PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 34 Card

FunKay
02-20-2018, 03:58 PM
So in theory we're going to get the following if you believe a combination of rumours and WWE logic:

Universal Title: Lesnar (C) vs. Reigns
WWE Title: Styles (C) vs. Nakamura
Undertaker vs. Cena
Rousey & Strowman (or Rock) vs. Steph & HHH
SD Women's Title: Charlotte (C) vs. Asuka
RAW Women's Title: Alexa Bliss (C) vs. Nia Jax AND/OR Sasha Banks (C) vs. Bayley
RAW Tag Team Titles: The Bar (C) vs. Bray Wyatt & Woken Matt
IC Title: Miz (C) vs. Balor (or Strowman)
Rollins vs. Angle
Zayn vs. Owens OR The Usos (C) vs. Zayn & Owens OR Something featuring Shane vs. either/or both Zayn & Owens
Finals of the Cruiserweight Championship Tournament
A Women's Match on the Pre-Show
5th Annual ARMBR

Is there anything I'm missing here, or are we more or less there with this?

Yaz
02-20-2018, 04:50 PM
Their interaction on Raw gave some glimpses of how it might work, but with plenty of rumors saying that Miz and Braun for the IC title is the plan, I'm not sold. I just don't see how you can make Miz a credible threat to Braun. Not that many guys are and it isn't like Kalisto didn't once beat him on a fluke, but it feels like this is simple WWE trying to throw together their hottest act in Braun with a guy who has been consistent in Miz and hoping for the best.

Fallout
02-20-2018, 04:52 PM
I could see Rollins vs Strowman becoming a reality in all honesty, just a short-term feud, maybe built on the concept that the winner earns a Number 1 Contendership match.

smarkmouth
02-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Their interaction on Raw gave some glimpses of how it might work, but with plenty of rumors saying that Miz and Braun for the IC title is the plan, I'm not sold. I just don't see how you can make Miz a credible threat to Braun. Not that many guys are and it isn't like Kalisto didn't once beat him on a fluke, but it feels like this is simple WWE trying to throw together their hottest act in Braun with a guy who has been consistent in Miz and hoping for the best.

The match itself would/should be a squash, but the build could be fun. With some creative elbow grease, I could be interested in Miz chicken-sh**ing away from Braun for six weeks, until backed into a corner at WrestleMania. Then again, I'm not sure where that leaves Finn Balor.

I can't help but feel this rocket that they've lodged into Seth Rollins leads to bigger things than finding a replacement for Jason Jordan. Makes more sense, in my opinion, to wedge him into another program, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch of WrestleMania 31's actual main event. Not to mention, Roman mentioned the end of that night on Raw.

All that being said, here's a mishmash of my hypothesized card plus a few wishes;

Undertaker vs Cena

Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles

SD Women's Championship
Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
Cause why not?

RAW Women's Championship
Asuka vs Alexa Bliss

RAW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
The Bar vs The Revival vs Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt
The Bar deserves better, but they're out of good babyface teams on RAW.

SD Tag Team Championship
The Usos vs The Bludgeon Bros
Remember how good their match at Summerslam was a few years back? Think of how much better the Usos are now. Harper and Rowan haven't shown much lately, but that's squashes for you. If the Usos STILL don't make it onto Mania, I don't know what to say.

Intercontental Championship
The Miz (w. the Miztourage) vs Finn Balor (w. the Balor Club) vs Braun Strowman (w. These Hands)

United States Championship
Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Cruiserweight Championship Finals
Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak

Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Big E wins!

Gazprom
02-21-2018, 07:18 AM
I'm still not sure about Undertaker vs Cena.

Rousey is going to have a featured contest, they really shouldn't do Angle and Rousey against Triple H and Steph, but they probably will.

The Jason Jordan thing has to be going somewhere? Rollins?

Not sure, Asuka winning the women's belt is about the only thing I can guarantee.

ShinChan
02-21-2018, 07:35 AM
Does anyone else wish that a miracle happens and we get Braun Strowman to win Elimination Chamber? It's highly unlikely to happen. But I still hope that it does. Braun Strowman winning the Universal/World Championship after defeating Brock Lesnar is just the perfect way for his first title win.

