Banks vs Rousey

Smackdown Women's Championship
Lynch vs Asuka

Cruiserweight Championship
Itami vs Kalisto vs Tozawa vs Murphy

Tag Team Championship
Shane/Miz vs The Bar (only real "meh)

And of course the Royal Rumble matches.

Really, I just wanted to take a moment to say this is the first time I can remember being more excited for a WWE PPV over the corresponding NXT TakeOver. I'm not expecting any real shockers, but these will be some fine matches!

Yaz
01-16-2019, 12:22 AM
The Rumble is my favorite PPV and its hard for me to not be excited for it. This week did a lot to bring my interest back as I haven't watched a full show in months. It looks to be a fairly cut and dry card as far as results go, but the actual Rumble winner seems up in the air, which I like.

Slyfox696
01-16-2019, 08:58 AM
I haven't seen much wrestling of late, but I always have loved the Rumble. I'll definitely be watching and I hope the matches are of good enough quality to not know the backstory.

Spidey
01-16-2019, 09:04 AM
Solid looking matches, and I'm thankful for Bar vs. Shane/Miz really. Every big event should have a breather to get snacks and stuff. Should be fun.

smarkmouth
01-16-2019, 09:09 AM
I haven't seen much wrestling of late, but I always have loved the Rumble. I'll definitely be watching and I hope the matches are of good enough quality to not know the backstory.

I feel that the video packages they produce per match do a better service to the audience than watching twelve monthly hours of RAW. Lately, backstory feels redundant. Consdiering Balor; dude hasn't sniffed a midcard championship in about a year, yet in three minutes I'm sure they'll convince us that he's a threat to Lesnar. You might be better off enjoying the match than the rest of us.

Slyfox696
01-16-2019, 09:11 AM
I feel that the video packages they produce per match do a better service to the audience than watching twelve monthly hours of RAW. Lately, backstory feels redundant. Consdiering Balor; dude hasn't sniffed a midcard championship in about a year, yet in three minutes I'm sure they'll convince us that he's a threat to Lesnar. You might be better off enjoying the match than the rest of us.I kind of feel the same way about the promo packages. I can sit through 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown each week and get subpar writing and subpar wrestling or I can watch a 1 minute video and watch PPV caliber match.

It's not really that difficult of a decision. And from the reports about WWE ratings, I may not be the only one who feels that way.

mrluck_07
01-16-2019, 02:03 PM
If nothing else WWE knows how to do it's video packages.

SSJPhenom
01-16-2019, 02:58 PM
So Balor is facing Lesnar now?? Is it really because WWE is afraid of losing him to AEW? Is that also why they gave Lashley the Intercontinental Championship? If it's true, I already love AEW.

Anyways, can't wait for the Rumble. Even if I watch no wrestling for almost a year, I'll always tune in for the Rumble and 'Mania. Just hope Balor vs Brock isn't another Brock smash for the first 8 min, then we get about 5 min of the smaller, better wrestler fighting back, only for Brock to smash some more for the win. You know, like he did with AJ and D-Bry.

Y 2 Jake
01-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Would Balor go to AEW? On the off chance he left WWE there's a top spot waiting for him back with the Bullet Club in Japan.

SSJPhenom
01-17-2019, 10:40 AM
Where Balor should go is to Smackdown. Programs with Samoa Joe, Styles, and D-Bry would be amazing. As would the matches. He would shine the most if he was on Smackdown. I know this is a Rumble thread, but is there any chance of a Charlotte Flair vs Rhonda Rousey main eventing 'Mania?

Y 2 Jake
01-17-2019, 03:14 PM
I'm convinced Charlotte/Becky/Rousey will close Mania, which could be the worst thing for them

mrluck_07
01-17-2019, 11:59 PM
I'm convinced Charlotte/Becky/Rousey will close Mania, which could be the worst thing for them

Why would it be the worst thing? The pressure?

Y 2 Jake
01-18-2019, 02:42 AM
It'll come at the end of a near 7 hour show.

smarkmouth
01-18-2019, 01:14 PM
I'm wondering if we're getting Beast vs Demon. Great tagline, but it limits them so I hope they go against it. I hope on Monday, Balor tells Heyman that he doesn't need the Demon to beat Brock. Finn can lose after a great fight, which leaves them with a tremendous built-in storyline should their paths cross ever again.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-18-2019, 08:01 PM
^ beast vs demon would be dope. However, I'd hate to see Balor lose while being the demon.

Just my opinion though.

