PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Of The Year

klunderbunker
01-11-2019, 04:01 PM
I don't believe it!

#AbsoluteUnit
01-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Easy. Roman vacating the Universal title. Literally, nothing comes close.

Jack-Hammer
01-11-2019, 05:40 PM
In terms of sheer surprise, I'd have to give it to Roman Reigns because nobody saw the man's cancer had returned. However, I wanted to go with something more positive so I'm going with Bryan's return to the ring. There's not really a bad choice here, I just wanted something uplifting. There's so much negativity in the world these days that it was nice to have a genuine, feel good moment for someone who'd genuinely worked and strived hard to get what he wanted.

smarkmouth
01-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Roman's vacancy was definitely most surprising, but I have to vote at the orchestrated surprises over the ones brought to us by real life blight. Going with Daniel Bryan turning heel. Came out of left field but paid off in the long-run.

Yaz
01-11-2019, 06:27 PM
The Roman announcement takes it. When he opened Raw that night to a chorus of boos, we all expected it was another "I'm the Big Dog and despite losing to him about a hundred times I still beat Brock Lesnar once so I'm better than him" promo. We got about the exact opposite.

Skairipa
01-13-2019, 12:42 AM
I missed the Roman announcement being on here or I would have voted for that.

Storm Trooper
01-14-2019, 04:49 AM
Daniel Bryan returning to the WWE Ring came completely out of the blue. No idea they'd ever allow it, and I was resigned to the idea of Daniel Bryan never wrestling again, or going back to the indies.

Romans announcement is a close second, but I'm going for the happy surprise than the sad surprise.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
01-14-2019, 06:45 AM
Surprised the Dean Ambrose heel turn isn't an option. That was nearly as unexpected as Roman Reigns announcement.