PDA

View Full Version : Ivory

klunderbunker
02-23-2018, 02:47 AM
I know she's going into the Hall of Fame and that's not the most thrilling idea in the world. However, she's on both of Steve Austin's podcast this week and she's actually got a pretty interesting story. The voice is a little grating of course but I've dug the first show and the second could be good as well.

Anyone a fan of her? I know she doesn't have the biggest fanbase but did anyone think something of her?

Uncle Sam
02-23-2018, 04:41 AM
Lee and I are both fans of hers. I know this because we were both disappointed not see Ivory in the women's Royal Rumble, we were both disappointed not to see Ivory precede Jacqueline into the Hall of Fame, and because Lee - justifiably - loves all things Right To Censor.

Not for a moment do I actually think Ivory started the women's revolution. However, in the Michael Cole sense of the phrase, i.e. she was a very good wrestler in an era when many female wrestlers were woeful, one might say Ivory started the women's revolution.

Ivory was solid in the ring, although my main memories of her are her bumping her arse off for Chyna, but it was really her character work where she was exceptional and ahead of her time to the point that I'm confident that she would still stand out today when women enjoy the luxury of a slightly larger small fraction of total airtime. It's a pity there's a 0.00001% chance of it being included in any new video packages, because her taking the piss out of Chyna's sitdown interview with Jim Ross is hilarious.

Undying
02-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Ivory is remembered by everyone who grew up during that era. Essentially I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who wrestled in the Attitude Era are inducted one day if we are not close to that already. The way the hall of fame is, would it shock you if Scotty 2 Hotty is inducted one day? Theres no sense in overanalyzing the thing. It's a participation trophy and if you wrestled for WWE for at least one day in your life, by the time they run out of huge names which they are on the verge of, you will likely get called just to fill a spot.

If they would of shortened it to like 3 people every year or something along those lines it might feel a little more important rather than throwing Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, The Iron Sheik, into one class among other notable stacked classes. Have 1 main headliner like Hogan, then do a tag team and maybe a women's wrestler if you just have to have that publicity of inducting a woman every year.