05-27-2019, 06:04 PM
Looking forward to tonight’s show.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:06 PM
I'm already sick of this "Wildcard Rule"

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 06:07 PM
I'm already sick of this "Wildcard Rule"

Right? Just merge the titles and get it over with.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:07 PM
That's how you fire back against AEW: a video about people dying and a Dolph Ziggler video!

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:08 PM

Sure!

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:08 PM

I'm more amazed at them just canceling the house shows so the people can show up. I'm sure the midcarders who never make it to TV are SO happy that their show checks are delayed until the next show date so Reigns and Kingston can be on Raw.

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 06:09 PM
That's how you fire back against AEW: a video about people dying and a Dolph Ziggler video!

They donâ??t actually need to â??fire backâ?. The WWE is already light years out in front.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:10 PM
They don’t actually need to “fire back”. The WWE is already light years out in front.

True. That is one way to go, though I'm not sure they'll do it.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:12 PM
Lesnar's new shirt is terrible.

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 06:14 PM
It’s hilarious to me how Brock’s little improv shit ends up being his gimmicks. Suplex City first, now Boom Box Brock. Next random shit he comes up with be his next gimmick.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:17 PM
It’s hilarious to me how Brock’s little improv shit ends up being his gimmicks. Suplex City first, now Boom Box Brock. Next random shit he comes up with be his next gimmick.

And here's what makes it even better: those were probably just things that popped into his head on the spur of the moment and he went with them. It wasn't written for him, it wasn't something designed to trend and it wasn't something that people who don't know Lesnar invented. Just stuff that he would do/say and ran with, which is how wrestling worked forever until WWE decided the wheel needed reinventing.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:17 PM
YAY DOLPH ZIGGLER!!

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:22 PM
Dolph adds so much to this show!

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Maybe I'm just in a good mood but good start to Raw

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 06:26 PM
And here's what makes it even better: those were probably just things that popped into his head on the spur of the moment and he went with them. It wasn't written for him, it wasn't something designed to trend and it wasn't something that people who don't know Lesnar invented. Just stuff that he would do/say and ran with, which is how wrestling worked forever until WWE decided the wheel needed reinventing.

Brock does what Brock wants. Nobody is actually going to tell him no.

New Day also got the chance to do whatever and they ran with it.

They generally let Enzo do his thing too.

I think one of the large problems with the current roster is a lack of creativity and charisma. That is by product of the indies and RoH not placing a priority on developing entertaining gimmicks.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Geez how much time is this getting?

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:29 PM
Brock does what Brock wants. Nobody is actually going to tell him no.

New Day also got the chance to do whatever and they ran with it.

They generally let Enzo do his thing too.

I think one of the large problems with the current roster is a lack of creativity and charisma. That is by product of the indies and RoH not placing a priority on developing entertaining gimmicks.

They know how to do entertaining stuff but when a lot of the micromanaging is there, it's only going to get them so far.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 06:32 PM
Miz, Strowman, Lashley, and Corbin?

Jesus take me now.

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 06:32 PM
They know how to do entertaining stuff but when a lot of the micromanaging is there, it's only going to get them so far.

I’m saying the micromanagement is largely happening because many of the wrestlers aren’t creative or charismatic enough to come up with anything other than “I’m really good at wrestling” and that doesn’t play all that well on the mainstream level.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:33 PM
And now, Shane McMahon.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:34 PM
Miz, Strowman, Lashley, and Corbin?

Jesus take me now.

Well said. Agreed

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:34 PM
I’m saying the micromanagement is largely happening because many of the wrestlers aren’t creative or charismatic enough to come up with anything other than “I’m really good at wrestling” and that doesn’t play all that well on the mainstream level.

I'm sure that's part of it, but the level of which they take things over is amazing.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 06:37 PM
I can't believe Corbin, Lashley, Shane, and Ziggler are the top heels on the show when Zayn, McIntyre, and Joe are right there.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 06:38 PM
Strowman and Lashley are fighting at Super Showwdown - part 2. So it looks like Corbin will be facing Rollins

klunderbunker
I can't believe Corbin, Lashley, Shane, and Ziggler are the top heels on the show when Zayn, McIntyre, and Joe are right there.

The heel situation is a major, major problem at the moment and might be the biggest issue in the entire company.

BestSportsEntertainer
Strowman and Lashley are fighting at Super Showwdown - part 2. So it looks like Corbin will be facing Rollins

Let's all say a prayer for Miz!

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 06:39 PM
I'm sure that's part of it, but the level of which they take things over is amazing.

