PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Medically Cleared

Jack-Hammer
05-02-2019, 07:04 AM
The title of the thread pretty much says it all as it's being reported that WWE has medically cleared Daniel Bryan to return to the ring.

Bryan has been MIA from all tapings of SmackDown and SmackDown branded house shows since WrestleMania after suffering a still undisclosed injury that WWE continues to keep tight lipped about. As a result, he was written out of the storylines and Kevin Owens was moved up to take his place as Kofi's opponent for the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV. Bryan's expected to be written back into storylines this week and is advertised for SmackDown house show in Corbin, KY and next week's SmackDown Live episode from Louisville, KY. According to Dave Meltzer, Owens was turned heel because they weren't uncertain as to when Bryan would be medically cleared, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had this storyline planned for a bit later on, maybe drawing it out a little bit slower with Owens as the "honorary" member of New Day before he eventually turned on Kofi.

BaconBits
05-02-2019, 08:20 AM
I read a theory on another platform that mentioned that the injury is actually an angle and a way to write him out any stories going into the Saudi shows. It makes some sense to me, because it was well publicized on the sheets that he's not at all interested in going to Saudi Arabia for personal reasons. Also, I'm pretty sure that when he was cleared to return from the concussion stuff that he had breaks built into his contract, and this may have been one of them. His story with Kofi was over, no better time to take a vacation than when a story has ended.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-02-2019, 11:47 AM
I'm very relieved it wasn't another concussion or any other serious injury.

mrluck_07
05-02-2019, 03:14 PM
I'm very relieved it wasn't another concussion or any other serious injury.

Likewise.