PDA

View Full Version : Moral Foundations Test

Fallout
02-21-2018, 07:30 AM
https://www.idrlabs.com/morality/6/test.php

This I've found to be a very interesting alternative to the bog-standard political compass test. It's a great indication of where people tend to place their moral values, and how these morals can influence our decision making on a political level. I'd strongly recommend you check it out and post your results here. I did the test a while ago, but unfortunately, I lost my results. I think I was in the 70's for care and fairness, the 50's for purity and liberty and 20's for everything else.

Also, I adore Jonathan Haidt. He's one of the few active social commentators that isn't trying to shove an agenda down people's throat, but is actually trying to help bridge the divide between people solely based on their political and religious beliefs.

HBK-aholic
02-21-2018, 08:03 AM

To the surprise of no one.

Fallout
02-21-2018, 08:14 AM

To the surprise of no one.

That's quite similar to mine in the grand scheme of things. I got matched as a left-liberal, which I think is far more accurate for me than being a conservative or libertarian.

Yaz
02-21-2018, 12:22 PM
https://www.idrlabs.com/graphic/morality-6-bar?p=97,83,42,36,44,53&l=EN

Your scores:

Care 97%
Loyalty 42%
Fairness 83%
Authority 36%
Purity 44%

Liberty 53%

Your strongest moral foundation is Care.

Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

BaconBits
02-21-2018, 12:43 PM

Considering I really sit in the center but lean slightly right, this kinda makes sense.

supermatto64
02-21-2018, 01:55 PM

Your scores:

Care 67%
Loyalty 44%
Fairness 50%
Authority 50%
Purity 44%
Liberty 56%

Spidey
02-22-2018, 12:16 AM

Your scores:

Care 78%
Fairness 69%
Loyalty 44%
Authority 50%
Purity 61%
Liberty 50%

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-23-2018, 08:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/02m2ZhF.png
Seems about right

Slyfox696
02-23-2018, 10:47 PM
I'm on question 11 and....what depraved mind thought of these questions?

CyberPunk
02-28-2018, 10:27 AM

This is about accurate for me.

Fallout
02-28-2018, 12:19 PM
I'm on question 11 and....what depraved mind thought of these questions?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/871710721888759809/eU84qlAS_400x400.jpg

SD619
02-28-2018, 12:39 PM
This is what I got:

"You have no one strongest moral foundation.

Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal."

Slyfox696
02-28-2018, 01:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/871710721888759809/eU84qlAS_400x400.jpg

I quit whenever I was asked if I had a problem with someone creating a sex doll of their niece.

Fallout
02-28-2018, 01:19 PM
I quit whenever I was asked if I had a problem with someone creating a sex doll of their niece.

You'd be surprised with the amount of people who want to talk about incest, whether positive or negative.

Lee
02-28-2018, 07:33 PM
https://www.idrlabs.com/graphic/morality-6-bar?p=94,86,36,50,58,47&l=EN

Your scores:

Care 94%
Loyalty 36%
Fairness 86%
Authority 50%
Purity 58%

Liberty 47%

https://www.idrlabs.com/morality/6/34-31-13-18-21-17/pie.png

CyberPunk
03-01-2018, 08:00 AM
As repulsed I was by that question, it boiled down to this for me, "Would I care if someone actually did that?"

klunderbunker
03-01-2018, 11:55 PM
Am I missing something or is this almost always winding up with care being the most important thing and almost everyone being a left liberal? It's almost like this test is fairly dumb.

Is it ok to have a brother and sister sleep together or for a man to kill a baby rabbit on TV?

And now it's just weird and a waste of my time.

BaconBits
03-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Am I missing something or is this almost always winding up with care being the most important thing and almost everyone being a left liberal? It's almost like this test is fairly dumb.

Is it ok to have a brother and sister sleep together or for a man to kill a baby rabbit on TV?

And now it's just weird and a waste of my time.

Care was my most important thing, too. Says I'm a conservative (which I kinda am).

I just took it again. Answered all the questions the same way I did before. Now says I'm a liberal.

This test is pants on head retarded.

Fallout
03-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Disagree with both of you. The test has issues, but are we really going to complain about the questions considering the only metric is to measure moral displeasure and after that, to offer potential correlation with political views? (something which has been extensively studied by Haidt in his 2012 book, The Righteous Mind by the way) I've seen plenty of other results where care was not the top result, and people have been indicated as libertarians and conservatives.

Also, Bacon, didn't you say you were a centrist? Would make sense if you got different results both times.