You can break through it if you can prove you can be trusted. Not enough talents are trustworthy. When people talk about “the most talented roster of all time” they don’t take into account that true talent is a lot more than being able to have Meltzer gave them stars.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:48 PM
You can break through it if you can prove you can be trusted. Not enough talents are trustworthy. When people talk about “the most talented roster of all time” they don’t take into account that true talent is a lot more than being able to have Meltzer gave them stars.

They also don't have to talk. That's how it worked back in the day (as in before WWE decided they needed to reinvent wrestling): if you didn't show an aptitude with the mic, you didn't talk much. I don't get why that is so complex these days.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 06:53 PM
This has lasted about 3 minutes so about 3 minutes too long

Skairipa
05-27-2019, 06:54 PM
This might be the worst hour of television WWE has done in years.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Didn't Reigns make it personal when he punched his dad?

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Didn't Reigns make it personal when he punched his dad?

Never try to make them think about their own storylines.

BaconBits
05-27-2019, 07:00 PM
They also don't have to talk. That's how it worked back in the day (as in before WWE decided they needed to reinvent wrestling): if you didn't show an aptitude with the mic, you didn't talk much. I don't get why that is so complex these days.

There are still promotions that donâ??t place as much emphasis on mic work. They arenâ??t particularly successful in America. For wrestling to maintain popularity in America, they need all this talking and character work. Wether thatâ??s right, wrong, or indifferent, itâ??s just how it is.

Plus thereâ??s all those Indians who love that character work because they still largely believe in kayfabe.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 07:00 PM
There are still promotions that don’t place as much emphasis on mic work. They aren’t particularly successful in America. For wrestling to maintain popularity in America, they need all this talking and character work. Wether that’s right, wrong, or indifferent, it’s just how it is.

Plus there’s all those Indians who love that character work because they still largely believe in kayfabe.

Oh you can have plenty of mic work. Just don't let people talk who aren't good at it. Give them a manager or think of something else to get the story across.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 07:10 PM
Great... incoming Corbin vs Styles feud

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 07:12 PM
This will be the 4th time since WrestleMania that Baron Corbin has been in the main event of Raw.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Styles injured himself so he couldn't feud with Corbin.

Genius.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 07:13 PM
This will be the 4th time since WrestleMania that Baron Corbin has been in the main event of Raw.

So..................he's a main eventer?

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 07:27 PM
The IIconics are now 1-6 since WrestleMania, the one win being over local wrestlers.

Good thing they won titles over Sasha and Bayley

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2019, 07:31 PM
^That's awful

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
05-27-2019, 07:38 PM

Exactly why I turned Sekiro on for PS4 instead of watching Raw, fuck Baron Corbin and his main eventing all the time.

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 08:03 PM
The IIconics are now 1-6 since WrestleMania, the one win being over local wrestlers.

Good thing they won titles over Sasha and Bayley

Hey now. They beat Tamina and Alicia Fox on Main Event too.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 08:14 PM
I'm not mad. I'm disappointed.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2019, 08:18 PM
Let's see:

WWE - Lesnar won MITB, Corbin and Ziggler have World Title matches.

AEW - Jericho vs Omega and Cody vs Goldust tore the house down. Ambrose debuted.

It's getting really hard to continue watching WWE.

Undying
05-27-2019, 08:24 PM
I canâ??t believe Kofi and Ziggler are in a world title match in 2019. I was just watching a show from 2009 where they were fighting over the IC title. Iâ??m more surprised Ziggler has been around as long as he has.

Undying
05-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Iâ??m saying the micromanagement is largely happening because many of the wrestlers arenâ??t creative or charismatic enough to come up with anything other than â??Iâ??m really good at wrestlingâ? and that doesnâ??t play all that well on the mainstream level.

This is why Iâ??ve never really been into Rollins. Heâ??s good in the ring most of the time but outside of that what is there to him?

klunderbunker
05-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Monday Night Raw
Date: May 27, 2019
Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Renee Young

This is going to be an interesting show but that might be the case without the show actually being interesting. It’s the first show after the rather great Double Or Nothing event, meaning WWE might be trying to show that they still have it. At the same time though it’s also Memorial Day, meaning the effort might not be there. On the third hand, there are only two shows left before Super ShowDown and some building could be useful. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

A Memorial Day Nightmare (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/05/27/monday-night-raw-may-27-2019-a-memorial-day-nightmare/)

Storm Trooper
05-28-2019, 05:23 AM
I don't care what anyone says. The whole Brock party thing with the Boom Box is the best thing to happen to Brock Lesnar his entire new run. This is the first time that he seems to be enjoying himself when he is not wrestling, and it shows.