PDA

View Full Version : Title Reign Of The Year

klunderbunker
01-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Shine it up real nice.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-11-2019, 04:18 PM
I'd go with A.J. normally, but the spring - early summer was all Seth Rollins.

Jack-Hammer
01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
All have been interesting and strong runs, in my eyes, but I have to go with Pete Dunne overall.

While his run hasn't been on the main WWE roster and gotten the sort of exposure others have gotten, the man's matches have been an absolute delight to watch and the fact that he's been UK Champion for 601 days is impressive. Arguments can be made for anyone on the list when you get right down to it, especially Rollins, Styles, Lethal and Ciampa but I'm going with the Bruiserweight this time around.

smarkmouth
01-11-2019, 05:38 PM
If I went with a batting average, all of Pete Dunne's title defenses have been incredible matches, all worh revisiting. Gotta go with the Bruiserweight.

Yaz
01-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Ciampa has made everyone around him more interesting (not that they were boring to start with) with his title reign. None of the stories have been bad. The matches have been good. The match quality for Dunne has been similar, but the entire time he has been champion he hasn't really done anything of note story wise and there have been long stretches without a defense. For the simple fact that more could and should be done with Dunne's reign, I'm going Ciampa.

Spidey
01-11-2019, 07:33 PM
What did Rollins do as Intercontinental Champion? Exist? Screw that - Ciampa made me believe in monsters again.

Storm Trooper
01-12-2019, 08:26 AM
The simple fact remains that, of all of the championship reigns, only one of them lasted the entire year. That was Pete Dunne. Couple that with his complete inability to have a match that isn't great, and he gets the nod here.

smarkmouth
01-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Whoops, wrong thread. Please delete this reply.