Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stomping Grounds - 6/23

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    One of my biggest takeaways from this is how sick I am of heel authority figures.
    There isn’t any authority figures here?

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    There isn’t any authority figures here?
    I'm sick of the general sense of heels always having the upper hand on faces and faces constantly having to overcome the odds. Having heel authority figures like they do now basically enables this. Combine this with the heels (like Corbin and Shane) not being interesting at all, and the problem only gets magnified.

It's an underrated reason 2016 Smackdown was so good. No heel authority figures to screw faces over for cheap heat, and the product was much better.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Stomping Grounds 2019
    Date: June 23, 2019
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton, Tom Phillips, Renee Young

It’s the show that no one was asking for, featuring a bunch of rematches from the show that fans didn’t want to watch in the first place. The big question here is who will be the guest referee in the Universal Title match with Baron Corbin challenging Seth Rollins. I’m not sure what to expect here, though everything outside of the main events doesn’t look too bad actually. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

And WWE And Impact And WCW

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Tony Nese vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak - ***3/4
    WWE Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans - **1/2
    Tag Team Match: The New Day vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn - ***3/4
    WWE United States Championship: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet - ***3/4
    WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: The New Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery - ***1/4
    WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss - **3/4
    Singles Match: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre - ***
    WWE Championship Steel Cage Match: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler - **1/2
    WWE Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin - **

The first seven matches on the card ranged from solid to great. The last two main event title matches, however, pretty much petered out.

The Cruiserweights delivered in a really fun, high energy, fast paced match.

Becky vs. Lacey II was solid, Lacey's trying and there were some positioning issues here and there but nothing bad. It's time to move Becky onward.

New Day vs. Owens & Zayn was a lot of fun and it was great to see the latter finally win something. I'd like to see them stick around as a tag team.

Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet was also great. There were times I wasn't sure which way WWE was going with the win and it was a cool moment for Ricochet. Given Triple H's hug afterward, Ricochet strikes me as someone Trips will really fight hard for.

The blue brand tag title match was exactly what it needed to be: fun and energetic with Bryan & Rowan helping to elevate Heavy Machinery to another level while retaining their titles/

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss was pretty good and it was nice to see Bayley finally get a win over Alexa Bliss.

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre was pretty good, better than it had any right to be considering how many times we've seen it. What hurt this match was Drew McIntyre continuing to be sacrificed for the purpose of keeping Shame McMahon running around for no apparent reason. 2019 was supposed to be a big year for Drew and it's disappointing to see such a talent relegated to the role of a heavy and sidekick instead of challenging for and winning World Championships like he should be.

Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler was okay, but flat. Nobody's just really interested in this program. Ziggler's a talented guy, always has been, but his "it should've been me" stuff has been going on for a few years and it's just beyond stale. Ziggler's damaged goods right now and nothing short of an overhaul in his look and persona is all that can remotely help revitalize him. Kofi retained, so please move him on.

Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin just didn't have it. There was just too much going against the match. To be honest, I didn't mind Lacey Evans as the special referee as there's logic to it considering Rollins couldn't get all slap happy with the steel chair on her as he could have with a man. The problem is that the crooked special ref is something that's been done to death, we've seen it a few times this year already and it's just not any fun. Another problem is that Baron Corbin was involved in this match. Corbin is someone who should be in the tag team or mid-card scene, he's just not got the stuff right now as a main eventer. Please....please move Rollins onto someone else and don't try to squeeze another month out of this program.

All in all, I give the show a C+, MAYBE a B- if I really, really stretch things. A really good undercard all in all but the top title matches suffered from overdone angles and uninteresting challengers. Still, it could've been a much, much worse show than it was.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information