PDA

View Full Version : Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

OYDK
04-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Honestly, there's no reason for me to post this other than the fact that I'm an egotistical bastard who thinks people give a fuck about what I think. Still, there are a lot of random thoughts that cross my mind now and again, and I doubt I'm the only one. This thread's for people who either want to post their random wrestling thinkits or for those who find a point they deem worth discussing.

1. How awesome were Tyson Kidd and Cesaro as a team? Do people still remember them and their awesomeness?

2. Speaking of Cesaro tag teams, does anybody remember how The Bar got started? That best of 7 series that everyone hated and than the beginning of their pairing where they won the tag titles and were just ripped apart by the online community? Who would have thought they would have become one of the best tag teams of this generation? Granted this generation of tag teams pretty much sucks but... still.

3. A lot of fans talk about how WWE doesn't give a shit about their employees, but I find it really admirable that they seem to actively try and put the SO's/married couples on the same brand. They could be dicks and split up families without a second thought but the only time I can remember that happening is with Paige and Del Rio. So that's pretty cool.

4. I posted a thread a while back about who would be remembered more fondly; the Shield or New Day. Almost everyone said The Shield. With Kofi's title win, I honestly think New Day have surpassed the Shield in terms of historical significance. Plus, they really are the better faction.

5. I wonder if the men are embarrassed that they were surpassed by the women last year. I know it's not PC to say that but it can't feel great to be the first male roster to not main event Wrestlemania.

That's it.

JHOLCOMB22
04-23-2019, 01:42 AM
1. Oh I remember. I still have my Cesaro Kidd est 12.??.?? shirt in my closet. Their finisher where Cesaro did his swing and Kidd timed his kick was fantastic.

2. I liken him to Billy Gunn. Great tag team partner whether with Bart, NAO or Billy and Chuck. You could have thrown in Cesaros run with Hero before WWE as well.

3. They do like to split up the daters though. But the fact that they take care of most rehab, drug or otherwise is also cool.

4. I think this one can and will still be debated. With all 3 members of the Shield holding a major heavyweight Championship, if not multiple. Kofi's is more special, primarily because he is still with the group at the time of capturing the title. I still think Big E might need to do the same at some point, and assuming Dean stays away and we don't get multiple Shield reunions the way we do with DX at every reunion, I could see this one going either way.

5. I think part of this is on creative as a whole. The only storyline that could have even made sense to replace the Womens triple threat was one that was seemingly forced upon them in the Kofi groundswell. Otherwise, they wouldn't have even given us that storyline. With so much talent on both sides, I don't think anyone should feel embarrassed though.

Jack-Hammer
04-23-2019, 10:38 AM
Honestly, there's no reason for me to post this other than the fact that I'm an egotistical bastard who thinks people give a fuck about what I think. Still, there are a lot of random thoughts that cross my mind now and again, and I doubt I'm the only one. This thread's for people who either want to post their random wrestling thinkits or for those who find a point they deem worth discussing.

1. How awesome were Tyson Kidd and Cesaro as a team? Do people still remember them and their awesomeness?

2. Speaking of Cesaro tag teams, does anybody remember how The Bar got started? That best of 7 series that everyone hated and than the beginning of their pairing where they won the tag titles and were just ripped apart by the online community? Who would have thought they would have become one of the best tag teams of this generation? Granted this generation of tag teams pretty much sucks but... still.

3. A lot of fans talk about how WWE doesn't give a shit about their employees, but I find it really admirable that they seem to actively try and put the SO's/married couples on the same brand. They could be dicks and split up families without a second thought but the only time I can remember that happening is with Paige and Del Rio. So that's pretty cool.

4. I posted a thread a while back about who would be remembered more fondly; the Shield or New Day. Almost everyone said The Shield. With Kofi's title win, I honestly think New Day have surpassed the Shield in terms of historical significance. Plus, they really are the better faction.

5. I wonder if the men are embarrassed that they were surpassed by the women last year. I know it's not PC to say that but it can't feel great to be the first male roster to not main event Wrestlemania.

That's it.

1. I thought they were a good team. Tyson had improved from the stint he'd had in NXT, he'd actually learned how to cut a pretty good promo, and they functioned well as a team as they brought stuff to the table that complimented each other. Kidd was faster and quicker while Cesaro is kind of a jack of all trades in that he does well as a technical guy, a power guy, a brawler and even an athletic guy. He's not the best in any of those sections, but he's quite good in enough of them to really make him a well rounded guy.

2. The Bar was started when Mick Foley, when he was functioning as Raw GM and after being impressed with their best of 7 series, decided to pair them up as a team. Personally, I enjoyed their series of matches and I think most of the hate was geared towards Sheamus as his third WWE Championship run took place in late 2015 and was part of a bigger issue with WWE constantly pushing Roman Reigns, Triple H being in the picture, manufacturing another big moment for Reigns, etc.. Plus, Sheamus was someone who hadn't really been thought of as a real player by a lot of fans for a while. As far as their formation into a team, I was skeptical but I was hopeful as they had the potential to be a good hoss tag team and they turned out to be much better than I thought.

3. There's this purveying myth about WWE that it's this evil corporation in which management gets its rocks off by seeing how much of a living hell it can make out of the lives of its employees. WWE's a victim of its own success in that it's often targeted for business practices that are practiced by the rest of the wrestling industry, only they're the easier and most convenient target. Now, I'm not going to try to pretend that WWE doesn't make some highly questionable business decisions in which ethics and morality get their balls torn off, because we all know it happens. While it's not remotely the entrance to the deepest, dankest pit of Hell, it's also not some liberal arts college campus where everyone loves each other, gets along all the time and holds hands in a circle singing Age of Aquarius. It's a place of business where everyone's human and everyone has human flaws and such flaws include behaving in ways, saying things or doing things that aren't exactly what most people would call nice. Guess what, that's life in a nutshell all around the world everywhere, every day. My problem with WWE is that it tries to be too corporate, too slickly polished to the point where it comes off as cold and unfeeling. As a result, WWE management often comes off as highly pretentious and maybe some of them feel like they're about to choke on what they're saying or trying to sell because it's what their boss wants them to but, like it or not, it's their job. I don't believe that WWE doesn't care about its talent, I think a big part of the problem is that the attitudes of people have changed. Nowadays, the Millennial mind set is that if you don't give someone everything they want, then you're labeled as some sort of prick. Everybody wants a push, everybody wants to be in a prominent spot, some are threatening to quit because they don't like how they're being used, some are quitting because they're unhappy in the direction they're going, etc.. WWE can't please everybody and everybody can't always get what they want, how they want it and when they want it. WWE is demanding, most definitely, and sometimes I do think that WWE demands too much of its wrestlers but you can't convince me that Vince and WWE management are assholes who treat talent like garbage for shits and giggles. WWE has a Wellness Policy that's stronger than most of what you see applied to professional sports, the company is willing to pay for drug & alchohol rehabilitation, they don't just let talent go at the drop of a hat anymore, especially while they're injured as was the case once upon a time, etc.. It's unfortunate that it took the tragedy of Benoit and the government threatening to essentially ass rape Vince McMahon by taking control of and regulating WWE, but at least something positive has come out of it.

4. As to who will be remembered more fondly....hmmm, I'd probably still go with the Shield as they were the first truly genuine super faction WWE had probably since the days of Evolution. All three men have already had HOF worthy singles careers and will no doubt be inducted as a faction at some point as well. Still, I won't argue with anyone who picks New Day as they've most definitely earned every bit of adulation and respect they've garnered. New Day will be remembered fondly, maybe not as fondly because people always tend to remember dominant, vicious groups more. New Day, however, is the group that scratched, bit and clawed its way into not only acceptance but one of the most over acts on the entire WWE roster at any point during this decade. New Day could be argued as the heart and soul of WWE's tag team revival. I've no doubt New Day will be in the HOF some day and, frankly, I think Woods and Big E can have successful careers as singles guys like Kofi has, but Kofi is the only one who could be in the HOF by himself. Kofi is the current WWE Champion, he's a 4 time IC champ, 3 time US champ, 8 time Tag Team champ and has spent more total days as a tag champ than any other wrestler in WWE history.

