Lee
01-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Change my mind.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 05:14 PM
You're just too PC.

klunderbunker
01-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Not related to Jack-Hammer, but I've always found the use of the word homophobic interesting. For example, I have an uncle who can't stand gay people. I certainly wouldn't say he's scared of them, but he can't stand them. He would certainly be described as homophobic, but that's not really accurate given the situation. More like homo......hating I guess?

Yaz
01-30-2019, 06:58 PM
That is a very fair point that I've heard discussed a few times.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-30-2019, 07:28 PM
Not sure if serious.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 10:18 PM
100% serious.

ABMorales787
01-30-2019, 10:27 PM
Not related to Jack-Hammer, but I've always found the use of the word homophobic interesting. For example, I have an uncle who can't stand gay people. I certainly wouldn't say he's scared of them, but he can't stand them. He would certainly be described as homophobic, but that's not really accurate given the situation. More like homo......hating I guess?

Heterosexist.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 10:38 PM
Heterosexist.

We already know where you stand on the subject you backstabber.

ABMorales787
01-30-2019, 10:43 PM
We already know where you stand on the subject you backstabber.

I'll have you know I'm omnisexual and I have a partner. Called VICTORY.

Yaz
01-30-2019, 11:25 PM
I'll have you know I'm omnisexual and I have a partner. Called VICTORY.

That's a funny name for a three dollar hooker.

klunderbunker
01-31-2019, 08:07 AM
That's a funny name for a three dollar hooker.

Trouble in paradise?

Lee
01-31-2019, 10:27 AM
Not sure if serious.

Have you ever read his posts?

ABMorales787
01-31-2019, 10:54 AM
Trouble in paradise?

The fucker just decided he could win two titles. So I took one. He's still sore.

Yaz
01-31-2019, 12:29 PM
The fucker just decided he could win two titles. So I took one. He's still sore.

If you only knew how sore.

But yeah, JH hates the gays.

klunderbunker
01-31-2019, 04:55 PM

....why does everything with you two involve one of you being sore and f****** in some way? Get better lube already.

Yaz
01-31-2019, 06:56 PM
There is no lube for a broken heart.

klunderbunker
01-31-2019, 07:13 PM
There is no lube for a broken heart.

If you're going into his heart, I think I get the pain.....and a need for pics.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-01-2019, 02:30 PM
The Jury has not rested, there is insufficient evidence to support this claim of homophobic behavior. We will need to see copy and pasted proof before we can proceed.

Spidey
02-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Bought the ticket, might as well take the ride.

https://i.ibb.co/kggy3Cr/thefuck.png

jmt225
02-01-2019, 11:04 PM
So saying the word "dyke" makes a person homophobic now? Isn't "dyke" just a way to describe a masculine lesbian?

I just Google'd the word "dyke" and Google's definition is simply "lesbian." Nothing is mentioned about it being derogatory or offensive.

If the only reason you want to label a person "homophobic" is because they loosely used the word "dyke," then I think you're a bit off base. Maybe there's more evidence than this though?

Lee
02-02-2019, 02:16 AM
Dyke's like the big no. It's offensive. Very offensive. When you google it it literally says "Noun, informal, offensive" but why let that get in the way of your awful argument.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-02-2019, 03:38 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyke_(slang)

We find the defendant, not guilty due to very weak evidence so far. Please proceed with better evidence to keep this trial going.

A11
02-02-2019, 04:02 AM
Very strong accusation when things like fag and gay are very much just common slurs that aren't necessarily meant to refer to sexuality (not saying that is how it should be or makes it okay). Essentially its going to boil down to intent, does JH mean to insult. From there its a debate about as KB says is he actually afraid of gay people

Lee
02-02-2019, 04:33 AM
Very strong accusation when things like fag and gay are very much just common slurs that aren't necessarily meant to refer to sexuality (not saying that is how it should be or makes it okay). Essentially its going to boil down to intent, does JH mean to insult. From there its a debate about as KB says is he actually afraid of gay people

But dyke is not one of those words. It's only ever said in the context of insult.

