• Johnny Gargano

0 0%
  • Seth Rollins

0 0%
  • Braun Strowman

0 0%
  • Kurt Angle

1 7.14%
  • Other (plese state; 10 choices is not enough for this)

1 7.14%

Thread: Daniel Bryan match you want to see the most

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Daniel Bryan match you want to see the most

It's simple. What Daniel Bryan match out of the following names would you like to see him wrestle, the most? (Poll)

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh man, it's hard to pick just one.

If we're talking a matchup with a full storyline, it's still a toss-up between vs Brock Lesnar and vs The Miz. With Brock, you have the literal (and potentially forever-definition of) David vs Goliath matchup. Sam and Jack-Hammer also sold me on this by bringing up Lesnar and Bryan's respective passions (or lack thereof) for wrestling, which would be a tremendous asset to the story of the match.

With Miz, well, they've been building that match long before Daniel was ever cleared. Not to mention that Daniel Bryan brings out what might be the best of Miz's mic work.

Talking just a straight up match without a build, necessarily, my own pick is Pete Dunne.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bryan/Lesnar WrestleMania. Screw Roman Reigns.

5. Likes ShinChan, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Based on the events of Tuesday's Smackdown, my second choice would be to see him vs Sami Zayn and or Kevin Owens in some incarnation. I assume we're going to get some version of this match at WrestleMania,which doesn't excite me as much as I'd like due to the involvement of one Shane McMahon. My hope is that moving forward beyond WrestleMania, Shane is phased out and we get Bryan vs both Owens and Zayn in respective singles matches. The build of this feud has been tremendous and has what so few of the matches on this card have, that being organic heat. The crowd is going to lose it when Bryan gets one of these two in the Yes lock and submits them, or hits the running knee and gets the 3 count following.

But seriously, none of that is going to top a Bryan/AJ Styles match. Perhaps the two best workers in the business today getting 20-25 minutes to tear the house down? Sign me up and take my money, please. If there's a bigger dream match for Bryan, I'm not seeing it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As a one-off match, I would like to see Bryan vs Styles the most. Styles is one of the best on the roster and a match between these two should be amazing.

For a storyline culminating with a match, its easily Miz for me. These two have a long history and Miz has been amazing in the segments with Bryan. My ideal scenario would be Miz winning the world title (either of them) around Survivor Series, having a chicken shit heel run and a match with Bryan at WM ending in Bryan kicking Miz's head off. The audience reaction for that would be incredible and one of the loudest ever.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    AJ Styles without a doubt.

They had 3 amazing matches in ROH that I love to this day. But their last match there was over 12 years now!

I want to see the current versions go at it perhaps more than any other match I want to see in WWE.

Summerslam, maybe?

9. Likes ShinChan, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    From a purely storyline perspective, I'm leaning towards Lesnar or Miz. Miz and Bryan have fantastic chemistry with each other, Miz's interaction with Bryan during the Talking Smack show, which was a great show despite Vince not liking it, was partially responsible for the Miz's career revival. They can have a great match as well, especially if they go the route of portraying both of them in the light of being desperate to prove something. Miz can still heel it up and be as much of an asshole as possible during the build, but I think that if the story during the match was that they were literally hitting each other with everything they've got, both of them withstanding it, coming back for more and just being half dead when it's over, you've got a genuine 5 star performance. Miz can still be a great heel and earn respect at the same time.

As for Lesnar, smarkmouth already touched on it. Bryan is someone who'd crawl over a field of broken glass buck naked to be able to wrestle again while Lesnar is this mercenary who has no real heart, no real passion aside from getting big paychecks. It's a program that'd be very easy to write, very easy to relate to and very easy for fans to sink their teeth into with Bryan and Lesnar being clearly defined as babyface and heel. I'd probably be so busy cringing during the match whenever Bryan took a bump for Lesnar that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the bout the first time around; Lesnar can be clumsy and downright reckless at times so I'd be a little worried about Bryan being injured.

There'd be real possibilities in most of those potential choices, though I'd keep Bryan away from Braun Strowman for a good long while. A full blown heel Strowman against Bryan would be a lot of fun so let's see if it's possible a year or two down the road.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Maybe WWE should have The Miz retain at Wrestlemania, move him to Smackdown and at Summerslam the main event will be: The Miz vs Bryan for the Intercontinental Championship

This will be a magnificent story as it ticks so many boxes..
    1) Miz has now clearly made the IC title the most prestigious title and he's in the main event, above TWO world championships
    2) Miz vs Bryan story ends
    3) Bryan takes another title from the Miz after a return, just like 2010
    4) Bryan wins the title he never lost, back in 2015
    There's so much history between Miz and Bryan... from NXT, to Summerslam 2010, to the US title match, to Talking Smack, to the Intercontinental Championship. Obvisously this match for me could easily main event Summerslam and could be a potential main event for Wrestlemania.. even if it is for the Intercontinental Championship, which IMO, it should be for.

And after this has happened at Summerslam, Bryan can win the Rumble he's owed and go to the main event of WM 35 and beat Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship.

One can dream... But imagine the publicity this story will bring to the company, and with the whole "empowerment" thing taking place. Wrestler beats retirement, wins the IC title he never lost against the biggest bully, defies all odds and wins the Rumble that he should have won two times before, main events once again and finally he can have a proper world championship run. If WWE plays this correctly and if Bryan stays healthy... I can't even imagine the cash WWE will print and all the emotions us fans will get from such a story.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really wanted to see Raw General Manager, Kurt Angle vs. Smackdown General Manager, Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 34, but I’d settle for this match without the General Manager labels, any time of the year. All of the other SuperStars in the poll are all tied for a very close second place.
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information