5. There probably are some who feel embarrassed about it. However, those are also probably the same type of men who really dislike to give women the credit they deserve in the first place. Women in WWE now are out there legitimately taking the same sort of risks as the men are, they're having to work hard to prove themselves and they can't just skate by on being eye candy.

OYDK
04-24-2019, 07:16 PM
What it takes to be an indie darling:

1. Don't be overtly large OR be an agile fat man.
2. Have long hair.
3. Have a two-word slogan so fans can run it into the ground.
4. Trash "sports entertainment."
5. Be advanced in gymnastics.

ShinChan
04-25-2019, 12:29 AM
What it takes to be an indie darling:

1. Don't be overtly large OR be an agile fat man.
2. Have long hair.
3. Have a two-word slogan so fans can run it into the ground.
4. Trash "sports entertainment."
5. Be advanced in gymnastics.
WALTER & Keith Lee were exceptions.

OYDK
04-25-2019, 03:10 PM
WALTER & Keith Lee were exceptions.

Isn't Keith Lee an agile fat man?

ShinChan
04-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Isn't Keith Lee an agile fat man?
I took it as "don't be an agile fat man".

My bad.

Feels like R-Truth now.

OYDK
05-01-2019, 05:29 PM
- I'm surprised WWE's still rolling with the Firefly Fun House. I honestly think the whole thing's going to get kaboshed because somebody's going to notice the low-key pedo vibes. To me, it's the best thing on Raw, but you can always count on social media dummies to ruin a good thing. So far, so good though.

- Wasn't Kurt Angle still having good matches before he signed with WWE? I'm not sure because I wasn't watching Impact but I remember hearing that he was still performing at a high level. I find it odd that once he came to WWE, he seemingly lost all ability to have a good match.

- Anybody else remember that speech that WWE gave a while back saying things were going to change? Yeah, me neither.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-11-2019, 12:26 PM
We just had a show in a country that doesn't allow women to wrestle, and our title contender on our #1 show got her match by sleeping with authority figures.

YAY WOMEN'S REVOLUTION!!!

BestSportsEntertainer
06-12-2019, 04:26 PM
WWE deserves to die if Shane wins the WWE Title.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-17-2019, 02:25 AM
Chris Jericho can get ANYTHING over. Omaha steaks, stupid idiot, the list, etc.

Jack-Hammer
06-17-2019, 06:45 AM
WWE deserves to die if Shane wins the WWE Title.

I agree and, unfortunately, I think that may very well be the direction they're going. Given the nonsense that Vince McMahon calls creative ideas on the main roster, the most insanely stupid ideas can no longer just be easily written off as having no chance of happening.

Shane has been feuding with and has defeated, in matches where he's been hilariously outclassed, two former World Champions and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon. SummerSlam is coming up in a few months and with the whole "best in the world" thing still being shoved up our asses multiple times each week, it seems that the "best in the world" would want to truly solidify that position by becoming either WWE or Universal Champion. As much as I dislike the notion, I'd prefer Brock Lesnar to win one of the titles again rather than Vince's near 50 year old bastard man-child of a son.

Jack-Hammer
06-17-2019, 06:54 AM

In WWE right now, there are probably quite a few wrestlers who could get just about anything over if they were actually allowed to do their jobs and be professional wrestlers instead of glorified, athletic actors reading canned lines from a script they can't deviate from.

If Jericho popped up in WWE today as some young stud in his late 20s full of energy, passion, ability and buzz from work he'd done before coming to WWE, I don't think he'd be nearly as bit of a star 5 years from now. One advantage Jericho had was the fact that he worked for WWE nearly 20 years and came on board during a time when wrestlers were allowed to have some genuine creative freedom, but they were allowed to really succeed or fail on their own merit most of the time. As a result of the quality he consistently put out, Jericho became one of these locker room leaders, also an elder statesman if you will, who's years of excellence and devotion to WWE earned him the right to actually have far more creative input than modern day stars.

Not just anybody can get over, don't get me wrong on that as some wrestlers just don't have what it takes. However, I do believe most of them would have a better shot if they were allowed to try their thing organically rather than repeating memorized lines from a script they can't deviate from that was, most likely, either written or dictated to someone else by an out of step 73 year old man so set in his ways that he can't see, or at least pretends he doesn't see, his company going down the crapper.

EnviousDominous
06-18-2019, 08:25 AM
The WWE should have hired Kris Wolf in 2016.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-19-2019, 04:19 AM
Bad look for AEW not letting Moxley work NJPW events in the US. Seems hypocritical.

Alex
06-19-2019, 05:49 AM

I love how he talks about Omaha steaks and Arman Hammer Cat litter on his podcast. Not going to lie if I was in the states I would definitely try out the steaks

Spidey
06-19-2019, 09:08 AM
Bad look for AEW not letting Moxley work NJPW events in the US. Seems hypocritical.

How so? He's free to work outside the states, barring it doesn't fall on dates set for AEW shows. That and New Japan didn't make any announcement about Moxley working matches for them in the states. Seems like a nothing headline.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-25-2019, 12:25 AM
The best wrestling in the world probably doesn't feature Baron Corbin getting 3 world title matches on 3 consecutive PPVs... Just saying.

Sufferin' Succotash
06-25-2019, 07:29 AM
He's probably the best heel right now, so it makes sense to have him challenge the top face.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-25-2019, 07:38 AM
He's probably the best heel right now, so it makes sense to have him challenge the top face.

Even if you think he's the best heel (and I strongly disagree), there's no reason to do that match or any match at 3 PPVs in just 7 weeks.

Sufferin' Succotash
06-25-2019, 08:55 AM
But why? People fighting each other in a few consecutive PPVs has always been a thing in WWE. If Rollins beats a new person every PPV, then after about 6 months, if that, there will be nobody worth facing left.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-25-2019, 10:14 AM
But why? People fighting each other in a few consecutive PPVs has always been a thing in WWE. If Rollins beats a new person every PPV, then after about 6 months, if that, there will be nobody worth facing left.

WWE should cut down on their PPVs then. 3 in 7 weeks is ridiculous. Rollins has already beaten Corbin twice, and it wasn't interesting the first time.

There's plenty of other challengers, especially with the Wild Card Rule. Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Drew McIntyre, Daniel Bryan, Andrade, Sami Zayn, The Miz, etc. They're all much better choices than Corbin.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Nicholas should win the 24/7 Title.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-25-2019, 06:09 PM
The greatest WWE Champion of all time Jinder Mahal has signed with WWE for 5 more years. Beware Kofi Kingston and Seth Rollins. The Maharaja will reach the top again!

BestSportsEntertainer
06-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Time to lay the tarps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER07IVqSDw0

smarkmouth
06-28-2019, 09:09 PM
Time to lay the tarps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER07IVqSDw0

Good find. Worth a click.

OYDK
06-29-2019, 04:46 AM
Tommy Dreamer really said he seriously considered going to Wrestlemania 17 with a gun and shooting Paul Heyman in the head.

CTE at its finest folks.

smarkmouth
06-29-2019, 05:38 AM
Tommy Dreamer really said he seriously considered going to Wrestlemania 17 with a gun and shooting Paul Heyman in the head.

CTE at its finest folks.

bUT wWe NeEds mORe cHAiR shOTs TO ThE HeAd.

OYDK
07-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Crash Holly's super-heavyweight gimmick is a criminally underrated comedy shtick. As a matter of fact, Crash Holly himself is very underrated for how well he played his role. I always found him more entertaining than cousin Hardcore.

If Bob Backlund were 10 years younger in the mid-90s, his wildman gimmick would have made him a top star. Backlund was absolute gold around that time.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Kofi Kingston's last two challengers (Ziggler and Joe) are known for putting people to sleep.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 09:47 PM
Sometimes I wonder why Vince doesn't listen to fans, and then I go on Twitter

smarkmouth
07-21-2019, 10:38 PM
Okada should win the G1 and opt to defend against Jushin Liger.

