PDA

View Full Version : NXT Takeover XXV

Yer Maw
06-01-2019, 02:16 PM
If you don't watch NXT what the fuck is wrong with You?

Jack-Hammer
06-01-2019, 04:21 PM
I wonder if we might see Candice LeRae turn heel tonight. She's going to be in Io Shirai's corner, if I'm not mistaken, so she could do something to cost Io the match or she could attack her immediately afterwards if she wins the NXT Women's Championship. Shayna Baszler's been a dominant champion with her two runs as champion totaling something like 350 days, there's not really much of anything else left for her to do in NXT, which is unfortunate given that it could mean she's headed to the main roster, which has become something of a limbo for so many talented wrestlers.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
06-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Good to see a NXT PPV show that doesn't hang off a WWE PPV and has its own weekend.

Jack-Hammer
06-01-2019, 05:05 PM
I do think this highlights one of the only weaknesses of NXT. This is the 25th TakeOver, but it doesn't "feel" like it's as big of a deal as it should be. However, that's not really NXT's fault as they don't have a huge network TV deal with hours and hours each week to devote to building up such a show. At the same time though, there's also the fear that NXT being on a grander stage, such as having a big TV deal, would mean Vince McMahon would be sticking his nose into things and potentially ruining what's consistently been arguably the most consistent high quality wrestling product of the last 5 years or so.

Jack-Hammer
06-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Strong vs. Riddle to start us off. Should be a physical, hard hitting bout.

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 05:14 PM
I can’t deal with Matt Riddle. Bro is a stupid gimmick and highlights the reason he was cut from the UFC.

OYDK
06-01-2019, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry, when I see this gimmick all I think is "main roster jobber." I hope when he eventually turns heel, they give Riddle an entire repackaging because he does legitimately have a lot of potential as a performer.

Yer Maw
06-01-2019, 05:25 PM
What a match

Jack-Hammer
06-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Helluva match.

I agree that the "Bro" stuff isn't the greatest in the world but considering the guy's such a huge marijuana enthusiast, it does, at least, feel like it's something pretty authentic. If you've ever listened to the guy speak, he sounds like some stoned surfer or something. If Riddle gets to the main roster, don't be at all surprised if his career is curtailed by Wellness Policy violations. That's what caused UFC to ultimately let him go. He would've been 10-3 had he not had two of his wins overturned to no contests after he tested positive for whacky backy twice in less than a year and his percentages of successful takedowns & strikes are still among the best in UFC history.

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Helluva match.

I agree that the "Bro" stuff isn't the greatest in the world but considering the guy's such a huge marijuana enthusiast, it does, at least, feel like it's something pretty authentic. If you've ever listened to the guy speak, he sounds like some stoned surfer or something. If Riddle gets to the main roster, don't be at all surprised if his career is curtailed by Wellness Policy violations. That's what caused UFC to ultimately let him go. He would've been 10-3 had he not had two of his wins overturned to no contests after he tested positive for whacky backy twice in less than a year and his percentages of successful takedowns & strikes are still among the best in UFC history.

Weed isn’t a wellness hit in the WWE anymore. It’s just a 2k fine.

I just think pothead is gimmick that is gloriously stupid.

Jack-Hammer
06-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Dang...they've beaten the crap out of O'Reilly.

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Dang...they've beaten the crap out of O'Reilly.

He’s a fantastic seller, so that makes sense.

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 05:57 PM
Good choice for the titles.

Yer Maw
06-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Oh my God, they killed Kyle!

Incredible match

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Tyler’s old theme was so much better than the newer one.

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 06:26 PM
If we’re going by Tyler’s old role in NXT, Dream is on his way up the card.

Yer Maw
06-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Gargano and Cole to go an hour?

Yer Maw
06-01-2019, 06:58 PM
They've just announced NXTUK Takeover for August 31st.. same night as all out.

Oh my god it's happening!

BaconBits
06-01-2019, 07:05 PM
King Vanilla Midget catching some boos.

klunderbunker
06-01-2019, 07:14 PM
They've just announced NXTUK Takeover for August 31st.. same night as all out.

Oh my god it's happening!

Remember that Takeover will be at 3pm EST and will end before 6. Way before All Out is going to start.

klunderbunker
06-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Takeover: XXV
Date: June 1, 2019
Commentators: Beth Phoenix, Nigel McGuinness, Mauro Ranallo

We’re at the latest big show, even without as much time as it seems that we usually get for these things. The big story here is Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole in a rematch for the NXT Title after Cole defeated him in the first fall of a 2/3 falls match. The card doesn’t feel as strong as others but that’s never stopped them from having a great show before. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Can't They Be Bad Just Once? (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/06/01/takeover-xxv-can-they-be-bad-just-once/)

smarkmouth
06-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Johnny False Finishes.

That is all