PDA

View Full Version : Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Yer Maw
12-26-2019, 05:11 AM
Punk, Bryan, Styles, and Owens just off the top of my head had their best matches in WWE against John Cena.

meanwhile no one remembers or talks about the Indy darlings matches against each other which were..average.

Styles is an indy darling?

BestSportsEntertainer
12-26-2019, 06:53 AM
Not trying to be pedantic, but Lesnar vs Punk is my favorite Punk match. It's severely underrated.

Undying
12-26-2019, 08:16 PM
Not trying to be pedantic, but Lesnar vs Punk is my favorite Punk match. It's severely underrated.

Fantastic match as well.

Point I was more alluding to was how when thereâ??s pairings like Styles vs Owens, Punk vs Bryan etc. match ups that look great on paper but the matches themselves never amount to anything other than a solid B showing and are pretty much forgotten about not long after they happen.

Meanwhile you throw those guys against people like Cena or Lesnar and they are damn near or are classics.

smarkmouth
12-26-2019, 10:24 PM
Punk vs Lesnar was amazing, as was the main event between Bryan and Cena. And I'm angry at both those matches because SummerSlam 13 also had Christian's best singles match as a babyface but no one will ever remember it. Severely underappreciated del Rio vs Christian demands revisiting.

And on that subject, Swagger vs Big E at Elimination Chamber 14 is another gem buried under a fantastic card; Chamber match and Wyatts vs SHIELD.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-27-2019, 07:08 PM
AEW didn't even get a single viewer this week. Who knew the company would die this soon?

Y 2 Jake
12-28-2019, 08:32 AM
I won't miss it.

OYDK
12-31-2019, 08:18 AM
I'm starting to believe that Brock Lesnar is the catalyst for the next step in human evolution. For one, the guy doesn't even look particularly human. He looks like some sort of jacked-up, albino alien. Also, nature seemed to have gifted him with the genetic ability to battle a gorilla in hand-to-hand combat from the time he was basically a toddler. Seriously though, I can't remember seeing somebody as genetically gifted as Brock Lesnar.

Y 2 Jake
01-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Impact would have more disposable income if they didn't redesign their title belts so often.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-03-2020, 07:34 AM
This Lana/Liv/Lashley/Rusev story has me more interested than any AEW story.

Storm Trooper
01-03-2020, 07:41 AM
This Lana/Liv/Lashley/Rusev story has me more interested than any AEW story.

What AEW stories? Only Cody and Jericho they have stories.

Y 2 Jake
01-03-2020, 09:19 AM
The love triangle is kinda fun, AEW is kinda not fun. Jericho is one of the only guys not taking it too seriously.

Yer Maw
01-09-2020, 12:43 PM
I wonder if Ray Fenix, one of the best in the world, regrets signing with AEW when he gets pinned by 60 year old Goldust.

Storm Trooper
01-09-2020, 11:03 PM
I wonder if Ray Fenix, one of the best in the world, regrets signing with AEW when he gets pinned by 60 year old Goldust.
well no he doesn't because AEW has the best tag team wrestling in the world...... To be fair Goldust is gonna be a (deserving) Hall of Famer as soon as he wants to.

I wonder if MJF regrets signing with AEW when he needs 3 other people to get the upper hand on a 70 year old Diamond Dallas Page.

OYDK
01-10-2020, 05:57 AM
DDP Yoga turns you into Superman.

In all seriousness, I would dig that gimmick.

smarkmouth
01-10-2020, 07:54 AM
AEW has three spooky factions. Keep them apart from one another, and as soon as he signs, the factions all converge under Marty Scurll

Yer Maw
01-10-2020, 08:00 AM
well no he doesn't because AEW has the best tag team wrestling in the world...... To be fair Goldust is gonna be a (deserving) Hall of Famer as soon as he wants to.

I wonder if MJF regrets signing with AEW when he needs 3 other people to get the upper hand on a 70 year old Diamond Dallas Page.

It does have some great tag wrestling but he shouldn't be losing to Dustin Rhodes whos best run was nearly 20 years ago and way past his prime

BestSportsEntertainer
01-10-2020, 08:56 PM
Luka Doncic just ripped part of his shirt like Hulk Hogan :lmao:

BestSportsEntertainer
01-18-2020, 03:10 AM
The Jericho Cruise should have a Battle Royal where you can only eliminate your opponents by throwing them overboard.

Yer Maw
01-18-2020, 08:14 AM
The Jericho Cruise should have a Battle Royal where you can only eliminate your opponents by throwing them overboard.

That's genius pal! *vince mcmahon laugh*

smarkmouth
01-20-2020, 11:27 AM
I have to assume Vince wants to fight Connor McGregor over the billionaire strut, and honestly, we should just let him.

I mean this in the same spirit in which I'd say "just let Tommy Wiseau direct a Fantastic Four movie." It's a bad idea but really who gives a shit anymore?

smarkmouth
01-20-2020, 09:17 PM
Watching some RIPTIDE Wrestling. Holy shit, I've never seen an indie so well filmed. Some of their shots absolutely rival WWE.

Jack-Hammer
01-30-2020, 08:49 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura is currently in the middle of the longest Intercontinental Championship run since Cody Rhode's first run started back in August 2011 and WWE hasn't done shit with him as champion. Tomorrow will mark the 200th day of Nakamura's first run as champ which means if he were to hold it for another 80 days, he'd officially tie Mr. Perfect's first run for having the longest single IC title reign in the last 30 years.

I know it's futile, I know there's nothing to be done about it and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, but it's just so fucking frustrating to see talented wrestlers and championships wasted. Far more time, energy and attention has been put in the stupid ass shit of the storyline of Rusev, Lana, Lashley and now, for some reason, Liv Morgan than has been put into Nakamura as champion or into reinvigorating the tag team picture. I just sometimes wanna slam Vince's face through a plate glass window.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-05-2020, 07:51 PM
5 years from now in 2025, the name "WWE" will have been around as long as "WWF"

Y 2 Jake
02-07-2020, 06:30 AM
Charlotte costs Rhea the title at Takeover, Rhea defeats Bayley at Elimination Chamber, Charlotte and Rhea face off for a main roster title at Mania.

It gets the title off Bayley, it makes Flair vs. Ripley feel slightly bigger and Bianca wasn't given such a strong showing at the Rumble for no reason.

Maybe. It's just a prediction.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-11-2020, 06:52 PM
I couldn't care less about Jim Cornette or Dave Meltzer or their "feud", and people that do are idiots

#AbsoluteUnit
02-11-2020, 07:06 PM
^ True, I do find it humorous though.

Storm Trooper
02-12-2020, 06:12 AM
I couldn't care less about Jim Cornette or Dave Meltzer or their "feud", and people that do are idiots
wait, a former manager and a journalist are having a feud? When and where is the blowoff? Mania? Double or Nothing?

Also, why the fuck would anyone care about them feuding?

EnviousDominous
02-12-2020, 07:33 AM
wait, a former manager and a journalist are having a feud? When and where is the blowoff? Mania? Double or Nothing?

