PDA

View Full Version : Super ShowDown - Kofi Kingston (c) vs Dolph Ziggler - WWE Championship

BestSportsEntertainer
05-22-2019, 06:44 PM
Ziggler has been stale since 2014 (if not longer than that), and that didn't change during his return last night. He cut the same "I deserve better than this promo", and frankly it's hard to care. He's fine for a one-off title match on a short build, but I would've went with someone like Nakamura.

Y 2 Jake
05-23-2019, 12:37 AM
I mean at this stage I like Ziggler a lot more than Nakamura but this match is reminiscent of 10 years ago when Dolph and Kofi seemed to exchange mid-card titles weekly.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-23-2019, 05:23 AM
I really like Kofi a lot. However, this match screams Upper Mid-card to me.

Jack-Hammer
05-23-2019, 06:30 AM
it was originally supposed to be another bout with Kevin Owens but Owens is one of the handful of stars who doesn't want to work the Saudi Arabia show, so Ziggler will be fine for a one off title match.

One thing I will say about Ziggler's return is that I enjoyed is promo much, much more than I thought I would. Yes, it's the same "I deserve better" thing that he's been doing for a long time now, but he injected something different on an emotional level into it. During the promo, Ziggler introduced noticeable quivers into his voice and made him come off more desperate rather than just an angry, pissed off narcissist. I don't know, I just enjoyed how Ziggler delivered it and it reminded me that Ziggler is someone that I think could have been bigger than he is in WWE. What Ziggler needs, and has needed for years, is repackaging. A new look, a new attitude, new gear just a departure from the blonde, tanned pretty boy. He's got the mic skills to deliver and we know he can go inside the ring but, alas, Ziggler is where he is and that's not gonna change.

It'll be a fun match with Kofi retaining at about the 12 to 15 minute mark.