PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch On the Road to WrestleMania

FunKay
01-28-2019, 05:04 AM
Ya'll know it; Becky Lynch, after losing to Asuka in the opener last night, took an injured Lana's spot in the women's Rumble and in spite of fatigue and another injury caused by Nia Jax, managed to eliminate Charlotte last to win it all. Later, that same fateful night, Seth Rollins entered the men's Rumble at number 10 and outlasted everyone else to cement his route to a championship match at WrestleMania.

Neither was a totally surprising result, but both offer intriguing and potentially tantalising clashes. Obviously both Becky vs. Ronda (vs. Charlotte?) and Rollins vs. Lesnar have been talked about at length by various outlets, sources and forums, but there is of course the possibility that Becky chases after Asuka or that Rollins defects to Tuesday nights to clash with Daniel Bryan over the WWE Championship. And of course, who says the current title holders will keep their gold headed into the biggest show of the year (alright, the RAW champs are 99.9% holding their titles, but hey, you never know!)?

Its a promising start to the Road to Mania with a lot of potential avenues for the 'E to head down as we forge ahead in the most exciting time of the year! But what sayeth you guys? How would you like Rollins and Lynch's paths to play out? Any preferences on opponents or results? Talk about it down below!

Lee
01-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Rollins should go v Bryan. Smackdown needs that big face outside of Styles and Ali (lol). Plus it'll be a match I want to see.

Spidey
01-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Plenty could be done with a pompous environmentalist and the guy who wants to burn things down. Should go hand in hand.

And Balor vs Brock surprised me. I know I'm a broken record here, but man would I prefer Demon Balor vs. Brock with Brock being this fantasy killer similar to how he went up against Taker compared to Seth or Finn regurgitating Roman's lines from last year.

I'm glad they didn't surprise us with a crazy outcome in the Women's Rumble. Becky Lynch is money.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-28-2019, 12:12 PM
At first I didn't want Rollins to wrestle Bryan, but there's really not anyone else to face Bryan outside of Styles, which has been done enough.

Rollins vs Bryan, Demon Balor vs Lesnar, and Rousey vs Becky (and probably Charlotte) sounds like a great card.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-28-2019, 01:58 PM
I don't understand the love for a Becky vs Charlotte vs Becky triple threat match.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-28-2019, 02:44 PM
I don't understand the love for a Becky vs Charlotte vs Becky triple threat match.

I don't either. Rousey vs Becky would be much better, but I doubt WWE would leave Charlotte out of the match.

Jack-Hammer
01-28-2019, 03:14 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with Rollins vs. Bryan. You know it'd be a great match and a fresh top babyface for the blue brand to challenge Bryan works just fine. If the plan is for Lesnar vs. Rollins, I can honestly say I have zero interest if Lesnar is going to keep the title. The novelty has long ceased to stop being entertaining or interesting and Raw needs a regular, solidified main event title scene, which is something it hasn't had for the better 2 years.

As for Becky, just stay the course and give fans a singles match with Ronda Rousey. A lot of people wanted to see it before and they want to see it even more now since it didn't get to happen at Survivor Series due to the injuries Becky suffered via Nia Jax. There's no need for Charlotte to play third wheel in the match, she lost the Royal Rumble, so just put her up against Asuka in a WrestleMania rematch with the story being Charlotte wanting to be the 8 time Women's Champion while Asuka looks to redeem herself on the grandest stage of them all where her 2+ year undefeated streak came to an end. This really doesn't have to be anything resembling complicated and adding Charlotte to the match, for me, takes away from the match itself. Besides, on a personal note, it's not as if Charlotte hasn't had he fair share of glorious moments and it's not going to be the end of the world if another woman has one instead, said moment in this case being the first woman to defeat Ronda Rousey in a WWE ring. Charlotte could hang up her boots tomorrow and she'll have had a WWE HOF worthy career so, frankly, I see no real point in stealing Becky's thunder.

Yaz
01-28-2019, 04:41 PM

I don't either. Rousey vs Becky would be much better, but I doubt WWE would leave Charlotte out of the match.