Lee
02-02-2019, 04:49 AM
Like he called WWE's first openly lesbian wrestler a dyke. How is that NOT meant to infer sexuality?

FunKay
02-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Yeah I'm gonna definetly side with Lee here. As someone who, when they were much younger admittedly, used that word to describe a girl in my school and got the piss slapped out of me, I can confirm it is considered extremely offensive. Maybe it wasn't intended to be offensive because a lot of you guys seem to lack the comprehension that it isn't, in which case, let's hope everyone uses this oppertunity to better understand how hurtful they can be without realising it.

Jack-Hammer
02-02-2019, 07:29 AM
My internet connection goes down for a few days and things go haywire.

An anti-gay slur wasn't my intention and I apologize if that's what some inferred. To me, "dyke" is just a generic way to refer to all lesbians and it's probably something I picked up from my first cousin, Nicole. She came out when she was 16, she's 32 now, and she, her wife/spouse, and all their other friends frequently refer to themselves as "dykes."

She moved back from Ohio for her job, she's lived in Ohio for the last 10 years, so we really haven't had that much of a chance to talk as much as we used to the past several years. She got married to her partner of 7 years on New Year's Day and we were talking about this and that and she said a lot of her "dyke" friends were part of the wedding party and I remembered that I wanted to talk to her about it. It's somewhat obscure, I can't remember the last time I heard someone say it apart from her or her wife/spouse/partner, or whichever term you choose to use. I asked if that wasn't like the N word for lesbians and she said that not really as, since the 70s, the lesbian community has adopted the word as a means of describing women who're strong, assertive, ambitious, authoritative for women gay or straight or just as a general word for lesbians or lesbianism in and of itself.

I'm not homophobic and never will be. Again, I'm sorry if that's how it came across and it certainly wasn't my intention. When I saw this, I did a little research and while it's still considered a slur in some circles, it's not as widely seen that way anymore but, again, I screwed up and should have avoided the term altogether.

I do sincerely apologize, it wasn't my intention to slur the gay community. I don't hate gays, I'm not afraid of guys.

klunderbunker
02-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Had I still been admin, I would have infracted him too. I don't know if I would have banned him due to his status on WZF, but it definitely would have been an infraction and a discussion via PM. That being said, I get why he was banned and I don't know if I would have argued against it.

Slyfox696
02-02-2019, 09:08 AM
But dyke is not one of those words. It's only ever said in the context of insult.Unless you spell it as "dike". Then it is not offensive at all...;)

An anti-gay slur wasn't my intention and I apologize if that's what some inferred. To me, "dyke" is just a generic way to refer to all lesbians and it's probably something I picked up from my first cousin, Nicole. She came out when she was 16, she's 32 now, and she, her wife/spouse, and all their other friends frequently refer to themselves as "dykes."

She moved back from Ohio for her job, she's lived in Ohio for the last 10 years, so we really haven't had that much of a chance to talk as much as we used to the past several years. She got married to her partner of 7 years on New Year's Day and we were talking about this and that and she said a lot of her "dyke" friends were part of the wedding party and I remembered that I wanted to talk to her about it. It's somewhat obscure, I can't remember the last time I heard someone say it apart from her or her wife/spouse/partner, or whichever term you choose to use. I asked if that wasn't like the N word for lesbians and she said that not really as, since the 70s, the lesbian community has adopted the word as a means of describing women who're strong, assertive, ambitious, authoritative for women gay or straight or just as a general word for lesbians or lesbianism in and of itself.

I'm not homophobic and never will be. Again, I'm sorry if that's how it came across and it certainly wasn't my intention. When I saw this, I did a little research and while it's still considered a slur in some circles, it's not as widely seen that way anymore but, again, I screwed up and should have avoided the term altogether.

I do sincerely apologize, it wasn't my intention to slur the gay community. I don't hate gays, I'm not afraid of guys.

Hey, if you sincerely mean this, then I say good for you. If you genuinely meant no offense, then you've apologized and hopefully learned something so you never repeat the mistake.

