PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Murphy a part of 205 Live

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-21-2018, 02:21 PM
I just got done watching his match woth baby Davari and i have to say I'm impressed. A lot better than he was the last time I've seen him.

He won't win the tournament but i can see him holding the CW title down the road and I'm excited to see him get there. Which is surprising as I've never cared for his NxT run tag or singles competition

Anyone else impressed or is it just me?

Yaz
02-21-2018, 08:52 PM
The most impressive thing about Buddy Murphy is he managed to convince Alexa Bliss to get engaged.

He isn't bad, but he is just rather pedestrian in everything he does. Nothing about him really stands out. He can put on serviceable matches, cut a promo that won't make you want to clog your ears, and has an okay look, but like I said he is just so average. A good hand to have for sure and if truly is under 205 and can stay there then he will have a spot in the division as an enhancement talent, but I think that is his peak.

FalKon
02-21-2018, 09:54 PM
I am excited to see another Australian on the main roster. I wish him all the best. He's got some excellent potential.

If you haven't checked out 205 Live yet, please do. It has really upped its game recently and you should really take the time out to watch it over SmackDown Live. The crowd sucks, sure, but the story is NXT level of great. Daivari and Murphy had an excellent match for the main event and got the crowd pumping.

Uncle Sam
02-22-2018, 03:06 AM
Frequent viewers of NXT (that is to say myself, NorCal... probably a handful of others) earmarked Buddy Murphy as one of the more underutilised wrestlers, both during his BAMF days and during the subsequent, admittedly underwhelming break-up. I'd assumed the worst after he disappeared what might have just been a year ago but what feels like ten. It's encouraging to see him resurface, in better shape than ever, and seemingly with an actual purpose. A bold prediction: he'll do better on 205 Live than Hideo Itami will.

Theo
02-25-2018, 03:25 AM
Murphy has always been a personal favorite of mine from NXT. Wish they went somewhere with the Bloody Murphy thing they were doing at NXT live events.

I think he's gonna do well on 205. Ultimately I see him making it to the final four before losing to Gulak.

Skairipa
02-26-2018, 01:03 PM
I was impressed by his 205 live debut, he brought a lot of energy to the match and could be a nice piece for the cruiserweight division moving forward. I don't think he's going to win the tournament, I don't even think he'll reach the finals, but I could see him winning the belt at some point this year. I'll be interested to see how he does when he cuts a promo and has some talking segments because if he can deliver there he should have a bright future.