Also, why the fuck would anyone care about them feuding?

Jim is a spaz and Meltz is a dweeb.

We're basically the jocks surrounding them at recess screaming "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

smarkmouth
02-12-2020, 02:34 PM
I challenge anyone to distinguish Ricochet from Cedric Alexander - physical appearance and moveset aside.

Y 2 Jake
02-12-2020, 03:08 PM
Ricochet has an allure that Alexander doesn't.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-12-2020, 08:53 PM
I challenge anyone to distinguish Ricochet from Cedric Alexander - physical appearance and moveset aside.
People like Ricochet.

Spidey
02-12-2020, 10:06 PM
The latter can talk.

smarkmouth
02-12-2020, 10:31 PM
I should have clarified that I'm looking for character traits here

Alex
02-13-2020, 08:56 AM
I should have clarified that I'm looking for character traits here

Ricochet has that cool tattoo

BestSportsEntertainer
02-15-2020, 01:55 PM

How they're booked. Ricochet is booked like a star, and Cedric is booked like a jobber.

I don't know why. It seems to happen to certain guys. Mustafa Ali hasn't even had a televised match in 2020.

Y 2 Jake
02-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Maybe they're keeping Ali off TV so he doesn't Kofi their Mania plans.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-15-2020, 04:05 PM
One freak accident injury shouldn't ruin your career.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-15-2020, 07:09 PM
Mustafa Ali hasn't even had a televised match in 2020.

Wasn't he in the rumble?

BestSportsEntertainer
02-15-2020, 07:15 PM
Wasn't he in the rumble?

No. Just dark matches.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-15-2020, 07:50 PM
No. Just dark matches.

Why's that?

smarkmouth
02-15-2020, 07:54 PM
How they're booked. Ricochet is booked like a star, and Cedric is booked like a jobber.

I don't know why. It seems to happen to certain guys. Mustafa Ali hasn't even had a televised match in 2020.

Saying this respectfully, but once again the only replies to the question are very superficial, or now how they are treated. This just kinda validates how neither has a defined character.

Flip side, I can tell you exactly who Mustafa Ali is without resorting to physical appearance. Ric and Cedric need something to sink their teeth into.

New thought: Eddie Kingston is a top 5 promo guy running today.

Spidey
02-15-2020, 08:19 PM
I have learned to let a few weeks of wrestling go to appreciate the bits I do catch.

OYDK
02-15-2020, 08:55 PM
I have learned to let a few weeks of wrestling go to appreciate the bits I do catch.

PPVs are much more enjoyable when they're all you watch.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Absense makes the heart grow fonder, rings true the most with pro wrestling.

Undying
02-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Hard to believe these stupid gimmick pay per views have been going on for 10 years now.

Kurt Angle probably had the worst retirement Iâ??ve seen for a wrestler. Random spot on the card, basic â??this is Kurt angles retirement matchâ? intro, 6 minute match against Corbin, quick wave goodbye after, done.

I get wrestlers come back all the time and itâ??s hard to pinpoint one that actually stayed retired by choice but this one just seemed like a letâ??s get this over with moment than anything that mattered.

OYDK
02-17-2020, 04:52 AM
Just going to leave this here to remind everyone how truly savage Jerry Lawler was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgwRIP3dQU

Yer Maw
02-17-2020, 11:34 AM
Can you imagine the outcry and outrage if Rhea Ripley wore a Cape with the words "white history in the making"?

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
02-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Can you imagine the outcry and outrage if Rhea Ripley wore a Cape with the words "white history in the making"?
Yeah cause that's a tish racist.

Yer Maw
02-17-2020, 01:20 PM
Why would it be racist if Rhea done it but Bianca is okay?

smarkmouth
02-17-2020, 01:42 PM
Why would it be racist if Rhea done it but Bianca is okay?

Yikes. We doing the 101 thing? Fine.

White is not a culture in the way Black is a culture. If Rhea wanted to celebrate her Aussie heritage or if Sheamus wants to parade his Irish roots, no one can or will say boo.

So why doesn't that apply to Black culture when people of colour come from all over? Because up until recent breakthroughs in genetic tracking, many people didn't know exactly what their heritage is. White people erased so much of it it through stealing people from their own homes for the sake of slavery. Freedom never compensated with records of where those lives came from.

That's the summary and I invite anyone to elaborate, but I'm not even glancing at the counter argument.

smarkmouth
02-17-2020, 01:54 PM
*I should correct, that this is hardly a summary, more just one point of many.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-17-2020, 02:27 PM
WrestleMania should always be in March.

Y 2 Jake
02-17-2020, 03:32 PM
Or very early April

Yer Maw
02-18-2020, 02:34 PM
Does Rusev have a bellybutton?

smarkmouth
02-22-2020, 11:28 AM
Making Brock lose his cool will make you look just as great as when he sells for you. See Brock vs Joe.

That being said, Dean Ambrose should have revved the chainsaw, causing Brock to near-shit himself, leading to Dean turning the saw off and laughing. Million dollar Moxley right there.

OYDK
02-23-2020, 03:07 PM
Has any wrestler had an unluckier life than Bret Hart?

https://superluchas.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/montreal-screwjob-bret-hart.jpg?w=640&h=486

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AZ31BIe57rs/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrZFNVrQHdY

https://pm1.narvii.com/5987/4e07eb09fcb0b7eadfc36ae60c72c205d8534ab2_hq.jpg

https://ytimg.googleusercontent.com/vi/4NyiIDGKlJQ/mqdefault.jpg

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/editor/2019/04/28983-15550370310165.png

https://www.iheartradio.ca/image/policy:1.10522376:1580504335/image-jpeg.jpg?f=default&$p$f=7943e79

OYDK
02-23-2020, 03:51 PM
And how did I miss:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRCWHGKILu4ur41-6aDerNB3qe7qczjr6Mq9pSZSbzycy1JEsfG

smarkmouth
02-24-2020, 09:00 AM
Has any wrestler had an unluckier life than Bret Hart?
This is why I never subscribed to the 'Bitter Bret' narrative. Like, fuck, wouldn't you be pissed? I believe the Screwjob was a work, but fuck, everything else, right?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dkfv1NlU0AEtDk6.jpg

BestSportsEntertainer
02-25-2020, 08:05 PM
Last night on Raw was the first time Jerry Lawler was involved in a document signing with a woman that didn't end with him losing half his stuff

OYDK
02-27-2020, 06:08 PM
I wonder why WWE is so adamant on having their current roster continuously look like chumps to guys 20 years their senior. I could never imagine something like that happening in any other era, but it's almost expected nowadays. Whenever an old guy faces a young guy, odds are the old guy is winning.

It's honestly weird because it goes against everything that makes sense booking wise.

Undying
02-27-2020, 06:19 PM
Because the current roster sucks compared to back then.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-27-2020, 06:21 PM
So we just push Goldberg, Lesnar, and Undertaker until they can barely walk and then WWE goes out of business? What happens when those guys retire?

