PDA

View Full Version : Luke Harper Requests Release

smarkmouth
04-16-2019, 02:24 PM
From Harper's Twitter;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4TPptiXkAAaN56.jpg

I'm disappointed in this one. I don't think he could have ever been THE guy, but he could always be counted on to have a great match. I think they only scratched the surface with what he could do. Hope he finds fulfilment elsewhere.

Spidey
04-16-2019, 02:40 PM
Great talent. Hope he gets a gig that makes good use of him.

Jack-Hammer
04-16-2019, 02:54 PM
I like Harper, he's a fun guy to watch and more than once put me in mind of Bruiser Brody, which I'm sure is intentional on his part as, if I'm not mistaken, Brody was part of the name he used before he signed with WWE.

Will this hurt WWE? Nah, not really. There are plenty of hoss types in WWE who're as good as Harper, have a more intimidating look than Harper or both. He's probably made decent money but I don't expect Harper is going to be blowing the roof off anywhere he goes, whether it's AEW, ROH, Impact or wherever. He turns 40 in December and while that isn't an automatic death nail for someone's career, but Harper's not AJ Styles or Samoa Joe, the former is well into his 40s and the latter just turned 40 a month ago, as these guys have been major singles players in well known and established companies.

Of course, if the guy's unhappy in WWE then he you can't blame him. He's probably making decent money but if he's saved his money and doesn't live an expensive lifestyle, then he can probably afford to want to leave. After all, he has a 5 year old son and another son that's not even 2 yet, so if his money situation wasn't comfortable, I don't see him requesting his release. If I were in Harper's shoes, I'd just sort of take a look at my overall situation, factor in the business likelihood that I'm gonna be a major player elsewhere, take my past into consideration and I might honestly stay in WWE. It might not be the most satisfying in the world but I'm also realistic, it's not likely Harper will rise higher than where he's going and I can honestly say that it probably wouldn't bother me if I'm making mid six figures for working maybe one or two days a week whether it's at a house show or an episode of Main Event.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-16-2019, 03:11 PM
He's a talented wrestler, but WWE has way too much talent to do anything with him. I don't want AEW to sign everyone who leaves WWE, but Harper would be a good addition.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Never was a fan. BUT! I never hated him. Wish the best for him though.

Y 2 Jake
04-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Bad for Rowan's long term prospects. When he splits from Bryan he won't have his fall back tag partner.

OYDK
04-16-2019, 05:30 PM
I'm amazed they couldn't find a spot for this guy. Oh well, it'll be cool to watch him somewhere else. There are some matchups out there for him.

smarkmouth
04-16-2019, 05:44 PM
I'm amazed they couldn't find a spot for this guy. Oh well, it'll be cool to watch him somewhere else. There are some matchups out there for him.
Maybe not on paper, but maybe put him against someone like Dalton Castle or Juice Robinson. Hell, I'm surprised Cody hasn't started a heel shtick picking on WWE runaways who only left once Cody proved it's safe to go back in the water.