If it happens it will happen because A) Charlotte is the most marketable member of the Women's division not named Ronda. B) Charlotte rarely fails to deliver a memorable match at big time PPVs. C) Charlotte would be given a thank you spot for all the work she has done at the top of the division for years. D) Becky is not nearly as mainstream as Charlotte. Yeah, Becky is the hottest she has ever been right now, but she isn't generating mainstream appeal like Charlotte and Ronda do. Mania is for the casuals, its about the spectacle and seeing Charlotte's names on the marquee is going to draw more people than just Becky's name.

WWE would be asinine to potentially have women main event Wrestlemania for the first time and not put Charlotte in. It may not make the most sense from a story line perspective, especially after 99% of the stuff said about Charlotte by Becky after she turned heel was true and made Becky more of a sympathetic character, but I wouldn't be upset if she went in.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Yaz, you bring up a great argument, I won't lie. However, Charlotte vs Ronda has already happened. Becky vs Ronda has not.

Yaz
01-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Yaz, you bring up a great argument, I won't lie. However, Charlotte vs Ronda has already happened. Becky vs Ronda has not.

Cena vs Rock main evented at back to back Manias.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Cena vs Rock main evented at back to back Manias.

becky hasn't faced ronda though.....

Yaz
01-29-2019, 02:34 AM
becky hasn't faced ronda though.....

Yeah, and honestly I think that would be a fire match for SummerSlam, but at Mania, where casual fans are more important than any other show, you have to throw Charlotte in because Becky isn't as famous.

ShinChan
01-29-2019, 06:15 AM
Yeah, and honestly I think that would be a fire match for SummerSlam, but at Mania, where casual fans are more important than any other show, you have to throw Charlotte in because Becky isn't as famous.
Charlotte has gotten famous by getting bunch of moments all involving around her. Becky needs this particular match to get even bigger as it's like the perfect time. Casual fans will obviously tune into just by the name of Ronda. And I also believe that Becky has gotten more known among the casual fans. She main evented the last PPV of 2018 and now won the Royal Rumble. That's a great exposure.

Adding Charlotte will only affect Becky in a negative way and not Ronda.

smarkmouth
01-29-2019, 11:15 AM
If they can squeeze another date out of Brock, put him and Ronda against Rollins and Lynch at Fastlane.

Y 2 Jake
01-29-2019, 05:06 PM
I would use all of Lesnar and Rousey's dates on getting them on the next series of Mixed Match Challenge.

Yaz
01-29-2019, 05:50 PM
Charlotte has gotten famous by getting bunch of moments all involving around her. Becky needs this particular match to get even bigger as it's like the perfect time. Casual fans will obviously tune into just by the name of Ronda. And I also believe that Becky has gotten more known among the casual fans. She main evented the last PPV of 2018 and now won the Royal Rumble. That's a great exposure.

Adding Charlotte will only affect Becky in a negative way and not Ronda.

Shinsuke won the Royal Rumble and it didn't do much for him. And Charlotte got famous by being the best woman on the roster for a long time.

If they make it a triple threat and Becky overcomes both of them, then it makes Becky look even better.

A11
01-30-2019, 04:50 AM
Charlotte got famous by her last name. Nobody in the modern WWE has the star power to get into the main stream (for a combination of external and internal factors). The name Charlotte Flair pulls people in, not the ability of the person. Ronda is going to pull the casuals in, anybody that is not going to watch wrestlemania is not going to change their viewpoint because Charlotte is in over becky. This is their ONLY chance to make Becky the mainstream star she should be. And its not going to happen becuase of the external factors that you could argue about for hours

FunKay
01-30-2019, 07:06 AM
As far as I'm aware, most people consider Becky/Ronda to be their preferred match, but aren't exactly upset Charlotte's going to be in there, because of the points Yaz has expertly laid out through the thread. From WWE's perspective, it makes sense. Not to forget the fact that should it main event, it'd cement the legacies of both Charlotte and Becky as the first main female main eventers in the history of Mania (Ronda too, but she's Ronda bloody Rousey and already has the MMA legacy and mainstream appeal).

