PDA

View Full Version : Yaz Runs OVW in TEW 2016: A Subpar LP

Yaz
01-11-2019, 12:27 AM
Spidey encouraged me to post this, so hats off to him.

Much like his own LP

https://steelcageforums.com/showthread.php/645-TNA-My-Way-TEW-2003-Wrestling-Simulation-LP

I will be in control of a real life wrestling company.

The Basics

I downloaded a 2019 real world mod and made a couple of changes. OVW was closed in game (along with some 200+ feds) to decrease loading times. I decided to reopen them, with a couple of tweaks. The roster is bare. The only person on roster is my user avatar, who will serve as owner. Since this is fantasy, I will have my avatar serve as lead announcer. Outside of that, I have to build this from the ground up. I also upped their starting funds from $125,000 to $1,000,000. I don't have WWE (or TNA) money, but I did give myself enough wiggle room to sign a couple of decent names to headline early shows. I'm going to try to get an early broadcast deal with an internet subscription service like Fite TV or Powerbomb.TV to run a weekly show. Until then I will run one big show a month, similar to the old TNA deal, but without the shows being on PPV.

Titles

To start, we have a World Title and Tag Titles. Once I can get a TV deal, I have a TV Title planned.

Storylines

Once I get a weekly TV deal, I will start running active story lines. To start however, most shows will run like a typical indie fed. Matches booked with few storylines, save maybe something around the World Title.

Product

I plan to run my version of OVW with traditional North American pro wrestling in mind. Everyone will have a gimmick and be face or heel, with most matches being a good vs evil setup. There is some influence from more prominent independents like PWG, in that fast paced and hard hitting matches are common place. Comedy will also be a side feature, since I'm a personal sucker from good wrestling comedy. Women wrestlers will pop up here and there when I can book them. I'm not against intergender matches, but women's bouts will usually be special features. My goal is to have fans who prefer in ring skills, as opposed to just showing up to cheer for WWE midcard castoffs from ten years ago.

Roster

My plan is to try to make sure most of my roster is only working for me. While the fed isn't large enough to offer written deals, I can offer exclusive pay per appearance deals if I offer above market price. Some names, such as a Zack Sabre Jr or a Cody Rhodes, will still be in play despite working PPA deals for multiple feds if I can secure a spot higher up on their priority list. Last thing I want is to put a title on a name like Sabre and have him booked for NJPW on a night I needed him. Because of my desired roster, I will likely have two or three aging but capable former WWE members who had name value, like RVD or MVP, and then a mix of lower card castoffs from WWE/TNA/NJPW/ROH and lesser known talent.

What I Intend To Post

Obviously I will be posting what happens in my own fed, but I intend to post major events from my world as well. For example, in my test run game AJ Lee and Punk divorced and a week later AJ returned to the business. I will also be including major match results and news from other promotions. In the same test run, WWE booked Dolph Ziggler to beat Brock for the Universal Title on a random episode of Raw. That would be considered news worthy.

When Will I Post

Honestly, my optimistic projection is posting one month in game each day, but that's like top 1% stuff. I may have days where I post a couple months of news per day, and others where I don't feel like playing. You will just have to pop in every couple of days to see where I end up.

Will I end up producing another Class of 2002 type roster, or will I end up bankrupt in 9 months? Let's see.

Yaz
01-11-2019, 03:19 AM
Random Happenings

I wanted to include the news that happened while I was sorting my roster.

Impact purged their women's division at the start of the game. Taya, Katarina, Su Yung, Rosemary, Jordynne Grace, and KC Spinelli (Undead Maid of Honor) were all let go. Two weeks later, they hired Lita.

WWE entered into a non aggression pact with Lucha Underground and Impact, meaning WWE would not offer any exclusive contracts to employees on the LU and Impact rosters, while also promising not to counter their programming.

LU followed this up by signing Sting to a PPA contract. They have yet to give him a place on the roster.

The NWA alliance is all but nonexistent now after Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, the one name fed in the alliance, pulled their membership. Nick Aldis was on my radar following this, but he insists on being paid $2,500 per appearance with all expenses paid and creative control. Seriously, you are more known as Mr. Mickie James, let it go.

WWE cancelled 205 Live. The CW Title remains exclusive to Raw, but a handful of notable CWs, Drew Gulak, Akira Tozawa, Lince Dorado, Cedric Alexander, TJP, and Mike Kanellis were sent to Smackdown.

The biggest shock for me was Baron Corbin turning face and pairing with Seth Rollins in a feud against Jinder Mahal and Dolph Ziggler. The feud was cut short however when Corbin beat Rollins after Rollins turned heel in a #1 contender match. Corbin would go on to beat Brock Lesnar the next episode of Raw to win the Universal Title. Lesnar then took a hiatus while remaining under contract.

Drew McIntrye was shipped to Smackdown.

WWE split up AOP and sent Akam to Smackdown while Rezar remained on Raw.

WWE also seems intent to relive the Daniel Bryan/Big Show feud. Its the focal point of Smackdown.

A lot of the NXT staff were promoted to the main roster. William Regal was replaced as GM by Truth Martini and Nigel was replaced by former ECW manager Joel Gertner.

Lance Storm was signed by WWE:UK as a trainer and color commentator. As if the show wasn't already vanilla.

New Japan did host WK 13, main evented by an A rated match between Kenny Omega and Tetsuya Naito. Omega retained the IWGP Heavyweight Title, but has yet to sign a new deal with New Japan.

In a shocking move, PWG hired Jim Cornette as their on air authority figure. I low key really think this could be a good move in real life.

Juggalo Championship Wrestling declared bankruptcy a week in. As it stands a new buyer has yet to step in, but the owners, ICP, went overseas to work for AJPW.

ROSTER

Main Event
James Storm - Heel
Carlito Colon - Heel
Rob Van Dam - Face
Aaron Stevens (Damien Sandow) - Heel
Chris Adonis (Chris Masters) - Heel
Joey Ryan - Face [Out injured]

Upper Midcard
Pac - Face
Hurricane Helms - Face
Tenille Dashwood (Emma) - Face
Jay Bradley (aka Aiden O'Shea in TNA and Ryan Braddock in WWE) - Face
Robbie E - Heel

Midcard
Jay-TG - Heel
Crimson - Heel
Trent - Face
Barry Ryan (Mason Ryan) - Heel
Shad - Heel
Christian Rose - Face
Matt Cage - Face
Taya Valkyrie - Heel
Chuck Taylor - Face

Lower Midcard
Afa Anoa'i Jr (Manu, the forgotten member of Legacy) - Face
Cortez (Cortez Castro from LU) - Heel
Cliff Compton - Face
Amazing Red - Face

Openers and Enhancement Talent
Ricky Starks - Face
Aaron Solo - Face
Jax Dane - Heel
Michael Dante - Heel
Sugar Dunkerton - Face

Tag Teams/Stables
Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent)
Cryme Tyme (Jay-TG and Shad)
Team Titan (Chris Adonis and Barry Ryan)
Team Marvel (Pac and Hurricane Helms)
Team Overkill (Christian Rose and Matt Cage)
The War Kings (Crimson and Jax Dane)
Extra Talented (Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks)

Non Wrestling Staff
Taz - Color Commentator/Road Agent
Bruce Prichard - Manager of Team Titan
Justin King (Former token black WWE ref) -Referee
Brian Stiffler - Referee
Rip Rogers - Road Agent
Christy Hemme - On Air Authority Figure

I told myself not to simply hire guys I was fans of, so I limited myself to Joey Ryan, Sugar Dunkerton, Cryme Tyme, and Best Friends. None of which I would call worthless.

RVD was pricey, coming in at $2200 per appearance, the most expensive person on roster, but he has no downside so the plan is to use what little the 48 year old likely has left to win the first WHC and then help establish a heel champion. Taya and Dashwood were both surprisingly affordable at $600 per appearance and carry decent popularity and solid in ring skills so they were easy calls.

James Storm is the prize of the roster and was going to be my focal point early but he requested to work as a heel.

Despite being a fairly prominent midcarder for WWE, Carlito was cheap at $650 per show. He has a poor influence on the locker room so my goal is to use him to build some of the unknown talent and then let him walk.

Stevens is a weird hire for me. I personally found him overrated in his post Mizdow run, but he has solid mic skills and I hope to use him as my eventual color commentator, as Taz was not my first choice. Mick Foley was my original pick but House of Hardcore offered him more than I did and I didn't want to have anyone on the broadcast team who may flake for other feds.

Team Titan managed by Prichard was a surprisingly solid heel team in my test run so I want to go back to that well. Cryme Tyme and Best Friends are two personal favorites of mine and the only two truly established teams in my price range. Crimson and Dane were actually former OVW Tag Champs in real life so I gave them a shot. Pac and Hurricane were paired up at Hurricane's request to help him extend his in ring career. He has the ability to serve in multiple backstage roles once he retires, so I'm willing to give him the occasional match with Pac, who can carry the team.

Michael Dante was a tag partner of Aliester Black when he wrestled as Tommy End on the European circuit, so my hope is he has some of the skills.

Former WWE referee and Lunchtime Suicide survivor Tim White was one of the referees I negotiated with, but he wanted $1900 per show, as a referee. There were a few former WWE/WCW refs available but they are just refs.

Then we have Christy Hemme as our on air authority figure. This was really a last resort signing. There were a few former pros who fit the bill, such as Edge, DDP, and Stu Bennet (Wade Barret) who I looked into, but could not justify the price tag. Teddy Long was in my price range but decided against it due to his age. I offered the gig to Prichard, but he preferred his manager role. My choices came down to Hemme, Danielle Moinet (Summer Rae), and Anthony Carelli (Santino). Carelli was the best person for the job, but took a role with Impact. Maybe I should just swallow my pride and hire Adam Blampied.

Yaz
01-11-2019, 06:12 AM
Just a few days before our first show was set to air, I secured a deal with Powerbomb.TV to broadcast 12 live events. It isn't a very lucrative deal, but it will provide some sponsorship money and exposure in the US. They requested I make the shows three hours, as opposed to the two hour shows I had planned to run. This stretched my roster very thin, so I need to make a couple more hires soon. Each show will air live in the late night slot on Saturday nights.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wwenetwork/images/5/53/OVW_LOGO.png/revision/latest?cb=20151231225454

OVW Presents: Surviving The Steel 2019

BACKSTAGE INCIDENT!
Before the show, Hurricane Helms lifted the mood of the locker room by doing spot on impressions of his fellow workers.
Pac is working a Dragon Gate show and is unavailable. Joey Ryan is out with a pectoral injury. Trent is working a NJPW show and is unavailable. Chuck Taylor and Dashwood are working a ROH taping and are unavailable.

Pre Show
Crimson vs Michael Dante E+

In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Crimson defeated Michael Dante in 7:22 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill following interference from Jax Dane.
Crimson debuted his Old School Cocky Heel gimmick, rated as Great. Dante debuted his Demon gimmick, rated as Very Good. Dane debuted his Old School Cocky Heel gimmick, rated as Above Average.
Road Agent Note: The fans didn't appreciate the heel vs heel booking, but since it was on the pre-show it didn't impact the show rating.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme comes out to the ring and introduces herself as the new Authority Figure of the company. She promises to be approachable and impartial and give the fans the action they pay hard earned money to see. She also announces the main event. RVD vs James Storm in a Steel Cage for the OVW World Heavyweight Title! - E+
Hemme has debuted her Staff Member gimmick, rated as average.
Road Agent Notes: Hemme is getting better at her gimmick.

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme - Tag Team Titles D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill in 12:20 when Jay-TG defeated Christian Rose by pinfall with a G-9. Cryme Tyme win the OVW Tag Team titles.
Rose and Cage debuted their Party Animal gimmicks, rated as Average and Above Average respectively.
Cryme Tyme debuted their Gangster gimmicks. Jay-TG's cocky portrayal was rated as Awful. Shad's brute portrayal was rated as Great.
Jay-TG and Shad had great chemistry when teaming together.

Jay Bradley vs Cortez E+
In a poor match, Jay Bradley defeated Cortez in 10:29 by pinfall with a Boomstick.
Bradley has debuted his Bad Ass Face gimmick, rated as Average. Cortez has debuted his Bad Ass Hell gimmick, rated as average.
Road Agent Notes: Cortez was really off his game. Bradley and Cortez have no chemistry and it made for an awkward bout. Cortez is getting better at his gimmick.

Segment: Backstage, Sabu surprised Rob Van Damn in his locker room. He tells Rob Van Dam that he has he's back later on tonight. - C-
RVD has debuted his Show Stealer gimmick, rated as Above Average

Amazing Red vs Taya Valkyrie D-
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Taya Valkyrie defeated Amazing Red in 8:44 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex.
Red has debuted his Extremist gimmick, rated as Very Good. Taya has debuted her Cocky gimmick, rated as Average.

Segment: Bruce Prichard is on the stick, and says he would like to introduce everyone to his newest clients, Barry Ryan and Chris Adonis, known as Team Titan. He promises they will bring pain and destruction to anyone who stands in their path. - D-
Prichard has debuted his Old School Manager gimmick, rated as Awful. Ryan has debuted his Bully gimmick, rated as Above Average. Adonis has debuted his Greek Adonis gimmick, rated as Great.

Team Titan vs Extra Talented E+
In a poor match, Team Titan defeated Extra Talented in 8:12 when Chris Adonis defeated Aaron Solo by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Chris Adonis carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
Solo and Starks debuted their Fan Favorite gimmicks, rated as Very Good and Average.
Road Agent Notes: Solo is getting better at his gimmick. Prichard did good work at ringside. Barry Ryan and Bruce Prichard don't click as manager and client. Bruce Prichard and Chris Adonis have excellent chemistry together. Adonis is getting better at his gimmick.

Segment: James Storm cuts a promo on Rob Van Dam. He promises to excite the fans and win the strap. C
Storm debuted his Cowboy gimmick, rated as Very Good

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs. Robbie E E+
In a poor match, Robbie E defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 10:09 by pinfall with a Boom Drop.
Afa Anoa'i debuted his Bad Ass gimmick, rated as Above Average. Robbie E has debuted his Cocky gimmick, rated as Average.
Road Agent Notes: Robbie E was really off his game.

Sugar Dunkerton vs Cliff Compton vs Carlito Colon D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Carlito Colon defeated Sugar Dunkerton and Cliff Compton in 11:32 when Carlito Colon defeated Sugar Dunkerton by pinfall with a Backstabber.

Carlito Colon carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
Dunkerton has debuted his Comic Relief gimmick, rated as Poor. Compton has debuted his Old School Face gimmick, rated as Above Average. Colon has debuted his Cocky gimmick, rated as Very Good.

Segment: Rob Van Dam cuts a backstage promo hyping himself up. Sabu walks around in the background, but doesn't say anything. - B-

Hurricane Helms vs Aaron Stevens (Comedy Bout) D
In a decent match, Hurricane Helms defeated Aaron Stevens in 8:48 by pinfall with a Shining Wizard.
Helms debuted his Comic Book Hero gimmick, rated Below Average. Stevens debuted his High Society gimmick, rated Poor.
Road Agent Note: Helms comedy gimmick is well suited to comedy matches.

Rob Van Dam vs James Storm - OVE World Heavyweight Title C-
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated James Storm in 16:25 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash from atop the cage. Rob Van Dam wins the OVW World Heavyweight title.
Road Agent Notes: Both RVD and Storm were visibly tiring toward the end of the match.

Segment: After the match, Rob Van Dam celebrates his win before he offers to shake the hand of James Storm. Storm refuses and walks off. D+

Overall Show Rating - C-

Follow Up Notes:
After the show, I made a locker room speech to congratulate the roster on their first show. RVD and Storm were pointed at as good examples. They both seemed pleased. I also chose to give Robbie E some encouragement after his off night. He seemed pleased with it. The show, held in the Great Lakes region drew 250 fans. The VFW style building we ran the show from was sold out and popularity increased in all 11 US regions. Pac wrestled KZY in the opener for Dragon Gate. Trent wasn't featured on the NJPW show. Chuck Taylor wasn't featured on the ROH show. Dashwood was involved in a backstage brawl segment with Mandy Leon and Kelly Klein.

Other News:
Candice LaRae announced she is pregnant and will be taking maternity leave from NXT.

Spidey
01-11-2019, 08:58 AM
I'm keeping my eight eyes on you, boyo.

Awesome start with what you have. Keen on what you can do with an integrated roster and some of these grabs. Right on man.

Yaz
01-11-2019, 09:46 PM
World News

Mickie James and Nick Aldis filed for divorce. Now Aldis can't even call himself Mr. Mickie James.

ROH had a bit of early Spring cleaning. Nearly everyone who performs on Future of Honor was let go, as were Sumie Sakai, Mandy Leon, Jessie Brooks, and Gabby Ortiz. Leon threw the company under the bus in a shoot interview a few days after her firing.

El Texano went on a radio program and declared himself to be the only real star in AAA. This did not set well with the company, but no disciplinary action has taken place yet.

Staying in Mexico, CMLL released all of their talent over the age of 50. There were more names in that category than I expected.

WWE called Angelo Dawkins up to Raw. This seemingly random call up strained their relationship with Evolve as Dawkins was part of The Street Profits. They were Evolve's tag champs, but the loan deal only applied to NXT talent. Evolve had to scramble to replace the Profits pre bookings and took a financial hit.

New Hires

To fill out the roster I made some new hires, mostly on the lower end of the card.

Angelico - Formerly of AAA/LU (I got him for $350 a show and I am pumped over this signing)
Ryan Nova - Formerly of ROH.
Scott Parker - Formerly of Chikara and WWE local jobber status
Jigsaw - Masked Chikara and Evolve mainstay

Major Shows

WWE Royal Rumble 2019

Jinder Mahal wins the 30 man Royal Rumble 😂 🔫
Daniel Bryan defeated Rany Orton to retain the WWE Title
The Bar defeated The Usos to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles
Ronda Rousey defeated Mickie James and Ember Moon to retain the Raw Women's Title
Buddy Murphy defeated Gran Metalik, Kalisto, and Tony Nese to retain the the CW Title
During the show, Brock Lesnar returned to attack Kurt Angle and take him out of the Rumble

Yaz
01-12-2019, 01:53 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wwenetwork/images/5/53/OVW_LOGO.png/revision/latest?cb=20151231225454

OVW Presents: Retribution 2019
Live from Charleston, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
Chuck Taylor, Pac, Trent, and Tenille Dashwood are working elsewhere tonight.
Joey Ryan is unable to wrestle due to injury, but can be used in angles.

Pre Show

Chris Adonis vs. Scott Parker D
In an extremely short pre-show match, Chris Adonis defeated Scott Parker in 4:21 by submission with an Adonis Lock after interference from Bruce Prichard.
Parker debuted his Wholesome Foreigner gimmick, rated as Average.
Road Agent Notes: Adonis and Bruce Prichard continue to have good chemistry as client and manager. Parker and Adonis have good chemistry in the ring.

Extra Talented vs. The War Kings E+
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, The War Kings defeated Extra Talented in 7:22 when Crimson defeated Ricky Starks by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme announces that she has signed Joey Ryan to a contract. Ryan appears and thanks the crowd while also flirting with Hemme. E-

Amazing Red vs Carlito D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Carlito Colon defeated Amazing Red in 10:09 by pinfall with a Backstabber.

Segment: After the match, Carlito Colon offers to shake the hand of Amazing Red who accepts the shake and then is cheap shot by Carlito! E

Cryme Tyme(c) vs Afa Anoa'i Jr and Cliff Compton - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
In a poor match, Cryme Tyme defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr and Cliff Compton in 9:51 when Shad Gaspard defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by pinfall with a G-9. Cryme Tyme make defence number 1 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Shad Gaspard carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

Angelico vs Taya Valkyrie D-
In a poor match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Angelico in 8:04 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex.
Angelico has debuted his Thrill Seeker gimmick, rated Below Average

Segment: In the ring, James Storm calls out Rob Van Dam and challenges him to a match, saying he knows he can beat him this time. Van Dam responds, and refuses the challenge, citing the refuted hand shake after their last match. C

Cortez vs Jigsaw vs Hurricane Helms D-
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Hurricane Helms defeated Cortez and Jigsaw in 8:42 when Hurricane Helms defeated Jigsaw by pinfall with a Shining Wizard.
Jigsaw debuted his Rogue gimmick, rated as Below Average

Jay Bradley vs Robbie E D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jay Bradley defeated Robbie E in 11:14 by pinfall with a Barrel Roll Driver.
Road Agent Notes: Robbie E seemed off his game tonight.

Segment: Rob Van Dam is shown knocked out backstage, the subject of a mysterious attack. Medical personal rush to him and get him on his feet. He shoves them away, claiming he has a title to defend. C-

Ryan Nova vs James Storm D
In a decent match, James Storm defeated Ryan Nova in 5:36 by pinfall with an Eye of the Storm.
Ryan Nova has debuted his Hippie gimmick, rated as Very Good.

Segment: After the match, James Storm keeps up the attack on Nova as security and referees try to stop it. Storm yells as he is escorted out that RVD could have prevented this. D-

Team Overkill vs Team Titan D-
In a decent match, Team Titan defeated Team Overkill in 9:07 when Chris Adonis defeated Matt Cage by submission with an Adonis Lock after interference from Bruce Prichard.

