PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Of The Year

klunderbunker
01-11-2019, 06:40 PM
It just keeps getting better.

Jack-Hammer
01-12-2019, 02:10 PM
I went with Becky Lynch. Six months ago, she'd become just another face in the crowd and seemed destined to ultimately remain there. Now, she's arguably the hottest and most acclaimed act in wrestling today. Becky always had real personality and charisma beyond the whole "Lass Kicker" stuff and we finally got a chance to see what she can do. I don't know if her past acting experience allows her to easily acclimate to the scripted promos, if her promos are mostly her own words or what but in any case, Becky now comes off in a much more natural, smooth and organic way so here's hoping WWE doesn't screw it up.

Yaz
01-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Becky has gotten the most over in her entire career because someone broke her nose. Elias has gotten over despite being nothing in NXT and called up at random. Few drew the heel heat he did and he gets solid cheers as a face. He was hated in NXT. Thats a long way to come.

mrluck_07
01-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Missed Elias' NXT run but Yaz makes a compelling argument.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-14-2019, 09:19 PM
I got to go with Becky. Her character improved 100% with her heel turn. Becky takes the cake here.

Jack-Hammer
02-14-2019, 07:22 AM
I know this is closed and all that but seeing this brought to mind a few things. Over the last few weeks, I've really, really gotten bored with Elias. The guy's a complete one trick pony and does the exact same thing week in and week out by coming out there, making his little speech, playing a few riffs on the guitar and is either interrupted in the middle of things or finishes, occasionally, before having what's usually a pretty mediocre match. Aside from following his usual formula during promos, which is beyond old for me at this point, he's nothing remotely special inside the ring; or, I should say, he isn't based on what I've seen and if he's capable of doing more, then I wish to God he'd show it as something needs to be shaken up with him or he needs to be relegated to Main Event.