PDA

View Full Version : Elite To Start Their Own Promotion?

klunderbunker
11-21-2018, 11:41 PM
Well now they have trademarks and seem to have a backer.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/thats-big-step-rumored-independent-wrestling-promotion-registers-trademarks-including-company-name/

Oh yeah this could be big. Or it could flop. You never can tell about these things.

Jack-Hammer
11-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Having a financial backer like Tony Khan is a big step. His father is worth somewhere in the vicinity of $7.5 billion and was ranked #70 in Forbes 400 list and I believe Tony is worth a billion or so himself.

But yeah, it's entirely, 100% too early to read anything into this whatsoever. Unless any sort of contracts have been signed, this could all completely come unraveled at the drop of a hat.

Ollie
11-29-2018, 01:22 PM
There's some kind of rumour that Cody's gonna announce something in January.

I think that's the hot time to go for. Wrestle Kingdom plus the beginning of the build to Mania, Q1 is the hottest time for everything wrestling-related.

If there was money in it, I would actually be okay with some sort of mass exodus from WWE. It would be good for burgeoning promotions elsewhere, and it would help the roster bloat in WWE itself, so the people that remained there could actually get some more screen time.

Skairipa
11-29-2018, 05:57 PM
On Being The Elite, they've all been teasing something for January 1st so expect something then if they are involved I'd say.