PDA

View Full Version : Another WWE Star On The Way Out?

Jack-Hammer
01-17-2019, 12:42 PM
All of a sudden, it looks like there's an attempt at a mass exodus from WWE among talent who're frustrated over how they're used or have been used. The latest rumors circulating is that Dolph Ziggler might be done with WWE soon. Whereas the Revival, Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis have allegedly requested their release, it's being rumored that Dolph Ziggler turned down an offer to transition from being a wrestler to an agent and Nick Nemeth, Ziggler's real name, has reportedly removed all mention of "Dolph Ziggler" from all his social media accounts.

Ziggler has been voicing his frustrations with his WWE career for the majority of the last 10 years or so, yet it's harder to take Ziggler seriously considering he's signed new deals with WWE whenever a current deal expires despite his frustrations, so this could all be complete bull. Ziggler will turn 39 near the end of July and he's never really been a main event guy in WWE, so you have to think that he might ultimately be have a gatekeeper type of role, where he puts over younger talents, if he were to go somewhere else. Of course, the initial feeling is that maybe he's interested in AEW and while that's certainly a possibility, I think Cody & the Bucks have to be careful so as not to get a reputation for hiring WWE cast offs, or "WWE rejects" as you often heard them called when TNA would bring someone in.

Spidey
01-17-2019, 12:48 PM
One of those rumors that sounds like complete bullshit but I hope is true.

Y 2 Jake
01-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Ziggler can have no complaints about his WWE career, especially from the past 9 months.

Sufferin' Succotash
01-17-2019, 03:39 PM
He's been leaving WWE for about 5 years now.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Not a big loss at all.

Jack-Hammer
01-17-2019, 06:59 PM
If Ziggler is leading and if he's been genuinely frustrated, it's kinda hard for me to see why. He's obviously made a lot of money in WWE or I just don't think he'd have stuck around signing new deals with the company all this time, so leaving due to money doesn't really hold a lot of water. The only thing that I can really think of is that Ziggler is someone who's wanted to be a consistent main event level guy, whereby he'd probably wind up making even more money, and he's not been at that level. Generally speaking, Ziggler has never really been above the upper mid-card level, even as World Heavyweight Champion due to the fact that the WHC essentially occupied the Intercontinental Championship's spot on the title tier when you get right down to it as the WHC hadn't been booked to be on the same level as the WWE Championship probably the Undertaker's last run with the title ended. Ziggler has to have known for a good many years now that he wasn't going to be a main eventer in WWE.

If he's leaving and plans to try his luck in AEW, he's not going to be the main event guy there either if that's what he's hoping. He's 38.5 years old and even though he's a good decade younger than Chris Jericho, he's not Chris Jericho in that he doesn't have Jericho's charisma nor has he had nearly as high profile of a career, which were major factors why New Japan was interested in working with him and why AEW wanted him.

Yaz
01-17-2019, 09:16 PM
If only Ziggler could sell tickets to his standup shows like he sells in the ring, then maybe he would have a real outlet for his rage other than Twitter.

The guy has always thought of himself as a bigger star than he is and outside of his MITB cash in, which was one of the bigger pops I have ever heard in fairness to him, his fan support has always been overstated. He has actually had a very fine WWE career, one that would get him into the HOF in a prominent spot. Not one of those Godfather or Rikishi spots, but a solid name like a Mark Henry or a Jake Roberts. Maybe he can go back to fucking Amy Schumer.

DNA 2.0
01-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Ziggler defeated Rollins and became the IC champion and then was involved in a main event scene feud on RAW, at a period where he shouldn't have done either of those things. So wtf Dolph? Instead of using this momentum you suddently have and work your ass off in order to keep it and go higher, you complain yet again? This guy's unbelievable.

Lee
01-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Ziggler's fucking shite and had delusions of grandeur for years. Fuck him.

Prince Vee
01-24-2019, 04:21 AM
I never see anything special in Dolph Ziggler what his supporters see. He's mediocre at the best. I've seen a lot of people challenging to name one bad match Dolph Ziggler had. TBH, all his matches are the same. He oversells everything and comes back with a superkick or Zig Zag. Perhaps in his early days in WWE, he had steller matches but his matches in the past 3 or 4 years are the same. He hasn't tried to widen his repertoire of moves or change his character. He'll still remain the Shawn Michaels wannabe.

Y 2 Jake
01-24-2019, 06:34 AM
Ziggler's favourite HBK match has to be vs. Hogan. It's the only explanation.