Also, just to clarify, to a large percentage of people, the word is used in an offensive manner. Even if your cousin does not see it that way, many people (gay or not) do see it in similar terms as the word "nigger".

Oh, and this isn't WZ, you can say the word "nigger" here, as long as you're discussing it in a matter of fact sense and not as an insult.

Had I still been admin, I would have infracted him too. I don't know if I would have banned him due to his status on WZF, but it definitely would have been an infraction and a discussion via PM. That being said, I get why he was banned and I don't know if I would have argued against it.
Meh, I don't think I would have. I probably would have removed the offending portion and shot him a PM that said "Hey, not cool man". If you removed that word and replaced it with "butch", there is absolutely nothing else in that post to even come close to suggesting it had malice in it. And if a guy with 13,000+ messages over the course of nearly 10 years is the one saying it, with no real history to suggest it is a pattern, sometimes you just need to give the benefit of the doubt a little.

Slyfox696
02-02-2019, 09:09 AM
On a completely random and totally unrelated sidenote, I really do not like the little emoticons (;)) on this forum. I really should say something to one of the administrators about that...

ABMorales787
02-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Thing is, as a mod, I couldn't infract him. I actually had to de-mod him TWICE and the "Warn" option still wasn't appearing. So, even if I wanted to give him a lighter punishment, I couldn't.

Lee
02-02-2019, 10:00 AM

That's a lie because it showed you viewed the thread yesterday. We can see that on this forum.

ABMorales787
02-02-2019, 10:08 AM

The big part of it is how it was for the most part a rather pointless adjetive to add. Her character on television is not acknowledged as a lesbian so when you described her at such, it came off worse than it already was. As for the harshness of the punishment, as stated above, I actually HAD to take your status to do ANYTHING resembling a punishment and even then some.

I'm glad you apologized. For now, serve the suspension and then we'll see what we'll do.

Lee
02-02-2019, 10:25 AM
When I saw this, I did a little research and while it's still considered a slur in some circles, it's not as widely seen that way anymore but...

He actually said that.

Spidey
02-02-2019, 10:26 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyke_(slang)

We find the defendant, not guilty due to very weak evidence so far. Please proceed with better evidence to keep this trial going.

He'll get the chair with your defense. :lmao:

jmt225
02-02-2019, 02:35 PM
I honestly didn't even know Sonya Deville is gay lol, nor could I care less. I thought he was just referencing to Sonya being Mandy's big bad protector (the Diesel to her Shawn, so to speak), so I do see how the post could raise eyebrows now.

But I can't stand when people are labeled as "homophobic" or "racist" or "sexist" without real genuine solid proof. Those labels cause people to get fired from their jobs. Sure, a lot of times it's warranted. People are stupid on the internet and get what's coming to them when they troll the wrong person or say unbelievably offensive things.

However, to see someone use the word "dyke" and then create a thread labeling that person as homophobic with that being your only evidence when we've known the guy for 10 years and haven't once thought of him in any negative fashion is RIDICULOUS.

You could have just as easily brought attention to Jack's post without labeling him as a sure fire homophobic asshole, Lee. But no, you went right for the jugular and false narrative instead of trying to see what he really meant by it. Your intent with this thread was way more malicious than anything in Jack's post, and you're the one who should be apologizing next.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-02-2019, 02:54 PM
*Grabs popcorn*

Lee
02-02-2019, 02:57 PM
I honestly didn't even know Sonya Deville is gay lol, nor could I care less. I thought he was just referencing to Sonya being Mandy's big bad protector (the Diesel to her Shawn, so to speak), so I do see how the post could raise eyebrows now.

But I can't stand when people are labeled as "homophobic" or "racist" or "sexist" without real genuine solid proof. Those labels cause people to get fired from their jobs. Sure, a lot of times it's warranted. People are stupid on the internet and get what's coming to them when they troll the wrong person or say unbelievably offensive things.

