Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Lashley signed by WWE

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bobby Lashley signed by WWE

We will update thread location when a more reputable source comes through but it's being reported that Lashley has indeed signed with WWE again.

I think the obvious spot here is debut on the night after Mania, either to do a kickoff program with Brock to build for a match with Reigns or straight onto an angle with Reigns.

2. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not exactly sure what Lashley brings anymore (and I mean that because I haven't seen him since he left the WWE), but it'll be interesting to see how the WWE would integrate him into their roster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People are saying that he's bound to feud with Lesnar after Mania but I was of the impression that Lesnar was leaving the WWE after Mania? I don't think it's been confirmed by any means but that's what I'm hearing all the time.

If he's signed, get him involved tonight. There's tonnes of people that Lashley could be feuding with heading into Mania. Why wait until Mania to introduce him. Hell, if Taker isn't going to go at Mania, have Lasgley take on Cena and have Cena out him over. Lashley could be a big deal if they play their cards right again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    People are saying that he's bound to feud with Lesnar after Mania but I was of the impression that Lesnar was leaving the WWE after Mania? I don't think it's been confirmed by any means but that's what I'm hearing all the time.

If he's signed, get him involved tonight. There's tonnes of people that Lashley could be feuding with heading into Mania. Why wait until Mania to introduce him. Hell, if Taker isn't going to go at Mania, have Lasgley take on Cena and have Cena out him over. Lashley could be a big deal if they play their cards right again.
    Lashley did have something of a thing going on for a while and his match with Cena was very good (and over ten years ago now...damn, I'm old).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would Lashley vs Lesnar draw? Honestly, I, like Slyfox said earlier, have not seen anything from Lashley in over a decade.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well, enjoyment is in the eyes of the beholder but I don't think anything really 'draws' in the WWE anymore. The ratings are as the ratings always are. There are very few things that make the mainstream appeal. Lesnar signing was one of them and so was Rousey. It's as good of a shot as anything else I can think of. Lesnar still has a bit of clout outside of the WWE and the WWE could capitalise on that just now if they wanted to.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's funny. I agree wholeheartedly with Dave. If reports are true, there's legitimately no reason to wait after Wrestlemania to bring Lashley into the fold. He's somebody current fans may remember, and he definitely kept himself relevant outside of the company. I'm always of the mind that you must strike when the iron is hot, and if they had Lashley wreck shit at Elimination Chamber tonight, or just pop in as a surprise tomorrow, then that's just another reason to want to tune in next week. Build him up and have him face Cena or Strowman at Wrestlemania. Not like Raw or Smackdown are busting at the seams with narrative right now.

9. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Lashley is tremendous. It's about time he returns to WWE.

A part of me admires Lashley for trying to follow his dreams into becoming an MMA fighter, but man... I really wish he hadn't of done that. What a waste of time that was.

At least now he gets a shot at redemption.

11. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The rumors that I've read are that Brock is going to work on a handshake/short term deal after Mania up until SummerSlam to continue putting Reigns over, so I doubt that the Brock/Lashley feud happens. Not high on that either, all you really have is both guys were MMA fighters and both had drastically different paths. Brock was given his spot in the UFC because he was a draw and while he won the title, he had very mixed results. Lashley worked his way up from a much lower starting spot, getting a lot of Ws, but never fighting anyone of real note. I'd much rather see Lashley in the upper midcard/ocassional main event realm. He improved a lot outside the WWE, but isn't anything special as a character or promo guy. His size and in ring skill at that size will give him enough to work with a lot of names in WWE, maybe even a Smackdown run as top guy, but I don't want to see him given the Brock push.

13. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Meh, I can't say that I'm all that interested in Lashley, of course that could all change depending upon what they do with him. If it's something with Brock Lesnar, my initial reaction is that I pass because I have this image of WWE going the route of making the program between them revolve around both being beasts or something. In terms of a win-loss record, Lashley's far more impressive than Lesnar but Lesnar generated gobs of money and interest in the biggest MMA promotion out there while Lashley's been a player in Bellator, which isn't remotely on the same level of UFC when it comes to brand recognition. I would say that Bellator is the WCW of the MMA while UFC is the WWE but WCW was a legit competitor and threat to WWE at one time and Bellator has never, ever been that to the UFC. So, I guess it's more of the TNA of the MMA world.

I most definitely don't want to see him get the Brock Lesnar treatment, however, where he's this unstoppable, untouchable guy who works only a handful of times a year and does only a small handful of moves each match. Even though, to some degree, it was warranted for Lesnar, it's not for Lashley because Lashley has never remotely drawn the sort of money or buzz that Lesnar has, whether it's been wrestling or MMA.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information