Aeon Mathix
07-29-2019, 06:24 PM
For someone labeled â??Superâ?, John Cena has lost a ton of matches, mostly high profile as well. You could say heâ??s quite a choker.

Lost WWE title against RVD at ONS
Lost against Punk in Chicago
Lost against Rock at Mania
Lost against Batista at SS
First one to not cash in MITB successfully
Lost against AJ at Summerslam
Got destroyed against Lesnar at SS

I could keep going point iâ??m Making is even though he might come back and win later, he almost always loses the huge match that matters

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 10:48 PM
MJF is one of the best wrestlers in the world. He could be a multi-time WWE Champion by the end of his career.

smarkmouth
07-31-2019, 01:09 PM
MJF is one of the best wrestlers in the world. He could be a multi-time WWE Champion by the end of his career.

Dude's certainly a heat magnet. I'm happy he can go in the ring, but even if he didn't, he'll get over on character alone.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-03-2019, 08:18 AM
After Joey Janela's recent (now deleted) tweet to Enzo Amore, people think he's an idiot.

Because jumping off a roof into a flaming car wasn't enough proof.

Yer Maw
08-03-2019, 11:47 AM
What did he say?

BestSportsEntertainer
08-03-2019, 06:48 PM
What did he say?

https://i.redd.it/m514bm1g2jd31.jpg

#AbsoluteUnit
08-05-2019, 07:07 AM
Not mine but:

I thought HHH was a fancy dog trainer. His name was Hunter and his finisher is named after a dog food brand. And that's why when he joined Dx he recruited road dogg.

smarkmouth
08-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Submitted without comment aside from HOLY SHIT.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBPBv2dWsAA-0g1?format=jpg&name=small

smarkmouth
08-06-2019, 09:43 PM
The WWE Women's Tag Titles are yet to be awarded to new champs via a tag team match.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-12-2019, 05:41 AM
It's interesting that Styles matches with Balor, Joe, Ricochet, and Owens were good but don't come close to his matches with Cena.

smarkmouth
08-12-2019, 09:39 AM
The Fiend will be well booked and protected until IT Chapter Two progresses out of the zeitgeist.

Spidey
08-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Ember Moon is that chick that acts all mysterious and spooky until you spend time with her and realize she's just really into Halloween.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-18-2019, 12:20 PM
"WWE is producing too much content"

"WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T WATCH IT!!! YOU'RE JUST A WWE HATER!!! TRUE FANS WOULD WATCH 500 HOURS OF CONTENT EVERY WEEK!!!"

"Ok..."

FunKay
08-19-2019, 11:11 AM
I'm sad we never got Batista/Lesnar in WWE

smarkmouth
08-22-2019, 10:15 PM
Wasn't actually foreshadowing but I'm going to pretend it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0FkDRI-5s

smarkmouth
08-23-2019, 11:46 AM
If I'm AEW, priority WWE poaches include Mustafa Ali and Titus O'Neill. Both great workers and true advocates for positive change.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Why haven't they done Bobby Lashley vs Brock Lesnar yet?

Spidey
08-23-2019, 03:03 PM
If I'm AEW, priority WWE poaches include Mustafa Ali and Titus O'Neill. Both great workers and true advocates for positive change.

Agreed. That and they have personality. Goes a long way for a scrub like me.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Women in WWE calling each other a bitch for a cheap pop every week is getting really old.

OYDK
09-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Am surprised that Ricochet is doing as well as he is. Always thought he would be the most underutilized indie star ever if he ever signed with WWE. Pretty much saw them using him like Apollo Crews.

Instead we've gotten the opposite. They've pushed him harder then his current abilities probably warrant. Only other person I can think of that got that sort of treatment was Finn Balor.

OYDK
09-06-2019, 01:58 PM
The librarian chick from AEW is Blue Pants. Weird.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-06-2019, 03:15 PM
I don't understand the hype surrounding Orange Cassidy, MJF, Juice Robinson and The Young Bucks.

OYDK
09-06-2019, 06:23 PM
How does Jericho make everything he does go mainstream? Do people actually know who Chris Jericho is?

Y 2 Jake
09-07-2019, 03:59 AM
I'm more excited for Ken Shamrock's return to Impact than I have been for anything else this year.

smarkmouth
09-07-2019, 07:38 AM
I don't understand the hype surrounding Orange Cassidy, MJF, Juice Robinson and The Young Bucks.

To each their own, but I'm putting MJF in my top 10 promos going today. Pair that with him just being a fantastic heel, I get the hype. Haven't seen enough of him in the ring to form an opinion on that side though.

Not a fan of the Bucks either, but they've devoted as much of their time doing wacky flips as they have in building a loyal fanbase. VERY loyal.

OC, a good looking guy with comedy chops. AEW was wise to get him, even if I'm not a fan.

Spidey
09-07-2019, 10:09 AM
Orange Cassidy has the kayfabe work ethic fans can relate to, give or take he's a few hundred pounds lighter than them.

OYDK
09-07-2019, 12:59 PM
MJF is legit AEW's brightest and future biggest star. If he's not their HHH in a few years, than they're dummies.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-07-2019, 05:53 PM
To each their own, but I'm putting MJF in my top 10 promos going today. Pair that with him just being a fantastic heel, I get the hype. Haven't seen enough of him in the ring to form an opinion on that side though.

Not a fan of the Bucks either, but they've devoted as much of their time doing wacky flips as they have in building a loyal fanbase. VERY loyal.

OC, a good looking guy with comedy chops. AEW was wise to get him, even if I'm not a fan.

All good!

BestSportsEntertainer
09-07-2019, 06:04 PM
A lot of the appeal of MJF is that you see so many wrestlers today who are great in the ring but have no personality.

It's very refreshing to see someone who's that good on the mic at such a young age.

mrluck_07
09-07-2019, 07:57 PM
A lot of the appeal of MJF is that you see so many wrestlers today who are great in the ring but have no personality.

It's very refreshing to see someone who's that good on the mic at such a young age.

And from the little I've seen of him he's very committted to being a heel in a time where folks are afraid to get heat and any reaction is a reaction.

Yer Maw
09-08-2019, 04:13 AM
MJF is gold.

smarkmouth
09-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Orange Cassidy has the kayfabe work ethic fans can relate to, give or take he's a few hundred pounds lighter than them.

:lmao: I won't argue that this is absent in his appeal, but we can't ignore the meta comedy he brings to the table. Self-awareness is in vogue now and he brings that.

I do wonder how many weeks of his opponents selling being flabbergasted at his offense he can squeeze (pun intended) before it gets old, but pairing him with the Best Friends will extend the act's longevity. Smart move.

Now, on the subject of meta-comedy in wrestling, I want a damn DVD compilation on the career of Andreza Giant Panda please.

smarkmouth
09-10-2019, 07:50 AM
"wwe needs a good heel"
BARON CORBIN: "Everyone boos me and people actively don't want me to win."
"no not like that"

Y 2 Jake
09-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Matt Riddle's next feud should start when NXT introduce their latest signee at a Takeover they get an errant flip flop to the face.

OYDK
09-10-2019, 12:52 PM
"wwe needs a good heel"
BARON CORBIN: "Everyone boos me and people actively don't want me to win."
"no not like that"

It almost seems like the more legitimate heat a heel gets, the harder they get pushed.

Who could have thought?

Stone Cold Tea
09-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Wyatt to interfere this Sunday in the title match.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-12-2019, 03:36 PM
I have an obsession with Rhea Ripley. Sorry, not sorry. I don't know why, but it is what it is. Deal with it.

smarkmouth
09-16-2019, 06:29 AM
Remember how Woods and Big E did everything they could to get Kofi into the main event? Kofi now has to return the favour and put his title on the line in a winner take all 6-Man Hell In A Cell. But I haven't watched in awhile so what do I know?

smarkmouth
09-26-2019, 03:52 PM
Jerry Lawler's new catchphrase will be "tRIgGerED mUCh?" You heard it here first.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, but "AEW Dynamite" is way too corny and outdated. No way I'm actually calling it that.