Segment: Aaron Stevens cuts a promo backstage, hyping himself up. He promises to bring class and sophistication to OVW after he defeats RVD. D+

Sugar Dunkerton vs Michael Dante D-
In a poor match, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Michael Dante in 8:10 by pinfall after a Pumpkin Spice Lariat.

RVD(c) vs Aaron Stevens - OVW World Heavyweight Championship D+
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Aaron Stevens in 13:21 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash. Rob Van Dam makes defence number 1 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Segment: As RVD celebrates his victory, James Storm comes through the crowd and attacks RVD from behind. He holds the belt above the fallen champion. C-

OVERALL RATING - D+

Post Show Notes
The show was held in a larger building this time, with a capacity of 500. 405 tickets sold.
OVW popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
During the post show speech James Storm was complimented on a good performance. He seemed pleased.
Chris Adonis was pointed at as a good example for wrestling twice. He seemed pleased.
Robbie E was told he could do better after his second show looking off. He didn't seem to pay any mind to the words.

Of the wrestlers who took other bookings, Pac wrestled Dragon Kid in Dragon Gate. Trent was unused on the NJPW show. Chuck Taylor was unused at the ROH taping. Dashwood unsuccessfully challenged for the Women of Honor Title in a four way.

Yaz
01-12-2019, 05:22 AM
(I am going to try a new format where I wrap up each month. My shows will still get their own post, as will major roster moves. Minor roster moves, major show results, and general news will be in the wrap ups. If there is a major news story, like a death or major firing, I will break it when it happens)

Due to Best Friends choosing to work for other companies, I needed to hire a fairly established face team I could rely on. James Storm accepted a touring contract from NJPW. It remains to be seen if this will impact my story between he and RVD.

New Hires

Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin, forming the team ACDC. The team had a nearly year long reign as Dreamwave Wrestling tag champs before the company folded.

Major February Shows

WWE Elimination Chamber 2019
Daniel Bryan retained the WWE Title in an EC Match, last pinning Luke Gallows
Ronda retained the Raw Women's Title against Nikki Bella
Nikki Cross won the Smackdown Women's Title in a EC Match, last pinning Asuka
The Bar retained the Smackdown Tag Titles against Sanity
Gable and Roode retained the Raw Tag Titles against AOP
Murphy retained the CW title against Noam Dar and Lio Rush
Dean Ambrose and Rusev both lost their title matches (IC and US respectively) but kept the titles due to DQ finishes (Apollo Crews and Xavier Woods were the opponents)
The Lesnar/Angle feud continued with segments
Seeds for a Seth Rollins/Undertaker feud were planted
Bobby Fish, sans the Undisputed Era, wrestled on the pre show, defeating Apollo Crews

Impact One Night Only 2019
Johnny Impacted retained the Impact World Title against Moose
LAX retained the Tag Titles over Petey Williams and Kongo Kong

ROH Honor Rising 2019
Jay Lethal defeated Beretta to retain the ROH World Title
Jeff Cobb defeated Marty Scrull to retain the ROH World Television Title

February News
WWE chose to end the brand split after Elimination Chamber. Raw and Smackdown each retain their tag and women's titles and they are show exclusive, but anyone on the roster may challenge. The Universal Title is still up in the air but Corbin has damaged the prestige in only a month as champion.
Both Ric Flair and Antonio Inoki retired and are now listed as "Out of the business"
WWE has seen Raw and Smackdown moved out of Primetime slots, into the Late Night slot in the US and the Graveyard slot in the UK and Europe.
As a result, WWE fell from International to National size.
New Japan, in a move that may or may not be related to the WWE size news, have begun to offer written deals, though thus far they have only been offered to those signing extensions. KUSHIDA signed the first written deal. They still continue to offer short term tour contracts.
Many others feds have witnessed growth. Lucha Underground, ZERO1, Stardom, Wrestle-1, Progress, PWG, and ICW all rose to regional size.

Yaz
01-13-2019, 10:44 PM
I got a notice from Powerbomb.TV that while my shows are meeting early expectations, I'm not living up to the comedy aspect of my product. To remedy this I brought in a few names to fill that role.

Colt Cabana - Few better for the role, thought he only wanted a three show deal.
Fallah Bahh - One of my current favs. I intend to use him in a similar role to his role in Impact, a large idiot.
Jervis Cottonbelly - Another personal favorite of mine. The nicest man in pro wrestling now calls OVW home.

I also made a bit of a splash and signed KENTA. WWE allowed him to walk and I got him on a 3 year PPA deal at $1700 per show. Its a gamble, but he has name recognition and is a few years younger than most of my name talent. He starts when his no compete clause is up in 30 days.

OVW Presents: War Is Necessary 2019

Live from Highland Heights, Kentucky

Backstage Incidents
Trent, Chuck Taylor, Pac, and Tenille Dashwood are all working elsewhere. Joey Ryan is unable to wrestle but available for angles.

Pre Show

Christian Rose vs Scott Parker E+
In a poor pre-show match, Christian Rose defeated Scott Parker in 6:47 by pinfall.

Segment: After the match, Christian Rose and Scott Parker shake hands in a show of respect. F+

Segment: Bruce Prichard talks to his clients, Barry Ryan and Chris Adonis. He tells them to dominate in their matches tonight. D-

Main Show

Segment: Rob Van Dam is shown warming up backstage. C-

Jervis Cottonbelly, Colt Cabana, and Fallah Bahh vs Michael Dante and The War Kings E+
In a poor match, Jervis Cottonbelly, Fallah Bahh and Colt Cabana defeated Michael Dante and The War Kings in 12:44 when Colt Cabana defeated Michael Dante by submission with a Chicago Crab.

In terms of in-ring work, Colt Cabana was head and shoulders above everyone else.
Road Agent Notes: Jervis Cottonbelly has debuted his Gentleman gimmick, rated as Below Average (I'm sad)
Fallah Bahh has debuted his Simpleton gimmick, rated as Above Average
Colt Cabana has debuted his Fan Favorite gimmick, rated as Great

Segment: Cabana, Bahh, Cottonbelly celebrate with the OVW fans after their win. They shake hands and pose for pictures and everyone seems pleased. E-

Sugar Dunkerton vs Taya Valkyrie D
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Sugar Dunkerton in 9:20 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex.

Afa Anoa'i vs Cliff Compton vs Jigsaw E+
In a poor match, Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Cliff Compton and Jigsaw in 7:49 when Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Cliff Compton by pinfall with a Lights Out.

Segment: Christy Hemme comes out and announces she has booked a tournament at the next show to name a number one contender. Carlito Colon, Aaron Stevens, and the newly signed KENTA are announced. Before Hemme can announce the final entrant, James Storm's music hits. He says he is the only one who deserves to fight for the title. Hemme says that Storm had his chance, but his actions since losing show he means business. Hemme says if Storm wins tonight against a mystery opponent, he is in. D-

Extra Talented vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
In a poor match, Cryme Tyme defeated Extra Talented in 9:13 when Shad Gaspard defeated Ricky Starks by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Cryme Tyme make defence number 2 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

In terms of in-ring work, Shad Gaspard was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Hurricane Helms vs Barry Ryan E+
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Hurricane Helms defeated Barry Ryan in 8:07 by pinfall with a fast roll up. Ryan was in control most of the match, but Helms capitalized on his cockiness.

Segment: After the match, Barry Ryan isn't happy and attacks Helms. He brawls with up up the aisle and into the back. E-

Ryan Nova vs Chris Adonis E+
In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Ryan Nova in 7:22 by submission with an Adonis Lock.

ACDC vs Robbie E and Cortez D-
In a poor match, ACDC defeated Cortez and Robbie E in 9:53 when Arik Cannon defeated Cortez by pinfall with a Glimmering Warlock.
Road Agent Notes: Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin debuted their Maverick gimmicks, rated as Above Average and Awful respectively.

Segment: James Storm cuts a promo hyping himself up. He says there is no one in this company who can beat him, and promises whoever walks through that curtain is in for a world of pain. C-

James Storm vs ???

Scott Steiner is the mystery opponent. The crowd is moderately intrigued, but Storm sells it well.

James Storm vs Scott Steiner D+
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, James Storm defeated Scott Steiner in 6:41 by pinfall with a Last Call.

Angelico & Amazing Red vs Carlito and Aaron Stevens D-
In a decent match, Aaron Stevens and Carlito Colon defeated Amazing Red and Angelico in 8:56 when Carlito Colon defeated Angelico by pinfall with a Backstabber.

Segment: After the match, Carlito Colon and Aaron Stevens celebrate before Carlito turns and attacks Stevens with a sucker punch. Carlito yells he will win the tournament while beating on Stevens. D-

Rob Van Dam(c) vs Jay Bradley - OVW World Heavyweight Title D+
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Jay Bradley in 11:15 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash. Rob Van Dam makes defence number 2 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - D

Post Show Notes
Jervis Cottonbelly and Michael Dante were said to be used too much.
The venue sold 413 of 500 tickets.
OVW popularity increased in all 11 US regions.
Steiner was pissed I brought him in just to lose.
Christy Hemme was given some encouragement after the show and she seemed pleased.

Of the wrestlers who took other bookings: Best Friend defeated The Briscoe Brothers by DQ at a ROH Taping. Pac and Dashwood were unused by Dragon Gate and ROH respectively.

Yaz
01-14-2019, 01:18 AM
March

OVW News and Hirings
Cortez failed a random drug test, popping for steroids. I debated between a fine and suspension, ultimately choosing to fine him. He thanked me handling it this way and promised to get clean. His failed test brought locker room morale down, but the majority of the locker room agreed with my handling. I will retest him after our next show.
Despite never actually wrestling for me, Chuck Taylor complained about his push. I gave he and Trent each a small $200 bonus and upped his push from midcard to upper midcard in hopes they finally agree to take a booking.
Mr. 450 was hired on a $280 PPA contract after his fight with Daga. See below.
In an effort to cover for Tenille Dashwood, I hired Christina Von Eerie. She is only 23 and still raw in the ring, but she has one of the most unique looks for female wrestlers. At $250 a show, she is cheap.

Major March Shows
WWE Wrestlemania 35
Daniel Bryan retained the WWE Title against Samoa Joe
Baron Corbin retained the Universal Title against Jinder Mahal and Luke Gallows
The Bar retained the Smackdown Tag Titles against Brian Kendrick and Jack Gallagher
Rusev retained the US Title against Kalisto
Dean Ambrose retained the IC Title against Karl Anderson and Curtis Axel
Roode and Gable defeated AOP by DQ to retain the Raw Tag Titles
Ronda Rousey defeated Alicia Fox to retain the Raw Women's Title
Nikki Cross defeated Natayla to retain the Smackdown Women's Title
The Bella Twins defeated the Iconics on the pre-show
Kurt Angle was scheduled to fight Brock Lesnar. instead Paul Heyman came out saying Brock Lesnar only fights in main event championship fights and pulled out. This lead to Vince McMahon coming to the ring with the intention to fire Brock, only for Angle and Heyman to beat Vince down. John Cena ran in to even the odds.

ROH Anniversary 2019
Jay Lethal retained the ROH World Title in a fatal four way against Jeff Cobb and The Briscoe Brothers
Kelly Klein retained the WOH Title against Jenny Rose

Impact One Night Only 2019
Johnny Impact retained the Impact World Title against Taiji Ishimori
LAX retained the Impact Tag Team Titles against Gursinder Singh and Rohit Raju (The Icons)
Tessa Blanchard retained the Impact Women's Title against Diamante

March World News
NXT:UK sent Pete Dunne on loan to WWE. He has been wrestling house shows and dark matches in the US.
Adam Cole and Bobby Fish have formed a modified Undisputed Era on the main roster while Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly remain in NXT.
The War Raiders, Keith Lee, and Johnny Gargano were all called up.
Chris Jericho worked out a deal with NJPW that allows him to take ROH and CMLL bookings.
Mr. 450 (of Matt Tastic fame) got into an argument with Daga at a CLASH event. Daga then left Mr. 450 threatening voice mails and fired Mr. 450.
In a bit of good news for me, Dragon Gate released Pac as a cost cutting move. I can finally book him.
Brian Cage and Hernandez got into a fist fight at an Impact taping.
Toni Storm was fired from Progress after no showing a booking.
ROH and Chikara entered into a hostile relationship after Chikara signed Flip Gordon to an Exclusive PPA deal.
Trent Seven bought All Star Wrestling and moved the HQ from Northern to Central England. He remains under contract with NXT:UK.
NJPW has started to dive into the talent pool in Mexico, signing Aero Star, La Mascara, and Alberto El Patron to tour with them on their summer tour.
Frankie Kazarian and Traci Brooks filed for divorce.
Adam "Hangman" Page began dating Karlee Perez aka Maxine in WWE and Catrina in LU. After they went public with the relationship, Perez signed a contract with ROH.
Major League Wrestling rose to Regional size.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
01-14-2019, 05:38 AM
This is interesting. How much of the actual show do you control? Are the segments and matches all automated? Plus, Scott Steiner would be pissed even if he won, he's always pissed, he's Scott Steiner.

Yaz
01-14-2019, 07:33 PM
This is interesting. How much of the actual show do you control? Are the segments and matches all automated? Plus, Scott Steiner would be pissed even if he won, he's always pissed, he's Scott Steiner.

You book the segments and matches. You can pick which type of segment you want from a list, or you can write your own. The more generic segments are from the list, but the detailed ones I write myself.

Yaz
01-16-2019, 12:08 AM
So James Storm screwed me. He was set to win the tournament and take the title off RVD in a ladder match at the next show. He took a New Japan booking and left me having to replace him. I think my eventual replacement will be good.

OVW Presents: Steel Vengeance 2019
Live from Valparaiso, Indiana

Backstage Incidents
The usual group, minus Pac, took other bookings. Joey Ryan is still unable to compete due to injury.

Pre Show
Mr. 450 vs Robbie E E+
In a poor pre-show match, Robbie E defeated Mr 450 in 7:18 by pinfall with a Boom Drop.
Road Agent Notes: Mr. 450 debuted his Show Stealer gimmick, rated as Awful.

Jervis Cottonbelly & Fallah Bahh vs. The War Kings E+
In a poor pre-show match, The War Kings defeated Jervis Cottonbelly and Fallah Bahh in 6:14 when Crimson defeated Fallah Bahh by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
Road Agent Notes: Jervis and Bahh showed excellent chemistry tagging together.

Angelico vs Jigsaw E+
In a poor pre-show match, Angelico defeated Jigsaw in 7:25 by submission with a Cruceta Invertida.

Afa Anoi's Jr vs Amazing Red vs Ryan Nova vs Scott Parker E+
In a poor pre-show match, Amazing Red defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr, Ryan Nova and Scott Parker in 10:18 when Amazing Red defeated Scott Parker by pinfall with a Code Red.

Main Show

Segment: A fan video airs showing Rob Van Dam arriving to the arena earlier in the day. James Storm jumps him from behind and leaves him laying. As production workers rush to help Van Dam, a truck engine is heard. Storm speeds toward Van Dam, who just manages to get out of the way as Storm crashes into another car. C-

Segment: Christy Hemme is in the ring. She explains Storm has been fined and sent home. She says we have a tournament to carry on with and introduces Pac as the replacement. Pac comes out and plays to the crowd. E+
Road Agent Notes: Pac has debuted his Underdog gimmick, rated as Average.

Extra Talented vs Team Titan D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Extra Talented defeated Team Titan in 8:32 when Barry Ryan got disqualified after going into a rage and refusing to stop assaulting Aaron Solo.

Cliff Compton vs Michael Dante E+
In a poor match, Cliff Compton defeated Michael Dante in 6:13 by pinfall with a Cliffhanger.
Road Agent Notes: Cliff Compton was really off his game.

Segment: A video airs hyping Aaron Stevens and KENTA. D-

KENTA vs Aaron Stevens C-
In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, KENTA defeated Aaron Stevens in 7:47 by pinfall with a Go to Sleep.
Road Agent Notes: KENTA debuted his Bad Ass gimmick, rated as Poor.

ACDC vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cryme Tyme defeated ACDC in 11:05 when Shad Gaspard defeated Darin Corbin by pinfall with a Thugnificent. Cryme Tyme make defence number 3 of their OVW Tag Team titles.
Road Agent Notes: Arik Cannon was really off his game.

Segment: A video airs hyping Carlito Colon and Pac. E+

Pac vs Carlito Colon C-
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Pac defeated Carlito Colon in 11:51 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Shooting Star Press.

Colt Cabana vs Taya Valkyrie D
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Colt Cabana in 8:06 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.
Road Agent Notes: Colt Cabana seemed off his game. Taya Valkyrie is getting better at his gimmick.

Jay Bradley vs Sugar Dunkerton vs Cortez D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jay Bradley defeated Sugar Dunkerton and Cortez in 7:47 when Jay Bradley defeated Cortez by pinfall with a Boomstick.
Road Agent Notes: Sugar Dunkerton was really off his game. Cortez sold his opponent's offense well, seeming to accept his punishment.

Segment: Rob Van Dam says that James Storm won't keep him out of action. He cuts a promo on Hurricane Helms, saying he wishes him luck but that Van Dam is The Whole Dam Show for a reason. D

Hurricane Helms vs Rob Van Dam(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Championship D
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Hurricane Helms in 12:57 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash. Rob Van Dam makes defence number 3 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.
Road Agent Notes: Hurricane Helms was visibly tiring toward the end of the match. RVD is getting better at his gimmick.

KENTA vs Pac C
In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Pac defeated KENTA in 15:19 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Senton.

Segment: After the match, KENTA and Pac shake hands in a show of respect. E+

Segment: Rob Van Dam comes down to the ring and gives Pac a nod of respect. They both promise to go home with the title when they face off. Van Dam holds the title high. D+

Overall Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
OVW's popularity increased in all 11 US regions.
375 of 500 tickets sold.
Pac and KENTA were complimented on good performances. Both seemed pleased. Sugar Dunkerton was given some encouragement. He seemed pleased.
Aaron Stevens complained about his push, saying he needs to be booked stronger.

Trent wrestled for NJPW. No one else was used.

Yaz
01-17-2019, 01:29 AM
April

OVW News and Hirings
Trent and Chuck Taylor were both released, as they continued to complain about their booking despite not actually taking bookings with me.
Tenille Dashwood was also released as she asked for a pay increase.
Chikara released Flip Gordon after only a month, so I swooped in and signed him up.

Major April Shows
WWE Fastlane 2019
Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Gallows to retain the WWE Title
Baron Corbin defeated Bobby Lashley to retain the Universal Title
Buddy Murphy retained the CW Title in a triple threat
Ronda Rousey defeated Sarah Logan by count out to retain the Raw Women's Title
Nikki Cross defeated Naomi to retain the Smackdown Women's Title
Dean Ambrose defeated Adam Cole by DQ to retain the IC Title
Rusev defeated Luke Harper by DQ to retain the US Title
Roode and Gable defeated The Ascension to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles
The Bar defeated AOP by count out to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles

NJPW Invasion Attack 2019
Kenny Omega defeated KUSHIDA to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Title
The Guerrillas of Destiny defeated The Prestige to retain the IWGP Tag Team Titles
Cody defeated Alberto El Patron
Kota Ibushi defeated YOH to retain the NEVER Openweight Title

ROH Supercard of Honor XII
The Addiction defeated Hangman Page and Jay Lethal
Mark Briscoe defeated Cody in the newly christened ROH Super Tournament

Impact One Night Only: Redemption 2019
Johnny Impact defeated Matt Sydal to retain the Impact World Title
LAX vs OVE went to a no contest

April World News
ROH was sold to Cary Silkin
ICW, NOAH, MLW, and ZERO 1 all cut a fair number of lower card talent
Marina Shafir was released from NXT.
Harley Race passed away at the age of 75. His wrestling school, Harley Race's Wrestling Academy closed down shortly after.
Perro Aguayo Sr passed away at the age of 73.
In a 'Kenny Death' Jak Domitrescu died after contracting a rare and fast acting tropical disease from eating expired pineapple.
Rich Swann and Su Yung divorced.
Zelina Vega announced she was pregnant.
Chris Jericho and Billy Corgan announced a three month world tour. This surely is the wrestling and musical colab we need.
Steve Lombardi (The Brooklyn Brawler) started his own academy, Steve Lombardi Dojo.
Riki Choshu was inducted into the games Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
01-18-2019, 12:27 AM
Breaking News!

Three divorces have taken place in the first week of May.
John Hennigan (Johnny Impact/John Morrison) and Taya Valkyrie have split.
Tommy End (Aleester Black) and Thea Trinidad (Zelina Vega) split.
And the big one.

Vince and Linda McMahon! This has caused WWE to enter into a tumultuous time as legal battles are taking place for ownership of the company.

Yaz
01-19-2019, 02:07 AM
OVW is splurging. I'm not sure if its cost cutting due to the McMahon family turmoil or what, but WWE let Bayley, Alicia Fox, Akira Tozawa, and Nia Jax all walk. I made a move for Fox (Known as Foxxy), the first of the releases, then decided to spend on Bayley (Known as Bailey) and Tozawa. Nia got an offer from Impact that I couldn't compete with. The roster is getting a little bloated, so cuts will likely come soon.