OYDK
02-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Because the current roster sucks compared to back then.

Goldberg sucks and is 100. Fiend was just as popular and the hottest thing going in the business. Makes 0 sense.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-27-2020, 07:28 PM
Watching the territories in the 80's must've been awesome.

smarkmouth
02-27-2020, 08:13 PM
Goldberg/Roman wouldn't quite be Rock/Hogan, but it ticked all the boxes of an intergenerational dream match and didn't need a title to make it big.

Meanwhile, Cena could have chased championship #17 while Bray had to defend himself from the man who planted the seeds that grew to destroy his life, forcing him to inevitably rebuild himself.

Oh well then.

Storm Trooper
02-28-2020, 12:09 AM
Goldberg/Roman wouldn't quite be Rock/Hogan, but it ticked all the boxes of an intergenerational dream match and didn't need a title to make it big.

Meanwhile, Cena could have chased championship #17 while Bray had to defend himself from the man who planted the seeds that grew to destroy his life, forcing him to inevitably rebuild himself.

Oh well then.
Or Cena/Goldberg for the Title will be bigger than Goldberg/Roman. And Reigns/Fiend can be non-title, which is better for the feud. None of us work for WWEs creative team and as such we have zero idea what will happen at WrestleMania until told. We have our own ideas built by reading made-up stuff on the internet.

smarkmouth
02-28-2020, 07:36 AM
Or Cena/Goldberg for the Title will be bigger than Goldberg/Roman. And Reigns/Fiend can be non-title, which is better for the feud. None of us work for WWEs creative team and as such we have zero idea what will happen at WrestleMania until told. We have our own ideas built by reading made-up stuff on the internet.
Meh, if Roman/Berg didn't need a title then Cena/Berg really doesn't.

The angle I proposed for Cena and the Fiend is practically built in with only a little embellishment on my part. Maybe Creative has something cool in store but paint-by-numbers seems more like Smackdown's process lately.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-28-2020, 09:39 AM
And the people who booed Reigns will now boo him again. WWE continues to have no idea what good booking for this guy is.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-28-2020, 06:06 PM
Iâ??m not defending how it happened, but Wyatt really doesnâ??t need a title.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-29-2020, 08:10 AM
Just found out Beth Phoenix is younger than Shayna Baszler.

Spidey
02-29-2020, 01:12 PM
Brock Lesnar is the youngest World champion that's a dude in just about every major promotion (WWE, AEW, and ROH specifically).

Alex
02-29-2020, 01:51 PM
Brock Lesnar is the youngest World champion that's a dude in just about every major promotion (WWE, AEW, and ROH specifically).

Doesn't Randy Orton have him beat by a year?

BestSportsEntertainer
02-29-2020, 01:52 PM
A wrestling fan on Twitter - "You booked your brand new tag champs to lose clean in a non-title match? Are they trying to completely destroy their characters?"

Bray Wyatt - "Yes"

Very odd strategy from WWE.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-29-2020, 01:52 PM
Doesn't Randy Orton have him beat by a year?

He's talking about current champions. Lesnar is younger than Goldberg, Jericho, and PCO.

smarkmouth
02-29-2020, 02:22 PM
Recognizing we can play with criteria, NWA (which is admittedly likely below ROH) champion Nick Aldis is 33, Tessa Blanchard is Impact's champ at 23 (I know we said dudes only in OP but gotta mention her), and NJPW champion Tetsuya Naitio is 37.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-29-2020, 02:47 PM
I legit thought Josh from the last season of Tough Enough (2015) was going to make it big time.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Jon Moxley defeats Kenny Omega in an Unsanctioned match and fights through the entire Inner Circle with one eye to get a title shot.

Roman Reigns shows up.

A little planning goes a very long way.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-29-2020, 04:27 PM
If one match destroys your character, it wasnâ??t much of a character.

Aeon Mathix
02-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Kevin Federline has a pin victory over Cena. Bryan lost the world title in 18 seconds.

People are blowing fiend losing way out of proportion. If nothing else it just increased it support ten fold.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-29-2020, 08:27 PM
There's nothing wrong with Fiend losing. He can't go undefeated forever. But to lose to Goldberg to give Reigns yet another WrestleMania moment is very meh.

Aeon Mathix
02-29-2020, 10:13 PM
I understand people not liking the decision. Not what I would have done either. But the whole canceling the network and acting like it’s the worst booking ever is a little much from the outrage I’ve seen.

smarkmouth
02-29-2020, 10:55 PM
I understand people not liking the decision. Not what I would have done either. But the whole canceling the network and acting like itâ??s the worst booking ever is a little much from the outrage Iâ??ve seen.

You see it every time bad creative happens. And honestly, if you aren't entertained anymore you should unsubscribe, but quit making a show of it.

Besides, WWE offers plenty of reason to withdraw support. I'm not planning to bicker with anyone over morals, but their favourite murder clown losing a pretend fight is a weak reason to abandon ship.

Yaz
02-29-2020, 11:22 PM
You see it every time bad creative happens. And honestly, if you aren't entertained anymore you should unsubscribe, but quit making a show of it.

Besides, WWE offers plenty of reason to withdraw support. I'm not planning to bicker with anyone over morals, but their favourite murder clown losing a pretend fight is a weak reason to abandon ship.

Your mom is a murder clown!

OYDK
03-01-2020, 06:43 AM
My favorite murder clowns:

1. Pennywise
2. The Fiend

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-01-2020, 06:47 AM
I completely forgot WCW once had Bill Kazmaier on their roster!

mrluck_07
03-03-2020, 01:40 PM
I completely forgot WCW once had Bill Kazmaier on their roster!

*Googles Kazmaier*

Alex
03-04-2020, 02:24 PM
Cody's neck tattoo isn't a bad design. Just awful placement

Spidey
03-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Idk if it's conditioning from kickouts or what but I enjoy wrestling much more now when I imagine finishers as more of a calling card thing than some super special move meant to deplete an opponent's imaginary health bar.

smarkmouth
03-04-2020, 11:00 PM
Your mom is a murder clown!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/31978f2f053981363134f5b99675109b/tenor.gif

My favorite murder clowns:

1. Pennywise
2. The Fiend

Very good list. Thank you.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Erick Rowan has had a very interesting career.

- Fired by the Authority for being part of Team Cena
- Wrestled The Rock in his final match
- Became the bodyguard/partner of the Planet's Champion Daniel Bryan
- Attempted to murder Roman Reigns multiple times
- Carried around a cage with a pet tarantula for 3 months

Yaz
03-05-2020, 09:44 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/31978f2f053981363134f5b99675109b/tenor.gif

Hey man, your Twitter was on fire that day.

smarkmouth
03-07-2020, 05:26 PM
WWE has eighteen championships right now. They need to start taking a group photo during WrestleMania weekend.

Y 2 Jake
03-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Orton should defeat Edge at Mania so there's a ready made challenger for Drew to go over at the next PPV.