Spidey
09-27-2019, 11:36 PM
With the most popular shows named "Monday Night Raw" and "Tuesday Night Smackdown", You're definitely overthinking it.

OYDK
09-30-2019, 08:39 PM
After seeing the Brock/Mysterio segment, I'm convinced a match between those two would be better than Lesnar/Bryan and Lesnar/Styles were.

smarkmouth
10-02-2019, 12:08 AM
AEW and NXT should play soccer near Christmas time for charity.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-02-2019, 06:21 AM
I legit thought SmackDown was on television last night. I'm an idiot. Hell, I nearly made a thread in the LD section.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-04-2019, 12:17 PM
Drunk Randy Orton is one of the best things about wrestling

Spidey
10-04-2019, 02:05 PM
AEW hasn't done well presenting characters and their story yet.

Neither does NXT for first time watchers and the bulk of modern WWE superstars like Ricochet (who we've known for over a year) and fans seem to not mind.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-04-2019, 04:35 PM
AEW hasn't done well presenting characters and their story yet.

Neither does NXT for first time watchers and the bulk of modern WWE superstars like Ricochet (who we've known for over a year) and fans seem to not mind.

You can't present characters that don't exist.

smarkmouth
10-04-2019, 04:59 PM
This is true, but if you follow BTE they do right by the characters. Hopefully as they get their feet under weekly TV they start to rely less and less on an auxiliary program.

OYDK
10-05-2019, 12:51 PM
Seems like SD's going to be catered specifically to the casuals. That's probably really good for WWE, really bad for the fans.

Sufferin' Succotash
10-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Why is entertainment bad for the fans?

OYDK
10-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Why is entertainment bad for the fans?

Depends on your definition of entertainment and what you watch wrestling for. I would hazard that many hardcore fans don't want to see someone like Cain Velasquez in a main event spot. Or Tyson Fury make an idiot out of Braun Strowman. Or see Kofi get squashed in six seconds. This is what WWE did on Raw for so many years but I foresee them taking it to another level now that Smackdown is on Fox. It was cool for one night. 3 months from now, it's going to be painful.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
10-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Or Tom Brady becoming US Champion.

OYDK
10-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Or Tom Brady becoming US Champion.

Tom Brady gets a pass. He's basically John Cena.

Sufferin' Succotash
10-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Depends on your definition of entertainment and what you watch wrestling for. I would hazard that many hardcore fans don't want to see someone like Cain Velasquez in a main event spot. Or Tyson Fury make an idiot out of Braun Strowman. Or see Kofi get squashed in six seconds. This is what WWE did on Raw for so many years but I foresee them taking it to another level now that Smackdown is on Fox. It was cool for one night. 3 months from now, it's going to be painful.

But WWE has pretty much always preferred the "casual entertainment" over wrestling. The hardcore fans know this yet still act surprised when it happens.

OYDK
10-06-2019, 11:53 AM
I don't think people are surprised, I think they're annoyed by it.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-06-2019, 09:25 PM
With AEW having their first show week, you think WWE would want to send the fans home happy with some incredible shows to steal some of the hype. Instead we've gotten...

Raw - Lana and Lashley

Smackdown - Kofi gets squashed, No Austin even though he was advertised

Hell in a Cell - DQ ending 2 years in a row

Like KB said, they're basically saying "F*** you, you'll watch anyway!"

...and they're probably right

klunderbunker
10-06-2019, 09:32 PM
With AEW having their first show week, you think WWE would want to send the fans home happy with some incredible shows to steal some of the hype. Instead we've gotten...

Raw - Lana and Lashley

Smackdown - Kofi gets squashed, No Austin even though he was advertised

Hell in a Cell - DQ ending 2 years in a row

Like KB said, they're basically saying "F*** you, you'll watch anyway!"

...and they're probably right

Also no Undertaker or Sting, both of whom were advertised.

FunKay
10-07-2019, 05:42 AM
There are alternatives to WWE if you look for them - I know its hard to get out of the loop there (and I'm still in it, just picking what I want) but things like MLW are very accessible not to mention the wealth of live shows and other promotions who are available on demand or on television (Impact, AEW, ROH) etc...

OYDK
10-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Some thoughts on the HIAC main event:

1. The Stomp can never be used as a finish again.
2. Bray Wyatt should never lose a regular one on one match again. WWE literally just told everyone that he's 50 times more resilient than the rest of the roster, including Brock Lesnar.
3. The HIAC PPV should probably die now, as should the match for a good LONG while.
4. The Fiend was saved at the very last second. If they had taken him out on a stretcher, that would have essentially murdered the character.
5. I knew WWE would find a way to fuck Bray Wyatt up again.

smarkmouth
10-08-2019, 01:57 PM
This is probably a mistake on WWE's alumni page, but...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGYJU2DWkAYXLB1?format=jpg&name=small

Yer Maw
10-08-2019, 02:57 PM
This is probably a mistake on WWE's alumni page, but...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGYJU2DWkAYXLB1?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah, when was Sullivan there?

Wildcat66
10-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Yeah, when was Sullivan there?

Speaking of Sullivan, what happened to Lars? I know his year turned out to be a disaster but it's like he's dropped off the face of the earth ever since that injury.

Y 2 Jake
10-09-2019, 09:42 AM
AEW needs to ban the cutter. Over Dynamite and Dark I counted 4.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-12-2019, 12:55 AM
In just a little over a week, WWE has given us...

Lesnar squashing Kofi

A referee stoppage inside the Cell

1/2 of a draft spoiled and possibly the rest

Shorty Gable

No advertised Austin, Taker, or Sting

Yet another announced Saudi show

Wow. You can say fans are too negative, but WWE give us plenty of reasons to be.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-12-2019, 02:20 AM
USA chose Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross with separate picks even though tag teams counted as one. Pure genius.

OYDK
10-12-2019, 11:31 AM
What WWE's going to do to Chad Gable is fucking criminal. The dude could be something really good but this gimmick is going to single-handedly destroy any chance he has as a future credible threat.

Undying
10-12-2019, 07:31 PM
What WWE's going to do to Chad Gable is fucking criminal. The dude could be something really good but this gimmick is going to single-handedly destroy any chance he has as a future credible threat.

It might be a master plan to piss off the fans and get them more behind Gable then before. Remember Bryan being the weakest link, a goat face, etc?

BestSportsEntertainer
10-12-2019, 07:51 PM
It might be a master plan to piss off the fans and get them more behind Gable then before. Remember Bryan being the weakest link, a goat face, etc?

It's the new Emmalina, except worse. Gable is going nowhere after this.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-12-2019, 07:57 PM
^ Which sucks, Gable is talented as hell. He doesn't deserve this treatment at all.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
10-13-2019, 05:55 AM
American Alpha go from getting wildly cheered in NXT and having great tag matches then the main roster, they don't get cheered, split up, Jorden and Gable flounder until Jorden gets an angle where he's Kurt Angle's son and starts to gain a little but gets hurt and hasn't been back since, Gable gets a slight spark with Roode then flounders again, gets another spark at the KOTR tourney ....to now having a gimmick of being short after wrestlers and commentors calling him short....this is the Main Roster writing that kills good wrestlers.

Y 2 Jake
10-13-2019, 06:35 AM
Can't see Chad Gable being featured at all if he wasn't in this role.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-13-2019, 07:39 AM
What if Bayley destroying her Bayley Buddies is part of her entrance now?

Spidey
10-15-2019, 08:40 PM
I believe in Nick Aldis as world champ more than Seth Rollins. That's not just a slight at Seth, NWA Powerrr is pretty damn good so far.

smarkmouth
10-15-2019, 09:50 PM
I believe in Nick Aldis as world champ more than Seth Rollins. That's not just a slight at Seth, NWA Powerrr is pretty damn good so far.
Was just coming by to put over Powerrr as well. Free program, on demand and only one hour. No reason people shouldn't give it a try.

