Thread: Extreme Rules: WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Bayley (c) VS. Alexa Bliss

Extreme Rules: WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Bayley (c) VS. Alexa Bliss

Due to her win over Bayley last night, Nikki Cross earned a Women's Championship match for Alexa Bliss at Extreme Rules.

First off, I absolutely despise when they do this. I truly dislike matches where the challenger is challenging for a match on behalf of someone else. It makes Nikki Cross look even dumber than before...I mean...where's the wild woman who raised hell in NXT? Why has she become this quiet, shy, timid little wallflower....ehhh, I'm not gonna get on a rant, I'm too worn out from so much disappointment.

As for the match itself, you have to suspect that Alexa Bliss wins this one and we're treated to quite a while more of Nikki being her little toadie.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You might be too worn out, but I ain't!

C'mon WWE! What the fuck is your deal? You think that you can just shut down a great gimmick as some kind of "break" between major PPVs? I get it WWE, you're stretching yourself so fucking thin trying to blanket us from all the other amazing prowrestling out there and as a result you're needing to give creative a few breaks in between major shows by slapping together some writing that's so deliberately lazy that it's as if Nikki Cross is getting the Funkasaurus treatment.

I get that an idea's level of interest is a subjective concept, but making Nikki into a dopey myopic side-kick seems pretty backward. I don't remember them explaining what in the fuck happened, just that Nikki is now an Alexa Bliss super-fan. I get that explanations aren't always necessary, and that there wasn't really an explanation for why Nikki was ever a sadistic psychopath in the first place. Here's the thing; Nikki was "different" when she was Sanity's pitbull. Now, Nikki is basically Dana Brooke version 2.

We can all see the results of this partnership a mile away, and even if we're wrong the alternative results are still foreseeable and equally as dull. Nikki pours her heart out into this friendship, and Alexa keeps her hanging on and keeps on shamelessly abusing her trust. Eventually Nikki has HAD IT, and she snaps!

I explain the obvious outcome of this to point out that we literally JUST saw this happen with Nia Jax, albeit that one involved body-shaming and this one is just Alexa being a jerk-ass in general. I didn't just use the term "jerk-ass" flippantly, if you lost a world championship over this attitude and you're doing it again, then you're an ass on top of everything else. Honestly; does Alexa Bliss not realize that Nikki Cross might be a loose cannon if she's pushed too far?

At least with Nia, we might wonder if she would snap. Her attitude is usually calm, cool, and collected. Nikki Cross is the second coming of motherfucking Buzz Sawyer. Nikki stopped being crazy as recently as this stupid angle started, and now Alexa is all like "I should push this person to the breaking point! What a novel concept!"

Phooey I say! Phooey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd rather see the woman that pinned the champion get the title shot.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information