I think it's very telling that in this thread we've been largely talking about the female match, and that shows just how hot that aspect of WWE has become in the past 12 months especially. WWE do a lot of terrible things and are deeply misguided in many aspects, but the main event scenes of the women's division have been stellar for much of the last year.

Rollins/Lesnar is fine for me too as long as Rollins gets to slay the beast. They've done an admirable job of cementing him as the workhorse of RAW and the "best wrestler" on the brand via his IC title reigns and lengthy performances. Just... please have him beat Brock. A major issue in the absence of Roman Reigns is that because they invested so hard in Roman, they neglected everyone else and as such, we're in a situation whereby the gap between Brock and 99% of the rest of the roster as credible challengers is ludicrous. Rollins is currently in the 1% and should be the guy to take down Brock. The fact there's doubt should lead to a fun fight between the two... as long as the right guy wins.

Fire Marshall Bill
01-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Just to come at it from a different perspective, if you take Charlotte out of the Smackdown Womenâ??s Championship match, it becomes a complete throw away. Argue all you want about Charlotte vs. Beckyâ??s drawing power, but in the past few months, I might be able to think of 1 time Charlotte has been brought up outside of WWE. I can recall multiple times just in the past few weeks Becky has.

The point is, theyâ??re comparable at least. Asuka isnâ??t even in their atmosphere. So unless theyâ??re going to bring Nikki Bella back, Charlotteâ??s the only thing that would save that match.

mrluck_07
01-31-2019, 12:29 AM
Just to come at it from a different perspective, if you take Charlotte out of the Smackdown Womenâ??s Championship match, it becomes a complete throw away. Argue all you want about Charlotte vs. Beckyâ??s drawing power, but in the past few months, I might be able to think of 1 time Charlotte has been brought up outside of WWE. I can recall multiple times just in the past few weeks Becky has.

The point is, theyâ??re comparable at least. Asuka isnâ??t even in their atmosphere. So unless theyâ??re going to bring Nikki Bella back, Charlotteâ??s the only thing that would save that match.

Charlotte's had more mainstream media spots. I'd prefer Rousey/Flair but the match being a triple threat is cool w/ me. One cool tidbit is that Flair would have the distinction of being the first child of a past WM headliner to headline WM.

OYDK
01-31-2019, 03:47 PM
The only reason Charlotte is going to be added to the Mania match is because WWE is terrified of making any history in women's wrestling without including her. She's the first woman (along with Sasha) to main event a PPV, she's tied with Trish for the most Women's title reigns in history, she was in the first Women's Hell in a Cell, she ended Asuka's record-breaking undefeated streak at Mania, she was the first Women's champion after the introduction of the new belt, and there's probably more accolades that I'm missing. The money match is Rousey/Becky right now, but I don't think there's any way in hell they have women main event Mania for the first time ever and not have Charlotte there.

In my view, Becky is on her Stone Cold run right now and though I don't really like using this word all that much, she deserves the spotlight of a one-on-one match with Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania. If you want to make her a true face of the brand, then you put the attention solely on her. Adding Flair does not maximize Lynch's star potential; in the long-run, it will limit it. It would be like adding a third guy to the Austin/Michaels match at Mania 14, or the Warrior/Hogan match at Mania 6, or the Cena/JBL match at Mania 21. It takes away from the true person you're trying to build. I don't know, that's my view anyway, but I'll be shocked if they let women main event a Mania without Charlotte Flair.

Y 2 Jake
01-31-2019, 04:12 PM
I dunno. Charlotte wasn't in the first Rumble or Chamber. I think it's just a case of her being their favourite, marketable as Flair's daughter and she's who they want to lead the division for the next 5-10 years.

OYDK
01-31-2019, 04:28 PM
I dunno. Charlotte wasn't in the first Rumble or Chamber. I think it's just a case of her being their favourite, marketable as Flair's daughter and she's who they want to lead the division for the next 5-10 years.

100%. But this still isn't her match.

ShinChan
02-01-2019, 12:49 AM
That's because she was the champion on both the occasions. So goes any chance of being in Royal Rumble. And Smackdown didn't have any elimination chamber match where she could be in it.