Undying
02-21-2018, 02:10 PM
The Miz vs Braun Strowman just sounds kind of weak because I feel that Braun should be utilized better and Miz shouldn't be dropping the title to him in a squash or partial squash. Balor would be good to go against Miz. I'm still holding out hope for Braun vs Lesnar again but I know it's not likely to happen and that's fine. Reigns vs Lesnar was great when it happened and they wouldn't disappoint again.

John Cena vs The Undertaker? Seems like a certainty at this point. Unless they go with Elias I don't see who else Cena could face at Mania. The fact that Undertaker was never announced as officially retired gives it away as well. The match will sell even though it may be a shell of what it could have been ten years ago.

It's quite a card when you get down to it, (if it ends up like this) more so than in recent years and i'm excited for where they go with it.

Dark Grin
02-21-2018, 02:15 PM
The match itself would/should be a squash, but the build could be fun. With some creative elbow grease, I could be interested in Miz chicken-sh**ing away from Braun for six weeks, until backed into a corner at WrestleMania. Then again, I'm not sure where that leaves Finn Balor.

I can't help but feel this rocket that they've lodged into Seth Rollins leads to bigger things than finding a replacement for Jason Jordan. Makes more sense, in my opinion, to wedge him into another program, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch of WrestleMania 31's actual main event. Not to mention, Roman mentioned the end of that night on Raw.

All that being said, here's a mishmash of my hypothesized card plus a few wishes;

Undertaker vs Cena

Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles

SD Women's Championship
Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
Cause why not?

RAW Women's Championship
Asuka vs Alexa Bliss

RAW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
The Bar vs The Revival vs Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt
The Bar deserves better, but they're out of good babyface teams on RAW.

SD Tag Team Championship
The Usos vs The Bludgeon Bros
Remember how good their match at Summerslam was a few years back? Think of how much better the Usos are now. Harper and Rowan haven't shown much lately, but that's squashes for you. If the Usos STILL don't make it onto Mania, I don't know what to say.

Intercontental Championship
The Miz (w. the Miztourage) vs Finn Balor (w. the Balor Club) vs Braun Strowman (w. These Hands)

Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Cruiserweight Championship Finals
Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak

Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Big E wins!

where oh where is your Shane McMahon match? Maybe we can just have him do something really stupid on the pre show & get it over with.

smarkmouth
02-21-2018, 03:50 PM
where oh where is your Shane McMahon match? Maybe we can just have him do something really stupid on the pre show & get it over with.

I thought my omission of Rousey/Stephanie was going to merit this kind of response, but that was an honest mistake. Shane, I actively hope is not part of the card.

klunderbunker
02-21-2018, 05:01 PM
If Shane has to be on the show, have him be Rousey's partner against HHH and Stephanie. Just get it all into one match so they don't dominate everything else.

FalKon
02-21-2018, 05:58 PM
I hope we do not get Undertaker vs. John Cena. I've wanted Undertaker to retire for a while. He could've stopped at 20-0 and his legacy would've been amazing. He could've stopped at 21-1 with the passing of the torch to Brock Lesnar to make him the new threat, so when Lesnar gets taken out for good, they'd have a new mega-star. His legacy would remain... but beyond the 21-1, his legend is starting to slowly lose his mystique and every match is showing he isn't as good as a performer as he once was. Maybe there is an argument to say that Undertaker is losing his mystical powers and becoming mortal but I doubt that's the plan. He has done everything he can for the WWE; he owes nothing. Yes, he might still enjoy wrestling (and that WM pay cheque) but enough is enough. If he has to wrestle one more match, give it to someone who needs a win to establish their career. Finn Balor absorbing the soul of the Undertaker to fuel the Demon King would be great. Cena is also in a position where him winning isn't needed any more. He should give the rub to someone else and take his place when he is done. He can't remain the top draw forever.

The only other things I care about is the Battle Royale being on the main show and the overall scheduling of Wrestlemania. The last WM sucked because we got some good matches on the pre-show and time wasted on the main card for things the crowd doesn't care for.

BoTheDMBFantomas
02-23-2018, 08:26 AM
My guy is telling me that Taker probably wonâ??t be competing. He hurt himself working out at his house. Heâ??s probably done.