BaconBits
03-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Disagree with both of you. The test has issues, but are we really going to complain about the questions considering the only metric is to measure moral displeasure and after that, to offer potential correlation with political views? (something which has been extensively studied by Haidt in his 2012 book, The Righteous Mind by the way) I've seen plenty of other results where care was not the top result, and people have been indicated as libertarians and conservatives.

Also, Bacon, didn't you say you were a centrist? Would make sense if you got different results both times.

I am more of a centrist with slight right leanings than anything, and I honestly don't really care what this test declares I am. It is a pretty solid time waster on what is a hilariously slow day at work.

But seriously, answering the same questions the same way as I did the first time netted me a different result.

Fallout
03-02-2018, 09:55 AM
I am more of a centrist with slight right leanings than anything, and I honestly don't really care what this test declares I am. It is a pretty solid time waster on what is a hilariously slow day at work.

But seriously, answering the same questions the same way as I did the first time netted me a different result.

That's fair enough. Considering how horrendous some of the political compasses are out there, (I'm a centrist with slight left leanings, and one test thought I was close to being a neo-nazi.) I like a test that tries to explain why someone might hold the views they do. It's why I'm interested in getting into psychology.

And that's bizarre. Maybe the results are shifted by aggregates from other people who take the test. Either way, I don't think that's a very good metric.

Jack-Hammer
03-02-2018, 02:50 PM
https://www.idrlabs.com/graphic/morality-6-bar?p=97,86,44,39,56,56&l=EN

Your Scores:

Care - 97
Fairness - 86
Loyalty - 44
Authority - 39
Purity - 56
Liberty - 56

Generally speaking, I'd say that's pretty much on the nose.

Spidey
03-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Seriously though, who doesn't care about some nasty fucker porking a niece doll?

klunderbunker
03-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Seriously though, who doesn't care about some nasty fucker porking a niece doll?

Probably not the person who made this creepy thing.

CyberPunk
03-03-2018, 07:52 AM
My strongest moral foundation was liberty and I turned out to be a libertarian.

I'll try it again at some point and see if I get a different result. It's a way to kill time for me between projects.

Fallout
03-03-2018, 08:08 AM

http://www.kcactive.com/news/newsfeat/082611/ronpaulinside.jpg

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-03-2018, 10:29 AM
I don't know if I took the right test. It said I was - INFP-

Fallout
03-03-2018, 12:22 PM
I don't know if I took the right test. It said I was - INFP-

Join the club.

A11
03-04-2018, 05:10 PM
I dont really think moral tests can be broken down into simple i kinda agree with this, i kinda dont agree with this. Morality and ethics are complex issues that can have justifications either way. I'm currently taking a course in my degree on the principles of responsible business and part of it is looking at moral issues, the lecturer told the story of Bob Hawke running away from his marriage with his autobiographer once his term as prime minister of australia was over. Which is a terrible thing on the surface but I made the argument that by waiting until his political career was finished he spared his current wife at the time the displeasure of having to go through a very public divorce. Basically, I believe that at some level every action has a justification that people can understand at some point.

Any way I got told by the test that
Your scores:
Care 64%
Loyalty 53%
Fairness 69%
Authority 36%
Purity 61%
Liberty 75%
Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.

Your morality is closest to that of a Conservative.

I completely disagree with this observation, loyalty and trust would be the single most important thing to me and I'm definitely not a conservative. I dont care about things like someone dating someone their friend said not to. Which would sound like I'm not loyal but that's not my definition of loyalty

Fallout
03-23-2018, 06:00 AM
Did the test again.

Care 56%
Loyalty 11%
Fairness 72%
Authority 22%
Purity 42%
Liberty 89%
Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.

Your morality is closest to that of a Libertarian.

Weird result. I'd say I'm definitely libertarian on certain social issues, such as freedom of speech, but economically, I support a mixed economy, with a "trident" strategy when it comes to public spending, prioritising healthcare, education and emergency services, such as the police. I'm surprised my care wasn't higher either, but it might have been because I was highly adverse to people using the law to punish others based upon their personal moral principles, which boosted my liberty score.

EDIT:
Liberty: This foundation is related to the individual's need to be his own master and to avoid the dominant social mores imposed by the group. It underlies the virtues of independence and autonomy. It is tied to emotions such as self-sufficiency and defiance. Libertarians typically score the highest on this dimension, conservatives the second-highest, and left-liberals the lowest.

This makes more sense. I'm extremely supportive of people forging their own path in life, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others. I also don't have issues speaking up against the norm to articulate my opinion when necessary (as some of you can attest to :P)