(except maybe Jim Cornette)

BestSportsEntertainer
10-16-2019, 01:25 AM
Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross for "future considerations"

What a blockbuster trade

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
10-16-2019, 09:18 AM
This is by far the worst draft WWE has ever done. I guess they thought having these (Outside Wrestling) sports analysts cutaways would be good enough. The whole thing is garbage.

Yer Maw
10-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Why can't the WWE do anything right?

Sufferin' Succotash
10-16-2019, 02:22 PM
They can, it's just not what some people want.

OYDK
10-16-2019, 05:33 PM
There are times when I feel like people are unfairly hard on WWE, myself included. I mean, they do a lot of confusing and mind-numbing shit, but there are also moments where they knock it out of the park. That Raw ending would have been praised as amazing stuff if it was done in any other promotion.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-16-2019, 05:38 PM
I'm tired of having my intelligence insulted.

OYDK
10-16-2019, 06:02 PM
I don't have enough intelligence to insult.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-17-2019, 11:23 AM
There are times when I feel like people are unfairly hard on WWE, myself included. I mean, they do a lot of confusing and mind-numbing shit, but there are also moments where they knock it out of the park. That Raw ending would have been praised as amazing stuff if it was done in any other promotion.

The ending being so good makes the confusing illogical stuff even more infuriating.

Even the ending was questionable, if it's true FOX wants to cancel the Firefly Fun House.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-17-2019, 11:41 AM
After the HIAC disaster, I wouldn't have had Wyatt return to TV until WrestleMania season.

OYDK
10-17-2019, 12:01 PM
The ending being so good makes the confusing illogical stuff even more infuriating.

Even the ending was questionable, if it's true FOX wants to cancel the Firefly Fun House.

Sure, if your looking at it from an analytic point of view it's quite easy to pick apart. The ending in and of itself was really great stuff though. It almost made me want to see this feud continue after the HIAC debacle. Now that's amazing.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-18-2019, 07:57 AM
The Fiend Saying "Let Me In" Is a direct shot at my mom banging on the door while I'm watching AEW

Spidey
10-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Ciampa fighting a Mexican flag was the silliest indy shit to happen this week.

OYDK
10-19-2019, 12:17 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/9bb318c21bad1a95c2c451ea1961e11c/tumblr_inline_p7g2r6aAuE1r98lni_400.gifv

Spidey
10-19-2019, 01:44 PM
I also think a TNA clip secures my thoughts on the matter.

OYDK
10-19-2019, 02:12 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/j9CBLMZG3vUg8/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e38918f688e71be69daa7f19d1f7 f19bc75c6758&rid=giphy.gif

OYDK
10-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Sorry I like gifs.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-20-2019, 06:36 PM
I never saw the appeal of Abdullah the Butcher.

Spidey
10-21-2019, 12:10 PM
You should start a thread for all the people you don't understand the appeal of.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-21-2019, 09:48 PM
WWE 2K20 looks very realistic

https://i.redd.it/5aux6msrgxt31.gif

mrluck_07
10-22-2019, 01:11 AM
WWE 2K20 looks very realistic

https://i.redd.it/5aux6msrgxt31.gif

Thought that was a real match until I saw your comment.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-26-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm sick of all the shots AEW and WWE are taking at each other

BestSportsEntertainer
10-28-2019, 05:40 PM
I know we can put too much stock into ratings, but 888k is really bad.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-29-2019, 04:46 AM
This made me lol

"Jordan Myles is minutes away from revealing who really killed Jeffrey Epstein."

BestSportsEntertainer
10-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Agreed

https://twitter.com/NBCSCubs/status/1189274892593782785

#AbsoluteUnit
10-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Was thinking the other day, WWE needs an actual building for their Hall of Fame.

smarkmouth
10-31-2019, 10:19 AM
I like AEW, but All Petite Wrestling might be the funniest name you could give them. Great job, Rob Van Dam.

OYDK
11-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Remember when people gave a fuck that WWE was in bed with the Saudis? Me neither.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Remember when people gave a fuck that WWE was in bed with the Saudis? Me neither.

I don't get it at all.

They murdered the American journalist. They jail and torture women's right activists, but people are trying to paint them as progressive because of one women's match. It's clearly a PR stunt, and I can't believe people see it as anything else.

Spidey
11-01-2019, 09:47 AM
I don't get it at all either. All that happened and folks are outraged, but not outraged enough to stop watching and participating in the LDs here. It's crazy.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-01-2019, 09:55 AM
I don't get it at all either. All that happened and folks are outraged, but not outraged enough to stop watching and participating in the LDs here. It's crazy.

You're right. I'm finished watching the shows.

Jack-Hammer
11-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Because most of us are full of shit, just like most other people everywhere when you get right down to it.

Personally, I don't give WWE crap for doing business with Saudi Arabia because I, like damn near everyone else in America, use the products of a lot of mega companies that also do business with SA, some of which have been doing it for decades. Taco Bell, McDonalds, KFC, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Kool-Aid, IBM, Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Ford, General Motors, etc. and other mega corporations do business with and make money working with Saudi Arabia. It'd be hypocritical of me to slam WWE for doing it while drinking a Pepsi or Mountain Dew while chowing down on a bucket of KFC. It's really easy to be a keyboard activist when you don't have to put your money where your mouth is and, let's face it, it's highly doubtful any of the wrestling fans or insiders who piss all over WWE over all this are gonna give up their junk food, iPhones or stop driving their cars due to them running on gasoline made from oil that mostly comes from places like Saudi Arabia. If someone does, then kudos, more power to you. I'm not a crusader trying to change the world, I'm just trying to get by in it.

I have no illusions about Saudi Arabia, I have no respect for the Saudi government or the oppressive theocracy that's used to govern the Middle East in general but I'm also enough of a realist to know that there's nothing I can possibly do about it. This thing with WWE isn't gonna usher in some Pollyanna period of happiness and progressive policy in Saudi Arabia where women are treated on a more equal footing and where government corruption doesn't go down. It's a shitty world, generally speaking, it probably always will be because we as a species keep repeating the same old mistakes century after century. WWE doing business with Saudia Arabia isn't the problem, it's humanity at large that's the actual problem and there's no real way around it

smarkmouth
11-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Personally, I don't give WWE crap for doing business with Saudi Arabia because I, like damn near everyone else in America, use the products of a lot of mega companies that also do business with SA, some of which have been doing it for decades. Taco Bell, McDonalds, KFC, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Kool-Aid, IBM, Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Ford, General Motors, etc.

The difference between WWE and the companies you listed, however, is that the shows WWE is putting on were founded as KSA-sponsored propaganda. Watch what you want to watch, that's your choice, but don't ignore this significant distinction.

OYDK
11-01-2019, 03:38 PM
I just find it funny that people can be so "outraged" about something (not talking about posters here specifically, more wider society), talk about it like it's the worst thing in the world, and then literally not care about the issue like, a month later. This is why real change is such a struggle nowadays. Most people don't actually care about social issues. They act like they do, but they don't.

OYDK
11-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Also, RTC is such an underrated faction.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-02-2019, 02:09 AM
Sign of the year

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1190429211187720193

And this was worth sharing too

https://twitter.com/KeepItFiveStar/status/1189605386497777673

Jack-Hammer
11-02-2019, 03:47 AM
The difference between WWE and the companies you listed, however, is that the shows WWE is putting on were founded as KSA-sponsored propaganda. Watch what you want to watch, that's your choice, but don't ignore this significant distinction.

You think those companies haven't put out press releases in the past praising their relationship to Saudi Arabia and its government? They've had to because you can't do business with Saudi Arabia without the government saying so and those companies are publicly traded companies, the executives of which have had to tell their shareholders something at various times in order to ease their minds. So if "KSA-sponsored propaganda" can be applied to WWE, then it's the same for these companies as they've had to justify it themselves. I'm not seeing WWE excuse or defend Saudi Arabia for it's human rights violations, I haven't heard WWE put out a press release defending the KSA when it came down to the accusations, and most likely quite accurate ones at that, of torturing that reporter before murdering him, I haven't heard WWE defend its treatment of women. In fact, from what I've seen, WWE has made it a point to stay as far away from those particular subjects as possible.