However, to see someone use the word "dyke" and then create a thread labeling that person as homophobic with that being your only evidence when we've known the guy for 10 years and haven't once thought of him in any negative fashion is RIDICULOUS.

You could have just as easily brought attention to Jack's post without labeling him as a sure fire homophobic asshole, Lee. But no, you went right for the jugular and false narrative instead of trying to see what he really meant by it. Your intent with this thread was way more malicious than anything in Jack's post, and you're the one who should be apologizing next.

I should apologise because Jack Hammer called someone who is openly gay a dyke? Right dude.

Spidey
02-02-2019, 03:06 PM
I should apologise because Jack Hammer called someone who is openly gay a dyke? Right dude.

How fucking dare you. Out here calling people homophobes because they make homophobic remarks.

Is there no low for you people?

Lee
02-02-2019, 03:08 PM
How fucking dare you. Out here calling people homophobes because they make homophobic remarks.

Is there no low for you people?

I, for one, am outraged I was not called a Snowflake.

Dave
02-02-2019, 03:16 PM
This whole thread is what's wrong with the world these days. Seriously.

Spidey
02-02-2019, 03:29 PM
Agreed. If I could point at all the problems facing the world, it's calling people out on gay bashing that I'd shake my stick at.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Agreed. If I could point at all the problems facing the world, it's calling people out on gay bashing that I'd shake my stick at.

I don't know if Jack-Hammer is homophobic, but one remark (that some don't even find offensive) in 10 years isn't enough for me to make such a strong allegation.

Lee
02-02-2019, 03:36 PM
I don't know if Jack-Hammer is homophobic, but one remark (that some don't even find offensive) in 10 years isn't enough for me to make such a strong allegation.

Well done you took a line that JMT said.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Well done you took a line that JMT said.

It's just how I feel. I don't think you guys were wrong to call out Jack-Hammer, but I also don't think he truly meant anything by it.

Lee
02-02-2019, 03:42 PM
My point of the thread was jovial really by the "change my mind" a well known meme on the internet.

JH has apologised so I take that as what it was, a sincere apology. But if you morons think it's ok to call an openly gay wrestler dyke you need to have a think about it.

Jack-Hammer
02-02-2019, 04:19 PM
That's a lie because it showed you viewed the thread yesterday. We can see that on this forum.

I've been having connections issues. I was briefly able to get on yesterday but for most of the past few days, I've had no service.

I made a mistake and I apologized for it. You already had your mind made up before even hearing about my side but, in all honesty, your opinion means nothing to me. You don't know me or anything about me, you just made assumptions and you're sticking with them no matter what. If that's what you choose to do, then fine. I do again apologize for it because I said something that, looking back on it, I just didn't think on it and it came back to bite me in the ass because it just didn't click at the time. I fucked up and I feel bad about it because it was lousy, not because you think that I should feel badly about it.

Spidey
02-02-2019, 04:22 PM

I'm on your side bro. Like you said, some don't even find it offensive. We're golden.

Dave
02-02-2019, 04:23 PM

Good.

jmt225
02-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Hey Lee, should I go search WZ and see what kind of old posts you have? Do you remember the kind of poster you were at one time?

I'd be willing to bet that I'd find WAY more offensive posts (perhaps "homophobic" even) from you then I would from Jack Hammer's post history.

If I go through the trouble, I expect an apology for every posts that I'm personally offended by and would assume most of the World would be offended by.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-02-2019, 07:08 PM
I'd be willing to bet that I'd find WAY more offensive posts (perhaps "homophobic" even) from you then I would from Jack Hammer's post history.

Uhhh.... no?

Lee
02-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Hey Lee, should I go search WZ and see what kind of old posts you have? Do you remember the kind of poster you were at one time?

If I go through the trouble, I expect an apology for every posts that I'm personally offended by and would assume most of the World would be offended by.

I've never called a lesbian a dyke.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-03-2019, 09:39 AM
https://youtu.be/iwBR0qwHZBA

John
02-07-2019, 11:38 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyke_March

Spidey
02-08-2019, 01:50 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reappropriation