Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff named as Exec Directors to RAW and Smackdown

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    It has been speculated *speculated* that when the XFL kicks off next year that Vince will take a step back from WWE and focus on Alpha Entertainment/XFL. This may be part of taking the next step in that.

I think Bischoff and Heyman could come up with some good stuff. Heyman doesn't have to pay anyone and Bischoff has someone over him to make sure he doesn't go HAM.

I'd look for any real chance to not happen until after SummerSlam though as most major story lines there seem well in motion.
    Yeah, I've read those reports as well. Some say Vince won't be stepping back but I honestly don't see how he couldn't. If half the stuff I've read is true, basically all Vince does in terms of "relaxing" is working out, watching an occasional football game on weekends and taking a crap. The rest of the time, he's said to be totally immersed in work. If he doesn't take time off from WWE, then I'd guess it means that he actually trusts someone to run the day to day operation of actually running the XFL. Maybe pro football isn't his wheelhouse and can actually admit that? I mean, the XFL did fail once and it's not l ike Vince has years and years under his belt of working in football; maybe he feels nobody knows wrestling better than him and, therefore, keeps his primary focus on WWE and lets others handle the XFL?

To me, that seems like a long shot. It's just so difficult to imagine Vince not being in control of the XFL and since it's his money that's funding the thing, at least for now, I just can't see him trusting anyone else with that investment. So yeah, I just don't see how he'll be able to stay on top of things in both WWE and the XFL and I can see him turning things mostly over to Triple H. After all, whenever you see an interview being given to Sports Illustrated, Forbes, a press conference or what have you, it's always Triple H unless it's something to do with WWE's various partnerships with organizations like Make A Wish and what not, then it's usually Stephanie front and center. Trips and Stephanie are reportedly the ones who negotiated the big billion dollar TV deal with Fox, Vince is said to have had nothing to do with it and, if true, then you know that has to mean he has trust in them.

I don't know how people backstage feel about Bischoff but Heyman is said to be really, really well liked by the wrestlers, producers, agents and is alleged to have gotten pretty close with Triple H as well over the last several years. If Vince steps back, Trips steps in and can maintain a real working relationship with Heyman and Bischoff, and by that I mean actually considering their ideas, listening to them and even working with them on ideas, then we could see some really good stuff whenever things fall into place.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So to save a product that is struggling, the WWE has brought in two men who...completely failed in their own endeavors.

Well, it's an idea at least!

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's being reported that Bischoff and Heyman will be heavily featured on-screen.

Just what WWE needs - more time dedicated to on-screen authority figures.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So to save a product that is struggling, the WWE has brought in two men who...completely failed in their own endeavors.

Well, it's an idea at least!
    I'll give you Bischoff, but ECW failed because Heyman was (is, too, maybe?) a terrible businessman. It certainly didn't fail because people weren't interested. That being said, whether his imagination and supporting talents resonate with an audience in 2019 remain to be seen.

Anyone remember that interview when TNA was entertaining the idea of getting Heyman. I recall a quote from Heyman, along the lines of "If you're over the age of 40 when I walk in the door, I'll chop your head off."

Good thing for Randy that he's on Smackdown.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ECW peaked creatively in '97. Smackdown when Heyman was booking was great because of the quality of wrestling and the relatively new stars that were pushed in the mid-card, it wasn't exactly eventful elsewhere.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    The next few weeks could be telling as to the foreseeable future of WWE as Heyman and Bischoff are both set to truly step into their new roles following the Extreme Rules PPV. There have even been reports that they'll have a "clean slate" to work with but I'm not putting too much stock in that. For instance, Shane McMahon isn't going anywhere anytime soon, that's obvious due to Kevin Owens' attack on him this past Tuesday so it looks as though we're about to see Shane face off in a feud against yet another former World Champion in WWE.

At any rate, the build towards SummerSlam should show if Heyman and Bischoff actually have any real creative authority or if they're basically just a go between for Vince and the creative staff, much like Triple H has been. I have no doubt that Vince is still running the show, of course, and that he'll still approve or disapprove of whatever, but if he's not really going to listen to their ideas and just simply do what he wants, as he's been doing for forever, then WWE is pretty much doomed until/unless Vince is just not physically or mentally capable of being in charge and is forced to leave due ot age or sickness.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information