#AbsoluteUnit
05-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Thinking about it.

Spidey
05-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Definitely.

klunderbunker
05-25-2019, 05:48 PM
Not bad so far, though missing Thomas' 619 is a bad sign from the battle royal.

Yer Maw
05-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Commentary during the preshow wasn't very good. Much better now JR is there holding it together.

Spidey
05-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Awesome swerve ;)

klunderbunker
05-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Double or Nothing
Date: May 25, 2019
Commentators: Jim Ross, Excalibur, Alex Marvez

It took long enough. This is the first show for All Elite Wrestling and the question is….egads there are a lot of them actually. The biggest of them all though is can they live up to the hype. All In certainly did, though that’s not exactly the same thing this time around. I don’t know if the show is going to be good (though it probably will be), but it’s going to be important. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

A Thousand Mile Journey Begins With A Single Show (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/05/26/double-or-nothing-a-thousand-mile-journey-begins-with-a-single-show/)

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
05-25-2019, 10:28 PM
Saw the second half starting at the Cody vs Dustin Kane (BLOOD match). Pretty decent stuff from what I saw. JR was on form in commentary, the two others sound so similar that I thought it was a two man table until it actually showed the three of them before the main event.

Spidey
05-25-2019, 10:42 PM
Quite enjoyed that.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-25-2019, 11:49 PM
https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1132518704397185024

I know one is a comedy belt but still

Jack-Hammer
05-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Didn't see it, not paying $50 for a PPV ever again as the WWE Network has spoiled me on that, but the show's getting rave reviews. Jon Moxley debuting wasn't that surprising, as many felt it was coming, though Bret Hart being out there to show off the new title was. In truth, that probably pissed Vince off more than anything else that went down on the entire show.

I've seen some closer up pics of the AEW World Championship and it's one of those titles that will grow on me the more I see it. It looks bulky but that works in its favor as you can see the influence of not only the old Mid-South North American Championship but also the Big Gold Belt design playes into it as well. Dave Millican must've put in a lot of time as the plates have a LOT of detail work done, which is where a lot of the BGB influence comes in, and basically the whole thing looks like a big ass piece of highly textured gold on a shiny black leather strap. It looks l ike a prestigious design and, as you would guess, makes most of the WWE main roster championships look completely uninspired which, in all honesty, they are as so many of the titles are little more than a big WWE logo surrounded by a gem studded hexagon type shape.

Lee
05-26-2019, 06:36 AM
Eww I do not like that belt at all.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-26-2019, 07:08 AM
That belt looks hideous.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
05-26-2019, 07:58 AM
The belt is nice, looks heavy too. Was expecting something awful but they did a good job. Better than a giant logo with a strap on it.

smarkmouth
05-26-2019, 08:10 PM
I didn't enjoy the show as much as I was hoping but there is still every reason to be optimistic. Really loved Cody vs Dustin as well as the main event, though Jericho's new "Judas Effect" doesn't quite do it for me as a finish.

The one big miss for me was AEW has spent the last month touting what will be a "sports-feel" which I just didn't get from the show. Maybe that's something TNT wants and that deal was signed too close to this show to make good on, but as much as it was a fairly good show, it wasn't Different with a capital D.