Yaz
01-18-2019, 08:40 PM
I'm wondering if we're getting Beast vs Demon. Great tagline, but it limits them so I hope they go against it. I hope on Monday, Balor tells Heyman that he doesn't need the Demon to beat Brock. Finn can lose after a great fight, which leaves them with a tremendous built-in storyline should their paths cross ever again.

The rumors are that Brock handpicked Balor due to his recent matches with smaller guys getting positive reviews and that Vince doesn't want Balor to use The Demon persona because he wants to keep it undefeated. It would be a really interesting story, but given how much sense those rumors make I tend to believe them. I wanna see Brock sell the Coup De Grace though, he sells body shots like he is literally dying.

smarkmouth
01-19-2019, 07:20 AM
Yeah, that's what I mean by limiting. Either the Demon streak is broken or he wins. Either one doesn't leave much open ended for round two, should it happen

A11
01-19-2019, 07:52 AM
Havent watched a minute of wrestling since I went to super showdown. Will still watch the rumble, which will kindle the spark again and then i'll watch until mania and stop giving a shit two weeks later again...happens every year for the last 6 years I reckon

Y 2 Jake
01-19-2019, 08:20 AM
Balor is a lock to go to Smackdown in the spring, so I don't anticipate The Beast vs. The Demon anytime soon.

DNA 2.0
01-19-2019, 02:30 PM
Great card. It will be the first PPV I'll watch since Survivor Series (the one before that was Wrestlemania 34). I completely left the product this year... It just felt it was going downhill really fast. Let's see how they regroup in time for Wrestlemania.

Y 2 Jake
01-20-2019, 07:39 PM
Bold prediction - Shayna Baszler wins the Rumble.

Smackdown will likely be losing their two biggest female stars which is going to leave a gaping hole in the women's division and there's a logical reason why she wouldn't challenge for the Raw belt.

smarkmouth
01-21-2019, 12:51 PM
Bold prediction - Shayna Baszler wins the Rumble.

Smackdown will likely be losing their two biggest female stars which is going to leave a gaping hole in the women's division and there's a logical reason why she wouldn't challenge for the Raw belt.

I really like this idea. I recently learned Shayna was pushing 40 and don't imagine she'll have many opportunities down the road to be in the main event. With the Ronda connection, she's very marketable. Plus, Shayna vs Asuka? Take my dollars.

Y 2 Jake
01-23-2019, 09:56 AM
McMahon and The Miz win, celebrate like they've won the World Cup, confetti and dollar bills fall from the ceiling, The Bludgeon Brothers return.

Could be a fun feud for Elimination Chamber or whatever show is next.

smarkmouth
01-24-2019, 08:31 AM
Best possible 1 and 2 spot in the Men's Rumble;

Sami and Kevin

OR

Rey and Andrade.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-24-2019, 09:28 AM
smark likes his fellow Montreal guys.

smarkmouth
01-25-2019, 10:49 PM
smark likes his fellow Montreal guys.

Who doesn't love homegrown talent? I'm just blessed that my hometown guys are better than everyone else's.

Yaz
01-26-2019, 12:17 AM
I have to claim home state guys because as a whole, Indiana sucks. Mick Foley was technically born in Indiana before moving to New York. Dory Funk was born there, along with Dory Jr and Terry before they all moved to Texas. Danny Basham and Sharmell were both Indiana born. Sarah Logan was born in Louisville, but grew up across the river in Jeffersonville. Ruby Riott (bae) was born in Michigan but grew up in Indiana.

The only well known wrestler who was born and raised in Indiana was Ultimate Warrior, and he moved to Parts Unknown when he started rasslin.

Anyway, Seth Rollins is my pick to win. He is also the consensus betting favorite. Seth is one of my favorites so I would be more than okay with this, but low key I don't like the idea of them pushing him dethroning Brock at Mania in Roman's honor, which is a rumor I've read more than once.

Other betting favorites are Braun, Drew, and Finn. Kenny Omega is also listed most places with the same odds as Andrade, Miz, and The Rock. Omega has better odds than Kevin Owens, so you know, Montreal sucks. Or as you might say, Montréal est largement surestimée et n’a même pas d’équipe de baseball.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-26-2019, 01:10 AM
Who doesn't love homegrown talent? I'm just blessed that my hometown guys are better than everyone else's.

Never said you are wrong dude!

Y 2 Jake
01-26-2019, 02:45 AM
Seth looks like the favourite but I have to say, he's going in cold after his Ambrose feud.

I'd take the plunge with Drew.

Y 2 Jake
01-27-2019, 01:19 PM
I've just read an article about Ziggler being on hiatus. So expect him to take the #30 spot.

smarkmouth
01-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Just read that Cena's indeed out, possibly poising us to endure the sequel to "well NOW how will i get to wrestlemania?"