Undying
03-08-2020, 08:42 PM
Edge really shouldnâ??t be beating Orton after nine years of not wrestling

Y 2 Jake
03-09-2020, 08:28 AM
I need to rewatch the Elimination Chamber opener so I can count how many times they said Gulak.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-09-2020, 11:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03aaGXSDOiQ

^ Listening to Drew McIntyre's theme song over and over is refreshing. And it means that it is WrestleMania season.

Spidey
03-10-2020, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJlh1cRJDA

Apparently ahead of its time.

smarkmouth
03-10-2020, 05:41 PM
A problem so unique to this medium; we don't cheer for these characters anymore. We're not rooting for our protagonists to win. Instead, we root for promoters to push our favourites. We're not along for the ride of the storyline anymore, we're all seeking validation from the office.

I guess this is an inevitability in a medium rooted in blurring the lines between fiction and reality, so ultimately I don't know if there's a way to mend this.

Yer Maw
03-12-2020, 04:22 PM
Just my opinion, but heels shouldn't have awesome entrances with loads of pyro.

Aka, Death Triangle and Jericho.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-12-2020, 10:03 PM
It's crazy how The Rock is one of the most popular wrestlers of all time but was booed in the two biggest matches of his career as a babyface.

Storm Trooper
03-12-2020, 11:44 PM
It's crazy how The Rock is one of the most popular wrestlers of all time but was booed in the two biggest matches of his career as a babyface.
Hogan and???

Which was the #2? Austin 2? Lesnar? Cena 1?

Yer Maw
03-13-2020, 12:57 AM
Austin at Mania 17

#AbsoluteUnit
03-13-2020, 11:43 AM
And technically at Mania 29

Yer Maw
03-14-2020, 03:33 AM
We're the boos that bad? I can't remember

smarkmouth
03-14-2020, 06:06 AM
I don't want another wrestling simulator. I want an AEW game from Telltale.

Tired: Many game modes, deep roster.
Wired: Kenny Omega's point & click adventure!

BestSportsEntertainer
03-14-2020, 10:21 AM
Dash Wilder's new ring name is Cash Wheeler. Never go full Impact Zone meme.

Spidey
03-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Seems to be more insider talk the closer we get to a show meant for casual fans.

smarkmouth
03-17-2020, 08:00 AM
WWE should stop handing out mics for the empty arena segments. I want to watch wrestlers not knowing what to do with their hands.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-17-2020, 04:17 PM
Throughout the first 2 hours of Raw last night, they replayed the men's Royal Rumble match.

Ratings for hour 2 increased from 2.412 million viewers to 2.486 million viewers.

I don't pay much attention to ratings, but replaying older matches might be a good idea until things get back to normal.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-17-2020, 07:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qpWBgu3.gifv

Why do I not remember this?

When/where was this?

smarkmouth
03-17-2020, 10:53 PM

When/where was this?

I think that's one of Steve Austin's reality shows on CMT or something.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-18-2020, 12:16 AM
I think that's one of Steve Austin's reality shows on CMT or something.

Thanks.

Storm Trooper
03-18-2020, 06:59 AM

When/where was this?
Season 1 of Straight Up Steve Austin, his interview show he had after RAW on Mondays during the late summer/early fall.

Alex
03-18-2020, 09:05 AM
The most surprising thing about Scott Steiner being rushed to hospital is finding out he has a wife

smarkmouth
03-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Vince heard the words deadly pandemic and booked a Last Man Standing match.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-18-2020, 04:38 PM
They should make Ciampa's entrance theme this year's theme song

smarkmouth
03-19-2020, 11:20 AM
WWE has eighteen championships right now. They need to start taking a group photo during WrestleMania weekend.

Now a terrible idea.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-20-2020, 09:29 AM
You were trying though Smark.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-20-2020, 10:52 AM
I really thought Sasha Banks' face run in 2016 would've been much more successful had she at least had one successful title defense on a PPV or at least defeat Charlotte clean at a PPV. But, here we are.

Yer Maw
03-21-2020, 08:57 AM
Is it just me who thought Gronks entrance was really cringey?

Y 2 Jake
03-21-2020, 01:14 PM
I'm still not sure what Gronk is.

smarkmouth
03-21-2020, 01:41 PM
We're gonna get clips of R-Truth wandering the Raymond James Stadium wondering where everyone is, right?

Yer Maw
03-21-2020, 02:07 PM
We're gonna get clips of R-Truth wandering the Raymond James Stadium wondering where everyone is, right?

God I hope so, hopefully he comes out of somewhere with his music playing and he's rapping to the crowd then he realises

Y 2 Jake
03-22-2020, 03:06 PM
WWE could learn a lot from AEW when it comes to presenting a show with no audience.

Y 2 Jake
03-23-2020, 04:23 AM
They should do a Gogglebox type thing when the Mania matches are on so we can see the family of the parents watch at home. I'd like to see Drew's parents faces when he loses.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-23-2020, 11:44 AM
They should add punching and kicking sound effects to add to the really loud slamming noises we're going to be subjected to for 3.5 hours both nights.

Y 2 Jake
03-23-2020, 01:13 PM
I'll be surprised if they don't pipe in dueling Cena chants.

Yer Maw
03-23-2020, 04:42 PM
Maybe they'll have people in the crowd for the duel like Nikki Bella and someone else

smarkmouth
03-23-2020, 05:20 PM
This week's AEW features some of their bigger names going face to face with independent wrestlers, who are virtually out of work. I'm a Tony Khan guy.

Storm Trooper
03-23-2020, 09:26 PM
This week's AEW features some of their bigger names going face to face with independent wrestlers, who are virtually out of work. I'm a Tony Khan guy.
1. It's Dark, not Dynamite.
2. Well we all know who is winning all the matches. Or at least should. Which makes the programming less than thrilling.
3. This is a wonderful thing they're doing, and props to Tony Khan for doing it. Now if only they are actually limiting the number of people in the building, which they didn't last week for Dynamite.

smarkmouth
03-23-2020, 10:33 PM
1. It's Dark, not Dynamite.
2. Well we all know who is winning all the matches. Or at least should. Which makes the programming less than thrilling.
3. This is a wonderful thing they're doing, and props to Tony Khan for doing it. Now if only they are actually limiting the number of people in the building, which they didn't last week for Dynamite.

1. Thank you for catching that, I indeed meant to write Dark. This week's Dynamite is another show akin to last week's empty arena episode, if I'm not mistaken.
2. Not necessarily. I think there's room for an upset or two. Spears has been campaigning to the indies for a new tag team partner for a little while now, so there may be some payoff there. But even dramatic interest aside, affording spotlight and payday to a few indie wrestlers in a difficult time is an appealing shade of altruism to me.
3. No disagreement here. Keep in mind that this was taped during last week's show. I don't know what your stateside protocols were as of Wednesday but I am confident that they pushed the boundaries. I'd appreciate a little transparency on how the show was produced to sleep easier.