DNA 2.0
02-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Why not this??? Put Angle against HHH, put Braun against Miz and give us Rollins vs Balor 2 and a Balor Club heel turn...

So now you have:
1) Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (Universal Championship)
2) Styles vs Nakamura (WWE Championship)
3) Cena vs Undertaker
4) HHH & Steph vs Angle & Ronda
5) Braun vs The Miz (IC Championship)
6) Rollins vs Demon King
7) Charlotte vs Asuka (SDW Championship)

Plus whatever other plans they have for the undercard.

NOW IF UNDERTAKER DOES NOT COMPETE. Give me Cena vs Rollins. To be the man you got to beat the man and Rollins beating Cena clean at Wrestlemania is a huge feat. But since Rollins did pin Cena very recently, I think that Taker will be at Mania.

Leobeast
02-28-2018, 04:16 PM
Lesnar/Reigns
Styles/Nakamura
Cena Match
Miz/Rollins/Balor
Charlotte/Asuka
Usos/New Day/Bludgeon Brothers
Strowman/Elias
Angle & Rousey/HHH & Steph
Orton/Roode
ATGMBR
Bliss/Jax
Owens/Zayn
The Bar/The Revival
Sasha/Bayley
Cruiserweight Finals

Three or four of those will be on kickoff show

Jack-Hammer
03-01-2018, 01:15 AM
Based on reports, and some sheer guess work on my part, the final card, including the kick off show, could look something like this.

WrestleMania Kickoff Show
WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Finals
WWE United States Championship - Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal
WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The Revival

WrestleMania Main Card
WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
WWE Championship - AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor vs. Braun Strowman vs. Elias
WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax
WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka
WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
Singles Match - John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio
The 4th Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Mixed Tag Team Match - Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

I think there's a very good possibility that every title will change hands this time around.

DNA 2.0
03-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Based on reports, and some sheer guess work on my part, the final card, including the kick off show, could look something like this.

WrestleMania Main Card
WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor vs. Braun Strowman vs. Elias
Mixed Tag Team Match - Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

I think there's a very good possibility that every title will change hands this time around.

Swap Usos match with the Orton match. No way Orton gets put on the pre show.

This seems like the card they are going for and it looks way too... weird. It doesn't really feel special...

Dark Grin
03-01-2018, 12:43 PM

WrestleMania Main Card

You're missing the Shane McMahon match. You know he's wrestling... or at the very least do something stupid from a high altitude.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Reigns vs Lesnar - Just get it over with.
Cena vs Taker - Too late to do it.
Styles vs Nakamura - This is a layup.
Angle/Rousey vs HHH/Steph - Could be good or a mess.
Miz vs Balor vs Rollins - Fine.
Braun vs Elias - Braun deserves better, but it MUST be Reigns.
Asuka vs Alexa - This could be really good or a squash.
Orton vs Roode - Fine.
ATGMBR - Almost everyone else.

As for the rest of the card, there might be some sort of mess involving Shane, Owens, and Zayn. No idea what. I left off the tag titles, as neither division is very interesting at the moment. We might Becky vs Charlotte though hopefully on the pre-show so itâ??ll get time.

Honestly Iâ??m not very interested in this card, but hopefully Iâ??m wrong about some things. Itâ??s still Mania, so Iâ??ll be watching regardless.

FunKay
03-12-2018, 05:19 AM
Let's revisit this, shall we? The card, based on fact, speculation, hearsay and rumours appears to look like the following:

Universal Title: Lesnar (C) vs. Reigns
WWE Title: Styles (C) vs. Nakamura
Undertaker vs. Cena
Rousey & Angle vs. Steph & HHH
SD Women's Title: Charlotte (C) vs. Asuka
RAW Women's Title: Alexa Bliss (C) vs. Nia Jax
RAW Tag Team Titles: The Bar (C) vs. Bray Wyatt & Woken Matt
SD Tag Titles: The Usos (C) vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers (vs. Rusev Day and/or Benjamin & Gable)
IC Title: Miz (C) vs. Balor vs. Rollins
US Title: Orton (C) vs. Roode vs. Mahal
Shane vs. Zayn & Owens - Nothing, except one infuriating rumour indicates Ziggler's involvement, let that be the case going forward!
Sasha Banks vs. Bayley
Finals of the Cruiserweight Championship Tournament
Women's Match on the Pre-Show
5th Annual ARMBR

That's a 15 match card, and no Strowman to be seen which is preposterous frankly. Elias will no doubt get a segment where he takes the legends beatdown, which is perfectly fine...

