Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Lashley signed by WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Meh, I can't say that I'm all that interested in Lashley, of course that could all change depending upon what they do with him. If it's something with Brock Lesnar, my initial reaction is that I pass because I have this image of WWE going the route of making the program between them revolve around both being beasts or something. In terms of a win-loss record, Lashley's far more impressive than Lesnar but Lesnar generated gobs of money and interest in the biggest MMA promotion out there while Lashley's been a player in Bellator, which isn't remotely on the same level of UFC when it comes to brand recognition. I would say that Bellator is the WCW of the MMA while UFC is the WWE but WCW was a legit competitor and threat to WWE at one time and Bellator has never, ever been that to the UFC. So, I guess it's more of the TNA of the MMA world.

I most definitely don't want to see him get the Brock Lesnar treatment, however, where he's this unstoppable, untouchable guy who works only a handful of times a year and does only a small handful of moves each match. Even though, to some degree, it was warranted for Lesnar, it's not for Lashley because Lashley has never remotely drawn the sort of money or buzz that Lesnar has, whether it's been wrestling or MMA.
    The thing about Brock is that it is u fair to compare anyone to him in wrestling. Since the very moment he went to the WWE they have treated him like an unstoppable monster. Even in his first run he was protected from the start. People have beat him in various different mat he's but his win/loss record is definitely screwed in the positive direction. And that's how the WWE wants it. They have billed him as a Beast and built it from last Mania that he is pretty much unbeatable by anyone.

The difference between him and Lashley is that Bobby Lashley will be around a lot more. And second, they don't have to go down that same route with Lashley he's got the physique, the history and the skill to be a very big performer in the WWE. There's no doubt that they could reasonably put him alongside someone like Roman Reigns and have him be a reasonable challenger to that throne.

Lashley has all the attributes that Vince is big on. I guess the bigger question is how deep Lashley wants to sink his time into the WWE. The sky is the limit for the kid, as it always has been in WWE.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lashley will have reactions similar to AJ Styles. Hardcore fans will cheer for him, casuals will have to get to know him.

I don't see how a program with Lesnar works. You'd want to protect Lashley until he turns into a draw again. He will not be beating Lesnar, so what does Lashley gain from a loss to Brock Lesnar?

When he left the company, Bobby was green still. He's no former world champion. How do you promote Lashley upon his return? Why would anyone care about him? His greatest feat is that he was involved in shaving McMahon's head.

Will he be the same tough guy he was back then? Who can forget him jumping onto the cage and ripping it off and Joey Styles screaming, "OH MY GAWDDD".

It will be interesting to see how Lashley fits in today's WWE.

EDIT: Bobby Lashley is just a mad Apollo Crews. Or maybe Apollo Crews is the PG Bobby Lashley.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have no idea who they'd expect him to work with given, like a reverse Sly, I'm utterly out of the loop on the WWE atmosphere, but I can tell you that Lashley has only improved during his time with Impact. I have no doubt he can put on a match worthy of Wrestlemania.

4. Likes supermatto64, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd love to see Lashley back in the WWE and can't wait. I always thought that, had he not got injured and left, he had the potential to be one of the biggest names in the WWE. When he did get injured he was in the midst of a pretty good push. He's still in very good shape and, as has been said, he's gotten a lot better in the wrestling ring then he was when he left WWE. So I think his return has a lot of potential to produce interesting story lines and some very good matches/encounters.

Color me intrigued.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    I'd love to see Lashley back in the WWE and can't wait. I always thought that, had he not got injured and left, he had the potential to be one of the biggest names in the WWE. When he did get injured he was in the midst of a pretty good push. He's still in very good shape and, as has been said, he's gotten a lot better in the wrestling ring then he was when he left WWE. So I think his return has a lot of potential to produce interesting story lines and some very good matches/encounters.

Color me intrigued.
    I'd like to see Braun vs Lashley at WM. Double countout, protect them both. Braun moves on to face Reigns, Lashley probably has to go through Vince's monster gatekeepers, Kane & Big Show. Maybe move on to Joe after that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you're looking for a prime example of what Lashley can do, watch his match against Drew Galloway from Slammiversary 2016:

8. Likes jmt225, supermatto64 liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lashley has gotten much, much better. The guy has an amateur background, is strong as an ox, and can do a hurricanrana. Have WWE get rid of his really bad gear color schemes and he'll be a star. You know Vince knows how to book someone who looks like that and Lashley already has the rest of the skill set.

10. Likes supermatto64 liked this post

Thread Information