Storm Trooper
03-24-2020, 12:06 AM
1. Thank you for catching that, I indeed meant to write Dark. This week's Dynamite is another show akin to last week's empty arena episode, if I'm not mistaken.Probably yeah another empty arena show, likely with more jobbers being the crowd

2. Not necessarily. I think there's room for an upset or two. Spears has been campaigning to the indies for a new tag team partner for a little while now, so there may be some payoff there. But even dramatic interest aside, affording spotlight and payday to a few indie wrestlers in a difficult time is an appealing shade of altruism to me.
See I'm looking at it thinking it is pretty dumb to have your people that you will be pushing on TV to lose to a guy not working for the company. The Spears thing fine, makes sense, but even if a guy is a top indy guy, unless you're signing him why would you put him over your guys? If WWE put an enhancement talent over one of their guys everyone would shit themselves, unless they use the guy for a while (see James Elsworth).

3. No disagreement here. Keep in mind that this was taped during last week's show. I don't know what your stateside protocols were as of Wednesday but I am confident that they pushed the boundaries. I'd appreciate a little transparency on how the show was produced to sleep easier.
As of last week, CDC has said 50 people. Federal Government suggests 10. Unsure as to what Florida specifically suggests. Knowing that you need not just wrestlers, but referees, commentators/ring announcers, lighting/sound/camera people, TV production people, trainers/doctors, and producers/people running the show, I can guarantee you AEW greatly went over 50 last week.

WWE gets close probably, hence why they are airing a classic match or 2, and limiting the matches. Tonight (RAW) was probably the largest crowd they've used.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-26-2020, 04:47 PM
https://twitter.com/nylarosebeast/status/1243292820582080515

Between this and her interview on TIJ, Nyla is one of my favorite AEW wrestlers

Yer Maw
03-27-2020, 03:27 AM

This is gold! The video where she's watching dynamite on TV is great too.

Fire Marshall Bill
03-27-2020, 03:49 PM

That shit is hilarious.

OYDK
03-30-2020, 11:02 AM
Did Jeff Jarrett ever have a great match? Weirdly, I've always had this perception that Jarrett was one of the better in-ring workers of the pre-AE/AE period, but I don't know why. As far as I can tell, he's never even had a memorable match unless you want to count his last WWE match with Chyna.

Has he had any gems in TNA? Honestly curious.

Y 2 Jake
03-30-2020, 03:01 PM
His TNA DVD was a 4-Disc chore.

OYDK
03-30-2020, 11:56 PM
Did you actually spend money on a 4-disc TNA DVD about Jeff Jarrett? What the hell possessed you?

Alex
03-31-2020, 05:03 AM
I've only got three TNA DVD sets. Jeff Hardy Vol 1 and 3 and Christian Cage. The Christian Cage one is probably better for consistent matches. The Jeff Hardy Vol 3 one is probably best overall for content. His Vol 1 is a bit shit save for about 4 matches (and they put most of those on the Vol 3 set)

I might try and get the AJ Styles TNA DVD set at some point.

Y 2 Jake
03-31-2020, 06:17 AM
I used to buy every wrestling DVD I could get my hands on. That set cost me about ?20 and I sold it for about ?1.50.

smarkmouth
03-31-2020, 01:02 PM
If they're going worked-shoot with this angle then AJ needs to frighten the Undertaker with a cucumber.

Y 2 Jake
03-31-2020, 02:29 PM
Why Austin Theory?

Storm Trooper
03-31-2020, 03:15 PM
Why Austin Theory?
He likely lives in Orlando now, is readily available, and not big enough in NXT that a temporary callup would hinder him in NXT. I mean sure they could put Gargano there or something but then Johnny Gargano would lose to the Street Profits.

Yer Maw
03-31-2020, 04:40 PM
If they're going worked-shoot with this angle then AJ needs to frighten the Undertaker with a cucumber.

A cucumber? What have I missed?

smarkmouth
03-31-2020, 05:50 PM
A cucumber? What have I missed?

You're gonna love this. via Foodbeast:
Before Moody's death in 2013, he did an interview with wrestling promoter Jim Cornette, where he revealed in detail stories of the Undertaker's fear of the veggie.

"He cannot stand cucumbers," Moody said in the interview. "At Waffle Houses sometimes, we'd come in after having a few drinks, he'd go to the bathroom... come back and there'd be a cucumber floating in his iced tea. I saw The Undertaker throw up all over a Waffle House."

Not a sole instance either. Full article: https://www.foodbeast.com/news/the-undertaker-cucumbers/

#AbsoluteUnit
04-03-2020, 01:59 PM
https://www.wwe.com/videos/the-miz-john-morrison-drop-hey-hey-music-video-ahead-of-wrestlemania

I lol'd in real life.

OYDK
04-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Just watched the Dark Side of the Ring episode on Moolah and I gotta say, I didn't find anything overtly incriminating being said about her. I wasn't extremely in the know about her history, or past or anything, but I do remember the backlash and the things that were said about her a few years ago after WWE named a battle royal after her. There were some stories in the doc that made her look like an asshole, but nothing that hasn't been said about almost every wrestler/promoter from that time period. People said she was stealing money from the talents she booked and trained, but she openly admitted to taking 25 percent as a booking fee. Outrageous? Maybe, but she was also the only reason most of these women were booked and able to wrestle in the first place. She overcharged the women staying on her "training grounds", but nobody forced them to be there. They all agreed before moving in. I think all of the first-hand accounts vehemently denied that she ever pimped them out or forced them to take drugs or any of that really illicit stuff.

Moolah sounded like a pretty selfish, manipulative, and downright bad person. But there's a difference between being a shitty human being, and being a legitimate criminal/pimp/thief. Most of the really hardcore stuff seemed to surround Brodie Lee. So, why is Moolah so much more vilified nowadays than anybody not named Chris Benoit?

Y 2 Jake
04-04-2020, 07:09 AM
With how things are now I expect all the major matches at Mania to have the faces going over. Sorry Shayna.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Agreed.

smarkmouth
04-04-2020, 12:03 PM
lol att he thought of Goldberg trying to hit a Jackhammer on Braun Strowman.

Y 2 Jake
04-04-2020, 12:16 PM
He'll just hip toss him like he did Wyatt

smarkmouth
04-04-2020, 12:54 PM
He'll just hip toss him like he did Wyatt

It's also pre taped. They could rig it and remove the cables digitally.

Fire Marshall Bill
04-05-2020, 03:48 PM
With how things are now I expect all the major matches at Mania to have the faces going over. Sorry Shayna.

As soon as I saw Cesaro v Gulak my immediate thought was ?match for a heel to win because nobody cares.?

Still don?t get Becky going over.

smarkmouth
04-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Now that the Boneyard Match concept flies in WWE, we're totally gonna get Taker vs Sting next year.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-06-2020, 11:37 AM
As soon as I saw Cesaro v Gulak my immediate thought was ?match for a heel to win because nobody cares.?

Still don?t get Becky going over.

Reportedly Vince hasn't been impressed by Shayna.

Fire Marshall Bill
04-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Reportedly Vince hasn't been impressed by Shayna.