Y 2 Jake
03-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Ultimate Deletion happens on Raw but I'd weave it into Mania. That way you get all your guys on the card and it's not in a battle royal that's been established as meaningless.

DNA 2.0
03-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Deletion happens on Raw but I'd weave it into Mania. That way you get all your guys on the card and it's not in a battle royal that's been established as meaningless.

I don't think there's enough time to have this take place at Wrestlemania though, if you want to do it properly and not have it be a 10 minute deal.

Y 2 Jake
03-12-2018, 04:04 PM
It could be minute long segments throughout the show, culminating in a 10 minute conclusion at ringside. It could even conclude in a battle royal. Sounds like a dumb idea but that's the Broken Universe, innit.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Main Card:

Universal Title - Lesnar vs. Reigns
WWE Title - Styles vs. Nakamura
Cena vs. Taker or Mysterio
Angle/Rousey vs. HHH/Steph
SD Women's Title - Charlotte vs. Asuka
RAW Women's Title - Alexa vs. Nia vs. Sasha vs. Bayley
SD Tag Titles - Usos vs. New Day vs. Harper/Rowan
IC Title - Miz vs. Balor vs. Rollins
US Title - Orton vs. Roode vs. Mahal
Something involving Shane, Owens, and Zayn

Pre-Show:

RAW Tag Titles - Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Wyatt/Hardy
Cruiserweight Title Tournament Finals
ATGMBR

The only match I'm really looking forward to is Styles vs. Nakamura. Everything else simply isn't that interesting or must see.

Yaz
03-13-2018, 04:31 AM
IF the Ziggler rumor is true, I reckon he will be Shane's partner for a tag match between Zayn and Owens, IF WWE can resist the urge make KO and Sami FITE 4EVA!!!

I'm not sure what to make of this likely women's battle royal though.

DNA 2.0
03-13-2018, 07:05 AM
IF the Ziggler rumor is true, I reckon he will be Shane's partner for a tag match between Zayn and Owens, IF WWE can resist the urge make KO and Sami FITE 4EVA!!!

I'm not sure what to make of this likely women's battle royal though.

Owens and Zayn can go both routes right now. They can either split or unite once more against Shane.
The Ziggler story is intriguing though. The current storyline is that Ziggler never had an one-on-one match at Wrestlemania. Will he get it this year and if yes, against who?

Right now we have the following angles/matches heading into Wrestlemania:

1) Cena vs Taker
2) Reigns vs Lesnar
3) Styles vs Nakamura
4)Angle/Ronda vs Steph/HHH
5) IC triple threat
6) Sasha vs Bayley
7) Nia vs Alexa
8) Charlotte vs Asuka
9) Bar vs Strowman
10) Usos vs New Day vs BB
11) Owens/Zayn/Shane
12) Ziggler's one-on-one
13) Roode/Orton/Jinder
15) Andre Battle Royal
16) Moolah Battle Royal
17) Cruiserweight Finals
18) Hardy vs Bray

That's right. There's 18 angles currently building up leading to Wrestlemania. Unless WWE has plans to run an 8-hour show, some of these will get unified or be placed into the battle royals.

I'm expecting the final card to look like this:

Main Card
Cena vs Undertaker
Roman vs Brock
Styles vs Nakamura
Angle/Ronda vs HHH/Steph
Charlotte vs Asuka
Strowman vs The Bar
Moolah Battle Royal (including Sasha vs Bayley)
US Championship Ladder match (Owens vs Zayn vs Roode vs Orton vs Ziggler vs Corbin vs Jinder)
Miz vs Rollins vs Balor
Usos vs ND vs BB

Pre-Show
Andre Battle Royal (including Wyatt vs Hardy)
Nia vs Alexa
Cruiserweight Finals

Nia vs Alexa and the SD Tag Team triple threat could be swapped, but right now they are trying to sell the story of the Usos not being on the main card, so I guess they will put them on the main card.

