PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Crews is now Apollo because...

Lee
02-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Two rumours I've heard:

1) Terry Crews asked for it as he decided WWE should be paying him for using his surname.

2) The Florida killer's surname is Cruz and sounds similar.

John
02-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Usually I don't like these arbitrary name changes (Adrien Neville and Elias Samson spring to mind as changes I disliked) but this one is alright. Apollo is a cool name and anything that might mean the guy gets a push is fine with me.

MF Doom
02-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Hardly fussed on the name change, it won't be long before most new roster wrestlers have a single name.

ShinChan
02-20-2018, 10:52 PM
I don't really get it. Apollo doesn't sound better. Actually, Apollo Crews was better. Unlike Elias, whose name change was perfect for his gimmick, this really sucks for Apollo.

Lee
02-20-2018, 11:53 PM
I don't really get it. Apollo doesn't sound better. Actually, Apollo Crews was better. Unlike Elias, whose name change was perfect for his gimmick, this really sucks for Apollo.

There are two reasons why it's been changed, not much to get.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-20-2018, 11:57 PM
The 2nd one seems the more likely.

I just don't see Terry Crews caring enough to say something

Lee
02-21-2018, 12:03 AM
The 2nd one seems the more likely.

I just don't see Terry Crews caring enough to say something

He did on Twitter. It's whether he was joking or not is another matter.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-21-2018, 12:05 AM
He did on Twitter. It's whether he was joking or not is another matter.
Well that's just silly.

Yaz
02-21-2018, 01:22 AM
The Apollo astronaut crews wanted their residuals.

FalKon
02-21-2018, 01:25 AM
Neville might be leaving WWE so they can give the space gravity gimmick to Apollo. He flies just as well.

ShinChan
02-21-2018, 02:17 AM
What's the deal with Neville? Why he isn't being released if there's no return planned? Or there's a return? I don't really remember what's reported about him. Latest, I mean.

Such a great talent.

Gazprom
02-21-2018, 06:40 AM
The Apollo astronaut crews wanted their residuals.

The Apollo crews were over the moon. Apollo Crews isn't over anywhere. Therefore it had to go.

BaconBits
02-21-2018, 09:29 AM
I doubt there’s any real weird reason for the change other than the fact that WWE hates wrestlers having more than one name. Cesaro, Rusev and Elias are examples of this.

Spidey
02-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Apollo is a name of a god. Maybe there are a few casuals who don't follow wrestling religiously and will think "hey, this guy must be a big deal with a name like that" and tune in/buy a ticket. I can only assume this was the line of reasoning for those named Hercules and Zeus.

ShinChan
02-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Apollo is a name of a god. Maybe there are a few casuals who don't follow wrestling religiously and will think "hey, this guy must be a big deal with a name like that" and tune in/buy a ticket. I can only assume this was the line of reasoning for those named Hercules and Zeus.

What about Dr. Zeus?

Fallout
02-21-2018, 10:13 AM
What about Dr. Zeus?

It did not work out so well for Hades in the end though.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-21-2018, 03:04 PM
It's because wrestling fans like us have very short attention spans so we have to shorten absolutely everything otherwise we uhh, what were we talking about again? Bring back Hulk Hogan!

DNA 2.0
02-27-2018, 05:59 AM
What's the deal with Neville? Why he isn't being released if there's no return planned? Or there's a return? I don't really remember what's reported about him. Latest, I mean.

Such a great talent.

Probably because WWE wants to punish him by not letting him wrestle elsewhere. Hence why there has not been a release.

But nothing's been reported or at least I didn't read anything.

smarkmouth
04-17-2018, 12:52 PM
I didn't notice last night, but it seems Apollo got his Crews back.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/apollo-crews

supermatto64
04-17-2018, 01:01 PM
I didn't notice last night, but it seems Apollo got his Crews back.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/apollo-crews

Oh good, I missed the "Crews Can't Lose" slogan for the one episode of Raw it existed.