Neither have I, but this is pretty much sabotage.

smarkmouth
04-06-2020, 05:28 PM
Shayna lost to Ember Moon in their first title match in roughly the same (very dumb) way. Baszler fans shouldn't sweat it just yet.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-06-2020, 05:53 PM
I've rewatched the Firefly Fun House "match" twice, and I like it even more. If there's anything higher than an A+, this gets it.

smarkmouth
04-07-2020, 10:26 AM
Had WWE known they were going to be doing cinema-esque matches at Mania I bet the mystery of Rowan's cage would have carried on.

Yer Maw
04-08-2020, 08:26 AM
I've been watching the raws in 2002 from when the draft happened and I'm up to October so far and ohhh boy is it hard to watch.

Between the failed experiment of NWO, Stone Cold taking his ball home, Triple H trying to use a sleeper as a finisher, Bubba Dudley getting a world title match and the women, I forgot how bad this time was.

Stone Cold Tea
04-08-2020, 08:59 AM
The Firefly Funhouse match wont lead to anything for Cena. I also think it sucked.

Yer Maw
04-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Katie Vick... I forgot.

OYDK
04-08-2020, 11:15 AM
I've been watching 1997 Nitro's. This is supposed to be their hottest year but the majority of their shows are absolute dog-shit sprinkled in with some classic moments here and there. Even the "good stuff" wasn't great to watch. The majority of NWO segments went on so long and most of them were Hogan ranting for 20 minutes. The CW's were the only ones capable of putting on consistently good matches, and not even most of them.

The WWF shows were so much better at this time, it's not even funny.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-10-2020, 06:02 PM
I don't want to see Jim Cornette in any role in any wrestling company. Wrestling doesn't need people like him.

Y 2 Jake
04-11-2020, 07:04 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed Netflix's The Main Even and The Big Show Show despite them both being trash.

smarkmouth
04-12-2020, 06:32 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed Netflix's The Main Even and The Big Show Show despite them both being trash.

The plot of the Main Event sounds like the Mass Transit incident.

Alex
04-14-2020, 03:07 PM
Tom Barber from Chelsea Grin looks a bit like a skinnier Bray Wyatt

https://s3-us-east-2.amazonaws.com/tattoo-media/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/06160052/chelsea-grin-w18b.jpg

BestSportsEntertainer
04-14-2020, 05:03 PM
If you want to make 100% sure you can continue working, RKO your boss so you'll be classified as essential

smarkmouth
04-14-2020, 09:24 PM
Reasons we've been talking about Vince McMahon this week:

Fraud.
Endangering staff.
More fraud.
Hush money.

And it's only Tuesday.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-17-2020, 03:26 PM
Man, SummerSlam '13 is freaking awesome.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-17-2020, 05:00 PM
Chuck Taylor's Twitter account is one of the best things in wrestling

BestSportsEntertainer
04-17-2020, 11:44 PM
Tamina actually beat Sasha Banks on Smackdown tonight :lmao:

#AbsoluteUnit
04-18-2020, 06:03 AM
Not really interested in another New Day tag-team reign to be real honest.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-18-2020, 04:53 PM
New Japan and Ring of Honor are paying all their staff and wrestlers their full salary. Why can't WWE?

OYDK
04-18-2020, 06:14 PM
New Japan and Ring of Honor are paying all their staff and wrestlers their full salary. Why can't WWE?

Shareholders.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-19-2020, 02:39 AM
WWE's unused ring gear for The Revival's comedy gimmick... why...

https://www.bodyslam.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/revival-repackage-2.jpg

#AbsoluteUnit
04-19-2020, 05:10 AM
That's some bad photoshop

smarkmouth
04-19-2020, 09:00 AM
WWE's unused ring gear for The Revival's comedy gimmick... why...

https://www.bodyslam.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/revival-repackage-2.jpg

I just imagine Vince keeping this close to his chest, a last resort in convincing Dash & Dawson to sign a new contract. When all else fails, sliding this rendering across the table.

Spidey
04-19-2020, 03:39 PM
I know it's easy to pick on Vince for crazy gimmick ideas but dudes in lipstick is a reach for reality

smarkmouth
04-19-2020, 10:52 PM
I've never seen PAC and Oney Lorcan with a wig on in the same place and neither have you!

Yer Maw
04-23-2020, 03:28 AM
I'm so glad AEW are pushing the young guys like Dustin Rhodes.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Today's the 2 year anniversary, and it really doesn't get old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Sz2aZ6uuc

smarkmouth
04-27-2020, 06:54 PM
Today's the 2 year anniversary, and it really doesn't get old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Sz2aZ6uuc

We're so lucky we're able to laugh at this clip. I feel like if there was a difference of 4" it could have been scary if not tragic.

BestSportsEntertainer
04-27-2020, 11:29 PM
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1254970622121254914

Becky Lynch tweeted a picture of a spoon and everyone's trying to find out what it means but I'm just amazed a picture of a spoon can get 3,000 likes

Fire Marshall Bill
04-29-2020, 05:49 PM
Silver spoon. Seems pretty obvious to me. Now what/who she?s referring to? 🤷*♀️ Seems like the kind of thing she?d post if she were feuding with Charlotte.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-02-2020, 01:33 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/383331-why-the-wwes-biggest-mistake-so-far-was-letting-mike-knox-go

The final sentence killed me

#AbsoluteUnit
05-02-2020, 06:13 AM
Writer was trying real hard to be humorous.

Yer Maw
05-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Writer was trying real hard to be humorous.

Why does he want to be Bill DeMott?

Alex
05-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Everyone took the piss out of TNA/Impact during the 2000s for relying on older stars but they've arguably built more stars in the 2010s than any other major promotion. Think about it. They built up more stars that other promotions pinched than those same promotions have built up themselves. Ironically enough those same bigger promotions (WWE, AEW) rely more on older stars than younger stars currently.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-04-2020, 11:44 PM
This gets said about almost everyone, but Ricochet needs to leave WWE.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-05-2020, 05:37 AM
You're right.

Alex
05-09-2020, 08:29 AM
Ace Austin is money. And I fill expect him to become a massive star within the next five years (providing he doesn't do anything stupid)

Yer Maw
05-10-2020, 04:07 AM
Ace Austin is money. And I fill expect him to become a massive star within the next five years (providing he doesn't do anything stupid)

Like sign for WWE?

Alex
05-10-2020, 11:25 AM
Like sign for WWE?

That could be one

BestSportsEntertainer
05-11-2020, 09:17 AM
"In August 1993, the brothers debuted in WCW as the tag team Harlem Heat, with Booker renamed Kole and Lash renamed Kane. They were then billed from Harlem. Originally, they were supposed to be a pair of wrestling prisoners won in a card game by manager Col. Rob Parker, but was changed due to racial sensitivity based on their look, coming out to the ring in wrist and foot shackles."

....what?

Spidey
05-11-2020, 09:23 AM
Not a gripe really, but this is the only work of fiction I know where the hulking giant broody guy with the top prize gets called an underdog repeatedly.