Undying
03-18-2018, 10:08 PM
This is the first Wrestlemania since 28 that I have been excited for. This is a stacked show no matter how you look at it. Cena vs Taker, Lesnar vs Reigns 2, Styles vs Nakamura, Asuka vs Charlotte, the mixed tag and it keeps going. That is an unbelievable top half of a card. Again it looks just as stacked as 28 and Wrestlemania hasnâ??t been very fun for me since then.

29 was rematchmania, 30 I get the moment but I was never a Bryan fan or got on that train at all, 31 was meh, 32 was awful, last year besides the Hardyâ??s returning was kind of a dud. This Mania actually feels like a Wrestlemania and I havenâ??t gotten that feeling in a longtime. Iâ??m happy to be genuinely excited for it again.

Jack-Hammer
03-20-2018, 08:23 PM
By the end of SD Live next week, the final card will look something like this:

WrestleMania Main Card

1. WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
2. WWE Championship - AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
4. WWE United States Championship - Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal
5. WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax
6. WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka
7. WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
8. The 1st Annual WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal
9. Singles Match - The Undertaker vs. John Cena
10. Mixed Tag Team Match - Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon
11. Tag Team Match - Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

1. WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Finals
2. WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Braun Strowman & ?
3. The 4th Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

There hasn't been much buzz, or really even much of a mention, regarding the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal this year so I'm guessing it'll be on the kickoff show. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind if they placed the women's battle royal there as well, but I don't see that happening considering the controversy generated by naming the match after the Fabulous Moolah and someone would probably raise a stink if it got bumped to the kickoff show.

The Raw Tag Team Championship match feels more like a novelty match right now considering that Strowman won a "tag team" battle royal by himself and as I have this feeling that they're gonna pair Strowman up with someone like Elias, though it'd be cool if Samoa Joe just popped up as his partner. Anyhow, I think it'll be on the kickoff show.

It seems a foregone conclusion that the Cruiserweight Championship match will be on the kickoff show. Pretty much anything concerning the Cruiserweights feels more like kickoff material compared with most everything else, but hopefully that'll all have changed by next year.

FunKay
03-21-2018, 05:21 AM
I can't see them putting Strowman's match on the Pre-Show. In fact, I wouldn't be at all shocked if both Battle Royale's ended up on the Pre-Show alongside the Cruiserweight match. I'd say the SD tag title match would go there, except one of the major story points is that the Usos have never been on the main card (also those guys deserve to be on the show, but as William Munny said, 'Deserve's got nothing to to with it...').

Y 2 Jake
03-21-2018, 06:42 AM
I don't see how they can really add the Usos to the main card this year, it's stacked, their feud with the New Day is only continuing because it's Mania and the Bludgeon Brothers don't seem like a team you need to get on the card.

I think it's between that match and the US 3-Way with who gets a coveted spot on the pre-show.

Барбоса
03-21-2018, 08:08 AM
Make Usos/BB/New Day a tornado tag and have it as the opening match.

Putting both Battle Royals on the pre-show would be the best way to save some time.

DNA 2.0
03-21-2018, 11:34 AM
It looks like this will be the final card:

*Main Show*

No Holds Barred match - John Cena vs Undertaker
Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
WWE Championship - AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Mixed Tag Team match - Triple H & Stephanie McMahon vs Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle
Intercontinental Championship; Triple Threat match - The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor
United States Championship; Triple Threat match - Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal
Tag Team match (or Handicap/Gauntlet match) - Daniel Bryan (and Shane McMahon?) vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
SD Women's Championship - Charlotte vs Asuka
RAW Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax
SD Tag Team Championship; Stipulation match - Usos vs New Day vs Buldgeon Brothers
RAW Tag Team Championship - Bruan Strowman & (Elias?) vs The Bar

*Pre-Show*

Cruiserweight Championship
Women's Battle Royal
Men's Battle Royal

At first I didn't like the way Wrestlemania was shaping up at all.. but now.. it looks like the greatest card of all time. There will be wrestling. There will be entertainment. It will have everything. Just please, no concerts, no in ring segments. Those 11 matches need TIME. The roster definately has the potential to deliver one of the greatest Manias, in ring wise. So, it already has A LOT OF HYPE. I mean we have Cena-Taker, Ronda, Bryan's return, Angle's first Mania since 2006, Asuka-Charlotte, Styles-Nak, Braun Strowman and Lesnar's last WM. That's just way too much hype to handle.. And if they deliver in ring.. Oh god. It has the potential to be one the greatest ever. I have high expectations for this show.

