Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raw LD - June 24, 2019

Pretty good show last night. Maybe it's just me but there seemed to be...I dunno...like maybe a common goal that was actually being strived for? For instance, while most of the matches weren't anything to write home about, everything did look like it was advancing current storylines or beginning new ones. We haven't gotten a lot of that on Raw in quite a while. Seeing Taker was a nice surprise and if both he and WWE insist on him working matches, tag team bouts are probably the way to go. Unfortunately, Shane probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon as I've read rumors that they'll be carrying his feud with Roman all the way to SummerSlam.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of Corbin and Evans continuing to feud with Rollins and Lynch but the stipulation of their mixed tag match for ER does give me a little something to look forward to. If the heels lose, they're both out of the title picture. Lacey has done okay, all things considered, and I'm glad they haven't rushed to put the title on her. Corbin just sucks the life out of the room and it's long past to get him out of such a prominent spot. There's always the possibility of the heels winning at ER, thereby becoming champions, but I don't see that happening. I don't see a need for the match but I'm feeling confident that it'll put Corbin especially out of the main event spot for a while as I see both Rollins and Becky having pretty decently long runs as champs.

Seeing as how the Revival got Bryan & Rowan eliminated last night, on purpose, I'm wondering if we just saw the next step towards unifying the tag titles.

Ricochet vs. AJ Styles was a lot of fun for the time they were given, I'm just not crazy about the ending. Once again, we have another non-title match where the champion loses his first match after becoming champion, only 24 hours in this case, and it didn't seem at all necessary. While I don't think this is a bad sign for Ricochet, I'd have rather he won this bout and it was used in furtherance of whatever is going on with Styles, Anderson and Gallows. Speaking of which, it's ironic that WWE now looks to be doing something somewhat relevant with them, such as reforming their alliance with AJ Styles, when they're allegedly only months away from leaving due to being used like crap for the last 3 years or so. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're the dynamic dream team that New Japan fans marked out for, I haven't seen that level of greatness at all even after watching some of their New Japan matches, but they're a good, solid team who could have been utilized much better.

All the stuff with the 24/7 Championship continues to be fun. They're not trying to make it into a bigger deal or title than it is and that works to its benefit. It's not a serious title, don't try to treat it as though it is and give everyone a few harmless laughs.

There was a lot of stuff on Raw last night, but most of it actually had a purpose for being on. It was also one of the most focused shows we've seen out of Raw in quite a spell. The last several shows have been better than what's become the norm for Raw, they still have quite a bit of work to do but, as for now, things are looking up. I give last night's show a B=.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh I forgot, add 1.6 points for the mysterious Bray puppets watching random wrestlers. If my math is correct, we're sitting at a higher number out of 5.4 now.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Thread Information