Yer Maw
05-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Vinnie Mac looks so old now.

smarkmouth
05-11-2020, 12:50 PM
Otis wants to cash in his briefcase on the tag titles. If common sense prevails, Tucker needs to persuade him to go for the WWE title. There' mileage on such a storyline.

Alex
05-12-2020, 06:21 AM
I found out Crazzy Steve is legally blind. Pretty crazy considering he's pretty decent in the ring

#AbsoluteUnit
05-12-2020, 09:38 AM
Matt Hardy went from teleportation to outfit changing. Totally legit.

Y 2 Jake
05-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Seth Rollins seems like the sort of guy to put pin pricks in a condom so he can tie Becky down for life.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-12-2020, 08:34 PM
I've been watching WrestleMania 3, and the commentary is 100x better than today's.

Alex
05-13-2020, 08:30 AM
Impact Wrestling still has a better female roster than WWE and AEW.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-13-2020, 02:45 PM
I don?t watch Impact, but being better than AEWs female roster is an extremely low bar.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-13-2020, 02:52 PM
Seth Rollins seems like the sort of guy to put pin pricks in a condom so he can tie Becky down for life.

This is a random statement lol. Especially since they probably haven?t used them in quite a long time, if ever.

Alex
05-14-2020, 06:13 AM
I don?t watch Impact, but being better than AEWs female roster is an extremely low bar.

I remember watching the Double Or Nothing PPV and was impressed with the female talent that performed and after reading about the other talent they'd signed/ were looking into (Allie, Tenille Dashwood etc) I was impressed. Then somewhere along the way half of them left and the other half don't seem to do anything.

Honestly I could argue a lot of the male talent is eh as well and the storylines aren't massively interesting. It's part of the reason I stopped watching. Impact may be the equivalent of B-movie schlock and NWA may be going for a proper old school feel but they keep me engaged.

Spidey
05-14-2020, 11:17 AM
NXT Takeover: In Your House has got to be some sort of oxymoron

smarkmouth
05-15-2020, 08:22 AM
Call me when they announce NXT Takeover: American Gladiators.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-15-2020, 10:26 AM
A little over a month ago after Gargano and Ciampa's Empty Arena match, Bryan Alvarez complained about Mauro Ranallo's commentary. Only problem is the match didn't have commentary.

After the Money in the Bank Ladder match, Alvarez complained about Otis climbing the ladder to win after he broke a previous ladder. Except he didn't climb the ladder to win.

Complaining is one thing, but making up stuff to complain about is another. Sure he could've misremembered. It happens to all of us from time to time, but look at his response.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1261113614473162754

"Listen here, Jack. I watch EVERY show I review. Yes, I made mistakes in the last month between the 108 total hours of TV I watched and podcasts I created. I realize everyone?s carefully-crafted Internet personas don?t ever make mistakes, but in real life we actually do."

Pretty ironic that he gets offended over someone nitpicking and overcriticizing his work when he literally gets paid to nitpick and overcriticize WWE.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-15-2020, 10:30 AM
^ Got to love dirt sheet writers.

Spidey
05-15-2020, 01:04 PM
It surprises me that anyone still cares about dirt sheet writers.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-15-2020, 01:36 PM
^ To follow up on that, not only to care about dirt sheet writers, but to have a dirt sheet writer have a failed pro wrestling career.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
05-15-2020, 04:48 PM
Wrestling is really lacking Italian Mobsters right now.

smarkmouth
05-16-2020, 05:55 PM
Just randomly thought of Bluetista and I can't stop laughing.

smarkmouth
05-17-2020, 06:30 AM
Tired: Bluetista

Wired: Batista Azul

Storm Trooper
05-17-2020, 07:19 AM
Tired: Bluetista

Wired: BatistAzul

Fixed

Fire Marshall Bill
05-17-2020, 12:27 PM
I remember watching the Double Or Nothing PPV and was impressed with the female talent that performed and after reading about the other talent they'd signed/ were looking into (Allie, Tenille Dashwood etc) I was impressed. Then somewhere along the way half of them left and the other half don't seem to do anything.

Honestly I could argue a lot of the male talent is eh as well and the storylines aren't massively interesting. It's part of the reason I stopped watching. Impact may be the equivalent of B-movie schlock and NWA may be going for a proper old school feel but they keep me engaged.

My biggest problem is they?re already turning into TNA. Pushing former WWE talent the instant the come in. It?s boring and predictable.

Y 2 Jake
05-17-2020, 01:53 PM
I don't agree wholeheartedly but I think Lee and Hardy, as much as I like them, feel a bit low level for their current positions.

Alex
05-18-2020, 06:49 AM
My biggest problem is they?re already turning into TNA. Pushing former WWE talent the instant the come in. It?s boring and predictable.

The funny thing is ever since WWE and AEW stole most of Impact's roster they've had to build up the guys they have/get and they've done a great job. These guys can showcase their personality and wrestling abilities a lot more than the WWE and AEW guys.

What is funny is years ago I tried to get some friends to watch TNA back in the day and they would give excuses (promoting ex WWE guys, to many factions etc) and now they're loving AEW for doing the exact same thing haha.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-18-2020, 07:08 PM
Really smart for Becky to get pregnant to avoid a feud with Nia Jax

#AbsoluteUnit
05-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Nia is just a temporary monster for Asuka to slay

Alex
05-19-2020, 10:51 AM
I reckon with the large amount of promotions right now (WWE, AEW, Impact, NWA, ROH, NJPW, MLW etc) It seems we're going back to something more akin to the territory days.

smarkmouth
05-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Random ass take: Remove "World" and brand names from championships. Get creative and build prestige around the championship's history alone.

Alex
05-24-2020, 09:39 AM
Random ass take: Remove "World" and brand names from championships. Get creative and build prestige around the championship's history alone.

I don't mind the Universal title name but honestly they could have it and one of the tag team titles with Global in the title (like TNA did back in the day) and have one of the women's titles called Amazon as they were historically strong women.

Here's the names I'd pick

WWE Championship
Universal Championship (or Global)
WWE Tag Team Championship
Global Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship
Amazon Championship

Unique names that aren't tied to a particular brand that sound good. If you want to be really pompous you could call one of the tag titles the Dioscuri Championship (after Castor & Pollux from Greek myth) or Gemini (twins)

smarkmouth
05-24-2020, 01:13 PM
I don't mind the Universal title name but honestly they could have it and one of the tag team titles with Global in the title (like TNA did back in the day) and have one of the women's titles called Amazon as they were historically strong women.

Here's the names I'd pick

WWE Championship
Universal Championship (or Global)
WWE Tag Team Championship
Global Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship
Amazon Championship

Unique names that aren't tied to a particular brand that sound good. If you want to be really pompous you could call one of the tag titles the Dioscuri Championship (after Castor & Pollux from Greek myth) or Gemini (twins)

I forget what company, but I believe there's a title called the Prometheus Championship - after the Greek trickster God - and the rules surrounding championship matches are selected by the champ. Which sounds like the raddest shit ever.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-26-2020, 04:03 PM
Charlotte isn't as big of a star as WWE thinks she is.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-26-2020, 05:35 PM
^ I agree with you on that one

BestSportsEntertainer
05-26-2020, 06:01 PM
This is probably a stretch but was the Viking Raiders/Street Profits golf game a shot at the Tiger Woods/Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning/Phil Mickelson game on Sunday?