OVW Presents: No Holds Barred 2019
Live from Cincinnati, Ohio

Backstage Incidents
Christina Von Eerie and James Storm are working elsewhere. Joey Ryan is out injured, but available for segments.
Taya Valkyrie brightened the mood by doing funny cartton drawings of her colleagues.

Pre Show

Ryan Nova vs Flip Gordon E+
In an extremely short pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated Flip Gordon in 5:01 by pinfall.
Road Agent Notes: Flip Gordon has debuted his Extremist gimmick, rated as Below Average. Nova and Gordon have great chemistry together.

Extra Talented vs Cortez and Jigsaw E+
In a poor pre-show match, Extra Talented defeated Cortez and Jigsaw in 8:45 when Aaron Solo defeated Jigsaw by submission.

Mr. 450 vs Angelico vs Jax Dane D-
In a poor pre-show match, Angelico defeated Mr 450 and Jax Dane in 7:31 when Angelico defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Fall of the Angels.

Fallah Bahh & Jervis Cottonbelly vs Cliff Compton and Sugar Dunkerton E-
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Fallah Bahh and Jervis Cottonbelly defeated Cliff Compton and Sugar Dunkerton in 6:02 when Fallah Bahh defeated Sugar Dunkerton by pinfall.
Road Agent Notes: Bahh and Jervis showed excellent chemistry teaming together.

Hurricane Helms vs. Michael Dante E+
In a poor pre-show match, Hurricane Helms defeated Michael Dante in 7:02 by pinfall with a Shining Wizard.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme announces that OVW has signed Bailey, Akira Tozawa, and Foxxy to contracts. She then announces that tonight is all about the extreme. No Holds Barred is the one night of the year that every OVW match has a special stipulation or gimmick. E+

Segment: Cryme Tyme cut a promo putting themselves over. E+

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme(c) - Tag Team Titles D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill in a Table match in 13:54 when Shad Gaspard put Christian Rose through a table with a Thugnificent. Cryme Tyme make defence number 4 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Jay Bradley vs Crimson D-
In a decent match, Jay Bradley defeated Crimson in a Bullrope match in 9:46 when Jay Bradley was the first to touch all the corners.

Segment: A video airs hyping Pac. D-

KENTA vs Aaron Stevens C
In a good match, KENTA defeated Aaron Stevens in a Two out of Three Falls match in 16:48 by two straight falls, with the final fall happening by pinfall with a Go to Sleep.

ACDC vs Team Titan E+
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Team Titan defeated ACDC in a Fans Bring the Weapons match in 11:37 when Chris Adonis defeated Arik Cannon by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Note: All four men complained to me about putting them in this match.

Segment: Michael Brown(ya boy) and Taz are at the announce desk and hype the upcoming match for the newly introduced OVW American Title. They run down the competitors, Afa Anoa'i Jr, Amazing Red, Robbie E, and Taya Valkyrie. D-
Road Agent Notes: Taz and I worked without a script. Ya boy did a good job with improv and Taz did a good job working the crowd with his improv.

Afa Anoa'i vs Amazing Red vs Robbie E vs Taya Valkyrie - OVW American Title D-
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr, Robbie E and Amazing Red in 15:03; the order of elimination was Amazing Red first, then Afa Anoa'i Jr, and finally Robbie E. Taya Valkyrie wins the OVW American title.

Colt Cabana vs Carlito Colon D-
In a decent match, Carlito Colon defeated Colt Cabana in a Flag match in 9:46 when Carlito Colon blinded Cabana and retrieved the flag.

Segment: A video airs hyping RVD. C+

Pac vs RVD(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Championship C-
In a superb match, Rob Van Dam defeated Pac in a Ladder match in 17:28 when Rob Van Dam retrieved the item. Rob Van Dam makes defence number 4 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.
Road Agent Notes: Pac took a stunt bump.

Segment: After the match, Rob Van Dam and Pac shake hands in a show of respect. Van Dam raises the arm of Pac, before he suddenly attacks him. He beats him down until the backstage crew run in and pull him away. D
Road Agent Notes: RVD has turned heel and looked good in the process.

Overall Rating - D+

Post Show Notes
391 of 500 tickets were sold.
Popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
Pac was pointed out as a good example. He seemed pleased.
Colt Cabana was told he is awesome and I thanked him for his time in OVW. he seemed pleased.
KENTA was complimented on a good performance. He seemed pleased.

James Storm main evented the Saturday night show for NJPW's tour in a six man tag. Toru Yano was the youngest person in the match at age 40. Christina Von Eerie was used in a segment for ECCW.

Yaz
01-20-2019, 12:43 AM
May

OVW News
I released Scott Parker. In three pre show matches he didn't show anything of note and at 35 seemed unlikely to improve.
Cliff Compton requested his release due to his age. He was a decent name to have in the locker room, but I granted it.
Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin also requested their release due to being upset at their usage. Granted
I signed The Shard, a former Chikara employee. He will team with Jigsaw as The Pieces of Hate.
I also signed Dick Justice. No need to explain that one.

Major May Shows

WWE Backlash 2019
Daniel Bryan defeated Samoa Joe to retain the WWE Title
Baron Corbin defeated Apollo Crews by DQ to retain the Universal Title
The Bar defeated The New Day(Kofi and Big E) to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles
Dean Ambrose defeated Bobby Roode by count out to retain the IC Title
Ronda Rousey retained the Raw Women's Title in a 4 way
Nikki Cross defeated Nia Jax to retain the Smackdown Women's Title
Buddy Murphy defeated Sin Cara to retain the CW Title

Impact One Night Only May 2019
Johnny Impact defeated Eli Drake to retain the Impact World Title
Tessa Blanchard retained the Impact Women's Title in a 4 way
LAX defeated oVe to retain the Impact Tag Team Titles
Taiji Ishimori defeated Ethan Page to retain the X Division Title

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2019
The Prestige defeated The Lone Wolves to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles

ROH Global Wars 2019
Jay Lehtal defeated Cody and Jay Briscoe to retain the ROH World Title
Jeff Cobb defeated Marty Scurll to retain the ROH Television Title
Kelly Klein defeated Tenille Dashwood to retain the WOH title

April World News
Wrestle-1 has caused all sorts of hell with other Japanese companies. They declared their intent to wage war against NJPW, MPW, ZERO1, and AJPW.
ROH rose to Cult size. To give you an idea of that size, ECW was considered Cult size by game's standards.
Progress fell to Small size. My company is currently Small size to give an idea.
AAA have fallen from Cult to Regional.
Alesiter Black, Riddick Moss, Kassius Ohno, and Wesley Blake were all called up to the WWE main roster.
AAA fired Teddy Hart after he showed up to a show drunk. Not all that surprising.
Ivan Putski passed away at the age of 78.
Rockin' Robin passed away at the age of 54.
Bill Watts passed away at the age of 79.
Bill Graham passed away at the age of 75.
NXT:UK roster member Charlie Morgan broke her cranium in a match and is out over a year. At 28 she still has hope to wrestle again.
ICW secured a deal to broadcast their events throughout all of Europe, helping them gain a larger audience.
Billy Gunn opened his own wrestling school, The Gunn Dojo.
Bill Goldberg and Dump Matsumoto were inducted into the game's Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
01-21-2019, 01:41 AM
So RVD forced my hand last show, using his creative control to block him from dropping the title. Let's see where we go from here.
My creative team recommended Ruby Raze to me before the show. She came cheap so I signed her as an enhancement talent.

OVW Presents: Heat Up Your Summer 2019

Live from Dayton, Ohio

Backstage Incidents
James Storm and Kenta are working in Japan tonight.
Rob Van Dam has taken Flip Gordon under his wing.

Pre Show

Dick Justice and Mr. 450 vs Jax Dane and Ruby Raze E
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Dick Justice and Mr 450 defeated Jax Dane and Ruby Raze in 6:48 when Mr 450 defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with a 450 Splash.
Notes: Dick Justice debuted his Comedy Law Enforcer gimmick, rated as Very Good. Ruby Raze has debuted her Biker gimmick, rated as Very Good.

Christina Von Eerie vs Ryan Nova E
In a poor pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated Christina Von Eerie in 7:38 by pinfall.
Notes: Christina Von Eerie has debuted her Punk gimmick, rated as Below Average.

Portly Gentlemen (Fallah Bahh and Jervis Cottonbelly) vs Pieces of Hate E
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Portly Gentlemen defeated The Pieces of Hate in 6:49 when Fallah Bahh defeated The Shard by pinfall.
Notes: The Shard has debuted his Mysterious gimmick, rated as Average.

Sugar Dunkerton vs Cortez D-
In a poor pre-show match, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Cortez in 7:47 by pinfall with a Shut Up And Slam.

Main Show

Pac vs Michael Dante D+
In an extremely short match, Pac defeated Michael Dante in 4:24 by pinfall with a 630 Senton.

Angelico vs Aaron Stevens D
In a decent match, Aaron Stevens defeated Angelico in 10:23 by pinfall after using a foreign object.

Segment: Christy Hemme is in the ring, and introduces Bailey as the newest member of the roster. Bailey comes out and poses for the crowd. E+
Notes: Bailey has debuted her Girl Next Door gimmick, rated as Average.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 10:40 when Jay-TG intentionally got counted out while fighting Ricky Starks.

Jay Bradley vs Barry Ryan vs Afa Anoa'i Jr. - OVW American Title #1 Contender Match E+
In a decent match, Jay Bradley defeated Barry Ryan and Afa Anoa'i Jr in 7:40 when Jay Bradley defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by pinfall with a Boomstick.

Segment: Pac cuts a backstage promo on RVD. He says Van Dam beat him fair and square but his post match sneak attack lit a fire under him. He promises to take the title from Van Damn as payback. C-

Amazing Red vs Crimson D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Crimson defeated Amazing Red in 8:03 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill following interference from Jax Dane.
Notes: Red and Crimson have pretty good chemistry when fighting and it helped the match.

Flip Gordon vs Akira Tozawa D
In a decent match, Akira Tozawa defeated Flip Gordon in 12:33 by pinfall with a Bridging German Suplex.
Notes: Tozawa debuted his Wrestling Machine gimmick, rated as Poor. Flip Gordon was visibly tiring toward the end of the match.

Segment: A video package plays hyping up Foxxy. D

Foxxy vs Robbie E D-
In a decent match, Foxxy defeated Robbie E in 7:35 by pinfall with a Foxxy Buster.
Notes: Foxxy has debuted her Diva gimmick, rated as Average.

Bailey vs Carlito Colon C-
In a decent match, Bailey defeated Carlito Colon in 10:29 by pinfall with a Bailey-to-Belly Suplex.

Segment: After the match, Bailey offers to shake the hand of Carlito Colon who accepts the shake and then cheapshots Bailey after! D-

Hurricane Helms vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Taya Valkyrie defeated Hurricane Helms in 9:10 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 1 of her OVW American title.

Segment: Rob Van Damn is shown warming up backstage. He makes sure to mention how he is carrying OVW. C
Notes: Van Damn has debuted a new heel gimmick, Cocky, rated as Above Average.

Christian Rose vs Chris Adonis vs Rob Van Damn(c) - OVW World Heavy Title D
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Christian Rose and Chris Adonis in 14:28 when Rob Van Dam defeated Christian Rose by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash. During the match we also had Pac distract Adonis, who was in control of the match at the time. Rob Van Dam makes defense number 5 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Christian Rose was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Segment: While RVD is celebrating, Pac comes to the ring and challenges him to a rematch. RVD agrees. Pac says he failed to mention it will be a TLC match. D+

Overall Rating - D

Post Show Notes
431 of 500 tickets were sold.
OVW popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
Christian Rose was given some encouragement. He seemed pleased.
Bailey and Carlito were complimented on good performances. They both seemed pleased.

James Storm wrestled on the NJPW tour. KENTA wrestled for the ZERO1 tour. Both were victorious.

Yaz
01-21-2019, 11:55 PM
I am now into July in game, meaning half the year is gone and I still haven't gone bankrupt!

I have noticed a handful of things and will be making a couple of changes to the LP. The most notable change will be on the major show results. Title changes are few and far between, so they will only be announced when they happen. I've noticed that WWE also loves to book repetitive matches, like even more repetitive than real life. Since Wrestlemania, March in game, WWE has booked The Bella Twins vs The IIConics at every PPV plus six times on Raw and twice on Smackdown. Most of the time there are no real stories to their matches, so its becoming unfulfilling for me to include them. There is no need for me to mention that Daniel Bryan defended against Luke Gallows for the third time either. This coupled with ROH and NJPW rarely holding actual title matches on their PPVs has lead me to trim the excess. If a title changes hands, I will mention it, but if not you will just have to find who the champ in a major fed is by scrolling back a few posts.

All other news will still be included.

OVW News
WWE allowed Peyton Royce to negotiate with other companies. She signed PPA deals with me and Shimmer. Her ring name has yet to be decided.

Major Show Results
Tetsuya Naito won the NJPW Best of the Super Juniors tournament.
Frankie Kazarian defeated Jay Lethal at ROH Best in the World to win the ROH World Title
Harnandez and Zachery Wentz defeated LAX at Impact One Night Only to win the Impact Tag Team Titles

World News
PWG made Pentagon Jr their Figurehead, the equivalent of an Ace in Japan.
Impact rose to Cult size while NXT:UK and Progress both rose to Regional.
Layla and Ricky Ortiz got divorced, though Ortiz was lucky to have her in the first place.
Laura James aka Mrs. Joey Ryan, announced she was pregnant. No real shock there.
Wild Samoan Training Center closed down following Afa Anoa'i leaving the wrestling business. One thinks one of the other 900 members of that family could have taken over.

Mid Year Awards
None of these are official, they just represent the game's prediction based upon the events of the first half of the year.
Wrestler of the Year - Tetsuya Naito
Company of the Year - NJPW
Team of the Year - Golden Lovers
Match of the Year - Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Kazuchika Okada on an episode of NJPW World Pro Wrestling.
Show of the Year - Wrestle Kingdom 13
Young Wrestler of the Year - Dragon Lee 2
Veteran Wrestler of the Year - Hiroshi Tanahashi
Female Wrestler of the Year - Meiko Satomura
Independent Wrestler of the Year - Stu Bennett

Yaz
01-22-2019, 02:36 AM
OVW Presents: Summer Sizzler 2019
Live from Glendale, Wisconsin

Backstage Incidents
James Storm and Kenta are working in Japan.

Pre Show

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs Cortez D-
In a decent pre-show match, Cortez defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 6:32 by pinfall with a Superkick.
Notes: Anoa'i and Cortez have great chemistry and it showed in their performance.

Team Overkill vs Pieces of Hate E+
In a poor pre-show match, Team Overkill defeated The Pieces of Hate in 9:02 when Christian Rose defeated The Shard by pinfall.

Mr 450 vs Jax Dane E
In a poor pre-show match, Mr 450 defeated Jax Dane in 8:12 by pinfall with a 450 Splash.
Notes: Mr 450 and Dane have pretty good chemistry and it showed.

Segment: A video showing Christina Von Eerie at a tattoo convention airs. D+

Amazing Red vs Flip Gordon D
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Amazing Red defeated Flip Gordon in 6:38 by pinfall with a Code Red.
Notes: Red and Flip have great chemistry and is lifted the match quality.

Extra Talented vs Team Titan E+
In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Team Titan in 8:25 when Aaron Solo defeated Barry Ryan by pinfall after a miscue by Team Titan.

Segment: Ryan and Adonis argue after the match and Adonis lays out Ryan. E+

Jay Bradley vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D-
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Jay Bradley in 13:19 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 2 of her OVW American title.

Segment: A video package airs hyping Joey Ryan's return to in ring action. E+

Foxxy vs Ruby Raze D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Ruby Raze in 6:17 by pinfall with an Officer Nasty.
Notes: Foxxy and Raze have pretty good chemistry and it showed.

Segment: RVD finally arrives at the arena. He's late, but hes the champ and does what he wants. C

Portly Gentlemen vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
In a decent match, Cryme Tyme defeated Portly Gentlemen in 6:42 when Shad Gaspard defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a G-9. Cryme Tyme make defence number 6 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Dick Justice vs Scott Steiner E+
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Dick Justice defeated Scott Steiner in 6:43 by pinfall.

Segment: Jay Bradley cuts a promo, calling out Taya for cheating and promising to get a rematch and settle the score. E+
Notes: Bradley struggled without a script despite insisting he work without one.

Joey Ryan vs Aaron Stevens D
In a decent match, Aaron Stevens defeated Joey Ryan in 7:12 by pinfall with an Idolizer.

Segment: Bruce Prichard is backstage with Chris Adonis. He tells him he made the right call attacking Barry Ryan. now that he is free of the dead weight, he can make it to the top. Adonis agrees. D-

Sugar Dunkerton vs Michael Dante D-
In a decent match, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Michael Dante in 6:33 by pinfall.

Bailey vs Robbie E C-
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Bailey in 9:27 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death following interference from Carlito Colon.

Segment: A hype video airs, showing Pac's aerial prowess. D

Ryan Nova vs Crimson D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Crimson defeated Ryan Nova in 10:22 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Hurricane Helms and Angelico vs Akira Tozawa and Carlito Colon D+
In a decent match, Akira Tozawa and Carlito Colon defeated Hurricane Helms and Angelico in 9:20 when Akira Tozawa defeated Hurricane Helms by pinfall with a Bridging German Suplex.

In terms of in-ring work, Akira Tozawa was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Segment: Bailey is cutting a promo on Carlito when he walks past and brags about how he just won, something Bailey couldn't do. Before she can respond, he spits apple at her. D-

Pac vs Rob Van Dam(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title TLC Match C
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Pac defeated Rob Van Dam in a TLC match in 15:33 when Pac retrieved the title. Pac wins the OVW World Heavyweight title.

Final Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
432 of 500 tickets sold.
Pac was told he is awesome for taking a stunt bump in his match.
RVD was pointed at as a good example for going through with the title change despite his initial protest.
Bailey was complimented on a good performance.
All three seemed pleased.
Scott Steiner was PISSED I booked him to lose. He trashed the locker room. One wonders what would make him so enraged.

KENTA wrestled for ZERO1 and Storm had the night off of the NJPW tour.

Yaz
01-23-2019, 02:24 AM
July

OVW News
I signed a deal to allow ESPN to broadcast my events On Demand. It means more sponsorship money and a larger audience. Powerbomb.TV will still broadcast the events live in the US, but ESPN will have them available on demand in all of the US and Canada. I also signed a deal with a local station to air my events in a late night slot the day after they are broadcast live on Powerbomb.TV. I get no sponsorship money from this deal, but the requirements are super lax and its good for exposure and growth in my home region.
The extra sponsor money gave me some room to make a new signing. After searching for a new Authority Figure to take the place of a very sub par Christy Hemme, I was able to hire DDP. Hemme will stick around for now, likely in a manager role.
I also signed Stevie Richards to a manager role.

Major Fed Title Changes
Fandango defeated Dean Ambrose and Bobby Fish to win the IC Title on the Raw before Extreme Rules.

News
AAA dropped Psycho Clown as their figurehead. He was pissed and did a shoot against them on a local radio station.
A new company, Powerbomb Association Wrestling (PAW) opened in Scandinavia.
Steve Cutler and Jeet Rama were called up to the WWE main roster.
Jeff Jarrett was fired from AAA.
LA Park was fired from CMLL.
Tommy Rich slipped backstage at an indie show and herniated a disc, putting him on the shelf for over a month.
Brooke Adams gave birth.
Peyton Royce, Priscilla Kelly, and Heather Monroe all announced they were pregnant.
Chris Jericho, Billy Corgan, and Andy Williams of Every Time I Die put together a four month world tour. Jericho and Corgan really enjoy jamming together. I guess the world is a vampire you stupid idiot (sorry, this was the best I came up with at 3:30am)
Norman Smiley left WWE to take over as head trainer at Body Slam University.
Tommy Dreamer was inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
01-23-2019, 09:18 PM
RVD recommended Brian Pillman Jr to me. He is a solid prospect, but I signed him more to appease Van Dam, who wasn't happy he dropped the title. Still, at 250 PPA, Pillman Jr has solid skills and potential.

OVW Presents: All or Nothing 2019

Live from Charleston, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
James Storm, KENTA, and Akira Tozawa are all in Japan.
RVD has taken Brian Pillman Jr under his wing.
After all my positive speeches, I gained the Motivational Speech ability. I used it for the first time and amped the roster.

Pre Show

Christina Von Eerie vs Ruby Raze E+
In a poor pre-show match, Christina Von Eerie defeated Ruby Raze in 5:40 by submission with a West Coast Curse.

Hurricane Helms vs Shad Gaspard E+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Hurricane Helms defeated Shad Gaspard in 7:38 by pinfall with a Shining Wizard.

Afa Anoa'i & Amazing Red vs Mr 450 & Flip Gordon D-
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Afa Anoa'i Jr and Amazing Red defeated Mr 450 and Flip Gordon in 8:37 when Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Lights Out.

Dick Justice vs Jervis Cottonbelly E
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Dick Justice defeated Jervis Cottonbelly in 6:18 by pinfall.
Notes: Justice and Jervis didn't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.

