she's caused significant injury to someone else and she has a bit of a history of injuring other wrestlers. Becky is arguably the best and hottest thing going in WWE; I don't know if they're letting her do her own promos or if she's just really, really good at making scripted ones come off as though they're her words but, either way, it comes off like she's getting over in a very organic way and that feels so very, very, very much different from what we're used to on WWE's main roster. I was genuinely looking forward to her match with Rousey at Survivor Series, and so was a whole lot of other people, but it is what it is.

If there's heat in Nia, I don't think there'll be any major consequences. I don't believe she'll be moved further down on the card and she certainly won't be let go over this so aside from a good tongue lashing, she'll probably come out unscathed. I mean, it's highly unlikely she'd be taking the Raw Women's Championship from Rousey in the first place, whenever her shot is set to ultimately take place, and my guess is that if WWE is going to implement some sort of women's tag team titles, it might explain why she's saddled with an even bigger piece of dead weight, AKA Tamina, as an ally/partner beyond just the whole familial connection.

Y 2 Jake
11-14-2018, 07:49 AM
Long term this is good news. I expected her to worm her way into the Rousey Mania match anyway, now they'll likely go with Becky winning the Rumble and challenging Rousey.

Yaz
11-14-2018, 08:13 PM
So Becky is going full savage on Ronda. Like she just went for the throat, the heart, and the soul with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1062799029325778944

ShinChan
11-15-2018, 01:15 AM
So Becky is going full savage on Ronda. Like she just went for the throat, the heart, and the soul with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1062799029325778944
Her response to Nia was savage as well.

Spidey
11-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Blessing in disguise, from the looks of it now.

Yaz
11-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Rumor now is Becky vs Ronda will headline Mania.