I think it's an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of that event and the lack of live sports. The basketball game happened during the Last Dance documentary.

For obvious reasons, it won't work lol. No one cares about 2 random WWE tag teams playing basketball. They want to see their favorite college and NBA teams.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2020, 11:52 AM
Remember when people said Ricochet wasn't buried and wait and see what happens?

We're still waiting.

Alex
05-27-2020, 01:30 PM
As a person who has tattoos and who likes tattoo art most wrestlers seem to have really badly designed or placed tattoos.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2020, 02:14 PM
Don't you dare disrespect Brock Lesnar's chest penis

Fire Marshall Bill
05-27-2020, 03:00 PM
Charlotte isn't as big of a star as WWE thinks she is.

It?s all relative. In the world of professional wrestling she?s the biggest active star out there and it?s not close.

Remember when people said Ricochet wasn't buried and wait and see what happens?

We're still waiting.

In the world of COVID19, no ones status is guaranteed. He?s shown up for a couple of tapings and that?s it, but there?s not many matches actually happening on each show, so less wrestlers are being used. You think Roman Reigns is buried right now? That was rhetorical.

But it was kind of stupid to debut and appear to push a new tag team that they?re not using much. They even lost to some no name tag team already. Weird times we?re living in. But again, weird times, because I doubt that tag team would?ve even debuted had the roster being used not been so dwindled.

Alex
05-27-2020, 03:41 PM
Don't you dare disrespect Brock Lesnar's chest penis

Honestly it's one of the better wrestler tattoo designs in my opinion

BestSportsEntertainer
05-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Stephanie McMahon was the highest rated woman in WWE 2k16. Wow they've come a long way since then.

Spidey
05-28-2020, 04:48 PM
When it came to realism, Jack Tunney was an excellent choice for an on-screen boss. He was dry enough to come across as a real authority figure and there was no fear of him overshadowing any of his employees. I know he gets crap for being rather boring but that's kind of how bosses are when they're not blackmailing the locker room to literally kiss their ass.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-28-2020, 05:31 PM
Carmella had an overall rating of 80 in WWE 2K17/18 don't remember which one.

Storm Trooper
05-28-2020, 08:52 PM
Cody having weekly open challenges for the TNT title. Rehash of the John Cena US Title Open Challenges.

Jericho and Tyson re-do the Tyson/Austin pull-apart.

AEW is stealing from WWE but no one will care because AEW RULZ! WWE SUX.

Yer Maw
05-28-2020, 10:51 PM
Yeah because John Cena was the first wrestler ever to do open challenges.

Storm Trooper
05-28-2020, 11:58 PM
Yeah because John Cena was the first wrestler ever to do open challenges.
I cannot recall people having WEEKLY open challenges which is what Cody said he was gonna do.

So yeah, actually if that's what Cody is gonna do then yes they are rehashing old WWE stuff.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-29-2020, 12:20 AM
WWE didn't invent weekly open challenges lol.

Yer Maw
05-29-2020, 09:03 AM
I cannot recall people having WEEKLY open challenges which is what Cody said he was gonna do.

So yeah, actually if that's what Cody is gonna do then yes they are rehashing old WWE stuff.

If you can prove to me that no other wrestler in the history of wrestling didn't do weekly open challenges or open challenges every time they were on TV or ppv then I will eat my hat.

Yer Maw
05-30-2020, 07:11 AM
Man, I can't believe WWE copied AEW by doing a battle royal on smackdown.

Storm Trooper
05-30-2020, 08:01 AM
WWE didn't invent weekly open challenges lol.
Who did it first? Don't just say shit asshole, prove it. One guy doing an open challenge every week has not been done (to my knowledge) since WWF went national, especially as a regularly announced gimmick.

If you can prove to me that no other wrestler in the history of wrestling didn't do weekly open challenges or open challenges every time they were on TV or ppv then I will eat my hat.
You need to prove that it happened before. And if you can't than you can just fuck right off, and take a long walk off a short pier.

I'm 35 years old and have been watching wrestling my whole life. John Cena was the first I recall ever doing WEEKLY open challenges. Cody said he is doing the same thing, a thing that is not common to anything in the past 20+ years. So yes, he would be copying him, and to think otherwise is just being a stupid shit.

Man, I can't believe WWE copied AEW by doing a battle royal on smackdown.
You really are a stupid fuck. I mean seriously. If you're gonna mock someone, at least be right the first time you fuck.

Yer Maw
05-30-2020, 09:19 AM
You're 35 and this is the way you talk to strangers on the internet who disagree with you? That's sad.

OYDK
05-30-2020, 12:50 PM
1. Cena's the only person I can think of that's done "weekly open challenges" when it came to title defenses. I'm sure there have been guys who defended their title every week, or issued open challenges here and there, but when it comes to weekly title defenses against unnamed opponents, Cena's the only one that comes to mind. Although I'm sure it's been done somewhere at some point in time before then.

2. I'm not sure it matters whether WWE created the concept or not anyway. Weekly open challenges are a great idea for a new company like AEW considering the possibilities, and they were a great idea when WWE did it. Not using great concepts because you're scared of copying is stupid. Most major companies have done it dozens of times in the past.

Alex
05-30-2020, 04:16 PM
Off the top of my head I think Cody has worked for the most major promotions since 2010 (WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW, AEW). I think Matt Hardy is 2nd (WWE, TNA, ROH, AEW)

#AbsoluteUnit
05-31-2020, 05:24 PM
Charlotte is not the first NXT champion to appear on all three shows within a week. Here are two examples, both in 2015:

https://i.redd.it/rforvgxuy4251.jpg

BestSportsEntertainer
06-01-2020, 05:12 PM
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/man-previously-shot-at-the-wwe-pc-streams-hearing-with-wwe-670950/

"At one point the judge asked Montalvo if he would agree to stay 1,000 feet from WWE property, but Montalvo would not agree to that. He mentioned wanting to face Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon in court, and possibly getting a match with CM Punk or getting the chance to wash the hair of "the Divas" if a potential agreement was reached. Montalvo made several bizarre statements during the hearing, and was reprimanded by the judge at one point after addressing her as "babygirl" several times. He mentioned several times how he "is the business" and offers the WWE Universe a product that is much better than the one WWE produces right now."

This entire paragraph is wild, but I love how he says he "is the business". He doesn't mean business, he's not a member of the business, he IS the entire business.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-03-2020, 02:02 AM
Just realized AEW is copying WWE by having an owner who supports Donald Trump smh

Y 2 Jake
06-03-2020, 03:00 PM
What happened to the fan that used to be at a lot of shows WWF in the 90s? Large oval glasses and a tan complexion.