On top of everything, it's still hypocritical to give WWE grief and not these other companies no matter how I try to spin it so that's why I don't.

Jack-Hammer
11-02-2019, 03:54 AM
I just find it funny that people can be so "outraged" about something (not talking about posters here specifically, more wider society), talk about it like it's the worst thing in the world, and then literally not care about the issue like, a month later. This is why real change is such a struggle nowadays. Most people don't actually care about social issues. They act like they do, but they don't.

That's why it's called fake outrage, internet outrage or social media outrage. It flares up, burns white hot briefly and then flickers out only for it to reignite somewhat if whatever the subject that started the "outrage" if they're reminded of it somehow. As I said in a previous post, it's easy to be a keyboard activist because you don't have to really sacrifice anything or do anything at all when you get right down to it. Real change is something that generally only comes about after years and years of struggle. For instance, have you ever heard someone say or read about something saying that the original Woodstock changed the world? I have and I think it's crap because the hippies didn't "change" anything; war was still raging, political and governmental corruption still went on at every level, racial tensions remained and still remain contentious, the environment continues to be battered, etc.. All the people at Woodstock did for three days was smoke grass, screw each other in just about any sort of combination imaginable and listen to music from top artists who only played because they were paid two to three times what they usually made for a show.

Alex
11-02-2019, 09:07 AM
I reckon Tessa Blanchard is going to join OvE with her and Sami Callihan as a power couple

Y 2 Jake
11-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Good shout.

Also, Impact is the best promotion in wrestling.

smarkmouth
11-03-2019, 03:46 PM
You think those companies haven't put out press releases in the past praising their relationship to Saudi Arabia and its government? They've had to because you can't do business with Saudi Arabia without the government saying so and those companies are publicly traded companies, the executives of which have had to tell their shareholders something at various times in order to ease their minds. So if "KSA-sponsored propaganda" can be applied to WWE, then it's the same for these companies as they've had to justify it themselves. I'm not seeing WWE excuse or defend Saudi Arabia for it's human rights violations, I haven't heard WWE put out a press release defending the KSA when it came down to the accusations, and most likely quite accurate ones at that, of torturing that reporter before murdering him, I haven't heard WWE defend its treatment of women. In fact, from what I've seen, WWE has made it a point to stay as far away from those particular subjects as possible.

On top of everything, it's still hypocritical to give WWE grief and not these other companies no matter how I try to spin it so that's why I don't.

I know you're not excusing anything, and I don't mean to put you on any kind of defensive, but I ask you to call a spade a spade here. There's a difference between a press release announcing the partnership with varying degrees of spin and a five-hour spectacle that's sprinkled with video packages celebrating the regimes "good side" along with a segment devoted to local talent beating up the talent from a territory the host is in conflict with. (Hi, Daivari brothers, how ya doin'?)

You're right, WWE has gracefully sidestepped KSA's worse politics, just as the companies you used as examples have not celebrated their high moral standard, unlike WWE. I welcome being proved wrong in this second paragraph, but there is a clear distinction here.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Not a fan of Cody's current entrance music on AEW, it's not terrible but I just don't mess with it.

However, his Stardust entrance music is/was one of the better songs i some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpMXRv4iUo

BestSportsEntertainer
11-05-2019, 07:39 AM
https://i.imgur.com/T4xu8ey.gifv

Goodness this was bad.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-05-2019, 07:42 AM
https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1191600253058854912

Seth Rollins may take a lot of heat for this, but he's 100% right.

smarkmouth
11-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Seth Rollins may take a lot of heat for this, but he's 100% right.

Meltzer is so successful an editorialist that he's conned an entire fandom into believing his subjective opinion is objective fact. Dude has no redeeming qualities as a wrestling journalist. There's less room for his brand of gatekeeping than ever.

Spidey
11-05-2019, 10:19 AM
God Seth is lame. That's it. That's all I got.

Alex
11-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Not a fan of Cody's current entrance music on AEW, it's not terrible but I just don't mess with it.

However, his Stardust entrance music is/was one of the better songs i some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpMXRv4iUo

I do like his Kingdom theme but his Stardust one is probably his best in my opinion

SSJPhenom
11-05-2019, 11:45 AM
They pulled the trigger on the Fiend too late. WWE promos suck ass. The Women in the WWE are bigger stars than the men.

That's the wrestling thoughts that I've had here lately.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
11-05-2019, 12:26 PM
So far, Vickie Guerrero is a better wrestler than Cain Velasquez.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Some fans actually believe 200 people were held hostage in Saudi Arabia, and Dave Meltzer was the only person called.

Alex
11-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Some fans actually believe 200 people were held hostage in Saudi Arabia, and Dave Meltzer was the only person called.

Well the Daily Mail is reporting how they were held 'hostage'. Take that for what you will
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7652231/Nearly-200-WWE-wrestlers-crew-held-hostage-Saudi-Arabia.html

BestSportsEntertainer
11-08-2019, 09:48 AM
The Miz vs Daniel Bryan is one of the most botched feuds WWE has had in a long time.

Face Bryan vs heel Miz ended in Saudi Arabia in 2 minutes, and face Miz vs heel Bryan never even happened.

We throw around the term "buried" a lot when it probably doesn't apply, but Miz was absolutely buried. He has a great heel run and does the best work of his career. Then he turns face, jobs to SHANE MCMAHON TWICE, and is never heard from again. Horrible, horrible stuff all around.

And while I'm ranting, good job on Erick Rowan being Roman Reigns' attacker. He's done so much since then.

Spidey
11-08-2019, 02:46 PM
I love Marq Quen's coattails. Can't explain it. Just a really big mood.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Bit of a spoiler here, but it's nothing major.

On Raw, Charlotte and Natalya beat Asuka and Kairi Sane, and Natalya taps out Asuka.

On the next show, Charlotte and Becky Lynch get a title match against Asuka and Kairi Sane.

They're literally not even trying.

Yer Maw
11-09-2019, 10:22 AM
The triple threat tag title match tonight is just going to be a massive spot fest and I'm not looking forward to it.

Y 2 Jake
11-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose doesn't like hokey shit. Which asks the question - why is he so hokey?

Spidey
11-10-2019, 12:43 PM
"The triple threat tag match will be a spotfest!" "Cody is obviously winning now!"

Part of the fun anymore is watching fans be wrong.

Fallout
11-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Honestly, I was pretty confident Jericho was going to win that even with that development; it's way too early for Jericho to drop the belt right now. They'll find some bullshit excuse to weasel themselves around it eventually, it's just to keep Cody out of the main title picture for a while, and maybe build up Page for a rematch. Maybe even Moxley.

If MJF is in the Inner Circle now, I hope that's it for the members of the stable, unless it's a really big name coming to AEW. You don't want it to end up like the NWO.

Yer Maw
11-10-2019, 04:26 PM
"The triple threat tag match will be a spotfest!" "Cody is obviously winning now!"

Part of the fun anymore is watching fans be wrong.

You're saying that wasn't a spot fest?? Come on, bro.

Spidey
11-10-2019, 04:52 PM
You're saying that wasn't a spot fest?? Come on, bro.

It wasn't. Not compared to the usual tag team fare.

And even if you could argue it, it wasn't massive either.

smarkmouth
11-10-2019, 05:01 PM
It wasn't. Not compared to the usual tag team fare.

And even if you could argue it, it wasn't massive either.

Agreed. I'd even argue that there was a lot more psychology in this one than your standard triple threat tag team match. My biggest gripe with those match types is, well, why the hell are you tagging the other team in? That criticism was almost absent in this match. It made sense when someone tagged their own team out.

Again, it's a low bar to rank a triple threat tag team match, but I thought this was quite good.