Foxxy vs Jay-TG vs Ryan Nova E+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Jay-TG and Ryan Nova in 8:45 when Foxxy defeated Jay-TG by pinfall with a Foxxy Buster.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page comes out to the ring and introduces himself as the new Authority Figure of the company. He thanks Christy Hemme and offers her a role as an interviewer. D+
Notes: DDP has debuted his Legend gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Angelico vs Brian Pillman Jr E+
In a poor match, Angelico defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:46 by submission with a Cruceta Invertida.
Notes: Pillman Jr debuted his Crazy gimmick, rated as Above Average.
Angelico and Pillman Jr have pretty good chemistry together and it lifted the match.

Segment: Stevie Richards offers to coach Fallah Bahh and Bahh accepts. E+
Notes: Richards has debuted his Inept Coach gimmick, rated as Average.

Segment: Bruce Prichard is backstage talking to Barry Ryan. Prichard says that Ryan is dead weight and will no longer be his manager. E
Notes: The seeds for a Ryan face turn were planted and the fans didn't respond well.

Fallah Bahh vs Michael Dante E+
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Fallah Bahh defeated Michael Dante in 6:26 by pinfall.
Notes: Richards did some good work at ringside.

Joey Ryan vs Cortez D
In a decent match, Cortez defeated Joey Ryan in 5:58 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper.
Notes: Ryan and Cortez had good chemistry and it showed.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page comes to the ring with something under his arm. DDP announces the creation of the OVW Cruiserweight Title. A tournament will be held to crown the first champ at the next show! D+

Barry Ryan vs Chris Adonis D-
In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Barry Ryan in 8:02 by submission with an Adonis Lock.
Notes: Ryan debuted his Avenger gimmick, rated as Average. He officially turned face in the match. It went badly.

Team Overkill vs The War Kings D-
In a poor match, The War Kings defeated Team Overkill in 8:48 when Crimson defeated Matt Cage by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Extra Talented vs Pieces of Hate E+
In a poor match, Extra Talented defeated The Pieces of Hate in 8:02 when Aaron Solo defeated The Shard by pinfall.
Notes: The script had to be changed mid match as jigsaw suffered an injury. It threw the flow off.

Segment: Cyrme Tyme are in their car and cut a promo hyping themselves up, claiming after the last two matches, its clear there are no more challengers in OVW. E+

Sugar Dunkerton vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Sugar Dunkerton in 10:44 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 3 of her OVW American title. During the match, Stevie Richards came out on stage to watch but made sure not to distract from the match.

Segment: A video airs showing Dick justice arresting a "fan" in the parking lot before the show. E+

Bailey & Cassidy (Peyton Royce) vs Carlito Colon and Robbie E C-
In a decent match, Bailey and Cassidy drew with Carlito Colon and Robbie E in 13:07 following a double count out when Bailey and Carlito brawled on the outside.

Bailey carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
Notes: Cassidy debuted her Suave gimmick, rated as Average.

Segment: After the match, Bailey and Carlito Colon won't stop fighting and despite the attempts by security to break them up, it's an all out brawl to the back. D-

Jay Bradley vs Rob Van Dam D+
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Jay Bradley in 10:49 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.

Pac(c) vs Aaron Stevens - OVW World Heavyweight Title C
In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Pac defeated Aaron Stevens in 13:16 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Senton. Pac makes defence number 1 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
The 500 seat arena sold out. Not only was it our first sell out, but we had to turn people away.
Jigsaw suffered a broken rib. He is out at least 27 days.
Jigsaw was given some encouragement following his injury. He seemed pleased.
Bruce Prichard and Jay Bradley were both complimented on a good performance. They both seemed pleased.

James Storm had the night off the NJPW tour. Tozawa wrestled Ultimo Dragon in MPW. KENTA had the night off the ZERO1 tour.

Yaz
01-24-2019, 03:09 AM
So I have run into a bit of an issue that I did not foresee. The women who were WWE castoffs (and Taya) have become some of my most popular wrestlers. The men on the roster are upset and some are refusing to work with the women. Once I can sign enough talent I plan on putting in a women's division. For now I will continue to book the women against the men who won't throw fits (shout out to Carlito) and introduce a Women's Title to give the women who are getting hosed something to do. As such, some more hires are coming.

August

OVW News
To start building the women's division I have signed Naomi (Who will wrestle under the name Trinity) Paige Turner (Middle American indipendant mainstay who uses a librarian/lawyer gimmick) Laura James (Mrs. Joey Ryan) Zeda Zhang (Chinese wrestler who had a few matches in NXT and was in the first Mae Young Classic) Princesa Sugehit (masked CMLL mainstay and Mae Young Classic competitor) Kris Wolf (YouTube personality, former Stardom wrestler and all around pleasant gal) Gabby Ortiz (ROH wrestler trained by Punishment Martinez) and Hikaru Shida (Japanese wrestler who was a long time competitor in Ice Ribbon). I am also looking at bringing in Nia Jax, who I was surprised to see WWE let go. With the exception of Naomi, none of the girls cost more than 800 a show. I also reworked the contracts of the few wrestlers who had a downside guarantee, so now I only have to pay talent I use, saving me on my wage bill.

Major Title Changes
Gran Metalik defeated Buddy Murphy for the CW Title at SummerSlam.
Also of note, Nikki Cross (Smackdown Women's Champion) challenged Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's Title. Ronda retained, but it will be interesting to see where the show specific titles go from here as the Raw Tag Team Titles were not defend on the show.
Matt Taven defeated Jeff Cobb for the ROH TV Title at Death Before Dishonor.
Tomohiro Ishii claimed the G1 Climax Title.
Nick Jackson won PWG's BOLA 2019. He was a last minute entrant after Matt tore his MCL a few weeks before the show.

World News
Lucha Underground rose to Cult size.
Vince Russo was named head booker of PAW. Way to doom them before they even start.
AJPW released twenty wrestlers over the course of the month before declaring they were at war with every company in Japan. Get your popcorn ready.
In addition to Naomi, TJP and Viktor of Ascension fame also left WWE.
A week before Naomi was fired, she and Jimmy Uso divorced.
Mike Bailey and Veda Scott broke up.
Taeler Hendrix was arrested for assaulting a police officer.
Bob Holly opened his own wrestling school, The School of Holly.
Masakatsu Funaki was inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
01-25-2019, 02:52 AM
OVW Presents: Old School 2019
Live from Evanston, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
Akira Tozawa and KENTA are in Japan tonight.

Pre Show

Jay Bradley vs Brian Pillman Jr D-
In a poor pre-show match, Jay Bradley defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:20 by pinfall with a Barrel Roll Driver.

Mr 450 and Team Overkill vs Cortez and The War Kings D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Mr 450 and Team Overkill defeated Cortez and The War Kings in 10:12 when Christian Rose defeated Jax Dane by pinfall.

Jervis Cottonbelly vs Jigsaw F+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Jervis Cottonbelly defeated Jigsaw in 5:14 by submission with a Downton Lock.
Notes: This was a comedy match. Jigsaw thanked me for giving me giving him an easy return to the ring after his injury.

Segment: Afa Anoa'i Jr is shown backstage on his cell phone, talking to someone. Who that someone is is a mystery, but it sounds intriguing. E+

Ryan Nova vs The Shard E
In a poor pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated The Shard in 7:28 by submission.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page announces the four men in the CW Tournament. Amazing Red, Angelico, Hurricane Helms and Robbie E. He puts each man over. E

Dick Justice vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Dick Justice in 7:19 by pinfall. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 4 of her OVW American title.

Segment: We see James Storm entering the arena. He's here! D+

Amazing Red vs Robbie E - CW Title Tournament Match D
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Amazing Red in 8:42 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death.

Angelico vs Hurricane Helms - CW Title Tournament Match D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Angelico defeated Hurricane Helms in 8:52 by submission with a Cruceta Invertida.

Segment: Christy Hemme interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis. D-

Barry Ryan vs Michael Dante D-
In a decent match, Barry Ryan defeated Michael Dante in 8:07 by pinfall with a Cobra Clutch Slam.

Flip Gordon vs Chris Adonis D
In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Flip Gordon in 5:47 by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page announces that he has signed Jaxx (Nia Jax) to a contract. He says the Cruiserweights aren't the only ones getting gold tonight. He announces a fifteen gal battle royal to crown the inaugural OVW Women's Champion. D

15 Person Battle Royal - OVW Women's Title D
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jaxx won a Battle Royal in 16:42. The other members of the 'final four' were Cassidy, Foxxy and Bailey, with Cassidy being the final elimination. Bailey got the most eliminations over the course of the match. During the match we also had Carlito Colon distract Bailey. Jaxx wins the OVW Women's title.
Notes: There were a lot of debuts here, but only Jaxx is currently a focal point of the roster. Her Dominatrix (Dominant female, not sexual) gimmick debuted at Above Average.

Segment: Christy Hemme hosts her new talk show, Impact Exposure, with her guests Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks. They promise to take the tag titles from Cryme Tyme tonight and won't let themselves be cheated out of gold again. E+

In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 10:56 when Shad Gaspard intentionally got disqualified while fighting Ricky Starks. Cryme Tyme retains the titles.

Segment: Pac is shown warming up backstage. D+

Sugar Dunkerton & Fallah Bahh vs Aaron Stevens & RVD D
In a decent match, Aaron Stevens and Rob Van Dam defeated Sugar Dunkerton and Fallah Bahh in 9:15 when Aaron Stevens defeated Fallah Bahh by pinfall with an Idolizer.

Segment: Jay-TG and Shad Gaspard cut a promo on Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks. A backstage worker hands them a piece of paper. Jay-TG and Shad shove the worker into some boxes and storm off. The camera pans down to show that Cryme Tyme will be forced to defend their titles in a steel cage against Extra Talented at the next show. E

Angelico vs Robbie E - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Angelico in 10:58 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Robbie E wins the OVW Cruiserweight title.

Joey Ryan vs Carlito Colon D-
In a decent match, Joey Ryan defeated Carlito Colon in 9:16 by submission with an End Scene after a distraction from Bailey.

Segment: After the match, Carlito Colon snaps and attacks referee Brian Stiffler. E+

Segment: Bailey cuts a backstage promo, saying if Carlito wants to play dirty, she can play dirty. D

James Storm vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C+
In a bout that had superb wrestling and good heat, Pac defeated James Storm in 13:46 by pinfall with a 630 Senton. Pac makes defence number 2 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Final Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
This was my first show on ESPN's on demand service. We now reach more homes in the US, and are available in Canada.
All 600 tickets were sold and we again had to turn people away at the door.
Popularity increased in 18 regions. All 11 in the US and all 7 in Canada.
Pac, James Storm, and Robbie E were all complimented on good performances. Pac verbally thanked me, while the other two seemed pleased.

Tozawa and KENTA wrestled for MPW and ZERO1 respectively, both losing.

Yaz
01-25-2019, 09:55 PM
September

OVW News
The Women's Division is still going forward now that Naomi, now known as Trinity, is officially signed. A lot of the low card women will be local one night hires until I can turn a profit. 9 months of operating at a loss takes its toll, but gates and merchandise revenue are increasing.
ESPN was pleased with the initial show and decided to buyout the remaining four shows I could potentially air on Powerbomb.TV.

Major Title Changes
Jay Briscoe defeated Jeff Cobb to win the ROH Survival of the Fittest Tournament.

World News
With New Japan being in their 'off-season' they took to signing a fair number of talent to written deals. Most of those who they signed were guy who worked for other Japanese promotions.
The Mighty(TM-61), Jaxson Ryker, and Danny Burch were promoted to the main roster.
Current NXT and former Impact referee Rudy Charles died at age 41 in a car accident.
Aja Kong, The Sandman, Dalip Singh (Khali), El Canek, Scott Steiner, Shane Douglas, Sabu, and Raven were all inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
01-29-2019, 02:33 AM
OVW Presents: Hell Night 2019
Live from Dayton, Ohio

Backstage Incidents
KENTA and Tozawa are in Japan. Laura James and Cassidy are on maternity leave.
I gave a motivational speech and it pumped up the locker room. I learned you have to wait two months between speeches, so going forward they will be saved for bigger shows.
Jaxx (Nia Jax) thanked me for hiring her boyfriend, Josh Woods.
We also have a new surprise signing, but I wanna keep that a secret until the reveal.

Pre Show

Amazing Red vs Brian Pillman Jr. D-
In a poor pre-show match, Amazing Red defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:46 by pinfall with a Red Star Press.

Princess Sugehit vs Christina Von Eerie vs Paige Turner vs Gabby Ortiz D-
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Paige Turner defeated Princesa Sugehit, Christina Von Eerie and Gabby Ortiz in 9:24 when Paige Turner defeated Christina Von Eerie by pinfall.

Hikaru Shida & Makoto vs Ruby Raze & Zeda Zhang E+
In a poor pre-show match, Ruby Raze and Zeda Zhang defeated Hikaru Shida and Makoto in 8:09 when Ruby Raze defeated Makoto by pinfall.
Notes: Raze and Zhang have absolutely zero chemistry as partners.

Flip Gordon vs Josh Woods E+
In a poor pre-show match, Flip Gordon defeated Josh Woods in 5:31 by pinfall.
Notes: Josh Woods debuted his Redneck gimmick, rated as Great.

Mr 450 & Ryan Nova vs Cortez and Jax Dane E+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova defeated Cortez and Jax Dane in 9:55 when Mr 450 defeated Cortez by pinfall with a 450 Splash.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page is shown backstage on his cell phone, talking to someone. He thanks him and can't wait to see him tonight. Christy Hemme asks DDP who that was, DDP says it is the newest member of the OVW roster, a real Leviathan in the industry. He winks at Hemme before he walks to his office. C-

Fallah Bahh vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D+
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Fallah Bahh in 7:03 by submission. Taya Valkyrie makes defense number 5 of her OVW American title.

Team Overkill vs Pieces of Hate D-
In a poor match, Team Overkill defeated The Pieces of Hate in 9:25 when Christian Rose defeated Jigsaw by pinfall.

Segment: Bailey is interviewed by Christy Hemme about her upcoming match with Carlito Colon. She says she and Carlito have played this game too long, and tonight it ends. D-

Hurricane Helms vs Joey Ryan E+
In a comedy bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Joey Ryan defeated Hurricane Helms in 8:01 by submission with an End Scene.

Jay Bradley vs Michael Dante D
In a decent match, Michael Dante defeated Jay Bradley in 10:17 by submission after interference from Taya Valkyrie.
Notes: Bradley and Dante have great chemistry and it showed, helping the match quality.

Segment: Christy Hemme interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis. He says Adonis is unstoppable and will stake his claim to the OVW World Heavyweight Title soon. Adonis mostly just stands around and poses. D

Segment: Cryme Tyme cuts a promo on Extra Talented. They have been a thorn in their side for too long, so tonight, Extra Talented will taste the steel. E+

Extra Talented vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles - Steel Cage Match D
In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 13:48 when Ricky Starks escaped the cage. Aaron Solo was thrown out the door first, making it 2v1. Jay-TG then climbed over the top to even it out. Starks then fell to the floor while fighting Shad on top of the cage. Extra Talented win the OVW Tag Team titles.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page is on the ramp, and introduces Trinity as the newest member of the roster. Trinity comes out and poses for the crowd. While she is posing, Jaxx pushes her way past and makes her way to the ring. D
Notes: Trinity has debuted her Dancer gimmick, rated as Average.

Jaxx(c) vs Foxxy - OVW Women's Title D-
In a decent match, Jaxx defeated Foxxy in 7:18 by pinfall. Jaxx makes defence number 1 of her OVW Women's title.

Segment: Dick Justice and Jervis Cottonbelly are at the catering area. Jervis is trying to teach Justice the gentlemanly way to eat a donut, but it doesn't go well. E+

Angelico & Barry Ryan & Sugar Dunkerton vs Robbie E & Chris Adonis & Aaron Stevens D
In a decent match, Robbie E, Chris Adonis and Aaron Stevens defeated Angelico, Barry Ryan and Sugar Dunkerton in 9:43 when Chris Adonis defeated Sugar Dunkerton by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Segment: James Storm comes to the ring. Storm says no one in this company can touch him. He issues an open challenge. He waits and waits and is about to leave the ring when.....

Dave Batista's music hits! Storm freaks out and tries to back out, but the match is on. B-

James Storm vs Batista C
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Dave Batista defeated James Storm in 10:47 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.
Notes: The crowd was very shocked by Batista showing up in OVW. He debuted his Bad Ass gimmick, rated as Great.

Afa Anoa'i & Trinity vs Rob Van Dam & Kris Wolf D
In a decent match, Rob Van Dam and Kris Wolf defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr and Trinity in 9:34 when Rob Van Dam defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.

Carlito Colon vs Bailey C-
In a decent match, Bailey drew with Carlito Colon in 12:05 following a double count out.

Segment: Pac is walking out of his locker room when he passes Batista. The Animal shakes his hand and says he is a big fan of Pac. Pac says he likes Guardians of the Galaxy. Batista laughs but looks down at Pac's World Title before he walks away. B-

Crimson vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Pac defeated Crimson in 10:53 by pinfall with a 630 Senton. Pac makes defence number 3 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C

Post Show Notes
712 of 750 tickets sold.
Popularity increased in 18 regions, all 11 in the US and 7 in Canada.
Batista was complimented on a good performance and he seemed pleased.
Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks were hugs for their title win. They seemed pleased.
KENTAD main evented the ZERO1 tour show tonight. Tozawa was in the co-main event for MPW. Both were six man tag matches. Both were on the winning team.

Yaz
01-29-2019, 03:41 AM
October

OVW News
Popularity is increasing, but otherwise there were no major news stories for me in October.
All US based promotions sized Regional and lower now view me as a competitor. LU does as all, but ROH and Impact have not told me they hate me yet.

Major Title Changes
Ruby Riott defeated Ronda Rousey at TLC to win the Raw Women's Title.
AOP defeated The Bar at TLC to win the Smackdown Tag Titles.
Eric Rowan defeated Rusev on Main Event the week before TLC to win the US Title.
Trey Miguel defeated Taiji Ishimori to win the X Division Title on the second Impact show of the month.
Gedo defeated Chris Jericho on the first night of NJPW's tour to win the IWGP Intercontinental Title. On the first weekend show of the tour Tama Tonga defeated Gedo to take the title.
Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask defeated The Prestige on the second night of the tour to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles.
Dalton Castle defeated Matt Taven for the ROH World Television Title.

World News
Rhyno, Titus O'Neil, and Buddy Murphy are gone from WWE. WWE declined to renew their contracts.
Les Thatcher passed away at age 78.
Vampiro and Simon Grimm (Simon Gotch) were involved in a fight at a LU taping. I like to imagine Grimm throwing sodas at Vampiro and Vampiro deflecting them with his farts.
Ivelisse started dating Tama Tonga.
JoJo and Bray Wyatt broke up. That certainly was a crazy trip.
Lady Shani suffered a broken vertebrae in a match while working for AAA. Recovery time is at least fifteen months.
Candice LaRae gave birth. Word on the street is that Baby Wrestling is one tough cupcake.

Spidey
01-29-2019, 10:40 AM
Great surprise man. Love to see what you do with ol' Drax.

This promotion is coming along nicely. You have the talent I'd go pay to see.

Yaz
01-29-2019, 06:06 PM
Great surprise man. Love to see what you do with ol' Drax.

This promotion is coming along nicely. You have the talent I'd go pay to see.

I just made another big signing that I could not believe was available.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 12:49 AM
OVW Presents: Battle of the Best 2019
Live from Chicago, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
Laura James and Cassidy are on maternity leave.

Pre Show

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs Brian Pillman Jr D-
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:35 by pinfall with a Lights Out.
Notes: Trinity accompanied Anoa'i to the ring and did some good work. The two have excellent chemistry.

Angelico & Flip Gordon vs The Pieces of Hate D-
In a decent pre-show match, The Pieces of Hate defeated Angelico and Flip Gordon in 7:18 when Jigsaw defeated Flip Gordon by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Trinity & Christina Von Eerie & Princesa Sugehit vs Gabby Ortiz & Kris Wolf & Paige Turner D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Trinity, Christina Von Eerie and Princesa Sugehit defeated Gabby Ortiz, Kris Wolf and Paige Turner in 10:48 when Trinity defeated Gabby Ortiz by pinfall with a Split-Legged Moonsault.

Dick Justice vs Josh Woods vs Michael Dante D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Michael Dante defeated Dick Justice and Josh Woods in 7:39 when Michael Dante defeated Josh Woods by pinfall.

Segment: Sugar Dunkerton is shown in the parking lot shooting hoops with Stevie Richards. E+
Notes: This segment was used to transition Dunkerton from his Comic Relief gimmick to a more serious Dual Sport Athlete gimmick. The new gimmick rated as awful.

Hikaru Shida vs Zeda Zhang E+
In a poor pre-show match, Zeda Zhang defeated Hikaru Shida in 6:05 by pinfall.