Y 2 Jake
03-21-2018, 12:11 PM
I think Jax vs. Bliss is the match that gets under 30 seconds, unless the Rusev vs. a celebrity is a real thing.

jmt225
03-21-2018, 03:30 PM
At first I didn't like the way Wrestlemania was shaping up at all.. but now.. it looks like the greatest card of all time.

Not to be a negative Nancy but I think you will be sorely disappointed if you keep your expectation level that high.

Taker looked awful the last time we saw him in the ring and he's only aged since then.

Lesnar/Reigns I think can be fantastic but the fans can also ruin it if they give it the Lesnar/Goldberg treatment from Wrestlemania 20.

Styles vs. Nakamura is a guaranteed good match, although I will be upset if Nakamura goes over.

The mixed tag match I don't think will be anything truly special. Just a cool moment when Ronda beats up Steph.

The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor was a great match on Raw a year or so ago but I have a hard time believing they'll strike lighting in a bottle twice with this pairing.

The US Title triple threat will be awful.

Bryan/Owens/Zayn match is a guaranteed good one.

Charlotte vs Asuka will either be great or a major disappointment.

Bliss vs. Nia will most likely be a quick squash.

And both tag matches have potential to be fun.

By no means do I think this card comes close to being the greatest ever. Sure, it CAN be. Every card WWE puts on has that potential. But I think it's a good idea to always remain skeptical of any WWE show, so just in case it is a dud, your emotions are prepared for it lol.

Y 2 Jake
03-21-2018, 03:55 PM
When I comes to WrestleMania one should always remain skeptical, but on paper this looks the best in a long time. Prepare to be disappointed.

Барбоса
03-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Even if the selection of matches looks potentially good, there are far too many.

Several matches will be too long - mixed tag, Cena/Taker and probably Lesnar/Reigns, leaving others like AJ/Nak too short.

DNA 2.0
03-22-2018, 12:02 AM
Not to be a negative Nancy but I think you will be sorely disappointed if you keep your expectation level that high.

Taker looked awful the last time we saw him in the ring and he's only aged since then.

Lesnar/Reigns I think can be fantastic but the fans can also ruin it if they give it the Lesnar/Goldberg treatment from Wrestlemania 20.

Styles vs. Nakamura is a guaranteed good match, although I will be upset if Nakamura goes over.

The mixed tag match I don't think will be anything truly special. Just a cool moment when Ronda beats up Steph.

The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor was a great match on Raw a year or so ago but I have a hard time believing they'll strike lighting in a bottle twice with this pairing.

The US Title triple threat will be awful.

Bryan/Owens/Zayn match is a guaranteed good one.

Charlotte vs Asuka will either be great or a major disappointment.

Bliss vs. Nia will most likely be a quick squash.

And both tag matches have potential to be fun.

By no means do I think this card comes close to being the greatest ever. Sure, it CAN be. Every card WWE puts on has that potential. But I think it's a good idea to always remain skeptical of any WWE show, so just in case it is a dud, your emotions are prepared for it lol.

I definately don't expect every match to steal the show and be the greatest ever. Each match has its own glass ceiling. What I'm expecting is the following:

Cena/Taker to be a spectacle and electrifying due to the crowd.
Lesnar/Reigns to be a brawl-fest and no, I don't think fans will give it the WM 20 treatment. Fans hated Lesnar back then for the way he decided to go and the timing. Not the actual fact he was leaving. Plus, back then you had 20,000 people in MSG. Definately all of them were hardcore fans. Now in a 80,000 stadium, those 20,000 still exist, but I definately don't expect 80,000 people to boo both men out of the arena.
As fas Styles vs Nak goes, that's your own subjective opinion. Honestly I don't care who wins. If Styles wins, I'd like to see a long-term angle come in play where Nakamura climbs back the ladder and finally beats AJ.
The mixed tag is there for entertainment reasons. All I want to see from this is that it should not be more than 10 minutes and Ronda should kick both HHH and Steph's asses.
Miz/Rollins/Balor will be good if given 10-15 minutes.
From the US title match I expect more taunting and pantering to the crowd than I do actual good wrestling.
Bryan is Hype regardless what will happen.
Charlotte/Asuka - That's the only one I agree with you here. But with 15 minutes, they can steal the show.
I hope that Nia vs Bliss is a quick squash, or at least a screwey DQ finish. I won't care. I only want to see Nia kill both Mickie and Bliss, even if she wins or not.
And yeah the tag matches should be fun.

Those are my expectations and I think it will deliver.

smarkmouth
03-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Interesting symmetry between Raw and Smackdown on this WrestleMania.

Both Universal and WWE championships are singles matchups.
Both US and Intercontinental championships are Triple Threats.
Both GM/Commissioner matches are paying off in tag team matches (assuming).
SD and RAW Women's Championships are both singles matchups.

Good on the tag division for deviating.

DNA 2.0
03-23-2018, 06:27 PM
Interesting symmetry between Raw and Smackdown on this WrestleMania.

Both Universal and WWE championships are singles matchups.
Both US and Intercontinental championships are Triple Threats.
Both GM/Commissioner matches are paying off in tag team matches (assuming).
SD and RAW Women's Championships are both singles matchups.

Good on the tag division for deviating.

That's true and definately and upgrade from last year, where SD only had 4 main card matches, while RAW had 6, and one of them was the throw-away 5-pack women's championship.

Plus I like the fact they every title has a meaningful storyline heading into Wrestlemania. It's the first time this has happened since WM 17 and I'm not exaggerating.

mooseman
03-27-2018, 05:20 PM
If WWE wants a holy shit, what the fuck moment like the Hardyz last year HHH and Vince would put aside their personal hatred and find a way to get Punk as Bryan's partner. If thats even possible with his UFC contract

smarkmouth
03-27-2018, 11:21 PM
If WWE wants a holy shit, what the fuck moment like the Hardyz last year HHH and Vince would put aside their personal hatred and find a way to get Punk as Bryan's partner. If thats even possible with his UFC contract

I'm sure Triple H and Vince can do that, but I'm not sure that Punk's pride can be bought for necessity's sake. They're going to drag out the possibility of Shane until just shy of zero hour, and if Shane's not good to go, Team Hell No will be a solid substitute.

As for tonight's developments, there goes my symmetry! Glad Rusev got a spot. He deserves it.

DNA 2.0
03-28-2018, 11:00 AM
What do you guys think is the best match order for this star-packed Wrestlemania?
IMO:

Pre-Show

1. Cruiserweight Championship
2. Andre the Giant Battle Royal
3. Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss; RAW Women's Championship

Main-Show

1. New Day vs BB vs Usos; SD Tag Team Championship
2. Charlotte vs Asuka; SD Women's Championship
3. Roode vs Orton vs Mahal vs Rusev; US Championship
4. Rollins vs Miz vs Balor; IC Championship
#. HOF
5. Bryan & Shane vs Owens & Zayn
6. Strowman & (???) vs Cesaro & Sheamus; RAW Tag Team Championships
7. HHH & Steph vs Ronda & Angle
8. Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns; Universal Championship
9. Women's Battle Royal
10. AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura; WWE Championship
11. Undertaker vs John Cena

Y 2 Jake
03-28-2018, 02:09 PM
After a nothing women's multi-person match caused outrage by being put on the pre-show last year, I can't see any female bouts on it this year.

Cruiserweight, Smackdown tag and men's battle royal for me.

