PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown Live LD, March 5th 2019 - Fighting for My Family

FunKay
03-05-2019, 10:11 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/7f122eabe145380db4f24d46e741022d/tenor.gif
Yup, I think that's how we all feel Kev...

Last week was a gut punch. Kofi Kingston was seconds from signing the contract that would've secured his first ever one-on-one WWE Championship match at Fastlane. Then (<INSERT GRAVEL HERE>) Vincent Kennedy McMahon did the unthinkable. He told the red hot Kofi that while he respected all the veteran had done, he "wasn't deserving" of a title match. Sonofa... Then who? Enter Kevin Owens! The crowd shocked, E. and Woods livid, Kofi heartbroken. And so it came to pass that Kevin Owens now occupies the number one contender spot opposite Daniel Bryan in the title match this Sunday. Ugh... Owens and Kofi did team up to defeat Bryan and his heavy, Rowan, in the night's main event, KO even cementing his version of the Stunner as a new finisher, pinning Bryan and legitimising his threat to the title. How will this all play out? What of Owens the family man? Will Kofi's brethren in The New Day have something to say? And how will Bryan respond to being pinned by two different contenders in as many weeks?

Elsewhere, R-Truth retained the United States Championship in a short but fun triple threat involving Rey Mysterio and Andrade "Cien" Almas. He's following in his inspiration John Cena's footsteps by issuing yet another open challenge this week which you just know is going to be hysterical. Shane McMahon needs to help build The Miz's confidence back up as they head into their rematch opposite those mean and nasty Usos for the blue and silver straps on Sunday. And will we see some plot development with the burgeoning issue between Randall Keith Orton and Allen Jones Styles? Time will tell...

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Kevin Owens as a face is actually working. Wow.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-05-2019, 06:17 PM
I still can't stand him at all.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Side note: let's go Wake Forest.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 06:40 PM
R-Truth is better than everything on Raw

MF Doom
03-05-2019, 06:47 PM
I want Joe to win but also know how badly United States Champions are used

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Itttttsssss aaaaabbboooouuuuttt tttiiiimmmeeee!!!!

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Sources: The WWE Universe is beside itself. Driving around downtown Connecticut begging (thru text) the McMahon family for address to WWE headquarters

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Joe vs Cena at WrestleMania

Skairipa
03-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Sources: The WWE Universe is beside itself. Driving around downtown Connecticut begging (thru text) the McMahon family for address to WWE headquarters

It's not hard to find, I've passed it a few times on the highway.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Putting Aleister Black and Ricochet together is just lazy.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Fatal 4-way Ladder match at WrestleMania with the Usos?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Mysterio vs Almas should be on the main show.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Kevin Owens and Mustafa Ali vs Daniel Bryan and Erick Rowan. Imagine telling that to someone a couple of months ago.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:52 PM
The Raw Women's Championship main events Smackdown. Ok then.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-05-2019, 07:52 PM
At this point they should just make The Smackdown Womans belt an Smackdown Womans Intercontinental Championship. It has zero build towards Mania, zero attention from anything. The Raw belt gets more attention during a SD show.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Why haven't they at least dropped the injury angle?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Tonight was a really good show overall. My only real complaint was putting Mysterio vs Almas on the pre-show, but IF they're only doing it to draw some interest on the pre-show, then I guess I'm ok with it. Smackdown continues to be MUCH better and more enjoyable than Raw.

klunderbunker
03-05-2019, 08:25 PM
Smackdown
Date: March 5, 2019
Location: Mohegan-Sun Arena At Casey Place, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Commentators: Tom Phillips, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton

It’s the go home show for Fastlane and as of last night, it seems that the company actually cares about the show for a change. This week is focusing on the build towards the pay per view, though there is also another US Open Challenge. There’s a good chance that is going to lead to something on Sunday though, which is acceptable enough. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

But What About The McMahons? (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/03/05/smackdown-march-5-2019-but-what-about-the-mcmahons/)

#AbsoluteUnit
03-05-2019, 09:22 PM
I don't mean to seem rude, I forgot Asuka was still employed.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 09:37 PM
I don't mean to seem rude, I forgot Asuka was still employed.

Asuka is a good example of why winning streaks aren't a good idea in WWE. Yes she looked like a killer during the streak, but WWE had no clue what to do after she lost to Charlotte. Well actually they jobbed her out to Carmella, but that didn't do her too many favors.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Same with Rusev, unbeatable monster until John Cena. Then struggled to recover for the longest time.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-05-2019, 09:57 PM
Asuka is a good example of why winning streaks aren't a good idea in WWE. Yes she looked like a killer during the streak, but WWE had no clue what to do after she lost to Charlotte. Well actually they jobbed her out to Carmella, but that didn't do her too many favors.

Right, no disagreement here. I must've gotten caught up in the whack as hell triple threat between Charlotte, Ronda and Becky. My bad.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Right, no disagreement here. I must've gotten caught up in the whack as hell triple threat between Charlotte, Ronda and Becky. My bad.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I'm a big fan of Asuka, but her current title reign has been very forgettable.