Hurricane Helms vs Cortez E+
In a poor pre-show match, Hurricane Helms defeated Cortez in 7:26 by pinfall with a Double Knee Facebreaker.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme hosts her show, Impact Exposure in the ring, with her guest Pac. Pac talks about being a fighting champion and how he welcomes all challengers. During the interview, a masked figure comes through the stands and jumps Pac from behind. The masked figure lays out Pac with a thunderous spear before revealing himself to be Rhino! D

Portly Gentlemen vs Cryme Tyme D-
In a decent match, Cryme Tyme defeated Portly Gentlemen in 7:32 when Shad Gaspard defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a Thugnificent.
Notes: Jay-TG altered his gimmick to be less serious and more gimmicky. It is now rated as Above Average.

Team Overkill vs The War Kings D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The War Kings defeated Team Overkill in 8:18 when Crimson defeated Matt Cage by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Segment: A video of Trinity showing off her various dance moves is shown. C-

Ryan Nova vs Aaron Stevens D
In a decent match, Aaron Stevens defeated Ryan Nova in 7:32 by pinfall with an Idolizer.
Notes: Stevens debuted his new Arrogant gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Segment: After the match, Aaron Stevens celebrates in the ring. He takes the celebration way too far, heeling it up and going entirely overboard. D+

Segment: Backstage, Taya Valkyrie is shown walking into Chris Adonis's locker room. E+

Segment: In the ring, Extra Talented have a celebration ceremony to commemorate their recent title win. They promise to defend the titles with honor. E+

Barry Ryan vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Barry Ryan in 9:44 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex following interference from Chris Adonis. Taya Valkyrie makes defense number 6 of her OVW American title.

Joey Ryan vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Joey Ryan in 8:44 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death. Robbie E makes defence number 1 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.

Segment: Carlito cuts a backstage promo on Bailey. He says tonight, he will be the last one standing. D

Chris Adonis vs Amazing Red & Mr 450 D+
In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Mr 450 and Amazing Red in 5:31 when Chris Adonis defeated Mr 450 by submission with an Adonis Lock.
Notes: Mr 450 went down awkwardly on his knee at one point. He quickly tagged out and spent some time on the floor before tagging back in. He was noticeably limping to the finish.

Segment: A video package airs showing Bailey talking about watching Carlito when she was younger. Tonight, she will watch him fail to beat the ten count. D

Bailey vs Carlito Colon - Last Man Standing C-
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Bailey defeated Carlito Colon in a Last Man Standing match in 17:09 when Carlito Colon could not beat a ten count after a Rose Plant off an anvil case.

Segment: Bruce Prichard talks to his client, Chris Adonis. He says the company will have to recognize his dominance after the handicap victory earlier in the night. D-

Jay Bradley vs James Storm C-
In a decent match, James Storm defeated Jay Bradley in 9:33 by pinfall with an Eye of the Storm.

Batista & Foxxy vs Rob Van Dam & Jaxx D+
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dave Batista and Foxxy defeated Rob Van Dam and Jaxx in 10:11 when Dave Batista defeated Rob Van Dam by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page announces that he has signed Rebecca Knox to a contract and she will be here, next! D

Rebecca Knox vs Ruby Raze D+
In a decent match, Rebecca Knox defeated Ruby Raze in 5:41 by pinfall with a Hard Knox.
Notes: Knox has debuted her Equality Fighter gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Pac(c) vs Rhino - OVW World Heavyweight Champion C+
In a superb match, Pac defeated Rhino in 12:21 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Senton. Pac makes defence number 4 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C

Post Show Notes
872 of 1000 tickets were sold. Their were no 900 seat venues, but projected ticket sales were 865 and I'd rather have one empty section in a 1000 seat stadium as opposed to turning away over 100 people from a 750 seat venue.
Popularity increased in the usual 18 regions.
Rhino was on a one night only contract. I'd like to bring him in on a full time basis, but he wants to take time off following his WWE release.
Aaron Stevens was off his game again. He is developing a reputation for not being motivated for lower card matches.
Pac was pointed at as a good example. He was pleased.
Rhino and Bailey were complimented on good performances. Rhino seemed pleased and Bailey thanked me.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 02:43 AM
November

OVW News
Obviously you all saw I signed Becky Lynch. Not sure why WWE has let so many female talents go, but they are providing me with solid in ring hands and popular acts.
The Batista deal cost me a fair chunk of change, but so far he has been worth it. Merch sales are up and ESPN is already talking an improved deal in the future.
Christopher Daniels reached out to me for a job. He would be a great guy to have so I brought him on. His skill set is a bit weird. He wanted to be a face but his ratings for heel characters were higher in all areas but comedy. So OVW gonna bring in Curry Man!
Rhino and Epico were also signed. Epico will wrestle under his real name, Orlando Colon.
It did have its drawback financially. KENTA and Akira Tozawa were both let go. They both preferred to wrestle in Japan and I'm not gonna keep them here and them be unhappy.
I also shook up my commentary table. Taz was only temporary hire, so I made the call to put Hurricane at the table. He will call the action completely in character.

Major Title Changes
Golden Lovers defeated Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask to win the NJPW Super Junior Tag Team Tournament.
Jay Lehtal defeated Cody and Silas Young to win the vacant ROH World Title.
Jake Crist defeated Desmond Xavier and Trey Miguel to win the X Division Title.

World News
The biggest news. WWE fired The Undertaker. Not a contract expiry, not a retirement, but a full fledged firing.
Noam Dar also left WWE.
Tino Sabbatelli and Roderick Strong were called up. Kyle O'Reilly is the only member of UE left in NXT.
Ice Ribbon and ASW-UK both rose to regional size.
Aiden English divorced Shaul Guerrero. He was the whitest of the Guerrero family, so he will be missed at Thanksgiving.
Frankie Kazarian tore his Achilles Tendon completely off the bone. He is out at least a year, hence the ROH Title being vacated.
A UK based female, Bacardi, suffered a herniated disc when she was hit by a car while jogging. She is out at least 14 months.
Tatsumi Fujinami was inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 03:14 AM
These men, they hurt me.

https://i.imgur.com/itTnYMC.png
https://i.imgur.com/GbNNaQZ.png

RVD tested positive once before and I gave him a slap on the wrist. It's pot, it isn't a big deal, but I asked him to tone down the usage. I chose to fine him this time to try to get the message across. I upset RVD, as well as Flip Gordon and Brian Pillman Jr, his proteges.

Now Big Dave was a tough one. I chose to fine him, which is the same course of action I took when Cortez pissed hot. Dave took the fine in stride and nothing noteworthy happened.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 09:45 PM
OVW Presents: Homecoming 2019
Live from Louisville, Kentucky

Backstage Incidents
RVD is still upset over the fine for the failed drug test and its brought morale down a bit, but nothing serious.
Laura James and Cassidy are on maternity leave.

Pre Show

Princessa Sugehit vs Gabby Ortiz vs Kris Wolf D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Princesa Sugehit defeated Gabby Ortiz and Kris Wolf in 8:09 when Princesa Sugehit defeated Gabby Ortiz by pinfall with a Frankensteiner.

Sugar Dunkerton vs Zeda Zhang E+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Zeda Zhang in 5:45 by submission.
Notes: Dunkerton and Zhang don't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.

Jay Bradley & Josh Woods vs Chris Adonis & James Storm D+
In a decent pre-show match, Chris Adonis and James Storm defeated Jay Bradley and Josh Woods in 8:33 when Chris Adonis defeated Josh Woods by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs Flip Gordon vs Mr 450 D
In a decent pre-show match, Flip Gordon defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr and Mr 450 in 6:45 when Flip Gordon defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by submission.

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme D
In a decent pre-show match, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill in 9:04 when Jay-TG defeated Matt Cage by pinfall with a G-9.

Curry Man vs Ryan Nova vs Ruby Raze vs Hikaru Shida D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Curry Man defeated Ryan Nova, Ruby Raze and Hikaru Shida in 8:08 when Curry Man defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with an Angel's Wings.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page makes his way to the stage and thanks the fans for OVW's first show with a thousand fans in attendance and says none of this would be possible without them. He then says Pac has requested the best competition and after her victory over Carltio in a Last Man Standing, he books Pac and Bailey for the World Title tonight. D

Amazing Red vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Amazing Red in 8:46 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death. Robbie E makes defence number 2 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.

Portly Gentlemen vs The War Kings D-
In a decent match, The War Kings defeated Portly Gentlemen in 8:28 when Crimson defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Segment: Bailey cuts a promo hyping herself up. D+

Angelico vs Barry Ryan vs Rhino vs Michael Dante D
In a decent match, Rhino defeated Angelico, Barry Ryan and Michael Dante in 11:14 when Rhino defeated Barry Ryan by pinfall with a Gore.

Segment: Pac cuts a promo on Bailey. D+

Foxxy vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Foxxy in 9:20 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 7 of her OVW American title.

Dick Justice & Joey Ryan vs Rob Van Dam & Brian Pillman Jr D
In a decent match, Rob Van Dam and Brian Pillman Jr defeated Dick Justice and Joey Ryan in 9:28 when Rob Van Dam defeated Dick Justice by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.

Segment: A hype video airs showing Jaxx and her raw power. C

Batista vs The Shard D
In an extremely short match, Dave Batista defeated The Shard in 4:13 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.

Rebecca Knox vs Jaxx(c) - OVW Women's Title C-
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rebecca Knox defeated Jaxx in 12:25 when Jaxx intentionally got counted out.

Segment: Still in the ring, Rebecca Knox cuts a promo on Jaxx. D

Trinity vs Paige Turner D
In a decent match, Trinity defeated Paige Turner in 8:30 by submission with a Bad Place.

Orlando Colon vs Carlito Colon D+
In a decent match, Carlito Colon defeated Orlando Colon in 11:16 by pinfall with a Backstabber.
Notes: Orlando Colon has debuted his Surfer gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Segment: Backstage Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks are shown hanging out. They admire their title belts. E+

Extra Talented(c) vs Aaron Stevens & Cortez - OVW Tag Team Titles D
In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Aaron Stevens and Cortez in 10:20 when Ricky Starks defeated Cortez by pinfall. Extra Talented make defence number 1 of their OVW Tag Team titles.
Notes: Stevens and Cortez have excellent chemistry when teaming together.

Segment: After the match, Aaron Stevens attacks Cortez, frustrated from the loss. E-

Bailey vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C+
In a bout that had superb wrestling and great heat, Bailey drew with Pac in 13:33 when Chris Adonis came in and beat down both Bailey and Pac.

Overall Rating - C

Post Show Notes
We sold out the 1000 seat venue. We had to turn people away at the door.
Popularity increased in all 18 broadcast regions.
Chris Adonis and Rebecca Know were complimented on good performances. Both seemed pleased.
RVD was given a hug. He seemed pleased.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 11:56 PM
December

OVW News
I signed Jack Gallagher to a contract. Dude is a personal favorite of mine. Just waiting for that no compete clause to finish up.

Major Title Changes
Gable & Benjamin defeated AOP to win the Smackdown Tag Team Titles at Clash of Champions.
Dezmond Xavier & El Hijo del Fantasma defeated the OGz to win the Impact Tag Team Titles.
Golden Lovers won the NJPW World Tag League Tournament

World News
Impact have started to hand out written contracts to their higher level talent. They also poached some talent from smaller US feds. They took Christina Von Eerie from me but companies like PWG and CZW suffered worse.
Lars Sullivan and Adrian Jaoude were called up from NXT.
WWE chose to release Andrade. He promptly signed with both NOAH and ZERO1.
Sin Cara and Goldust were also let go by WWE.
ROH let Bully Ray go.
Jushin Liger finally called it quits.
EC3 herniated a disc, putting him on the shelf for a year.
After being released from NXT a few months back, Marina Shafir has gone back to MMA.
Zelina Vega gave birth.
Akebono opened his own wrestling school, Akebono Training School
Virus, of CMLL fame, also opened a school, The House of Virus, which is a stellar name.
Great Muta, Jushin Liger, and Bob Sapp were all elected to the Hall of Immortals.

Year End Awards
Wrestler of the Year - Kenny Omega
Company of the Year - NJPW
Team of the Year - Golden Lovers
Match of the Year - Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito
Show of the Year - Wrestle Kingdom 13
Young Wrestler of the Year - Dragon Lee 2
Veteran Wrestler of the Year - Hiroshi Tanahashi
Female Wrestler of the Year - Meiko Satomura
Most Improved Company - Impact
Independent Wrestler of the Year - Stu Bennett
Manager of the Year - Paul Heyman
Announcer of the Year - Shinpei Nogami
Color Commentator of the Year - Arturo Rivera
Referee of the Year - John Cone

Yaz
02-05-2019, 05:17 PM
So I took a few days off since I was pumping out the shows faster than I had anticipated, but I am ready to get back to it. I'm open to suggestions from things you guys may want to see or how you think I can improve the reader experience. Hopefully you guys stick around for year two.

Year Two Goals

Finally turn a profit
Reach Regional Status
Gain a TV Deal
Women's Division Fully Ready
Trim Roster Fat

Yaz
02-05-2019, 08:54 PM
OVW Presents: Surviving The Steel 2020
Live from Kent, Ohio.

Backstage Incidents
Cassidy and Laura James are on maternity leave.

Pre Show

Blaster McMassive vs Cortez E+
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Cortez defeated Blaster McMassive in 7:16 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper.
Notes: Blaster has debuted his Power and Paint gimmick, rated as Awful.

Portly Gentlemen vs Pieces of Hate D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Portly Gentlemen defeated The Pieces of Hate in 7:09 when Fallah Bahh defeated The Shard by pinfall.

Afa Anoa'i Jr. & Miranda Salinas vs Cody Hall & Gabby Ortiz E+
In a poor pre-show match, Afa Anoa'i Jr and Miranda Salinas defeated Cody Hall and Gabby Ortiz in 7:33 when Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Cody Hall by pinfall with a People's Headbutt.
Notes: Salinas has debuted her Young Lion gimmick, rated as Below Average. Hall has debuted his Bully gimmick, rated as Average.

Dick Justice & Josh Woods vs Team Overkill D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Team Overkill defeated Dick Justice and Josh Woods in 7:27 when Christian Rose defeated Josh Woods by submission.

Princessa Sugehit vs Makoto vs Hikaru Shida vs Kris Wolf D-
In a poor pre-show match, Kris Wolf defeated Makoto, Hikaru Shida and Princesa Sugehit in 9:47 when Kris Wolf defeated Princesa Sugehit by pinfall.

Foxxy vs Ruby Raze vs Zeda Zhang D-
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Ruby Raze and Zeda Zhang in 6:44 when Foxxy defeated Zeda Zhang by pinfall with a Foxxy Buster.

Main Show

Flip Gordon vs Brian Pillman Jr D-
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Flip Gordon defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 7:51 by submission.

Segment: Bailey is shown backstage. She is punching a heavy bag but stops to hug it part way through. C-

Curry Man vs Sugar Dunkerton vs Rob Van Dam D+
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Curry Man and Sugar Dunkerton in 11:03 when Rob Van Dam defeated Curry Man by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
Notes: Daniels (Curry Man) requested to take the fall here to protect Dunkerton. Nice fella.

Extra Talented(c) vs The War Kings - OVW Tag Team Titles D
In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated The War Kings in 12:25 when Aaron Solo defeated Jax Dane by submission. Extra Talented make defence number 2 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Segment: Christy Hemme interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis, who mostly just stands around and shows off his muscles, and puts down Pac and Bailey. He says tonight, they can't hope to win, only survive. D

Segment: A video package airs hyping the debut later tonight of La Sombra. D+

Angelico vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D+
In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Angelico in 10:42 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 8 of her OVW American title.

Segment: Batista cuts a promo hyping himself up. He says he got his start in OVW all those years ago and he will bring his career full circle when he wins the OVW World Heavyweight Title in the near future. B+

Rebecca Knox & Trinity vs Jaxx & Paige Turner D+
In a decent match, Jaxx and Paige Turner defeated Rebecca Knox and Trinity in 9:01 when Jaxx defeated Trinity by pinfall.

Segment: After the match, Trinity, Rebecca Knox, Jaxx, and Paige Turner won't stop fighting, despite the attempts by security to break them up. It's an all out brawl to the back with no regard for prior partnerships. D

Jay Bradley vs Rhino D+
In a decent match, Rhino defeated Jay Bradley in 8:34 by pinfall with a Rhino Driver.

Orlando Colon vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D+
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Orlando Colon in 12:26 by pinfall with a Boom Drop following interference from Carlito Colon. Robbie E makes defence number 3 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.

Segment: Pac cuts a promo hyping himself up. He says that pro wrestling is a world of giants, but gravity has a tendency of making them fall hard. C

Amazing Red vs La Sombra C-
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, La Sombra defeated Amazing Red in 7:25 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
Notes: La Sombra has debuted his Cocky Masked Luchadore gimmick, rated as Great.

Joey Ryan vs Michael Dante D-
In a decent match, Michael Dante defeated Joey Ryan in 8:20 by submission.

Segment: James Storm says he traveled the world and was disgusted with what he saw, and now that he is back in OVW, he will show the world what a true man is. C-

Shad Gaspard vs Batista D
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dave Batista defeated Shad Gaspard in 6:54 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb. During the match Jay-TG kept trying to distract Batista.
Notes: Both Shad and Batista seemed off their game.

Barry Ryan, Mr 450, Ryan Nova vs Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon, James Storm D+
In a decent match, Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon and James Storm defeated Barry Ryan, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova in 9:38 when James Storm defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Last Call.

Segment: A video airs hyping the upcoming steel cage title match between Pac, Bailey, and Chris Adonis. D

Bailey vs Chris Adonis vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C+
In a bout that had superb wrestling and great heat, Chris Adonis defeated Bailey and Pac in 14:33 when Chris Adonis defeated Pac by submission with an Adonis Lock. Chris Adonis wins the OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C+

Overall Notes
1110 of 1143 tickets were sold.
Popularity increased in all of US and Canada, 18 regions.
Curry Man was pointed at as a good example. He seemed pleased.
Adonis & La Sombra were complimented on good performances. Both seemed pleased.

Yaz
03-06-2019, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snW-5AHxYTA

Spidey
03-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Real talk, good job getting that B+ segment and a rock solid grade.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy seeing Bayley get the shots you're giving her too. You really know how to mix things up.

Yaz
03-21-2019, 12:28 AM
January 2020

OVW News
Cody Hall and Eddie Colon were signed to PPA deals.

Major Title Changes
Seth Rollins won the Royal Rumble
Killian Dain won the IC Title from Fandango
Ronda Rousey defeated Nikki Cross for the Smackdown Women's Title
Alisha Edwards defeated Tessa Blanchard for the Impact Women's Title

World News
AJPW Rose to Cult size
Oney Lorcan and Kyle O'Reilly were called up to the main roster
Liv Morgan and Tyler Bate broke up
El Texano Jr herniated a disc and is out for at least 14 months

Yaz
04-01-2019, 10:51 PM

OVW Presents: Retribution 2020
Live from Evansville, Indiana

Pre-Show

Princesa Sugehit and Makoto vs Gabby Ortiz and Zeda Zhang E+
In a poor pre-show match, Princesa Sugehit and Makoto defeated Gabby Ortiz and Zeda Zhang in 7:40 when Princesa Sugehit defeated Zeda Zhang by pinfall with a Frankensteiner.

Cody Hall vs Blaster McMassive E-
In a terrible pre-show match, Cody Hall defeated Blaster McMassive in 5:46 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge.

Team Overkill vs The Pieces of Hate E+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Pieces of Hate defeated Team Overkill in 8:12 when Jigsaw defeated Matt Cage by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Jay Bradley vs Jax Dane D-
In a decent pre-show match, Jay Bradley defeated Jax Dane in 5:44 by pinfall with a Boomstick.

Foxxy vs Kris Wolf E+
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Kris Wolf in 7:40 by pinfall with a Watch Yo' Face.

Flip Gordon, Angelico and Barry Ryan vs Brian Pillman Jr, Cortez and Crimson D
In a decent pre-show match, Flip Gordon, Angelico and Barry Ryan defeated Brian Pillman Jr, Cortez and Crimson in 12:09 when Barry Ryan defeated Cortez by pinfall with a Cobra Clutch Slam.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme opens the show in the ring and interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis, who stands around posing with his World Title. Prichard puts down Pac, calling him a little man in a land of giants. D

Segment: Bailey is backstage when Rebecca Knox comes up and tells her she is proud of her despite failing in her attempt to win the World Title. She asks if Bailey would be willing to tag with her tonight. Bailey responds that she is ready to kick a little lass. C-

Sugar Dunkerton vs Amazing Red E+
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Amazing Red in 7:22 by submission.
Notes: Stevie Richards came down in the middle of the match to cheer on Dunkerton.

Joey Ryan vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
In a decent match, Joey Ryan defeated Taya Valkyrie in 10:45 when Taya Valkyrie tried to be intentionally disqualified by kicking Ryan low. Ryan shrugged off the blow and the referee continued the match. Ryan rolled Taya up in the commotion. Joey Ryan wins the OVW American title.

Segment: Post match, Joey celebrated by hanging the title in his tights. Taya walked out disgusted. E+

Portly Gentlemen vs Cryme Tyme D
In a decent match, Cryme Tyme defeated Portly Gentlemen in 7:36 when Shad Gaspard defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a G-9.