Alex
11-13-2019, 12:39 PM
What I love about NWA Power is there's no fat. Straight to the point. A solid 40/50 minutes of engaging content

Slyfox696
11-13-2019, 01:20 PM
What I love about NWA Power is there's no fat. Straight to the point. A solid 40/50 minutes of engaging content
I like the more old school feel of the show. The problem is they are doing it with some pretty green workers and so some of the segments, especially interview segments, come off pretty weak.

Alex
11-13-2019, 04:02 PM
I like the more old school feel of the show. The problem is they are doing it with some pretty green workers and so some of the segments, especially interview segments, come off pretty weak.

I actually like the interviews. Somebody said something during an Eli Drake segment and he was able to work it into his promo which I dig. The green people I get but they're used as jobbers mainly which I think is a good use for them. They'll get better eventually

Slyfox696
11-14-2019, 05:29 AM
I actually like the interviews. Somebody said something during an Eli Drake segment and he was able to work it into his promo which I dig. The green people I get but they're used as jobbers mainly which I think is a good use for them. They'll get better eventuallyThe problem isn't so much with the content of the interviews, but rather with the delivery. These guys are trying to act and it is painfully obvious. The best promos make a person believe they are simply what the worker actually thinks, not something they rehearsed and are now acting out.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-16-2019, 07:20 AM
WWE 2K20 is so glitchy even its social media page got hacked.

Spidey
11-16-2019, 01:06 PM
NWA is doing all the kayfabe breaking comedy we were worried The Young Bucks would do.

OYDK
11-16-2019, 01:20 PM
2K20 sale numbers prove that WWE can continuously put out a shit product and people will still throw their money away to lap it up.

Yer Maw
11-16-2019, 02:07 PM
I still find it weird when Chris Jericho doesn't come out to break the walls down

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
11-16-2019, 05:17 PM
When it comes to wrestling, absence truly makes the heart grow fonder. Not watching every week and missing the odd PPV here and there makes it more special when I turn the television on and see it.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-18-2019, 04:22 PM
The hate for Seth Rollins is ridiculous.

smarkmouth
11-19-2019, 08:40 AM
3 years ago DIY beat The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championship in a 2/3 Falls Match. It's one of my favourite matches of all time. Rewatches never capture the same level of immersion, and because I want to protect the memory of experiencing that match, I may not watch it ever again.

Yer Maw
11-19-2019, 11:42 AM
I miss the titantron videos that went along with people's music when they came out.

smarkmouth
11-19-2019, 11:58 AM
NWA is doing all the kayfabe breaking comedy we were worried The Young Bucks would do.

How so? The commercials?

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
11-19-2019, 12:32 PM
I miss the titantron videos that went along with people's music when they came out.

An 80's Brock Lesnar would come out with just his music,( If he was in WWF back then) if he main evented a show, maybe smoke n pyro at Wrestlemania. Back then it was awesome to hear your favorite wrestlers music and people would lose their minds for a low card guy. Today's Brock Lesnar has music, pyro, a giant screen with his name made with professionally done graphic designers, a lifelike image of computer graphics would seem to float just a few dozen feet over his head, he marches down a specialized LED ramp with his own special graphics rolling all over it...to a ring that has LED canvas down the sides, LED ring posts all showing his own graphics to continue the illusion that the world has transformed all the way to the ring for this Beast.

Today's viewers are indeed spoiled rotten when it comes to entrance pageantry.

Spidey
11-19-2019, 12:44 PM
How so? The commercials?

That and several meta promos. I absolutely love NWA Powerrr, sometimes more than NXT or AEW, but I've seen people here and elsewhere demonize Bucks for that sort of humor.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-19-2019, 01:12 PM
LOL

https://twitter.com/alexabliss_wwe/status/1196861132297949184

Storm Trooper
11-19-2019, 01:13 PM

Anyone that doesn't miss this is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji57845nSL4

BestSportsEntertainer
11-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Twitter is easily more entertaining than Raw and Smackdown.

Yer Maw
11-20-2019, 12:32 PM
2 amazing shows for us tonight folks, enjoy!

smarkmouth
11-20-2019, 08:20 PM
I'm sure I'll be asking this in a matter of months; how the fuck does Cornette still keep getting work. Two companies let him go in favour of Vince Russo.

Two.

Russo.

If this doesn't raise red flags on a CV I don't know what will.

smarkmouth
11-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Darby Allin fucking rules post quick reply.

smarkmouth
11-23-2019, 08:13 AM
Mustafa Ali is a fucking madman. https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1198254688765906945?s=20

Yer Maw
11-23-2019, 09:47 AM
No fists just flips

BestSportsEntertainer
11-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Saw this on Twitter. Jurassic Express is a 3-stage Pokemon evolution.

smarkmouth
11-24-2019, 08:45 AM
Survivor Series would be a whole lot more fun with a few changes;

-Winning Brand receives numbers 25-30 at the Rumble.
-less triple threat matches, but every brand is involved in the same number of matches.
-leaderboards!

Suddenly, as a viewer, I understand why everyone is putting their rivalries aside for brands sake. Then the winning brand can spend the next month and a half fighting over those Rumble spots.

Y 2 Jake
11-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Survivor Series looks so good and a can't miss show that I would be naive for not thinking WWE will mess it up.

This is maybe too bold a prediction, but I think Owens somehow replaced Pete Dunne tonight and wins the NXT title.

smarkmouth
11-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Survivor Series looks so good and a can't miss show that I would be naive for not thinking WWE will mess it up.

This is maybe too bold a prediction, but I think Owens somehow replaced Pete Dunne tonight and wins the NXT title.

Bold indeed. I think KO joining Team NXT, leaving a surprise entry spot for JoMo is more likely.

Course I won't be mad at your scenario, because I have KO in my pool... although I also have Pete Dunne, haha

BestSportsEntertainer
11-24-2019, 02:44 PM
Kofi went from being WWE Champion for 7 months to getting squashed to being on the pre-show. He deserves much better.

OYDK
11-24-2019, 03:21 PM
Kofi went from being WWE Champion for 7 months to getting squashed to being on the pre-show. He deserves much better.

Yeah, but anyone who didn't see that coming should only blame themselves.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-24-2019, 03:48 PM

Everyone knew it would happen, but it's still frustrating.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-25-2019, 04:02 PM
These tweets are literally back to back lol. Surely he's smart enough to notice this, right?

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1198382805979467776

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1198414519556562944

BestSportsEntertainer
11-25-2019, 04:17 PM
It's honestly unbelievable just how many little things WWE messes up each week.

Just last night we had...

1 - A countout in a triple threat match.

2 - The most over wrestler and the only wrestler out of 15 wrestlers the crowd was chanting for eliminated first

3 - 2 of the most heated rivals in WWE returning to a match and working together to help the hottest babyface in the division defeat the heel

4 - The wrestler who won the WWE Championship at WrestleMania and held it for 7 months on the pre-show

5 - Arguably the biggest face in WWE being a sore loser and attacking a heel after she cleanly won their match

They're either put NO thought into booking their shows or they do this on purpose, though I have no idea why.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-26-2019, 07:43 PM

That's not the point he was making.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Survivor Series would be a whole lot more fun with a few changes;

-Winning Brand receives numbers 25-30 at the Rumble.
-less triple threat matches, but every brand is involved in the same number of matches.
-leaderboards!

Suddenly, as a viewer, I understand why everyone is putting their rivalries aside for brands sake. Then the winning brand can spend the next month and a half fighting over those Rumble spots.

This was on point Smark!

OYDK
11-26-2019, 11:57 PM
That's not the point he was making.

It’s the point I was making.

smarkmouth
11-27-2019, 11:02 PM
Emi Sakura's music is so terrible that I sometimes forget that she's one of AEW's strongest talents.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
11-28-2019, 10:58 AM
There's so many small wrestlers now that when a big wrestler comes along (Keith Lee) it makes that big wrestler seem more special.

smarkmouth
12-03-2019, 10:27 PM
Earlier this year, Rey and Joe had a bad collision resulting un Joe's eye and nose bleeding. Joe seemingly walked it off.

