PDA

View Full Version : Spots/Moves You Don't See Much Anymore

Yaz
01-05-2019, 03:46 AM
I was always a sucker for guys using the camera cables to choke an opponent.

JHOLCOMB22
01-05-2019, 07:18 AM
I miss seeing Sami Zayn suicide dive through the corner ropes into a DDT

Storm Trooper
01-05-2019, 07:28 AM
No one seems to grey but with the ring bell anymore. It is one of yhr few weapons that makes sense to be used, since it has a purpose at Ringside, not to mention the super-heel nature of shoving an innocent timekeeper away to use his tool for evil.

smarkmouth
01-05-2019, 07:50 AM
I miss them not doing tower of dooms.

Slyfox696
01-05-2019, 09:08 AM
You don't see the "Test of Strength" or the bad guy offering a handshake and the good guy looking to the crowd to decide if he should much anymore, at least as far as I'm aware.

Y 2 Jake
01-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Piledrivers in WWE

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
01-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Good ol sand attack to the eyes. Also see: Mystery powder, ceremonial salt.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Chokeslams.

Yer Maw
01-05-2019, 02:47 PM
A brisk wind knocking down the referee for half an hour

Spidey
01-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Plants. In an age where almost every fan recognizes indy/NXT talent, it is refreshing to go back and see someone like Santino just come out of the crowd as if they were an average joe.

Yaz
01-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Plants. In an age where almost every fan recognizes indy/NXT talent, it is refreshing to go back and see someone like Santino just come out of the crowd as if they were an average joe.

Damn internet.

I think the last good audience plant was Sting in TNA when he wore a Sting mask and attacked RVD.

Alex
01-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Damn internet.

I think the last good audience plant was Sting in TNA when he wore a Sting mask and attacked RVD.

https://i.imgur.com/i3eLl.gif

I loved that.

I haven't seen a 'I'll kill us both' spot in a while. You know where the wrestler knows they'll get hurt but their hatred for their opponent overwhelms them.

Sufferin' Succotash
01-06-2019, 06:18 AM
A big guy, usually Kane/Taker, getting hit in the back with a chair, slowly turning around with the "oh you dead now" face. Lesnar sometimes does it on a few moves.

EnviousDominous
03-07-2019, 12:59 PM
I really miss good overselling. Nothing cheesy like Shawn does when he's being Shawn.

I remember how Curt Hennig used to stumble toward his opponent from the corner, take a chop across the chest, and sell it by launching himself in the air as if the momentum from his stumbling had enough energy to carry him forward and upward and the chop merely stopped his upper half from continuing on the momentum's path. He would be airborne long enough to kick his legs frantically as if he desperately wanted to understand what was happening.

I remember Vince on commentary during one of these spots, versus Greg Valentine I believe, and Vince goes "OOOOH YEAH!"

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-07-2019, 01:10 PM
People legitimately getting marked up bad by chops. Samoa Joe wrecked Daniel Bryans chest at the Elimination Chamber with hilariously hard knife edge chops that left him with blood spots and marks all over his chest, it was the first time I've seen it done purposely in awhile. Flair vs (Forgot his Chinese name) went wild with chops on each other for the WCW Title in Japan and they both looked like they endured hours of whip torture the way they were marked up, shit must have stinged like hell.