Segment: A video package airs showing Trinity's dancing skills and her early career as a hip hop backup dancer and cheer girl for the Orlando Magic. C+

Curry Man vs Ryan Nova vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
In a decent match, Curry Man defeated Ryan Nova and Robbie E in 11:11 when Curry Man defeated Ryan Nova by pinfall with a Last Rites. Curry Man wins the OVW Cruiserweight title.

Segment: Batista is backstage with Christy Hemme, talking about his match later tonight. Aaron Stevens jumps his from behind, but Batista ends up beating him up instead. C+

Extra Talented(c) vs James Storm and Rhino - OVW Tag Team Titles D+
In a decent match, Rhino and James Storm defeated Extra Talented in 9:56 when Rhino defeated Ricky Starks by pinfall with a Rhino Driver. Rhino and James Storm win the OVW Tag Team titles.

Segment: After the match Extra Talented try to shake hands with Storm and Rhino, but the newly crowned champs refuse. D-

Eddie Colon, Orlando Colon and Mr 450 vs Carlito Colon, La Sombra and Rob Van Dam C-
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Carlito Colon, La Sombra and Rob Van Dam defeated Mr 450 and The Colons in 13:23 when La Sombra defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
Notes: Eddie Colon debuted his Old School Face gimmick, rated as Great.

Segment: The debuting Jack Gallagher is backstage with Dick Justice, showing him the gentlemanly way of eating a doughnut. Justice doesn't get it, and The Gentleman has a match soon. D-
Notes: Gallagher has debuted his Gentleman gimmick, rated as Great.

Jack Gallagher vs Michael Dante C-
In a decent match, Jack Gallagher defeated Michael Dante in 9:03 by pinfall.

Batista vs Aaron Stevens C-
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Dave Batista defeated Aaron Stevens in 5:58 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.

Segment: Jaxx cuts a promo, saying no woman in OVW can best her. E+

Hikaru Shida vs Jaxx(c) - OVW Women's Title D
In a decent match, Jaxx defeated Hikaru Shida in 7:09 by pinfall. Jaxx makes defence number 3 of her OVW Women's title.

Segment: DDP is doing some paperwork when La Sombra comes into his office. He says he is the most talented man in this company and deserves more than aging veterans as tag partners, or kids fresh from wrestling school as opponents. He demands more, and DDP seems to agree. C-

Bailey and Rebecca Knox vs. Paige Turner and Ruby Raze C-
In a decent match, Bailey and Rebecca Knox defeated Paige Turner and Ruby Raze in 10:08 when Bailey defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with a Bailey-to-Belly Suplex.

Pac vs Chris Adonis(c) - OVW World Title C+
In a superb match, Pac drew with Chris Adonis in 12:27 when both competitors were attacked by Dave Batista. He ran in, beat the, both down, and posed with the title to end the show.

Overall Rating - C

Notes
The shows was a sellout with 1,200 tickets sold.
Popularity increased in all 18 regions across the US and Canada.
Pac, Batista, and La Sombra were all complimented on good performances and all seemed pleased.

Yaz
05-21-2019, 03:58 AM
February 2020

OVW News
WE GOT A TV DEAL!
It isn't anything special, but ESPN thinks I am doing okay numbers with the on demand events so they gave me six months in the Graveyard slot to air a weekly show. OVW Breakdown will come soon (along with a full roster breakdown for all four readers.)

Major Title Changes
Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Tanga Loa to win the New Japan Cup

World News
Wrestle-1 declared bankruptcy and closed their doors.
Shuji Konda took over the role of head booker for Big Japan Pro Wrestling following the closure of Wrestle-1.
Asuka, Lana, and Dana Brooke were all let go by WWE. Asuka immediately went back to Japan under her old ring name, Kana, and is touring with Ice Ribbon.
Minoru Suzuki of RPW-UK went online and posted several negative social media comments about WALTER.
Scott Hall gave an interview with a local news station and said his friendship with Sean Waltman fell apart. (Probably because, as evidenced in Spidey's game, Hall is a knob.)
Ember Moon divorced her husband, independent wrestler Matthew Palmer. (IRL they had a joint GoT/Harry Potter themed wedding so it was doomed to fail)
Dean Ambrose and Renee Young also called their marriage off. Both are still employed by WWE.
Madison Eagles got into a shouting match with Raven (yes that Raven) who now works as a manager in Pro-Wrestling: EVE. Both gave interviews confirming they have differences.
Okada got into a shoving match with NJPW referee Hiroyuki Unno.
Laura James finally gave birth to her and Joey Ryan's son. The son came out with a full mustache.
Marina Shafir turned down a WWE contract offer to take another MMA fight.
Masato Tanaka was inducted into the game's Hall of Immortals.

Yaz
05-21-2019, 05:48 AM
Now that I'll have a weekly TV show, the format will change a little. I will likely have it look more like Spidey's, just because I think his is easier on the eyes and flows better. It won't be a direct ripoff, but if his LP is Armageddon, mine is Deep Impact (which was the superior film.)

Those who follow the LP so far have probably noticed some semblance of story lines here and there. There will be a bit of an uptick in the amount of story line segments as opposed to just random "Oh hey, Wrestler X is in the locker room" stuff. Will there be men in rubber suits taking spears? Probably, that shit was funny.

In game I am currently on the morning of my first show, and we already ran into an issue. Joey Ryan was my American Champion, but had Lucha Underground as a higher priority, so he took potential bookings from them over me. He was my American Champion. With his taping schedule, he would miss the majority of our TV shows, so I stripped him of the title. He got a little upset, so I had to let him go. I also had to let his wife, Laura James, go as well because she was rightfully upset. Because I'm not a monster, I sent her off with a 5k bonus since she just popped that baby out and is still unable to wrestle for ten weeks. At least we will get a fun vacant title announcement. I also chose to release PAC and Taya Valkyrie due to their commitment to LU over me and Hikaru Shida due to her preference to tour with Ice Ribbon. Now that we are on TV, I want to make sure the OVW becomes a bigger priority for my roster. The four would be missing a lot of TV shows, and I can't have that. I don't mind outside booking, but I need to make sure the talent I hire is available for my TV schedule. I feel bad, but it needed to be done.

Going into my first show, here is my roster, sorted by push. It isn't the full roster, as there are a couple of surprises in store.

Main Event
Bailey
Carlito Colon
Chris Adonis (Chris Masters)
Dave Batista
Jack Gallagher
James Storm
Jaxx (Nia Jax)
La Sombra (Andrade)
Rebecca Knox (Becky Lynch)
RVD
Trinity (Naomi)

Upper Midcard
Aaron Solo
Aaron Stevens (Damien Sandow)
Eddie Colon (Primo)
Foxxy (Alicia Fox)
Jay Bradley (Aiden O'Shea in TNA/Ryan Braddock in WWE)
Orlando Colon (Epico)
Rhino
Robbie E

Midcard
Afa Anoa'i Jr (Manu of WWE fame)
Amazing Red
Angelico
Barry Ryan (Mason Ryan)
Crimson
Curry Man
Dick Justice
Fallah Bahh
Jax Dane
Jay-TG
Kris Wolf
Michael Dante
Paige Turner
Ricky Starks
Ruby Raze
Ryan Nova
Shad Gaspard
Sugar Dunkerton

Lower Midcard
Brian Pillman Jr
Christian Rose
Cortez
Flip Gordon
Gabby Ortiz
Jervis Cottonbelly
Jigsaw
Josh Woods
Matt Cage
Mr 450
Princessa Sugehit
The Shard

Openers
Blaster McMassive
Cody Hall
Makoto
Miranda Salinas
Zeda Zhang

DDP serves as the on air authority figure. Former authority figure Christy Hemme serves as backstage interviewer and hosts the talk show "Impact Exposure." Bruce Prichard manages Chris Adonis. Stevie Richards works as an agent and also manages Sugar Dunkerton. My self insert owner works as play by play announcer, while Gregory Helms does color commentary in character as The Hurricane. Former Impact referee Brian Stiffler is my head official. My other full time official is Justin King, who was the token black ref in WWE at one time and has also worked for Impact. Mike Bucci, better known as Nova in ECW and Simon Dean in WWE, serves as my head agent. Truly, I need to hire Blue Meanie so bWo can run wild all over my product.

Current Champions
OVW World Heavyweight - Chris Adonis
OVW Tag Team - James Storm and Rhino
OVW Women's - Jaxx
OVW Cruiserweight - Curry Man
OVW American - Vacant

Yaz
05-23-2019, 05:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN8b4ZJK_5c

OVW Breakdown #1
Live from the Iowa Field House in Iowa City, Iowa.
Attendance: 1500(SELL OUT!)

Pre-Show Dark Matches

Flip Gordon vs Cody Hall
In a poor pre-show match, Flip Gordon defeated Cody Hall in 7:23 by pinfall with a 450 splash.
D-

Extra Talented vs Cryme Tyme
In a decent pre-show match, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 8:53 when Aaron Solo defeated Jay-TG by pinfall with a cradle DDT.
D+

Amazing Red vs La Sombra
In a pre-show bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, La Sombra defeated Amazing Red in 6:47 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
C-

Trinity vs Gabby Ortiz
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Trinity defeated Gabby Ortiz in 5:39 by pinfall with a Split-Legged Moonsault.
D-

Mr 450 vs RVD
In a pre-show bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Mr 450 in 6:49 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
D+

Foxxy vs Rebecca Knox vs Kris Wolf
In a decent pre-show match, Rebecca Knox defeated Foxxy and Kris Wolf in 8:44 when Rebecca Knox defeated Foxxy by pinfall with a Hard Knox.
D

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
Diamond Dallas Page opens the shows in the ring and welcomes us to the first ever OVW Breakdown. DDP says he has been part of some big moments in pro wrestling history, and he is glad to be here for another. DDP then introduces the audience to a name he says is no stranger to OVW. Batista comes out and says its been a long time, but he is happy to be back on OVW TV. He says when he came back to OVW, he had one goal in mind. The OVW World Title. Bruce Prichard comes out with Chris Adonis and says his client is the current champ and deserves respect. Prichard and Batista go back and forth until DDP makes the match official for the near future. Adonis stands around flexing and living up to his name.
C

Bailey vs Ruby Raze
In an extremely short match, Bailey defeated Ruby Raze in 5:14 by pinfall with a Bailey-to-Belly.
C-

Impact Exposure
Christy Hemme hosts her talk show in the ring, with her guest Jaxx. Hemme asks how it feels to be women's champion and not be featured in a match on the inaugural episode of OVW Breakdown. Jaxx asks Hemme how it feels having to ask stupid questions as a TV interviewer after her musical career failed. Jaxx knocks the mic out of Hemme's hand and says she is the champion, so she is the best woman in OVW and she fights when the money is right and sure as hell doesn't fight in front of a bunch of ill educated corn farmers...or whatever it is they grow in Iowa.
D

Barry Ryan vs James Storm
In a decent match, James Storm defeated Barry Ryan in 6:38 by pinfall with an Eye of the Storm. During the match we also had Rhino distract Ryan.
D

Robbie E vs Curry Man(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Championship
In a decent match, Curry Man defeated Robbie E in 9:45 by pinfall with a Spicy Drop. Curry Man makes defence number 1 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.
D+

Segment: Backstage
Diamond Dallas Page is in his office and announces that next week, there will be a battle royal to determine the new American Champion after the title was recently vacated.
C-

Dave Batista and Jay Bradley vs Chris Adonis and Aaron Stevens
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dave Batista and Jay Bradley defeated Chris Adonis and Aaron Stevens in 11:43 when Dave Batista defeated Aaron Stevens by pinfall with a Batista Bomb. Towards the end of the match, Adonis abandoned Stevens, effectively making it a handicap match.
D+

Post Show Dark Match

Jack Gallagher vs Carlito Colon
In a post-show bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Jack Gallagher defeated Carlito Colon in 9:52 by submission to send the crowd home happy.
E+

Final Rating: D+

Notes:

Rebecca Knox carried her match in terms of skill.
Foxxy seemed off her game.
DDP was superb working without a script, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand the entire time.
Batista struggled without a script, but his intensity and character work were fantastic.
Bruce Prichard was very underwhelming.
James Storm was really off his game.
Jay Bradley was the weak link in his match, struggling to keep up skill wise.
Bruce Prichard did good work at ringside.
After the show, Batista approached me and said Amazing Red wasn't connecting with fans and I should consider letting him go.

Yaz
05-27-2019, 04:45 AM

OVW Breakdown #2
Live from Valley Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Attendance: 1,563

Backstage Incidents!
Aaron Stevens did impressions of famous wrestlers and put the locker room in a good mood.
Jack Gallagher organized and then won a video game tournament. The morale of the locker room was lifted.

Pre-Show Dark Matches

Afa Anoa'i Jr w/Trinity vs Cortez
In a decent pre-show match, Cortez defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 7:03 by pinfall with a Superkick.
D

Foxxy and Makoto vs Gabby Ortiz and Zeda Zhang
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy and Makoto defeated Gabby Ortiz and Zeda Zhang in 8:13 when Makoto defeated Zeda Zhang by pinfall with a Bridging Double Underhook Suplex.
E+

Segment: In Ring
Bailey comes to the ring and shoots a t-shirt gun a few times.
C-

Portly Gentlemen w/Stevie Richards vs War Kings
In a decent pre-show match, The War Kings defeated Portly Gentlemen in 8:15 when Crimson defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
D-

Flip Gordon vs Ryan Nova
In a decent pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated Flip Gordon in 8:37 by submission.
D-

Team Overkill vs James Storm and Rhino - Non Title
In a decent pre-show match, James Storm and Rhino defeated Team Overkill in 10:28 when James Storm defeated Matt Cage by pinfall with an Eye of the Storm.
D

OVW Breakdown

Opening: Parking Lot
Batista rolls up in a brand new Cadillac Escalade and gets out and adjusts his sunglasses, despite it being well past sunset. He goes to the back to get his bag and Chris Adonis runs up behind him and assaults him with the World Title. Adonis beats Batista through the entire parking lot with various weapons for about five minutes until security run in a break it up. Bruce Prichard is laughing just off screen the entire time.
B-

20 Man Battle Royal - OVW American Title
In a decent match, La Sombra won a Battle Royal in 17:13. The other members of the 'final four' were Barry Ryan, Carlito Colon and Jay Bradley, with Barry Ryan being the final elimination. La Sombra got the most eliminations over the course of the match. La Sombra wins the OVW American title.
D+

Rebecca Knox vs Ruby Raze
In a decent match, Rebecca Knox defeated Ruby Raze in 5:42 by pinfall with a Release Exploder Suplex.
D

Post Match
Jaxx runs out and attacks Knox post match. The two brawl all over the ringside area despite the best efforts of security.
D+

Hype Video
A video hyping RVD airs. He is mostly doing Five Star Frog Splashes and kicking chairs at people.
C

Jack Gallagher vs Aaron Stevens
In a good match, Jack Gallagher defeated Aaron Stevens in 10:17 by submission with a crossface chickenwing.
C-

Angelico vs RVD
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Angelico in 7:56 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.
D+

Segment: Parking Lot
Cameras catch up to DDP as he is waiting on his car. He is talking on the phone. "I can't wait to have you here. This is a great step toward making OVW fearless. He hangs up as he gets inside his car and the announcers speculate who he could have been talking to.
C-

Final Rating: C-

Notes:

Anoa'i Jr and Trinity have excellent chemistry together.
Anoa'i Jr and Cortez have great chemistry and it showed in their performance.
Richards did good work at ringside.
Bahh and Cottonbelly showed excellent chemistry teaming together.
Gordon and Nova have great chemistry and it showed in their performance.
Angelico and RVD have pretty good chemistry and it lifted the match.

Yaz
06-22-2019, 08:18 PM

OVW Breakdown #3
Live from First Merchant's Field in Muncie, Indiana
Attendance: 1,658

Pre-Show Dark Matches

Foxxy vs Ruby Raze
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Ruby Raze in 7:35 by pinfall with a Watch Yo' Face.
E+

Fallah Bahh vs Cody Hall
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Fallah Bahh defeated Cody Hall in 5:57 by submission when he sat on Hall's back and refused to get up.
E+

Backstage:
Bailey is shown backstage flirting with Aaron Solo after he gives his fiance flowers.
D+

Team Overkill vs Pieces of Hate
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Team Overkill defeated The Pieces of Hate in 9:55 when Christian Rose defeated The Shard by pinfall.
E+

Amazing Red vs Brian Pillman Jr vs Michael Dante
In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Amazing Red defeated Brian Pillman Jr and Michael Dante in 8:45 when Amazing Red defeated Brian Pillman Jr by pinfall with a Code Red.
E+

Bailey vs RVD
In a pre-show bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Bailey in 12:26 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
C-

OVW Breakdown

Backstage:
James Storm and Rhino are backstage, making sure they have their tag team titles on display. They appear to be about a case deep and talk about how there has been no mention of them as champions yet, so they will make people know they are champions by force. Storm finishes off a can and crushes it on Rhino's head and tosses it at the camera.
C-

Trinity vs Kris Wolf
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Trinity defeated Kris Wolf in 6:35 by submission with a Bad Place.
D-

Extra Talented vs The War Kings
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Extra Talented drew with The War Kings in 5:37 when the match descended into chaos after James Storm and Rhino became involved.
E+

Backstage:
Aaron Stevens is in catering and is drinking from a champagne glass. He explains to an uninterested tech how its only actually champagne if it comes from the Champagne region of France, or else its just sparkling wine.
C-

Robbie E vs Ryan Nova
In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Ryan Nova in 6:03 by pinfall with a handful of tights.
D-

Segment: Impact Exposure
Christy Hemme brings out her guests, Bruce Prichard and OVW World Champion Chris Adonis. Prichard says Adonis beat Batista so bad last week that he couldn't show up this week. Hemme asks Adonis if he is afraid of Batista taking his title, and Adonis says they these guns don't run as he poses.
D

La Sombra(c) vs Mr. 450 - OVW American Title
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, La Sombra defeated Mr 450 in 9:15 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver. La Sombra makes defence number 1 of his OVW American title.
C

Jaxx(c) vs Rebecca Knox - OVW Women's Title
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Jaxx defeated Rebecca Knox in 10:26 by pinfall after a distraction from a masked woman. Jaxx makes defence number 4 of her OVW Women's title.
C-

Post Match
The masked woman gets into the ring and attacks Knox. She then pulls off the mask and reveals herself to be
Nikki Bella!
She poses over the beaten Knox to end the show.
C-

Notes:

Foxxy and Raze had good chemistry together.
Jigsaw seemed off his game.
Bailey and RVD don't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout (and still far and away the best pre-show match).
Trinity and Wolf don't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.
Ryan Nova seemed off his game.

Yaz
06-22-2019, 08:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xD4hIOi.png

REGIONAL BABY!

I also posted a TV rating of .02 which is still fucking terrible but its growth.

Spidey
06-22-2019, 10:46 PM
Well done my guy, and I am not disappointed at that surprise future HOFer.

Ever put guys together you thought would work well because irl they did? Just to be surprised at the bad chemistry? Happened to me with MNM and the Styles vs Low Ki. From what I've read online it's a random factor but still interesting.

Yaz
06-22-2019, 11:38 PM
Dick Justice and Jervis Cottonbelly. They have had a couple matches IRL and while they are comedy matches, they were fun.

In my WWE trial run to relearn the game, I had AJ and Cena wrestle and they had no chemistry.

Not the same thing, but I was very surprised that Bruce Prichard had no chemistry managing Barry Ryan since he has great chemistry managing Chris Adonis. Both are basic muscle heads.

Non real life pairing had to be on the recent show, Bailey and RVD having no chemistry. Weird one considering they are two of my better in ring workers.

Yaz
07-21-2019, 08:33 AM

OVW Presents: War is Necessary 2020
Live from Sullivan Athletic Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Attendance: 3,000 (SELL OUT!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58RSC7HO9aU

Backstage Incidents!
I gave a motivational speech and it fired up the locker room.
Jay Bradley was antagonizing Bruce Prichard so much that a fight almost broke out and the two had to be pulled apart. I gave Bradley a slap on the wrist, but in angered Prichard, who called the decision soft.