Undying
03-28-2018, 02:47 PM
The way I think it's going to go is:

John Cena vs The Undertaker

Universal Championship -
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Women's Battle Royal

Hall of Fame

WWE Championship -
AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey vs Triple H/Stephanie McMahon

Raw Women's Championship -
Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax

Daniel Bryan/Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn

Smackdown Women's Championship -
Charlotte vs Asuka

Raw Tag Team Championship -
Braun Strowman/??? vs The Bar

Intercontinental Championship -
The Miz vs Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins

Smackdown Tag Team Championship -
New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers vs Usos

Pre Show -
Andre The Giant Battle Royal
Cruiserweight championship

You have a great opening with the New Day, a nice breather between the main events with the Hall of Fame and Women's battle royal (since like Jake said it basically has to be on the show). My idea isn't the best and I hope they space the show out a lot better but it will be difficult given how stacked the card is top to bottom. Maybe throw in the kid rock concert in one of those spots if that's going to be a thing. John Cena vs Undertaker is such a big match I can't see it not main eventing but I wouldn't be surprised to see Reigns' 96th crowning achievement closing the show.

DNA 2.0
03-29-2018, 12:31 AM
After a nothing women's multi-person match caused outrage by being put on the pre-show last year, I can't see any female bouts on it this year.

Cruiserweight, Smackdown tag and men's battle royal for me.

What are you talking about? What women's bout was on the pre-show last year? Last year's pre-show had Ambrose/Corbin, Neville/Aries and ATGMBR.. The multi-women's match, in case you mean the SD Championship match, came after Lesnar/Goldberg and before Reigns/Taker.

Also, I really don't care, but putting the Usos on the pre-show once again, after so much talk about them making it to the main show, would be criminal. I also get why the Women's Battle Royal could end up on the main show and Orton will in no way wrestle on the pre-show, so IMO, Nia/Alexa should be there. It's also the match with the least heat in the entire card.

DNA 2.0
03-29-2018, 12:32 AM
The way I think it's going to go is:

John Cena vs The Undertaker

Universal Championship -
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Women's Battle Royal

Hall of Fame

WWE Championship -
AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey vs Triple H/Stephanie McMahon

Raw Women's Championship -
Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax

Daniel Bryan/Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn

Smackdown Women's Championship -
Charlotte vs Asuka

Raw Tag Team Championship -
Braun Strowman/??? vs The Bar

Intercontinental Championship -
The Miz vs Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins

Smackdown Tag Team Championship -
New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers vs Usos

Pre Show -
Andre The Giant Battle Royal
Cruiserweight championship

You have a great opening with the New Day, a nice breather between the main events with the Hall of Fame and Women's battle royal (since like Jake said it basically has to be on the show). My idea isn't the best and I hope they space the show out a lot better but it will be difficult given how stacked the card is top to bottom. Maybe throw in the kid rock concert in one of those spots if that's going to be a thing. John Cena vs Undertaker is such a big match I can't see it not main eventing but I wouldn't be surprised to see Reigns' 96th crowning achievement closing the show.

That's a perfect way to arrange the card, although I don't see Orton wrestling on the pre-show. But he should, just this year.

Y 2 Jake
03-29-2018, 04:04 AM
The Smackdown women's match was announced for the pre-show before fans took exception to it and put on the main show. I think it was Ambrose vs. Corbin that fell down because of that.

smarkmouth
04-03-2018, 09:22 AM
The ultimate mind game; Undertaker just got the guy who has the 'Never Give Up' mantra clad all over his merch to Give Up.

I'm still expecting this match on Sunday.

Y 2 Jake
04-03-2018, 09:30 AM
Predictions:

Universal Championship Match - Reigns def. Lesnar

Smackdown Women's Championship Match - Asuka def. Charlotte

Raw Women's Championship Match - Nia def. Bliss

Raw Tag Team Championship - Braun & Mystery Partner def. The Bar
(Big Show revealed as mystery partner)

Intercontinental Championship Match - Balor def. Rollins and The Miz
(The Miz regains the title the next night on Raw)

WWE Championship Match - A.J. def. Nakamura

Angle & Rousey def. HHH & Stephanie

United States Championship Match - Orton def. Mahal, Roode and Rusev

The Undertaker def. John Cena

Zayn & Owens def. Bryan & Shane

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - The Usos def. New Day and Bludgeon Brothers

Women's Battle Royal - Becky Lynch
(Sasha and Bayley eliminate each other)

Men's Battle Royal - Big Cass

Cruiserweight Championship Match - Alexander def. Ali