That being said, how bad is this thumb injury?

smarkmouth
12-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Earlier this year, Rey and Joe had a bad collision resulting un Joe's eye and nose bleeding. I assume at least his nose was broken. Joe seemingly walked it off.

That being said, how bad is this thumb injury?

OYDK
12-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Watching Raw on Monday my first thought was, "Holy shit, Dio Maddin is amazing on commentary!" Then I realized it was Samoa Joe.

Which brings up another point, why are wrestlers consistently better commentators than the people that are paid to be commentators?

Storm Trooper
12-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Watching Raw on Monday my first thought was, "Holy shit, Dio Maddin is amazing on commentary!" Then I realized it was Samoa Joe.

Which brings up another point, why are wrestlers consistently better commentators than the people that are paid to be commentators?
But.... all the commentators are former wrestlers. Corey Graves, Beth Phoenix, Nigel McGuinness, Jerry Lawler, Booker T, and even Dio Madden himself were/are wrestlers. The only 2 that weren't recently are Jonathan Coachman and Renee Young (both are TV hosts). Renee Young admitted that she was not fit for the role.

OYDK
12-05-2019, 02:06 PM
But.... all the commentators are former wrestlers. Corey Graves, Beth Phoenix, Nigel McGuinness, Jerry Lawler, Booker T, and even Dio Madden himself were/are wrestlers. The only 2 that weren't recently are Jonathan Coachman and Renee Young (both are TV hosts). Renee Young admitted that she was not fit for the role.

Ha, that's very true actually. I guess I was thinking more of the play-by-play guys. Cole, Phillips, Mauro, Saxton. But then again, Beth is the only one of that wrestler's group that is truly awful. Graves is pretty good, Nigel's great, Lawler used to be my favorite, and Booker... well, he was something different at least.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
12-05-2019, 03:02 PM
My all time favorite tandem on commentary is Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse The Body Ventura. Monsoon/Heenan was also great. Monsoon had the straight man booming voice with catch phrases and technical terms, his color Ventura was the heel who was also over the top, rough voiced who told it as it is.

Y 2 Jake
12-05-2019, 05:56 PM
To use the old adage, dogs have personality, personality goes a long way; I like Booker T

Y 2 Jake
12-05-2019, 06:10 PM
I saw a Tweet that reminded me that it's 15 years since Turning Point and it reminded me that innovation is now dead in #2 promotions.

Great is the status quo, we've seen almost everything, it's time for wacky gimmicks to come back. The wrestling pallet cleanser.

Alex
12-06-2019, 06:41 AM
I love RVD's gimmick of being the Innovator of what the majority of wrestlers are doing today (he's not wrong) definitely interested in who's going to be the one to take him down (don't want it to be Rhino or Dreamer)

BestSportsEntertainer
12-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Should we make a Smackdown megathread for KB's reviews?

klunderbunker
12-06-2019, 08:20 PM
I mean, isn't that what half of the threads around here wind up being anyway?

BestSportsEntertainer
12-06-2019, 08:27 PM
Pretty much.

3 weeks ago, only one person commented. No one has made a thread the last 2 weeks.

klunderbunker
12-06-2019, 10:46 PM
It happens around this time of year. I'm not surprised.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
12-11-2019, 09:15 AM
If Verne Gagne had just given Hulk Hogan the AWA world title then the wrestling world may have turned out a lot different than it did

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
12-11-2019, 09:32 AM
If Verne Gagne had just given Hulk Hogan the AWA world title then the wrestling world may have turned out a lot different than it did

Nah, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf was right there to be the man. We could be remembering Paulamania and him slamming Andre the Giant and ripping his red robe to shreds instead of Hulk Hogan.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
12-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Nah, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf was right there to be the man. We could be remembering Paulamania and him slamming Andre the Giant and ripping his red robe to shreds instead of Hulk Hogan.
Thanks for the laugh Jeff. I needed it at work today.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-12-2019, 03:33 PM
I'm proud NXT wrestlers will be at WrestleMania because that PPV just isn't long enough

BestSportsEntertainer
12-13-2019, 10:39 PM
Every wrestlers who's feuded with the Fiend has changed characters soon after.

smarkmouth
12-14-2019, 12:21 AM
One of the Quebecers is ending the decade as a world champion in the 4th largest US promotion, just as we all predicted in 2010.

Yer Maw
12-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Shouldn't Bayley as the woman's champion be annoyed that someone else is calling herself the leader of the woman's division?

BestSportsEntertainer
12-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Tonight's PPV card is really odd. No World Title match. No AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, etc.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
12-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Bray Wyatt vs Miz is a title match.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-15-2019, 04:43 PM
Where did you see that?

#AbsoluteUnit
12-15-2019, 04:48 PM
I thought it was non-title

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
12-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Well...if its non title at a PPV then that's kind of silly.

JHOLCOMB22
12-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Its non title. There isn't 1 single titles match being defended at all this PPV. Tag team only

BestSportsEntertainer
12-15-2019, 05:06 PM
I guess the Fiend is champion but Bray Wyatt isn't?

smarkmouth
12-16-2019, 07:05 AM
Shayna Baszler is the best heel in WWE right now. Holy shit.

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1205958511332511744?s=20

Yer Maw
12-16-2019, 01:02 PM
The Fiend/Bray Wyatt is the best character in years. His entrance last night was amazing I smiled through the whole thing.

JHOLCOMB22
12-18-2019, 02:16 AM
Super Bowl 54 is in February and on Fox. It is represented by the Roman numerals LIV
How long until WWE puts Liv Morgan on SmackDown and try to market her with the Super Bowl?

#AbsoluteUnit
12-18-2019, 09:51 AM
^ I dig that sir.

...I think it's time for Rhea Ripley to become NXT Women's Champion. I know you guys agree. It just feels right. No bias either by the way.

OYDK
12-18-2019, 02:55 PM
Shayna Baszler has proven a lot of people, including myself wrong. I didn't think she would ever get close to a point where a match with Rousey would be considered a dream match, but she's been able to get to that level in a relatively short amount of time. I can see her being the next big thing in the women's division.

Y 2 Jake
12-18-2019, 04:22 PM
I think she's too old to become the next big thing but I see big things for her in the next 6 months. She's losing that title at the right time.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-18-2019, 08:47 PM
She did it! I think Rhea will be a great NXT Women's Champ!

BestSportsEntertainer
12-19-2019, 03:53 PM
It would be hilarious if R-Truth showed up to Dynamite thinking he works there.

OYDK
12-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Otis' insane charisma is going to give him a long career in the E. He'll be the best comedy character since Santino.

Y 2 Jake
12-19-2019, 07:26 PM
Everybody has a long career in WWE.

OYDK
12-20-2019, 05:04 AM
Otis will have a really long career. Like... 5 whole years man.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-20-2019, 06:17 PM
SmackDown hasn't changed at all on FOX.

Yer Maw
12-20-2019, 11:40 PM
Daniel Bryan looks so weird with short hair feels like it's 2010 again.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-21-2019, 07:20 AM
I regret clicking and reading spoilers. Really do.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
12-21-2019, 09:37 AM
Woman's matches on regular television are slowly regulating back to Diva match times.

Alex
12-21-2019, 05:13 PM
Honestly (in my opinion) Impact/TNA has consistently had the best women's wrestling for 10+ years now

OYDK
12-21-2019, 05:54 PM
Honestly (in my opinion) Impact/TNA has consistently had the best women's wrestling for 10+ years now

Yeah, I remember them doing some really good stuff with their women way before the Women's Revolution was even a thought.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-24-2019, 03:08 PM
AJ Styles looks strangely similar to Hornswoggle

Undying
12-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Punk, Bryan, Styles, and Owens just off the top of my head had their best matches in WWE against John Cena.

meanwhile no one remembers or talks about the Indy darlings matches against each other which were..average.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-25-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Monday's Raw had 11 matches. Is that the most ever?