Pre-Show Dark Matches

Amazing Red vs Jigsaw
In a poor pre-show match, Amazing Red defeated Jigsaw in 7:36 by pinfall with a Code Red.
D

Miranda Salinas vs Zeda Zhang
In a terrible pre-show match, Zeda Zhang defeated Miranda Salinas in 6:14 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.
E+

Jervis Cottonbelly vs The Shard
In a terrible pre-show match, Jervis Cottonbelly defeated The Shard in 5:28 by submission with a Downton Lock in a comedy match.
E-

Jay Bradley vs Brian Pillman Jr.
In a poor pre-show match, Brian Pillman Jr defeated Jay Bradley in 6:41 by pinfall.
E+

Curry Man vs Cody Hall
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Curry Man defeated Cody Hall in 8:14 by pinfall with an Angel's Wings.
E+

Trinity, Princesa Sugehit, and Makoto vs Gabby Ortiz, Kris Wolf, and Ruby Raze
In a poor pre-show match, Trinity, Princesa Sugehit and Makoto defeated Gabby Ortiz, Kris Wolf and Ruby Raze in 9:57 when Trinity defeated Kris Wolf by submission with a Bad Place.
D-

OVW War Is Necessary 2020

Opening:
Dave Batista comes on stage, with an impressive pyro display. He says tonight is a big night for OVW, because its the night that he beats Chris Adonis' ass and walks out OVW World Heavyweight Champion. He says it doesn't matter who tries to help, be it Bruce Prichard or any of the other guys Adonis keeps around to cover his shortcomings, because Batista is walking out with the gold around his waist.
C+

Extra Talented vs The War Kings
In a poor match, Extra Talented defeated The War Kings in 10:39 when Ricky Starks defeated Jax Dane by pinfall.
D

Backstage:
Backstage James Storm and Rhino are shown watching the results of the last match. They say it doesn't matter who won, because no teams in OVW can touch the two of them.
C-

Video Package:
A video airs showing Rob Van Dam. He does some frog splashes, some Van Whatevers, comments how no one gets higher than him.
C

Angelico vs RVD
In a decent match, Rob Van Dam defeated Angelico in 13:49 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
D+

Impact Exposure:
Nikki is interviewed by Christy Hemme about her upcoming match with Rebecca Knox. Nikki is fearless, that's why she made women's wrestling in America mean more than pudding matches and big fake tits. Hemme points out the irony, so Nikki says Hemme was ugly in Playboy.
D+

The Colons vs Storm & Rhino(c) - OVW Tag Team Championship
In a decent match, The Colons defeated Storm & Rhino in 11:46 when Rhino intentionally got disqualified while fighting Eddie Colon.
C

Rebecca Knox vs Nikki
In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Nikki defeated Rebecca Knox in 15:17 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.
C+

Post Match:
After the match, Nikki runs away before Rebecca Knox can get her hands on her.
C

GM Office:
Diamond Dallas Page announces that he has signed Mascara Dorada (Gran Metalik) to a contract. Dorada stands next to him and nods his head. He announces that there will be a battle royal next to determine the number one contender for the OVW American Title.
D-

Still the GM Office:
La Sombra storms into the office and wants to know when DDP is going to give him real competition, not just random curtain jerkers winning meaningless matches. Page says he needs to cool it before he gets the night off, unpaid. La Sombra isn't happy and points at Dorada and challenges him to prove he is better than any random jerkoff off the street. He will even put the title on the line. Dorada accepts so DDP makes the match for tonight.
D

Battle Royal
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Jack Gallagher won a Battle Royal in 13:30. The other members of the 'final four' were Carlito Colon, Fallah Bahh and Aaron Stevens, with Carlito Colon being the final elimination. Carlito Colon got the most eliminations over the course of the match.
D+

Mascara Dorada vs La Sombra(c) - OVW American Title
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, La Sombra defeated Mascara Dorada in 17:17 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver. La Sombra makes defense number 2 of his OVW American title.
C+

Parking Lot:
A video is shown from before the show, where Bailey was hanging out and signing autographs and snapping pics with fans. Everyone is having a good time, until Paige Turner comes in to say everyone is being too loud. She says Bailey is just an overgrown child who doesn't have the respect of the fans. Bailey says she proven her worth and has an eye on the winner of the Women's Title match later. Turner says it doesn't matter what happens, because in the end Bailey won't be anything more than flashy colors and sounds. Bailey goes to respond, but Turner puts her finger to her mouth and shushes her loudly.
D+

Foxxy vs Jaxx(c) - OVW Women's Title
In a decent match, Jaxx defeated Foxxy in 7:54 by submission when she butt dropped Foxxy over and over until she tapped. Jaxx makes defense number 5 of her OVW Women's title.
D-

Dave Batista vs Chris Adonis(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dave Batista defeated Chris Adonis in 11:41 by disqualification after Bruce Prichard attacked Batista after he hit Adonis with a Batista Bomb.
D+

Post Match:
After the match, Batista is pissed off. PISSED OFF!. He throws Prichard over the barricade. He throws the ref out of the ring and over the announcer's table. He attacks Adonis with a chair up the ramp. The shows goes off the air when Batista hits a Batista Bomb off the stage and the power cuts out.
A+

Final Rating: D

Notes:
Fans were annoyed with the amount of non wrestling they had to sit through.
Popularity increased in all 18 available regions.
The Shard struggled due to mediocre comedy skills.
Curry Man and Cody Hall don't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.
Angelico and RVD have pretty good chemistry and it lifted the match.
Batista was fantastic all night.
Nikki worked the crowd well, enjoying her freedom to go off script.
Christy Hemme struggled slightly because other people weren't following a script.
Eddie and Orlando Colon have great chemistry when teaming together.
Knox and Nikki had great chemistry and it showed in their performance.
Mascara Dorada debuted his Luchadore(Wholesome) gimmick. It was rated as above average.
Dorada was visibly tiring toward the end of his match.
Batista was praised for a great performance. He seemed pleased.
Paige Turner was complimented for a good performance (she showed a lot of improvement in her segment.) She seemed pleased.
La Sombra was complimented for a good performance. He seemed pleased.

Not an official note, but that final segment with Batista was my first ever A+ anything in this game and I've been playing it since 2007. Fucking stoked.

Spidey
07-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Shit man I'm happy for you. We know how difficult this game is to pull that A out, let alone an A+. Hats off to ya.

Yaz
07-21-2019, 07:38 PM
My biggest surprise was Batista requested to work without a script as soon as he got here and more than once it went over horribly. For this show I was going to give him a script and he got mad. I reluctantly let him go without one and it worked to perfection, literally. The last segment was so good, that I even got the note "this segment deserved better commentary" and it still got an A+. I'm honestly pretty proud of my booking for the WHC feud. I know Batista is responsible for it having a B rating in heat right now, but giving Adonis a mouth piece, especially one that works well with him, and having him mostly stand around and show off his muscles has been a good call. Like twelve years of the game and six years on WZCW creative finally taught me to book a proper feud. I'm sure everyone knows where the feud is headed, but I'm still happy with it.

Yaz
07-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Some quick post show notes.

I let Jay Bradley go. He was a decent enough guy to feature in random undercard matches, but the few times I tried to put him in a position to rub shoulders with better wrestlers he just failed to hold his own. The incident with Prichard and Bradley subsequently being pissed to lose to Pillman Jr in a dark match was really the deciding factor.

Nikki Bella thinks I should let Cody Hall go because "He has no coordination and is going to hurt someone."

The show drew a .04 rating. Idk what that means because TV and PPV ratings confuse me, but its the highest I have gotten.

When I was choosing the venue, we were projected to sell about 2,700 tickets. I decided to take a risk and book a 3,000 seat venue as opposed to a 2,500 seat venue. It paid off as we packed the house.

RVD was given two weeks off due to fatigue. Ever since I booked him to lose the title to PAC way back he was been pissed off. No matter how many weeks off and bonuses I give. I'm an RVD fan and he still performs at a better than average level in game, but idk, he is just sorta there so it may be time to cut bait soon.

Prichard got a $500 bonus to improve his mood over the Bradley incident. Despite Bradley being let go he is still having morale issues.

Lucha Underground offered Jack Gallagher a contract. Fucking deep pocketed feds trying to poach my talent.

I signed Kenneth Crawford, aka Montez Ford. WWE's loss.

I also signed Syuri to help boost the heel side of the women's roster. She has mostly wrestled in Japan and speaks no English! This will be fun.

I offered Matt Silva aka Buddy Murphy a contract. He will likely sign since he has had no offers since WWE let him walk. Unfortunately he did not sign in time for the next episode of Breakdown.

I am also considering scrapping the Cruiserwight title. Robbie E was an okay champion in the pre TV dark days, but I made the mistake of putting the title on Curry Man and it feels like a joke. I could turn him back into heel Christopher Daniels, but he wanted to work as Curry Man so idk how well it goes over. Food for thought.

Yaz
07-22-2019, 02:27 AM

OVW Breakdown #4
Live from Hilliard Gates Sports Center in Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Attendance:

Backstage Incidents!
Bailey and Trinity were getting along well backstage. Their bubbly moods were infectious and put everyone in a good mood.

Pre-Show

Miranda Salinas vs Paige Turner
In a terrible pre-show match, Paige Turner defeated Miranda Salinas in 6:11 by pinfall.
E+

Portly Gentlemen w/Stevie Richards vs Pieces of Hate
In a terrible pre-show match, Portly Gentlemen defeated The Pieces of Hate in 7:20 when Fallah Bahh defeated Jigsaw by submission with his patented sit on his opponent and refuse to get up move.
E+

Afa Anoa'i w/Trinity vs Crimson
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Crimson defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 6:39 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
D

Barry Ryan vs Cortez
In a poor pre-show match, Barry Ryan defeated Cortez in 6:08 by pinfall with a Full Nelson Slam.
D

In Ring:
Extra Talented come out and interact with fans with wrestling trivia and hand out OVW merch to the winners.
D-

Angelico, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova vs Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon and La Sombra - Elimination
In a decent pre-show match, Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon and La Sombra defeated Angelico, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova in 10:52; Ryan Nova was eliminated first, then Mr 450, then Aaron Stevens, and finally Angelico.
C-

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
Bruce Prichard comes out, complete with neck brace and wheelchair. His client Chris Adonis pushes him, the WHC Title still on his shoulder. He says he has suffered great mental and physical trauma at the hands of Batista, who he demands be fired and thrown in jail for his actions. Despite this, Adonis is still OVW World Heavyweight Champion and that Batista is past his prime and failed his mission. He threatens to sue OVW to cover his extensive medical costs. DDP comes out and says that Batista has been suspended this week and faces further discipline. Adonis barks that he demands better treatment as the top man in OVW. Page says Adonis was about to lose the title when Prichard saved his ass, so he needs to thank Prichard and suggests he be the one to pay the medical bills. Prichard says he would die for his client, and he almost did. Page says they will deal with the situation more in private and invites Prichard to sit down with him after the show. Adonis does his usual poses.
D

Curry Man(c) vs Brian Pillman Jr - OVW Cruiserweight Championship
In a poor match, Curry Man defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 11:16 by pinfall with a Last Rites. Curry Man makes defense number 2 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.
D-

Hype Video:
A video airs showing Kenneth Crawford.
E+

The Colons vs Cryme Tyme
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Colons drew with Cryme Tyme in 7:45 when the match descended into chaos after James Storm and Rhino became involved.
D

Backstage:
Bailey and Trinity are practicing their dance moves. They are having fun and laughing. Trinity says they should team up tonight. Bailey agrees and asks a tech to find them some opponents during the commercial break.
C-

Bailey & Trinity vs Ruby Raze & Gabby Ortiz
In a decent match, Bailey and Trinity defeated Ruby Raze and Gabby Ortiz in 7:02 when Trinity defeated Gabby Ortiz by pinfall with a Rear View. During the match we also had Paige Turner try to distract Bailey and Trinity.
D+

Post Match:
Trinity and Bailey argue with Paige Turner after the match. Raze and Ortiz try to jump them from behind but the good gals are wise to it. Nikki rushes the ring to join the brawl, followed by Rebecca Knox. During the brawl, Jaxx comes out and watches and laughs from the stage.
D+

Jack Gallagher vs Robbie E
In a decent match, Jack Gallagher defeated Robbie E in 10:05 by submission. During the match La Sombra came out to scout Gallagher.
D+

Notes:
Miranda Salinas suffered a broken nose. The match was impacted by this.
Richards did good work at ringside.
Bahh and Cottonbelly have good chemistry when teaming.
Trinity did good work at ringside on the pre-show.
Trinity and Anoa'i have excellent chemistry as manager/client.
In terms of in-ring work, La Sombra was head and shoulders above everyone else in his match.
Adonis performed better than expected.
Bailey did masterful going off script and improvising with crowd reactions.
Trinity struggled without a script.
Popularity increased in all 18 regions.
Nikki said Mr. 450 needs to be cut.
Had a .02 TV Rating.

Yaz
07-22-2019, 07:43 AM

OVW Breakdown #5
Live from The Nelson Center in Springfield, Illinois
Attendance: 1,824

Backstage Incidents!
Rhino has taken Josh Woods under his wing as his protege.
I played a practical joke on Blaster McMassive. The locker room as a whole thought it was funny and it improved overall morale, but Blaster was pissed.

Pre-Show

Michael Dante vs Josh Woods vs Cody Hall
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Michael Dante defeated Josh Woods and Cody Hall in 8:38 when Michael Dante defeated Cody Hall by pinfall.
D-

Afa Anoa'i Jr and Trinity vs Carlito Colon and Ruby Raze
In a poor pre-show match, Afa Anoa'i Jr and Trinity defeated Carlito Colon and Ruby Raze in 9:36 when Trinity defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with a Rear View.
D

Jake Something vs Robbie E
In a poor pre-show match, Robbie E defeated Jake Something in 6:57 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death.
D-

Princesa Sugehit vs Syuri
In a terrible pre-show match, Princesa Sugehit defeated Syuri in 7:42 by pinfall with a Sugehit Driver.
E

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme vs The War Kings - Elimination
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill and The War Kings in 15:50; the order of elimination was The War Kings first, and then Team Overkill.
D-

OVW Breakdown

Dick Justice vs Chris Adonis - Non Title
In an extremely short match, Chris Adonis defeated Dick Justice in 4:52 by submission with an Adonis Lock.
D

Post Match:
Prichard, still in his wheelchair, tells Adonis to shake Dick's hand. Dick is still feeling the pain from the Adonis Lock, but extends his hand to shake. Adonis then attacks Dick, and by extension all of 'Merica. Prichard laughs until he has to hold his neck brace in pain.
D

Eddie Colon vs James Storm
In a decent match, Eddie Colon defeated James Storm in 9:11 by pinfall with a Backstabber.
C-

Foxxy vs Nikki
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Nikki defeated Foxxy in 7:25 by pinfall with a Bella Bash.
D+

Somewhere on a movie set:
Batista is on a movie set, in sunglasses. He talks about how he isn't finished with Chris Adonis, but for now he is content to film his latest project.
B+

Orlando Colon vs Rhino
In a decent match, Orlando Colon defeated Rhino in 7:48 by pinfall with a Backstabber.
D+

Catering Area:
Cryme Tyme are watching the show and drinking Nehi Soda (Midwest based company, straight fire sodas) and talk about how Storm and Rhino are a couple of old bitches (their words) and The Colons are about the fifth best wrestlers in their own family, so they are the two who deserve the next shot at the tag team titles.
D

Curry Man and Mascara Dorada vs Matt Murphy
In a decent match, La Sombra and Matt Murphy defeated Curry Man and Mascara Dorada in 10:37 when Matt Murphy defeated Curry Man by pinfall with a brainbuster.
C

Final Rating: C

Notes:
Jake Something debuted his Raging Bull gimmick. It was rated as Above Average.
Syuri debuted her Cocky Foreigner gimmick. It was rated as Great.
Sugehit and Syuri didn't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.
Foxxy hinted at a heel turn but it got little reaction as the fans recognize it isn't her strong suit.
Batista continues to work well without a script. No idea how he got so good in only about three shows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jay-TG did a masterful job of improvising along with the crowd reactions.
Shad did not do well without a script.
Popularity increased in all 18 regions.
Matt Murphy (Buddy Murphy) debuted his Franchise Player gimmick. It was rated as Very Good.

Non show note: I hired Jake Something(Impact's Jake Deaner) in an attempt to lure in Ruby Riott, who he is dating in real life. I doubt it works.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-22-2019, 08:05 AM
I played a practical joke on Blaster McMassive. The locker room as a whole thought it was funny and it improved overall morale, but Blaster was pissed.

What the..? I didn't know you could do that! Def trying that out next game.

Yaz
07-22-2019, 08:28 AM
Next Day Notes:
Nikki Bella thinks Afa Anoa'i Jr doesn't connect with the crowd and should be written off.
Batista thinks Crimson has no charisma and should be fired so I can hire someone better.
Rhino also has poor words for Afa Anoa'i. He thinks he has no charisma and not much of a future.
Breakdown drew a .02 TV rating.
Speaking of the Anoa'i family, I signed Lance. He has a 0-1 record against Shane McMahon but understandable as only The Undertaker beats Shane.
I let Blaster McMassive go. His attitude took a turn for the worse after some poor performances and a gimmick that wasn't getting over. Him getting upset over the joke was really the last straw. He was a negative influence in the locker room.

March World News
CMLL fell to cult size due to declining popularity.
A new company, Powerhouse Championship of Wrestling opened in Italy.
Tommaso Ciampa was called up to the WWE main roster.
Ron Garvin passed away at age 74.
Joe Koff passed away at age 72.
Damien Corvin died at age 32 when his scarf was caught in a ceiling fan, strangling him.
Cathy Kelly and Finn Balor got engaged.
Zema Ion and Simon Gotch became good friends.
Both Lucha Bros were injured in the same match, both spinal injuries. Both are out at least eleven months.
KC Cassidy (Peyton Royce) gave birth to her and Shawn Spears baby.

Yaz
07-23-2019, 03:49 AM
Bit of excellent news. I went to ESPN and asked about a better time slot. Breakdown will still be airing live, but now in the afternoon time slot as opposed to the graveyard slot. PPVs will now air live in the afternoon slot as opposed to on demand (game world is weird). This will mean more exposure and more sponsorship money.

Yaz
07-25-2019, 12:16 AM

OVW Breakdown #6
Live from Thomas Stadium in Johnson City, Tennessee (South East Region)
Attendance: 848

Backstage Incidents!
Rhino has been passing psychology tips onto his protege, Josh Woods. (Cool dude Mr. Rhino)
Jack Gallagher is working for LU tonight. GOD DAMNIT! EVERY TIME!

Pre-Show

Dick Justice vs Cortez
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Dick Justice defeated Cortez in 7:43 by submission when Dick pulled his gun and Cortez tapped.
D-

Flip Gordon vs Aaron Stevens
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Aaron Stevens defeated Flip Gordon in 9:59 by pinfall with an Idolizer.
D+

Portly Gentlemen w/Coach Stevie vs Carlito Colon and Brian Pillman Jr.
In a poor pre-show match, Carlito Colon and Brian Pillman Jr defeated Portly Gentlemen in 7:10 when Brian Pillman Jr defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by submission.
D-

Foxxy vs Gabby Ortiz
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Foxxy defeated Gabby Ortiz in 5:57 by pinfall with a Watch Yo' Face.
Note: Gabby Ortiz dislocated her knee and it impacted the match.
E+

Team Overkill vs Cody Hall and Lance Anoa'i
In a terrible pre-show match, Team Overkill defeated Cody Hall and Lance Anoa'i in 7:35 when Christian Rose defeated Cody Hall by pinfall.
E+

Rebecca Knox vs Kris Wolf
In a decent pre-show match, Rebecca Knox defeated Kris Wolf in 5:56 by pinfall with a Release Exploder Suplex.
C-

OVW Breakdown

Backstage:
Cryme Tyme are backstage cracking jokes about The Colons when the cousins walk up. They get into a heated argument when James Storm and Rhino attack both teams with chairs. Chaos ensues as all three teams brawl and wreck production equipment.
D-

Mr. 450 vs Robbie E
Both men are rushed to the ring as techs try to repair the equipment. In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Robbie E defeated Mr 450 in 7:07 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death.
D

GM's Office:
All three tag teams from earlier are yelling and arguing when DDP yells "BANG!" loudly to shut them up. He says he is tired of the sneak attacks and other BS, so he is making a match in two weeks. The titles will be on the line, suspended fifteen feet above the ring in a ladder match. For now though, they are suspended without pay until the match and will be fined the amount of the damaged equipment.
D+

Afa Anoa'i vs Crimson
In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Crimson defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 7:44 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
D-

Post Match:
Trinity is checking on Afa when she is attacked from being by Jaxx. Jaxx runs her into the post and stomps on her a few times. She claims she can do this to anyone she wants, anytime she wants, if they dare come after he title. Crimson and Afa just stood around.
C+

Extra Talented vs La Sombra & Matt Murphy
In a decent match, La Sombra and Matt Murphy defeated Extra Talented in 11:18 when La Sombra defeated Aaron Solo by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
C

In Ring:
OVW World Heavyweight Champion Chris Adonis is helping Bruce Prichard into the ring. Prichard is out of the wheelchair but is using a crutch. Adonis says Batista is off filming movies while he is here helping OVW grow. Prichard says Adonis is a fighting champion and will be giving the audience a special treat. He reached out, made some calls, cashed in some favors, and got a special name just for tonight. Adonis will be defending against a former champion from WWE. Yeah, he just mentioned another promotion on TV and there is nothing you can do about. The champion doesn't get music but he does his own intro. His name is Zo, how you doing?!?
D+

Chris Adonis(c) vs Zo - OVW World Heavyweight Title
In an extremely short match, Chris Adonis defeated Eric Anthony in 4:35 by submission with an Adonis Lock. Chris Adonis makes defense number 3 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.
D+

Post Match:
After the match, Adonis puts the hold back on Zo. Prichard fights off the referees with his crutch. Suddenly Batista's music hits. Adonis throws Zo at the refs and readies for a fight. There is no Batista though. Suddenly someone is moving through the crowd. Adonis notices it and grabs Prichard to use as a shield. The man in the crowd isn't Batista, but he comes bearing a message. He hands the slip of paper to Adonis. He drops it after reading it. "Next Week" it reads as the camera focuses on it to close the show.
C

Notes:
Got all 18 regions again.
Steven Richards continues to do good work at ringside.
Bahh and Jervis continue to have excellent chemistry as a team. In the worker improvement tab, it said Bahh is improving his flying skill. Whoever took that bump deserves a bonus.
Foxxy showed signs of a heel turn, but it got very little reaction. The fans recognize it isn't her strong suit.
Lance Anoa'i debuted his Chosen One gimmick. It was rated as Great.
Knox and Wolf have great chemistry and it showed in the match.
Shad didn't do well without a script.
DDP improvised well without a script.
Orlando Colon is getting better without a script.
Trinity did good work at ringside, she and Afa have excellent chemistry.
Prichard did good work at ringside. He and Adonis continue to have excellent chemistry.
Adonis improvised well in the final segment. (proud of him) Prichard did masterfully playing off crowd reactions.
Got a .04 TV rating.

