PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 35: WWE Women's Tag Team Championship

Jack-Hammer
03-26-2019, 07:34 AM
Less than two weeks out from WrestleMania and we have our first official multi-person match. Sasha Banks & Bayley will defend the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship against Nia Jax & Tamina, Natalya & Beth Phoenix and the IIconics. Unless WWE is deciding to forego men's tag title matches this year and just have all the teams as part of the ATGMBR, I expect they'll be multi-team matches as well but that's neither here nor there.

I'm looking for Sasha and Bayley to retain here given how much emphasis Corey Graves puts on the fact that Sasha has yet to retain a championship in her first title defense since hitting the main roster. Besides, it would be kind of anti-climactic for two of the most over women in company history to drop the title in their first defense to a the supremely dull dead weight that is Nia and Tamina, WWE's resident locker room mom, Natalya, and a woman who hasn't wrestled a match in 7 years, Beth Phoenix, or two women that are just really out of place during a time in which professional wrestling capability is more important than sex appeal, the IIconics.

This is a match that should be considered for the kickoff show, but I know that won't happen because WWE is in full blown rah rah, I am woman hear me roar mode these days. Not that the women don't deserve it or anything like that, it's just that this match just doesn't come off as important compared to most of the other title matches on the card. Probably the best thing it has going for it is the novelty and nostalgia of Beth Phoenix being involved, and it has made for a refreshing change to see Nia go up against a legit physical powerhouse, someone who is actually strong enough to physically handle her weight.

Y 2 Jake
03-26-2019, 09:08 AM
If the belts were 6 weeks older I still think this would make the pre-show. As it stands it's the Becky Lynch tapping Asuka who's getting that spot.

mrluck_07
03-26-2019, 11:49 PM
All the hype the belts been given it makes sense the match wouldn't be on the pre-show. Plus, the participants aren't folks who have been on the pre-show so why would they now?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-27-2019, 01:56 AM
I'd rather see Bayley and Sasha vs Natalya and Beth. Less is more.

mrluck_07
03-27-2019, 09:01 AM
I'd rather see Bayley and Sasha vs Natalya and Beth. Less is more.

Definitely agree! Guessing WWE wants to get as many folk involved for screen time.

Y 2 Jake
03-27-2019, 10:15 AM
It's 2019 and the only woman other than the champs that should be near a title is Nia Jax.