Post show thoughts:
Despite having Richards being a good manager and having good chemistry as a team, I can't get Portly Gentlemen over on the actual show. It's frustrating because I wanna have Extra Talented protected as the next flagship team and Team Overkill simply isn't talented enough to feature full time. I need a low card face team to job to the upper card. Guess I'm gonna hit the free agents market.

I don't wanna let him go, but unless I can give Gallagher a bonus or rework his contract to convince him to make OVW a priority over LU I am gonna have to cut ties. For now I tried an exclusive PPA with a signing bonus and slight raise.

The main event was a last minute idea and honestly I knew I wanted to do it regardless of a potential bad grade. It was too funny in my head. For one night, I think we were all Chris Adonis fans. First time that happened since he pulled a ten foot tree from the ground to save his mother from a fire.

Gabby Ortiz is out at least three weeks to heal her knee.

I lost out on a chance to sign Finn Balor after he re-upped with WWE. I was probably 3rd in the running, but he had drawn out talks due to an offer from DDT as well. He would have cost the same per show as RVD and if you choose between a 38 year Balor or a 49 year old RVD, you go Balor.

Spidey
07-25-2019, 12:27 AM
I admire how engaging you make two beefy boys like Adonis and Batista. Always a fun read.

Yaz
07-25-2019, 01:08 AM
I'm a fan of Adonis in real life. Dude always come across as super cool and laid back in interviews and was super happy to be in WWE, even if a lot of the higher ups went out of their way to shit on him once he popped for roids so it's fun to book him. Having a mouthpiece is a huge help as he is mostly just muscles. Plus who doesn't love Enzo getting thrown around? $1500 well spent.

Yaz
07-25-2019, 05:03 AM
I cut ties with Gallagher. He turned down the exclusive PPA contract and went to LU and wasn't even used so fuck him.

I also gave Foxxy the ax. Much like real life, she was a better character than wrestler. I changed her push to that of an occasional wrestler and manager and she blew the fuck up on me. She was also costing $850 per. Jaxx is $880 a show. Bailey and Knox are 1k and Nikki is 2k, so she wasn't worth it anymore on top of it all.

I also let Barry Ryan go. He wasn't really doing anything.

I'm likely gonna have more cuts soon, but I was able to save some money by not covering travel on the newer contracts. I also got Batista to take a pay cut. You will see why later.

I dug into the unemployment ranks. Made a few signings. I keep my roster bigger than I need I know, but I like options.

I got Marshall Von Erich, real life relative of the famous cursed Texas clan. At $230 a show and a famous pedigree I think he will be a good get.
Got me and Spidey's favorite juice drinker, Orange Cassidy. $400 a show and good enough character skills to help with low card and pre show guys. 36 though so unlikely he ever makes it too high.
Apollo Jr, a 22 year old Puerto Rican who is related to fairly prominent Caribbean star Apollo. I see solid things once he grows.
Randy Summers, a 28 year old who works around New York. I signed him because he is part of a team with...
Brandon Watts. 25 year old that works the same area. Their team Milk Chocolate. Loved it so much that I had to snatch them up. Their B- experience as a team was much better than throwing two random guys as well. I looked it up, they have a pretty cool finish IRL, a powerbomb backstabber combo.
Cain Justice, a 23 year old who works the Carolinas. He looks like the guy you expect to see at a show in the Carolinas, but he honestly has decent stats for a guy his age.
Since I am in the business of signing everyone from the Samoan Dynasty, I signed Jacob and Sefa Fatua, 28 and 22 respectively. I am going to have them as a team, The Supremacy. Their finish is called Greetings From The Island because I'm not creative.
The big deal signing was Noam Dar. He plays a better face than heel, but I brought him in as a heel and plan on giving him a legitimate gimmick, something where he just lets his ring work do the talking. Was a bit of a fan so it was easy at 800 a show.
I was in need of some heels so I brought one more guy in, Viktor, formerly of The Ascension. He had good heel ratings and is passable in ring. He is 39 so I offered him a two year deal as opposed to three. He will wrestle under the name Apocalypse, his first pre WWE name before switching to APOC.

In non OVW news, Scarlette Bordeaux was arrested outside a club. Reports are sketchy (game's words) but she was involved in an altercation and displayed aggressive behavior, resulting in a standoff with the pigs.

Matt Sydal won the Impact World Title from Johnny Impact. Dude held the title since I started the game.

Oh yeah, then this happened.

https://i.imgur.com/drW1Xz0.png

Then this.

https://i.imgur.com/htVylCg.png

I fined him again. It said he improved his behavior and he was happy with the decision. I'm gonna test again in a week.

Yaz
07-25-2019, 09:20 AM

OVW Breakdown #7
Live from the Elizabeth Lynn Robbie Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Midwest Region)
Attendance: 880

Backstage Incidents!
Brendon Watts was brought before the Wrestler's Court, accused of forgetting to shake another wrestler's hand when entering the locker room. The judge, Rhino, found him to be guilty and ordered him to buy everyone a round of drinks after the show.

Pre-Show

Apollo Jr. vs Cortez
In a terrible pre-show match, Cortez defeated Apollo Jr in 5:52 by pinfall with a Superkick.
E

Ricky Starks vs Cain Justice
In a terrible pre-show match, Ricky Starks defeated Cain Justice in 6:57 by submission with a crossface.
E

Aaron Solo vs Jax Dane
In a poor pre-show match, Aaron Solo defeated Jax Dane in 8:48 by submission with a crossface.
D-

Team Overkill vs The Pieces of Hates
In a terrible pre-show match, The Pieces of Hate defeated Team Overkill in 6:37 when Jigsaw defeated Christian Rose by pinfall with a Jig â??nâ?? Tonic.
E+

Mascara Dorada vs Michael Dante
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Mascara Dorada defeated Michael Dante in 7:46 by pinfall with a Dorada Screwdriver.
D+

The Supremacy vs RVD & Carlito Colon
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Carlito Colon and Rob Van Dam defeated The Supremacy in 6:42 when Rob Van Dam defeated Sefa Fatu by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
D-

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
Chris Adonis storms out, with Bruce Prichard doing his best to keep up while hobbling. Adonis tells Batisa to get his ass out here right now. Prichard goes on about how Chris isn't scared, but being a World Champion comes with certain responsibilities, so he has places to be. He says Dave would know that if he wasn't on movie sets and was in the ring instead. DDP comes out and tells them Batista isn't here yet, but will call Bruce when he arrives.
C-

Battle Royal:
Aaron Stevens, Afa Anoa'i Jr, Amazing Red, Angelico, Brian Pillman Jr, Crimson, Curry Man, Dick Justice, Fallah Bahh, Flip Gordon, Jervis Cottonbelly, Josh Woods, Mr. 450, Robbie E, and Ryan Nova.
In a poor match, Angelico won a Battle Royal in 14:44. The other members of the 'final four' were Aaron Stevens, Robbie E and Curry Man, with Aaron Stevens being the final elimination. Brian Pillman Jr got the most eliminations over the course of the match.
D+

Post Match:
After the match DDP comes out and congratulates Angelico. He says due to some recent scheduling conflicts, they need a new number one contender for the American Title, so why not Angelico. He agrees, but before he can speak La Sombra comes out and says this is the exact thing he has been complaining about. La Sombra has worked his ass off and all Angelico does is win one match. The champ says he will defend the title tonight and hand pick his opponent. DDP says that sounds like a good idea, but DDP will pick a second opponent to make it a triple threat.
D

Bailey & Rebecca Knox vs Nikki and Paige Turner
In a decent match, Bailey and Rebecca Knox defeated Nikki and Paige Turner in 15:35 when Rebecca Knox defeated Nikki by pinfall with a Hard Knox.
C-

Post Match:
After the match Jaxx comes out and attacks Knox. The three heels team up on Bailey and Knox. Trinity hits the ring to even the numbers and the six girls square off as security rushes out. They trade insults instead of finishing the fight.
C

Jake Something vs Matt Murphy vs La Sombra(c) - OVW American Title
In a decent match, La Sombra defeated Jake Something and Matt Murphy in 7:42 when La Sombra defeated Jake Something by pinfall with a Sombra Driver. La Sombra makes defense number 3 of his OVW American title.
C-

Post Match:
After the match, the champ keeps attacking Jake Something while Murphy acts like he doesn't see anything. Mascara Dorada runs in for the save, first taking out La Sombra and then Murphy with an athletic planca.
D

Backstage:
World Champion Chris Adonis and his manager Bruce Prichard come out of the locker room, talking about how Batista was too cowardly to show. Prichard's phone rings and it shows DDP is calling. They turn and corner and run into Batista....'s cardboard cutout. Prichard gets scared and Adonis punches the cutout. They have a quick laugh as they walk away. They round the next corner and the real Batista is standing there. Adonis drops his belt and runs away, leaving Prichard to be thrown onto the catering table. Batista grabs the title and holds it to end the show.
C+

Final Rating:C-

Notes:
18 regions and such.
Apollo Jr debuted his Blue Chipper gimmick. It was rated as Very Good.
Cain Justice debuted his Biker gimmick. It was rated as Great.
Starks and Justice just didn't click and it showed in their performance.
Jacob and Sefa both debuted their Street Fighter gimmick. They were rated as Average and Very Good respectively.
Prichard had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand with his improv.
DDP improvised some lines well.
Afa Anoa'i has a gimmick that is getting stale.
Mr 450 debuted a new Punk gimmick. It was rated as Awful.
Amazing Red showed signs of a heel turn.
Bailey and Paige Turner did well without a script.
Rebecca Knox is getting better at her gimmick and improv.
Nikki struggled without a script.
.05 TV rating. We just keep gaining.
Batista says Ryan Nova needs to be let go because he doesn't connect with the fans.
Nikki says Mr. 450 is clumsy and is going to hurt someone and should be let go.
La Sombra told me Jax Dane doesn't connect with the fans and has little future.

Post show thoughts:
I've now ran two shows outside my home region of the Great Lakes. One in the Southeast and one in the Midwest. Both drew respectable numbers, but not enough to justify more shows outside the Great Lakes for now. Still, glad to get a little extra exposure.

Mr. 450 is gone. He was pissed over his gimmick and wasn't really showing what I expected him too.

I tweaked the gimmick for Afa Anoa'i, will see how it goes for now.

WWE released Cedric Alexander. Tempting. I should just build my entire roster with WWE castoff women and CWs.

Yaz
07-26-2019, 12:48 AM

OVW Breakdown #8
Live from Theunissen Stadium in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
Attendance: 2,030

Pre-Show

Amazing Red vs Cody Hall
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Amazing Red defeated Cody Hall in 6:21 by pinfall with a Red Star Press.
D-

Milk Chocolate vs The War Kings
In a terrible pre-show match, The War Kings defeated Milk Chocolate in 9:20 when Jax Dane defeated Randy Summers by pinfall.
E+

Princessa Sugehit vs Paige Turner
In a poor pre-show match, Paige Turner defeated Princesa Sugehit in 6:54 by submission.
D-

Orange Cassidy vs Brian Pillman Jr
In a terrible pre-show match, Brian Pillman Jr defeated Orange Cassidy in 8:10 by pinfall.
E

Impact Exposure:
Christy Hemme interviews Extra Talented in the ring. They say they will be watching the main event and put the winners on notice. They will be coming for those titles.
D-

Portly Gentlemen & Dick Justice w/Coach Stevie vs Cortez, Michael Dante, and Robbie E
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Dick Justice and Portly Gentlemen defeated Cortez, Michael Dante and Robbie E in 12:18 when Fallah Bahh defeated Cortez by pinfall.
D-

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
A video airs hyping the three teams in the main event and talks about what it means to win ladder matches.
D-

Afa Anoa'i Jr w/Trinity vs Aaron Stevens
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Aaron Stevens defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 7:13 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.
D-

Video Package:
A video of Gabby Ortiz airs. She is in a knee brace and says she will be back sooner than expected and ready to prove she belongs.
E

In Ring:
La Sombra says despite his claims, he says winning a match against so many other men is worth a show of approval so he claps for Angelico. With that said, since he defended his American Title against two men last week, he won't be putting the title on the line this week. Angelico says that he will beat La Sombra no matter what obstacle is put in his way.
D+

Angelico vs La Sombra - Non Title
In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Angelico defeated La Sombra in 6:42 by pinfall after a quick roll up. Sombra tried to leave the match, but Mascara Dorada cut him off, leading to Sombra getting back into the ring and walking into the roll up.
C-

Hype Video:
A video airs showing the amazing athleticism of Kenneth Crawford. He debuts next, against Matt Murphy, who is also highlighted.
D-

Kenneth Crawford vs Matt Murphy
In a poor match, Kenneth Crawford drew with Matt Murphy in 9:36 following a double count out.
D

The Colons vs Cryme Tyme vs Storm & Rhino(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles - Ladder Match
In a decent match, Storm & Rhino defeated The Colons and Cryme Tyme in a Ladder match in 17:20 when James Storm retrieved the item. Storm & Rhino make defence number 2 of their OVW Tag Team titles.
C-

Notes:
All 18 regions increased in popularity.
Brandon Watts debuted his Party Animal gimmick, rated as Above Average.
Randy Summers debuted his Surfer gimmick, rated as Average.
Orange Cassidy has debuted his Comic Relief gimmick, rated as Above Average
The tweak to Anoa'i Jr's gimmick kept it fresh for a bit longer.
Both La Sombra and Angelico struggled without a script in their segment.
Kenneth Crawford debuted his Laid Back gimmick, rated as Above Average.
Eddie Colon took a stunt bump during his match.
Rhino was visibly tiring toward the end of his match.
Drew a .05 TV rating.

Post Show Thoughts:
I am really bummed over Crawford. I gave him some hype before the debut and had Murphy in mind for his first match and it ended up with him not being able to keep up with Murphy. There is still plenty of time to right the ship but man that is a kick in the dick.
WWE is letting Tamina walk when he contract is up in 30 days. I think that one is for the best.

Yaz
07-26-2019, 08:21 AM

OVW Breakdown #9
Live from Frank Eck Stadium in Notre Dame, Indiana.
Attendance: 2,500 (SELL OUT!)

Pre-Show

Team Overkill vs The War Kings
In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, The War Kings defeated Team Overkill in 8:38 when Jax Dane defeated Matt Cage by pinfall.
D-

Bailey vs Gabby Ortiz
In a decent pre-show match, Bailey defeated Gabby Ortiz in 8:42 by pinfall with a Bailey-to-Belly Suplex.
C-

Rebecca Knox vs Kris Wolf
In a decent pre-show match, Rebecca Knox defeated Kris Wolf in 8:59 by pinfall with a Hard Knox.
C-

The Supremacy vs Brian Pillman Jr & Carlito Colon
In a terrible pre-show match, Brian Pillman Jr and Carlito Colon defeated The Supremacy in 8:19 when Brian Pillman Jr defeated Sefa Fatu by submission.
E+

Amazing Red vs Kenneth Crawford vs Michael Dante vs Matt Murphy
In a poor pre-show match, Matt Murphy defeated Kenneth Crawford, Michael Dante and Amazing Red in 10:58 when Matt Murphy defeated Amazing Red by pinfall with a Murphy Breaker(brainbuster).
D

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
DDP congratulates Storm and Rhino on their huge victory last week. They talk for a minute about how they are the best damn team in OVW. Chris Adonis's music hits and Bruce Prichard says he is happy for Storm and Rhino, who are both damn fine wrestlers, but not a single word was said last week about how Dave Batista put his hands on him. DDP says he was getting to it and has news for all three wrestlers out here. Batista requested a match with Adonis tonight, but even a star like Batista doesn't get to call the shots. So DDP is making a tag match, a six man tag to be exact, and Adonis can team up with the tag team champions to face Batista and two partners of his choosing.
C-

Trinity vs Ruby Raze
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Trinity defeated Ruby Raze in 7:35 by pinfall with a Split-Legged Moonsault.
D+

Post Match:
After the match, Jaxx comes to the ring and bumps Trinity. She says she is about to do Trinity one better and to stick around to see how a champion wins matches. Trinity gives her the floor...er ring.
B-

Jaxx vs Makoto - Non Title
In an extremely short match, Jaxx defeated Makoto in 5:02 by pinfall after a Samoan Drop.
D-

GM Office:
DDP is in his office when Curry Man comes in. He hands DDP the Cruiserweight Title. DDP says in this day in age, smaller wrestlers all over the world have proved they can hang with big men and deserve equal footing. He tells Curry Man he served the fans well, and will be given the first shot to earn the new title. He says fans demand a certain level of action and OVW will give it to them. At the next pay per view, Curry Man will compete for the inaugural OVW Extreme Title. Curry Man says he will bring the spice.
C-

Extra Talented vs Cody Hall & Cortez
In a poor match, Extra Talented defeated Cortez and Cody Hall in 8:11 when Ricky Starks defeated Cody Hall by submission with a crossface.
D-

Parking Lot:
Batista walks out to the parking lot, where Jay-TG and Shad are trying to fan some smoke. Smells like Groot out here Batista jokes. He says he needs some partners tonight and knows the two of them would like a little revenge after last week. Cryme Tyme crack a joke about Dave's role in the Kickboxer reboot, but agree to the proposal.
C+

Batista & Cryme Tyme vs Chris Adonis & James Storm & Rhino w/Bruce Prichard
In a decent match, Chris Adonis and Storm & Rhino defeated Dave Batista and Cryme Tyme in 14:15 when Chris Adonis defeated Jay-TG by submission with an Adonis Lock after interference from Bruce Prichard. Prichard tripped the ref, then attacked Batista with his crutch. Storm and Rhino then attacked Cryme Tyme with the tag belts. The ref came to and saw Adonis with the submission on a limp Jay-TG and called for the bell.
D+

Post Match:
The champions celebrate up the ramp as Prichard is talking to the referee, who isn't sure what happened. The three champions are gone when Prichard goes to collect his crutch. He doesn't notice Batista has gotten up and is eye balling him. Prichard tries to run but runs into the waiting arms of Cryme Tyme. They toy with him a bit and make him beg. Prichard begs and the two agree not to harm him. Prichard kisses their feet and goes to leave but bumps back into Batista. Jay-TG mentions they don't speak for Big Dave though. Batista hits a Batista Bomb on Prichard.
C

Notes:
Got the usual popularity gains in the usual regions.
Both Shad and Jay-TG turned face over the course of the show. The turns were a complete success.
Curry Man, Jaxx, and Trinity did well without scripts. They didn't say much, but hey, I'll take it.
DDP did well without a script in the opening, but struggled in the later segment.
.05 TV Rating

Post Show Thoughts:
Batista passed his follow up drug test. Thank whoever I need to thank.

Cody Hall came to me and complained about his push, one week after I upped his push after he complained. The guy has a good look but his best match with me was a D+ in a battle royal. When he worked in Japan he got a C against Naito, but I mean, its fucking Naito and I could get a decent match with him. I showed him the door.

I also let Matt Cage go. Of the two members of Team Overkill, he was the lesser, but he was the one who griped about getting a win from time to time. Christian Rose likely won't amount to much more than low card, but at least he is satisfied with it.

I hired a new interviewer, Christy Olson. She worked in NXT for a bit in the same role under the name Christy St. Cloud. I have some plans for Christy Hemme soon. Plus it feels more professional to have more than one person for backstage interviews.

Makoto signed to tour with Ice Ribbon. It's likely gonna mean she is unavailable for a while. It isn't a huge loss as I have some other jobber level faces to feed to women like Jaxx and Nikki.

Speaking of Nikki, she gave me notice she is retiring in three months. I tried to talk her out of it, but she is committed to it. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Oh and on the same day (Mil Mascaras, Bully Ray, and Chavo Guerrero Jr also decided to call it quits on the day) I had Kana, aka Asuka, inform me she is declining a contract with me as she will be retiring in three months. What the hell was in the water this day?

I am looking into Aria Blake. She worked with SHINE and MLW and a few other East Coast indies and has solid skills, but she no showed a MLW event in game and was fired so I'm debating it.

MLW offered Bailey a deal, so I counter offered an exclusive PPA deal that includes travel coverage, a pay increase, and a signing bonus.